NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

  • 2279 Replies
  • 121028 Views

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #2265 on: (10:26:23/04-18-16) »
Athos nods.  Certainly two plusses."  He moves off to the jeweler, where he identifies himself as working with the mall security on the terrorist bombing in the food court.  He asks each employee if they have or had any special dealings with the mage that had been employed here, or if they knew of anyone in the mall that he had been close to or worked with regularly.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6506
« Reply #2266 on: (14:54:27/04-18-16) »
Kynos walked over to the matrix cafe and took a look around. Only a few of the VR easy chairs where occupied. A lone, slightly overweight teenaged girl occupied the counter, selling snacks and IV-nutrition and its requisite opposites for the hardcore matrix junkies.
It very much didn't look like the place where the mage would conduct his business.
Still, Kynos walked over asked the employee on what if anything she knew about the mage and/or the party drugs.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #2267 on: (15:03:16/04-18-16) »
@Kynos the Matrix Caffee girl says "Evil mage you say? haven't seen anything. Why are you dressed like that is he a terrorist officer?"
(Assume that you wear your KE full body armor.)
When you mentioned the drug she say "Well I don't use drugs - tough there are these magic pills all the security are using. 


@Athos the jeweler seems alarmed as you approach his shop and you can tell that he is nervous, you are uncertain if it is you being a big troll with an assault rifle or if he is guilty of anything. "Look man... I am just selling shiny things. I have some troll sized tough... they are kind of expensive. Would you like to look?"

« Last Edit: (07:23:53/04-19-16) by gilga »

Mulcarn

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 940
« Reply #2268 on: (15:51:50/04-18-16) »
Maxwell surveys the rooftop and drone-strip.  Eyeing the many shipments of cargo with the former ork ganger next to him.  The distant indiscernible chittering of fell insects echo to him as he stands.  An eternal distraction he has to deal with.  One he pushes as far back into his mind as possible.  With his arms crossed against his chest and eyes staring off into the distance, Maxwell declares to Mr. King.  "I'm going to be conducting my search for your renegade mage's signature throughout the mall and nearby areas.  I'd like to be undisturbed in this process.  Meaning no guards or corp-sec getting in my way.  Also, my spirits will have to escort and assist me during this process.  Subtlety and discretion are kinda out the window at this point.  I'll do my best and make sure no civilians are harmed, but my companions and I can only manage so much.  Be prepared for the worst kind of PR is what i'm saying here."

The pyromancer issues a mental word to Valfar.  "Materialize next to me and let us continue our hunt for the mad alchemist.  I'd like to have his skull and blood as an offering to the insectoids by tonight if possible."
« Last Edit: (15:54:31/04-18-16) by Mulcarn »
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #2269 on: (00:31:53/04-19-16) »
Athos smiles before realizing that this may also be interpreted as something sinister.  Sighing, he tries another approach.  "You misunderstand, friend.  I am looking for anyone who might have known the mage that used to work security here at the mall.  He was responsible for the explosion and damage in the food court today.  Do you know anyone in the mall that might have been good friends with him?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6506
« Reply #2270 on: (03:54:35/04-19-16) »
"Yeah I know about those pills. Can you tell me which security guys are using or selling them?"
Kynos inquired.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #2271 on: (07:34:24/04-19-16) »
@Maxwell - Mr king say "You will not be disturb but do not disturb the customers - I mean it they pay your bounty."
Valfar materializes next to you and asks "What did you had in mind, chaos lord?"
(I am pretty sure that a search is by definition a remote service, but as I don't want to bombard you with dice let's keep him with you).

@Athos The Jeweler say... "These are not my things to know, we paid for magic security but we have never seen a mage. We were told that the security is obscured from plain sight, but when you pay such a high fee you want to see what you pay for  - you know actually meet the mage.  My company is starting to suspect that this entire magical security was a scam to boost up rent. They are disputed with the Aurora center over that. 

