NEWS

Hero Labs

• 175 Replies

Adrick

« on: <12-31-10/1123:02> »
Any news on when the hero labs Shadowrun stuff will be available?
Is it still in the works?

flatlyne2001

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <12-31-10/1140:34> »
Was on their site last nite actually, they are saying they should have something available hopefully end of Jan 2011 for release in first quarter

Adrick

« Reply #2 on: <12-31-10/1152:01> »
Awesome, very much looking forward to using it.

Always a good way to bring in new players intimidated by all the options and equipment.
And also good for speeding up those that enjoy pouring over equipment to get just the right thing.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <12-31-10/1156:10> »
I checked in with them on the forums last week and they are hoping to have screen shots for the newsletter at the end of January.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #4 on: <12-31-10/1223:04> »
I keep pestering them on Facebook.  I think Colin and the gang might be getting ready to throw things at me.  :)

However, they were talking about how they were wrapping up "Pathfinder December", as they just released a bunch of Pathfinder stuff, and I suggested "Shadowrun January".  A bunch of people jumped in and agreed taht would be great, which shows the enthusiasm there, and they replied:

Quote from: Hero Lab @ Facebook
Shadowrun is a major part of our plans for next year. We're hoping to show something off in January, although we likely won't have anything for final release until the end of Q1.

Bull

Shrike30

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <01-01-11/1720:08> »
Glad to hear it; I've been on the fence about picking up Hero Lab primarily because SR is the system I actually really want it for.

jayhawk1106

« Reply #6 on: <01-03-11/0936:15> »
At the risk of sounding like a total noob, but what is Hero Labs?   ???

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #7 on: <01-03-11/1021:40> »
At the risk of sounding like a total noob, but what is Hero Labs?   ???
Hero Labs is a Character management system that can be used for 3.0/SRD, 4E, Pathfinder, CoreSys games (Serenity, Leverage, etc.) and Call of Cthulhu. They are working on a Shadowrun package right now.

Adrick

« Reply #8 on: <01-14-11/0731:10> »
Its a good program, you can try it for free. Your not able to save or print characters but you can build them in any of the systems they have available to see how it works.

http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?context=hero_lab

Using it for Mutants and masterminds 3rd currently and its working great.
Printed character sheets have all kinds of info laid out nicely so you don't often have to refer to the book for what you character can do.
Also have the option of printing cheat sheets along with the character sheet if you like for things like conditions, measurement table and so on.

I'm sure it will be the similar for shadowrun once its done which is to say, It will be awesome.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #9 on: <01-14-11/0840:46> »
The Pathfinder toolkit is also very much worth it. They are the official CharGen for Pathfinder and have all the bells and whistles in the kits from APs and supplements (for additional prices, usually $5 each or packaged deals).

topcat

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <01-22-11/1000:35> »
Huge fan of HeroLab, can't wait for an SR4 plug-in.  ;D

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #12 on: <01-31-11/1555:37> »
I'm buying it. :)
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <01-31-11/1609:59> »
I'm buying it. :)
As soon as its available, same here.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #14 on: <01-31-11/1736:23> »
Yay!!!! :)