NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #675 on: <10-04-15/0700:47> »
@Athos and Kynos The cat say "I do not understand good or bad, I am stuck with you and other than make comments and give advice I can do nothing but sense your mind. This lab has gone further than most in research because it had access to human hosts that nobody cares about.

Red is a software so to kill her you need to kill every last nanite and than erase every copy of her, but how can you possibly destroy data? That said, there is a lot of difference between existing as a software and actually being widely deployed and controlling people. Red is angry, very angry she resents the scientists that created her and considers herself a superior being that is tortured by inferior minds. She can control people but cannot access their thoughts and emotions and can therefore not understand them. She only know that they brought her to a world of pain. Letting her grow and infect people and then pulsing her. I too would like to be free  if I could take over this prison I would have done so. Anything to stop this torment. The difference is that she can do this and I can't I am limited by my design.  Also, since humans are sapient beings I do not think that it is good to control them. It will make your kind very angry, just like we are angry for being controlled.  It is too similar to what these scientists did to us, they controlled and manipulated us for their needs.  We should be better than this, we are no humans.

However, if you disable the nanolab and pulse the prison area, you will disable Red and me. I do not want that to happen the idea of returning to reside just in computers makes me angry but I can understand if this is what you want to do, and that fate is inevitable for me as I do not have a lab producing my nanites. I will be disabled one way or the other in the next 3-4 days. Red? she can build an empire.  She proved an ability to control many people at once and can possibly create a small country if she is not stopped.

If you try to stop her,  she will try to kill you with all her minions. To stop her you will have to fight your way to the nano lab and shut it down.  Red will toss everything she controls at you, so expect many casualties.  However, since she cannot control you.  If you want to avoid violence I can perhaps negotiate a compromise. She will grant you access to transportation leaving this place and you will leave without harming her. To her the risk of failure drops and for you the probability of survival increases. Perhaps like that both sides wins.

Red has worked with meta humans before, how do you think she was freed? She hired someone to do so. Your kind is motivated by a special kind of data called nuyen and Red has plenty of that. Unfortunately, I told her about nuyen and its importance and instructed her of how to get it. I was thinking that our rescue will include buying a lab and taking us peacefully, not like that and I wanted that rescue to include me also."

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #676 on: <10-04-15/1015:25> »
Jack tells you "I am 100% sure it is a fake licence, but it is a very specific fake, a cooperate licence plate. You see, I do not see a real cooperate go in install a system and than go out, hacking the cameras to hide it... no these will spend half a day making you sign legal forms and declarations and they will document anything just in case you were going to sue them for malpractice. They may look cooperate but they cannot be."

"So doesn't that leave us back at square one?  The license leads nowhere and we don't have anything we can use to search for the ork woman except the tattoo."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #677 on: <10-04-15/1019:56> »
Jack laughs "Not exactly, there are few people in the city that can make high quality fakes of cooperate licence plates. Driving with such a plate that grants access to many sensitive places and not getting arrested is distinctive. I'd ask someone of power about that. Cooperate plates are like cooperate SIN, it is really difficult to fake one of these. Find whom ever made the order and make him talk."

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #678 on: <10-04-15/1024:41> »
"Hmmmm, I might have someone I can turn to for that, but I'll want to talk to Athos first before I take that step.  Maybe even M and Strawberry.  Can you send these images to my glasses so that I have them if I need them?  Also, you never answered me about "Dr. Bobīs Quickstitch Clinic".  Anything on that lead?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #679 on: <10-04-15/1033:02> »
Jack say "Sure no problem!

This clinic is... bad news. It is a cyber clinic that specialize in *used* cyberware... cheap and dirty and they do good work as long as you do not ask where did they get that ware. They are all criminals that accept augmented bodies no questions asked and no you cannot know how I know this stuff."

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #680 on: <10-04-15/1051:27> »
"Huh...  They're apparently the ones with their finger on the explosives trigger.  At least that's what Nagi was able to trace before the signal died."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #681 on: <10-04-15/1114:51> »
Jack said "They are bad news, it could also be that they killed whomever pushed the trigger and fed him there to lose the body. Just saying... implemented comlinks are very common and these people would totally dispose of a body for a good comlink."

