NEWS

Best pistol in the game?

• 220 Replies

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #180 on: <11-28-11/0058:15> »
Depends on if you consider an Armored Jacket as "armored clothing" as far as using Delta Amyloid, I suppose.

-k

Tsuzua

• Omae
« Reply #181 on: <11-28-11/1154:13> »
Depends on if you consider an Armored Jacket as "armored clothing" as far as using Delta Amyloid, I suppose.

I would delta amyloid a piece from the Steampunk Line and have 10/7 with full FFBA 6/2 and then PPP to taste.  It costs more, but it's also more balanced overall between impact and ballistic.  I'm a big fan of delta amyloid greatcoats myself.

As for APDS using Superhawks, I tend to call guns like that can-openers since they're designed to break though armored vehicles.  Called shot APDS Superhawks is -4 dice but does 10P -6AP damage (+net hits to DV).  They'll hurt the vast majority of stock vehicles.  The best can-opener of them all of course is the errataed Gauss Rifle.

Edit-Clarified Ammo
« Last Edit: <11-28-11/1346:38> by Tsuzua »

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #182 on: <11-28-11/1203:51> »

I would delta amyloid a piece from the Steampunk Line and have 10/7 with full FFBA 6/2 and then PPP to taste.  It costs more, but it's also more balanced overall between impact and ballistic.  I'm a big fan of delta amyloid greatcoats myself.

As for APDS using Superhawks, I tend to call guns like that can-openers since they're designed to break though armored vehicles.  Called shot Superhawks is -4 dice but does 10P -6AP damage (+net hits to DV).  They'll hurt the vast majority of stock vehicles.  The best can-opener of them all of course is the errataed Gauss Rifle.

That also means it would get through the 16 balistic armor and make physical.... hmmm interesting. :D

Also I remember reading an argument about that some time ago, not sure there was a real difference in what the two sides were arguing. Looking at the pictures for some of the clothing it doesn't look like it's that armored, and looks more like clothing to me.
« Last Edit: <11-28-11/1205:26> by Zilfer »
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Henker

• Newb
  • Mystic Adept
« Reply #183 on: <01-05-12/0752:54> »
I am damned with the Colt Manhunter since 2nd Ed. Every time one of my characters have tryed to use it I have only achieved to miss my rolls, even with a hand full of dice, the more success I ever get was ~3/4 succes even at short range :(

Shall I grab a colt manhuter, I will use it as a melee weapon, this could be worst :D

My favorite for pistols are :
- the Ares Predator.since the APII, any one is good for me! so AP4 is like a limo ;)
- the Ares Slivergun, I really like it with called shots with phys-ad
- the Fichetti 600 is fun with is large clip, I like to use it with stick n shock round
Eighth and final rule: if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #184 on: <01-05-12/0802:24> »
Also I remember reading an argument about that some time ago, not sure there was a real difference in what the two sides were arguing. Looking at the pictures for some of the clothing it doesn't look like it's that armored, and looks more like clothing to me.

The argument boiled down to using the common-use definition of the word "clothing" as "a worn garment" vs a strict adherence to some fiddly technicalities in the book that were represented to mean that only the item "Clothing 0/0" counted as clothing, and everything else was armor and neither the twain shall meet. Now, let us not go back to that dark place, because I'm sure FastJack would be happier that way.

As for the subject at hand, I submit to you that the Yamaha "Sakura Fubuki" loaded with Stick'n'Shock is a fun little toy. Light pistol based off the real-world "Metal Storm" weapon concept, 40 round capacity in four tubes, can fire Narrow Short Bursts, but only takes recoil as if from firing single-shot.

Chop the stock, Suppress it, Cham-Coat it, add an Improved Range Finder, then slap on a Smartgun System accessory and put it in a Concealable Holster.

-7 Conceal, base -7 to hear it when it fires, no range penalties out to 15 meters, and can fire 13 bursts before reloading.
« Last Edit: <01-05-12/0814:29> by JustADude »
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #185 on: <01-06-12/1049:06> »
...Ruger Super Warhawk with EXEX. Never let the kid down yet.

May only have 6 shots, but they're 6 shots that make very big holes in the oppos.
"It only holds six rounds.  But that's six dead opponents."

"Two hundred punks,
well whatcha gonna do?
I got two six-shooters
that'll see me through.
That's ... 12 dead.
And a hundred and eighty-eight pallbearers."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #186 on: <01-06-12/1053:00> »
"And if we run out of ammo..."  *Revs up Monofilament Chainsaw*  "Oh, they're going to wish we hadn't run out of ammo!"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #187 on: <01-06-12/1906:10> »
"And if we run out of ammo..."  *Revs up Monofilament Chainsaw*  "Oh, they're going to wish we hadn't run out of ammo!"

