"You don't shoot til the can hits the ground" Snake Pliskin

Cottar Bort

• Newb
« Reply #76 on: <02-17-12/2229:02> »
"You shouldn't have pissed off all those women."
"Yeah! You shouldn't take them to all those nightclubs with no pie!"

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« Reply #77 on: <02-17-12/2355:37> »
Sunny - "What are you doing?"
Red - "We needed to get Koan laid, so Dulce hooked up the emotion analysis software to the BattleTac system. We're like a hive-mind of wingmen."
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #78 on: <02-18-12/1215:59> »
GM (me): "A cypress-like earth spirit appears beside you and fails to drop you with a stunbolt"
Howland (troll go-ganger): "I grab one of these big crates and beat it to death"
*dice rolls*
GM: "You beat it to death..."
Howland: "....well thats surprising"

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #79 on: <02-18-12/1439:56> »
Player: I summon a Force 4 Fire spirit taking the form of an angel, as per my tradition. Then I attend the congregation in the chapel in the Baron's castle. I tell the spirit to stay hidden until i give it the signal, then repeat after my thoughts in a booming voice.
GM: Uhm...what does it say?
Player: It materializes in front of all gathered there and denounces the Baron as a vile and wicked man, trafficking in vile demonic artifacts that are offensive before the sight of the Lord, and that his laws and the gouging of his people is immoral and against the edicts of The Lord Almighty. Then the Angel brandishes it's flaming sword, pointing it directly at the Baron, and demands that he repent and work the rest of his days doing god's work, and set to right the evils which he has wrought. Further, he shall give to the humble priest there (pointing at me), the evil book which he does possess that the priest can dispose of it in a manner appropriate to the church and his judgement.
GM: But...this is a Catholic medieval style community, and the book is the objective! Oh, hell... *rolls some dice* Okay, the entire village of Munchmaussen now believes the Baron to be an evil overlord, and only holds off on lynching him when the Baron announces his intent to follow the angel's instructions. The Baron repeals all of his oppressive laws there, before everyone, and vows to go retrieve his unholy book. Then he gestures at you to follow him.

*later, in the elevator*

Baron: I know you summoned that spirit. Goldi told me. That was a real clever plan to get the book. You turned my people against me. Tell me why I shouldn't kill you now, then tell everyone you took it and left!

The player continues his innovative ideas and glibly comes up with a reason I can't recall at the moment, and the whole mission became a cakewalk.

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #80 on: <05-18-12/1734:41> »
THREAD NECRO!!

my friends boy: Hey!! don't shoot at me while i'm reloading!! that's not fair!! (after one-shotting fully half of the attacking security force)

GM: yeah, ok. and after that, they all aim in your general direction.

other player: good time to move out i guess.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #81 on: <05-18-12/2318:21> »
"Shocking.  We found whiskey in an Irish Bar."
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #82 on: <05-19-12/0107:22> »
After running the last mission of Season 2:

"Wait, you mean we just somehow managed to pick the only way to do this in the whole module that doesn't end up with us getting screwed over and dead or running for our lives?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"I'm almost kinda disappointed. Almost."
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me