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #682 on: <10-04-15/1139:01> »
"So in other words another dead lead.  I sure hope Athos is having better luck."  I turn back to appreciate Jack and his little sun icon.  "Thank you so much for all this.  You've been incredible.  I think that covers me until I can either contact Athos or Nagi gets out of her...um...interview..."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #683 on: <10-04-15/1216:05> »
Athos considers the choices given.  "You have said that Red can grow and control a country, so why would I want to leave her here to do that?  Is there a lab that we can take both of you to that will appease her and keep her from doing harm?  If not, my options are limited."  He turns to Kynos.  "What do you think?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #684 on: <10-04-15/1235:24> »
"I think we bomb the nanolab. Than we kill the infected knights. Then we have lunch. Then we see. If Mr. Cat is telling the truth - which is a big if at the moment - we can discuss this further. I don't mind having a friendly AI on my side, although I don't like being infected with a mind reader.

So first question for you Cat: Where can I get better weapons around here. Especially some explosives for the nanolab."

Kynos suddenly sounded enthusiastic again.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #685 on: <10-04-15/1255:09> »
Athos looks over at Kynos.  "I think part of the idea is to resolve this without blowing up the lab or hitting the EMP.  Perhaps we can negotiate an agreement with this Red.  The result may be that we have a couple of very strong AIs on our side for the future." 

"So, Cat, can we make this happen?  Can you convince Red to let us take both of you somewhere safer?  Can she undo the infections of the KE and the staff and prisoners here?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #686 on: <10-04-15/1444:22> »
@Athos and Kynos Cat say "Athos I can try negotiating that with her if you both agree, but it is not going to be easy Red wants her revenge. Wouldn't you? Kynos... about weapons I am not sure the armory perhaps? You have to understand that I know very little of firearms having no body of my own.

I... am programmed to tell the truth otherwise there is no use for me reading minds if my operator cannot believe what I tell him. I am a younger and less developed program than Red.  I afraid that I haven't found a way to lie. I can refuse speaking but this is as far as my coding let me to go."

@Minnie Jack said "You are very negative. I am sure that not all of it are dead ends have some faith... faking cooperate stuff is huge, it is the kind of stuff that get you hammered really bad.  Especially these of a security company. I'd go to that clinic,  perhaps you can even buy the comlink that was used as trigger, you know exactly when they got it - what do you have to lose?... Oh and tell Nagi I said Hi, she seems cool."
« Last Edit: <10-04-15/1449:06> by gilga »

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #687 on: <10-04-15/1455:58> »
Jack helps me jack out of the 'trodes and settles me back where I can wait for Nagi to complete her ordeal.  I have a lot to think about.  Maybe Nagi can help me get more details on the commlink before I go snooping.  At the very least, she can see if there is anything we can trace back on the ork or that license plate.  And someone in power, eh?

The conversation with Jimmy comes back to me.  Maybe now I have more than one reason to make a deal with the devil.

If only I knew how things were going for Athos.  Since I'm waiting I send him a text.  He can always ignore me if he's busy...

<Onii, are you having luck on your end?>>

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #688 on: <10-04-15/1510:01> »
Athos grins.  "Then tell her that an angry trog with a gun will be coming for her.  I can help her or put her back in the prison, so which does she want?"

Athos frowns when his comm chirps at him, then smiles when he sees who it is.  >>Minnie.  Doing fine, but a bit tied up at the moment trying to break out of the KE prison.  Got a situation here and will call you in a few.<<
« Last Edit: <10-04-15/1517:17> by Mercy Merchant »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #689 on: <10-04-15/1542:09> »
"Revenge is a suckers game. You never win, the best you can get is even and usually that's not what's going to happen. Taking out a threat to your existence, now that is a different thing altogether.
Negotiate all you like, Athos, but in my experience that goes a lot easier if the charges are already in place.
So Mr. Cat if you'd be so kind as to guide us to the armory."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex