NEWS

[IC] The Dragonslayer

• 48 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <04-30-12/0800:17> »
Shrike allowed her consciousness to return to her avatar and her naked body rose dripping from the nutrient bath that had been maintaining her flesh.  Apart from the gleaming medical apparatus the rest of the dusty cavernous room was largely bare.  The hulking form of Caliban was lurking in a corner keeping an eye over Ana.  Shrike briefly mused at the incongruity of Ana, a drone herself, playing with a tattered dog drone that one of the tribe’s children had given to her.  The personality software was still a mystery to Shrike and she wondered if Aria had modelled it on someone real…her daughter perhaps?  Shrike was determined to find the truth but that would have to wait for today, there was work to be done.

She dressed as she usually did, in the skin tight cat suit that hinted at, rather than revealed, the perfection of her fabricated body.  She slung a battered leather jacket on over the top to conceal the holstered pistol in the small of her back.  Ana skipped over to her and Shrike handed her the light pistol, looking enormous in her childlike grip, and silently communicated with her.

<<You will be my additional eyes and ears for the run up to the meet, and a distraction if required.  We’ll use the seventh protocol.>> Ana smiled a most unchildlike smile as she logged that information away.  <<Caliban will be backup two, he’ll stay in the truck.>>  There is a sort of metallic grunt as Caliban activated servos and rose up on his hind legs to his full impressive height.

In convoy the Roadmaster and much smaller, but smarter, Rover headed towards the meeting place.  Whilst the truck pulled off beforehand into the parking of a small local supermarket the Rover continued on with Shrike and Ana.  With a mental order to the drone rack on the Roadmaster a gasbag drone was spat out into the air and rapidly sailed aloft out of sight of the ground.  Its excellent sensor suite would provide Shrike with a clear view of the surroundings and give her a measurable tactical advantage should things not be what they seemed – what were the chances of that, right?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Nycidian Grey

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <04-30-12/1208:11> »
Iron Raven, just before leaving Cracked Jack's, reconsidered bringing his van, thinking back to what Snake, the sleuth sprite he'd compiled, had shown him of the the Phoenix Inn.

It looked to be a pretty snazzy place and would likely have some pretty heavy security of its own and didn't look like a place that would like bad publicity. Kind of a catch 22 while it might be dangerous to walk in there without any drones going in with drones was going to be difficult without hacking into the hotels security. which if they catered to "whales" on occasion was going to be high.

Iron Raven repacked his bags just taking clothes, necessities, and his industrial tool kit / welder. He put these bags in his car and put the ferrets and the dragonfly into the multilauncher in the van.

Getting into his car he called one of the machine sprites to him. A small sprite in the shape of a bio-mechanical ferret coalesced seemingly from nowhere and seemed to crawl out from his shirt and onto his shoulder, and while the sprite wasn't there the mischievous little thing had no compunction about sending a bit of biofeedback sending shivers up Iron Ravens back.

"Ferret, I'm going need you to do something very important for me," Ferret cocked its head to the side and made a chittering noise.

The sprites weren't animals and definitely could communicate but often used only body language or pictures to communicate. Iron raven thought it likely that they did this to amuse him, though he never had found out exactly why.

"I need you to stay with the van and watch it while I meet in the inn, now Ferret this part is important," he paused and then continued on with emphasis on his words," I know its going to be boring but I need you to be careful and to watch out because I could be going into allot of danger, do you understand?"

The sprite raised up onto hits hind leg on Iron Raven's shoulder got a solemn look on its face and put its miniscule hand over it supposed heart, holding the pose for a brief moment then broke into small snickering. Expecting any sprite he compiled to be 100% on task and serious was something Raven had given up on years ago.

"Oh and feel free to play with the inside image screens but please don't play with the chameleon coat or the outside image screens."

The sprite gave him a brief nod and ran down him and over to the van seeming to jump into it.

With that done Raven Linked up with both his vehicles and drove towards the inn. As he got close to the Inn he sent to Ferret, "Make sure you move every couple of hours just keep within 5 minutes of the Phoenix Inn and if I get some free time we can play some games, if you've been good."

After parting with Ferret and his van he drove to the inn and checked in.

