NEWS

[IC] The Dragonslayer

• 48 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <05-08-12/1237:32> »
Shrike mulled over the proposal for a nanosecond or two and then waited a comfortable time before replying, letting the other runner interject before her...

“I suppose it will depend on the nature of the assignment and how you wish us to be present.  There is a great difference between infiltrating the building with access to all our resources and being voluntarily captured and risk being separated from the tools we would normally have at our disposal to conduct a run.  In principal I have no objection to the former, the latter would require careful consideration before committing to it.

You are hiring professionals so the task will be difficult but not insurmountable if you want repeat business.  Consider me sufficiently interested.  Naturally nobody will hear of our discussions from me…”

She turned to the others to judge their reactions and see if this run was likely to get off the ground…
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #31 on: <05-08-12/1349:40> »
Iceblade shook his head. "I am sorry, but I won't throw away my current lifestyle for a job, nor will I voluntarily sign up for a criminal SIN. I've worked very hard to get what I have, and to keep from getting any criminal SINs attached to me. So if that is what you're asking for, I'll be leaving now." And with that, he rose, and began moving towards the door.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Nycidian Grey

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <05-08-12/2342:28> »
Iron Raven interjected as Iceblade began to leave.

"I think what were all looking for is some motivation, your asking an awful lot so one would assume your willing to give an awful lot, so tell me what are you willing to offer?"

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <05-09-12/1442:53> »
Thorn merely smiles. Tallying up his assets, deniable and official, and all the associated costs following a swift move, and nothing short of a heavy bonus, he comes to a nicely rounded figure with a healthy dose of zeroes, and flicks an AR paper football at his potential employer, before issuing his terms in a soft, slightly musical and lilting tone. "That's the cost of my life. They'll never find me after, I've made damned sure of that or my career would be rather shorter then it is, but the cost of making me dead is certainly the minimum before we continue." He waits, patiently, as he expertly constructs a snack of caviar and a french pate he recognized from his time there. Exquisite.

[spoiler]Bear in mind, he lives the high life and has the deposits down to make that cost exorbitant.[/spoiler]

Weebomancer

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <05-13-12/2233:53> »
Gerrard immediately looked up and began to curse himself. Where were his manners at? Asking for a job to be done and not throwing out a nice round number.

"Ah yes I seem to have momentarily had a lapse of manners there. The job is this. You will use nano paste disguises on top of body armor we have acquired to make an entrance known as cops that have not yet returned from their vacations. Of course it will stay that way. Using these identities as Knight Errant officers you will them smuggle in however much explosives you need to destroy the building. Before this however you will need to know that the corpses of these officers you will be playing are inside the building already. The cost of the explosives can be billed to me. After this you are to simply leave as whomever you wish to be. A second set of nano paste disguises will be supplied and in the lockers of your targets. The cans will look like paint but if you bother to scan the liquid inside you will know exactly what it is. Your new disguise complete with janitorial outfits also in the locker room. After this you simply walk out the back door. In essence you died. So you cannot have committed the crime you see?"

Leaning back Gerrard sends them all relevant files for where things are at. Including a cleaning service van to escape in.

"So in essence I guess the job I am asking you to do is become an officer of the law ironically, blow yourselves, in a strange way, up, and last but not least assume a off the grid disguise and drive away as your real selves. Only in cleaning outfits."

Gerrard paused to let them soak in the objectives.

"Now of course let's not forget the pay. First off I will now be transferring your 1,000 nuyen to you, second I will offer 50,000 nuyen total to the group to split up as they see fit. Of course you also have a week here free of charge but should you accept the time will be expanded to a month so you can make it a of base of operations while working together."

Gerrard hoped the pay would entice them to take on his other problems.

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #35 on: <05-14-12/1031:45> »
Well planned, low risk. CT was satisfied. If it wouldn't take them more then a few days of preparing, the payment would be appropriate. Looking around the table and at some of the fine suits, he could imagine that they seriously had to think about it. Maybe there is a way to get more out of this. "If we are targeting the building, is it an option to not blow up everyone inside as well. Massmurdering too many cops, will draw lots of heat, even if we are disguised." CT continued his brulee and waited for some more comments. Still tasting good.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <05-14-12/1038:54> »
Having gotten up to start walking away around the same time Iceblade did, Predator turns at the mission details and says, "Fifty thousand divided among so many for that level of risk--and yes the risk is inordinately high as those nano disguises are not foolproof by any means--would simply be unacceptable. You go looking for experienced crew and give a pay offer suited to a newbie?"
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <05-14-12/1054:06> »
Looking over to Predator as she spoke, Iceblade turned back to the Johnson, and shook his head. "Sorry, but blowing up a bunch of cops is bad for business. Killing in the course of battle is one thing, but if you want a building blown up, just get a drone, pack it with explosives, and fly it through the door. You want to start a war in Seattle, doing something like that. Even the Ghost Cartels have better sense than to go blowing up police stations in the UCAS. Now, a datasteal is one thing. But you're paying way too little for a job like this. Go get some rookies who don't know any better to do your wetwork. I don't do contract wetwork without a reason, and I never do the kind of juvenile crap like blowing up a police station." And then he turned again, continuing to the door.