*Sparks with electricity between hands and surrounding him as he prepares to over cast....

Scythe: You got that right.... Raikiri! (centering i have to say my spells in japanese :P)

*Throws F14 lightning ball*

ouch... that's 12 Drain more than my health.... time to edge my drain dice pool of 12 to 18, and then get a lucky ass roll! XD (got to love when your dice pool makes enough sixes to turn your whole dice pool into all fives and sixes to where you have to start adding dice xd)
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #188 on: <01-06-12/1908:34> »
*Sparks with electricity between hands and surrounding him as he prepares to over cast....

Scythe: You got that right.... Raikiri! (centering i have to say my spells in japanese :P)

*Throws F14 lightning ball*

ouch... that's 12 Drain more than my health.... time to edge my drain dice pool of 12 to 18, and then get a lucky ass roll! XD (got to love when your dice pool makes enough sixes to turn your whole dice pool into all fives and sixes to where you have to start adding dice xd)

.... *mutters*  Force halved, counterspelling, shielding ... hmmm ... can I ignore this?
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

baronspam

• Omae
« Reply #189 on: <01-07-12/0005:36> »
Back to the Ruger Thunderbolt, I cant figure out how to get it to five RC.  You put on an underbarrel weight (the adjusting one is not allowed on pistols, but the standard is, thats one) you can add either a personalized grip or an electric firing system for a second point.  It comes with two points standard.  Thats four.  You can't add a gas vent (not allowed on pistols).  You could add a stock, but for goodness sake at that point is basically a smg, just get an smg not a burst fire pistol with a bloody stock.  Am I missing something obvious at this point?  How do you get that fifth RC point without it having it come from the character and not the gun?

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #190 on: <01-07-12/0010:47> »
Back to the Ruger Thunderbolt, I cant figure out how to get it to five RC.  You put on an underbarrel weight (the adjusting one is not allowed on pistols, but the standard is, thats one) you can add either a personalized grip or an electric firing system for a second point.  It comes with two points standard.  Thats four.  You can't add a gas vent (not allowed on pistols).  You could add a stock, but for goodness sake at that point is basically a smg, just get an smg not a burst fire pistol with a bloody stock.  Am I missing something obvious at this point?  How do you get that fifth RC point without it having it come from the character and not the gun?

Only other way I can see would be a Gyro in a Cyberarm or a point from having high Strength.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Tsuzua

• Omae
« Reply #191 on: <01-07-12/0939:34> »
You could add a stock, but for goodness sake at that point is basically a smg, just get an smg not a burst fire pistol with a bloody stock.  Am I missing something obvious at this point?  How do you get that fifth RC point without it having it come from the character and not the gun?

There's a huge difference between a smg and a Thunderbolt with a stock.  They use entirely different skills and that's an up to 9 dice pool difference with some characters. 

In addition to the gyromount cyberarm mod and the Strength provides RC optional rule* in Arsenal, there's also foot anchors.

*- An optional rule used in Missions and I recommend.

baronspam

• Omae
« Reply #192 on: <01-07-12/1030:01> »
I was working from Umaro's claim earlier in the thread that you can get the Thunderbolt to 5 RC, making it as that point, in his opinion "the best pistol".  But I was hoping there was a way to hit 5 without doing something goofy like putting a stock on it, or mounting it on a bipod, etc (would have to look to see if the last is even legal).  The point being is that if you are building a pistol character you want a pistol, something you can put in a shoulder holster or stick in the pocket of your greatcoat.  With a stock basically you have built a poor man's smg (actually an expensive poor man's smg once you put all the mods on it).  It might be useful for times when the plan is to go in heavy and loud and your pistols 7 (automatics) guy without another firearms skill wants an assault weapon, but I was just saying if you are going to carry one as your standard weapon then you probably should have built an automatics character instead. 

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #193 on: <01-08-12/0029:37> »
Thunderbolt has 2 pts of integral RC.  Underbarrel weight makes it 3.  Folding stock makes it 4.  Personalized grip makes it 5.

Concealability is still 0.  Damage is still 5P -1AP.

Unfortunately, it still has crap for range and poo capacity.

Btw, "Folding Stock... As the name suggests, the stock can be folded into the weapon’s frame so it is not in the way when it’s not needed." So it has the same profile as a heavy pistol but can fire 2 fully comped short bursts without Str RC.  Even has 2 mod slots left to give it Chameleon Coat or give it Easy Breakdown and an Improved Range Finder.

I still think that an Ares Alpha AR is the best pistol..
« Last Edit: <01-08-12/0050:03> by Kontact »

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #194 on: <01-08-12/0105:15> »
I still think that an Ares Alpha AR is the best pistol..

A what?