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #17 on: <04-30-12/1426:26> »
The evening after the phone call CT arrived near the hotel, his Rover neatly parked in an underground parking lot two blocks away. Masked like a mundane, he started walking a circle around the hotel to map as much with his radar from the surrounding and hotel as possible. Satisfied with his results he walked in and greeted the concierge "Vince Kimbley, Mr. Woodward is expecting me."

[spoiler]CT wears a longcoat over one of his nicest suites he possesses, under it his formfitting halfbody suit and his securetech. His Ingram loaded with regulars in a concealable holster, an extra clip of SnS in an inside pocket. In his Rover is usually all his other equipment, its not much anyway.[/spoiler]

Weebomancer

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <04-30-12/1454:35> »
The desk woman looks at you and hands you a key to room 1 in the suites.

"I was told to hand these out as you arrived. Congratulations your the first expected guest. Mr. Woodward is expecting you but he insists you check out your rooms first."

With that the woman goes back to her work. Looking pensive all the while.

Meanwhile Gerrard sat at the table. Watching as the runners arrived. Hopefully they would check out their rooms first.

'Mr. Kimbley' notices that he is not hassled by the security staff and most measures seem to go over him without any warning.
« Last Edit: <04-30-12/1458:33> by Weebomancer »

Lethe

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <05-01-12/0340:34> »
"Thank you, Ms... 'nice lady'. I appreciate that. If Mr. Woodward insists, i probably should not reject."
Quite impressed of how his contact is running this place, CT first had a detailed look around. His radar sense pierced through clothes, desks, doors and walls. Then on the way to his suite he gave Mr. Woodward a slight nod.

Seemingly fumbling with his keys in front of the suites door, CT inspected the interior thoroughly from where he stood. After getting inside he had a further quick glance at all the six walls and the rooms behind them, then flung himself onto the bed. What an excellent reception. A few more minutes of relaxation and he was on the way down to table number 6.

[spoiler]Reading her name tag, if she wears one, or waiting to add her name on her own. If she doesn't play along, he'll will use the term 'nice lady'.[/spoiler]

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <05-01-12/0858:49> »
Entering the lobby of the inn at the time she'd stated that she would arrive, Predator immediately turns stride toward the desk. She looks to the woman, but without quite seeing her, says "Sarai Takamura. I believe I am expected?"

[spoiler]
She's wearing her Zoe business suit over FFBA, with her hair pulled up and back into a rather 'severe' style to make herself look like a 'no-nonsense' corp headhunter.
[/spoiler]
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #21 on: <05-01-12/1405:26> »
Entering the lobby just behind Predator, Iceblade looks around. He's dressed in clothes that probably cost more than some people's monthly rent, all black, and stylishly done. When he speaks, he does nothing to try and hide his Tir accent. "Count Mirikon Mollen. I am expected."
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <05-02-12/0851:33> »
As Shrike entered the lobby Ana went skipping off around the feet of the dour looking doorman.  She took a few moments to analyse the lobby space and mentally record the faces present.  Approaching the desk she got the same spiel that the other runners arriving before her had.  Figuritively raising an eyebrow at the request to go up to a room she sent a command to Ana and they proceeded to the lift...she had been expecting a meet not a vacation and she wondered briefly what other guests would make of their lack of luggage.

Having taken the message to head back to the restraunt she deposited her firearm in the room safe and hung up her leather jacket.  Although the catsuit wasn't exactly corporate chic it cost enough to not look too out of place and she was used to eyes following her by now.

Time to go and see who else was waiting for the Johnson...

Lethe

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <05-02-12/1046:55> »
On the way to the dining room CT overheard new arrivals. He didn't even need to look - his radar told him everything. A moderately cybered woman, a clean elf and a freaking drone. Someone is afraid to show his face, that's gonna be interesting. With a thought he saved those three radar signatures to be able to recognize them again later. Then, looking up the drones manual, CT tried to locate its shutdown button with the radar.. just in case.
Continuing into the dining room, CT spoke out loudly: "Mr. Woodward, nice to meet you in person!"
« Last Edit: <05-02-12/1048:37> by Lethe »

Weebomancer

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <05-02-12/1308:44> »
At the desk.

"'Lady' will be just fine and don't add Ms. next time."  she says pensively.

