ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <02-01-11/0121:58> »
So..when we get the Shadowrun Hero Lab.....can we add stuff in like in Heavy Metal Pro? or are we stuck to just what they
put in and waiting for updates?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #17 on: <02-01-11/0620:07> »
It all depends. For instance, when using it with Pathfinder, I can easily create a customized magic weapon through the interface. I can also open up the HL Editor with the program and, with some coding, create new classes, feats and such that work with the program. It's not as easily customizable as something like HMP, but that's to be expected since building a character is a wee bit more difficult than building a mech. I suspect that the Shadowrun package will be a lot easier to customize than the D&D packages, however, since Shadowrun's character generation and maintenance is a lot more free-form than he Pathfinder/d20/4E rulesets.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #18 on: <02-01-11/0847:36> »
And from the posted screenshot we can already judge if we'll like it or not. I used the WoD part in demo mode for a few times, and it's both efficient and easy to work with. And even spending some hard-earned cash on that doesn't really sound bad.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

TCArknight

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <02-04-11/1739:44> »
Oh, one thing I just noticed when they were talking about it in their 'State of the Wolf 2011'. I'd completely missed this:
"We also secured official licenses for two more major game systems this past year – the "Pathfinder Roleplaying Game" from Paizo Publishing and "Shadowrun" from Catalyst Game Labs."

I think this really sells it for me. If they handle SR the way they handle Pathfinder, it's a hit right out of the park!

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #20 on: <02-12-11/0045:36> »
Seeing how I have become addicted to it for Pathfinder, the fact that now (soon?) it will be SR4 compatable guarantees that it will be pruchaced when I get my new laptop next month.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #21 on: <02-12-11/0118:43> »
Mmm... delicious news from rob over on HL Forums.

Quote from: rob
The plan is to add all the major source books shortly after we release the core data package. Our license covers the entire game system.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #22 on: <02-12-11/0121:07> »
Given that the keep asking me Runner's Companion-related questions, they better be releasing major corebook-compatible stuff …  ;)

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #23 on: <02-12-11/0253:30> »
This keeps getting better and better.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Starglyte

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <02-12-11/0943:23> »
Very much looking forward to this. I would spend hours with the WOTC character generator for D&D 4th edition.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <02-12-11/1227:37> »
And from the posted screenshot we can already judge if we'll like it or not.
Looks pretty good, except for the part where the character has multiple skills at ratings over 6, infact 6 is the lowest skill rating shown :o
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #26 on: <02-12-11/1452:55> »
And from the posted screenshot we can already judge if we'll like it or not.

Looks pretty good, except for the part where the character has multiple skills at ratings over 6, infact 6 is the lowest skill rating shown :o

I think that's because the program is calculating your base dice pool (ie, skill + attribute).  Plus, it's still a beta.

Julius Q Enderby

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <02-12-11/2104:29> »
I got my wife Hero Lab for the Pathfinder she's running for us. Pretty snazzy. Looking forward to adding the SR4 version to it.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <03-21-11/0958:27> »
D'oh!

Looks like the release was bumped back to Spring '11: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10283&page=7
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015