NEWS

[IC] The Dragonslayer

• 48 Replies

Weebomancer

• Newb
« on: <04-23-12/1954:09> »
It's 2:20 AM and the dingy gray city of Seattle is the same as it ever was, gross, loud, stinky, and of course obnoxious as all holy hell when it comes to drama. What a professional wouldn't give to be able to just pull his gun and shoot the next asshole that thinks he's tough. Toughness...a quality any runner wants for every job, too bad these streetfighters don't have a clue that the only thing they really are is street trash. Nothing like the bottom feeding on the bottom and overestimating it's worth.

Only one kind of person would think this city is worth a damn. A crazy one. Yet here I am watching police beat a kid in a way that makes some ancient racism trid videos a run for the hills and all I can think is that it's unjust.

"What the hell is wrong with me? Caring about this makes no sense..."

As the man turns away from the kid getting beaten a light buzzing noise interrupts his train of thought. "What the hell? I don't recognize this forwarded number...I told that-" indistinct chatter "Yeah I got the forwarded number but I thought I said no more strangers last time I got screwed because it wasn't a real good job." Fine I'll give her a call." indistinct chatter from his phone "What? Wait why did you give me all these numbers?" indistinct chatter from his phone "You are aware that they make their own groups right?" Pauses for a moment. "Why would you then have me call on them myself and-" more noises erupt from the phone. "Fine! Jesus! Just stop stressing the points already I heard the first time, I was just stating that it felt a little off to call each runner independently and force them into a pre arranged group. They usually bring along people they can trust." chatter "Ok, ok I was just stating a concern you don't need to blow a testicle over it. I already said I would do it to the letter."

Ending his call he starts on his way to a local club and restuarant called The Worst Mistake. "Ironic how this place seems to tell me what I think."

With that he starts a call. Starting with the woman on the top...Reiko Tetsuki. Goes by Predator these days. "This should be fraggin rich."
« Last Edit: <04-23-12/2026:36> by Weebomancer »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-23-12/2041:29> »
Predator, sitting in a booth in Dante's, tilts her head slightly as her comm signals an incoming call. Checking the number and not recognizing it, she makes sure her encrypt utility is set to high strength and answers, saying via subvocal--so other patrons can't hear--"Yes? Who is this?"
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Weebomancer

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-23-12/2114:10> »
"This is Gerrard Woodward and I have a certain folder of...company issues I need to discuss. Of course you will be paid for your help in these matters."

The part is the part he hated the most you never do this in the game of business, it's common sense to give thinking time. Waiting on his order still he tried to remain as hopeful as he could...until he saw a nice catch.

"If you accept I will need to see you come to the Phoenix Inn as soon as possible. Preferrably within the next two days. I know it's pretty soon for the meet but I am authorized to pay you simply for meeting me."

He hoped secretly that this woman wasn't insane. Her file seemed to indicate some seriously traumatic experiences. You never know some people might be made of tougher stuff. Still he didn't like the job he had in store for her...it could make things real bad especially if his boss was bluffing. Maybe this is a good time to start saving money for that one way ticket to Europe...

"Anyways you won't be able to bring any friends of yours along with you. I already have to make seven more calls so I just need a yes or no. Should you accept or decline you will gain 500 nuyen for this unreasonable offer and waste of time. Although meeting me and hearing my case will benefit you another 1000 nuyen."

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-23-12/2133:56> »
Predator thinks for several long, protracted moments on what was said by the person on the other end of the comm call. A meeting on such short notice wasn't unexpected. It happens at times when the subject matter of a job is time sensitive, but the insistence on her showing up alone brought about the paranoia that comes after one has been in the Shadows for a while, especially considering the supposed pay just for meeting the man. No, this just screamed "Trap". A part of her remained curious however, and there were ways to ensure relative safety, so she responded, "A short meeting could be arranged, how is 2100 hours for a time?"

