Shadowrun

Shadowrun Play => Play-by-Post => Topic started by: gilga on (05:48:00/08-21-15)

Title: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:48:00/08-21-15)
Monday 23, December 2075, 4:50 am.


Athos receives a phone call, not just ‘a phone call’ but the ‘phone call’ from Valentina Fingian. The ‘phone call’ is the initiation rite of the Mafia. Please Valentina and you get to become more than a made man, you get to become family and wear the Fingian name. This privilege has lifestyle and perks that follow with it but the main deal is not even the money. It is about pride, a sense of belonging, of being part of the family.  You are invited to family events,  the senior  members know your name and face. Most importantly, you are no longer a henchman but an asset.

For the vast majority of Mafia members this opportunity never presents itself. The ugly truth is that talent is rare in the Mafia as it is anywhere else. Most of the members spend their entire life doing drek jobs or paying for the crimes of the family.  Family members are expected of a very strict code of honor, they never say a single word to law enforcement and never use their help. Even if what they are doing is completely legal - a member of the family will never defend himself to the law. However, not every Mafia member is family and although family do nothing at all to defend themselves, lower level henchmen will happily admit anything in order to get the family off the hook and perhaps win grace.

Is he on the  way to jail or does Valentina have an assignment for him? - he cannot tell, what he do know is that he better do exactly as she say if they he wants any future in the Mafia. 

The call itself is unimpressive, it is not even a call but a simple text.  “>>Athos, your services are required - Meet me for lunch at the Gate at 12:00, come hungry!  Valentina Fingian.”

The Gate is a casino in Bellevue to the west, it has a very good restaurant with a great view to Washington lake. If this is their ‘last meal’ out of prison, Valentina certainly picked a good spot.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:33:56/08-21-15)
Athos is already up and working out in his exercise room when the commlink chirps at him.  The initial reaction about it being 04 fragging 30 in the morning disappears when he sees who sent the message.  *Valentina Finnigan herself.  You are moving up in the world, Athos, lad.*  Then he frowns a bit.  He has heard rumors that some of the calls Valentina makes are not good news.  Shaking his head, he rereads the text, looking for any clue as to what is going down.  Finding nothing obvious one way or the other in the terse message, he puts the 'link down on the small table and goes back to exercising.  No point in waking Minnie right now and he can get a bit more reps in.

After finishing his exercises, Athos takes a nice hot shower, something he rather enjoys as there is no hot water rationing here.  Such a different way of life since had made the move from the Barrens to Bellevue.  Not that it is that far; one could see the slums from here.  He hits the buzzer to the intercom to Minnie's section of the house.  "Hey, you up and decent yet?  Remember we got that breakfast at Gino's at eight.  And we got an invite for lunch at Gates.  Valentina's buying."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (19:08:59/08-21-15)
“Frag it!”

Yulia “Minnie Mouse” Kreidich slammed her fist on the desk before her in frustration.  Lukewarm soykaf splattered her right hand and forearm as a half empty plastic cup off to one side jumped a few centimeters off the surface and came down on its side.  It wasn’t the first time she'd forgotten her own considerable strength.

At least the desk didn’t break, she thought to herself ruefully as the piece of drek AR data processor she was wearing droned the 20th century torture “It’s a small world after all” on repeat through her earphones.

It should be easy.  She was simply editing a contract between Athos and another member of the Family from a separate operation.  The two needed to work together but didn’t trust each other as far as they could throw the Renraku Arcology, hence the need for something in writing.  All she wanted to do was cut a block of text from one place to another, but the result was the loss of the clipped data replaced with several verses of the Karma Sutra.

In Sanskrit.

Her efforts to undo the mysterious error failed miserably despite her certainty she’d done it right.  Instead of returning to where she’d started, the entire file converted to Japanese.

At least she thought it was Japanese.  Chinese?  No, she knew enough Japanese from Athos to know the character の wasn’t found in Chinese, Korean, or any other language.

Resigning herself to starting all over from the original document, she began cleaning up her spilled beverage with some tissue when Athos’ voice broke into the infernal racket still assaulting her ears.

"Hey, you up and decent yet?  Remember we got that breakfast at Gino's at eight.  And we got an invite for lunch at Gates.  Valentina's buying."

She managed to bring up a clock widget via the AR glasses she wore, blessedly without incident.  Half past six o’clock.  She then held her breath as she tried closing the document processing application.  The resulting silence was golden and she would have cheered if Athos’ words didn’t trouble her so.

“Yeah, I’m up oniichan,” she responded to her employer and protector, trying not to let on her worry.  “Give me a minute and I’ll be out there so we can talk.” 

The charming troll was one of only two true friends in Yulia’s life.  Her affectionate term for him in private, oniichan, was Japanese for beloved big brother he had told her.  And in all but blood, that was exactly what he was to her.  It was he who had stood up to the head of the Finnegan prostitution business and helped her argue for a ‘leave of absence’ from new clients and most existing ones.  She still had some long time ‘Diamond Class’ patrons she was expected to service regardless of her new freedom, but at least none of them were violent.  If a few nights a week working between the sheets was the price to pay for freedom the rest of the time, she’d pay it.  If all went well, she and Athos would develop her adept powers such that she’d be more valuable to the Family outside rather than inside the bedroom.

That was the plan, at least.  It had seemed like a good plan…until maybe now.  She bit her lower lip as she processed what lunch with the powerful Valentina Finnigan might mean.  Her stomach did flip flops at the thought that Jerome, the head pimp of the Finnigan Family, had appealed to the top and this meeting might be to put Athos…and Minnie…in their place.

Minnie rose from her chair and made her way to the door to the main living space of the flat Athos had invited her to share. 

I owe the man so much already.  Is it my destiny to bring him down?

No, she answered herself even as her tail wrapped itself around her diminutive form, an unconscious sign of apprehension which she was too absorbed in her fears to recognize at the moment.

If push comes to shove, I’ll go back to the sheets.  This is my cross to bear, dammit.  I won’t make anyone else pay the price for my curse.

Opening the door, the girl still wearing her glasses made a sorry sight.  Fuzzy gray ears drooped.  Pinkish gray rodent’s tail and pale, thin human arms hugged herself close.  “Oniichan, do you think we’re in trouble?” she asked in a small voice.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:53:17/08-21-15)
Athos is glad that his hands are full of a cup of soycaf when Minnie steps into the room.  The sight of the diminutive exotic woman always does something to him.  He shakes his head, "Nah.  Don't think so.  I am hoping this is our ticket to get you the respect you deserve and for me to move up a notch.  Hmmm.  You got your tail in the wrap around thing.  Worried about something?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (23:08:40/08-21-15)
Minnie looked both relieved and contrite as she absorbed Athos' assurance and realized how much she was telegraphing her anxiety.  She took a breath and centered herself.  Her tail relaxed and started swaying aimlessly behind her and her arms relaxed to her sides.  "Sorry, oniichan.  I know I need to control my emotions better if I'm to be of any use to you.  I was just worried Dame Valentina was...well...gonna lay down the smack on me.  I...well you know I don't want to go back to the sheets full time, but if you had to pay a price for me I wouldn't be able to handle that.  You've done so much for me already."

This time she managed to keep her outward calm...mostly.  Her body language was relaxed save for her still drooping ears.  Her sincerity was clearly apparent.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:22:26/08-21-15)
Athos laughs, "No problem, Omae.  I think we would have heard something if this was a showdown.  I got an idea for some backup.  Remember that girl, Artie?  She owes me a favor for recommending her to Carlo for his little delivery.  Are you comfortable with me asking her?  By the way, your ears are still down.  Perk up a bit.  This is our chance."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (23:33:41/08-21-15)
At the mention of Artie not only did Minnie's ears spring up but her tail started darting side to side, now telegraphing agitation.  Still, she kept a brave face.  "You know my feelings about that filthy cat, onii.  She's a predator, and I still can't get out of my head that she thinks of me as little more than dinner that doesn't know it yet.  But," she cut in before Athos could come to his longtime friend's defense, "I don't believe she'd move on me during your time of need.  And I'd work with a bug spirit if I thought it would help your star rise.  If you believe she'd be of service, then I'll watch my own back while I watch yours too."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:40:35/08-21-15)
Athos laughs.  "You two may have to work that out with each other.  I am sure that she does not want you for lunch."  Checking the chrono on his 'link, Athos makes a connection.  >>Hey Artie.  Athos here.  If you are not doing anything, how about joining Minnie and me at Gino's at eight this morning for breakfast.  I am sure that you still know your way there.  I will call and have a table for three.  Get back to me if it is bad for you.  I have a proposition  so try to be there.<<

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (23:52:41/08-21-15)
Not exactly happy with how things were transpiring, but confident that she'd be able to handle what came of it, Minnie slipped back into her room to leave Athos to set things up and get himself ready.  She herself wanted to make a good impression on Dame Valentina.  It would be the first time the powerful woman would meet the new Minnie....no Yulia.  With the little amount of time available, she showered and made herself presentable as a business professional.   She chose a suit Athos had bought for her that provided her total freedom of movement in a fight and lots of places to hide her knives while also exuding the look of a businesswoman who was confident and knew her stuff.  Her makeup was subtle, likely less than most women in her new position would wear.  She wanted to err on the minimalist end to ensure any trace of the whore, the damn good and very expensive whore to be sure but still a whore, Dame Valentina knew her to be was absent.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:02:22/08-22-15)
Athos shakes his head as his friend returns to her room.  He can tell she is upset, but he knows that she can get over it.  She is a professional, and so is Artie, in her way.  He had learned some time back that if he had something to get to somewhere else, Artie was the go-to person for the job.  He places a call to Gino's to add another chair to his table for breakfast, then moves to the couch.  While waiting for Minnie, he calls up the trid news to catch the current events.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (00:14:56/08-22-15)
About 30 minutes later Minnie ne Yulia re-entered the main room of the flat she shared with her friend.  Her gray skirt-suit matched her hair, fur, and tail.  The effect was to minimize the visual impact of the unnatural traits that marked the girl as something not quite human.  Black tights covered her legs all the way up to where her gray skirt met her knees.  She wore black mary janes with just a little heel - professional and conservative.  Definitely not what would be expected by those who knew the old her.  She wore glasses although she didn't need them for vision correction.  Being entirely organic, the AR spectacles and associated ear piece and gloves were what permitted her to perform her duties as Athos' secretary.  She just hoped whatever demons seemed to torment her from anything with a microchip would leave her alone when the chips were falling.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:23:47/08-22-15)
Athos looks up from what he is reading and scans his friend.  His pulse quickens just a bit as he looks at her.  "That color suits you well."  He motions to the human size couch in the room and adds.  "You know I would not bring Artie into this if you were dead set against it.  I happen to think that the two of you can be a great double punch with your special skills.  Most people will see the Troll coming and ignore the pair of awakened partners until it is too late.  But I will not mention the lunch with Donna Valentina if you say not to."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (00:37:37/08-22-15)
The tiny mouse girl settles into the couch, sitting turned a little to one side with her legs folded to the opposite side.  It was a position that indicated her continued apprehension while also being modest in her skirt.  She let out a little sigh that many would call a pout, especially coming from her.  "I don't trust her, Onii.  Not only is she a cat, but I know she has her own agenda.  I worry what may happen if her priorities and yours cease being the same.  But I realize this is business and you can't always have family at your back."  She sighed again before continuing.  "You're the expert at this," she adds with a shrug.  "I have a lot to learn.  I'll consider this another learning opportunity.  One I hope to live to not regret."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:40:22/08-22-15)
Athos nods, "I am thinking that you worry a bit too much, but maybe that is a good thing.  One of us should worry.  So, to change the subject, how is that contract coming along?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (00:45:51/08-22-15)
Minnie's ears drooped again.  "Um, does Leo happen to read Japanese?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:49:50/08-22-15)
Athos smiles.  "I do not think so.  I can ask, but are you sure it is Japanese?  And quit drooping.  Whatever you are doing I am sure you will figure it out.  And you are still better than I am.  You just need more confidence in yourself.  Trust me, I have confidence in you."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (00:54:52/08-22-15)
With Athos' encouragement, Minnie's ears and posture straighten up.  "You're right, Onii.  I just swear computers hate me.  I know between my feelings for your cat friend and my talk about computers you're sure I'm paranoid.  And with the cat you're likely right though I still say she's out to get me.  Still, you remember what happened when you tried to teach me how to drive.  How long was the truck in the shop for?  I think I once read they used to do contracts on paper.  Maybe I was just born in the wrong age."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:05:10/08-22-15)
Athos smiles ruefully.  "Yeah, that poor vehicle.  Probably never be the same again.  As for the contract, go ahead and put it on paper.  I am sure Leo can read it that way as well as if it is on the tablet.  Maybe you can start a new craze.  And you are being paranoid.  The computers do not hate you and neither does Artie.  In both cases you just have to learn how to work around the problems."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (01:20:25/08-22-15)
Minnie nodded thoughtfully but said nothing.  Athos' wisdom deserved the last word.  And anyway, a flashing alert in AR space notified her that they'd better get their butts over to Gino's or else they'd be late meeting said cat, not to mention the chance to enjoy the best omelets in Redmond.  "We'd best get going, Onii, if you don't want to leave Artee cooling her heels.  As much as the thought amuses me, I'm sure she'd find some way to blame it on me."  Her childlike grin at the former image turned into a scowl as she finished.  She then snorted.  "I probably should just start thinking of her as a client.  As much as I dislike her, she's not even in the running with some of the men, and even some women, I've had to accommodate."  Minnie shivered at thoughts Athos could never fathom, nor would he want to.  She then seemed to shake herself out of a trance before sliding out of the sofa to stand.  She seemed like a different person once erect.  "Shall we go, sir?" she asked in a perfect 'personal assistant' tone.  It was almost night and day and only a slight glint of humor in the girl's eyes assured Athos that good ol' insecure Minnie was still there.

[spoiler](I've just made a change to give Minnie a high Con with a seduction specialization.  Her behavior now is a reflection of her strong con skill.)[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:37:25/08-22-15)
Athos nods and stands.  "Keeping me on task is your toughest challenge."  He motions for her to lead the way and follows, activating the alarms on the way out.  He frowns as he watches her walk ahead of him.  *I might not be the brightest Troll in the world, but I know that look.  She was back in whore land, where she was dying a bit every day.  Damn Vito and his cronies for what they did to her.* 

Athos clicks open the car doors and climbs into the front after helping Minnie into the back where the special human seat belts were.  After buckling up, he clicks open the garage door and put the car in motion.  It might not be much, but it still felt like a limousine after the years of walking from place to place because he was just too damned big.  The specially made car was built to order and its sturdy springs and axles were designed to accommodate his size.  The trip to Gino's was completed in companionable silence.  Mostly.  Athos flipped the car's radio to his favorite station where he found his favorite band banging away on instruments that Minnie has frequently told him sound like cats banging on trash bin lids while screeching at the top of their lungs.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (01:53:50/08-22-15)
As Athos navigated out of the garage, Minnie took the opportunity to scan current news, especially anything she'd been fed from the Family.  She wanted to make sure where wasn't something which might clue her into what was coming down with Dame Valentina.  As she skimmed through the queued data she noted a message from Nagisa, her only other friend than Athos and her longest standing one.  The two grew up together even though their lives as teens couldn't have been more different.  Nagisa was born into serving the family and her prodigy-level skills with tech from the earliest age had placed her in the data operations division.  She was among the best deckers of her age in the service of Family Finnigan and looked on track for full admission in ten years or so.  Another pang of guilt hit her at the thought she might drag Nagisa down too, but she set it aside.  She had no time for her own pity party right now.

"I'm about as open minded as they come, Onii, but I swear I will never understand how you can call that music."  The thought of continuing the long-standing debate for a few minutes as they traversed the distance to breakfast comforted her like an old security blanket.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:03:09/08-22-15)
Athos laughed out loud.  "That is because you hear it with mouse ears, not Troll ears.  It sounds plenty fine to me."  The pair keep up the banter for the trip.  The parking lot at Gino's is mostly full, even at this hour; a testament to the quality of the food Gino served as well as to the number of loyal customers who would eat almost nowhere else.  As Athos offered his hand to his friend his practiced look took in the row of Scorpions parked in the bike lane.  Even though Gino was well known for refusing service to anyone causing trouble, it could be an interesting breakfast.  He nods to the bikes.  "Humanis trash.  Want to skip breakfast?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (02:24:26/08-22-15)
Yulia scowled even before Athos spoke the obvious.  She'd been sheltered from things like Humanis before the past month or two.  Since that time, she'd learned to her surprise that bigots hated her more than Trolls and Orks.  She was a human, but yet not.  One of their own kind, but flawed - a travesty of human purity.  Her first real fight had been with a gang of Humanis thugs.  Athos had left her to shop in a part of town he had assumed would be perfectly safe for a human.  They'd both learned a lesson.  The Humanis bully boys had learned a lesson too, although a few of them probably didn't remember it afterwards given the concussions she gave them.  It had been her first run in with the authorities, too.  Only some help from a Family lawyer had kept her from being portrayed the aggressor, despite several security cameras to the contrary, and facing charges.  That and it didn't hurt that Minnie Mouse had several clients in the Seattle metroplex judiciary.  Awkward only begins to describe what prosecuting her would have meant, and so she was let go with an admonishment not to "go asking for trouble".  She'd resigned herself to shopping via the Matrix from then on.

"They know us, Oniichan," Yulia said quietly.  "They know we're good people and that your nuyen is good.  I can't imagine Gino's allowing anything bad to happen to regulars.  And anyway, what about meeting up with your cat friend?  They can always put us in the back room, assuming those Humanis pricks haven't already been segregated back there."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (03:47:42/08-22-15)
Artie's hand shot out from under the covers and onto the nightstand.  It flopped about there for a few moments before she lifted her head and half opened one eye.  With a few seconds, the commlink came into focus and she tapped the screen, finally putting an end to the incessant beeping.

She let her head drop back onto he pillow and lay there.  Her eyes opened.  Her eyes closed.  Her eyes opened.  She squeezed them shut and then grunted in frustration, tossing the covers off and sitting up.  Looking over to the commlink, she curled her lip and then picked it up.

"What's so important it has to be at six in the morning?" she complained as she checked the message.

>>@Artie [Athos] Hey Artie.  Athos here.  If you are not doing anything, how about joining Minnie and me at Gino's at eight this morning for breakfast.  I am sure that you still know your way there.  I will call and have a table for three.  Get back to me if it is bad for you.  I have a proposition  so try to be there.<<

Breakfast at Gino's in two hours could be a good reason to be up so early.  She clapped her hands to her face, rubbing the last remnants of sleep away before rising and heading to the bathroom.  A proposition sounded like work, maybe.  Work was always good.  Course, what work could it be if he was dragging the mouse along with him?

Just fifteen minutes was what it took to be out of the house and on the street.  Making her way from the Barrens to that part of the greater Seattle Area would take the better part of an hour and a half if she moved so there wasn't time to waste.  Happily, a good work out would keep her in shape and spark up an appetite for a big meal.  She'd be sure that Athos picked up the tab, to make up for the early wake up call.

He might be up before the sun as a matter of course, but a girl needed her beauty sleep.  She spent a few minutes in a stretching routine and with a wave to Old Man Harris at the corner mart, she took off at a solid running pace down the street.  Making it to the end, she turned into an alley, leapt onto a dumpster, kicked off the edge, and grabbed the rail of a fire escape at the second floor.  She quickly hauled herself up and then ascended the steps to the fifth floor roof.

From there to Bellevue, she'd never touch the ground.

Crossing from the Barrens into Bellevue was never that tough and once on that side, she just caught a ride on bus and let the public transportation system take her the rest of the way.

Getting off the bus, she shouldered her bag and walked briskly to the diner.  Her eyes darted swiftly back and forth, she didn't miss much.  Athos and Minnie had just stepped in after giving a good once over to a group of bikes parked just outside.  Good, I'm not late, she thought to herself as she reached the door.

Opening it, she saw that the waitress was just about to seat the two.  Athos gave Minnie the preference of which side of the table to sit on and just as the changeling was about to settle into the booth,  Artie vaulted the booth, her feet easily clearing and slipped herself right into the inside position of the booth, placing the glass on one side and Minnie on the other, forcing the mouse to the outside seat and unable to switch seats without making it utterly awkward.

"Heya!  Whatcha doin?" she grinned.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (09:04:42/08-22-15)
Yulia froze for the briefest of moments as she absorbed the damn cat’s audacity.  Not that the older girl’s antics should have surprised her even that long.

Cats were entitled by nature, after all; strutting around as if they owned the place.  House cats looked down with disdain on the lowly metahumanity that fed them, often not even deigning to permit themselves to be stroked when their generous benefactors needed comforting.  Wild or feral cats lorded over their territory from their niche atop the food chain lavishly provided to them by Mother Nature herself.

Mice on the other hand were the humblest of creatures.  They lived in the shadows eating whatever rotting and putrid scraps presented themselves.  Always, ALWAYS, alert for the predator certain that mouse was next on the dinner menu.

Yulia once came across a copy of an old 20th century novel called Watership Down.  It was really long and kept a thirteen year old girl starving for non-bedroom stimulation occupied for two weeks as she devoured the tome between clients.  It was a good read, too, although she had to smirk at the idea of Rabbit being ‘prince of a thousand enemies.’  If that were true, Mouse’s retinue had to be at least ten thousand.  And Cat was Number One on the list.

Knowing that of all people the cat adept was well aware of Yulia’s transient hesitation, she decided she wouldn’t feed the damn woman’s conceit anymore and simply slid silently into the booth beside her tormenter. 

She’s playing with me just like she would her food, Yulia acknowledged to herself as she settled in.  Although Yulia was (mostly) sure Artie had no intention of physically eating her, she had little doubt that just as a real cat would digest nutrients from a dead mouse’s body to better itself, the Cat follower beside her wouldn’t hesitate for a moment to suck Yulia dry of anything that could further the older girl’s aims and leave behind a dry husk blowing lifeless in the winds of fate.

Refusing to be baited she remained silent and sat dispassionately, hands demurely folded on her lap, awaiting Athos’ response to Artie’s grinning inquiry.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:49:50/08-22-15)
Athos walked Minnie to the door and opened it for her, following his friend inside.  Gino's was a rather large restaurant and bar.  Not much on entertainment, it still had a very loyal clientele from all walks of life.  Gino had made it clear years ago that the outside world and its problems stayed outside.  Some early experiences had taught people to behave or never come back.  And once you had tasted Gino's food you wanted to come back.  Athos noticed several Humanis bikers at the bar, their riding jackets clearly identifying them.  Three of the metahuman haters nudged each other when Minnie had entered the room, grinning and smirking.  One of the men had left his seat and taken a step toward the girl by the time Athos enters.  At the sight of the huge Troll, the man practically freezes then carefully sits back down, the smirk replaced with something else.

Maria, the hostess, arrives just then and gives her newly arrived customers a genuine smile, saying, "Athos.  Yulia.  Your table is right this way.  Artie is not here yet."  As she turns to take them to one of the booths specially built to seat Trolls, she adds, "Now do not worry about Clem and his boys.  They know the rules.  Clem likes his pasta too much to take a chance on being banned."

At the booth, Athos lets Minnie sit first and is about to move into the booth when Artie makes her appearance.  Shaking his head, he sits at the end of the booth.  "Artie, that was not very polite.  You owe Yulia an apology.  I do not know what I did in a prior lifetime that has saddled me with two friends that do not get along with each other."  Athos eschews the menu, already knowing what he wants.  Truth be told, his tastes have not changed much in years.  Maria looks at the girls and hands them menus.  "So what can I get you two to drink while you decide what to eat?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (10:13:03/08-22-15)
Yulia permitted the edges of her mouth to curl in a smile at Athos’ diplomacy.  She was sure she’d get praise later for keeping her mouth shut and not being baited.

Maybe you can teach an old mouse new tricks.

Not that she was old, mind you.  Her twentieth birthday was still a few months away, but she certainly felt old.  And the damn cat’s continued grinning didn’t help matters.

Like Athos, Yulia knew what she wanted to eat and never opened the proffered menu.  “Apple juice and water,” Yulia replied to their host as she dismissed the cat from her thoughts for a moment.  Her grin widened with not a little anticipation apparent in her eyes despite the AR specs somewhat masking the brown orbs.  Apple juice.  The real thing.  Somehow Gino’s was able to get the precious golden nectar from a Shidhe source in Wenatchee.  It came at a steep price, of course, but it was an unwritten rule between them that Yulia got one glass of her favorite beverage whenever they came here for breakfast.  She’d nurse it through the whole meal, drinking water for hydration between tiny sips of ambrosia for pleasure.

It was better than sex.

A LOT better than sex.

Chocolate, however...

Oh the simple things in life, she mused, no longer much caring what the infernal cat would say next.  Curious to fill the time, and always on the alert like any good rodent, she took a brief look around the place using real sight, astral sight, and AR via her specs.  If there were any surprises in any of the three spaces, she’d be prepared...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:49:00/08-22-15)
@Minnie - You are not sure exactly what you just saw, but as you survey the place, you attention centers on a large jar of candies at the bar. You are almost certain that one of the candies at the bottom of the jar, changed its location just a tiny bit.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (10:54:35/08-22-15)
That's odd, she thought to herself as she noted the apparent movement in the candy jar.  Trying to appear nonchalant, she would steal additional glances to see if it or anything else happened again in or around the jar...in any of her three sights.  She suspected it was likely just her jumpiness being around Artee, but you never could be too careful.  Anyway, it distracted her from having to watch Artee and Athos actually get along.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (11:17:34/08-22-15)
Artie smirked.  "Apologize?  For saying 'Hi'?  Me doth believe some skins should be thicker if a 'What's up' offends.  Any 'friend' would appreciate the gesture, and aren't we friends?"

The mouse was truly thin skinned and that made her an easy target.  Artie couldn't help but needle the girl and if it was as easy as popping up with what amounted to jumping out from behind a door and shouting, 'Boo', that was hardly her fault.  And apologize?  It was too hard a world for Artie to entertain the notion.  She quickly deflected.

"Assholes in the back will probably be real trouble.  If not while we're eating, then once we've stepped out."  She reached over and grabbed a menu, popping it open. "Fish sticks are good.  What are you gonna get? she asks Minnie, turning to look at the slight girl.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:30:04/08-22-15)
Athos sighs.  "You and I are friends.  Yulia and I are friends.  What you and Yulia are defies description, but I do not think it is friends.  Friendly antagonists, maybe?"  He shoots a look over at the Humanis thugs sitting at the bar before adding, Nah.  Only the five of them.  Hardly break a sweat on that many.  I am having the usual."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (11:41:25/08-22-15)
Thinking about apple juice and also the distraction of the curious colorful jar across the room helped Yulia ignore Artee’s protest to Athos.  She hadn’t expected any different anyway.

“Soyham and green peppers omelet,” she answered the cat simply.  “You can get them to use real eggs on request.”  She then stole a glance at the Humanist grouping, but averted her eyes quickly when they meet a leer.  “As for my fan club over there, maybe I should slip out on my own when we’re done.  I can lose them in my sleep and that way you and oniichan can walk out with no drama.  We can meet up again outside Jake’s and drive on from there?”

Jake’s was a nearby dive that had the best fried catfish in the sprawl.  It was far less formal than Gino’s but the food, in its own way, was just as classy.  It would also be very, very closed right now and unlikely to have any Humanis pricks around.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:50:07/08-22-15)
Athos looks at Minnie.  "I am sure that they can toss in real eggs for us this morning.  Remember that you have to ask special for them.  And those punks?  Just ignore them.  We can decide on what to do when we get ready to leave.  I think they are just jealous that I am sitting here with the two best looking women in town."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (12:03:22/08-22-15)
She nods at Minnie's choice.  "Sounds... good," she shrugged.  "And whatever it is, I hope you're right about those guys.  For their sake."

She made her own selections and pushed her own order through her AR.  Fish sticks omelette.  Let the others judge if they wished.

"So, what's the deal, Athos?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (12:29:42/08-22-15)
Since she already knew what was going down with Athos and lunch, and her curiosity was getting the better of her, she decided to slip over to the bar and look more closely at the candy jar.  She planned to cover her action with some harmless flirting with the lone bartender who, it being breakfast, was being called upon to mix only an occasional Bloody Mary and pour the rare glass of breakfast bubbly.  She had talked previously with the boy, him being only a few years older than she and new to the job.  She kept her toying with the boy's heart to a minimum given she wasn't yet able to see sex with men as anything but a rather unpleasant job, but his innocence was refreshing and someday...well who knew.  Anyway, the jar wasn't explaining itself and she wanted to get to the bottom of it.  Was she just seeing things or was there something to it?

She gave the Humanis crowd some distance but the imp in her couldn't help but sashay a bit with her tail swishing hypnotically side to side opposite the motion of her hips.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (13:28:38/08-22-15)
Artie watched the mouse get up and strut over to the bartender.  Her gaze flicked over to the Humanis boys and to some of the other customers leering at the young girl.

She arched an eyebrow and looked sideways at Athos.  "Calculated, y'know, what she's doing."  She shrugged again and kicked one leg out to take advantage of the vacated booth space as she leaned back against the window.  Her posture was relaxed but she never stopped scanning for threats.  For the most part, her gaze alternated between Minnie and the humans fellows.

Athos might not see and the little mouse would never allow herself to see it, but Artie would watch both of their backs the way she expected them to watch hers.  Maybe Minnie would, maybe she wouldn't, but let Artie drop her and there would never be trust between them.  They didn't have to like each other, but Athos was right... he was a lynchpin that they both cared enough about to set aside their differences.

Well... to a point.  The mouse was an easy target for Artie's teasing and it was just in her nature to take advantage of that.  Artie might not be so physically similar to her totem as Minnie was, but there was a reason Cat chose her.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:43:06/08-22-15)
@Minnie "Yulia right?" said the bartender... "what can I do you for?" his eyes light up when he sees the familiar face.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (15:02:38/08-22-15)
Yulia settled herself down on the stool nearest the candy jar that had caught her eye a few minutes earlier.  She positioned her face so that she peered over the top of the jar as she gazed at the bartender.  Her smile was refracted in the glass in the space between the lid and the top of the pile of multicolored candy inside.  The effect was coquettish, playful but never crossing to seductive.   She alternated her eye focus between meeting the boy’s gaze and examining the contents of the glass container.  Even the act of regularly glancing down fit seamlessly into the flirting game.

“Just waiting for Claire to whip up my omelet, Jimmy,” she supplied to the freckle-faced, carrot-topped young human.  “In the meantime, Athos is talking business and I decided the fun was on this side of the place.  Was I right?”

As she vamped the young man while looking up, when looking down she examined the jar up close in all three worlds- mundane, matrix, and magic.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:08:55/08-22-15)
Athos nods to Yulia as she gets up and stroll to the bar.  Looking over to Artie, he says, "Just as calculated as your jabs at her.  You and I both know that you would not allow those Humanis punks to ness with her, so why do you taunt her so much?"  He raises his hands.  "I know, I know.  It is in your nature.  I guess I will just have to learn to accept that, no matter how much I want both of you to be friends."

Athos lets his voice get serious as he looks back at Artie.  He knows that the girl has eyes on Minnie and will alert him if something starts to go sideways.  "Here is the gig.  I got a call to eat lunch with Valentina at the Gates Casino today.  I do not expect trouble, but I would like another pair of eyes on the proceedings.  You have instincts that I do not and you might see things that I cannot.  How does 200 plus my picking up your lunch ticket sound?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:31:00/08-22-15)
Yulia settled herself down on the stool nearest the candy jar that had caught her eye a few minutes earlier.  She positioned her face so that she peered over the top of the jar as she gazed at the bartender.  Her smile was refracted in the glass in the space between the lid and the top of the pile of multicolored candy inside.  The effect was coquettish, playful but never crossing to seductive.   She alternated her eye focus between meeting the boy’s gaze and examining the contents of the glass container.  Even the act of regularly glancing down fit seamlessly into the flirting game.

“Just waiting for Claire to whip up my omelet, Jimmy,” she supplied to the freckle-faced, carrot-topped young human.  “In the meantime, Athos is talking business and I decided the fun was on this side of the place.  Was I right?”

As she vamped the young man while looking up, when looking down she examined the jar up close in all three worlds- mundane, matrix, and magic.

@Minnie,
Jimmy say..."no no the fun is slumming at the Skelton it is the hottest club in town. Live music, multiple stages amazing BTL's...  I want to go there... but none of my friends dare to go to the Barrens at night with all the creepy stuff that's happening recently... is there any chance that you can take me? You are the bravest girl I know. "  You are not sure if he is flirting with you or he really want to go to the Skelton.
To brake the awkward silence he nervously adds "Here you get the best juices in the country tough... can I fill your glass... it's free " He smiles and you can sense that his cheeks are red and he is really embarrassed because what he just said.

There is nothing unusual now about the candy's. In any of the world, yet you are certain that previously there was a subtle movement in there. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (15:41:56/08-22-15)
Artie winks at Athos, glossing over his criticism and diving into the offer.  "I like food," she said, in way of agreeing to help.  She looked up as the waitress brought over a glass of soy milk and her lip curled in disgust even as she took the glass and drank from it.

"So, chill out in the local vick and see if anything's fishy, sounds easy enough."

Her eyes weren't on Athos as she spoke, flicking mostly between Minnie and the punks in the back, with an occasional scan of the room.  "Ha, if you don't look out, Minnie'll have her hands full with Jimmy over there... not something she's looking for, I think."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:54:44/08-22-15)
Athos takes a casual glance to where Minnie and Jimmy are talking.  "I had him vetted right after Gino hired him.  Even talked to him a bit and he is OK.  He is sweet on Yulia, but he understands that I will snap his back if he hurts her.  Not worried about him and if she goes for it, it is OK by me.  So we are good for lunch?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (15:56:35/08-22-15)
"I'm in."

She leaned back and waited for breakfast to be served.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (16:05:09/08-22-15)
Yulia thanked Mouse for her quick reflexes and she schooled her reaction to the unexpected offer.  She absolutely did NOT want Jimmy sensing he’d actually flustered her.  For better or worse, she had a lot of experience not letting on to her true feelings in such ‘dealings of the heart.’  Not that it had anything to do with Yulia’s heart thanks to her lost childhood. 

It had always been business for her, or if not business, then a game.  A game she always won.  She and the boy across the counter had played the flirting game a few times but this was the first time he’d actually asked her out.  With it out there, she honestly didn’t know what to do next.  Somehow, the boy had checked her king.

