NEWS

[IC] The Dragonslayer

• 48 Replies

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #45 on: <06-04-12/0806:31> »
"Gerrard - please - don't understand me wrong. The money is plenty, but nice to see you can up the stakes, if needed."
CT was showing a big smile.

"I meant, we need more - distraction. I am not sure how much one blown-up building can help us to get in there. Maybe you have some more information, about how KE ticks and might react to that. Maybe it will suffice. But just to be sure, i'd like to have a few more options."

"But that will be up to discussion with my ... colleagues, if they bother to finally sit down and join us."
With that CT turned around to await their decisions.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <06-04-12/1031:52> »
Predator watches as the elf leaves the room before turning back toward the potential employer and saying, "Our elven compatriot is quite right. This truly does not sound like a job for 'runners, but rather more suited to a small army--especially considering the facility you're wanting us to get into was set up by Renraku and held by Ares and subsidiaries."
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <06-06-12/0809:57> »
Shrike watches the others and guages their reactions.  The elf's objections seemed to be premature...of course there were a large number of guards in what sounded like a military grade complex, but mercs would be unsuited to such a task, brute force would not be appropriate to this, Ares would always have more troops at its beck and call.  This would take professionals, ones with a great deal of stealth to be sure.  Head to head was not something that she liked to consider, and distraction would certainly be a valuable tool - although blowing up a building might not be the best option open to them.  She would wait and see what the others had to say...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Weebomancer

• Newb
« Reply #48 on: <06-19-12/1716:55> »
"I never said you had to use my plan. It's just an option that's there. If you know or can perform another way of spying out this facility then it's your show. Remember that you have a blank and anonymous check for the task at hand. Just send me the requests and I will see to it that you have what you desire for this quickly and quietly."

"Now as to your thoughts on more info. Normally torching a building does nothing to anyone. Hell it's not even a distraction really. However I wanted to leave out that there is supposed to be a rather famous person nearby. Meaning it WILL be a distraction. You see we have reason to believe two big heads of Knight Errant and ARES will be there. No confirmation on who they are exactly but you can now see why this becomes a massive concern. Do you protect a facility or divert some of it's protection to the man paying you to protect it? But again by all means if you can figure a way to spy on what is happening inside be my guest. In the end my my employer hired runners hoping they would come up with a cheaper and much more effective plan to get in and get the details. Mercenaries would have been my first choice but my employer insisted on you all specifically."

Gerrard suddenly set down his cup and stopped smiling. The only feeling one could get was a wintry cold one as his voice became less warm.

"Now if you aren't going to negotiate or bother making any counter offers at all for any aspect of this mission I would like to relay to my employer that I was correct in my assumption that you are not up to the task."

The room suddenly feels like a hurricane got trapped in it.