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-24-12/1236:51> »
Shrike splashed into the water, revelling in the tingling sensation of salt on her skin and the tropical sun beating down above.  Other children of the Fre∑dom tribe were playing around her, free for a little while from the harshness of the Puyallup ash wastes.  She flicked water at one of them and with a twist of code, dove into the digitally rendered waters, becoming a sleek porpoise as she did so…

…her game was interrupted by a comm call, her ‘link picking up the message and flagging it for attention.  It would seem that work was calling and the stipulation to come alone didn’t bother her…she was never alone as long as she had the matrix at her beck and call…
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Nycidian Grey

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <04-24-12/1412:34> »
Iron Raven couldn't believe how great it felt to be working, even if so far the work was all legit backbreaking mechanics work. There really was no rush on the Jackrabbit he was working on, considering it had almost been totaled, the owner wasn't going to expect to see it back anytime soon. Even so, he was working late into the night, well morning now, because it felt so damn good not to be incarcerated and to be able to freely commune with spirits of the machines once again. Although even as good as he felt he had to admit he was starting to dose off a bit...

...A commlink set to audible startled him awake. Damn, he must of dosed off, he certainly hadn't intended to pass out on the floor.

He looked at the AR time display as the commlink chirped again. 3am, must be another idiot wanting Mongolian take out, one damn alphanumeric off in ID and apparently half their clientele couldn't tell the difference between an O and a zero.

The commlink chirped a third time as he got up and stated heading for it. He realized then he was headed for his new dummy commlink Chase had gotten him for less legal activities, not the shops comm. Hmm, maybe some buisness, Chase sure works fast.

"Hello?"

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #6 on: <04-24-12/1623:42> »
The water beat down within the shower, steam rising to cloud the glass enclosure, obscuring the view of the two bodies writhing within. The sound of water and music from the trid system in the luxury hotel room hid the sounds coming from the conjoined pair.

Iceblade's commlink was set to take messages only, for the moment, as he had other 'work' to handle. The recording artist he was currently entertaining in her room at the Gates Undersound Hotel had just finished up a tour, and decided to take a day or two in Seattle to relax. At the moment, she was certainly not relaxing, but the singer didn't seem to mind.

The world may be hell outside, but there were times it was still very good to be him.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Jian

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <04-24-12/1631:18> »
Delir Emet, sitting in his bedroom in his small house, also had his comlink set to record the message, though unlike Iceblade, his distraction was of a less worldly nature. As was only proper, he regularly studied his book copy of the Avesta, honoring Ahura Mazda and seeking guidance in his tightrope between light and dark in the war of the cosmos.

The world was a battlefield outside, and it wasn't easy to be him.

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #8 on: <04-25-12/0333:51> »
CT is sitting in a nice comfortable armchair at home, his legs on a wooden table and is watching the replay of the Timberwolves match he attended earlier. Only paying attention to the most exciting scenes, he is currently busy cracking the latest patch for a tracking program supplied by his warez group. Same protection as last time, they are slacking off. But still making a note to double analyze it later, just to make sure it has no hidden options in it. Then he feels his commlink announcing a call.

A thousand Nuyen just for showing up. That's rich. Whether he is a newbie, has a hidden agenda or is just desperate - none of those options makes me feel comfortable about it. Better be extra careful, when going there.

An hour later after cracking the pogram, he is going to bed. Dreaming about the wonderful gothic elven girl, he saw earlier at the match - "Next time i will ask her out."
« Last Edit: <04-25-12/1510:03> by Lethe »

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <04-25-12/1409:45> »
Thorn pulls his Lexus off the highway as a translucent window flickered in the lefthand corner of his vision, giving him an AcID that the server didn't put a name to. Odd, that. He flicks the window open with a thought and focused as they connected, putting up a minor screen of interference just thick enough to stop any bugs or recordings (there were perks to the Resonance, no doubt about that) and waited as what sounded like a well-worn message unfurled. Darting his right hand over the AR interface of his car, he pulls up the Pheonix and sees, to his surprise, that it is only a few short kilometers away. He checked his taxable accounts, and his private one held by a rather discrete and unique group of launderers - unique in that they kept their electronic money transfers in a Resonance Network, making them completely incomprehensible to mundanes, and therefore making it perfect for him - and frowned at the low balance. His recent uprooting certainly hurt it. "I will see you in thirty minutes."

Weebomancer

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <04-28-12/0145:31> »
As Gerrard sat at the Inn's reception room he realized that he still had not been called back by some of his runners. Even though one was due in thirty minutes. Well he would not divulge information until they all showed up. He did after all rent enough suites for them. In fact he hoped that they would at least enjoy the week at the inn reserved for them. Gerrard knew he would get in trouble for sweeping bugs out from their rooms but what the heck. His boss would protect him from afar once again. Besides his line of work calls for privacy and he was sure his boss would be the better person to be happy with him. Hotel managers always bucked under a bribe. Even better was a threat but that could not give him an assurance of loyalty. Needless to say this hotel now has some blind spots for him to deal with his...team...in private.

