NEWS

Overpowered options?

• 155 Replies

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #150 on: <09-19-11/1056:49> »
How about using incendiary ammo with a light crossbow? with just two IP's, you can get off 4 shots in a single combat turn. Each hit does 4DV per turn for the next three turns. That's a total of 48DV, plus it lights the target on fire and can cause anything combustible to burn or explode. If the guy has grenades or anything else on him he might blow himself to bits! All from a light crossbow.

The Big Peat

• Omae
« Reply #151 on: <09-19-11/1105:14> »
I'm not sure what Conan and not taking the best gear you can find have to do with each other, but ok... anyway, I certainly don't consider homing in on the FFBA and smartlink as powergaming.

Interesting idea there thermo... not overpowered imo, as you might well be dead before the guy you fired at is dead, plus fire resistant armour exists, but still a fun idea...

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #152 on: <09-19-11/1106:32> »
How about using incendiary ammo with a light crossbow? with just two IP's, you can get off 4 shots in a single combat turn. Each hit does 4DV per turn for the next three turns. That's a total of 48DV, plus it lights the target on fire and can cause anything combustible to burn or explode. If the guy has grenades or anything else on him he might blow himself to bits! All from a light crossbow.

How much do marshmellows cost, again?  ;D

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #153 on: <09-19-11/1109:33> »
Add an undermounted grapple hook to the crossbow so you can zoom up, up, and awaaaay!!

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #154 on: <09-19-11/1155:02> »
I don't think Smartlinks or FFBA are powergaming, by any stretch. The only reason not to have them is...wait for it...if you have a reason not to take them.

I have a Mage who doesn't use a Smartlink because he's got Gremlins, and doesn't rely on any tech invented after 1900. I could see a Dryad Face not taking FFBA because she likes to show off some skin (style over substance).

But that same Mage wearing FFBA isn't powergaming, mini-maxing, or munchkinizing...it's just smart. He's going into harm's way. Why wouldn't he wear the best armor he can afford, and can layer?

There's always a lot of talk about something being bad because "everyone takes it" or "everyone has to have it"...I'm not really sure that it's necessarily a problem. Most people, at our table, have either a Long Coat or an Armor Jacket, depending on their feelings toward Concealment. Does that make them inherently bad? Every single character uses some form of Vision Enhancement, be it cybereyes, goggles, contacts...does that make enhanced vision bad?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist
« Last Edit: <09-19-11/1158:56> by JoeNapalm »

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #155 on: <09-19-11/1259:15> »
How about using incendiary ammo with a light crossbow? with just two IP's, you can get off 4 shots in a single combat turn. Each hit does 4DV per turn for the next three turns. That's a total of 48DV
Thats sounds like an impressive number untill you take into account that it takes 3 full combat turns and the target gets to makes 12 damage resistance tests against it.
I could see a Dryad Face not taking FFBA because she likes to show off some skin (style over substance).
This is the exact reason why my Dryad combat face doesn't wear FFBA, iit would look really stupid combined with the Vashon Islands Steampunk line outfit she wears.
« Last Edit: <09-19-11/1303:07> by Mäx »
"An it harm none, do what you will"