In every dealing with a man along these lines she’d ended up in bed with him on his terms.  She had zero experience just enjoying a night out with a boy, and less than a handful of such experiences with a girl.  Sure, she’d read hundreds of stories about such things, but it’d always seemed so far off.  Another world; usually literally given her tastes ran toward works from the 5th World.

Still, wasn’t it possible to just go out dancing?  She was too embarrassed to consider asking Athos for advice on the subject, and Nagisa would just get jealous.  She had no intention of betraying her girlfriend’s trust, but at the same time, unlike Nagisa, she liked boys too.

The time had dragged on and the poor boy was starting to nervously fill in the quiet.  She felt guilty now for apparently leading the boy on with what to her had been just innocent dallying.

“Um…how about cranberry juice?” she responded to his query.  She’d briefly considered asking for orange juice, but even if they had it the stuff was worth its weight in orichalcum.  Well maybe not quite, but it might be close.  At least cranberries, like apples, were grown in Shidhe territory.

As the boy moved to comply, she stalled for more time as her emotions roiled within her.  “Um, I don’t remember seeing this jar here before," she motioned to the colorful glass container now held between her AR gloved hands.  "Where’d the candy come from?”
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (16:21:37/08-22-15)
Soon enough, the server is out of the kitchen.  The rolling cart is stacked with plates and platters of food.  Gino himself wanders out from the back he booth as the server unloads the cart.  A couple of plates are placed in front of Artie and Minnie's empty seat but the majority of the food on the cart goes in front of the Troll.  Athos smiles broadly and sniffs at the various aromas wafting from the food in front of him.  Gino comes up and nods.  "It is good to see my friends here.  Enjoy the food.  The veal cutlet is my special of the week; very nice."  He cocks his head to where Minnie is chatting with Jimmy.  "Is OK?  Jimmy is a good boy.  He would not do nothing to hurt our Yulia.  You know that."

Athos nods.  "It is fine with me, Gino.  You say he is good boy and I trust you.  Say, this looks good today.  Bono, Gino.  Molto bono.  Thank you very much."

The large Troll digs in with gusto and begins to wade through the small mountain of food as if he had not eaten in days, maybe weeks.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:47:26/08-22-15)
@Minnie - "I am not sure" said Jimmy, maybe a week ago... they are not so bad. Soy chocolate... nothing like the real thing tough but who has chocolate nowadays." His voice is low when he say it and he finds it difficult to look at you. He looks at you for a few moments as if waiting for some miracle, before he asks one of the waiters to cover for him for a short while. "Going out for some air... " he mumbles half to you half to himself. If Minnie wants to examine the Jar she might get a few moments unnoticed if she sticks at the bar.


Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (16:59:36/08-22-15)
Yulia forced her tail to behave and not wrap itself around her body, but she could feel her ears drooping and couldn't quite get them to behave.  Frag it, she thought.  What is wrong with me?  She concentrated on the jar as she continued to search her feelings.  Should she chase after the boy?  Wait for him to come back?  Could she trust him to leave it just at dancing and fun company?  Could she trust herself?  She'd never just dated a boy in her life.  If she was flubbing up courtship this bad, how could she expect to keep a date at arm's lengths?

And the jar continued to look totally innocent.  She must have imagined it, but yet she couldn't get out of her mind that there had been movement at the bottom.  In frustration at Jimmy, herself, and the jar she decided to cut to the chase.  She lifted off the lid and stuck her hand deep into the jar to fish out a piece from the very bottom...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:05:12/08-22-15)
@Minnie one of the candies feels a bit different to the touch, cold, metalic. You grab it and notice it is horizon eye. A very old model of what is now known as horizion flying eye, the most common security drone in the market. The horizon eye looks basically the same but it cannot fly, instead it can only hover close to the ground. The drone is turned off right now.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (17:15:10/08-22-15)
Well hello, little one, she mumbled to herself as she marveled at the thing, turning it this way and that in her left hand.  She was no expert in tech and half of her suspected it was dead now only because she touched it.  Still, she was sure Athos, or maybe Artee, might be able to figure out what it was about.  Was it here to spy at Gino?  Athos?  Someone else?

Still conflicted over the disquieting situation with Jimmy, she returned the lid atop the jar and made her way back to her group and the waiting breakfast.  She was focused now, not to mention a little insecure, and so the Humanis twits and other patrons didn't get a show this time.

Arriving back at her table she slipped back into her space, pushing aside the cat's legs if she didn't make space for her.  She then held up the drone.  "Any idea what this is about?  It was the bonus prize in the candy jar over there at the bar."  She indicated with her head in that discretion.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (17:45:51/08-22-15)
Arte chuckles as Minnie takes her seat.  "You think I'm cruel to you?  I could stand to take lessons!  Poor fella."

Her brow furrows as she focuses on the small drone, not hearing whatever protests the mouse shot back at her.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:01:22/08-22-15)
"Frag you, damn Cat," Yulia responded, but the energy in the barb was weak.  Seeing that Artee seemed to have the little drone in hand, literally and figuratively, and Athos was still digging into his breakfast, she decided she wasn't hungry and rose back from the booth.  She'd left her cranberry juice unfinished at the counter when she'd discovered the little gadget.  She couldn't waste something that valuable, right?  Who knew when she'd taste real cranberry again?  And if she was still there sipping it when Jimmy got back from his break...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (18:09:51/08-22-15)
Artie watches Minnie head back to the counter and shoots Athos a wink.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (20:06:22/08-22-15)
Athos just shakes his head without saying anything.  Artie could really hammer away at things she knew would set Minnie off.  He does not understand either of them.  One for dishing it out and the other for taking it.  His train of thought is interrupted by a shadow falling across his food and a voice saying, "Hey.  Yeah, you.  The one with the weeks worth of food on the table.  Easy to see wh............."

The Humanis thug had forgotten at least two of the most important rules about Troll baiting.  One:  Never do it while he is eating.  Two:  Never, ever, ever, do it within reach of the Troll's arms.  Athos flung his massive arm out with a speed that belied his bulk and grabbed the young punk at the throat.  Squeezing gently so as not to snap the ganger's neck he brought the man to a within a few inches of his face before looking up at him.  Opening his mouth he showed the trembling thug his huge incisors, saying  "It is not polite to slur someone while they are eating.  I would expect a bit of privacy and politeness from you while we are in this very nice restaurant.  Now go tell Clem that you broke Gino's rules and get your punishment from him.  I do not think he will be appreciative that you have risked his daily pasta feast."

Athos gently places the man on his feet and releases his grip.  "And you might want to change your fancy pants as well.  It smells like you have soiled them.  Now please go and leave us alone."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (20:10:05/08-22-15)
"Be glad he really likes Gino, else they'd be scraping you off the floor!" Artie called out to the retreating youth.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (20:23:59/08-22-15)
Yulia glanced back at the commotion from her stool at the bar, delicious red beverage in hand.  "Dumbass," she muttered under her breath before taking another sip.  I guess I'll have to sashay a little more if I'm going to get them to let Athos and Arty walk out without trouble.  I'll have this motley crew trailing after me like barking puppy dogs, no worries. She smirked as she took another sip.  Stupid people are stupid.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (20:32:44/08-22-15)
Athos chuckles.  "The kid just needs to grow up a bit.  I hope the shadows allow him to."

He digs in with a Troll's appetite and whittles away at the pile of food, checking every now and again to see if Jimmy comes back to speak to Minnie.  Once it looks like the boy might take a while, Athos finishes his breakfast and stands up.  He leaves a large tip for the service and catches Yulia's eye, nodding his head at the door. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (20:47:05/08-22-15)
Artie takes a closer look at the mini-drone and the shrugs, wrapping it up in several napkins.  Then, she fishes another device from her bag and wraps it into a larger ball with the drone.

She glances up at Athos, who watches with some curiosity.

"It's a white noise generator.  I've turned it on low, but now the drone shouldn't see or hear, since they are touching.  And I'll just keep them in my bag for now."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (21:02:52/08-22-15)
Yulia sighed as she saw Athos give the signal.  It was getting late, though.  She looked sadly toward the back, but it couldn't be helped.  She grabbed a pen and quickly jotted down a matrix address on a napkin and slipped it behind the candy jar where Jimmy couldn't help but see it when he got back.  Smiling at the waiter covering the bar, she slipped back to their table to grab the omelette that had been put in a take-away bag and ran after her two departing colleagues.  She spared a glance back to make sure the Humanis goons were staying put and, while a few looked unhappy, their leader seemed to be keeping them in check.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (21:10:21/08-22-15)
@Yulia The minutes pass and you do not see that Jimmy return. When you finish carefully examining the drone, you can see that many of the Humanis seem to have left the restaurant.

@All - you do not see anything out of the ordinary when you leave, however the Huminis that are leaving now seem to be in a hurry to do so. They do not even provoke you.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:20:16/08-22-15)
Athois stands in the lot and ponders.  "Hey, you two.  Does it seem that these bums are leaving rather quickly?  I don't think I scared them that much.  And didn't Jimmy disappear right after talking to you, Yulia?  Can either of you sense him in the area?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (21:26:57/08-22-15)
Yulia had just caught up with the two, her uneaten omelette in her grasp, when Athos expressed his curiosity about Jimmy's whereabouts.  The mouse-girl's tail started fidgeting as she began thinking along the same lines as her troll friend.

Those pricks wouldn't have taken their anger at us out on Jimmy would they?  Her gut wrenched.  He was pretty public when he asked me out...

The bag holding her omelette hadn't hit the ground by the time she was turning the corner along the outside of the building, wasting no time to check in the back for Jimmy.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (21:35:30/08-22-15)
Artie takes just a split second to channel her focus (http://orokos.com/roll/319008) and then darts forward.  She jumps up, her feet barely gracing (http://orokos.com/roll/319009) the leather seats of one of the Suzuki's before she leaps and rushes up the wall (http://orokos.com/roll/319010), clearing through to the roof and running halfway across the building before even she realizes what she's doing...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:36:35/08-22-15)
Athos lumbers off after Minnie.  As he rounds the corner, he pulls the massive Troll revolver out of its holster and cycles up the smartlink.  The gun's personality kicks in.  "Hey big boy.  Need me now?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (21:41:10/08-22-15)
The omelette hits the ground.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:44:43/08-22-15)
And splatters inside the to-go bag.  Athos will get you another.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (22:08:08/08-22-15)
@Artie darting over the roof to the back, you get to see about ten bikers driving the road. You can clearly tell that  one of the bikes has two riders but at this distance there is no saying if one of them is Jimmy.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (22:12:45/08-22-15)
When Yulia reaches the back and Jimmy isn't in evidence (she doesn't see what Artee sees), she sprints to the door to the kitchen and attempts to open it to check for him inside.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:14:19/08-22-15)
Athos realizes that he is way too late to see anything and turns around to go back to the lot.  Are any of the Humanis bikes still there?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (22:16:58/08-22-15)
@Minnie confused and uncharacteristically nice a middle aged chef, that minnie could hear shouting on the other kitchen employees  looks at Minnie and say "Is everything alright?"

@Atos there are four bikes still there. Their owners arrive not long after Athos arrives there.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (22:22:07/08-22-15)
"Um, did Jimmy come back in?  I know he went for a break out back after we spoke a few minutes ago and I had something I wanted to tell him before I left."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:24:23/08-22-15)
Athos exposes part of the huge Ruger but does not bring it up menacingly.  It should be enough that they know the weapon is in his hand already while they still have to draw theirs.  "So, boys.  You gonna tell me if you got the cook lad, Jimmy?  I do not want to be rough about it here, but......."  Athos leaves the implied threat in the air as he looks from one to the other of the bikers.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (22:25:38/08-22-15)
Artie mutters a curse and turns back to where the other bikes... and Athos... are waiting.

Looking down she sees him waving the rugged.  Stopping, she waits, ready to back him up if need be but content to let him knock around a few heads on his own.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (22:36:17/08-22-15)
@Minnie - "Jimmy?- he is at the Bar today, haven't seen him in a couple of hours."

@Athos - They seem a bit scared, they are nothing more than teenagers maybe 13 or 14 years old.  Perhaps the newest recruits stayed behind to pay.  "Humminis do not hurt humans trog, everybody knows that!... and please rough us up, you will only convince the world that trogs are too violent to be considered people"
 The teenager speaks with strong words, but you can clearly sense that he is reciting, the phrases he heard before. His body language, and his friends that seem to slowly step back toward their bikes tell you a completely different story. They are terrified.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (22:42:28/08-22-15)
"But," Minnie struggled to maintain her calm using all her hard learned skills but her tail was flitting anxiously behind her, "he and I were talking at the bar just fifteen minutes ago.  He invited me to Skelton!  Gino was there watching us from the table where he was talking to Athos.  Can I please talk to Gino?  It may be an emergency!"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:42:50/08-22-15)
Athos sighs and puts the gun in its holster.  "Look, fellas.  I do not want to beat you up or hurt you in any way.  I just need to know about Jimmy.  You know the guy at the bar that was talking nice to the mouse girl.  Some of your friends might not have liked that.  Am I right?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (22:55:38/08-22-15)
@Minnie, "Just go back to your table, I'll have Gino with you in a short while. Jimmy is a good boy... he never had a girlfriend before, you better be good to him... " 
 He is not waiting for replay. He is back at managing his kitchen -  he seems very strict.

@Athos  "It is not your false, but you are a monster man... you can't help it... we have no idea who Jimmy is - but there was this person that the elders took for a ride, the did not hurt him or anything."
 As you are speaking to him you see that the rest of the teenagers just turn their back and run.
The one you are talking to looks at them and then looks at you. He freezes, horrified by you. "Please monster, do not kill me." He reaches out for his wallet and hands it to you saying "I have money... please"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (23:02:09/08-22-15)
Deciding to take the kitchen manager's words as an invitation, Yulia scampers quickly through the kitchen taking advantage of all her her agility and returns to the dining area to see if Jimmy was back at the bar.  She'll keep her eye's peeled for Jimmy or Gino as she moves.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (23:11:27/08-22-15)
@Minnie, a waiter quickly cleans up the mess you just left, Jimmy never returns but Gino does show up about 10 minutes later.  He asks the waiter to quickly fetch two cups of coffee, greets you and say "I have just a few minutes, the place is loaded and I have a lot to do... you'll have to join me for coffee break"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (23:18:28/08-22-15)
Knowing that Athos or the cat would have let her know if they had found the absent boy, she followed the owner, intent on telling him what her gut believed despite her heart's objection.  As soon as they were out of public earshot, she blurted, "I think Jimmy's been kidnapped by the Humanis goons.  He went on a break after I couldn't give him an answer for a date and he didn't come back.  Now both he and the trash are gone."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:24:45/08-22-15)
Athos holds up his empty hands and looks squarely at the frightened boy.  "I do not want to hurt you, lad.  Just tell me where they took him for a ride.  You can keep the money.  Just talk, please."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:12:53/08-23-15)
@Minnie Gino sighs. "I wouldn't say kidnapped, these are trying to get his trust for months now. I told him they are scum but he keeps trying to educate them about metahuman equality. By now Jimmy should know most of that darn gnag. If he did ride with them, he probobly did so willingly. His heart is in a good place, but he is still a bit naive and thinks that everybody is as pure as his own." He writes you his number on a piece of paper, saying "If you are interested tough, you should call him."  Minnie can't be but a bit surprised that Gino still uses old school pen and paper.

@Athos - The teen say "Usually after breakfest they are doing the 'ride', visiting all gang assets one after another, we are too young for the 'ride' you can only join... later."

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (04:20:58/08-23-15)
Minnie takes the proffered note with a smile that belied her continued anxiety for the boy.  "Thank you, Gino.  I really appreciate it.  Both the number and the info."  She rises from her chair.  "I should let you get back to work.  I also best find Athos pretty soon or he may break a few heads that don't apparently deserve to be broken."  She paused for a moment before adding, "Yet."  She then excuses herself from the office.

She slips back out of the restaurant quickly, this time through the front main door, and scans for Athos before he might do something they'd come to regret.  If it wasn't already too late.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (04:45:07/08-23-15)
Having noted Athos and the remaining kid still talking, Yulia takes a breath and slips over to play "good cop".

Very good cop.

Sexy cop from the nether planes.

Slipping totally into her Minnie persona, a part of her that may as well BE her for all the years she spent existing almost exclusively for catering to the fantasies and fetishes of men and more than a few women, she oozed over to the frightened boy from behind

"Onii," she cood in a cute voice, "are you being a meanie to this handsome young gentleman"  She resists the urge to stroke the boy with her tail, keeping in mind his bigoted nature and knowing that would not have the effect it had on most of her clients.  "How about we let old Athos here cool his jets and you can tell me what it's like to ride with your crew."

Minnie's snuggles her assets through her business suit against the boy's back with her voice dripping the sweet, sticky possibilities.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seduction (8+2)d6t5: 3 [10d6t5=6, 2, 4, 5, 4, 2, 5, 2, 1, 1] (http://orokos.com/roll/319073)

Not the best roll, but at least the two 1's and the 2 are at the end if there were any reductions of dice I didn't know about.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:32:13/08-23-15)
@Minnie - You can see that the boy responds to you, the fear the disgust the temptation, you imagine him extremely confused as you can feel that his body clearly responds.  He is blushed when he faces you and say: "I... I... I can take you on my bike"

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (08:00:12/08-23-15)
"You mean it?" Minnie lights up excitedly.  "I've never ridden a bike before!" 

Almost a true statement, she adds just to herself.  This would be only her third time on one, and the first time on real streets.  Despite knowing the risk she was about to take, the idea of riding through the sprawl behind a cute boy and of using her best skills to manipulate this mess and get Jimmy back excited her despite herself.  It was a story straight out of the 20th Century novels she was so fond of.  She could do this and come out in one piece!  Or at least she thought she could...

She keeps her voice youthful and childish as she chatters on soothingly, making it seem she's a dim bulb despite the sharp business suit she wore for the meeting with Dame Valentina.  She slides smoothly back behind the boy and snakes her arms around his midsectrion, slipping her hands under his jacket just a tiny bit and making sure to tease the sensitive flesh along his sides as best she can through his clothing before grasping her hands together at his stomach.  "Does that mean I get to hold on like this?" she cooed.

Since she was again behind the boy, when she peered around him she could see Athos without her own face being seen by the boy.  Through the grin on her face required to keep the charade going she tried to put all the hard steel she could into her eyes.  I'm going to rescue Jimmy and frag you if you try to stop me, was written in her two brown orbs.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (08:44:59/08-23-15)
Unlike other gangs Huminis was a political movement, an ideological statement of human purity. Formally, Humanis does not oppose other metatypes, formally their ideology talks about segregation, a segregation that seemed to conform with reality very well. Troll and Orcs typically lived with each other, Elves liked the company of their own people and even formed their own countries. The scary thing about Humanis is the rumors about them, whenever an orc orphanage was burned to the ground, Humanis activists were involved. The criminals arrested always seemed ecstatic about these ideas, but the formal movement that included politicians and businessmen as well as common thugs always distanced itself from these acts. Yet, Humanis charities were only accessible for humans, they were the most common around town and a lot of city funding went directly to them.

Minnie is a bit terrified to be taken by a teenage boy into a Humanis layer, but she is surprised where he actually takes her. It is a meeting with Michael Kearney, a local Humanis politician at the local Bellevue community center. As the two enter, Minnie can see a very lively debate between Jimmy and Michael, with an entire crowd of Humanis supporters. Apparently, the formal goal is to bring Jimmy and few other teenagers closer to the ideology of Humanis.  However, Minnie quickly discovers that little Jimmy is quite a talker himself.  (When he is not talking to her that is). She is awed by his charisma and articulate phrasing and Jimmy seems like a very bright young adult. She watches him for a short while speaking all excited about metahuman equality and integration.

She does not have much time to stay tough, if she wants to make it to the meeting with Valentina she can only stay for a short while.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (10:35:20/08-23-15)
Minnie watches and listens attentively to what is going on around her.  Taking full advantage of her secretarial AR set which is centered on her eyeglasses, she records everything she sees and hears.  She wants to share it with Athos later.  She texts Athos regularly to keep her cyber'd troll friend assured that she is perfectly fine.  She even sends some stills of Jimmy going toe to toe, debate-wise of course, with Michael.  Using her mapsoft which is loaded in the AR set, she identifies the closest landmark where Athos could pick her up without causing a stir.  A social services office, Stuffer Shack, Nukit Burger, Hacker's Delight - the sort of place where a troll-driven car coming down the street and stopping for a few moments to pick up a tiny human wouldn't cause a riot or attract authorities.  She sends the location details and tells him she'll be waiting at 11:00am.

There's more to Jimmy than I realized, she muses to herself as she tries to be as unobtrusive as possible for a human of her appearance.  The unexpectedly businesslike setting helps her a lot.  Her unremarkable, gray business suit was intended to minimize the noticabiliity of her ears and tail, and she keeps both still to prevent movement from catching any eyes.  While part of her wants Jimmy to notice her, the last thing she wants to do is cause the boy problems in such a potentially charged situation.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:52:06/08-23-15)
As Minnie watches, her 'date' comments 'what a loser' toward Jimmy. When he get Minnie's attention, he seems very eager to get into her panties and the physical intimacy that she established previously backfires when the young teenager tries to kiss her.  If she kisses him back to keep appearances he suggests. 'so baby... do you want to fool around? I can find us some vacant room... and everyone are listening to the boring debate...'
 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:02:11/08-23-15)
Athos watches his friend turn on her seductive charm with mixed emotions.  On the one hand he can appreciate what she is trying to do, but on the other he does not like to see her take this kind of risk where he cannot support her.  He puts his hands down and remains silent as Minnie works her seduction on the boy biker.  There is no misunderstanding the look she gives him as anything other than butt out, so he does.  Backing off, he looks on as Minnie gets on the bike with the boy, wraps her lovely arms around him, and rides off.

Athos stands for a bit in the parking lot, wondering where the frag Artie had got to.  Last he remembered, she had done one of her magical leaps to the roof of the building and taken off after the bikers.  Now he has two friends to worry about.  He pulls out his commlink and sends a message to her.  >>Artie, Athos.  Are you OK?  Minnie has gone off with some bikers to see Jimmy and make sure that he is alright.  She will send a message when she gets to wherever he is.  I have some money to give to you and will wait in Gino's parking lot for a bit.  If we do not link up here, meet me at the casino.  Call me if you need me.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (11:24:14/08-23-15)
Not wanting to cause a scene, Minnie goes through the motions of petting and even kissing while her real focus remains on Jimmy and Michael.  She had years of practice blowing an experienced client's mind while her own was off in places like the Caribbean Islands, Hogwarts, or Darkover.  Keeping a teenager hooked was nothing.  Unfortunately, although not at all surprisingly, the petting eventually leaves him wanting more.  While she'd have had no problem obliging the kid if it didn't pull her away from the debate up front, there was no way even giving the kid a blow wouldn't draw attention in the busy room.  Like the kid intimated, they'd have to leave for a 'vacant ' space.  And with her luck, the moment she headed down a hallway hand in hand with some random boy would be when Jimmy would notice her.  That thought seems to bother her the most.

She tries redirection.  "But what about that older guy?" she asks indicating Michael with her head even as her hands play the boy like a fine instrument.  With any luck, making the kid use his brain while his body experienced some of her more distracting foreplay that was still (more or less) appropriate in public might stall until she'd have to bail anyway to meet Athos.  "He seems really smart.  Have you met him?  What's he like?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:47:53/08-23-15)
Athos waits in the parking lot for a while to see if Artie comes back.  If she appears, he gives her 200 nuyen for gambling expenses and 100 for half of the agreed upon fee for being at the casino.  If she does not appear he stews for a bit before calming down.  After all there is nothing he can do for either of them at this point.  Climbing into his car he heads for home to change his clothes for the meeting with Valentina.  He did not want to wear his meeting clothes to breakfast in case he spilled something.  It would be bad form to show up to the meet with food stains on one's clothes.

At home, he receives the first message from Minnie and is relieved.  One worry down, but still one to go.  He believes that Artie must have managed to follow the bikers that had taken Jimmy, but why has she not called him?  He takes the time to get out one of his best suits, once again marveling at the artisanship of the tailor that could make even a Troll look good.  The suit was worth every nuyen he had paid for it.  Just wearing it almost made him feel that he had made it out of the Barrens.  Almost.  Some part of him would always be in the Barrens.  He gets two additional updates from Minnie as he is dressing and is satisfied that she is OK.  Checking his 'link for about the hundredth time for a message from Artie, he scowls.  *Frag.  I hope she is OK.  Girl can take care of herself, but .......*  Athos leaves the rest of that sentence unspoken in his mind.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:39:13/08-23-15)
Not wanting to cause a scene, Minnie goes through the motions of petting and even kissing while her real focus remains on Jimmy and Michael.  She had years of practice blowing an experienced client's mind while her own was off in places like the Caribbean Islands, Hogwarts, or Darkover.  Keeping a teenager hooked was nothing.  Unfortunately, although not at all surprisingly, the petting eventually leaves him wanting more.  While she'd have had no problem obliging the kid if it didn't pull her away from the debate up front, there was no way even giving the kid a blow wouldn't draw attention in the busy room.  Like the kid intimated, they'd have to leave for a 'vacant ' space.  And with her luck, the moment she headed down a hallway hand in hand with some random boy would be when Jimmy would notice her.  That thought seems to bother her the most.

She tries redirection.  "But what about that older guy?" she asks indicating Michael with her head even as her hands play the boy like a fine instrument.  With any luck, making the kid use his brain while his body experienced some of her more distracting foreplay that was still (more or less) appropriate in public might stall until she'd have to bail anyway to meet Athos.  "He seems really smart.  Have you met him?  What's he like?"

The teen seems amazed "That guy?!... he actually believes that nonsense about segregation, and how it is the best solution for us all... He is so naive, he ignores the fact that trogs are murder monsters that just want to enslave us all. " While you seem to keep the petting 'socially acceptable' the teenager is so turned on that he dose not seem to care at all who watches. His hands are getting more and more bold, and you feel that you are not the one initiating already. If you do not stop him somehow you will soon be half naked at the back of the hall. Apparently Minnie's sexual skills are a little to much for a teenage boy to contain. He is going insane.
 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (13:13:24/08-23-15)
Minnie sighs internally, but doesn't let it show.  She's gathered what she needs.  Anything else can wait until she can talk again to Jimmy.  The note she left at the bar should let him know of her interest. 

Trying to  quietly guide the boy (http://orokos.com/roll/319178) to the least likely exit to be noticed by someone in the front of the room, namely Jimmy, she coaxes the boy out of sight of the crowd.  Only then does she permit the now almost mindless teen to lead her wherever he had in mind.  The sooner she can leave the boy in exhausted bliss, the quicker she can bail, clean herself up, and ensure she's on time for pick up by Artos.  As they reach the 'vacant space' he had in mind, she focuses on ensuring her professional clothes are removed and piled in a manner which will leave them suitable afterwards for the planned meeting.  Once down to her lace, she toys with the boy using hands and tail, squeaking to his touch in a cutesy mousy manner to enhance the ambiance her marquee attributes allow.  She knows the longer she can keep him from bursting, the more torpid he will be after his release and the easier it will be for her to slip out before he can protest.  It's not easy given his inexperience to keep him from acting prematurely (http://orokos.com/roll/319176), but she manages.

Poor boy, she muses as she brings him to glorious climax.  I've broken him so nothing will ever compare again...

Only later does she realize, red faced, that her AR set had recorded the whole thing...  ::)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:44:10/08-23-15)
@Minnie, the boy is like clay in your hands. You play his body like a musical instrument. The problem is, that the same boy that now tries to cuddle you and sends an innocent thankful, completely involve look at you. All he wants now is to snuggle.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (14:17:17/08-23-15)
Minnie notes the time on her glasses - 10:32am.  She knew it would take her about 10 minutes to make it to the nearest Stuffer Shack where she'd meet up with Artos. Okay, maybe 15 if she didn't want to sweat in her suit and mess up her makeup more than the boy's awkward kisses had already done.  She made soft noises and stroked the lazing kid in ways she knew to encourage postplay sleep.  She'd figured out years ago that her Family pimps didn't care what went on in her bedroom with clients as long as she kept them happy for their allotted time.  If that meant putting up with beatings (within limits) and total humiliation, well that's what they paid for.  If she could encourage them to sleep some of that time, though, better for her.

By 10:37 the boy was in dreamland (http://orokos.com/roll/319184).  She carefully slipped out of his arms (http://orokos.com/roll/319185) and returned to her piled clothing.  She dressed herself again as best she could without a mirror and by 10:45am she was slipping quietly out the nearest exit (http://orokos.com/roll/319186) she'd spotted and which didn't seem to be set to alarm when opened.  She then ran at an easy pace (http://orokos.com/roll/319187) to get to the rendezvous point.

[spoiler]Note that I had set up a plan for getting to the meeting with Valentina in a previous post (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21754.msg394151#msg394151).

Note also that I like to write in prose style.  I'll include my rolls as links.  If one fails, indicate in the response where that happened and describe the result.  I'll mod the post to accommodate the change and then go from there in the new one.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (14:42:13/08-23-15)
Artie watched the exchange in the parking lt and then shrugged.  Mice will do whatever to survive.

After the bike rolled off, she hopped down from the roof.

"Well, Athos... there's that then."

He nodded and then handed her the nuyen.

"Right, I'll be there.  She patted him on the back and then left him to his thoughts.

-----

Getting to the Casino on time wasn't a problem, and neither was getting in.  A Barrens girl she might be, but she didn't dress like one, the Sleeping Tiger making her a fit for the streets and amongst the elite.  The folds of the coat and her own skills kept the security guards from finding anything she didn't't want them to find, and she took an hour to get a good feel for the place, the exits, the paths, and a route that would keep her close and able to see the most.

While doing so, she called her fixer.  Switz, so called because he was neutral, just like 'Switzerland'... whatever that meant, she thought Switzerland was some asshole country that was all fragged up, but whatever...

>>@Switz (Artie) Yo, chummer.  I need a quick hand.  You got a bithead (decker)  who can check out a toy I got?  Nothing special, just someone who could use a handful of nuyen or maybe a favor.  Let me know.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:08:10/08-23-15)
@Artie Switz answer>> I know a girl... Roxxy. she is a bit different... you'll understand when you see her but a professional never the less. You are welcome!.  Artie knew that nothing came free with Switz and that he will ask her some favor in the future. Switz gave her the comcode for Roxxy.
[spoiler]
Yes, the PC ;) feel free to contact Roxxy.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (16:06:38/08-23-15)
>>@Roxxy (Artie) Hoy, omae.  You don't know me, but we may have a mutual friend, fella we call 'Switz'.  Anyhow, I asked him for a bithead and he tossed me your name.  Looking at a mini-drone and hoping to figure out if it means anything.  Nothing big, just want it checked out for a... chummer of mine.  Figure out where it might have come from.  If that's something you can do, let me know.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (17:40:25/08-23-15)
Athos carefully makes his way through traffic to get to the Stuffer Shack rendezvous with Minnie.  "You OK, Yulia?  Try not to worry me too much, would ya?"  He helps his friend into the car and gives her time to rearrange her hair and makeup.  He observes her through the rear-view mirror as he asks, "See Jimmy?  He alright?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:09:55/08-23-15)
Minnie slips quickly into the car and belts in so that Athos can keep them moving.  She doesn't want to be seen here herself, and she definitely doesn't want her troll friend to draw any more attention than absolutely necessary.  "I'm soory, Onii," she says after settling in.  She then pulls out the touch up bag she keeps under Athos' enormous seat for just such occasions.  She fills Athos in on the skinny while working to spiff up her hair, fur, and face.

"I couldn't just abandon him if he was in trouble because of me," she continues while primping.  "In the end, I was silly to worry.  Like I said in my text, old man Gino was right - he went willingly. More than that, he seems right at home in front of a crowd arguing with some honcho of the Humanis peeps," she kept explaining as her hands worked her face with brush, sponge, and stick.  "He's a smooth talker, which kinda floored me since he can't seem to get three words out at a time around me." 

She smirks as she remembers the poor boy trying to ask her out.  Was that only three hours ago? she muses to herself.

"Anyway, once I was sure Jimmy would be fine I spent a few minutes tipping my ride there and then bolted for that Stuffer Shack.  Easy peasy lemon sqeezy."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (18:30:56/08-23-15)
Athos watches her expression in the mirror.  "Must have been some tip.  You OK with that?  And you can quit worrying, you look great."  *Better than great.*

He watches the road the rest of the drive to the casino.  Once in the lot there, he opens the door for his friend and they go to the casino.  The Gates places is actually one of his favorite haunts.  Athos had laid out a bundle to get one of the exclusive membership passes to the club and casino and was known there.  The pass allowed him and Minnie to bypass the normal entrance line, something he rarely took advantage of, but today that aspect came in handy.  The large Troll at the door nodded at him and held open the velvet rope for them to enter.  "Good morning, Mr. Blue.  It is a pleasure to see you again.  And you as well, Miss.  Please enjoy your stay inside."

Athos shakes hands with the slightly smaller Troll, surreptitiously palming him a 30 nuyen note.  After all, it never hurts to show appreciation and Athos can remember when he might have killed for a job like this one.  At the entrance to the lounge, the hostess casually nods to the entrance next to the one with all the scanners.  Athos's position in the family means he does not have to go through the scans or leave his weapons at the door.  There is indeed something to be said for being a made man in the Finnigan family.

Entering the lounge, Athos does a quick scan for Artie, not really expecting to see her.  Minnie takes up a position a couple of feet back and to the left to signify her place as his special assistant and the pair head off to the section of the main restaurant reserved for the Finnigan bosses.  Athos spares a look at his companion and friend.  "Uncurl the tail and straighten the ears.  You are the prettiest girl here and if people are looking it is because they are jealous of me walking with you.  We are going in to meet our destiny.  Null sweat, Omae."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:57:02/08-23-15)
Minnie's curled tail and drooped ears had more to do with discovering that she recorded her "tipping" of the Humanis boy back at the community center than nervousness at what was in store for them with Dame Valentina.  THAT little show was something she never intended to share with Athos, but she saved the file just in case it might come in handy some day.  Who knew if in ten years that kid might be in a position where such a file might come in handy for 'persuasion'?  That was about the ONLY way it'd ever see the light of day if she could help it, though.

She let her tail rise proudly behind her and straightened her ears as Athos requested, giving him her bravest smile with his final words of encouragement.  She didn't speak, though, since her role now was to be just another useful device for her employer.  She brought up her business suite through her AR set and to perform whatever secretarial actions might be required.  At the same time, the action permitted her to scan their surroundings in AR (http://orokos.com/roll/319255) as well as real sight (http://orokos.com/roll/319256).  As she entered new rooms or hallways she'd take a quick peek in astral as well (http://orokos.com/roll/319252).

By the time they approached the room where they'd meet Dame Valentina, Yulia was submerged into her Minnie persona insofar that she existed to give those she served, in this case Athos and Dame Valentina, exactly what was expected of her.  Her own feelings were buried to the point where she wasn't even aware of them anymore.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (19:19:52/08-23-15)
Athos unconsciously straightens his suit as they approach the roped off area.  He nods to the two guards at the opening and casually hands one of them his huge revolver.  Even a made man has to surrender his weapons in the presence of Valentina Finnigan.  Once in he moves over to where Valentina is sitting and kneels in front of her to kiss her family ring, saying "Dona Finnigan".  When she motions for him to stand he does so, nodding to the family consiglieri sitting at her right.  Athos stands quietly, waiting for the words that will either promise greater responsibility and authority or send him to an ignoble death.  He is calm, having steadied himself for either.  He is cheered by the presence of a chair sized for a Troll, but does not let that show.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (19:31:16/08-23-15)
Minnie remains exactly two human paces behind and one to the left of Athos as they move into the room.  When Athos kneels she does as well, making sure to lower herself an equivalent amount and then just a little more.  She rises with Athos, but otherwise may as well be part of the furniture.  She pointedly does NOT assense when in the presence of Dame Valentina.  That would be rude and she was sure there were awakened security members nearby watching her for exactly such a misstep.  Her abilities were well known to the Family, of course.  Her glasses were still showing an AR overlay, however, and her meat senses were alert.  She knew if Dame Valentina wished her dead, she would become dead.  She accepted that.  But if something happened from any other quarter, she was prepared to protect Athos to the best of her ability.  Dame Valentina, too, as long as that didn't conflict with keeping Athos alive.  She didn't need weapons to be deadly...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (21:32:36/08-23-15)
Artie watched the two enter and move through the casino and into the back.  They did n't appear to notice her, which was fine, she was aiming not to be noticed.  While they walked through, she scanned to see who was taking note (http://orokos.com/roll/319296), if anyone, then moved through to ensure that she could keep track of anything suspicious.

She managed to get a few table games in and came out even, for the most part... there was nothing to indicate that she was here for any reason other than a little fun.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (00:10:48/08-24-15)
@Athos, Minnie With all the horror stories you heard about Dame Valentina nothing prepare you to the plain, middle aged woman that you meet. Could she really be the one to rid the family of even the most powerful trouble makers?  Fifth in command, if you entered that room for an assassination or even for business Valentina would probably be the last person you would target. First of all she is under dressed. While all the men in the room are wearing expensive suits, Valentina’s suit is clearly very cheap. She has no expensive jewelry and is not wearing any sort of makeup. In that room it makes her almost invisible, not very different then the casino employees, or some small time gambler  that was drugged to this room for cheating.  Can she really be one of the most powerful people in the family?

Even the most junior bodyguards are dressed better than her. Athos and Minnie are greeted inside - by almost everyone in that room. They seem to be the focus of attention, they are the only unarmed people in that room except for Dame Valentina.  To Minnie the situation is a bit less pleasant as she  identifies Tony, one of her most uncomfortable diamond clients in that reception room.  Tony is not into beatings or humiliations (tanks god) - yet he seems to know exactly how to manipulate her into doing his bidding and she is going out of her way to please him. He probobly knows Minnie's body more than her girlfriend. But it is not only her body, their long relationship have taught him exactly where her pressure points are. Minnie feels all worked up after pleasing that guy and he can find flaws in her techniques no matter how perfect they are.  Even after she did her best and he clearly enjoyed himself, he never once gave her a satisfied look. “Not bad” was the most she could get out of him. Tony’s presence is making her very uncomfortable, she usually needs all her mental energies just to face him.

Like the rest, Tony gives a polite handshake to Minnie and Athos. He introduces himself and then goes to his business, he does nothing to embarrass Minnie. Yet, she feel so vulnerable just for having him around.
Finally, Valentina approaches Athos “Come please, we have a wonderful lunch in the second room just for us.” says Valentina.  Her voice is pleasant and the awkwardness is suddenly all gone. It is very difficult not to feel comfortable around Valentina and she seems nothing like the myths that surrounds her.

At the next room they are alone with a dedicated waiter and a small table. "They have the most exquisite red wine if you like".  They quickly discover that Valentina actually knows quite a bit about the food, she even fixes the waiter a few times when his explanation is not accurate. She does so in a very friendly manner, she seem to expect even their waiter to be flawless. Is she really going to execute him afterwards just for not knowing what year the wine was? Can she be that terrible?

@Artie (and Minnie) - casino attendance is sparse but that place is very secure. You identify firing platforms very delicately assembled into the slot machines as well as a very powerful jammer that makes all electronics stop working. If you enter the Gates you leave all your troubles behind. She identify that someone is watching her, some black jack lady that sneaks a peak at her any once in a while. Artie can say that she is professional security despite the way she dress and act. She somehow manages to be aware of Artie even while playing with some of the patrons. Talking to them and making them comfortable and distracted. Somehow, that woman just knew that Artie is worth being aware of.

Minnie - you also identify very powerful wards and watcher spirits that assense anyone on the entrance. Most casinos have strong magical security, most of them will never let the awakened even play. After all, some of these awakened can cause extreme trouble to the casino. The Gates is one of the casinos that do let awakened play, but that only implies that their magical security is strong enough to prevent them from cheating.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:15:35/08-24-15)
Athos was reared on the stories of what Valentina had done to secure her place in the Finnigan family.  She may have been fifth in command, but her influence was felt in almost every facet of the gang's business.  It is unlikely that anyone not in the family would know just how powerful the woman really is.  There were almost as many rumors about her as there were people telling them, but one thing was sure; she was all business and her closest associates were completely loyal to her.

Athos also recognizes Tony and knows that he is one of the "special" clients that Minnie sees on occasion.  He also knows that Minnie is always very uncomfortable around Tony.  She has so far refused to talk about it, but Athos knows something is wrong between them.  He turns and motions for Minnie to wait then follows Valentina into the private room, sits in the chair offered and quietly waits for Valentina to come to her point.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:42:56/08-24-15)
@Athos - Valentina does not seem to come to any point. You have a pleasant conversation and she seems very interested in you.  You never talked to her before, yet she is quite knowledgeable about you and your motivations. The closest she gets to the point is when she asks Athos: "So how do you like Bellevue?" is she referring to the trust fund he was recently awarded apparently for no particular reason. None of the other members of his standing had such a fund. Yet, no one in the family explained why, or expected him to do anything out of the ordinary in order to get it. Athos could almost believe that it was some random computer error, almost. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:51:14/08-24-15)
Athos continues to wait for Valentina to get to what she is after.  When it comes to his new house, he smiles and talks of the things that he has done to it.  He does not take his eyes off Valentina and answers her questions directly and with respect.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:56:12/08-24-15)
@Minnie, Once Athos is gone Tony approaches you and say "Please accompany me to room 3" You understand by now that this is not a request, but what can Tony possibly want right now in the middle of everything. He is not exactly the guy for a quickie. It can take you hours to please him and even then, he does not seem very pleased.

@Athos Valentina asks you "What is the different between Bellevue and the Barrens? the richest and the poorest districts are so close and yet so far. So I am asking you makes them so far apart? "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:17:17/08-24-15)
Athos wishes he had Minnie's head for quick thinking as well as her head for facts and figures.  As it is, he will just have to do the best he can.  He considers his words carefully.  "Dona Valentina.  I would say that the main reason is the people themselves.  Those of us who grow up and live in the Barrens have little hope of ever leaving the Barrens.  At the same time, most cannot really see themselves anywhere else.  The Barrens breeds survivors; people that, although very different from each other, will stand together against most authority.  Corporations or City government, it makes no difference.  The people of the Barrens stand for themselves and will band together in a most unusual way to defy outsiders.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:23:44/08-24-15)
@Athos Valentina continue : "but things are changing now, aren't they? " You couldn't have missed it. The fear in people eyes, the evacuation of complete neighborhoods from all but the most desperate or bravest. Dead bodies in the streets, rumors of Shedim, the futile attacks on Bellevue. Threats for airstrikes in national television did not help, a new generation of gang wars.  The recent month was very difficult on Barren people.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:34:43/08-24-15)
Athos nods.  "Yes, Dona Valentina.  Things have been getting worse.  There are rumors of shedim in the neighborhoods, but I have met no one who has actually seen any.  Just plenty of people who are willing to spread rumors after embellishing them.  I am more willing to believe shedim are in the Barrens when I see them.  But there is no denying that people are scared.  May I ask, Dona valentine, what the family interest is in such rumors?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:39:59/08-24-15)
@Athos Valentina continues "Power does not just happen overnight, it is the result of many delicate moves and careful investments. Where most see fear the family sees an investment opportunity. What if there are Shedim in the Barrens, what do you think will happen then? Can you suggest a relevant precedent?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:55:26/08-24-15)
Athos nods again.  "Yes, Dona Valentina.  Well, I am not sure if it is truly relevant, but the bugs in Chicago.  Eventually the government had to cordon off part of the city.  But the bugs were real and many people saw them."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:10:07/08-24-15)
Valentina answers:
There are many forces deeply invested in this panic. From big corporations that see this as an aggressive marketing campaign, to politicians looking to become popular, the family believes that this genie will not easily return to its bottle - even if there are no Shedim.

If things continue to evolve as they are parts of the barrens are going be sealed off from the rest of the world. The family estimates that after Chicago - the government would rather err on the side of caution.  SINless that do not vote, and the average citizens expects their goverment to protect them even if it means making life more difficult to the SINless.

We are not here to discuss national politics tough, these things are too big for the family. If we accept the assumption that parts of the Barrens are going to be sealed of from the rest of the world. Either because of real Shedim, or because  of a brilliant conspiracy - these things are over our heads. What would you suggest the family to do in that case?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (08:59:45/08-24-15)
Minnie doesn’t even think twice about following Tony.  She’d been conditioned since childhood to NEVER question a request or instruction from a high profile client.  They say jump, the answer isn’t how high but rather to already know and do it dripping sensuality.  As it was, there wasn’t anything she could do for Athos right now and given Tony’s presence she was certain his role in whatever was unfolding had Dame Valentina’s full knowledge if not blessing.

Although it never occurred to her to resist Tony’s summons, she was perplexed with what he had planned for her right here and now.  She’d never been able to quite figure the man out.  He was a master manipulator.  Mouse had helped her recognize that.  Only now, however, was she just beginning to recognize his role in training her.  Tony began visiting her when she rose to taking diamond clients alone, rather than just as the child assistant to a more experienced “escort”, at a nearly unheard of young age of twelve.  Obviously some kids were “fed” alone to those with less acceptable appetites, but those kids were considered throw aways.  Minnie was being groomed for greater, long-term, things. 

Tony was the one doing much of the grooming.

When her inconvenient adept abilities had manifested, and especially after she killed a particularly abusive but well-placed and lucrative client, her official handlers proposed having her cybered up to kill her talent.  It would have the added benefit of permitting her to be hooked on BTL and opened up infinite sim options.  Tony had personally intervened.  She never knew the details, but he’d become much more stern with her after that.  Only very recently had she come to realize the level to which the man mastered the art of conditioning.  She literally could not fight back in her bedroom – the one where she entertained clients.  She knew for a fact that, if he walked in on her as a client in that room, that pathetic Humanis boy she had just shagged back at the community center could beat her to death and she’d die smiling and blowing his mind with pleasure as he rained down the blows.

So yes, Tony was an enigma to her.  She owed the man her adept talents and the fact that she was still in control of her mind.  She suspected…no she KNEW…that her current freedom was permitted with his permission if not blessing.  She could only guess what game he was playing.  She just knew that for now she was no better than a pawn in it.  Maybe someday she’d graduate to a rook.  Maybe someday she’d reach queen status.  But she doubted she’d ever be anything more than a piece in his oh-so-talented hands.

And for now that piece was following meekly to Room 3, awaiting whatever Fate had in store for her.  For her, Fate wore the face of the man ushering her into a private room.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:31:37/08-24-15)
@Minnie The two enter Room 3 and Tony locks the door behind them. The room has nothing but a table and two chairs. That nothing is striking, the walls are white, there are no pictures, no carpet on the floor, It is clean, too clean, sterile would be a better word to describe that. He lets Yulia appreciate this nothingness and then asks her “Do you know where you are?”
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (10:19:02/08-24-15)
Minnie blinked at the strange question, her mind racing as she tried to follow the cunning man’s game.  Any number of thoughts came to mind, from obvious to snarky.  None seemed likely what he was looking for, and most would probably find her back in her room for more training.  Instead she just shook her head, her ears drooped, and waited for him to tell her where she was.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:37:46/08-24-15)
Athos thinks for a minute, his mind racing.  For Valentina to be asking such questions of someone of his status in the family is unheard of.  This really could be his chance and the wrong answer could send him back to obscurity.  "Dona Valentina, I can see an opportunity for growth.  If we stop what is happening, we can emerge as a champion of the people, gaining significant ground on our rivals.  If we could uncover evidence of complicity by the Triads or the Yaks, we could even do better, slicing off chunks of their territory."  He goes silent, waiting to see if he had answered correctly.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:53:39/08-24-15)
@Minnie:  This is an interrogation room -  every casino has one we have three. This is where big cheaters are taken to. You see, small cheaters they get roughed up by security and then tossed off to the Barrens. For big cheaters there are two options, recruitment or death. This room is my office, you can say. I look at talented people, sense them talk to them and decide if they are more useful dead or alive. I’ve been doing that for many years now. Do you know why you are here right now?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (11:09:46/08-24-15)
Minnie thought hard on her answer.  She doubted deferential silence would cut it again.  On the other hand, she wasn’t confident enough to give her answer right off.  This may be an offer to graduate to a rook in his game.  It could be that she wanted his little pawn to march to her likely lethal fate.  Maybe she could fish a bit before she answered…

“If you wanted me back between the sheets full time, I’d be there and not here.”  It wasn’t much, but this may have been the first time in years she’d done anything but immediately respond to his command.  When he didn’t immediately frown, or worse, it gave her confidence and her ears perked up just a smidge.  “You wouldn’t need to bring me here to make that happen.”

She waited to discover his response to her reasoning.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:42:09/08-24-15)
Valentina looks as if she genuinely consider what you say and finally says. “Your plan is a bit naive, but I can see that your heart is in the right place. The family made a plan in that spirit, less ambitious than what you suggest but more inline with our long term goals.

The family is not going to figure out this crisis but, we are going to establish our own perimeter in addition to Bellevue perimeter. She shows you an AR map of Seattle, there are some crucial services in the Barrens that we already have a lot of influence in - these need to be protected at all costs. Then we expanded it a little to include residential areas as well as some successful business. The yellow area is where we want to establish Mafia influence.

We are going to establish a secure neighborhood adjacent to Bellevue, where businesses can prosper and crime can be eliminated. This will benefit the family greatly regardless of how real this new threat is. Our neighborhood will have its own perimeter, that is similar to the Bellevue perimeter only with our own people. 

As you can see there are some problems, this expansion, We have a common border to the east, with Yakuza territory, and the land we want overlaps with the territory of a small gang called the Brain Eaters. So there are two obstacles, first we want to negotiate with the Yakuza and establish an agreed border with them.

The Yakuza are too powerful for direct confrontation, they seem to be building their own army, and the Family wants minimal contact with them.  We made initial agreements to buy a warehouse that is on the wrong side of our border so that our contact with them can be kept to minimum.

I need you to close that deal, there are also two buildings near this warhouse that need to submit to Mafia influence and pay our taxes, or leave. We are going to have a many expenses in keeping the area safe, we need the support of the local population.

The other challenge is to completely eliminate the brain eaters, they are violent they terrorize bushiness and prevent growth, and they are too brutal and cannot be tolerated in a good neighborhood. But all in good time, for tonight you have 3 buildings to handle. A warehouse to buy and two that need to submit to Mafia influence. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:11:44/08-24-15)
@Minnie
Tony looks at you softly and let just a tiny bit of sympathy. “This prostitution really scared you, I wish it could be different.” This is as far as he goes. “You are not going to be full time between the sheets... not now not ever. You are growing too powerful for that.” He sizes you up, and pause for a second to let you digest the fact that your prostitution days are almost over.

“ You are approaching the critical point, as your talent improves,  your recruit or die moment. Your loyalty and emotional stability will be tested by someone like me. He will try to break you in many different ways. You must keep your cool. I wish I could do that for you, but after our long relationship I am emotionally connected to you. I wanted you to be in this room once before that moment, so that you can feel it, so that you can be ready. Everything I did to you these recent years was aimed for that test
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (13:10:15/08-24-15)
Artie noted the dealer and smiled when their eyes met before simply continuing on to her purpose.  She wasn't here to cause trouble for the casino and the casino wasn't where she expected trouble to come from.  Well, not that she could handle.  If Athos's people had it in for him, there was little she could do, here in this place.

If something else were to happen, she and the dealer would likely be allies.

That said, the watchful eye was a reminder that any attempt at cheating was probably the most horrible idea she could come up with, and so she kept her game small and made no pushes to big wins.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (13:41:28/08-24-15)
Minnie managed to maintain her compose at Tony’s revelation that his future plans for her did not involve the sheets.  True, she wasn’t being let off the hook of her remaining clients, at least not yet, but at least she knew…with the possible exception of Tony himself…how to satisfy them and none were overly…difficult.

As Tony continued, though, her relief was moderated.  So, she thought, the currency the Family is asking of me is changing, but they still expect to be paid.  She never believed she’d be allowed to just slip away from the Family, nor did she necessarily want that.  The Family was her life – she knew little else.  Athos was deep with them, and she was deep with him.  She also loved Nagisa, or at least thought she did.  She wanted to follow them where they went, and that path was paved by the Finnigan Family.  She would pass through the challenge Tony was laying before her.  She was smart enough to realize that to say no wasn’t an option.  It would end up with her dead or, worse, back in the sheets - brain-dim and her rapport with Mouse gone.

She’d never permit that.  She’d end herself before that happened.

No, the path Tony was laying before her was arduous, but it was the path she must take.

“I understand and accept,” was all she said, but her bright eyes, erect ears, and proud tail expressed far, far more than words ever could.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:06:14/08-24-15)
@Minnie, Tony approaches you so close that you can smell him and feel his breath. whispers in your ear “this test will be the most difficult thing you have ever experienced. They may hit you, torture you anything you can possibly think about is fair game. If you squick a bad word or try to defend yourself you will be killed. No matter what they will do to you you have to humbly accept it. You will never become an agent otherwise. Before the family can trust you they need to break you, emotionally, physically and mentally. You will be in this room for few days and you will come close to death.”

Then he tell you “You had sex recently, maybe few hours ago. I can still smell him.”. Examining your cloths he say “You seem to kept your clothes clean... almost” He shows you some little drool stain on your blouse. “You got a little dirty before you stripped; This is not good enough! You should always carry an extra set of clothes." He unbuttons your blouse and examines your chest and belly.“ Some minor scratches... on the back too - the lucky guy clearly enjoyed himself.” His hand wanders up your skirt, “But you didn’t... your mind was somewhere else.”

He sighs hold your hands and look you in the eyes. You can sense that these words are difficult for him.  “I have a confession Yulia, In my 20 years of service to the family, you are the first time that I disobeyed. I shouldn’t have told you that but I find the thought of you enduring this kind of torture more difficult than I thought, are you sure that these are the life you want? After this process is done there is no going back.”

Tony disobeyed an order, he just confessed that. If Yulia is loyal to the family she is expected to report it, but if she does, Tony might be killed, disobeying an order is the worst of crimes. Then again, why did he confess to her?


Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (17:26:08/08-24-15)
Tony’s description of the trial sounded little different from her experience as a Finnigan whore.  You gave the client the experience he or she desired.  Her reality didn’t matter.  Her feelings didn’t matter.  She was exactly what her client desired, acted as her client desired, felt as her client desired…suffered as her client desired.  She’d bent beyond breaking, yet here she was.  She’d persevered through the bedroom and was now being offered the world.  Maybe it would kill her.  Maybe it wouldn’t.  She knew the sheets would kill her, so the world was a good bet despite the risks.  She’d make Athos proud, or die trying.  Hopefully she’d have a chance to send a note to Nagisa beforehand, but if not…well she’d trust the Family to tie up her loose ends.

Tony’s next words also didn’t surprise her.  He was tougher than any UCAS drill instructor ever born.  She could give some great excuses – she didn’t expect to have sex when she prepared, she had nothing to carry more clothes in, heck she didn’t have two suits.  But those were excuses.  At her level you never gave excuses.  You made sure it never happens again…if you were lucky enough to get another chance.  At least he didn’t criticize her for taking a client less than seriously.  He would have been right to chide her for that, too.  Whether she was servicing the Chief Justice of the Seattle Superior Court or some Humanis flunky, if someone recieved her ministrations he or she deserved her best.

She was so intense absorbing the warnings and criticism that it took her a moment to recognise the gravity of Tony’s gaze into her eyes.  The vulnerability she saw there, fleeting but real, rocked her world.  She’d never seen this man vulnerable.  Heck, she didn’t think he was capable of being vulnerable.  Only then did she realize the meaning of some of his previous words.  She meant more to him than a valuable tool…a pawn.  He actually cared for her.  Enough to disobey.

The momentousness of his ‘confession’ was not lost on her.  Her pulse quickened not only from his touch but also as she processed what that meant.  She carefully considered his words and was relieved to realize Tony never did explain just WHAT he had done to disobey.  No…not one of his words crossed the line.  And she wanted to keep it that way.

She quickly raised her right hand to Tony’s face and placed a finger on his lips.  She didn’t say a word.  They’d both said enough.  She’d forever treasure the look in his eyes at this moment.  Come what may, she wanted his last image of her to be her soft smile.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:51:51/08-24-15)
@Minnie Tonny looks at you silently for a short moment. His eyes are different, all soft you can sense that he feels weak and vulnerable. He then passionately grabs you, and just smells you.  It is just as if he is trying to memorize your scent, perhaps it is his way to say goodbye. With a tear in his right eye he tells you, “I told Valentina that I wanted to have you one last time before your big day. Her condition was that I do not hint you anything. It was my test and I just failed it. You know what you have to do now.”
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:23:06/08-24-15)
Minnie stays silent as Tony speaks, but the gears of her mind are turning.  Ironically, intimacy sharpened her mind.  It made sense when you thought about it.  Her moments of greatest strain, the times she needed her wits the most, had all happened between the sheets.

This is part of my test, she realized while in Tony's arms.  This is just too different from the Tony I know.

She didn't let on to her epiphany, and her smile remained genuine.  She truly did believe Tony cared for her, but not enough to ruin his career, perhaps his life.  Certainly not when she had given him an easy out.  She wasn't sure when this knowledge would be most useful and so she stored it away.  She looked Tony in the eye, standing as tall as her 145cm frame would permit, and said simply, "I'm ready,Tony."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (18:33:38/08-24-15)
@Minnie, Tony just sit in the room looking all defeated, he does not form eye contact, nor does he even open his eyes. He said his goodbye already, he does not want to ruin the moment.

If this was your loyalty test, Tony has no idea if you passed or not. If it was his own he has no idea what you are going to do about it. Either way,  he seems to just enjoy your last moment together.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (19:14:58/08-24-15)
Minnie honestly doesn't know what is real and what is performance from Tony since they entered the room, although once more she is certain some of Tony's affection is not feigned.  Still, the man has any number of strings he could pluck within her.  He's had years of fine tuning the instrument that is Yulia Kriedich.  But this show of emotion isn't on the play list.  His goal might have been to throw her off balance, but if anything the display has done the opposite.  She feels more emboldened, more sure of her ability to weather whatever is coming.  It isn't going to be easy, but she's now confident of her ability to see this through.

That said, she knows nothing Tony just shared with her may be right.  She knows no more about this test than she had when she first heard about it.  She decides she'll just remain silent, alert, and ready to handle whatever comes next.

Deciding that the fact she was possibly being tested this moment gave her freedom to start using her skills, she scans the empty room with all three of her senses.

[spoiler]Assensing: 1 [6d6t5=6, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1] (http://orokos.com/roll/319506)

Perception: 2 [5d6t5=2, 5, 4, 1, 5] (http://orokos.com/roll/319507)

AR via her eyeglasses: 2 [3d6t5=5, 5, 1] (http://orokos.com/roll/319508)[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (00:02:12/08-25-15)
@Minnie - the room seems to be completely separated from the rest of the world. It is enveloped by a powerful ward, there is no matrix access at all, and your perception shows that it as some advanced sound proofing technology embedded to the walls. It is likely possible to do almost anything in that room without anyone outside hearing about it. You do not spot any recording equipment or any other technological device in the room.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:03:24/08-25-15)
Athos acceptance.  "Of course, Dona Valentina.  You may consider this done.  Am I assigned a crew and what are the resources I have to spend to finalize the purchase?  I also need the locations of the buildings."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (00:13:10/08-25-15)
Valentina answers youYou get an access to a Family account with 1,000,000 nuyen. The warehouse should go for half of that, but the Yaks are notorious  in the way they do buissness, nothing is sure until you complete the transaction.  You are allowed to pay 5k a head yourself included. You can hire as many people as you see fit but be reasonable.

She gives you a warm smile and kisses you on both cheeks, "Welcome to my crew" she say and warmly hug you. Now lets see what's going on with your friend. , it is funny because she never seemed to even notice that Yulia was there.

Valentina takes you to the reception room that by now is empty, she takes a seat and suggest you to do the same. "It may take a while" she said. She seats in silent she seems very comfortable with her silence, but Athos feels a little bit awkward. Until a moment ago, she was so friendly toward him. She seem to be hyper alert and completely focused at the door of Room 3.


@Minnie Tony takes off the key from his pocket and throw it to you. "You'll need it  to get out" He says.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:32:07/08-25-15)
Athos nods as he takes the sum in stride.  The cheek bussing was more of a surprise.  And more of a pleasure.  To a soldier in the family, this was tantamount to approval from the family boss.  Of course, failure carried a stiffer penalty, but the possible reward was much greater as well.

He rises as she does and follows her out of the room, sitting as instructed.  He is already going over the list of people he might trust to include in the mission.  Artie for sure, and Yulia, but he is thinking he needs at least one more.  Yulia is not waiting outside so he assumes that she was taken somewhere, but is unconcerned as yet.  Valentina had mentioned her and she would not have done so if the girl was in trouble.  He forces himself to overcome the awkwardness in the situation, instead looking around.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (04:27:34/08-25-15)
Minnie catches the tossed key from mid-air with her left hand and examines them curiously.  "You make it sound so easy," she says simply with a raised eyebrow, wondering just what kind of test this is.  Of everything Tony had shared these past 15 minutes,the fact she was being tested was the one thing she took at face value.  Everything else was subject to further notice.  She keeps alert for whatever would happen next.  She's a mouse - more literally than for most spirit mentored beings.  Like her totem, she adapts to her surroundings.  She would survive, thrive even, where greater creatures could not.  Embracing Mouse fully, she waits and watches for what would come next.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:40:53/08-25-15)
@Minnie, Tony stands up and look at you he pushes you to the cold white wall and passionately kisses you. You have never seen him so intense and passionate.  Actually he is so different than how you ever experienced him.
That kiss was not deductive, he did not teach you on the perfect kiss and how to just sense exactly what your partner wants.  This kiss is rough, intense and yet the technique is wrong in so many ways, it feels real to you, you feel that it overwhelms you.

When he next speak it is a soft whisper, and you can feel his emotions changed. It is no struggle but acceptance. His eyes are wet when he tells you
"It touches me that you struggle... You are brilliant to understand that you are being tested right now. But you know the code of honor of the family. Loyalty above all, loyalty to the family. I am no family!  I can never be, I just proved that to you. You see it wasn't just your own acceptance test, it was also my own. What I needed to do to pass is simply take you here have sex with you and say nothing about whats coming.

But when I looked at you,  I knew that I can spare you the worst experience of your life. I can spare you being raped, tortured and abused for days. I can finally do what I never could, protect you. All I needed to do is give you an opportunity to prove your own loyalty in some other way.  Truth be told, as much as I am loyal to the family -  I cannot bare the thought that you will be treated like that.

Go to Valentina, tell her that I warned you about the test and you will never have to sleep with anyone ever again. Your body will be your own, and you will serve the family with your other talents. I know you want it more than anything in the world, let me do what I feel right for once in my life.

Consider it my last gift for you. It kills me inside every time when I notice the marks of abuse on your delicate body. I can never live with myself if you die, or even if you live through this kind of torture - I know you will never be the same.  I will have to look at that darker version of you and know that I did that to you. I did that just because I feared for my life.


You feel that he can barely contain his passion. "Please leave before I make it harder for you." He whispers. He seems completely aware that it may be the last time that he sees you.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:41:33/08-25-15)
@Artie when the game is over  - the dealer approaches you and asks "Would you like a drink?"

@Athos: Valentina tells you seeing that you feel awkward. "Tony, is our best instructor she is in good hands in there."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (07:07:13/08-25-15)
Using full advantage of her immense strength and inhuman agility and reaction, speed not even Athos' damn pet cat could match, she pushes Tony away and slaps him across the face.  Her intent isn't to cause real damage, but she definitely wants to get his attention.

"Tony," she says softly as the sound of the 'smack' fades and a bright red welt starts to form on the man's cheek, "I'm not the brightest bulb on the shelf."  Her face is now hard, determined, and her voice rises with an edge to it Tony has never heard before "I know you must have sometimes wondered if you'd ever get me to learn a damned thing.  But I did learn.  You're the best the Family has for taking useless rocks and making them into gems. Either you're fucking with my head right now which means I pass because I saw through it, or you're telling the truth and the Family is about to lose a resource it can't afford to lose."  She reaches out to hold Tony's hand a moment, placing the key back in it.  "Whichever it is, I'm not leaving this room before you do."

[spoiler]If I needed to roll anything for my push and slap action, feel free to roll it for me.  I'm assuming with an agility of 7, a reaction of 8, an initiative of 12+4d6, an unarmed combat of 6 (13d6), and a strength of 5 that I should be able to pull it off.  If not, I'll mod my post.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (08:04:14/08-25-15)
[spoiler]
You do not need to... Tony is augmented and not particularly agile. He is not a shadowrunner and is not skilled in any form of combat. (a point or two of pistols - but nothing that can endanger you) Physically you are superior to him in every possible aspect. There is really nothing he can do to you if you resist.[/spoiler]

"Look Yulia, I do not know if they will kill me or not.  Mafia are practical people - sometime they make exceptions. I am an instructor, a good one and I can read people from years of experience. My talent is mundane and common and even if I am the best. There are other good instructors. I have no illusions, the family can do without me.

Have no illusions about it, I did fail my loyalty test and I am completely at peace with it. In a way, I failed because of the very things that make me a good instructor. Because I am more loyal to my students than to anyone else.  Because after spending so many years shaping you, pushing you to be the best you possibly can, I care about you a lot.

You were never a rock, ever since you reached the family you were a diamond. Why do you think that the family took you in the first place? It was always your magical talent, even before you knew how to use it. The potential alone made you worth the investment.

It was shortsighted and plain stupid to whore you. I feared that it will kill you but it didn't. The thing is, even with magical potential - the vast majority never get to do anything useful with that potential. 
Your time between the sheets did more damage than it did good. These were lost years that we could spend in further training you. With better preparing you.  Nobody believed that you will actually get as far as you did. The family may never encounter a talent such as yours again.

As for me, if I have to take a risk to prevent this family for doing the most idiotic thing they ever did. I will do it now as I did before. Normally they give the test to agents and some die and some pass. But these people are easily replaced. If you die or if they brake you - there is no way to find another adept with similar capabilities. It will be a terrible mistake.

Remember the time when they wanted to make you a BTL slave? This family is notorious for taking real talent and burning it away.  Let me do it, I am at peace with my decision. You deserve this chance and I will never get to work with someone like you again."


He offers you the key I will wait Valentina's decision in here. There is no point in having some goons tag me in the middle of the night. I am not as agile as you, it is not like I can bolt out of the window and escape my judgement. At least let me truthful about my faliure - this is the only chance I have to keep my life. If you do not tell Valentina you will fail her test. I will tell her the truth, this is the only behavior that can spare me.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (08:40:18/08-25-15)
He really means it, she finally realized.  Maybe I really am a dim bulb.

She refuses to accept the key back, but her smile returns.  "You taught me that sometimes it is better to ask forgiveness than permission, as long as you were willing to live with the consequences.  Achieving the goals of the Family comes first, and sometimes it's better they don't know the details.  Believable deniability.  Sometimes you act and deal with the consequences later, but then that time comes you own up to it.  If you succeed, you get the credit.  If you don't...well you deal with it when it happens.  If what you're telling me is really true, and honestly right now you have me convinced that it is, then you best tell Dame Valentina yourself.  Neither of us will leave this room before the other, it seems."  Her eyes scan the walls around her and then return to gaze into Tony's face. 

"Well, unless we want to starve, there's only one option."  Her head gestures at the door.  "We walk out together.  You can report to Dame Valentina whatever you damn well want, and then I'll answer truthfully whatever she asks me.  If you really are disobeying, then use that pair I know you have to full advantage."  Her eyes dip down to his crotch and then back up with a mischievous grin.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (08:51:40/08-25-15)
@Minnie  But if I talk first to Donna Valentina you have shown no particular loyalty. I left you with no choice, but to confirm what i just said. It is better if it seems as if I tried to deceive her and you told her the truth. He gives you a naughty look and say Be gentle with me...  I can still feel the burn of your hand. You are stronger than you realize... That's good.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (09:04:22/08-25-15)
Definitely the dimmest bulb on the shelf, she chides herself as he slices past all her efforts to keep from betraying her teacher.  I never could hold a candle to him.

Defeated, she accepts the key with only slightly drooping ears.  Knowing decisiveness was to her advantage, she turns her gaze away from Tony without a backward glance and strides toward the door.  If he was still conning her, he deserved his win and she’d fail with grace.  If he was telling the truth, well it may not be the last time her path forward was paved with old friendships.  She’d best get used to it.

Taking a deep breath, she inserts the key, turns it, and opens the door…uncertain what she will find on the other side.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:12:46/08-25-15)
@Minnie Tony stays inside, from what you can tell he seems almost happy. He is proud of you when you take that key.  As you go outside you see that everyone have already left. Valentina and Athos are sitting near one of the tables and they seem to be waiting for you.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:10:26/08-25-15)
Athos nods at Valentina's words but says nothing, waiting for his friend to emerge from the room.  When she does, he looks closely at her to see if she is OK.  She is doing the tail thing, which means she is disturbed, but she does not seem to have been physically abused.  He rises from his seat and waits for her.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (12:32:55/08-25-15)
Quote from: The Dealer
"Would you like a drink?"

Artie turns to the dealer.  "Is this special attention or do you double as a cocktail waitress when you aren't pushing cards?"  She smiles and nods, "Though a drink would be wonderful."

Her eyes quickly cast about, marking exits and avenues, as well as checking to see if any security is heading her way.  She doubts there is anything to worry about, just the Dealer making sure nothing was awry, and so far as Artie was concerned, nothing was.

"I've been waiting for a friend and passing the time, didn't realize how thirsty I had gotten."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:33:14/08-25-15)
@Artie "No, I thought we'll just go to the bar... It is a slow hour and you seem... interesting. I am Bekki by the way."  She goes to the bar seat with you, orders a rusty nail and waits for your own.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (13:36:01/08-25-15)
Minnie's confidence wavers as she sees Dame Valentina so soon upon exiting the room.  She recovers a bit when she sees Athos sitting relaxed nearby the older human.  Deciding no one can begrudge her a deep breath before approaching her defining moment, she takes in a deep breath through her nose and out through the mouth, centering herself.  Then, confidence restored, she approaches Dame Valentina and her fate.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:06:01/08-25-15)
Valentina looks at you and say "What's the matter dear, was Tony rough on you?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (14:28:21/08-25-15)
Minnie approaches Dame Valentina and Artos, bending to one knee much as the latter had done when he first met the former, although more at a distance as denoting her lower status.  “I…I’m not exactly sure, ma’am,” she answered haltingly.  “It may be that I am so dim that I didn’t get the test.  He always talks circles around me leaving me tied up in knots inside.”  She pauses a moment before going on, willing her tail to stay still.  “But if I’m right, I believe Tony has cracked under the pressure and needs help.  He’s not right in the head.”
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:32:47/08-25-15)
@Minnie "What makes you say that dear?" She say and look very interested in what you are about to say. You can sense that she personally like Tony.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (14:42:27/08-25-15)
“He told me to expect to be tested and that the test would be very, very difficult.  He said that to tell me was to disobey you.  He said that he couldn’t stand to see me hurt, but his actions while he spoke were either the best acting I’ve ever seen or…he’s sick in the head.”  She risks looking up into Dame Valentina’s eyes.  “This wasn’t the Tony who has taught me all these years.  Something isn’t right but I don’t know what that is.”
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:56:19/08-25-15)
"Wasn't himself? what do you mean?" She ask, there is something in her eyes but you cannot recognize it. Somehow, although Valentina is the most socially skilled person in the Mafia, perhaps in the entire city. Nobody knows what she really feels, ever, somehow you are certain that what you see from her is actual concern.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (15:32:46/08-25-15)
“He keeps insisting he disobeyed you, Dame Valentina,” Yulia explains, her gaze not wavering from the woman.  “In order to protect someone as insignificant as me.  The Tony I know would never waste Family assets by squandering himself so lightly.  And his loyalty for you would never waver.  Either I am so dim that I couldn’t see through his game, or he needs help so that he can return to faithfully serving you.  I have spent half my life having my mind bent…no sharpened…by that man.  He demands perfection of me…and of himself.  Something doesn’t add up, Dona.  But I am too dim to figure the riddle out.”
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (16:30:48/08-25-15)
Quote from: Bekki
"No, I thought we'll just go to the bar... It is a slow hour and you seem... interesting. I am Bekki by the way."

"'Bekki', is it?  Artie.  Good to know you."  She orders a soy brew and turns, facing Bekki but also the room in general, still maintaining an eye on the whole place.  "As for interesting?  I wouldn't say I'm any more interesting than any other choob jandarin' about the place.  Just passing the time, y'know?  But you, you work here, hey?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:34:07/08-25-15)
Athos, "will you excuse us?" Said Valentina and signal Minnie to enter the room. "Lock the door dear will you".

"Tony... did you sleep with Yulia"

"No, you can see the slap she gave me for trying"

"Do you expect me to believe it?"

"I kissed her and she slapped me, I understand the hint, I am no rapist."

"Why did she slap you Tony?"

"Because of what I did before I kissed her."

"And what was that?"

"I told her how people become black agents."

"Why would you do that?"

" Because that torture is mainly mental, despite everything they are doing to you the most difficult thing is knowing that there is no hope. That you are already dead. If I explain the procedure then you cannot do that to her."

"You have a lot of nerve to disobey me. Did you fall in love with her?"

" No, I didn't though to be completely honest, I warned you when you insisted that I sleep with her. I can't sleep with her for so many years without developing emotions. I love her very much but this is not why I did that. "

"She would not have never made it without your guidance if anyone could keep her sane in these life it is your training."

" You might be right, but I am just an instructor, Yulia did all the hard work."

"Why did you do it then ? "

" Because I failed, the previous time."

"When you trained me? I became a raising star in this family."

" Indeed you did, and you became so socially skilled that I am completely at your mercy."

"So how come you failed Tony?"

" Because that abuse had nothing to do with what you became, if any it is what will bring your downfall."

Valentina gives Tony a look - she is angry but she keeps her cool.
"My downfall?"

"You say the right things you twist everyone around your little finger. You got the entire family to do your bidding, politicians, cooperate suits you softly manipulate them all. But you could learn to do these things - without torture. They damaged you . . "

"How was I damaged?"

"Did you form any emotional attachment since then?  anyone at all?"

"Attachments are weakness, I am completely free."

" This is the problem Valentina, one day I will no longer be around, either you decide to kill me now. Or I'll just die from some other reason. What will happen then? You will have no one.
"

Valentina seems upset, she looks at Tony and say.
"You know that I got enough to kill you, no questions asked?"

"Valentina, you do not understand that yet - and I am terrified of the day when you truly understand that. You can kill anyone you want - you can find some ruse to kill every member of this family. If they did not do anything bad, you can talk them into doing something bad.  You became so powerful, that there really is nothing that I can teach you."

"I really hate you right now Tony. I work hard and within the rules."

"Look Valentina - if you kill me you will have no one to stop you. The things they did to you, they will  surface back up. You will become a monster. "

"What does it have to do with Yulia? You seem to only talk about me."

"Valentina, she is not so different than you. So young and she is already more powerful than most adepts. There are maybe 100 people int he city at her skill level and above. It was the same with you."

"So what do you want?"

"I want you to like her. I want you to teach her.

"She is right, you are insane. "

"Valentina, come here

Tony hugs Valentina.
"What can I do with you Tony?"

"Just mentor her. "

"You do not ask me to spare you?"

"I ask you to save my flowers. To keep them safe.  Anything that I am lives in you two. I gave you my entire adult life."

"This is completely fucked up."

"I know... "

"You are not going to exist this room... I think that ever. You are the only one in this family to openly disobey me. I can't allow that.

"Just be gentle on me. Let me see Yulia before you decide to finish me."

"Okay, I owe you at least that.

Valentina talks to you, "Yulia, What would you do in my place? The one person I love is the only one that disobey me. If word of his behaviour gets out my entire empire can collapse. If you were in my place, what would you do to Tony?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:52:34/08-25-15)
"If you were in my place, what would you do to Tony?"

The unexpected question echoes in Yulia's head.  She had been very happy when these two titans had forgotten her and she wishes she'd never come back to notice.  So much of what they were speaking about is over her head.  Still, she got the basics.  Valentina was another student of Tony's and the two care for each other.  But Valentina can't afford love, or believes she can't.

"I'm not the one to answer that question, Dame Valentina.  My answer is your answer to this question.  Do you need someone who will challenge you when you are wrong?  If yes, then you need to find a way to let him live because no one else will.  Certainly not someone you could trust like Tony.  If not, then he must die.  Only you can answer that question, Dona."  She swallows hard before adding, "and if he must die, I ask to be the executioner."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (00:07:14/08-26-15)
Quote from: Bekki
"No, I thought we'll just go to the bar... It is a slow hour and you seem... interesting. I am Bekki by the way."

"'Bekki', is it?  Artie.  Good to know you."  She orders a soy brew and turns, facing Bekki but also the room in general, still maintaining an eye on the whole place.  "As for interesting?  I wouldn't say I'm any more interesting than any other choob jandarin' about the place.  Just passing the time, y'know?  But you, you work here, hey?"

"Oh but you are. You know every exist, aware of every guard in here. You even noticed that I was checking you out... It makes you interesting."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:50:42/08-26-15)
Valentina size you up. Saying “You moved a lot in this world so soon. From a being nothing to being an executioner.”

As for you Tony, “No I am not going to kill you, if you have gone to such a great length to protect your precious Yulia I will respect it. I can only imagine what hurting you would do to her - you see I can still torment her all I want.

But I will let you keep your flower - to train her your way. If she is nothing but  brilliant, your other *Flower* is going to kill both of you wackos. "


She then turn to you, she holds your hands and give you a very personal look. 

Yulia, I have shown you nothing but kindness and mercy since you were a powerless child.
I saw the potential and I gave you the one person I trusted to protect you. He had to use some very unorthodox methods, but he did what he had to help you survive this abuse. 

You did *That* to him... I know it is not your fault, but you broke him. His love for you took his sanity away.  You are welcome to my team - and I will treat you fairly, but do not expect me to like you.  I don't know if I can ever like you. I look at you and all I feel is pain... pain and anger. You have made me the loneliest  person in this family.”

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (13:43:53/08-26-15)
Artie shrugs.  "Just a nervous sort of girl, y'know?  Never know when one of these high rollers is gonna get drunk and cause a ruckus, put his hands where they don't belong.  I've learned it's best to move out as quietly as possible in those situation... if I make a scene, Casino's as likely to side with the guy spending a ton o' cred than the girl who's just waiting on friends, yeah?"

She thanks the bartender as he delivers her beer.  "Hey, thanks," then she turns back to Bekki.  "I'm sure you've seen that type of shit happen before?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:15:56/08-26-15)
@Artie "People usually behave in here, but it can happen. The security here is very intense, way better than any other joint I worked in. First time in here? "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (14:38:18/08-26-15)
Chuckles, "It's, and to be honest, I'm not a big Casino type of girl in the first place."

Artie watched the girl for any signs (http://orokos.com/roll/320072) that this was more than small talk.  "What about you?" she jokes.  "Come here often?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:10:53/08-26-15)
@Artie You are not sure exactly why is Bekki interested in you, but her interest does not appear to be professional. She appear to be on a brake, and having her buying you a beer after sneaking a peeks for over half a hour makes you think that she wanted to talk to you for a short while and was just looking for a chance. (Or that the security here is even more upscale than you estimated providing that Artie really is a security risk)
"To be honest I only work here for a short while, I just moved here from London few weeks ago... I am a bit lonely" She smiles.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (15:15:24/08-26-15)
They’re both crazy, crossed Yulia’s mind although she didn’t express the thought at all.  Those few moments of the past ten years not spent with clients, training for clients, preparing for clients, and getting sleep for herself, Yulia had spent reading, among other things, 20th Century romance literature.  She’d often thought about love and tried to understand it, but the concept of love, romantic love especially, never felt real to her.  She thought perhaps what she shared with Nagisa might someday be such a thing, but she really didn’t know. 

Tony had essentially traded places with Yulia, condemning himself to a room.  The irony was not lost on her. 

And for what?

Love?

She couldn’t wrap her head around it.  Would she condemn herself to the sheets for anyone?  Tony?  Not a chance.  Nagisa?  Athos?

But Tony, knowing the ramifications, had done just that for her and for Dame Valentina. 

It was too much to absorb right now, and Dame Valentina’s angry gaze was burning into her.  She’d have to ponder these heavy thoughts more later.  It appeared she’d have the freedom to do so.  That in and of itself was beyond imagining.  Yet here it was.

Knowing Valentina was awaiting a response, Minnie dropped back to one knee and bowed her head.  “Dona Valentina, your humble servant will do everything in her power to deserve the trust you have placed in her.”
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:31:46/08-26-15)
@Minnie Valentina looks at you. "I do not need your flattery Yulia. I know who I am, only do it if it helps you feel like you need a remainder yourself. I cannot promess that you will never sleep with a client again, but your days doing so are numbered. I'll start pulling my weight so that nobody will ever touch you without your consent. As long as you do not disapoint me, you will have all the time in the world for yourself. Once in a while I'll give you a task and you will drop anything and do my task, I'll try to give you heads up - but even if I don't nothing is more important than my tasks."



@Athos Minnie. Valentina bids her farewell and send Athos some initial files. Of her work, apparently she wants Athos to cover for her at the warehouse selling. She just decided that she'd rather be someplace else and she is not sharing. The meeting is at 23:30 in the warehouse itself. Apparently to check that it is clean and transfer ownership. As for the other two buildings, you can really do it when ever you want.


Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (17:51:39/08-26-15)
The adept smiles despite herself.  "Well, if it's a cure for loneliness, I might be able to help with that."  She grabs a napkin and writes a commcode on it and then slides it over to her.  "Shoot me a message there whenever you like, I bet I can clear time from my schedule to show a girl the sights."

She smiles, leaving a small tip for the bartender and hopping up.  "But I bet this means I can't play at any table you're dealing at, which is a pity.  I don't think the casino would take kindly to that."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (21:26:09/08-26-15)
Minnie watches Valentina depart, her face a mask.  Her ears are erect and tail straight, but Athos suspects the girl is troubled about something.  Maybe it's the glances at the closed door from which she had now emerged twice in Athos' presence that gives it away.  In any case, she doesn't seem at all interested in talking.  That becomes crystal clear when she turns to face Athos and says simply, "So where's the cat?"  The statement contains not even a shadow of her usual disdain for Artee.  Her mind is definitely somewhere else.  Perhaps behind the door...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:16:01/08-26-15)
Athos respects his friend too much to intrude on her privacy just yet.  She if and when she is ready to talk, so he leaves it alone for now.  "She should be out in the main lounge.  Let's go find her."  He makes sure the girl is with him and steps out into the main lounge after getting his weapon back.  Looking around he tries to spot Artie.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (22:26:57/08-26-15)
Minnie retrieves her knives as Artos re-holsters his massive weapon.  She has often jokes that the thing weighs as much as she does, and only half in jest.  As deadly as they are in her hands, Artos could probably use her knives as a toothpick.  Her slight frame makes her feel small around humans; around Artos and other trolls she may as well really be a mouse.

Thankful for the distraction from deeper thoughts, she follows Artos and stands ready to support him whatever he may need of her that evening and going forward...unless of course Dame Valentine directs her differently.  She truly hopes Valentina's priorities and Artos' never diverge.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:39:18/08-26-15)
So, Yulia, we have our project.  I need to oversee the transfer of a warehouse into family hands through purchase.  Two additional property owners need some convincing to fall in line with family needs.  I get to form a crew and thought that perhaps I would ask Artie as one.  Do you have any contacts that you would trust to help out?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (22:48:01/08-26-15)
Yulia looks thoughtful.  "Most of the people I know aren't the kind to deal out punishment or intimidate.  Would that fixer friend of yours have some leads?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:47:19/08-26-15)
Athos nods.  "Maybe.  Maybe.  Have to get out of this place to make the call, though.  They got it secured tight against possible cheats.  We will have to find Artie the old fashioned way.  By the way, I am authorized to go up to 5k per head for the crew.  Looks like you just got a bonus, courtesy of the family."

The mismatched pair walk through the lounge looking for Artie.  While walking, he looks closely at his friend.  "And just so you know.  When you raced off after Jimmy, Artie raced off after you to make your back was covered.  Don't tell her that I told you because it might just ruin this fragging drek you two seem to thrive on.  Just saying."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:11:16/08-27-15)
@Artie Bekki seems a bit surprised and a bit thankful.  "I will give you a call... you can count on it... and about playing my tables... that depends. " She finishes her drink and get back to her post.

@Artie Roxxy answer you - "sure thing doll... I could always use some side kick... what do you have for me?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (12:48:46/08-27-15)
Artie looked past Bekki for just a moment, noticing Athos and Minnie stepping out from some back area.  Fancy, she thought as she got up.  She looked back at Bekki, "So call me sometime, omae."

She turned away from Athos and Minnie, moving through the aisles, game tables, and patrons to get outside without being noticed.  Neither of them were idiots, but even the slightest hint of recognition could be noticed by the wrong eyes, better to keep that possibility from being the case.

As she moved, her commlink buzzed.

Nice.  Just hope this doesn't cost me a fortune... maybe work out some sort of favor...

@Roxxy (Artie) It's a physical doodad.  Can we meet up somewhere so I can pass it off?  Just want to see where it's coming from and what might be on it.

After she zips off the message, she sends another.

@Athos (Artie) Heya, looks like you guys are getting out of the casino alive.  Still need me around?  If so, let me know where to meet up.  Evenas she sent it, she watched the two exit the building.  She turned around the corner and out of sight.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:29:57/08-27-15)
@Artie Roxxy quickly text you back - ">>Doll, I take 500 upfront, if it take me more than a few hours of work I take 1k per day. I can meet you no problem. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:43:10/08-27-15)
The mismatched pair walk through the lounge looking for Artie.  While walking, he looks closely at his friend.  "And just so you know.  When you raced off after Jimmy, Artie raced off after you to make your back was covered.  Don't tell her that I told you because it might just ruin this fragging drek you two seem to thrive on.  Just saying."

Minnie's left eyebrow arches at hearing this, suggesting she was surprised to hear it.  She doesn't say anything and her eyes keep scanning the room for the missing cart, but she now has even more to think about.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (18:53:43/08-27-15)
@Minnie as you enter the casino floor you just notice Artie on her way out. She did not even directly looked at you.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (19:35:36/08-27-15)
Yulia knew that Artee intended to watch from afar, so keeps scanning her surroundings even as she notes the cat adept's departure.  After a sufficient pause, she intended to share what she'd noticed to Artos, but the ringing of the troll's commlink made that unnecessary.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:10:56/08-28-15)
As the pair exits the casino, Athos' 'link goes off with Artie's message.  He reads it and sends one back, >>Artie.  Thanks for watching out for us in there.  Nothing now but I need you tonight if you are available.  Sending two address links.  If you have nothing to do this afternoon try reading up on Yak behaviors.  Follow-on part tomorrow if first part goes well.  Payday is 5K.  Meet at the first address at 2230.  Might be trouble, but not trying to start anything.  In or out?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (00:38:23/08-28-15)
Even as she moves away, she checks her commlink and then shoots off a response, followed by another message.

@Athos (Artie) In.  Where else would I want to be?  Do we need or want any back up in the 'trix?  I got a bithead that's going to look at the toy Minnie found and it's gonna cost a pretty penny.  but if I can offer some bigger work in exchange, might bag two bird?

@Roxxy (Artie) Looks like I have a window of a few hours, I need to be somewhere after nine, tonight, but might be able to meet up before then?  Five hundred nuyen if you want it, or might have something else to offer, we'll see.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (00:46:52/08-28-15)
@Artie - Roxxy text you back>> can you  meet me at The Downfall at 16:00 ?

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:48:32/08-28-15)
Athos nods to himself.  >>I like the way you think.  Yes, we could use a bit of backup.  If you know a trix wiz bring him to meet us at 2230 and we will see if he fits.<<

He turns to Minnie.  "Say, isn't Nagisa a trix wizard?  Why not give her a shout and see if she wants to earn a bit of extra.  Tell her 2230 at the Redmond Phoenix.  2100 if she wants to eat dinner with us.  In the meantime, give the restaurant a call  and set up a reservation for 2100."  He sends another text out to Artie.  >>Hey slight change of plan.  Meet at Redmond Phoenix at 2100 for dinner.  Bring your wizard if you can round him up.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (17:03:12/08-28-15)
"Um..." Minnie temporizes at the unexpected question.  "I'll schedule the restaurant - that's no problem.  As far as Nagi, she's really good in the matrix but I don't want to see her in a fight.  I've seen her shoot at the range and she's lucky to hit the target at 100 meters.  She cuts herself with a knife slicing vegetables.  If we can keep her out of any meatwork, though, she might be interested.  Can we keep her out of the line of fire?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:31:20/08-28-15)
Athos laughs.  "Count on it as much as you can count on anything.  I would not risk her.  besides it should just be a negotiation for the building.  I would just like a trix wizard on hand to check out that part.  Give her a call."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (00:26:37/08-29-15)
@Roxxy (Artie) The Downfall at... 4.  Got it, I'll see you there.  What am I looking for?  You'll know me in the red Vashon.

She looks at her watch.  A few hours to kill, but most of that getting to her destination.  A combination of public transit and parkour gets her there quickly enough and she's able to check out the Downfall and see exactly what sort of place it is.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:11:36/08-29-15)
@Artie Roxxy texts back >>A troll lady and disco queen you can't miss me, really.
 With your agility the downfall is no more than an hour away, you do not even need a ride to get there. When you reach the place you note that is a high security drinking den. The place is themed as an ancient military bunker... It is actually more than themed as a military bunker - it is a bunker on the ground there are two armed guards in ancient military uniforms and once you climb the stairs inside the bunker you discover a clean and nice drinking den.
[spoiler]
@OOC - the place is decorated after a movie of the same name. You are in a duplicate of WW2 German bunker. There are no nazi symbols - as even in 2075 they offend people. The atmosphere is an historic military bunker. The place is deep into the ground  matrix reception is very poor. The guard weapons despite their historic uniform are modern, and you can guess that under these uniform they are armored somehow,  security seems very tight.
[/spoiler]

When Roxxy arrives at 16:05 you find her struggling with the size of the place. If she stands up her hair touches the ceiling. She is clearly not comfort in that place and the way she is dressed you can tell that it is not her style either. You wonder why she picked such a place.  As you look around you see that even the waitresses are armed. Every crew in this freaking underground place with no matrix reception is armed.  Luckily they do have troll size tables - for the unlikely event that a troll would like to drink there. Roxxy finds herself such a table and is now sitting there with her drink waiting for you.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (02:20:22/08-29-15)
Athos laughs.  "Count on it as much as you can count on anything.  I would not risk her.  besides it should just be a negotiation for the building.  I would just like a trix wizard on hand to check out that part.  Give her a call."

Minnie nods.  "Leave it to me, then."  Once in the car with Athos, Minnie will see to business by scheduling dinner and having a conversation with her girlfriend.

[spoiler]I have a character sheet for Nagisa and will have it ready for when the warehouse events are being played.  I should have no problem playing two characters during that mission[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (07:39:30/08-29-15)
Athos and Minnie pick up Nagisa and the three drive to the Phoenix House in Redmond.  The place serves some of the best Japanese food this side of.........well, Japan.  The family of the original owner still has the name and is the face of the place, but that is about all.  The Yaks had provided a lot of the seed original seed money and have increased their share over the years.  The entertainment is piped-in music and some of the wait staff have seen better years.  There are rumors of a sex den and gambling parlor hidden in the back, and security is managed by the Yaks.  Said security is far more noticeable when the Yaks are in to eat. 

Dining at the Phoenix House is definitely growing in popularity and the new head chef is clearly the cause.  At just 27 and female, Takishi Sarona is a fortunate import from the home islands.  She was brought in by the Yaks to help the restaurant regain its place in the extremely competitive dining food chain.  She is a master chef and has re-branded the menu and table service in the restaurant.  And it seems to be working.  Of late, the Culinary Critique has given rave reviews of the food and service, something that has not gone unnoticed.  Takishi has received several offers of employment at a higher salary than she is currently getting, but her loyalties keep her with the Yaks and Phoenix House.

The interior décor has undergone a complete facelift in the last two years.  Gone are the familiar but threadbare carpets and the torn and tacky neo-plastic booths and chairs; replaced with newer, more traditional seating.  Even the few chairs are of much better quality.  Sliding wooden and silk panels set apart small dining rooms rather than the more common open space crammed with small tables and uncomfortable chairs.  Part of the allure is that they have opened the doors to metahumans and are sure to let people know.  The Humanis League and other hater organizations can cry foul all they want, but that is about all they do.  Several months ago some punks with ties to the Humanis movement tried to fire bomb the restaurant.  The Phoenix House security was able to prevent any real damage and the Humanis thugs were never seen again, although there is a lot of rumor that the two women in the group are now working in a bunraku den, loaded on BTL chips.

Athos likes coming here, mostly for the food.  The establishment has gone out of their way to make Trolls welcome by putting in special dining areas where Troll-sized chairs are set into the floor to give the impression that everyone is at the same level.  The restaurant ownership is genuinely fond of Trolls because they can tend to police after themselves and keep nearby tables somewhat in line.  Trolls also eat a lot of food, which is good for the bottom line.  The Yak ownership knows that Athos is a member of the Finnigan family of the Mafia, but try to treat the restaurant as a more or less neutral area.  After all, lots of food at good prices is good.  And Athos is very careful to not let his Mafia side get in the way of good food.

The three arrive a bit early for their reservation and are seated in the bar until their table is ready.  Athos orders appetizers for all of them and they enjoy the succulent crab and oysters that are available.  The huge Troll loves his oysters and publicly agrees with the menu blurb that you cannot find better oysters in all of Seattle.  There are stories of how Takishi gets them for her place, and no one is interested in finding out how it is really done.  Suffice it to be more of a let things be attitude.  The table is ready a few minutes before 2100 and the three are taken there.  Athos has a word with the hostess and tells her that he is expecting at least one and maybe two additional guests.  After being shown to their separate room, the diners are seated and begin to discuss the menu.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (09:03:34/08-29-15)
Upon leaving the casino, Minnie gave a general part of Redmond as a destination so that Athos could make progress as she made some calls.  Her conversation with the restaurant was short and sweet.  She'd made reservations there before in her month as Athos' personal assistant.  She was able to interject personal anecdotes with the person on the other end of the comm and even made use of her minimal skills in Japanese.  Athos could see the progress the slight girl had made in just four weeks.

The next call was a less scripted.  Given the far off look Minnie's eyes held in the back seat, Athos could tell she was in a visual call thought her AR eyeglasses.  For this call, Minnie was subvocalizing, so Athos couldn't tell what was being said.  Through the mirror, though, it was clear there was some intense emotions involved.  Still, it seemed to end well as the smile on Minnie's face seemed genuine and warm.

"Nagi will join us for dinner and tentatively agreed to the mission.  She didn't have anything going on tonight.  She just has to spin a story to convince her team lead to let her out of the house.  I think I'll have to sign in blood that I'll guarantee her safety while out on our date."  Minnie's expression suggested the 'sign in blood' might well be literal.  Athos knew enough about mages and adepts to know that they tended to be very particular about their body tissues and the fluids that might carry them, most particularly the red stuff.

Athos had only met Nagisa once.  Like most of the crack matrix wizards employed by the Family, she was kept under strict security in safe houses where teams lived communally.  They ate together, played together, worked together, and slept together.  They were held responsible as a team for everything.  One's success was all's success,  One's failure was all's failure.  Betrayal by one often resulted in punishment, up to death, for the entire house.  Their work was serious business and often involved knowledge about Family members and Family Operations that could severely damage the reputation and fortunes of the Finnigans.  As such, they didn't get out much.  For Nagisa to be allowed on a date outside her house or some other Family-secured facility was a mark of the trust they had for their young up-and-coming hacker and her adept girlfriend.

Once off the call, Minnie gave Athos more specific directions and they soon arrived at a nondescript, two story Victorian house in a neighborhood of such older structures deep in an area controlled by the Finnigans.  Minnie hopped out of the car and went to the door.  Athos watched as a middle-aged woman opened the door and spoke briefly with Minnie.  Artos noted the woman looking out to him and his car with a strict eye.  Seeming satisfied, she nodded and another girl with a mix of caucasian and asian features framed by apple-red hair suddenly appeared next to Minnie.

Nagisa and Minnie made their way quickly to the car and slipped in together.  Athos marveled at just how small Minnie looked even next to another human.  Nagisa wasn't very big for a human female, but her 160cm frame still towered almost a head taller than Minnie's tiny 145cm.  How Minnie managed to pack so much of a punch in barely 40kg never ceased to amaze the massive troll.

The trip to the restaurant was made in relative silence.  Athos spared a few glances back, but seeing the two quietly and chastely snuggled up together as much as the seatbelts would allow, eyes closed but clearly off in their own little world, kept his eyes mostly forward so as to offer the girls a little privacy.

With afternoon traffic, it took a while to arrive at the Phoenix House.  When they did, Minnie became all business again.  Seeing to Athos' needs as they arrived to the hostess while keeping a constant watch on Nagisa and everything surrounding her.  It was left unsaid, but Athos realized that even the fiction of Minnie being his bodyguard was off out the window when Nagisa was outside the safe house and Minnie's responsibility.  Only once did Nagisa slip briefly away from the rest of the party to have a brief conversation with one of the servers.  The conversation was hushed, but Athos' keen hearing heard the word 'kosher' and the server nodded knowingly.  The hacker girl seemed to be satisfied with the results of the conversation when she returned and seated herself next to the adept.  The two kept more distance between them than Athos would have expected.  Neither gave any sign that there was anything more between them than between them and Athos.

Note: Here's a picture of what Nagisa looks like (http://orig14.deviantart.net/0339/f/2011/304/9/2/nagisa_aoi_by_sutziki-d4en1rx.jpg)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:37:57/08-29-15)
@Minnie, Athos Some family assets are simply off limits and nobody,  no matter how high in the family hierarchy is allowed to use them without going through the formal channels. Nagisa is one of these very limited assets.  Her job makes her exposed to information that may risk her life every time she leaves that safehouse. The only excuse she can possibly make that will get her out of the safehouse for a few hours is a date with you, her approved girlfriend. It is very possible that the approval she has to see you outside of her safehouse will soon be revoked now that you are part of Valentina’s team. You are no longer a powerless whore, but potentially an agent of a very specific faction inside the family.

Yet, tonight Nagisa can go on a date with you, and she is happy to take that risk for you.  When you pick her up, you can see that she is wearing her best clothes. Nagisa must have spent an hour, just to look good for you. However, you cannot be certain, did she do it for you,  or was it to make her ruse more believable?   The only suspicious sign about her true intent, is the deck that rests in her purse. Nagisa’s deck is brilliantly disguised as a pink cosmetic kit.  That deck was tailored especially for Nagisa’s needs and capabilities and was clearly designed with love. Nagisa is very attached to her deck and it was not the first time she took it with her.  The only reason you know that the cute and innocent looking cosmetic kit is actually a very expensive deck is because once she was mysteriously called to do a job while you two were intimate with each other. 

Nagisa did not think twice, she dropped everything immediately and plugged the deck to her head. She quickly disappeared into the matrix and you had no idea what she did in there. All you could do is watch with horror as her body suffered biofeedback damage. All you could do was snuggle her, and hope she will come back.  When she finally did, she packed her small deck, returned it to her purse and continued exactly where you two left. She refused to say a single word about what just happened. In fact, she never told you anything about her work.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (12:18:02/08-29-15)
Athos had not immediately recognized the great risk he would be taking on by inviting Nagisa to the crew.  It was not until he pulled up to the safe house and saw the family-assigned watcher that it sunk in.  Here was a family asset that was more important than he had best make sure that she returned to the house in one piece.  During the drive, Athos gives one look through the rear view mirror to make sure the women are alright then keeps his eye off the rear seat so that they can have a modicum of privacy.  Not that he would have been able to interrupt the trix conversation they were having.

When the trio is brought to their private dining room, shoes are removed and left just inside the sliding door and they are shown to their table.  Once seated, Athos listens as the sommelier gives the wine list and orders a type and year that will go well with the food.  The new menus do not list prices, a sure sign that the Phoenix House is not concerned about the cost of the food and the diners should not be either.  A lively discussion of the menu ensues as the three try to decide what to eat.  Each has their favorite and Athos places the order for his friends.  The cute waitress is obviously used to Troll appetites and does not bat an eye at the enormous meal that Athos orders.  Food ordered, the three sit back and listen to the piped in music designed to relax the body and wallet.  The private dining room ensures that normal eyes are not on them but he is sure that electronic or astral eyes are.  it is unspoken that their business will not be discussed here.  Tonight is just about meeting friends.  Speaking of friends, Athos begins to wonder about Artie and her new associate.  They are running just a tad bit late and he is considering sending his friend a message when the sliding door opens and Artie is quietly ushered in.  Alone.

She nods an apology as she removes her shoes and joins the others.  The waitress appears as soon as Artie has had a chance to look at the menu and takes the woman's order.  Even she understands that this is a meeting of friends and that business will not be discussed in this house of the Yakuza.  After a short delay the food trays and platters begin to arrive, far more that any four normal individuals could eat in one meal.  However, Athos is not a normal individual and this meal is more normal than extraordinary for him.  The food is exquisitely prepared and Athos can taste the culinary artwork of the new head chef, Takishi Sarona.  Everything is perfect, down to the last noodle.  Athos has dined at the Phoenix House many times and has seen the decline and the rebirth of the restaurant and is pleased.  The manager makes an unobtrusive visit during the meal, leaving as quietly as he came and his presence barely noticed, which is how it is meant to be.

Since business talk is forbidden, small talk is the order of the day.  For once, Artie resists tossing any of her patented zingers at Minnie and the four thoroughly enjoy the company and the food.  Wine consumption is extremely minimal, limited to one glass, and even less for Minnie, who has been known to dance on tables after a drink or two.  of course, Athos is never sure if she has done that to mimic being drunk or if she really is a lightweight drinker.  Athos slots a credstick and adds a very healthy tip to cover the excellent service they had received.  Shoes retrieved, the four leave the restaurant and make it outside to Athos' car.  He holds the door for the three women then climbs into the front.  When all are safely buckled in he waits while Nagisa runs a complete bug scan and diagnostic of the car.  After all, it pays to be sure, especially in Yak country.  Once the trix wizard gives the OK sign, he pulls away from the lot and heads to the warehouse.  The four can finally discuss a bit of business on the way and he briefs everyone on what he is supposed to do tonight. 

"This is a business deal, pure and simple.  I am finalizing the purchase of a warehouse for the Finnigan family from the Yaks.  I am sending you the address to your commlinks now.  I go in, inspect the place, shake a few hands, sign some papers.  No risk, right?  Maybe.  That is where you three come in.  Athos is a Troll, but not a dumb one and I realize that my senses alone are not equipped to deal with what may be hidden.  Your jobs are to search the matrix and the astral as well as the mundane.  You are my special eyes and ears and you are to let me know if anything looks off.  I do not expect anything to go wrong, but if things start to go south, I want you, Artie, and you, Minnie, to swear to get Nagisa to safety.  And that is nuff said about that."

"Changing the subject a bit, what about your trix contact, Artie.  were you able to give him the drone?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:13:03/08-29-15)
Minnie listens quietly as her friend shares the low down.  Into the silence afterwards, she chooses to speak first.  "Depending on where you park, Nagisa should be able to cover us electronically and scope the place out virtually from the car."  Minnie pauses a moment to see the redhead nod.  "As far as me, I really need to go in with you to scope the place out magically.  I can't project like a mage can.  I can also help back you up if I'm with you."   She turns to look at Artee who is sitting by the opposite door with Nagisa diplomatically between the two rivals.  "Artee, you know your skill set best but would it be best to drop you off before we arrive at the warehouse and let you get close in your own way?  That way you can keep an eye out on the big picture as well as monitor the car where Nagisa will be holed up.  If it starts to look like a trap to you, you can call out via comm and we can react as appropriate.  Thoughts, everyone?"  After another pause.  "I haven't been doing this for very long, so feel free to chime in."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:58:14/08-30-15)
Athos nods at Minnie's plan.  "We can do it like that.  But I cannot leave Nagisa alone in the car.  I have a contact I can call who can stay in the car and watch out for her.  Let me get to him."  He pulls out his 'link and sends a text.  >>Bruno.  Athos.  I have a payday for you.  I need some muscle for a job.  You will be watching one of the family's trix wizards, so you know how important this is.  Job is for two good men, so bring a pal to the address attached to this text.  Need to be on-site by 2300.  2K up front and another 3K when this and the follow on job are complete.  Contact me quickly if you are in.<<

He closes the comm and says, "OK that is taken care of.  Looking for two minders for Nagisa while she waits in the car.  I am pretty sure that Bruno will get back soon.  If that part falls through, we can come up with a plan B."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:55:55/08-30-15)
@Minnie Nagisa looks at you as you talk, she seem charmed. Obviously, she was always the strong one in your relationship. You were nothing more but a whore. While she was a very important family asset. While both of your life were carefully monitored and managed.  Her life were about developing her skills and intelligence about empowering her.  Your experience was obviously a lot different.

You started as plain meat for the enjoyment of low ranking made men. They used you to blow off some steam and you were handed over as a reward for good work. They were brutal on you and never looked you in the eyes, you were nothing but a ‘cattle’ to them not even a person. Just a sex toy that they are do anything they can possibly want with. During this era you were usually given to small groups and they abused and raped you.

But you’re survival instinct kicked in and you managed to make yourself more seductive. Despite everything you never once openly criticized the family, and that kind of loyalty and skull were eventually rewarded. You advanced into a less destructive place, you still had no control over your sexual life once and forever, but now you had regular clients. You were no longer some random reward, you had a schedule.

That period still took a bit of your soul, but it was a lot less destructive than the first one. Sure some of the clients would still beat you. You learned already that sadistic asshole can be found in every shape and rank. But even these assholes, knew your name and looked you in the eyes.  They understood how much torment your little body can endure and when they could control themselves they made an effort not to cause you permanent harm. Other clients were nicer and just wanted you to excite and seduce them, while few of your clients were actually attentive to your own enjoyment.

In your relationship with Nagisa, you were always the weaker one, the broken one. Her admiring look now is something that you know all too well, it is the same look that you usually gives her. She now looks at you and she envy you for going on secret meetings with the Yakuza while she is stuck in that safehouse of hers and need a good excuse just to get out. She holds your hand tightly and listen carefully.

Your heart skips a bit when after just a few minutes Bruno arrives. He doesn’t recognise you but you know him. That sadistic fuck beat you and abused you many years ago, when you were nothing but ‘cattle’. You were gifted to him and his goon not once but three times, and every one of these times is one big hole in your soul that you desperately try to suppress.
 
@Athos Bruno texts you >> sure thing bossman thanks for remembering me.
It takes him just a 15 minutes to arrive - apparently he just dropped everything immediately and came for you. The drive itself must have taken most of these 15 minutes. He joins you in the car and seats in the back with Minnie and Nagisa completely unaware to how Minnie must feel at that point.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (12:02:07/08-30-15)
When Minnie heard Athos contacting Bruno, she hoped it wasn't THAT Bruno.  Unfortunately her hopes were dashed when the beefy ork tough met them at the street corner Athos had directed in the short comm call.  With the passenger side seat up front taken by Artee, he opened the back door and dropped his bulk onto the bench seat beside a wide-eyed Nagisa, who had quickly moved as far over to Minnie's side behind Athos as she could.  Minnie knew that Nagisa didn't know Bruno's predilections; to her he was just an intimidating ork whom she didn't know.  Still, seeing her lover so anxious just compounded her own desire to "artfully rearrange" the bastard's anatomy.

We have a mission, Yulia reminded herself.  He's working for Athos and getting paid.  This is a Family job.  There's no way Bruno will mess that up for some tail.

Yulia's resolve was shaken when she caught Bruno's eyes stealing appreciative glances as Nagisa's bright red hair.  Nagisa must have felt the interest since she surreptitiously released her seatbelt which permitted her to slip even closer to Minnie.  Minnie didn't say anything, she just solidified her hold on the larger girl, ready to restrain her should they have an unexpected incident on the road. 

Or to respond appropriately if Bruno suffered from 'wandering hands'.

I think I'll have a little private talk with Bruno before Artos and I step in the warehouse...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:08:50/08-30-15)
Bruno was examining the gang in the car trying to figure out what's in store for him. "Name is Bruno, an enforcer and driver" He say, "I came as quickly as I could, Athos I will not let you down." He seems a bit nervous, either because he feels that this is his big chance, or because he remembers.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (16:53:38/08-30-15)
Athos explains the plan to Bruno.  "Your part is to stay with the car and watch over Nagisa.  You drive the car if you need to get Nagisa out of here.  If things go south, you do not worry about the rest of us as your only responsibility is to get the trix wizard back to the safe house.  No rescues.  No heroics.  Just protect her and get her home if necessary.  If something happens to her and you are not yet dead, I am sure that Valentina will make you wish you were.  This is just act one of the play.  Act two will probably depend on part one, but in general we need to convince a couple of warehouse groups to tow the family line.  Act three is to eliminate some resistance from a small time gang that is being difficult.  We work the plan in order and we do it well.  Any questions?"

Athos notices Bruno's glances at the taller woman.  "And, Bruno?  You know how important Nagisa is to the Family, right?  It is just watching, protecting, and driving for this part of the plan.  You will get the opportunity to get a bit more physical later."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (17:02:20/08-30-15)
Minnie watches Bruno's response to Athos' instructions, watching for any sign that the man did not get exactly what his role must be and that Nagisa is not on the menu.  If she's not satisfied, she'll still have a "talk" with the ork before they enter the warehouse.  If his bulb appears to show some light, she'll let Athos have the last word.

[spoiler]Perception: 5d6t5: 1 [5d6t5=1, 2, 1, 6, 3] (http://orokos.com/roll/321502)

I need to improve my perception ;-;[/spoiler]

As for herself, her place will be right beside Athos and she plans to give this mission, and her friend, her all.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (19:15:38/08-30-15)
Bruno seems a little offended. "Athos, I am a professional do not worry - you won't regret calling me.  I am serving the family for many years I know the consequences of failure"
 


To Nagisa, "Don't worry Nagisa, you will be safe with me." He sees how repulsed Nagisa is from him and he tries to break the ice "I'll be a gentleman -  the only situation where I will touch you is if somebody is shooting at you and I'll jump on you,  I know how to bodyguard" He tried to make it better but somehow, Nagisa does not seem to appreciate the image. "Oh... frag I said the wrong thing again. I'll just shut up." He looks frustrated.

@Minnie- Bruno appears to really want this gig to work. He was checking Nagisa a little bit but with her repulsed behavior he sort of lost interest. She is out of his league and he knows it. He did not get to stay alive for so many years by raping family assets, no his violence must be channeled to easier targets. On these targets, you know that he has no mercy at all. At least he didn't 8 years ago, when he was a young Orc and you were a little mouse.



Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (20:09:30/08-30-15)
Athos checks with everyone to be sure that commlinks are set and that they all have the same time.  "OK.  Party time.  Artie, you go get set up somewhere.  Nagisa, keep us informed of anything in the trix.  Yulia, with me."  He leaves the car and opens the door for Minnie.  He removes the huge cannon from the shoulder holster and replaces it and does a quick pat down of his pockets to make sure the speed loaders are present then smooths the wrinkles from his executive suit before walking towards the warehouse and the meeting with the Yaks.  Bruno is leaning on the hood of the car and shakes his head.  "Never understood why you use that gun, omae.  You could easily get one that is easier to use and hide, and an automatic is so much better."

Athos laughs.  "This is the gun from hell.  I have stared down more punks that I did not have to kill with this thing.  And people know when it goes off.  Besides, Vito gave it to me years ago and it is part of my life."  He strokes the huge barrel and the rest can hear it talk back to him in a sexy voice.  "Systems on line, Mr. Big.  Full load and everything is in top working order."

Bruno give a loud laugh.  "I never get tired of listening to that thing talk to you.  Mr. Big."  Athos and Minnie can hear the Ork laughing as they walk away.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (20:34:07/08-30-15)
@all when you arrive at the Joke you are greeted by an old human with a sword, he has an ugly knife scar on his left cheek - and with the amazing medical technology you know that that this is more a statement than a medical condition. You can assume that his body is full of Yakuza tats, but as he is wearing a business suit most of them are not visible to you. He does have some visible tats on his neck though.

He is accompanied by an exquisite and delicate ginger elf lady, that is wearing some very provocative clothes. Your interest in her clothes is of course purely academic, but it is fascinating to grasp just how sophisticated her clothes are.  She is fully covered, but the fabric of most of her dress is so thin that it is completely invisible to the naked eye. If your brain managed to get passed her exposed skin you understand that her dress must cost a fortune. Since you can see almost all of her skin, you are a bit surprised to discover that she does not have a single tat.

They appear a bit surprised that Valentina did not come, and ask you to seat. The elven lady presents herself as Strawberry, and the old man presents himself as Noboru Ando. There are about thirty other people in the Joke, all in Yakuza colors. When you take a seat they all disappear, some leave for the second floor, other wait outside. There is now one of them for every one of you. Mr. Ando treats you some traditional Japanese tea and waits for you to speak. Strawberry, just seem to explore your physical appearance. She does not seem very interested in tea or in being polite and she feel comfortable even when staring.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:09:30/08-30-15)
Athos tries to place these two in the hierarchy of the Yakuza.  Of course, that organization is a lot like the Mafia and even top people change. 

[spoiler]Knowledge of Yaks at meet (http://orokos.com/roll/321592): 8d6t5 2[/spoiler]

He keeps his eyes diplomatically off the nearly naked woman.  As a Troll, he does not let his mind wander to sex as much as some humans and Keebs, but he is not dead and can appreciate the beauty of the woman in front of him, and she is indeed beautiful.  He allows himself to compare her to Minnie and finds the Keeb to come up short in the looks department, although he has never seen her fully unclothed.  In the years that he escorted her to her clients, he has seen her dressed provocatively, but never naked.  He does note that the Elven woman is not tatted out as a Yak, so could be the personal property of Noburo Ando.  She might even be his personal eyes to either the mojo or trix world.

Athos presents his compliments to the older man.  He knows enough of the Yakuza traditions to bow appropriately.  "Dona Valentina was unavoidable delayed but understands the delicate nature of this transaction and has sent me to make the final arrangements.  Please accept my humble self as a replacement."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (22:02:35/08-30-15)
Minnie assumed her professional position two human paces behind and one to the left of Athos as they approach their hosts.  Minnie doesn't expect to say a word throughout the exchange.  Her role will be to watch and listen, and respond if needed.  Knowing they are certainly doing the same to them, Minnie carefully takes in her surroundings via astral sight, AR, and meatspace.

[spoiler]Assensing: 6d6t5: 2 [6d6t5=3, 1, 5, 4, 1, 6] (http://orokos.com/roll/321617)
AR space: 3d6t5: 2 [3d6t5=6, 5, 1] (http://orokos.com/roll/321618)
Perception: 5d6t5: 1 [5d6t5=2, 3, 2, 5, 1] (http://orokos.com/roll/321621)[/spoiler]

As far as the obvious, Minnie was rather impressed at the Elven lady's poise.  How she managed to remain so elegant in that outfit mystified the adept despite all her experience at playing the seduction game.  If things were different she wondered what things she could learn from the woman.  But it wasn't to be.  Tonight was business and she kept her focus on Athos and his negotiations.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:39:46/08-31-15)
@Minnie There is a powerful jammer and you cannot sense the matrix at all. You might have noticed that your comlink stopped functioning even before entering the Joke. In the physical world you do not notice everything out of the ordinary. You did notice  a small closed sign on the door of the Joke and you can imagine that the Yaks would not let anyone disturb you.

Things change when you look into the astral, Mr. Ando is mundane and you do not sense any augmentations on him.  When you look at Strawberry you can sense that she is awakened. Her aura is bright and the play of color is quite unusual, you will definitely recognize her Aura if you see it again. Her provocative dress is actually a focus, but you are not sure about its exact function. You are also very surprised to learn that a spirit posses your business suit.

As you examine her in the astral, Strawberry contact you, apparently she was looking into the astral before you did. Regardless of what Strawberry is actually saying, her voice is like music to your ears. You find it difficult to suppress erotic thoughts about her. Even the most mundane conversation becomes seductive in your mind.  On the other side,  her voice comforts you and you can sense that some of the anxiety is taken away from you.

She 'speaks' and only Minnie can hear her words  “Young lady,  I have been watching you for quite some time now. There is something about you that causes me tremendous pain, I find you fascinating never the less. Why do you suffer young one?”

[spoiler]
Mechanically, communicating with Strawberry somehow seduces you, you resist her seduction with con + charisma. If you are seduced you are free to act as you want, this is no mind control. However, your character feels a strong desire toward Strawberry.  Since the conversation itself is not seductive in nature, you suspect that she cannot quite control it.   
seduce Minnie (http://orokos.com/roll/321679): 13d6t5 4
[/spoiler] 

@Athos
Your knowledge of the Yakuza tells you that Mr. Ando controls one of 3 major Yakuza groups in Seattle and that he held this position of power for the last 20 years. The scar on his left cheek is a mark of shame for breaking the Yakuza’s code of honor. It is also a mark of mercy, after doing the nasty, he came clean about his crime and placed his fate in his superior - that decided to spare his life. 

It is a known fact that his crime was common burglary trying to pressure a business to accept Yakuza protection.  The Yakuza’s have tremendous respect to the law of the state - they do not perform common crimes. They are similar to the Mafia in the sense that they struggle to run their domains without violence, in a the lawless Barrens the Yakuza are the closest thing to police.

Mr. Ando say “You can tell donna Valentina that it is not polite to make this kind of last minute swap and that Mr. Ando was deeply disappointed.”

After a short and awkward silence Mr. Ando continues
“I respect your boss and I will therefore deal with you.
Before we start, there is something that I need to explain before we get technical. First, as you can notice Strawberry is not one of us we, she will never be. I brought her here because you need to understand something.  Strawberry is attached to this place, it is her domain. She somehow senses every living creature in this domain. Us Yakuza and Mafia may struggle over power and dominance but Strawberry feels this place with her emotions.
 
I am willing to agree to let the Mafia establish a foothold here but Strawberry and her entire domain must remain under my own protection. That means that if you violate her rules, you will have problems with the Yakuza.  Even if you do it in your side of the street. “
He pauses trying to gauge your reaction to what he said.  Athos, you can feel that Strawberry wanted to add something -perhaps to explain but she stopped herself. In fact, other than saying her name she said nothing at all.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (06:17:59/08-31-15)
[spoiler]Resist seduction: Con 5 + Seduction specialization 2 + Charisma 5: ]12d6t5: 5 [12d6t5=1, 3, 2, 6, 5, 1, 3, 5, 6, 4, 6, 1] (http://12d6t5: 5 [12d6t5=1, 3, 2, 6, 5, 1, 3, 5, 6, 4, 6, 1)[/spoiler]

Minnie isn't exactly surprised to see that Strawberry is awakened, nor is she necessarily surprised to not be able to figure out just what she is or what her focus does.  She's young, after all, and rarely got out to see the world.  She notes what she's seeing in the back of her mind for further research later.  While she feels Strawberry's allure, for her it is more professional.  She watches the woman in both real and astral space to learn the woman's moves. 

You never know when such skills might come in handy.

She does watch for Athos and his reaction to Strawberry, doing her best to ensure her male friend isn't unduly influenced by Strawberry's charms.

What does surprise her is the spirit possessing her suit.  Having a strange spirit so intimate with her is distressing to say the least.  She examines the creature in more detail even as she responds to Strawberry.

[spoiler]Assensing Spirit in suit: 6d6t5: 3 [6d6t5=6, 6, 4, 4, 6, 3] (http://orokos.com/roll/321729)[/spoiler]

Minnie works hard to keep her physical and astral reactions neutral.  This is business, after all, and she's supposed to be just another of  Athos' holstered weapons rather than a player in these events.  Still, only she can respond to Strawberry in this manner so she tamps down her unease and engages the enigmatic woman in conversation.

"The world isn't exactly a nice place, Miss Strawberry," Minnie responds deferentially in words although she looks the woman in the eye as she speaks. Just how long has she been watching me, she wonders.  "By the end of the day, little mice are fortunate enough to have food in their belly, a safe place to sleep, and the prospect for nothing more tomorrow."  Minnie pauses just a moment to gesture to Athos with the barest twitch of her head.  "Now as much as I would love to discuss Nietzsche with you or share professional stories, I'm just a bodyguard tonight.  It'll be best for both of us if you ignore me and give your attention to my employer."

[spoiler]Note that, while Minnie has a logic of 2, one of her knowledge skills is modern and postmodern romantic literature, hence the Nietzsche reference. :-)[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (07:41:16/08-31-15)
@Minnie you can sense that the spirit in your suit is a fire spirit. Its magic is weaker than your own. Strawberry corrects you, “It is simply Strawberry...  do not be alarmed little mouse.” You know that she refers to the spirit when she tells you “My dream of passion is just an extension of my compassion toward you, she will keep you safe. Your friend seems more durable and I respect him enough to try and keep him out of my mind as I do not want to affect his judgement”
She pauses and then adds.  “Why won't you share a story with me? I am awfully lonely in here.”


[spoiler]
If you know about magical traditions or metasapiants, you can roll a knowledge check.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:52:23/08-31-15)
Athos concentrates his attention on the elder Yakuza leader.  He bows his head slightly.  "I will carry the words of your disappointment to Dona Valentina personally.  She did impress upon me that she was distressed to not be here tonight and that my honor is in jeopardy if I insult you or fail her."  After a short pause, Athos continues, The goals of the Yakuza and the Family are not so far apart, Ando-san.  We both desire structure and calm in our respective territories.  The Family respects that the Yakuza keeps peace within its domains, much as we do in ours.  Unfortunately, there are times when young hot heads feel the need to flex their muscles and create problems that can spill over and create larger problems, some times even crossing borders.  The Barrens is one such place where this seems to happen more frequently."

"Dona Valentina is interested in extending the Family's protection to territory that is not yet firmly in the control of either the Yakuza or us.  At the same time, she is interested in establishing a common place that is both Yakuza and Family and this warehouse can serve that purpose.  With proper care and preparation, the building can act as neutral ground where our representatives may meet to work out differences before they become problems."

Athos shifts his attention to the beautiful woman at Ando's side and bows to her as well before turning back to the man.  "As far as rules go, I am sure that we can agree to those terms, but I would need to know what they are before blindly agreeing."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (13:33:36/08-31-15)
“Why won't you share a story with me? I am awfully lonely in here.”

Minnie’s eyes twitch at the unexpected words.  Lonely? she wonders.  Why would she be lonely with people around.  Just who…what is she?

Strawberry is totally outside Minnie’s experience.  Almost all the young adept knows about her astral abilities she learned from Mouse.  No one in the Family who had been assigned to teach her to mask and bury her powers had done anything more than educate her how NOT to slip into astral sight.  Tony just hadn’t had the ability to help her.  Same with Athos.  Someday maybe the cat might…but that didn’t help her now.

Still, given the power of her allure, the mouse girl couldn’t argue with the idea of keeping this woman distracted from Athos.  Despite being a troll, Athos was a man and magically defenseless.  Strawberry was a handful even Minnie with all her experience could barely handle.  She knew herself to be in control of her passions yet despite that she could feel the space between her legs become slick and receptive.  It was a novelty for her – no one had ever been able to stimulate her without Minnie herself taking charge of her own arousal.  Not even Nagisa.

Her curiosity got the better of her and she bit the proffered hook.  “Why would someone like you be lonely?”

Even as she spoke the words, she somehow knew what the answer would be.  For the second time in her life, the first being Artee as an adept, Minnie felt real kinship.  She waited eagerly to find out if her suspicions were right.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (16:00:45/08-31-15)
The meet at the Downfall went as planned.  Roxxy was cordial and professional and Artie was impressed, despite the awkward appearance of the troll.  She handed her the mini-drone and explained the circumstances surrounding it, before asking if Roxxy could determine if it was just random happenstance, or some manner of threat to herself and others.  Determining the owner and checking any metadata on it should have been well within the realms of any competent decker.

Also, Roxxy seemed inclined to accept the offer of a more well paying job to provide a level of matrix overwatch for Athos's meet.  She relayed Athos offer of 5000 nuyen.  Roxxy nodded and let the cat adept know that she would likely be there.  If so, Artie would get a ping verifying.

With that, Artie left and caught up with Athos and Minnie, went over the plan, and then moved out to find her own way into the area.

A warehouse district offers a lot of play for someone with Artie's skills and she was able to quickly get a sense of how she might be able to move about the place without being seen (http://orokos.com/roll/321842).  Watchers and spirits would provide more of a problem, and Artie did not possess the ability to peek into the astral plane, like Minnie did, so she relied on keeping herself behind items that would provide a full visual obstacle to being spotted.

[spoiler]OOC: With her Sleeping Tiger, there is a -3 to perception rolls to spot her, in addition to any modifiers for darkness, etc.  That modifier does not apply to spirits, of course, just a standard perception for them.[/spoiler]

Once she had managed to find a good route, she moved through, not taking any unnecessary risks with more showy parkour maneuvers, just simple jumps and lifts to keep her where she needed to be.  As she did, she kept an eye out (http://orokos.com/roll/321843) for any potential threats, not only to her friends, but to the meeting as a whole.

Watching everyone arrive, she renewed her vigilance, and also waited for a ping from Roxxy.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (19:33:22/08-31-15)
@Athos Mr. Ando tells you "this area you are interested is within the domain of Strawberry. What happens in this area affects her health.  Therefore, no lethal weapons. Tasers are bust and if you must carry guns feel them with gel rounds or stick and shots. She does not tolerate excessive violence - this means no killing and if you had plan for massive violence forget it.
Any form of drug abuse or any other abuse is off the table. 
If you want to open a brothel and keep your drugged slaves in here - forget it.
If you plan to use violence you are walking on thin ice. "
Ando looks you in the eyes, lean toward you and whisper.
"If you want my advice don't allow anyone in your family to talk to her... She is not as innocent as she looks"
You clearly see that Strawberry is distressed when he say that, she struggles to keep silent.

@Minnie “I am lonely because none of the Yaks is allowed to talk to me, Ando executes them if they do. He fears that talking to me will change their loyalties. The Yakuza had a brutal war with me. He sent his best men and I turned them against him.  We reached peace eventually but since then, Ando completely forbids any of his men from talking to me or even forming a direct eye contact with me. Foreigners seldom arrive here, and when they do they usually cannot contain me.

To be completely honest, I only agreed that he let the Mafia into my domain because I am so lonely and I want to meet new people. I cannot see the world like you, I have roots to this place.” 
She pauses and then adds “Please tell me a story, I bet you know many interesting stories. I already admire you for not forgetting why you came here despite talking to me.  Please, just a short one.”


@Artie - Roxxy refuses the gig tonight. She is busy doing other things. She does accept the drone from you along with 500 nuyen and agrees to call you tomorrow afternoon to update you on her findings. You quickly reach the warehouse undisturbed sneaking past several Yakuza guards but discover that it is now locked.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (19:57:48/08-31-15)
Minnie struggles to follow the parallel real-world and astral conversations.  This is quite literally the first time in her young life that she's carried on a conversation in astral space and she'd much rather have been able to focus more on it.  The fact Strawberry was becoming more and more intriguing didn't help.

Just what is she? Minnie repeated in her inner thoughts for the upteenth time.

Minnie's uncertainty about responding finally broke when she saw how crestfallen the woman became as Ando explained to Athos about not talking with Strawberry.  Her heart went out to the girl.

"I'll talk with you," she offers in astral space.  "I can't promise I won't agree with the advice not to let others do so because I think Ando is right about some of it, but as long as the Family is allowed here I'll talk to you and tell you stories when I can.  I..."  Minnie stammers a bit as she debates how vulnerable to admit to being around the strange redhead.  "I, um, haven't ever spoken to anyone like this before.  I've never even stayed in magic space this long ever.  Until a month ago I was taught it was a bad thing to do."  Despite Minnie's best efforts her ears drooped as she spoke and her tail, while not exactly wrapped around her, was hovering very close to her body.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (20:54:47/08-31-15)
Minnie, “I would like it very much, speaking like you do now allows you to communicate in a method were very few people can eavesdrop and almost nobody can record. If your life are as exciting as I suspect,  you will find this method useful. It is true that seeing the astral exposes you to potential attacks but I feel that your family are just a little paranoid. They are afraid of what they can’t understand“

Strawberry seems to be excited that you plan to visit her again. You can feel that her aura grows brighter and her allure grows stronger with it.  In fact, you feel that you are excited as well.

She happily say.
“You should come during the day. My domain is a beautiful oasis. There are many trees and plants. My people are healthy and I try to keep them safe. You will like it very much,  it usually is the safest place in the barrens... not tonight, this night was very difficult for me - many foreigners with no respect brought their violence to my domain. This is why I gave you my passion dream to protect you.”

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:55:34/08-31-15)
Athos listens to the elder Yak with respect in his body language.  He is a bit surprised at what the man says about the Keeb.  "Ando-san, how much of this neighborhood is within the domain of Strawberry?  The warehouse we are buying from you and this bar and what else?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:40:09/09-01-15)
@Athos Mr. Ando sighs and tell you. "Her domain is a circle with 600 meters radius centered on that large tree in the parking lot of this place. This is actually why I wanted Valentina in here. Some of the area she wants to expend into is also included in that domain"

He then tells you.
"She is not so that bad tough. She is not after the same things that the Yakuza or the Mafia are and her reputation alone prevents a lot of trouble makers from getting here. These seem to have an unexplained bad luck.

Just earlier today one of the meanest orcs you'd ever meet, a real trouble maker too. He gave her absolutely no respect at all.  He mysteriously met his match by someone very professional... skilled enough to wipe up ten or maybe twenty of us on his own. This kind of stuff just happens when you do not follow her rules.  You can never be sure if it is her doing, or just bad luck."

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:04:53/09-01-15)
Athos nods and manages to keep most of the surprise at the size of this "domain" off his face and out of his voice.  "Ando-san, she controls a large space.  It will indeed encompass a bit of what the Family wants to claim.  I will not mar this discussion with doubt and so will accept what you say."  He looks at the woman sitting next to Ando again.  "And does good luck follow those that obey the rules?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:08:17/09-01-15)
Ando say "Again, you can never prove it but I believe so and so does my underlings."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:15:01/09-01-15)
Athos considers this for a moment then says, "Thank you for telling me these things, Ando-san.  Now, I was led to believe that I was to examine the warehouse and then make the decision to close the deal.  May I ask for a tour of the building?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (03:22:09/09-01-15)
Minnie has been tracking both conversations despite the challenge.  When Athos addresses Strawberry, she worries for her friend.  Fortunately, Strawberry remains silent and Ando continues to flap his yap.  She continues to monitor the business side of things and watch Athos' back, but her interests are very much more on the astral plane.

Passion dream?  There is so much she doesn't know and wants to understand.  Maybe Mouse will come to her and explain things tonight.  Maybe not.  Mouse was skittish and highly mercurial.  Mouse also expects Minnie to figure things out on her own where possible.  If Mouse didn't see a threat in Strawberry, Mouse would as likely as not let things develop as they were developing.

"Thank you for not influencing my friend," Minnie says to the strange woman, gesturing to Athos.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:12:20/09-01-15)
@Minnie Strawberry looks you directly in the eyes and say "You are welcome... Be safe tonight."

@Athos Mr. Ando tells you: "You are paying a lot of money, I thought you'd want to examine the place. If you do not feel the need to we can close the deal right now, my price remains half a million, like I agreed with donna Valentina, I am a man of my word.

I also must warn you that there were some troubles earlier. We had some shadow-runners crushing into our party. One of them seemed to come for Venom, that disrespectful orc I told you about. The others stole one of our vehicles, I am still trying to figure out what they stole from us.

The runners also killed several of my men and made Strawberry very upset. I am giving you an heads up because these events happened not long ago. I am not sure if we've seen the end of it. The increased security is because of the runners not because I do not trust you to behave"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:16:27/09-01-15)
Athos shakes his head.  "These are troubling words, Ando-san.  If violence is prohibited, then those that work in this area are at a disadvantage against thugs with real bullets.  I would offer any assistance that you feel is appropriate should these thugs return."  He nods to the older Yak.  "But I would like very much to look at the building.  Was there any structural damage?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:56:41/09-01-15)
@Athos Minnie, Artie(?) Mr. Ando says “Do not worry, I have thirty men here and another five guarding the warehouse. Strawberry promised me that she has magical security, tough I personally know very little about these things. I did my best to guarantee yours and my own safety. I suspect that you guys are more capable than the average family member, otherwise you wouldn’t be here in the first place.”

He takes you to the warehouse and click a code combination to open it. “Here have a look, we even cleaned the place so it feels new.”  He said. If you follow him to the warehouse you can see an empty warehouse with white walls. 

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (13:50:35/09-01-15)
The Yakuza don't mess around, Artie thought to herself.  There were a lot of them here, if they wanted to get the jump on Athos, there was nothing for it.

Still, it looked like everything was on the up, and Artie focused her attention on anything that might be a third party.  She still hovered far from the edges, no doubt there were Wachers set up and she didn't want to tip them off any more than the goons on the ground.  She took some film of what she was seeing, for Athos later, he could keep it or delete it if he wanted, but what she saw might be helpful to him.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (15:27:39/09-01-15)
Minnie follows Athos as the troll enters the warehouse, maintaining her place exactly two human steps behind and one to the left of her primary.  As much as she dearly would love to speak more with Strawberry right now, business comes first.  With 30 Yakuza goons and just two of them, she couldn't afford to let her guard down. 

If Strawberry asks her, she'll say as much...along with another promise of ample time in the very near future just for their dialog.

The mouse adept continues to monitor in all three sights as she follows after Athos.  (feel free to roll for me if needed- I can't at work)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:30:23/09-01-15)
@All you find yourself very agitated going to a warehouse with a small gangster army accompanying you. Apparently this business transaction is very important to the Yakuza. Mr. Ando enters the warehouse with you leaving his goons outside.  You look around and see an empty warehouse, there is one thing that took you a little while to notice. It is smaller on the inside. “That’s odd” Say Mr. Ando and clicks on the wall, “these are drywalls.

At the same time in the car Nagisa spots something very subtle in the matrix. The lock on the door, it is brand new, but the warehouse is over 50 years old... why would the Yaks install a new lock and expensive lock just before selling the place. While making the new system appear old and worn out to the naked eyes. Nagisa does not yet understand what it is all about but due to her gut instinct she fire a message. .  >> Get the fuck out of there!  She texts.

She is however, too slow, you rush to the door just to discover that the warehouse locks itself down on you. Not just the lock is new it is an entire security system blocking all exits with reinforced steel.  You are trapped inside.  Back in the matrix Nagisa start seeing more and more disturbing signals that make their way to the warehouse. She knows these too well, these are signals sent to standard, off the shelf explosive triggers - she spoofed them countless times. Finnigan family loves its explosives. Still it all happens so quickly and Nagisa’s logical mind is not comprehending what happens - she kicks her deck into action and starts intercepting these signals one after another.

Several milliseconds later she understands, somebody is trying to blow up that place. The new lock, it was a trap, Mr. Ando must have triggered it while entering the passcode.
>>They try to blow up the warehouse!!! I cannot jam their signal for much longer. They will get through eventually. GET OUT NOW!

Quickly dismantling one of the drywalls you discover the horrifying truth. Small packs of standard explosives all connected to each other decorate the entire outside wall. Mr. Ando... seems concerned, he say  “these explosives are aimed to direct the blast inwards, we have been betrayed friends.”  He switch to Japanese and say to himself “This is a new low, even for you Valentina.”

Time is running out and if you want to live you have to think quickly.


@Minnie  -  You spot the ruse with enough time to respond before being blown to pieces. Thanks to Nagisa jamming the signals, you should have an indefinite amount of time.  In the astral you can sense that the warehouse is warded by a F3 ward. Dream of Passion tells you “Strawberry created this ward - this is why we can pass easily. “  After you find yourself trapped, You can hear Dream of Passion in your mind, she is saying - “My task is to protect you... but I have no idea what to do... I will do what you ask me.”

@Artie - I wasn't sure if Artie is in or out - so I will let you pick where she would be.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:36:30/09-01-15)
[spoiler]Some additional information.

1. The building - I have the Google Maps building in mind, the walls are wooden, just the windows are covered with steel.

2. The explosives, they are standard explosives that are manufactured by the a Mafia business.  Nagisa knows them very well and have worked with them many times.  This is why she was so fast to identify the danger. They are the 2075 equivalent of C4 bricks. The explosive charges are glued to the wall so that the shock wave will bounce of the wall and pressure the inside space.  The brick shaped charges are covered with many metallic sharp objects that will be tossed from all directions inside the warehouse. (Like many frag grenades).

If the purpose was to demolish the building there was no need to use that many explosives. Drilling a few holes in key places and filling them with few grams of C4 - would do the trick. If the Demo man was in a hurry, the building could also be demolished with a big explosive charge in the middle of the room.  This would simply knock the walls out and drop the roof over your head. 

To anyone skilled in demolition it is clear that these explosives were designed by a professional demolition expert.  Especially to make sure that nobody inside the warehouse survives.  You can be just a few meters of the building and barely feel the explosion. As all the energy is directed inside.

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:39:24/09-01-15)
"Yulia, get the fuck out of there!  They're trying to blow up the warehouse!!! I can't jam their signal for much longer. They will get through eventually. GET OUT NOW!"

Although she might have precious little experience in the outside world, years spend between the sheets with men and women who made big things happen and loved to regale their stories to her as she serviced them gave her ideas.  She hoped those stories had enough truth to them to get her, Athos, and their Yak colleague out of this mess alive.  She had no idea just WHO was behind this set up, but what she DID know is they had to survive if they ever wanted to sort it out.

She remembered several client stories telling about heists where they were confronted with a nigh impenetrable steel door set in a wood frame house.  She hoped the solution she'd had described to her worked here.

"Passion," she instructed the helpful spirit in astral space, "protect Ando.  Trust me- I'll be fine, little one."

In the meat world, Minnie quickly scanned the cavernous space for a nearby spot of wall that didn't have explosives attached.  She then girded her lithe but sturdy frame and, with all her strength and speed,  barreled through the wall with a cry of "Follow me!"

[spoiler]I have no idea what to roll.  Feel free to roll for me whatever is appropriate.  I'm thinking some combination of strength and agility since she's taking advantage of inertia to enhance her strength force.  Here is the link to Minnie's sheet (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Mcrbxz0w5NdVM0T0I0dUY4Mnc) again.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (18:52:29/09-01-15)
On hearing Nagisa's warning, Artie springs into action.  She makes her way to the warehouse from her position atop a nearby rooftop and leaps across the gap.  No time to care about watcher spirits as she scans the roof (http://orokos.com/roll/322168) for any potential rooftop access.  If she can get it open and drop a rope, some of those inside might be able to crawl out.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (21:24:30/09-01-15)
@Artie As you bolt to the rooftop you notice that there are no windows, however it is not very strong not at all. In fact you feel that it just barely carries your weight.

@Minnie Dream of Passion looks a little bit puzzled. She tells you  "I am protecting all of you, to the best I can... but I have no way to stop an explosion." She seems very frustrated about not knowing what to do about the coming explosion.  She is reluctant to change her position saying "I am not allowed to leave your clothes."

As you dash toward the wall Mr. Andu screams NOOO! - You are surprised how fast he reacts He drops to the floor and cover his head with his hands.

[spoiler]
@Minnie The walls have 15 hit points and defend damage with 10 dice. You can just kick them to brake. (Unarmed combat or clubs if you hit it with something).

If you are going to kick the walls tough,  it might trigger the explosives as they are already armed. Generally explosive charges are not very sensitive, this is what make them safe for transferring and deploying. Detonators, are very small and delicate explosives that can just blow up with a small electric current or rapid movement. These are carried separated from the explosive charges. The danger level in them alone is limited to losing a finger as they are very small in size. However, when they connected with the main explosive charge - triggering the detonator will cause a chain reaction that blows up the main explosive charge. This make them extremely dangerous to touch.

Roll Edge - if you get any net hits you do not trigger an explosive charge. If you do, the damage will be 16P +5 physical. To break the wall you need to dish enough damage. Having a spirit that posses your clothes means you get 5 additional points of armor to handle the damage.

Strawberry's spirit have also used its magical guard power.  That power is basically - "good luck"  it has some very subtle influence. It will not prevent an explosive charge from going off, but it does prevent you from glitching. That means, that if you glitch the edge roll - nothing happens. (other than a service is consumed by the spirit). Normally on a glitch, I'd have the entire warehouse to explode. 
That power effects all of you. (Including Artie and Mr. Ando)/

@Athos - if an explosive charge goes off you will also take 16P +5 physical damage, this damage can be cut in half by dash to the floor - this is what Mr. Andu is doing.

@Artie The roof has 13 hit points and defend damage with 2 dice - you can brake it with unarmed attacks. It does not defend itself and the only way to miss the roof is to glitch. (you cannot glitch because of the spirit as I explained above) There are no explosive charges on the roof.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (21:59:53/09-01-15)
Minnie heard Ando's reaction and could have stopped given her reflexes, but she really does believe this to be the best option given Nagisa's sense of urgency.  Maybe there is a better way, but with an explosion possibly seconds away there wasn't time to reason things out.  Action, even a hare brained one, was called for.  Without hesitation, and using all the unarmed combat skills Mouse and Athos had taught her, she crashed the wall.

[spoiler]Avoiding a big boom: Edge: 5d6t5: 3 [5d6t5=4, 1, 5, 5, 6] (http://orokos.com/roll/322219)

Hitting the wall: Unarmed combat: 13d6t5: 4 [13d6t5=4, 6, 3, 6, 1, 4, 5, 4, 4, 1, 1, 2, 5 (http://orokos.com/roll/322220)[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:41:58/09-02-15)
Intuitively understanding what Yulia is doing, Athos grabs the prone Yak and barrels into the wall with her.  He cradles the old man as he lifts a massive foot to kick the wall in the same general place that Yulia did.  He is hoping that their combined efforts will allow them to break through..

[spoiler]Roll edge to avoid the big boom.  Roll edge to avoid explosion (http://orokos.com/roll/322264): 6d6t5 4

Kick wall in same place as Yulia  Unarmed strike on wall (pre-edge) (http://orokos.com/roll/322265): 13d6t5 5  Rolling misses  Rerolling misses and exploding 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/322266): 9d6t5 5  Total of 10 hits[/spoiler]

Athos' foot connects solidly with the wood wall of the old warehouse. 

[spoiler]  Wall defense  Wall defense (http://orokos.com/roll/322289): 10d6t5 5  Damage taken is 10 + 5 net hits = 15.  The wall should be broken here, especially of Yulia managed any damage on her own.[/spoiler]

He may have been strong enough to knock a hole in the wall or the old wood might have been weaker here.  It does not matter.  Suddenly there is a hole large enough for at least Yulia and Ando.  If the hole is large enough he carries Ando through, but if not Athos tosses the old man through the new door and yells, "Yulia get out of here!"   He then takes another kick to widen the hole to get through.  While doing this he sends a message to the trix wizard.  >>Nagisa.  Is there any way that you can get a fix on the signature of who set these explosives?  Somebody set us up and I would like to know who.  My guess is that you will need to do so before it blows up.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:46:49/09-02-15)
@everyone  Within a few seconds Athos and Minnie manage to kick a hole in the wired wall. As they jump through the hole they find themselves outside of the warehouse. Just in time to spot Artie jumping from the rooftop to avoid the explosion. Like Adno predicted, this explosion is so skillfully designed that it has virtually no effect at all even though you are no more than one meter when it finally blows up.

You feel a little dizzy trying to digest what just happened and how things progressed. It all happened so quickly, you are not sure what you think. When you look around you you discover that you are surrounded by tens of Yaks. You can only assume that their number is 30, like Mr. Ando claimed but at this point the difference is only academic. Mr. Ando cleans himself up and look in disbelief on the warehouse that is no nothing more than splinters. You can say that he is deeply insulted. His lovely and friendly body language is replaced by something else, cold and sharp. “Please accompany me, we need to talk.” is all he said.

Despite the use of ‘please’ tens of angry Yaks armed with tasers makes you believe that this is not a request at all. The yaks ask you for your weapons and comlinks, if you do not resist they perform a physical search and remove every piece of equipment they discover other than clothes and armor.

[spoiler]
Artie has the opportunity to roll stealth to avoid being captured by the Yaks.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (03:15:07/09-02-15)
Minnie hands over her knives, her only artificial weapons.  She doesn't need them to be effective anyway.  If the male Yak toughs insist on frisking her, she'll make it clear that Strawberry isn't the only female around who can be disruptive and make men foolish.  She'll flirt shamelessly with them in an effort to keep them from realizing that her eyeglasses have an integrated commlink.  Assuming she gets to keep her glasses, she intends to record everything that happens now - full sight and sound.

[spoiler]Flirt with the toughs who frisk her to direct them away from noticing her glasses have integrated commlink ability: Seduction: 12d6t5: 6 [12d6t5=5, 3, 1, 5, 1, 4, 5, 1, 1, 5, 5, 6] (http://orokos.com/roll/322305)

Holy cow, six hits!  Strawberry, eat your heart out!  I am mouse, hear me roar! Rawr!!!  ;)
[/spoiler]


Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:22:55/09-02-15)
Athos shakes his head to clear it and get the ringing in his ears to go away.  He uses the opportunity to subvocalize a command to Bruno to get Nagisa out of the area.  He surrenders his gun, noting with some satisfaction that several of the Yaks take a step back when they see the huge hand cannon.  The gun is a specially modified Ruger Super Warhawk.  It takes normal rounds, but was been customized to fit his hand.  Some of the modifications were designed to make the weapon even bigger than it had to be, adding to its overall intimidation factor.  It also has an integral commlink, something rather rare, or so he hopes.  It is still on and transmitting to the rest of the team.  He allows himself to be searched and looks at his friend.  "Do as they say, Yulia."

Athos looks over at the old Yak and adds, "Not that I am in any sort of bargaining position here, Ando-san, but would you consider letting the woman go?  She is acting in a purely secretarial role and keeping her adds nothing to any gain you might expect.  If you keep her, I respectfully request that she be treated with respect.  You will have to kill me if you hurt her."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (03:33:34/09-02-15)
Minnie hears Athos' words and doesn't say anything, she just continues to put out the mojo in the hopes the toughs will want to keep her around.  And if she doesn't get to stay, that their imaginations will be with her and not focused on doing whatever they're supposed to be doing against Athos.  Given they already look to be eating out of her hand, she has reason to expect that she'll have her desired impact.

[spoiler]By the way, I have no idea how much damage Minnie took when she broke through the wall.  Regardless, she's playing the vulnerable little female for all it's worth.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:51:44/09-02-15)
@Minnie the search you receive from the goon is very intrusive, especially as you work your magic and use the physical touch to excite the man just a little bit so it is not obvious. You can tell that he is aroused and that at certain point the attention is given more to your femininity than to find weapons. The goon take off your glasses, but as he does your tail is stroking his thigh in a suggestive manner, at the same time, your face masterfully display vulnerability and affection. The goon’s hand wanders down the suit and you can notice that he left the glasses in one of your internal pockets. “Name is Charlie...  sexy mouse, give me a call.” He whispers as he does. Minnie just understand, not only Charlie knows she has a comlink, he just shared his own frequency with her glasses.

@Athos - Mr. Ando looks at you and say nothing. He is not going to negotiate with you now. Apparently the Joke has a basement and there you are headed. On the back of your eye you can see the car leaving and you can tell by her hand movements that Nagisa is very upset about it.
After an awkward silence he say "It is not me killing you that you need to worry about... this bomb was Finnigan job."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:57:54/09-02-15)
Athos smiles to himself without letting it get to his face.  He follows the Yak escorts to the basement of the bar.  His hope is that Ando will give him credit for saving his life and spare Yulia any torture.  He has taken his share of beatings before and can take another. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (08:44:24/09-02-15)
Minnie feels a little bad at having undermined Athos' plan to get her away from all this, but it's a minor regret compared to her satisfaction at remaining by her friend's side in his time of need.  With thanks to both Mouse and Tony for the skills which allow her to deftly pluck the strings of the sex-dimmed people around her, she surreptitiously slips her glasses back on, making it appear that suddenly she can see straight again despite the fact that she had 20/10 vision without them.  She decides to leave the Yak tough's contact in her contacts file - like with the Humanis kid earlier, you never knew when such a contact might come in handy.  She then ensures her specs are recording full audio and visuals.  She does NOT transmit in order to avoid some enterprising hacker catching her game.  If she gets out of this alive, she'd have the data.  If not, well she wouldn't be worried over it then.  In any case, who knew if the basement was shielded anyway and the risk of transmitting would be for naught anyway.

As she enters the building sticking close to Athos' back, Minnie looks carefully around her in all three of her sights.  She wants to be prepared for anything.  She's also curious if Strawberry might make an appearance.  At the very least perhaps Passion might have some insight into what might be in store for her.

"I'm sorry for confusing you, little one," she tells the spirit in astral space.  "I've never worked with a spirit before so I hope you will be patient with me."  The next words escaped her before she really thought about it.  Maybe it was the stress...her desire for a distraction from the tenseness around her...her need for some last cheerful talk before her very possible demise.  "What's it like being a spirit?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:16:31/09-02-15)
@Minnie Passion Dream say
“It is difficult to explain as your kind calls by the name spirit to so many different things. I will do what I can to explain about my keen with metaphors from your own world. I hope you will understand.

Imagine yourself going to sleep, and then imagine that your mind drifts into some lucid dream. Where you are yourself, but everything else follows different rules. Rules that seem completely arbitrary to you. But are obvious to everybody else in your dream.  This is how I perceive your world, nothing here is real - if I am 'killed' I'll wake up terrified in my world and say that it was just a bad dream. Otherwise, I may have a better dream but this is what this world is - to me a dream.

I dreamed about Strawberry and you and the bombs in the warehouse, none of you are real to me. I know it is difficult to accept that you are nothing but a fictional character to me. Don't be hurt,  I do like you and Strawberry very much and I experienced the conversation between you as an erotic dream. It make me a little sad that I will soon wake up and may never dream about you and Strawberry again. In fact, I may completely forget about you shortly after waking up“
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:37:25/09-02-15)
Athos has no answer for the Yak boss that will mean anything to him.  He is certain that Valentina did not do this thing, but has no means of proving it.  He needs to endure whatever is about to happen and live to report back.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (14:37:20/09-02-15)
As she notes the Yakuza taking Athos and Minnie, she rushes quickly to where the Yakuza left their vehicles.  Her Sleeping Tiger is activated as she moves quickly and quietly (http://orokos.com/roll/322409) to the nicest of the vehicles, presumably the leader's, and slips a stealth tag onto it.  Having tagged the main target, she proceeds to slip a few tags on the other vehicles, just in case the leader goes somewhere different from Athos.

[spoiler]-3 to perception rolls to spot her, in addition to any modifiers for darkness[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:47:07/09-02-15)
@Artie you manage to get unnoticed but distances are so small that people are going by foot. The Joke and the now shattered warehouse are like 50 meters distance. You can spot that Bruno is taking Nagisa back, Athos is taken to the basement, and for some reason Minnie is taken to the second floor. If you want to try and find some evidence this is the time, all the Yaks seem to be securing the Joke and none of them seem to be looking at the shattered warehouse.


@Athos a couple of men take you into a small basement room. Mr. Ando tells you.
"Look Athos I am a businesses man, I am willing to release you if you buy the warehouse full price, non negotiable plus a bonus of 100k for the discomfort your family caused me. You have not much time to negotiate because the longer I keep you here the more suspicious they'll become."


@Minnie - you are taken to the second floor of the Joke to a small hotel like room. There are two guards at the door and two down the window. Strawberry waits there for you sitting on the bed. When you arrive she get up toward you and warmly greet you.  "I am so glad you are still alive. I managed to snatch you for just a short while before they question you. Please don't try to runaway or anything. It is a big favor I am pulling just to be able to talk to you like this." This is actually the first time you hear her voice and it is like music in your ears, you have never heard a voice quite like that.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (16:17:38/09-02-15)
A dream…

Minnie hadn’t known what to expect as an answer to her impromptu question, but that certainly wasn’t anything she could have imagined.  How often had she dreamed in her life?  Her training with Mouse had been in dreams.  Did that mean she was a spirit in Mouse’s home?  What about all the dreams she’d had of tropical beaches, castles, and other worlds?  She’d read so many books and lived so many lives  in dreams that stemmed from her outlet.  Was she manifesting as a spirit somewhere else?  The concept was mind boggling and yet again she had to shove an exciting topic to be back of her mind because real life was being so insistent.

Her attention and ears perked up when she was guided by some insistent escorts to go up rather than down stairs with Athos.  She did NOT want to be separated from her friend, but it happened so fast she didn’t have a chance to start her seduction efforts again before she sensed Strawberry where she was heading and decided to see what happened next.  She made her way through the archaic wooden hallway to the room holding Strawberry’s vivacious astral signature.

"I am so glad you are still alive. I managed to snatch you for just a short while before they question you. Please don't try to run away or anything. It is a big favor I am pulling just to be able to talk to you like this."

Minnie had once heard a  carillon.  She had been taken to the University District for a rare house call with a client and the unearthly chimes from a nearby bell tower had entranced her.  Strawberry’s voice drew her back to that sound.

I wonder how many instruments were inspired by people like Strawberry.  As if there was anyone else quite like Strawberry……

The intriguing woman rushed to greet Minnie as she entered the warmly lit room.  Her escorts stayed outside in the hallway and the white painted door closed behind her.  It was clear the men were to have no contact with the strange redhead.

I can’t really blame them for not wanting to come in.  If Strawberry and I joined efforts, I don’t know if anyone could withstand us. …

In fact…… she cut off the thought for now, but held it in reserve in case she needed a ‘break glass’ option.

“Strawberry,” she asked urgently, “are they going to hurt Athos?  There no chance I’m running away because I will not leave without my friend.”
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:50:45/09-02-15)
@Minnie, Strawberry answers "They respect my domain, I'll know if they torture him. I would not be too worried as long as he is in this building."  She grabs your hands and look you straight in the eyes, you can sense that she is very excited "Finally, someone I can actually look at... and touch" She whispers. "Will you dance with me Minnie? I haven't danced in a while and we'll need some privacy for what I am about to tell you."
[spoiler]
How would Minnie introduce herself ? Minnie? Yulia someone else?

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (17:18:16/09-02-15)
Minnie gulped.  Although control of her mental passion was never…quite…in question, her body was another thing entirely.  Her heart jumped at Strawberry’s touch, and then kept pounding in Minnie’s unusually-placed ears.  Rarely had she ever been truly excited before in her life and then it had always been something bad – a serious threat from a client with her helpless and disallowed from responding.  Now twice she’d had this exhilerated feeling in just the past 30 minutes.  Her near death experience in the warehouse, this time such that she not only could but DID do something about it, and now this.  She’d heard from her clients and Tony that people became addicted to this ‘rush’ of excitement.  She’d never quite believed it before.

She believed it now.

Is this how other people feel around me? she wondered as she gazed into Strawberry’s brilliant green eyes.  If I had any less experience at doing the same thing, I’d be eating out of her hand now.  Hell, if she asked I still probably would!

 "Finally, someone I can actually look at... and touch" Strawberry whispers into Minnie’s twitching ear. "Will you dance with me Minnie? I haven't danced in a while and we'll need some privacy for what I am about to tell you."

And isn’t that what she’s asking?  If not to eat from her hand, to take it?

Still, it was clear that the feelings in the room were not one sided.  The tremble in the woman’s whisper…the shimmer of her vibrant eyes.

Not sure who was leading and who was following anymore in this dance between the sheets…sans the sheets…Minnie nodded despite a lingering fear of just what she’d be when the stepping was done.  “I...” she swallowed again to moisten her suddenly dry throat.  “I’m not much of a dancer,” she admitted, suddenly finding herself shy and looking downward.  What is wrong with you, Minnie!  Eye’s up girl!  She looked back up and again lost herself in those emerald pools.  “A mentor of mine was teaching me but…well…our classes appear to have been interrupted by fate.”

Something about Strawberry made Minnie feel like she was ten again.  Like the nightmare of the past decade hadn’t happened.  That all the shame and pain she’d accumulated paying her keep might be no more than a very bad dream.

She thought of Dream of Passion.

Maybe it was just a bad dream.  Is Strawberry waking me up?

Tossing caution to the winds she opened her arms to Strawberry’s embrace and let the more experienced woman lead her in whatever might come next.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:54:59/09-02-15)
@Minnie Strawberry puts a soft and romantic music and embraces you. You can feel her delicate body and you instinctively attune yourself to her rhythm. Her smell is intoxicating and
for a moment you just want to forget everything.  You can tell that Strawberry is very excited. She dances with you for a couple of songs feeling you. Her eyes close and she seems to just enjoy her moment with you. 

You are a bit disappointed, when after a couple of songs she whispers to you, and what she whispers sort of remind you where you are and what just happened.
"Mr. Ando accuses your boss lady for trying to kill him.  If we do not prove him wrong, it will start a war and many will die. It is all my fault -  I was to protect the warehouse.  But so many things happened at the same time. Powerful Shadowrunners - doing god know what in my domain killing people and using military grade weapons.

 I think there were 3 groups, maybe more -  I got distracted - I tried to keep casualties to minimum, subtly interfering in their affairs but these just kill without thinking. I am not really invincible like the Yakuza thinks. I am only flesh and blood.

One of these runners knows about the warehouse. I learn everything I can about any powerful person in my domain - I can find them for you. Please, we have to stop this war." You can hear in her voice that she is crying. "Just hold me until they take you away from me. she whispers.
 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (20:44:15/09-02-15)
Minnie holds Strawberry in silence as the two sway back and forth in each other's arms.  She doesn't know what to think about the story she's just been told.  What she does know is that the goals of everyone important in her life - Athos, Strawberry, and the Family - appear to be aligned.  She will stop at nothing to find the culprit and bring this sorry affair to a satisfactory conclusion.

And then, once the dust had settled, she'd finally be able to sit with Strawberry and tell her the story she had promised the amazing elf.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:50:49/09-02-15)
Athos has to duck to enter the basement room, which is mall enough that he takes up a considerable amount of the available space.  He keeps the smile from his face as he looks down at the Yak boss.  "Ando-san, thank you for doing as your honor demands and giving me this chance.  We both know that I will refuse your offer and that you will now try to convince me to do this thing.  The Family did not do this and Dona Valentina would have me killed if I agreed.  We appear to be at a stand-off.  Would you agree to letting me go so that I can find out who did this if I promise to return to you and show you the proof?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:21:21/09-03-15)
@Athos - Mr. Ando tells you
" I will tell you as much. I know quite a lot about the Finnigans - perhaps more than yourself. It is a matter of age and it is my job to know the competition. You are new in this level of power - I am running the show for 20 years.  I was a player for 20 more years. There are certain traditions in the Yakuza, and despite my own personality I cannot ignore them. You see Athos, I have no ego, I have no honor I am nobody, I am just a man in a position of power - but that power is not my own. Killing me, will just place some other person in my position - this is how I got my position of power to begin with.

Someone else would have killed you guys already, instead your mouse friend is in the warm embrace of Strawberry and you are talking to me here.  I am not allowed to torture you in here. To the outside viewer this night would appear as if we retreated her to celebrate the signing of a deal and your friend had a pleasant and romantic evening with the lusting lady.

I am a flexible man, I played along with Strawberry's very odd show.  I could have just killed her, I really could. However, the entire neighborhood worship and fear her like a vengeful goddess.  They behave better due to that fear, it is useful. Do not illusion yourself,  a single half naked lady cannot protect herself from the Yakuza.   I decided to play along - and make her appear even bigger by signing a compromise treaty with her. Then again, if I kill her I will need to spend my own resources to keep the people in their best behaviour. It will work as long as she does not get too ambitious.

So creativity and flexibility are not the problems here. I would happily let you go if I could just do that. Even if I am at the top of the pyramid now I am part of the system. The only way that I can keep quiet about what just happened. Is if I lie and say that the transaction happened before we visited the warehouse, and that visit was just a formality. The building was demolished to build a bigger one.  I'll then use your 100k to give all my men a bonuses and send them to some course in the motherland. You'll have about a week to understand who sold you out, and bring their disgraced body to me.

If you fail, I'll tell my equals that I took the money to secure a ceasefire and that I need the time and money to prepare for war anyhow. If you don't play along Athos... I'll just have to follow protocol. I guarantee you that I will take no enjoyment from your demise. You'll get your money back, when I get that body I need to seal the deal."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:41:43/09-03-15)
Athos considers the words of the old man as well as his other options, none of which are good.  He looks the Yak boss in the eyes and says, "I need my commlink and my gun.  I was told that you have an account number to give to me to clear the transaction.  Once the money is paid I will expect my associate and I to be released and that your men will not bother us as we look at the ruins of the warehouse.  If we are in agreement I will pay you the money agreed upon."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:47:09/09-03-15)
@Athos He gives you the account number.  "It is your warehouse Athos, you just bought the place. Your friend is in Strawberry's room, I am not sure what they are doing in there but  I cannot imagine that she suffers. Feel free to knock politely on their door it is the first room in the second floor."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:10:42/09-03-15)
Athos takes his 'link and makes the call to transfer the funds and holsters his gun after getting it back.  He bows slightly to the Yak.  "Ando-san, I will get to the bottom of this.  Someone wanted to start a war here and I will find out who.  He lets some of the men guide him up to the second floor, where he knocks on the indicated door.  "Yulia?  It is time to go, if you are ready.  I will be over in the warehouse so please join me when you are through."

Athos descends the stairs and leaves the Joke to go back to the destroyed warehouse.  On the way he places three calls.  >>Bruno.  You did well tonight,  We will talk later as I still have the other two phases of this little play to finish out.  If you have not dropped Nagisa off, you may return here.  There is work for her to do, I think.<<  >>Artie.  If you did not get blown up, please come to the wreckage of the warehouse.  I need your sharp eyes.  No bomb I know of is completely destroyed when it goes off.  There will be something remaining for us to find; some clue.  I saw part of the bomb before it went off and this was no amateur job.  Someone will know his explosive fingerprint and lead us to him.  I do not want to waste too much time.<<  The last call is to a normally unavailable number.  >>Dona Valentina.  The transaction is completed, but there has been a complication.  Someone wants war between the Family and the Yakuza and wired the warehouse for demolition.  I believe that the intended targets were you and the Yakuza boss you were dealing with.  Such an act would have enraged both sides.  My associate and I managed to get the former owner out of the building just before the explosion.  He is justifiably upset and I can understand his feelings.  I am trying to search the ruins of the building for some clue that will lead me to the bomber.  I can say that it appeared to me that the explosives were Mafia produced.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:27:29/09-03-15)
Athos takes his 'link and makes the call to transfer the funds and holsters his gun after getting it back.  He bows slightly to the Yak.  "Ando-san, I will get to the bottom of this.  Someone wanted to start a war here and I will find out who.  He lets some of the men guide him up to the second floor, where he knocks on the indicated door.  "Yulia?  It is time to go, if you are ready.  I will be over in the warehouse so please join me when you are through."

Athos descends the stairs and leaves the Joke to go back to the destroyed warehouse.  On the way he places three calls.  >>Bruno.  You did well tonight,  We will talk later as I still have the other two phases of this little play to finish out.  If you have not dropped Nagisa off, you may return here.  There is work for her to do, I think.<<  >>Artie.  If you did not get blown up, please come to the wreckage of the warehouse.  I need your sharp eyes.  No bomb I know of is completely destroyed when it goes off.  There will be something remaining for us to find; some clue.  I saw part of the bomb before it went off and this was no amateur job.  Someone will know his explosive fingerprint and lead us to him.  I do not want to waste too much time.<<  The last call is to a normally unavailable number.  >>Dona Valentina.  The transaction is completed, but there has been a complication.  Someone wants war between the Family and the Yakuza and wired the warehouse for demolition.  I believe that the intended targets were you and the Yakuza boss you were dealing with.  Such an act would have enraged both sides.  My associate and I managed to get the former owner out of the building just before the explosion.  He is justifiably upset and I can understand his feelings.  I am trying to search the ruins of the building for some clue that will lead me to the bomber.  I can say that it appeared to me that the explosives were Mafia produced.<<

@Artie you get a text  from Bekki - "Hey Artie... I know it is soon and the hour is late... but do you want to go out tonight?"

@Minnie - When Athos is at the door, Strawberry says her goodbye and shares her comlink frequency with you. It is difficult for her to let go, she holds you tightly for a long moment and softly whispers  Feel free to call me *any time*.. As she does, her lips are almost touching your mouse hears and you can feel the air she gasps tickles and excites you. 

Athos about an hour later Bruno texts you.
>> Athos, I am glad you are alright man I knew you get out of this mess. That bitch maced me and bolted out, while I was driving. She locked the doors too - some hacking trick!  I nearly had an accident, that bitch!!! Long story short, I bolted out through the windshield and subdued her. She is alive and safe but it isn't pretty. The safehouse master was very angry. I believe Nagisa is being questioned right now. I am sorry if I failed you, I honestly did everything that I could but she was very upset and the fact that she did not trust me did not help one bit. 


Athos 2 hours later. you get a replay from Valentina's phone. (at about 2:00 am)

>> Athos, This is Robbie the 'Horse'. You met me the other day but your attention was someplace else. Listen, the thing is everybody are certain that Valentina was in that warehouse that blew up. As I was trying to figure out where she was -  I found her comlink in one of my personal places. Only she could place it there. I therefore believe that she is alive and hiding.
 
Things are getting ugly in the family the entire inner cycle are discussing the situation. I will be your boss until we figure out what happened to Valentina.  You seem to be the only else that knows she is not dead. I want you and Yulia to go off grid. Do not contact anyone in the family, anyone that knows you are alive may risk your life.

Your job is to find Valentina and figure out what really happened in that warehouse. Voices in the family are more emotional than rational at this point it will get very ugly very quickly and if you go back nobody will be looking into this mess.  Keep the rest of the funds on that credstick to finance your further endeavors I'll take complete responsibility, should things come to that, but do not over pay for stuff and do not spend it all at once. I may not be able to wire new money.
Good luck!
The Horse.


Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (22:12:07/09-03-15)
Minnie shivers at the intimacy of Strawberry's touch.  "any time" had so many meanings.  She doesn't want to leave - she has so many question - but now wasn't the time.  She has her duty and there is precious little time to find out who wanted them...or more accurately Dame Valentina...dead.  Before she lets go of her new...friend?...she asks two more questions in astral space.  "Will you contact me when you have more information, or should I check with you later to find out what you've found out?  And what about Dream of Passion?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (22:45:57/09-03-15)
@Minnie Strawberry said "I will contact you in the morning with some information about work, I have some people pulling a long haul for me.
About my passion dream -  she will stay with you until she wakes up in the morning or until all her services are consumed. Me and her are mentally linked so, if you desire your privacy you can dismiss her. As much as it excite me to feel you so intimate, I respect your privacy, and do not want to make you uncomfortable"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:40:00/09-04-15)
Athos sends a text to Bruno.  >>Bruno.  You are now my link to the Family.  No one knows you were with me because it was so last-minute.  I am supposed to have died in the blast, along with Minnie and Valentina.  You have choices.  If you tell anyone that Minnie and I are alive, it is quite likely that whoever set us up will torture you to get information.  You can walk with the 2K I already gave you.  You can stay loyal to me and earn up to 10K or more for your silence and your help.  Decide soon as this burner is going to the trash in a few minutes.<<

He considers his options then makes another call, this one to a sometime arson inspector he knows is a bit "flexible" in his morals.  "Willy.  Athos here.  There has been a warehouse explosion at the address I am sending you.  It is on Family turf.  I need you to get to the site and begin an investigation.  Look for evidence of the explosive used and the signature of the bomber.  It is almost certain that the Family will be there as well and ask you to do the same thing for them.  Feel free to get two paydays for this.  I am supposed to have died in the blast so do not mention that we spoke.  Doing so will draw the attention of whoever to die.  Let me know, but if I were you I would already be in the car heading over here.<<

He signals Minnie.  "Yulia, we need to leave.  Let others do the work for us.  We cannot afford to be seen here and I am sure that the Family is already on the way now.  We need to talk about finding a place to crash and other things."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:14:48/09-04-15)
Athos Bruno tells you >> I am completely loyal to you. You already told me too much. I never talk about job, not even to family members. Either they know what I did or they don't. -If they don't they probobly shouldn't. Most of what I do is done in the dark anyhow. I'd appreciate the cash but my silence is free.  I'd rather not receive such a large amount of cash it will only raise unwanted attention. If you want to tip me that heavily make it when you are back from the dead. I'll buy a new burner and text you the code, please do not call this link again. I don't talk to Zombies.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:27:21/09-04-15)
Athos nods.  At least it seems that Bruno is going to help him.  Maybe.  The Ork has never given him reason to doubt him and that says a lot in this line of work.  He sends one last message.  >>Artie.  You need to get away.  The Family will be sending people to sift through the wreckage.  Perhaps you can observe them at work.  You remember Willy?  He worked that case on 54th?  Gave us a break when he could have turned evidence in.  Cost a bunch, but it was worth it.  Anyway, I sent him a note to get over here for a look-see.  I expect that he will be working for the Family and us but he has been straight so far.  Yulia and I are leaving to find a place to crash and consider the options.  Call me.<<

After sending the message Athos and Minnie move away from the area and into the night.  He looks down at his diminutive companion.  "So.  You got an idea where someone of my girth and size can crash?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:41:52/09-04-15)
Athos willy texts you
>> What it is I don't want to be there - this place is too hot, I don't want the Finnigans on my back.
I can guide someone on the phone on how to salvage stuff that I might be interested in and I can examine some items if you bring them to my office, but please forget to mention where you found them. Who knows where the family has ears.
 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:44:22/09-04-15)
Hmmm.  With willy a bust, Athos looks to Minnie.  "Do you have an in with someone that can work the explosion scene and get us some evidence we can use to help ID the bomber?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:58:08/09-04-15)
Athos Bruno texts you form some new com. >>Zombie - this is B. Listen you probably have a lot of stuff to do. So I'll be brief this is my link. I can send you my bike - give it back when you finish. I can also give you a place to crush, I haven't talked to anyone and it is nothing but a squat but you are so big that the inhabitants can't  really do much to object. I crush their place sometimes when I am too hot to go home.  You'll have to lose the suit if you want to go there. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:05:44/09-04-15)
Athos thinks.  >>Nah, man.  I do not want to burn your emergency place.  Minnie and I will find something.  What I need most of all is some ID.  You know a good writer?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:08:36/09-04-15)
Bruno text you >> I do know a good one but he is family.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:14:49/09-04-15)
>>Won't do.  Got to be indy.  Say wasn't there some woman over near the Rumble that did paper out of her room during the day when she was not turning tricks?  Mindy Star her name?<<

Athos breaks the connection.  The less Bruno knows about what the better for both of them.  He will contact him in an emergency.  He does have one other, non-Family asset and he sends the text.  >>Ando-san  I find that I am in need of assistance and will pay well to get it.  I need paper for my friend and I, as well as guns, a vehicle, clothes and other things.  Can you make someone available?"  He does not mention money because he is sure that the Yak realizes that he would not be calling him without assets.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:29:56/09-04-15)
Bruno texts you
 >>Don't get paper from some woman... got to be someone you trust. You can never tell a quality job from a poor one before they scan your papers.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:31:48/09-04-15)
>>Good point.  I will look around.  Save this link for emergencies and stay out of trouble.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (02:32:37/09-04-15)
Up until now, Minnie has lived in a world where any problem could be solved though action of the body.  She needed a ride to 'rescue' Jimmy, she whored herself.  She needed to stay with Athos or she needed to keep her comm, she whored herself.  Heck, even the events in the warehouse had been such a situation - she broke a wall and solved the problem.  Her body had been her avenue to an effective solution.

Now she faces a problem where she can't spend her body to buy herself out of a pickle.  It it's like the sun rose in the west and turned the sky green.

Well, she thinks to herself, it's just another learning experience.

She finds a quiet corner to contact Jimmy.  Other than Strawberry now, he's her best contact outside the family.  Anyone else, well except for the Humanis kid she met today, is Family or a client.

Jimmy, she texts the boy using her glasses.  She bought the device with her own money pretty recently, so with luck it was still secure.  I'm really proud of you and how you stood up for good people like Athos at the community center today.  I followed you to make sure you were safe and left once I was confident you were fine, but I did hang around long enough to see you shine.  I really do want to join you to the club when things settle down.  Sadly, that may be a while.  My latest project has kinda gone sideways.  Really, really bad sideways.  You wouldn't happen to know someone good with forensics, especially fire or explosion scenes, would you?  Someone not associated with the Finnigan Family?  We can pay.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:42:33/09-04-15)
Jimmy texts you back >> You were there, but how...?  I know this copper he did some digging into arson's and stuff like that... His name is David J. Burrell but everybody calls him Dudi.  Are you in trouble Yulia ? I am attaching his number.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:07:53/09-04-15)
Minnie during that night your commlink buzz from an unknown number.
It is a text message.

Yulia,
I hope that you are alive and well, I want to believe it myself. I could see the warehouse explodes but your icon I am sure it was still active after the explosion. I am writing to you because I am completely alone, terrified and I have nobody to talk to, nobody at all.

After the explosion that repulsive orc did not even want to check if you are alright. He just took us back. Said that I am too important and the usual crap. I couldn’t just leave not knowing what happened. He was mean and treated my like a child without a mind of my own. I tried to escape from him to go after you. I do not know what I could do if I succeeded,  but I had to know if you are alive. What followed was the most horrifying part of my life - I managed to mace him and escape the car locking him behind me. I thought I was doing well but... he is a monster, a lot faster than I anticipated. He jumped through the windshield ignoring the glasses, ignoring the pain the cuts. It did not slow him down, it only made him more angry.

It wasn’t long before he tackled me,  it was just him and me in a dark Barrens ally. I froze, terrified, I just cried. He still had pieces of glass in his skin and was so terrifying. As i froze his anger turned into something else - something a lot worse.  Oh Yulia there is no easy way to write it, I can barely type these words.  He kissed me and I didn’t resist.  He aggressively tore off my beautiful clothes,  I just lied there paralyzed with fear and completely helpless. I was too afraid to even cry for help. He almost raped me,  I have no idea why he stopped, but he got distracted and then forced himself to get off me.  He took me, shaken and terrified to the car and could not even look me in the eyes. He carried me like some package to the safe-house and just dropped me there by the door. He Did not even said hello. They just watched him leave without doing anything to defend me.

Since I got here I was physically examined and questioned again and again about any single second of our date. They told me that you are dead and there is going to be war and it is important that I remember any detail. Nobody seemed remotely interested in my emotional state, not at all. Instead of keeping me with my friends that could perhaps support and comfort me I am kept alone in isolation. I have nobody to talk to nobody at all. I am broken, shaken and terrified - please Yulia if you are alive, give me a sign just some small shred of hope. Something that can give me a reason to keep going.

Love,
Nagi.


[spoiler]
I can imagine that Yulia will be deeply disturbed to receive this letter. Except the obvious emotional stories, one thing that catch her eyes. Nagisa did not like people belittling her. She did not allow anyone but Yulia to refer to her as Nagi. Her signing a letter in that manner is completely out of character for her.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:30:59/09-04-15)
Athos checks his 'link in the morning but there is nothing from Ando.  He gets up with a slight snarl........the fragging bed is not nearly as good as his own.  He tries to stretch his muscles and manages to get some of the cramps out.  He is laying on the floor when a soft knock heralds Minnie's arrival.  He tells her to come in and immediately senses that something is wrong.  "Yulia, you are doing the tail thing again.  I know it looks bad right now, but we are still alive and will see this thing through.  It is OK to be nervous but try to not let the Yaks see that."  When Minnie shares the text from Nagisa, Athos realizes what has set his friend off.  His initial reaction is of anger at Bruno, then sorrow at what Nagisa is going through, then sympathy for Yulia.  Then he calms down and rereads the text.

"Hey, Yulia.  Have you considered that this is a warning from Nagisa?  Look, there is enough truth here to make it seem real, but some things just do not add up.  First, I know Bruno is a brute and that he might have tackled Nagisa to keep her from escaping, but he would not have tried to rape her.  Also, he told me that the minder was very angry, meaning that he at least spoke to her before leaving.  And look how she signed her name.  I have seen her go ballistic when someone called her that.  I think there is a good chance that she wrote this under duress and is trying to tell you not to contact her.  I know little about the trix, but she is one of the best and she would know that you did not die in the explosion because she was watching our icons.  No, you definitely do not want to respond to this.  Do I make any sense?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (14:27:00/09-04-15)
Minnie listened attentively to Athos.  She appreciated his gentle tone.  He must know just how agitated this had her at the moment.  Not only was her tail showing it, but her eyes were enough evidence of the tears she'd shed before coming to her troll friend.

"I...I know," she admitted without enthusiasm.  "I'd figured the same thing.  But...I can't be sure.  Athos, I know you think Brono wouldn't hurt her.  But put yourself in my shoes for just a moment.  He was never a gentle client.  The things he and his two buddies did..."  She shook herself before she started reliving the painful memories.  She took a deep breath and continued.  "That was a long time ago, though, and I had noticed the same things you had.  I won't respond.  If I had wanted to, I would have already and I haven't .  But whoever these bastards are know we survived.  They know my buttons.  And that Nagisa is scared and isolated isn't a lie.  I want to take these assholes down hard.  Just tell me what I need to do and I'll do it."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:12:46/09-04-15)
When you finish your conversation Strawberry knocks and upon your approval enters Athos' room. She seem to be happy to see Minnie in there as well. You are surprised that she is now wearing normal clothes that are suitable for working in the kitchen or even outside. Somehow, even when wearing plain clothes she seem very elegant and the grace she carry herself leaves an impression.

She smiles at you and appears very happy to see you. She is setting up a large table that is dwarfed by the dimensions of Athos, but it is big enough to qualify as a small troll sized table. The breakfast she offers you is rich and you are surprised to see fresh home baked bread and natural fruits and vegetables on the table.  You can tell by her energy levels that she is already active for many hours  and by the ease that she carried that large table that somehow her delicate body is less fragile than it appears. Athos is happy that Strawberry seems to be aware of how much food trolls actually need -  some places with their miniature dishes can be very frustrating for him. It takes her a few rounds but eventually you are facing a neatly set table of a very generous breakfast.  Strawberry bows lightly when she is done. She seem to pause for a little bit, to see if you want her to stay.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (16:29:47/09-04-15)
>>@ Artie (Bekki) Hey Artie... I know it is soon and the hour is late... but do you want to go out tonight?"

Artie checked her commlink and frowned.  Don't people know about the three day rule? she thought to herself.  She was just about to send a response when Athos let her off the hook.

>>@ Athos (Artie) Alright, I'm going to go be a normal girl for the rest of the evening then.  Give me a buzz if you need anything else, I'll make sure I can get away.

She then punched out a reply for Bekki.

@ Bekki (Artie) Hey, you.  Sad to say I'm on a short leash tonight, some chummers of mine are having some issues and I may need to help them sort it.  BUT!  I really would rather hang out with someone new and fun than sit at my doss waiting for bad news.  So let's meet up, yeah?  Just keep in mind that I may have to ditch early if I get a call.  If the spirits smile on us, that won't be tonight at all.  We can try to get into Dante's.  If not, there's plenty to do in that part of town.

She sends off the address as well and then goes her shit together and heads off.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:36:00/09-04-15)
@Artie Bekki text you >>  Dante's it is can't wait to see you! I asked for it inviting you last minute. Ditch if you must... but I hope we will have fun.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:16:55/09-04-15)
Minnie was as happy to see Strawberry as the graceful elf was to see her.  It took some effort not to leap into the woman's arms for a hug, but she managed.  Although food was the furthest thing from her mind right now, Athos had a lot to deal with and she knew full well the calories the giant needed to keep on top of his game.  She waited patiently for Strawberry to finish and watched for some sign that maybe she'd like to stay and join them for a while.

"Um," she stammered, feeling self conscious despite the time the two of them had spent swaying in each other's arms the previous night, "would you like to join us for a little while?"  She tried not to come across as pleading, but she could only imagine what she looked like with her hair disheveled around her ears and her eyes bloodshot from minimal sleep and maximum tears.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (21:04:04/09-04-15)
Strawberry nodes,  and takes a seat next to you. You can tell that she seat just a tad bit closer to you than she'd normally would, still within polite distance. She looks at you for a short while, with an empathetic look, and then back at Athos. If you want she pours all three of you a glass of herbal tea. Seeing Minnie's emotional state, Strawberry grabs her hand. It is a firm gram. She still doesn't say anything, but somehow the pressure of her delicate palm is comforting.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (21:48:17/09-04-15)
Somehow Minnie has little doubt that the elf knows that they'd had a female decker in the group protected by an ork, both of whom stayed in the car and sped off when things went pear shaped.  Without a word Minnie uses the holo function of her glasses to display a screen before Strawberry's face so that she could comfortably read the message she'd received during the night.  Minnie's grasp tightens as the older woman refocuses on the page.  When the redhead's emerald eyes stop reading and look back at Minnie, the mouse girl adds, "Nagisa was my first friend in the world.  The only one who stuck with me through all the years of whoring.  I'm sure she was forced to write that since it presses all my buttons too perfectly, but that doesn't make me like not being able to rescue her right now."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (00:12:00/09-05-15)
@Minnie Strawberry reads the paper, she seems more and more upset as she read it, but her only tell sign is the grip of the your hand. You can tell that she is not entirely there when you explain because her reaction is completely emotional. She embrace you, and her hand stroke your back. "Poor thing" she whispers and you can feel how these two words are the most comforting thing. It feels like her words envelop you and protect you. Strawberry stays silent and strokes your back. After a moment that lasts forever, she softly whispers  "I can give her the comfort she desires... if you can trust her."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (00:23:48/09-05-15)
@Athos Mr. Ando meets you in the matrix, he remains silent as you describe your needs. "They all appear to be reasonable, you should have anything that you ask of me very soon. I will however require a favor of some sort for my services... It will not conflict with Finnigan interests, unless it comes to a war - are you interested?"

[spoiler]
Mr. Ando can get you anything of avialability up to 8 in a several hours.
Availability up to 12 in about 24 hours. If you want somthing over avilability 12, he can go up to 16 but it will take:
 48-72 hours depends on the item. He will not provide you things with more than avilability 16 at this point of your relationship.

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:41:53/09-05-15)
@Artie when you arrive, you can see that Bekki was already waiting for you. She is dressed with a black biker jacket. It has a phoenix on the back.Wise choices of advanced fabrics gives the illusion that the phoenix is constantly burning. The rest of her clothes are tight leather probobly used for biking in this cold weather. Offcourse, unless she is rich - the leather must be synthetic -but it is a good fake. Her long curly brown hair is a bit of a mess, due to the helmet, but she does not seem to care much.

When bekki sees you she hugs you warmly and kisses you on both cheeks. Due to your experience you can sense a small weapon, probobly a light pistol hidden in her jacket.  "I am so glad you came... so this Dante's place - whats its story?" she asks.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (01:51:27/09-05-15)
Comfort, the reassurance of another's touch, is exactly what she had been needing.

"Poor thing..."  The whisper caresses her soul.

She'd cried herself out already so despite the emotions of the embrace, there are no more tears.  She does tremble in the elf woman's arms, though, and wraps her own arms around the other girl for support if nothing else.  The experience is only a few moments, but those seconds renew her very wounded spirit.

"I can give her the comfort she desires...if you can trust her," Strawberry practically sub-vocalizes into Minnie's inhuman and perceptive ears.

Minnie's breath catches at the offer, unsure what it means.  She has a suspicion, though.  She knows from experience that, while she couldn't leave her own body in magic space, others could.  She also knows that out-of-body travel made a person even more vulnerable than she herself was in that strange parallel world.

"I do trust her," Minnie responds quietly.  For the rest, she slips into astral speak since it was hard to share such things with a man nearby, even a gentleman like Athos.  "I...I just don't ever want her to go through the pain I had to go through.  Nagi...she's so full of life.  She's so smart and yet so naive about the world.  I...I'm not just afraid she'll be hurt in body but also that she'll end up changed by all this.  The idea of us both carrying such demons scares me.  I don't know if I could handle supporting her through what she's supported me through.  It's too close to home."

She knows she's rambling.  She knows she's being incredibly vulnerable with someone she barely know and had just met.  Something about Strawberry reminds her of her mother, though.  Her mother before things totally fell apart.  Before the twins were born.  It's strange considering she also desires Strawberry like a lover, but at this exact moment she feels like a child overwhelmed by fear at something she has to face but which seems too much to bear.

But she isn't a child anymore.  She's a big mouse with responsibilities.  So many people depend on her.  Nagisa, yes.  But also Athos.  Perhaps Dame Valentina.  Maybe even Strawberry herself.  These bastards had shown themselves able to overwhelm Strawberry's defenses enough to set a well-designed array of explosives in the warehouse.  What was to stop them from bringing in just one big bomb to blow apart this very building?  As powerful as Strawberry seemed, Minnie knew full well that she was meat just like anyone else.  She could be killed, and these people she was facing were not afraid of a body count.

It's hard, but she brings herself to separate from Strawberry's embrace.  Her own brown eyes meet Strawberry's green ones.  "I'll be grateful for what you can do, Strawberry," she says, "but don't take any risks for it.  They already have Nagisa.  We can't...I can't afford for them to have you, too."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:26:34/09-05-15)
@Minnie Strawberry sizes Athos that seems to be distracted with mr. Adno. She then whispers “I can make her dream and the dream will comfort and strengthen her. She will know that you are alive but will not understand - how she does.  The risk is, if she reports that dream and its magical nature is investigated, it will have my fingerprints on it.”

She looks into your eyes, feels your pain, and and after a short while she say “I will do that for you.  We’ll just need a small object that she touched last night, a single hair or a small piece of cloth will do “

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (03:18:11/09-05-15)
At first Minnie is unsure what she could provide that would be suitable for what Strawberry described.  Then it hit her.  Nagisa and I snuggled all the way to the job.  With her right hand, Minnie removes the white glove on her left.  "Will this do?" she asks as she holds the article up for Strawberry's inspection.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jayde Moon on (03:26:06/09-05-15)
Quote
"I am so glad you came... so this Dante's place - whats its story?"

"Dante's Inferno, you haven't heard of it?" Artie was incredulous.  Surely the place was legendary, worldwide!  "I thought they had a London location or something."

She led the girl to and then bypassed a long line.  Artie had only accessed the fifth of Dante's "Nine Circles of Sin", she figured she could probably squeak Bekki into the second.  You needed the cred, the prestige, or someone with fantastic connections to dig deeper into the club.  The first circle, 'Lust' was the general admission, as long as they had room and you were at least presentable, you could get in.  Of course, no one who ever got in was content to stay on that level, and they all 'lusted' after more.  Getting to the second circle required knowing someone who had deeper access.

Not many new patrons could boast they'd made it to the second circle on their first visit, so that was something Artie could give her.  Inside, the music was pulsing E-Trance and the dance floor was throbbing.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:43:59/09-05-15)
@Artie Bekki seems to be enjoying herselves and you to dance close to each other. Some more time through the night. You take some time to rest your legs and seat by the Bar. Bekki orders a drink you get a note. You think to yourself  "probobly a naughty suggestion from some guy" but when you look at the note it say want to make some money tonight? I have a little package for you ask the barman for the house special. you look around to pin the origin of the note and a black guy nods at you he is sitting not far from you gals. You feel that he was there for quite a while.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (07:39:18/09-05-15)
Athos thinks about the option to owe a favor to the Yaks, but it is a way to get needed help.  >>Ando-san, I will do this favor.  I will draw up a list of what we need.  Thank you.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:26:02/09-05-15)
@Minnie Strawberry takes your glove  and places it in a plastic bag. “That will do” She softly say.
“I need you to write her some personal letter that you will read her during the ceremony. It will be a long one, we’ll start at 20:00 and you it will take four hours. So we’ll finish by midnight. Perhaps you can stay with me afterwards?” She looks at you, uncertain if it was appropriate. She then say. “Your friend will dream your response to her letter, so try to include some things that will remove her doubt. I'll also say a few words to comfort her, but your connection should be the main deal.” And again, no matter what she say or what topic, you feel touched by her voice, motivated and inspired.

@Athos  Mr. Ando tells you “Alright pass me the list, a person that refers to himself as Deep Blue, will contact you with a job. He’ll do so tomorrow once you got settled and had a good night sleep. I’ll have a nice place for you guys to crush by tonight - don’t worry. Two adjacent rooms, one Troll sized - the rest of your order will come to your safehouse - I will not ship you APDS here of course.”
 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:12:38/09-05-15)
Athos looks up from his 'link.  "Yulia I need your clothing sizes and a list from you as to what you want replaced.  Ando-san will see to our getting what we need.  He has also arranged for a place for us to stay."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (16:31:51/09-05-15)
Athos looks back down at the device and begins to enter his list while waiting to add Yulia's.  >>Ando-san.  I am entering my list.  Please let me know what you cannot get.  Ultimax Rain Forest Carbine w/ Internal Smartgun, Gas Vent 3, Smartlink, Imp Range Finder, Sling, 5 Spare Clips, 90 APDS, 90 Stick-N-Shock; Customized Ballistic Mask w/ Flare Compensation, Trodes, Image Link, Gas Mask; Big Game Hunter w/ Biomonitor, Chem 3, Fire 6, Insulation 4, Non-Conductivity 4, Holster; Clothes; Bulldog Van w/ Chameleon Coating, Morphing Plates, Spoof Chips, Smuggling Compartment (Troll Size), Rigger Interface, 5 x Weapons Mounts; Meta Link x 2; ID (Frank Rozetti w/ Middle Lifestyle, Fake SIN 4, Licenses for driving, Pistol, Rifle, Cyber/Bio Ware; ID (Talon) w/ Squatter Lifestyle, Fake SIN 2, Licenses for Driving, Pistol, Rifle, Cyber/Bio Ware.  All of this is for me.  My companion is cheap and only needs an armored jacket in the size provided.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (20:23:09/09-05-15)
Minnie was torn.  She wasn't sure what would be happening to her in the next few hours, much less that night.  As much as she wanted to spend time with Strawberry, ending this nightmare was the first priority.  That said, if the two goals didn't conflict...

"Yulia, Ando is asking me for a list of equipment," the almost forgotten troll said from across the table.  The large man had finished breaking his fast and in the process vanquished the lion's share of the meal Strawberry had provided them.  Some of the feast remained, though, and Minnie actually felt like she could eat now.  Antos now had his comm and appeared very focused on a conversation.  He looked up at her.  "You want anything?"

Minnie reached out her bare hand to grab Strawberry's unoccupied one, just to make sure the elf didn't run off while the mouse adept had her attention diverted.  "Um...," she stammered as she thought a moment.  "I need a replacement for my jacket that I left in the car, maybe some low end clothes for the work we'll be doing..."  She went on to describe her thoughts on the details as well as to provide her size.  The troll nodded and redirected his attention at the business at hand leaving Minnie looking back into deep pools of green.

"It sounds like tonight will be spent waiting for equipment.  I'll do everything I can to be there tonight without risking the prize."  Once again, she felt self-conscious in ways she never had before in such things.  There was so much she wanted to learn from Strawberry, both 'professional' as well as personal.  Still, she wondered again what she'd be after this woman's lessons.  "And yeah, if I don't have somewhere else to be, I'd like to spend more time with you."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (22:37:09/09-05-15)
@Athos Mr. Ando takes the list and say, don't worry it will all be there. Give me 24 hours, I'll let you know in a couple of hours on a safe-house that matches your needs.

@Minne Strawberry size you up and say softly "You sure know how to make a girl feel desirable." She pauses and shortly after say.  "I understand... don't worry about it too much. I know what how off you might feel right now -  and i can only imagine how you are going to feel after the ritual." She give your hand a firm grip, and then said.  "I will be there for you if you want me to. This is all I wanted to say"  She accept your invite for breakfast, and pick up a fresh apple. "Locally grown" She said softly.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:08:39/09-06-15)
Athos shakes his head without saying anything and sends another message to the Yak.  >>Ando-san.  Minnie has changed her mind and would like some low-end clothing, the jacket should be Fire4, Insulation 4, and Non-Conductive 4.  She will also need an ID with Fake SIN and license for deck.  Give her middle lifestyle to share place with me.  I apologize for the changes."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:01:19/09-06-15)
Tuesday 24, December 2075, 11:25.

@Athos and Minnie: You enjoy a breakfast that is appropriate to high lifestyle you just started enjoying. A lifestyle that you now need to leave behind, if only for a short while. A lot of stuff have happened last night, there was a massive explosion in the middle of the night. The news are all over a joint assassination but the formal media seem to know very little the Mafia and Yakuza are not even mentioned.  There was yet another attack on Bellevue, a massacre more than an attack this time of 8 walking dead. That just marched toward the rich neighborhood only to be blasted by Bumblebee drones with massive automatic weapons.

Strawberry is silent for the most of the breakfast, the effect her voice has on people means that she avoid talking unless asked.  You have several hours to kill until Mr. Ando fixes your new warehouse. As you finish your breakfast. You see a popup message in AR, it is from Strawberry.

>> This is the address of one of the runners that was active here last night. I had him followed with one of my spirits. He was the one that shot Venom.  He seems very dangerous -  so approach with care.  Despite what rumors you might have heard, I did not harm Venom. It is no secret that I do not like him and only cooperate with him since he is violent, well connected and a powerful individual, but I do not hire runners to take down people.

I can only assume that you want to figure out who blew up your warehouse, so I’d suggest to giving him a visit. I’ll let you know when I identify more runners that were active in my domain last night. One of them must know something about the warehouse.


Strawberry herself, seems to just enjoy her tea,  looking distracted and watching you. She seems to be enjoying her tea tough. Since strawberry does not even have a com-link on her, she clearly have not typed that message right now.  She must have typed it before setting your table.  Perhaps she suspected that breakfast would be less enjoyable if you had a lead to follow. You are unsure if to be annoyed or to admire her for that choice.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (06:54:02/09-06-15)
Minnie wilts and her ears droop just a little at Strawberry's reaction to her words.  If the world was a kind place, she'd spend all day and all night with the mysterious elf.  She really has no where else she WANTS to be if she weren't in the middle of some conspiracy to destroy all that Athos has built.  But she IS in the middle of such a conspiracy.  And not only Athos but her only other real friend, her best friend ever, has been caught up in it.  If things don't go exactly right, by the end of the week everyone she's ever cared a whit about will be dead.

Or worse.

For someone like Minnie who until now had never been responsible for anyone but herself, it is more than a little overwhelming.

Then she feels the hand squeeze and the elf's reassurance finally seeps into Minnie's bruised spirit.

I really do have to get my drek together, she tells herself.  I won't be of any help to Athos is I'm so emotional.

In other cases when she was adrift, she'd have turned to Mouse.  Unfortunately, Mouse will be of limited help in her current situation.  Mouse is a survivor.  In a situation like this, Mouse skitters for a dark hole and lets things blow over.  Uncharacteristic for her own nature (she really is part mouse after all) and that of her spirit mentor, she now has to run INTO danger rather than away from it.  She knows it won't be easy and she'll have to stand firm against her own instincts.  The alternative is to betray all that matters to her now- something she refuses to permit.

It's clear Strawberry understands though, so rather than speak again she just allows the hand holding to communicate for her.  With her free hand, Minnie makes some selections from the sumptuous feast Strawberry had prepared.  Now that she can focus on the table rather than her own fears and self pity, she realizes just how amazing the array of food is.  Fresh fruit is just about unheard of in Minnie's diet.  The apple juice at Gino's is the epitome of luxury for the mouse girl.  And yet here are fresh pears, apples, cherries, grapes, and plums.  Knowing she has a lot to do today and therefore can't afford to be a total pig, she carefully selects a sampling of each and savors the amazing flavors.  In the case of some of the items, like cherries, she's never tasted the real fruit before so she doesn't know how the taste compares, but to her it's pure heaven. 

For a girl who grew up in the Chicago CZ and then came to Seattle as little more than an indentured servant, it's like she's somehow been transported to a magical land where she's been recognised as a long lost princess or something.  Like something out of one of her books.  She knows it's an illusion, the image not the delicious food, but for a brief time she revels in the fantasy.

Before long, though, reality rears its ugly head.  The message from Strawberry displays on her glasses.  She looks over at the redhead and sees a sad, almost guilty, pursing on the elf's perfect lips.

It's time to be a big mouse, Minnie tells herself and straightens her posture accordingly.

"Athos, when do you think we should meet this man?" she asks.  "I really want to contact Nagisa tonight as Strawberry has offered, but work comes first."  The strain of her calm on this topic is clear to Athos but he has to admit she has her tail under remarkable control given the gravity of the situation.  "I just wish there was a way I could go to Gino's and talk to Jimmy in person..."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (07:31:33/09-06-15)
Athos is surprised when Strawberry shows up with the breakfast but then wonders why he is surprised.  Nothing about this woman should surprise him any more.  He remains mostly quiet until he gets the first note from Ando asking him for his request list.  He asks Minnie for things, but she seems distracted and orders only an armored jacket at first and then adds other things.  Normally, Athos might be annoyed at this, but his friend is going through a lot and her mind is not completely focused on herself.  Near the end of the meal he receives a quick note from Ando letting him know that the new rooms are at the Hilton and that the things he ordered will be waiting there at 1700, except for the van which will take a bit longer due to its modifications.  He pulls up the ARO for the hotel and nods, pleased. 

Over the past twenty years, the once 5-star establishment had fallen into disrepair and was a known lair for squatters and street-level thugs.  Five years ago, a consortium of the surviving Hilton family members had dug up some financing from somewhere and had completely re-designed the place.  The squatters and thugs had been evicted, some quite forcibly.  The Hiltons apparently had the KE on their side, and perhaps in their pockets.  The New Hilton, or NH on the street, had metahumans in mind when it was practically rebuilt, floor by floor.  The management catered to Trogs and Keebs as well as the humans that associated with them.  Obviously, the Humanis sorts were a bit put out, but the hotel security is quite good and manages to keep the protesters at bay.  In truth, most of the Humanis furor has found other, easier targets.  Athos likes the choice and sends a response acknowledging receipt of the message.  >>Ando-san.  Accept my gratitude.  I am impressed with the efficiency of your organization.  I may be out during the day so please have your man contact on this 'link with details of what he wants me to do.  Again, thank you.<<

By this time, Athos can tell that Minnie is trying to hold it together and gives her a reassuring touch.  "Nagisa will be fine, Yulia.  I know it is hard on you and I am sorry that I drug her into this in the first place.  She does not deserve what has happened to her.  I hope that the ritual tonight will help both of you."

"Our new digs is the NH.  That stands for New Hilton.  It is a nice place, but not too nice.  They cater to metahumans, so our presence should not be particularly noted.  Most of the things we ordered will be delivered at 1700 but the room will be available after 1300 today, so we can go check in.  You did not mention it, but I ordered you a new ID and SIN to use at the hotel and outside it.  Your old one will be watched.  Our ride will not be available for a day or so, so we are on foot or public transpo until then."

Athos watches his small friend digest the information.  He can tell she is disturbed, no matter how careful she is with her tail.  He decides to not say anything about it for the time being.  Minnie is having a tough time and he knows it.  This experience is completely new to her and it would be very strange indeed if she was not under some strain right now.  He watches her eat the fruit and smiles at her question.  The thought of doing something has spurred a good reaction from Minnie.  "You should definitely be with Strawberry tonight for that ritual.  Perhaps we could visit this other guy after checking into the hotel.  Hmmm.  Not too sure what we can do about Jimmy.  The people at the diner will know us and it may be under surveillance."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:51:02/09-06-15)
Kynos was back at his flat. The money had arrived and almost as fast it had vanished. The first thing he did was getting a new Yamaha like the one he had had trashed last week. With his mobility restored he visited his contact down by the army barracks to resupply what he had expended. His head hurt more than ever, but that was the price one had to pay for temporary super human abilities.

Now all he wanted was to relax in front of the trid - some romantic comedy about a hardworking exec that finds that all he really needed in his life was the love of that cute elven baker girl and the approval of her hard working parents. Utter tripe, but it helped to distract him and allowed him to stretch out on his ratty couch/bed. His armor hung from various coat hangers around the room so it could dry out. The door was locked, but there was no extra latch - an utter waste with the cheap thin material the door was made of.
[spoiler]
Healing Test 1st hour (http://orokos.com/roll/323374): 12d6t5 3
Healing Test 2nd hour (http://orokos.com/roll/323375): 11d6t5 4
[/spoiler]

The one room apartment didn't have many amenities except the shower with it's own heating coil. Kynos had given up on luxuries a long time ago but forgoing a hot shower was just inconceivable. But with the exception of this little extravagance there was nothing in here that he really would miss if he had to go.
A perk of the cramped room was that virtually everything was within one or two meters grasping distance. Even the stash with the illegal items is hidden just behind a small ceiling panel - just in case.

Absentmindedly he toyed with his Savalette Guardian. He felt still tired even though the headache had receded to a moderate level. How easy it would be to put the gun under his chin and just end it all - just one little pull. He sighed, those thoughts were born of boredom. He had found out a long time ago that if he was willing to kill himself, there was nothing in the whole world he couldn't do instead. Killing himself after all would always stay a possibility and therefore no reason to deny a would be assassin his hard earned money.

So few things excited him nowadays and that stupid movie wasn't helping. Idly he took a small surgical blade from the small table. It glinted, having been cleaned only a few minutes ago. The bleeding had stopped and he was tempted to cut himself again just a little. Again he stopped. No more than once a day - he didn't want this to become to common and normal or excessive. Just a little release from the tedious boredom of being still alive.

Hopefully that dwarf would get back to him about that bounty on Venom. Having that spirit try to enter his mind had almost felt like being alive. What that would have felt like? Never mind, he would probably find out when he went after him. Who knew, maybe going into his head would have driven the spirit nuts as well. 

Somehow that was nice thought and he found some sleep
 
He awoke to loud bootsteps outside his door. "KNIGHT ERRANT - OPEN THE DOOR."
Kynos got up and opened the door  while only wearing his trousers: "No need to shout - you know there is a doorbell? What can I do for you fine gentleman this early in the morning?"

"Hartmut Stein? You are coming with us."
"I am, am I?"
[spoiler]Thrill Seeker Composure test (http://orokos.com/roll/323376): 8d6t5 2[/spoiler]
Kynos had needed only a second to assess the five Knight Errant cops. They carried riot shotguns and heavy body armor. On the other hand they had been polite enough not to destroy his door, so he felt inclined to come peacefully.
"Sure, just let me put on my shoes..."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:00:52/09-06-15)
@Kynos Obviously the KE came prepared, you are relieved that they do not search your place, although perhaps a small part of you wanted them to. When you arrive the police station it is still empty however as time progresses you can see more and more familiar faces. As the hours progress things get more and more crowded. You are experienced enough to say that it is a good sign, if they bring in everyone - they actually know very little. You can also not hear a chatter about a reward - a bounty set by Venom on some hotshot wizard that offended him.

It is noon and you can feel your stomach when someone finally approaches you. “Hartmut Stein come with me.“ Says a male officer, he is not even looking at you when he does. You are brought to an empty room filled with nothing. Two chairs and a table. Nothing else, you and are left to there for quite some time and after what seems to be forever, a young looking officer enters the room alone. She say “Have a seat Mr. Stein, I am called Max Snow, but I’ll be officer Max to you. Are you comfortable? is there anything you want?” Off course, there is something you really want. Food and drink and you ask yourself if officer Max is really unaware of it.

@Minnie and Athos - Strawberry struggles a little bit she obviously  cc  if to say anything. She then say somthing and her voice is distracting and surprising full of emotions that Athos is not sure what she said. Her voice makes him feel at ease and trusting about the delicate elf. Perhaps even more than that - and she somehow did all that with just three words. You look at her puzzled and Strawberry repeat what she just said.  “I can help” are her words. She takes a deep breath and say “I can mask you with magic and change your appearance. It will fool most people, as long as you do not enter places with magical security or do something that makes my illusion obvious" She looks at Minnie and adds "like stroking someone with a tail that should not be part of my illusion.”  She then winks, to Minnie and continue looking at Athos and talk.

She looks a bit apologetic and she is obviously not very comfortable saying what she does next.  “Doing so in a manner that allows me to continue with my daily routines is unfortunately, a bit expensive as it boils down to magical goods that need to be replaced afterwards. While the ritual tonight is a personal favor -  I afraid I require a compensation for the masks. If you are interested, they cost 600 nuyen for the both of you and they will  last for 24 hours, or until you ask me to drop them.” When she is done you have to admit that it takes some getting used to that voice. Even Minnie that heard it before struggles to contain it and needs a short while to concentrate and make herself aware of all the details that were said and for Athos it takes just a little bit longer to do so.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (11:39:07/09-06-15)
"Strawberry is a mage," Minnie summarizes in her 'secretary' voice to help break the spell for Athos.  She knows what the man is going through, herself barely able to handle Strawberry's dulcet tones and she's an expert at attraction.  Or at least she had thought she was an expert before she'd met Strawberry. 

In some ways Strawberry's existence was an affront to Minnie.  It surprised her that she had professional pride which could be bruised when it came to the sheets.  She'd always thought it was all just something she'd been forced to do.  But after a decade of it, she'd permitted herself to be defined by it.  She had more than a little ego invested in her ability to wrap metahumanity around the tip of her pink tail.  To see someone exceed her ability, and without any effort, was intimidating.