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #11 on: <04-28-12/0527:19> »
The next morning after only three hours of sleep CT was fit as a fiddle. Giving his 'link a new strong encryption while having breakfast, at dawn he went out gliding through the fields of Snohomish, and started mass probing some of their clients nodes using a special access id. None of those exploits found are for keeping, they will all be reported. He knows how important it is to separate work and personal life.

In comparison to the dirty and crowded downtown Snohomish feels more free and its easier to breath here. During the day CT kept thinking about the call from last night. As soon as possible - Phoenix Inn - 1000 Nuyen. If it wasn't a joke, then it would be big business. CT got excited. He will go there in the evening, but first he had to finish his work.

It wouldn't hurt looking up this inn already - maybe i will even find some floorplans.
« Last Edit: <04-29-12/0620:47> by Lethe »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #12 on: <04-28-12/2023:50> »
In the morning, after he'd said goodbye to the starlet, Iceblade checked his messages, and saw the request for a meet. Thousand just for showing up? Had to be either something very important, or a trap. He'd had experience with both, in his time. Still, it had been a while since he'd done anything to move to the top of anyone's hit list, so for the moment he was willing to go with the idea of it being a legit meet. He sent a return message, saying he would be there for breakfast.

When he showed up, he was dressed in all black, a kind of designer brand casual look. Over it was a lined coat, and at his side was a katana, worn openly, and a knife slipped into one boot. He also had one of his Fubukis in a hidden arm slide in his coat, just in case they had to go to work immediately. After parking his Scorpion in the parking lot, he slid the designer Death Mask off his face, carrying it with him as he walked in the door. Time to meet with this guy, and see about his money. And the job.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <04-28-12/2039:04> »
Arriving approximately an hour before nine, Predator pulls into the parking area of the inn mentioned in the call, and after making certain all of her gear was secured, she settled in to watch for any others that may be arriving.  As the clock neared a quarter till, she steps out of the Rover, locking and activating the security systems on board--and keying the Doberman drone in the back into defense mode as a little 'surprise' for any would-be thieves--before heading inside the inn.

[spoiler]
Figure a Doberman drone armed with an APDS loaded battle rifle coming out shooting makes for a nice surprise for a common thief to run into.  ;)
[/spoiler]

Nycidian Grey

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <04-29-12/1112:15> »
Waking up the next morning after the call Iron Raven uses a full two days to compile and register sprites and to send a unregistered sleuth sprite to browse information about the Phoenix Inn. Because of the time frame hes going to have to rush three of the sprites registering which means hes going to owe allot of services, but not much he can do about it because going into an unknown with out is not worth it. 

After compiling all six sprites he spends a few hours knocking out a few services.
[spoiler]Web, I need to know  how many services I can do for them in four hours so I can keep track of the services[/spoiler]

At the end of the two days he puts his Ford LEBD, one of the GMC chariots and 2 of the Dragonflies into the Bays of the GMC Van and packs his two ferrets into two backpacks along with industrial tools and micro-welder packed in with his clothes and necessities. He puts one of his dragonflies in a pocket carefully. He makes sure his fake sin and license is loaded up in his commlink. He then heads off to his meeting at the Inn.

Timeline
[spoiler]
MS(#) = Machine Sprite (specific number) PS(#) = Paladin ...  SS(#) = Sleuth ...

09:00:  Wake, eat ,shower.
11:30: Compile MS(1), Rest.
14:30:  Use Diagnostics, Register MS(1)
21:30: Eat, Compile MS(2), Register(MS2).
04:30: Rest
08:30: Eat, Shower
09:00: Compile MS(3), Rest
11:00: Rush Register MS(3), Rest
13:00: Compile PS(1), Rush Register PS(1), Stop Diagnostics, Rest
18:00: Compile SS(1) Use SS(1) to Data Search Phoenix Inn, Rest
19:00: Eat, Drive to the  Phoenix Inn in his Van, assuming nothing drastic comes up about it in the Data Search.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-29-12/1803:27> by Nycidian Grey »