NEWS

Hero Labs

• 175 Replies

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <03-21-11/2147:21> »
D'oh!

Looks like the release was bumped back to Spring '11: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10283&page=7

And this is a surprise? I mean..they only had 10 days left in the quarter...

Sort of like how CGL has a lot to get out by june to match their Q1 and Q2 releases announced earlier in the year..

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #31 on: <03-22-11/1118:28> »
Two new screenshots: Active and Knowledge Skills

Oh, that's just sexy. This is so going on my list of must-buy. Hopefully they're able to get it up and out before my game crew finishes the heroic tier of our current D&D game, because after that it's over to Shadowrun for the Hierarchy War and this would make it so much smoother for our visual learners.

Is it just me, or is the fact that our group's most visual learner is the blind guy kinda fun?  ::)
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #32 on: <03-22-11/1239:23> »
I think (please note, I have no idea and don't actually know anyone working on the project), that their absolute "drop-dead" deadline would most likely be GenCon, since that's where a large percent of their money could be made.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <03-22-11/1404:18> »
Sort of like how CGL has a lot to get out by june to match their Q1 and Q2 releases announced earlier in the year..

Street date announcements or it doesn't count.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #34 on: <03-22-11/1418:21> »
Definitely on my to-get list.  I don't care how long it takes to come out as long as they do it right, but here's hoping for sooner than later...

SourBlood

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <03-24-11/0913:49> »
In all my years Roleplaying ive never seen herolabs, looks pretty awesome. Shame theres still no Shadowrun one done. Definately will be grabbing it when avaliable tho.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #36 on: <03-24-11/0927:11> »
Tentative date

They're hoping to get it out before May 20th, but the date's not set in stone as a deadline, just a hopeful goal.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #37 on: <03-24-11/1222:08> »
I'm interested in how they handled armor, weapon, and vehicle customization.

-k

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #38 on: <03-24-11/1335:05> »
They may not have those in the basic package. I don't know how they're going to break the data packages down (It's usually heavily dependent on the license), but I think the core Shadowrun Herolab set will be just the core book.  Hopefully they'll group the expansion core titles into a single supplemental data pack.  (Mutants & Masterminds did it that way, while Pathfinder seems to have a bunch of smaller data packages based around each major book release).

Bull

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <03-24-11/1337:28> »
They're hoping to get it out before May 20th, but the date's not set in stone as a deadline, just a hopeful goal.

Aww damnit! You mean I might have to wait until after my wedding to pick it up and learn the app? I mean, if they make the 20 May date I can pick it up prior. But to learn...?

;)
Power corrupts.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #40 on: <03-24-11/1355:20> »
Aww damnit! You mean I might have to wait until after my wedding to pick it up and learn the app? I mean, if they make the 20 May date I can pick it up prior. But to learn...?

;)
Don't go on your honeymoon with a new toy, it's not good juju! Unless you're spouse to be is as into as you are...

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <03-24-11/1623:19> »
Don't go on your honeymoon with a new toy, it's not good juju! Unless you're spouse to be is as into as you are...

Kinda have to, this laptop is my primary use device and does come to game with me. While it won't be getting a lot of use on the trip it will get some. Mostly to offload pictures every night.
Power corrupts.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #42 on: <03-31-11/1608:34> »
Latest screenshot available here. Shows off the very important Weapons tab. Never leave home without it.

Also, they announced that it is going out to private Beta test this weekend, meaning we're getting closer to a release date.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #43 on: <03-31-11/1615:09> »
Hope there's more weapon spaces allowed.  I've had some characters that slept with more than that.

Hell, one character (Not mine) in another game had five pages of equipment, double-sided.  A half-page was what was built into his bed.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #44 on: <03-31-11/1645:13> »
If it's like the Pathfinder/d20 version, there's no limit on the amount of gear you can carry.