NEWS

Quote of the Week/Month from my team...

• 82 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <09-14-11/1711:13> »
He should have known something was up when the IC looked like militant mushrooms and turtles.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #16 on: <09-21-11/1453:43> »
He should have known something was up when the IC looked like militant mushrooms and turtles.  :P

I just can't believe I haven't thought about this at the time...

Weldûn

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <09-28-11/1405:52> »
Okay, first thing is that you have to understand that my group are playing the leaders of a gang. One of them is called Sian, the Night One tech of the group (who is responsible for their extortion rackets).

After the team had gotten the phat lootz back to their safehouse, the group was setting about trying to open the 7 pelican cases they had liberated from a delivery to a rival gang. As the GM, I knew that the rating 2 keypad maglocks built into the cases where still on the factory default of 0-0-0-0. I also knew that the secure strap may have only required transponder embedded keys, but knew that they had been bought on the cheap and were also only rating 2. Unfortunately, Sian didn't trust her skill pool of 8 dice (after the -2 for having to do two things at once, man the TEKs are nasty), and set about trying to cut their way through the densiplast casing, which had a simple anti-tamper system mixed into it. Fortunately, one of the other players thought to actually -look- at the locks, wanting to avoid using a cement cutter, and realized how basic they were.

GM: "No, this isn't the case of the super-tough door with max security locks in the standard double-brick wall that a troll with a sledge hammer can bust through in under a minute. It's the really well made bunker with a fly-screen door and a latch. And you were about to try and blow a hole in the cement."

When they find that weapons not only consisted of a dozen assault rifles and another dozen shotguns, but two battle rifles, the group immediately set to trying to convince Sian to use one of them with the power suit that they'd acquired.

Sian: "Why would I use that thing?" *Pulls out a GP-HMG* "I've got a heavy machine gun for that."
Buddhist Wu Jen (Pacifist with an Assault Rifle): "Ooh-kaaay."  :o (Uh, what's your strength?)
Sian: (Two.) *Drags out a GP-HMG with some effort*

The group then got to talking about getting Sian to build more power suits.

GM: "Well, it'll be a little more difficult as that particular model of PMV isn't even on the market yet. Remember, they're not due to be released by S-K for another month?"
Buddhist Wu Jen (And strongest proponent): "So we'll make cheap Japanese knock-offs."
GM: "Using the Daihatsu Horseman, yeah, I can see that."
Dragon Shaman: "So they really will be cheap Japanese knock-offs."
Sian: "I'm Chinese."

Well, wanting to "send a message" to one of their other rival gangs, they decide to roll the bagman in a graft payoff. Finding out that the drop is made at a monthly ShooterTM tournament that the gang runs, they also discover that the bagman is a smoker and likes to duck out partway through. So, they set up their plan. They'll hit him in the alley under the concealment of an Air Spirit and shoot him with an Ares Squirt, loaded with Narcojet and DMSO.

Buddhist Wu Jen (and shooter): "Silly-man go nigh'-nights."

After successfully summoning a "dragon spirit" in his home turf with no trouble at all, something that he'd been having trouble with, we realized that the spirit's force was higher than the Dragon Shaman's (and gang boss) magic rating.

GM: "If it's not that you're summoning dragons, it's that they're not any bigger than him!" *points to Dragon Shaman's player*
Cleverly disguised as an adult.

Which I think is sort of like arguing that a partial erection should get all the benefits of an erection.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-29-11/0032:02> »
So we were all stacked in a two story safehouse that had been compromised.  Some Yaks start pouring out of vehicles as my dwarf with hydrolic jacks in his cyberlegs looks over the edge to see them getting ready to breech the door.  (At this time my wife's cell phone goes off with the Mario Bros. Theme signaling a text message.)  Spyder (the dwarf) leaps over the side squishing the Yak underneath him.  When the goons turn towards him the response was "Where's my Drakking Mushroom!"

Edit:  Sorry got the names of characters confused. Put in the name of my Technomancer not my Street Sam.
« Last Edit: <09-29-11/0127:19> by ARC »
Living the Electronic Dream

Unwirklich

• Newb
  • enter the phase-space
« Reply #19 on: <09-29-11/0825:49> »
Our elf smuggler, during a wild discussion:
'Guys ... please ... don't confuse my char's player!'
iiiit's ... SHOWTIME!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #20 on: <09-29-11/1340:13> »
*As the Charisma 1 Hacker is being thrown out of the fancy restaurant*  "Do you like 'Dancing Queen'?"  *Hacks sound system to play Dancing Queen over and over again starting at sound level 2, and increasing each play back until it reaches 11*

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #21 on: <09-30-11/1303:55> »
"The next person who proclaims to me that they are a professional is gonna get put on a drekking lamp post."
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <09-30-11/1306:16> »
While RIDING a DRAGON, my dwarf Street Sam Spider leaned over and told it, "I will eat your fragging children."  Guess what the dwarf is still alive.

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #23 on: <09-30-11/1309:05> »
For now.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <09-30-11/1314:25> »
For now.

Yeah, he's going to die eventually.  I have decided when I actually have to roll to keep from shooting my mouth off, I'll buy off the quality.  I haven't needed to keep my mouth shut yet, it's low on his list of priorities.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <09-30-11/1318:19> »
something's wrong with that dwarf...
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <09-30-11/1331:24> »
something's wrong with that dwarf...

I would say more tha just something.  I just had fun coming up with the concept then once he was done I let him go, he has definately gotten a life of his own.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #27 on: <09-30-11/1625:52> »
"Did they start adding lead to the water since I left Seattle?"

"When did they stop adding lead to the water?"

"Good point."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #28 on: <10-03-11/1949:11> »
"That's pretty bad that I forgot the rules I wrote...."

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <10-03-11/1953:51> »
"That's pretty bad that I forgot the rules I wrote...."

Was that the DM?
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man