My Characters

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <05-14-12/1305:24> »
Thorn frowns, not bothering to hide the distaste. These were not men trying to kill him, or corporate lackeys trying to force some experimental torture, these were just men and women earning a living. Copkilling was never something he had a taste for, and while wetwork is a part of life, this smacked of trouble in so many ways. "I can't imagine why you would think I would wander into a KE facility backed by potential amateurs, blow a bunch of cops to hell, and then settle for eight and a half? Please."

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <05-15-12/0802:28> »
Although the emotions around the table should register with her, Shrike knew they would have once, she couldn't find it in herself to get heated over this.

"Perhaps we should clarify whether the building needs to be occupied at the time?  It would be reasonable to use a drone as described but if the point is more than just random violence then professional services may be what is required?"
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Nycidian Grey

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <05-15-12/1751:26> »
Iron Raven decided his best bet was letting the others talk for now, he was having trouble seeing why this group would have been contacted for a job like this, there must be more going on here, maybe playing it nice and quiet would lead to some enlightenment. If not, he knew that he needed to decide his price tag and what it would take for him to do this.

He wasn't so much worried about the ethics, I mean really, whether in the modern world or in the natural one, it all came down to predator and prey.

What he needed to decide is how much money he wanted to do this and he figured the longer he stayed quiet either more of his associates would walk or negotiate,  at worst his share got bigger and at best the Johnson would up the take.

Weebomancer

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <06-02-12/2211:23> »
"Well then perhaps I should move to a different assignment then. Number three in fact since you want more money, this job in particular offers 250,000 nuyen a piece. Some of that to be negotiated as up front pay."

Gerrard stopped to drink some tea, hopefully this crew would see the irony in his next words.

"We need a team to gather information and steal it, or a copy of it, if at all possible. The target is an old Renraku building or as I should say a building from when they still existed. It's now under heavy guard from Knight Errant and ARES and we believe they may be up to something...extreme. We have no details on the layout of the building surprisingly. At least not the part you are required to infiltrate; an underground facility, which is maintained in quite a bit of secrecy. I will not lie to you and say I am sure they are up to anything, however does three dozen combat ready elite troops from each of those sound like 'nothing is happening' to you? Many of our rivals have reason to believe that there is something going on as well, maybe it's a ploy but the chances are low. Using an entire army to throw people off seems foolish especially when it's your special forces. In regards to that it's up to you how to deal with the Knight Errant and ARES combined forces. Too bad there aren't some distractions somewhere in town to cause the two parties to divert attention and possibly some of those guards..."

Gerrard let that last part sink in. No doubt the clever ones will see they were getting paid to do something they would have had to do in the future anyways had they accepted the third and consequently 'real' job while the less genetically gifted ones leave. Besides it's not like having dead weight was a good thing.

"Even if you succeed I'm not sure it will do any good. I'm just trying to be as ready as possible for...well...this."

Gerrard sent a file to each runners commlink. A video with a hell of a statement.

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #42 on: <06-03-12/0553:12> »
"Three dozen each? That is a hell lot of guards. But while its a topnotch security for the building itself, they seem to have given up on secrecy with that. Lots of parties will be interested in whats happening there.

The end justifies the means, i suppose. Am i right to assume that the second task would have been to distract the ARES elite forces?
While i agree that it is necessary to have any chance to get in there, we probably wouldn't be able to draw away more than half of them. They don't need combat units for investigating in an blown-up building.. unless the intention indeed was to reduce their numbers and kill reinforcements directly, though i would consider it quite harsh. We will need more than that!"

Having a hard time keeping his excitement hidden, CT took a look at the video Gerard gave them.

Weebomancer

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <06-03-12/2251:46> »
"What I find immensely strange is that you guys only say more. Exactly how much are you wanting I do have limits and I did start rather low. I was hoping for a negotiation to see how skilled you guys are at talking but so far that seems a weak point."

Gerrard hoped they wouldn't need to talk their way out of anything.

"How about I throw in another 5,000 each?"

Gerrard emptied what seemed like his 10th cup of peppermint tea.

"Also if you steal any information from the computers or databases of any kind I would be able to pay for it as well as anything else you might steal. Just make sure it's useful, and by that I mean at the least it has to be damaging to them OR beneficial to my employer. Big nuyen on anything that falls into both categories. This is for any task you undertake with us on top of whatever fees you feel like negotiating."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <06-04-12/0803:51> »
Iceblade shook his head. "You're not looking for shadowrunners. You're looking for mercenaries. So either you're setting up a suicide run, or you're not intelligent enough to know the difference. When Plan A involves mass murder to distract someone so you can draw off people from a different facility, you've moved far past Shadowrunner territory. I'm out. Anyone who likes living would be advised to follow." And with that, he left the room.

My Characters