NEWS

Quote of the Week/Month from my team...

• 82 Replies

Weldûn

• Chummer
« on: <09-02-11/0220:51> »
Three different sessions, all sort-of archival, but it's a healthy start. Fresh material as my game progresses. But please, post away.  :D

Our team was involved in a car chase, us in a van, and 18 guys packed into 3, old-model Ford Americars. So, while there is some fire exchanged my, street shaman (Jackie) lobs stun spells, quickly putting the opposing drivers into unconsciousness. Afterwards, the street samurai (Johnny, who was packing an assault rifle with underbarrel grenade launcher during the fight) decides to question Jackie on his tactics.

Johnny: Uh, you didn't have to kill them you know.
Jackie: I used non-lethal force.
Johnny: What?
Jackie: I only used non-lethal force.
Johnny: Three crashed cars would beg to differ.
Jackie: It's not my fault that they were driving whilst tired.

Many of our players are fans of Schlock Mercenary. This is important because we had just been contracted to clean out an infestation of "vermin." Namely, a twisted path (toxic) Rat Shaman, a bunch of devil rats and some human(ish) lackeys. Our employer has already agreed to pay us by the head (lit.).

Tosh (Our Face): Do you mind if we get paid by other sources to do the same job?
Josephine (Our Employer): No, why.
Zeke (Technomancer): There's a standing bounty on Toxic shamans.
Shining Johnny (Street Samurai): And the city council has a standing bounty of devil rats.
Jackie "Timberwolf" (Street Shaman): *Neener-Neener sing-song* We get paid twice!
PCs: *Neener-Neener sing-song with Cabbage Patch* We get paid twice! We get paid twice!

And in a different campaign...

Tumbler (Me) OOC: "It's an improvised monofilament whip."
Raptor OOC: "That's the scariest three words I have ever heard!"

When said thug has both of his ankles shot out from under him, the cable wraps around his body. Diced thug results...
Tumbler: "Raptor (Technomancer), we're posting that on YouTube."

In referrence of our interrogation techniques,
Raptor: "They're doing their worse-cop/even-worse-cop routine."

After some comments by some children to his being covered in blood...
Tumbler: "I just saw a guy get diced by his own monowire, and you kids are what's creeping me out."
Cleverly disguised as an adult.

Which I think is sort of like arguing that a partial erection should get all the benefits of an erection.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #1 on: <09-02-11/0710:24> »
- Ambushed
- Surrounded:
- Just taken a surprise round where we had no defense tests:
- Most PC's unconscious from Neurostun darts
- Free spirit PC, still standing thanks to Hardened armour:
*looks around*
*puts hands up sheepishly*
"Parlay?"
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #2 on: <09-02-11/0809:22> »
"So, where'd you get that Riot Shield?"
"A Riot. Obviously."
« Last Edit: <09-02-11/0813:16> by Red Canti »
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

StarManta

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-04-11/1836:52> »
During the price negotiation, the team was not able to talk him into giving more money, but were able to talk him into including his hat in his negotiations. Fast forward to the end of the run, and the Johnson tried to have them killed when it came time to pay up. Which led to....
"It was the hat. He really didn't want to give up that hat."
(They really should've seen that coming. He was slovenly dressed and they met in a really crappy dive bar for which you had to wind through some back alleys, and he was offering 45,000¥ for a really simple data plant operation... I gave them all the clues I had that this was a setup. In their defense, most of them are novices who had yet to be betrayed by a Johnson.)

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #4 on: <09-07-11/1447:46> »
"...and it is Mozart Requiem! Not Beethoven, you barbarian!", he shouted at Zach.
- I died.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <09-07-11/1622:11> »
*In a complete Action Hero-esque style perfect for Shadowrunning in LA*  Vic the Cabbie:  "Let's go kidnap us a cartoon!"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <09-09-11/0634:22> »
"I cast Magic Missile Light at the dwarf!"

Also, the group I'm part of apparently took lessons from Gen. Sherman on what to do to anything resembling a railroad...
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #7 on: <09-09-11/0742:02> »
"...and it is Mozart Requiem! Not Beethoven, you barbarian!", he shouted at Zach.
- I died.

Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week, try the soy.

My Polish accent needs work...

corax

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <09-09-11/1915:46> »
My backup char for one of the campaigns i'm in is a mage sniper, named choosi who has a standing bounty out on his head from the triads, but his fixer helped dissapear him. The main crew during a meet started getting suss this wasn't what it seemed and involved the triads. So Duster the orc sam rings up choosi and asks if he has any good contacts in the triads. his response.

".......no, i'm dead remember"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And of course the crew upon entering one of the runners time shared safehouses find it full of taxidermied strippers. They proceed to freak out a little bit and want to know why.

"Fresh ones don't last any time at all"

Weldûn

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <09-14-11/1201:26> »
GM: I do like that the character who had a problem with killing them is the one with the assault rifle.

Player: It's more merciful than killing them with lots of lighter hits.
Cleverly disguised as an adult.

Which I think is sort of like arguing that a partial erection should get all the benefits of an erection.

Elizara Dane

• Newb
  • Discreet negotiations and arbitrations by request
« Reply #10 on: <09-14-11/1231:28> »
When GMing for my table that had just rolled up new characters I described a shaman summoning up a great spirit to askfor guidance. I really embellished it and set up a exciting dialogue and at the end...

Technomancer Sniper: "I...am impressed"
Uallace, the manip mage: "I...am not"

they continued to do it the rest of the night.

When engaging an AI in negotiations for extended accomodations in order to try to weather out a massive mana powered snowstorm...

AI: "You have nothing that I could need, meat-thing"
Lady Dane: "I will give you... (mechanical voice) ONE ROBO-DOLLAR"
My goal? Dear, my one goal is only the most noble goal of all...

A life of luxury, of course.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #11 on: <09-14-11/1305:45> »
During the course of our investigation (read: kidnap people until we get what we're after), we ambushed and tased a Decker + significant other, threw them in separate vans, and Intimidated/Interrogated/Mind Probed them both, at length, while our own Decker pwnzor3rd all their shiny Decker gadgets.

Once we had all of the info/paydata we needed, and were dumping them, still strip-cuffed, in some dank side-alley for the Devil Rats to find, our resident Ork Dakka-Dakka Adept pops his head out of the van and asks our victims:

"Hey! Do you guys have an address we can mail these commlinks back to, when we're done with them? Should only be a day or two."

After a sustained barrage of vulgarities and abuse from the two bound kidnapees, the Ork says, in a wounded tone:

"Well! I was just trying to be nice!"

(Best part? I'm pretty sure he was dead serious.  :P)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #12 on: <09-14-11/1331:54> »
The Bear Shaman, upon being the first with Astral Perception to break through the Bug Spirit's Masking:
"AAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The Technomancer, upon getting the call from Mr. Johnson that they need to "sit" on their captive for another two days:
"F&(k you."

The Gun Adept, getting "supplies" (i.e. new clothes to fit in at the luxury hotel) with the Sword Adept:
"Why am I holding her purse?"

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #13 on: <09-14-11/1706:27> »
The Gun Adept, getting "supplies" (i.e. new clothes to fit in at the luxury hotel) with the Sword Adept:
"Why am I holding her purse?"
Shoe store?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #14 on: <09-14-11/1706:46> »
After defusing, decrypting and finally opening the data, the group's hacker, reading aloud the file (they suppose) they were tasked to retrieve:

"Thank you, Hacker-boy. But our file is in another node."

Great way to know you were set-up.