Tough this is all I know,  from gossip, these decisions are above my pay grade. "

 

Mulcarn

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 940
« Reply #2272 on: (12:55:03/04-20-16) »
It was fortunate that the roof-top wasn't populated.  Even though Valfar manifested as a rotted crumbling skeleton, he stood like a giant.  The secrets of magic and death lie hidden behind his pale-blue eye.  Life's frailties, and perhaps mortality itself had no meaning or consequence to the old dead lord.  His bones rattled and pulsated with a ghostly energy as he walked with Maxwell across the roof-top.  The fire mage explains what he's thinking as they stride toward some of the strip's cargo.  "I'm curious if the alchemist has any of his preparations being smuggled within the packages these drones are carrying.  Astral sight does not come easy to me.  I need you to look at everything here and tell me if you see any magical signatures or auras or anything that'll lead me to James Franco.  If not, then i'll have to reconvene with the other two and see if they have found anything.  You're free to go as soon as you let me know."

[spoiler]After re-reading the Search power, i'm inclined to agree with you on the remote service thing.  It always seemed like it wasn't dependent upon the summoner leash range based upon my earlier interpretations.  I can always edit my posts above and summon another spirit if you prefer.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: (14:00:18/05-01-16) by Mulcarn »
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #2273 on: (00:02:08/04-21-16) »
Athos nods to the jeweler and thanks him before going to the frozen yogurt stand and asking the same questions about the mage.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #2274 on: (04:50:19/04-21-16) »
@Kynos there teenager says with a bit of doubt she is clearly uncomfortable talking about it. She look at you in silent and then say.  "Charlie, the way he speaks about the darn thing he might as well be selling it..."
@Athos The jewler waves at you and goes back to his business, something in VR. The frozen Yogurt guy is very friendly, but does not seem to know much about magic or the security arrangements of the place.
@Maxwell - Valfar said "There is nothing alchemical now - how long do you want me to look for one?"




Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6506
« Reply #2275 on: (05:14:39/04-21-16) »
"Charlie... Ok, thanks."
Kynos turned around and made a call to the Security Chief <<I just got a tip from one of the vendors that one of your man called "Charlie" might know something about those pills. Can you arrange a meeting with him? And before you ask: No, I have no interest whatsoever in any kind of persecution except that mage. Info is all I want.>>
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #2276 on: (07:18:47/04-21-16) »
@Kynos King say >>Charlie ? I don't recall having this person on my roster. Let me check.
A while later he returns to you, nope never heard of him. Are you sure he is security?





Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6506
« Reply #2277 on: (07:32:25/04-21-16) »
With a sigh Kynos returned to the girl: "Excuse me, I might have misunderstood you. Who is this Charlie and where can I find him?"
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mulcarn

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 940
« Reply #2278 on: (14:27:11/05-01-16) »
Maxwell curses inwardly and shakes his head.  Looking back up at Valfar he says.  "No need look any further, you've done enough.  I'll need to check up with the others and see if they have found anything meaningful."  Walking away and back down the elevator to the mall's plaza, Maxwell pulls out his comm and messages Athos and Kynos.

@Athos and Kynos - <<Nothing magical or alchemical in the packages of the drone strip.  I'm heading back to the plaza area where the fireball bomb went off and i'll try to see if there's any residual astral signatures leftover.  Keep me updated and let me know if you need anything.>> 
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #2279 on: (17:38:02/05-01-16) »
Athos acknowledges the message from Sovereign.  >>Not having any luck here, either.  The guys in two shops seem to know nothing.  The jeweler thinks the whole mojo security thing was the mall just ripping them off with higher fees and never producing a mage.  I am moving on to the next shop.<< 

He steps into the interior of a Build-A-Bear store and speaks to the clerk and the manager about the wizard, trying to find out if they know anyone who might have been friends or at least friendly with the mojo slinger.  He asks about the suspected drug involvement as well.  Maybe they know of someone who was buying from him.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>