You note the brunette woman is a out of place to be a mere desk jockey, perhaps her attitude is what landed her this job? Then again that scar across her face and her violet eyes...

Every piece of your body is looked at in great detail from your feet to your head almost as if judging you like a cow or slave at a competition or market.

At the booth.

Gerrard looks up from a folder, which you know is older then the dirt outside by this day and age, to greet you. Standing and offering his hand.

"Why hello there. I believe most of your comrades have arrived by now and they should be along shortly. I hope you enjoy your room. On that note after we are done here I will be transferring an additional 1,000 nuyen to you. You merely need hear me out. Also feel free to scarf down as much food as you are comfortable with. Suites come with free food and room service."

With that the man sits down and starts at a cup of what smells like peppermint candy.

He seems to be wearing momma's boy clothing. You have never seen a Johnson wear a polo style t-shirt with a sweater on top before. And wearing canvas pants no less. He looks like a square, but then maybe he decided business suits attract attention. Johnson's are known to only be professional when on some level they want respect, acknowledgement, or mystique. Gerrard doesn't even have a single 'bodyguard', no doubt he can defend himself and the staff of the hotel will come to his aid, but he has no official meat heads with him nor any other type of real security. You aren't sure why but he seems to be completely comfortable turning his back to you to get things from a tray.

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <05-03-12/0913:18> »
Thorn pulls into a dirty little side road and shifts his license plate to the same model car he'd seen in chicago two weeks ago. Leaving the Thunderbolt in the car, he slips the sleek, vicious slivergun into his concealed holster, across from a stun and an incendiary grenade. He considered it going in light, but c'est la vie.
He was rather frusterated by the absence of a johnson to meet him directly, but the room mended it a little, and having a nice meal free from worry was truly a gift...

Lethe

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <05-03-12/1106:15> »
CT hung his longcoat in a wardrobe and took Gerrards hand, while curiously looking into his eyes.
"The room is a doozy and the money more then welcome, Mr. Woodward!"
He scanned his body with a tilted head and a slight but honest smile. CT couldn't help but feel impressed by his appearance. Not that he liked his clothes, but that Gerrard seemed too comfortable wearing them. Fascinated by his calmness, CT relaxed and ordered oodles of food. He was hungry and didn't intend to let this opportunity pass by.
He knows how to cater for someone, i just wish every Johnson would be like this! CT laughed and dug in.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <05-04-12/0818:11> »
Shrike observed the others around the booth while she sipped at an espresso coffee, the lavish displays of food ignored.  She was curious to see what sort of group dynamic would grow out of this eclectic combination.  The Johnson didn't seem in a rush to divulge any information until the others had finished eating and enjoying the display of casual wealth and she was equally content to wait.  She diverted part of her conciousness to browsing the matrix, searching as ever for any elusive clues and otherwise just soaking up information from the vast sea of data.

Weebomancer

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <05-07-12/2036:42> »
Leaning back in his chair and opening up a folder Gerrard suddenly spoke.

"I suppose I should get down to business now. Don't worry I can answer questions about the assignment. First, we needed a team of more seasoned people for this and so I apologize on forcing you into an arranged group however I do not think the friends that most good runners have are quite capable of backing someone up. Second The assignment will take you into a Knight Errant police station. I don't know if any of you in particular is wanted by the authorities but after this you will be so it shouldn't matter too much. Third before you scream bloody murder about this arrangement I do want you to know that you will not be yourselves for this job so becoming a criminal is of minimal impact since you will all be dead people walking."

Gerrard moved the tray to a more advantageous position so he might refill while talking.

"Now I know most people in general are paranoid about these things, but rest assured that I have no intention of blowing valuable assets nor does my employer. In fact he's hoping that we might have repeat business. Before saying anything more I need to know if you are in or out and I will answer any questions you might have. Also note that we will all be euthanized should this information be leaked."

Lethe

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <05-08-12/1122:02> »
CT choked on his ginger creme brulee, which he ordered for dessert, "Bloody murder!" Then he frowned. "You want us to throw away our current lives?" He sat back, "Not for all the ginger creme in the world" and pushed away his plate. "I need some real incentive here. How do you intend to motivate us? And it better be good, especially at times like this."