On the other hand, she could imagine what it might be like not to be able to turn it off like Minnie had done just now for Athos' benefit.  Strawberry had no 'secretary voice'.  If the elf wasn't so powerful to have such control over her domain, Minnie could imagine what that would have done for the woman's life.  She shivered at the thought and decided to instead focus on the topic at hand.

"She's offering to cast illusions on us so that we can go out without being noticed for who we are," the mouse adept continued in terse, concise summary for Athos' benefit.  "As long as we avoid mages and magic secured places, and as long as we don't do things our illusions wouldn't be able to do," Minnie waves her tail back and forth above her head for emphasis, "we should be golden all day.  But," Minnie decides to be an imp and extends her tail to tap Strawberry on the top of the head, "it will cost her to do it and she needs 600 nuyen from us for the two spells."  Minnie's tail slips familiarly around Strawberry's shoulders and she can't help but grin at the effect it seems to have on the more experienced woman.  Her focus remains on Athos, though.    "If you ask me, I'd say it's a bargain.  I've been surprised by Jimmy since yesterday and I think some time talking with him may yield us some really helpful leads."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:41:48/09-06-15)
Kynos had taken seat on the - quite uncomfortable - chair. Since this wasn't his first questioning he just shrugged and said:
"Yes actually, I'd like to know why I am here. I have a meeting and so far all you've done here is waste my time. I'd appreciate it if you could get to the point. And by the look of it you have enough other questionnaires outside. So again, why am I here?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (12:38:12/09-06-15)
Athos feels a bit nervous.  After all mojo is even stranger than the trix and he know almost nothing about that.  The huge Troll clears his throat, and what comes out is very much small boy anxiety.   "The money is not a problem  Is that 600 each or total?  I am more concerned about any sort of physical cost.  I agree we should leave this place and a disguise seems the best way, but can she really disguise me to look like something other than a Troll?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (12:48:57/09-06-15)
Minnie will let Strawberry clarify about the cost.  She turns to the elf with her head cocked in question.  "A really big ork?" she offers helpfully.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:37:25/09-06-15)
@Kynos Officer Max is not impressed. She softly say “We can do this later when you are in a better mood. As you must know, I am going to be here in this very room for many more hours today. “  She sighs. As far as you can judge she is serious, there seem to be an awful lot of demand for her skill tonight - it seems like every questionable person in the city was brought for questioning. “I will ask again and you will answer me politely and nicely,  are you comfortable? is there anything I can do for you before we begin?”


@Minnie and Athos  Strawberry say “Orc is passable, as long as they are not physically intimate with you. My price is 300 per one, 600 for both of you. I really only ask for my own expenses, I normally do not do these things.”
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (14:46:54/09-06-15)
Athos nods and fishes out a credstick.  "I can cover those costs now, Miss Strawberry."  When she gives an account number, he transfers 1K nuyen to it, saying, "You have been very kind to us, and especially to Yulia.  Thank you."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:48:40/09-06-15)
"I am as comfortable as I'll get here. Thanks for your concern. If you must know, I am bored."
Kynos kept his tone civil. It wasn't the worker bee's fault after all.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (14:50:48/09-06-15)
"We normally wouldn't ask, Strawberry," Minnie assures her sympathetically.  "We came expecting to conclude a simple business transaction.  A transaction you'd blessed.  I'm sorry we turned into pawns in such a mess in your own front yard."  She tightens her tail a moment around Strawberry's shoulder much as most people would with a side hug.  It was meant as the reassuring gesture.  "I think we all agree we'd like to return you to some normalcy as soon as possible."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:13:29/09-06-15)
@Minnie and Athos Strawberry seems to enjoy your tail movements and she finds it difficult to concentrate while you do that.   She whispers “Keep some surprises for tonight”  and curls her lips just a little bit so that they form a hint of a smile. To both of you she say  “I don’t like it either, there was this runner I sent you to and three different mages. All doing god know what in my domain. There were a couple of extra runners as well very difficult to keep track. It was a crazy night.”

@Kynos - Officer Max tells you, “Please tell me where you have been yesterday from 18:00-2:00” She takes a seat and sizes you out. It is impossible to see what she finds so fascinating about you, but she seems extremely interested in the words you are about to say.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:14:38/09-06-15)
Athos has been wracking his brain over an inconsistency in the events of last night.  "Miss Strawberry, that entire explosive set up was not some quickie move by a shadow runner.  I saw the explosives.  They were professionally placed and wired and were concealed with new drywall construction.  A security system was installed that sealed the doors after we entered.  I am sure that everything was set to catch Mr. Ando and Dona Valentina and perhaps start a war between the Yakuza and the Mafia.  None of this could be done in less than days of preparation.  Is there any way that you were able to detect something odd going on?  Perhaps something that struck you as a bit out of place but you put it down to something else?  Has the warehouse been empty or was there stuff in it that was moved?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:23:08/09-06-15)
"A friend asked me to attend a private show at some strip club. We left together and since I had developed something of a hangover I went home early. Afterwards I lay down on my couch and watched a shitty movie - All you need is love and Evo L. If you ask me, they never should have allowed Tom Hoskins to direct again after the fiasco with the relaunch reboot reimaging of the Fantastic Amazing Spiderman. Anyway, some time after I passed out on the couch. And I am pretty sure that's were I was until this morning when your guys fetched me."
Kynos replied.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:23:57/09-06-15)
@Strawberry say "The warehouse was renovated few weeks before the sale, I assumed that the Yaks wanted to keep it in good shape before Valentina examines it. They seemed quite happy about making the sale. I normally would not give much attention to these kind of things, my only contribution to its security was a magical ward that prevented me from seeing what they are doing inside. It was said to protect from curious mages - but I feel that I was the mage they were worried about.

They had a van inside the warehouse for several hours until shortly before you guys arrived, the mages seemed to be after the car.  I estimated it not worth the risk to try and stop them - playing the heroine is not always the best move - especially when I knew nothing about them."

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:28:52/09-06-15)
@Kynos Officer max is intrigued, "It is not that I don't believe that you have the perfect alibi. You are a professional, It is that I do not believe that you will enjoy a strip club. With so much stuff that happened yesterday - you'd much rather do something more exciting.
 
I am sure that you were up to no good. You haven't killed anyone yesterday have you?"

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:39:27/09-06-15)
"Now officer, That is not a very nice thing to say. Killing another human being - except in self defense or in defense of another - is a serious crime.
My fellow law abiding citizens and I know that all to well  - and don't kill each other.
Of course I heard about the commotion - but unlike for you it's not my job to worry about that kind of stuff.
Besides I was invited to this club - it would have been quite impolite not to attend.

Anything else?"
Kynos smiled lazily
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:07:55/09-06-15)
@Kynos Officer Max tries to slap you, a really juicy one.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (16:19:25/09-06-15)
Athos nods, "So the Yakuza did all the renovations to the warehouse?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:23:22/09-06-15)
Kynos did nothing to avoid the slap. The titanium reinforced skelleton ensured that a hard slap would hurt the slapper more than him.
"Are you done? With such violent tendencies, maybe I should ask you if you shot someone yesterday.
Don't forget what Isaac Asimov said: Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

But be assured, that I don't harbor any ill will against you. I understand that you are under a lot of stress, but hitting me won't solve your problems.
I tell you what: Let's forget about that incident and end this waste of both our time."

Officer Max ansered "You really have no idea who I am... do you?"
Kynos wanted to answer, but instead thought for a moment. That tone of voice, that righteous anger...
 "Officer Max... Oh now I feel dumb. Seargent Max of the 22. Gebirgspioniere. Long time no see. Did they kick you out of the army too?
You aren't seriously still angry about that whole Steigenberger fiasco? What is it now... 15 years? Damn, I remember - you where one of those I recruited for that rescue mission. You can't seriously still fault me for that. Everyone who died that day knew the risk and went there on their own free will.

I always wondered what did happen to the other few that made it out."
Kynos finished a bit lamely.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:10:55/09-06-15)
Max tells you - “I was not the same person after that night. I felt guilty merely for being alive. I was up on a destructive path jumping into danger looking for the mean SOB that will end me and make the guilt go away. Out of that darkness I discovered the power to live again, to be happy. This is how I met my husband Faith, pure gold that one is. We belong to a cult that celebrates life and happiness - a Jewish cult actually“
She sighed.
“I thought that day was behind me, I was sure that I was over that, but seeing you here - bullshiting me like a model citizen, it brings back memories. It makes me angry. I haven’t felt angry in ten years”
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:19:21/09-06-15)
"That should tell you more about yourself than about me. Let me tell you one thing: Life is empty. There is no rhyme or reason. Everything that happens is just a function of the laws of physics. There is nothing - nothing but the Illusion of sense, created by a biological computer that far exceeded his original programming of ensuring survival and propagation of the species.

Accept it and the fear will go away. Life is devoid of meaning - things just happen."
Kynos had spoken without emotion, fixing Officer Max with a piercing gaze.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:35:53/09-06-15)
Officer Max, listens, she seem to be convinced. There is a lot of empathy in these eyes. She say:
“Everything you say may be true, Rabi Nachman teaches us exactly that. Life is meaningless, god makes no sense and we understand nothing. Anyone that promise you anything lies. There are only two options for the brave people that can see the world for what it really is:

Either you choose to be happy, to worship without reason and give yourself fully to god. Be emotional and embrace life -  not because it is going to change the world or give you some metaphysical reward after death.  Just because this is what you really need to be happy.

Or you can embrace rationalism and with rationalism comes despair. That way is just as true, but it makes you feel dead inside - and nothing but faith can fill this void. So I agree with anything that you say, there is nothing in life, nothing at all.

But nevertheless I choose to be happy. I thought I was strong with this life path, but to tell you the truth, I still feel strongly about this mission and sometimes wonder how life could have gone differently if I was less fearless and more sensible when I was young and stupid."


Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (20:41:52/09-06-15)
Athos nods, "So the Yakuza did all the renovations to the warehouse?"

Strawberry say  -"Someone did... I have no idea who it was. But yes, there was some
 work performed on the warehouse recently and nobody seemed to treat it as something alarming."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:37:03/09-06-15)
Athos nods and picks up his commlink.  >>Ando-san.  This is Athos.  I have something for you to think about.  There is no way that this assassination attempt was planned and executed in a short time.  It was too sophisticated to be a runner doing it over night.  Can you tell me what company was doing the remodeling in preparation of the sale?<<  He hangs up and looks at the Keeb.  "So when can you do the masking, Miss Strawberry?  We do need to be off to see some people.  Where do you need Yulia to be at what time this evening?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:24:57/09-07-15)
@Minnie and Athos - Strawberry tells you "I already did a short while ago", there is nothing that hints about it. Athos still sees himself the same. When he turns to Minnie she looks like a teenage girl. Slightly younger than herself.  When Minnie looks at Athos she sees a well groomed and human looking orc, a young one and  a real pretty boy! The kind she could see herself running away with, if she really was a teenage girl.
 
[spoiler]
Just in case you get into troubles with these masks. First one is Athos second Minnie.
Physical mass (http://orokos.com/roll/323535): 2#18d6t5 4 8
[/spoiler]


@Athos - Mr Andu texts you >> It was a private constructor Digital Security Solutions. We had to replace the lock on the door and decided to go with a complete anti theft solution. Order number #000157493 if you want to contact them.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:45:20/09-07-15)
Athos is surprised when he looks at Minnie.  "So I see myself unchanged and Yulia changed.  What do I look like, Yulia?"  He turns to the Elf.  "Thank you, Miss Strawberry.  And I understand that we can drop the masks when we wish, is that correct?  We should be off so let us know when and where to be for the ritual and we will leave here.  You have been far more than kind."

On the way down the stairs, Athos looks over at Minnie.  "I think we need to go see Jimmy and this runner.  Do you feel up to doing Jimmy solo while I go see this man or do you need back up?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:39:13/09-07-15)
"But you were right to be fearless. Because it did not matter.
If I were a time traveler from 1000 years in the future, everyone from today is dead and has been for close to a millennium. I see nobody shedding tears for those who died a 1000 years ago. But they were no less brave people with hopes and dreams.
And I tell you why not: We care because we think our lives are special and those other we did not know were not really alive - at least not alive enough to be worth shedding tears for their deaths.
And we are right to do so - we can't mourn everyone. The dead outnumber the living so vastly - and being unhappy about it won't bring them back.

So yes, be happy. They are dead and gone - no matter if it happened a 1000 years or two seconds ago.
So yes, be angry. You are alive and anger needs a beating heart.
But don't expect me to reciprocate. You are arguing with less than 65% flesh. The army took it and gave me chrome and silicon. I lost my fear along the way, as well as faith and most of my anger..."

Kynos relaxed.

"So are we done here? Debating philosophy is fun and all, but I too have to earn a living."

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:29:08/09-07-15)
@Kynos - Max tells you
"I am sorry for your loss, I truly am. I was angry of a man - and it was nothing but an illusion. That man had fear, he cared about people and wouldn't just send us on a suicide mission. Not on the justification that 1000 years for now none of us is going to matter anyhow. That to almost anyone in world does not even see us as alive.

Why does it have to matter?
Why do we even need a reason?

Must we matter to some imaginary crowd 1000 years from now to be happy?
Can't we matter to just few people that know and love us? 
In that light your current life philosophy that entire rescue mission was idiotic, risk life of the many to safe the few - does that even make sense to you now? "

She sighs:
"15 years and you cannot even talk to me for five minutes. All you think about is getting home slightly earlier.  I volunteered to that mission because I trusted you, you made us feel like we mattered. Like we were the most important thing to you.

You didn't give us the crap about the rest of the world, we mattered to you and it was enough.
I am not angry about you for sending us on that mission . I am angry because you forgot about me, about everyone that mattered to you.
You left me broken and disconnected, guilty for being alive when braver and stronger men died.
You never called, never took interest I was dead to you the moment you left the army. Was eveything that was real for me, all that fucked up stuff we've been through nothing in your eyes?
You had your issues and got kicked out from the army and what about me?
Left in the army, shaken, fearless undisciplined waiting for the bullet that will kill me. Feeling that I do not deserve to be alive. 
The only person that I could relate to, was nowhere to be seen. What future could I possibly have?"

Her eyes are wet when she continues.
"Don't you care about me at all now? Because I sepnt many years thinking about you and if you somehow made it thorough life. I guess it was all just leadership and soft manipulation. Everything that mattered to me - was conditioning.  Is that all gone now?"


She wipes her tears and seats down. It is clear that she had all these emotions buried for many years.
"Just give me your SIN so I can scan it and get out of my life again."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:55:12/09-07-15)
Athos is surprised when he looks at Minnie.  "So I see myself unchanged and Yulia changed.  What do I look like, Yulia?"  He turns to the Elf.  "Thank you, Miss Strawberry.  And I understand that we can drop the masks when we wish, is that correct?  We should be off so let us know when and where to be for the ritual and we will leave here.  You have been far more than kind."

On the way down the stairs, Athos looks over at Minnie.  "I think we need to go see Jimmy and this runner.  Do you feel up to doing Jimmy solo while I go see this man or do you need back up?"
@Athos Strawberry nods and tells you "Just give me a buzz when you want to drop them... but you can't put them back on once you dropped them."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:03:53/09-07-15)
"Max - this is not a social call. You guys hauled me straight from my bed without so much as a shower, breakfast or lunch. If you want to talk about the bad old times, or how everything I was and had went to shit afterwards - well, you've got my number. Don't hessitate to call or drop by. Chances are I'll offer you a beer - but not while I am in an interrogation room of Knight Errant where every word I say is recorded and might be used against me.

I am an asshole, not an idiot."
Kynos flipped his SIN for the scan.

"I'm serious. If you need to talk we can. But I predict that you'll be a lot happier if you don't taint your life with mine."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:26:23/09-07-15)
@Kynos - Max scans you SIN and say  "Everything seem to be in order."
[spoiler]
Scan SIN (http://orokos.com/roll/323561): 8d6t5 3
Unless you use a fake SIN of rating 2 or less. In that case I'll have to edit.
[/spoiler]

She takes a deep breath and say:
"It is officer Max while we are in here...
You were brought here for questioning and was not formally arrested. Your house was not searched, the Knights arrived in massive forces due to your questionable history. I am sorry that you did not finish your breakfast and get a shower, there is nothing I can do to let you go home before 17:00 - at that hour most of the people here will be released as this place simply cannot accommodate so many people over night."

She sighs
"This is why I asked if you were comfortable, I was wondering if you'd like to grab something to bite in the cafeteria, I am not sure if you'll have anything else to eat while in here.  So I afraid that today a lunch is all I can do for you, if you do ping me tomorrow evening - I may have something extra for you."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:52:51/09-07-15)
"Oh well, If that's the case I'll wait til 17.00 h. Skipping a meal or two never hurt anyone.
As a courtesy to you, I'll even stay put without a fuss.
But come 17.00 h I'm out of here. If you want to keep me you'll have to file charges - whatever good that will do you."

[spoiler]
Hartmut Stein is the real SIN - and he's never been convicted of a crime ;)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:49:02/09-07-15)
@Kynos - Max tells you "Alright, have it your way. Call me tomorrow evening if you want to experience an interesting night."  She shares her contact details with you and as you are taken back to your cell, another person enters. A huminis extremist full of gang tattoos.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:59:13/09-07-15)
Kynos got as comfortable as he could and tried to catch some more sleep. He was pretty unconcerned about it even if they had brought in humanis scum.
Just a few more hours and he could go on to find another job...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (11:36:15/09-07-15)
Athos is surprised when he looks at Minnie.  "So I see myself unchanged and Yulia changed.  What do I look like, Yulia?"  He turns to the Elf.  "Thank you, Miss Strawberry.  And I understand that we can drop the masks when we wish, is that correct?  We should be off so let us know when and where to be for the ritual and we will leave here.  You have been far more than kind."

On the way down the stairs, Athos looks over at Minnie.  "I think we need to go see Jimmy and this runner.  Do you feel up to doing Jimmy solo while I go see this man or do you need back up?"

"Quite the looker, actually," Minnie answers her friend with an impish grin.  "Be careful.  You may have to beat the ladies off with a stick!"

As the two descend down the stairs Minnie give's Athos' question just a moment's thought.  "I think I'll be fine with Jimmy," she assures.  "I'll be careful to get him somewhere that we can talk without blowing my cover.  Assuming I'm as easy on the eyes as you are, I shouldn't have any trouble."  The girl's smile widens and takes on a devilish tone.  "I might ever get a sense of what he thinks of other girls."

As she prepares to depart the building, her smile softens as she faces Strawberry.  "I'll be back with bells on.  Promise!"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:09:31/09-07-15)
Athos nods while he snaps a photo of her with his commlink.  "Oh you are hot, take it from me.  Not as pretty as your real self, but close.  OK.  You take Jimmy and maybe even contact the man he recommended to you.  I will go see this runner and find out what he can tell us, then off to the NH.  I will have to drop my mask there to get us signed in and a couple of keys.  Our stuff is supposed to be delivered at 1700, so you might want to be there to get yours.  We can talk about what we found then and get you ready to do this ritual thing with Strawberry.  I might even see what I can find out about this Digital Security Solutions.  My thought is that someone got to them and used them to set up the explosion."

The two walk a short distance to where they can see cabs cruising.  Athos makes sure that Minnie has enough money to cover several cab rides if necessary and wishes her luck as she steps into a cruising taxi.  He flags another one down and gives the address of the runner.  He also sends a message off to Artie.  Hey Artie.  No hear from.  Are you alright?  I know that you are good enough to not be caught in that explosion so get back to me.  Two things, if you can manage: first, Yulia is off to Gino's to see Jimmy.  She has been masked so look for a girl that matches the attached photo.  She should be OK, but I would not mind a set of eyes on her just in case.  Second, see if you can find out anything about a company called Digital Security Solutions.  Be careful, because I think they might have been involved in setting up the explosives at the warehouse.  Digging into them may lead us to who hired them to do the "special" remodeling.<<

After that he sits back and does a look up of the DSS company on the trix to see what sort of public information is available. 

Arriving at the address he gave the cabbie, Athos pays the fare and gets out.  He looks around to get a feel for the neighborhood then goes to where this Kynos is supposed to be living.  Knocking at the door elicits no response, frustrating Athos a bit.  *Damned runners.  Why can't they be at home when you need them?*  Athos enters a note into his 'link and uses the print function to get a hard copy.  The message is simple; "My name is Athos.  I would like to talk to you about a job.  Contact me at the comm code below if you are interested.  200 just for listening."  Satisfied, he slips the note under the door and leaves.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:17:31/09-07-15)
@Kynos at around 17:30 you are let go finally. It's been a crazy day and the darn day. Once you try to relax you hear a conversation between an orc enforcer to someone else about Venom. Apparently he has some bounty on someone 2500 nuyen. When you are allowed out you see that the HQ is almost empty.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:38:11/09-07-15)
@Minnie - While you do attract attention as a young teenager, it is not the same kind of attention as you are used to and a lot less. It actually feels a bit odd to travel with a mask, you blend in. That's an unusual sensation. You reach Gino's at around 13:00.

@Athos as you browse DSS it seems to be a very small company, it has 25 employees and is funded by private capital. Surprisingly enough, despite it's small size, it has the most advanced technology for several physical security systems.  Another thing that catches your attention is that it was founded by 3 brilliant researchers and engineers that worked in Israeli defensive industries (IDI) for over 20 years prior to establishing DSS. IDI is nowadays part of Ares Marco technology. It surprises you that people of their caliber were just allowed to quit their jobs and open an independent business.   People like them are usually 'extracted' just to change jobs.  The company operates from Tel Aviv, Israel but it ships and install products world wide.

Among their products are both passive and active security system. The active versions are currently illegal for public use as they automatically kill burglars. They are only available for AA+ corps and government agencies.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:42:30/09-07-15)
Kynos grinned when he heard about the bounty. Excellent. That would make the next part easier - and he had planned to leave his appartment anyway. To easy for the cops to get a search warrant. And he really hated to lose his toys. He was still flush enough to pay for a bolthole.

He almost missed the small card on the floor while he removed everything of his personal gear as well as a choise assortment of clothes. He always left about half when he left as well as the contents of the fridge. That made it harder for anyone to recognize if he had left for good.
All in all his belongings filled only two bags. Only now he took the time to read the message.
'Sure Buddy - you found my place but don't know my number - have me followed, have you?'

While he left he called his fixer: <<Ryan, it's Kynos. I'm taking the bolthole for a month. Find payment attached. I'm going dark for a while - only prepaids - you've got the list. Expect a call from DemoX about a bounty on a guy called Venom. Take the details - I'll be in touch. Love Kynos>>

After stocking up on a bunch of prepaid phones, Kynos deactivated the wireless function of his commlink and other gear and made his way to a small fenced area - taking care not to be followed. Inside a freight container a camp bed, a chemical toilet and a few other necessities waited for him. After stashing his gear he got back into the streets and activated the first of his new burner phones.

Time to see what this Athos had to say:
<<I got your message. This connection will exist for the next hour so you better get to the point. What do you want?>>

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:54:08/09-07-15)
@Kynos - Ryan texts >> Got it, Thanks for yesterday you were amazing. Love, Ryan.  
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:03:52/09-07-15)
Athos proceeds to the NH by a second cab.  On arrival, he enters the lobby and goes to the nearest restroom.  In goes the pretty Ork and out comes the ugly Troll.  Athos makes his way to the front desk and registers as Frank Rozetti and Gwen Stevens, taking the access codes for the rooms.  Going up to his room he enters and does a quick look around before relaxing.  The room was arranged for by the Yaks and he almost expects that there are mics or cameras hidden somewhere, but he is not enough of a tech to find any but the most obvious.  He goes to the bathroom and reads the water card, very happy to see that there is a large hot water ration.  Stripping, he steps into the shower and washes off the grime and detritus from the explosion.  Once back in the bedroom, he calls down to the concierge to see if there is a clothes cleaning service available and almost yells in glee when told that of course there is.  He arranges for his suit to be picked up and cleaned this afternoon.

Athos tips the young man who comes by for the suit, telling him that there is more for both him and the laundry service if it gets back by 1600.  Afterwards he just lies on the bed and revels in the difference between here and what he experienced last night.  It is not his bed at home, but since there is a good chance that place is no longer his, he is happy with what he has.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:06:19/09-07-15)
Kynos looked at the burner phone. He had almost finished his large coke and only some crumps hinted at the double sized portion of curried rice he had downed.
The hour was almost up and the burner phone would find it's way into the trash shortly afterwards, but still there was no reply.
'Seems like this Athos guy isn't down for business after all.'
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (16:33:50/09-07-15)
Athos Sleeps a bit then rises to be ready when the boy returns with the suit.  As promised, he give the lad a very good tip.  "Now you see this is shared with whoever cleaned the suit.  I will be checking to make sure that you have.  I may have need of you later as well, so when do you go off?  Midnight?  Good.  Thank you for the service."  Athos takes the suit and puts it on, sitting back to wait.  And he is waiting for several people to contact him:  Artie with a progress report, Kynos with an answer to his note, Minnie with word from Jimmy, and or course the Yak contact with the stuff he had ordered.

The Yaks were prompt.  The delivery was checked and double checked and Athos presented a credstick and transferred the balance owed.  Easy come, easy go.  He does stop to wonder what he will have to do to repay these sums he is spending, but he will worry about that later.  His comm chirps at about 1800 and he sees that Kynos has called.  He picks up the comm and reads the text, sending one back.  >>Kynos.  Athos here.  Can we meet in person?  I will pay the 200 at that time.  The topic of conversation is the warehouse you were at last night.  Tell me where you want to meet, but try to pick a place without a Mafia connection.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:18:32/09-07-15)
Kynos frowned. Where did that guy learn his street name? This wouldn't do. Not after Venom had set a bounty on his head. Time to make an example out of somebody.
<<You really got nerves. Meet me up on the old Vigor shipyard. I'll wait for you on top of the old crane. You have 30 minutes.>>

Kynos left the small Indian restaurant and made his way over towards the old wharf. The fence had more holes than a really old swiss cheese and beside some BTL junkies and a whole lot of devil rats no-one came here at this hour. Rust was everywhere and everyone who entered was well advised to have their tetanus shots refreshed.

It took him only a minute to find his stash and get into his gear. The old crane stood silent - it would be interesting to see how long that would continue to be the case...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (18:08:56/09-07-15)
Athos grins at the message.  Yes he has nerves.  Changing into his Big Game clothing, he holsters the huge hand gun and checks his load out mix of APDS and Stick-N-Shock.  He stashes the rest of the gear after taking his IDs and leaves the room.  Downstairs he finds a cab that will take him close to the old shipyard.  After paying off the driver, he walks to the fence, looking for a hole that is large enough for a Troll to go through without ripping his clothes.  As he closes in on the crane, he spins up the Smartgun and link to his pistol. 

Athos is not sure of the motive of the runner he is meeting, so stays alert to the possibility of an ambush.  He scans the area for any thermographic images as he ambles to the crane.  Once at the base he looks up and is glad that any fear of heights was washed out of him long ago and starts to climb.  he expects that whoever the unknown runner is has already got him in some sort of weapon sights and will probably stop him well before he gets to the top.  Athos hopes that he gives him time to explain why he is here.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (18:31:11/09-07-15)
Athos finds - as he expected - no-one up there. Only a small burner phone awaits him, ringing as soon as he made the last step into the gently shaking crane control.
When he takes the call, Kynos answered:
"Mr. Athos may I presume? Your default state of being is death by being shot, falling down from a great height and being perforated by a high explosive grenade. All that stands between this fate and your continued existence is my curiosity. I'll ask you a few questions that you will hopefully answer.
And be careful with your answers big guy, lies bore me almost as much as threats to my life.

Now: How did you find me, who sent you and why should I refrain from killing you?"

Kynos spoke softly but clearly while he watched the silhouette of the troll upon the crane from the cover of a chimney on the roof of the old wharf building.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (19:12:18/09-07-15)
Athos's laugh booms out over the empty space high above the wharf.  From his vantage point on top of the old crane, he can see for miles.  Part of him see this and realizes how beautiful the sight is.  The rest of him is concentrating on how to deal with the runner and avoid becoming a spot on the pavement far below his shaky perch.  He carefully considers his answer.  >>Yes, you do presume  correctly, although no one really calls me Mr. Athos.  To friends and enemies alike it is just Athos, unless you want to get into all the names people give me that are usually not repeatable in the company of women.  And, to be honest, the only one making any threats against the life of another is......well, you.  I am willing to pay well for information.  However, you do appear to have the advantage right now so I will start off, but perhaps we can trade questions.  You asked three, but I am afraid that I can only really answer one and a half.  How I found you is that you were tracked by a mage I know, but how he did it is a complete mystery to me.  I prefer to keep my source safe from retribution so will politely decline to answer the second question.  Your third question is easier.  You should not kill me because I may become your next employer.  Not only am I willing to pay for information, but I could use the help of someone who is able to get into the vicinity of a well guarded Yak warehouse and make it out alive.  Now my turn, but I only have one question.  If you choose not to answer it, you may as well pull the trigger and see if you are luckier than the guy who tried to blow me up in that warehouse.  However, I would not place too much of your hard-earned money on your chances as I have proved hardier than I look on a number of occasions.  So here it is.  What is your name or street handle or whatever else you want me to call you.  I really dislike not at least having the name of the man who is threatening me.  Your turn.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:14:09/09-08-15)
"You can call me Kynos.
You say you were in a warehouse that blew up? Funny. What were you doing, shifting rocket launchers to the streets? If I get this right someone followed me home and since I didn't find a bomb waiting for me I presume you don't work for Venom?

Business is business - what is your interest in this whole situation?"

Kynos was intrigued - this whole talk had become a whole lot more interesting than he had anticipated.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (09:00:56/09-08-15)
Seattle is so dreary during the winter.

Minnie’s mind wandered as she watched the sprawl pass by the window of the taxi taking her back to Gino’s.

Has it really been only a day?

The past twenty four hours had by far been the busiest and most exciting if perhaps not quite the most terrifying of her twenty years.  She’d discovered that a boy she might actually come to like might like her back and she’d witnessed just how amazing that boy could be in his own element.  She’d learned the man who had done the most to shape her over the past decade had feet of clay and was now trapped in a cell…assuming something hadn’t changed when Dona Valentine vanished from view.  And oh what she’d learned about that frightening woman.  Things she would never repeat and barely understood.  Still, Minnie seemed to come out of their interaction with the grand woman’s respect if not affection.  Although what that might mean now that they all were persona non grata Minnie hadn’t a clue. 

Then she’d saved her and Athos’ life and put her dear Nagisa’s in danger.  By itself, breaking out of that building would have been the most changing single event in her young life.  But things didn’t stop there.

Strawberry.

The compelling woman’s image came to mind.  Her heart…and many other things…warmed as she mused about the mysterious redhead.  Strawberry was what Minnie wanted to be when she grew up.  Confident and self-assured.    A commanding presence that compelled respect even of Yakuza and Mafia bosses.  But gentle and kind, ruling not through force but through persuasion.  If she didn’t have other responsibilities, Minnie could imagine no better existence than as Strawberry’s disciple.  There was so much she imagined she could learn from the more experienced elf.  So many things she wanted to master.

But, alas, she did have other responsibilities.  And those responsibilities were calling loudly as the little taxi swung to the curb just outside Gino’s.  Minnie paid the driver, tipping him not only with UCAS dollars but also a warm smile, and turned to face the familiar eatery.  It was right about one O’clock in the afternoon and the lunch rush was only beginning to subside.  More patrons were leaving than were entering the old place as mostly sararimen and low-level corporate execs made their way back to whatever drudgery defined their daily existence.  Minnie slipped in and took possession of a recently vacated table for two.

One of the hostesses came by to clear the table, making the previous patron’s tip quickly vanish.  She gave Minnie a skeptical look, suggesting maybe that the young girl didn’t belong here.  Minnie just smiled and slipped the woman a note wrapped in a UCAS five dollar bill.  She’d composed the note before she had left Strawberry’s domain.  “Please give the note to the cute boy at the bar,” she directed the woman with a quick glance at Jimmy across the room.  “The delivery fee is yours.”

The woman’s skeptical look shifted into ambivalence as she pocketed the cash and moved on to a few other tables before ending up at the bar.  Minnie watched as Jimmy gave the woman a quizzical look as the note was delivered, then looked across the room at Minnie.  Minnie just smiled and tried to give her best flirty look.  Jimmy’s expressive brow furrowed in clear confusion and his lips formed a slight scowl as he opened the note and read the contents.  To the boy’s credit, his expression didn’t betray the recognition.  His face just settled into a neutral expression.  He looked up at Minnie just a moment and simply nodded before returning to his work.

Part one of the mission accomplished, Minnie hopped back out of her seat and walked calmly back out the front door of the restaurant.  Next stop, the old park two blocks away with a water feature that actually still worked.  In the late December drizzle, she was confident it would be bereft of people.  A perfect place to have a private conversation when Jimmy’s shift was up in another hour.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:41:43/09-08-15)
Athos chuckles.  >>Believe it or not I was buying the warehouse.  All of the action was already over and the seller somehow forgot to mention that you had been there.  He was giving me a tour when we noticed the explosives and were lucky to find some weak boards to break through to get out.  Right before the explosion.  It is a bit suspicious and I am quite interested in find out who wants me dead enough to set this up.  Can we finish this face to face or must we continue this?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:12:22/09-08-15)
"Just a moment. You wanted to buy the warehouse? I was told it contained rocket launchers that should be destroyed. So if you found the explosives, why didn't you just leave the warehouse - were you locked in? In that case that was definitively not our doing."
Kynos paused. The story was unlikely enough to be a fake.
Also he didn't get a vibe that this was a setup. For one he would have noted some back up by now after he had threatened the guys life.

"Ok, count me intrigued. I'll extend some trust here. Any funny business and I'll do my damned best to make you rue that decision.
Meet me at that little Indian restaurant across the street."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:03:34/09-08-15)
@Minnie Jimmy arrives a bit early to the park, he seems a bit suspicious, and carefully observe his surrounding. After a short while he approaches you and greets you hello.  He then say "You got me very concerned, I could barely concentrate for the rest of my shift. Eventually Gino released me early. Is Yulia in some kind of trouble? Just yesterday she came herself to meet me, I am the shy one between the two of us." He seems genuinely concerned.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (14:34:12/09-08-15)
Minnie had entertained the idea of portraying herself as someone carrying a message rather than as herself.  It would have been interesting to see how the boy acted around another girl.  Seeing Jimmy’s sincere concern melted her heart, though, and she had to be honest with him.  She’d arranged a spot where she hoped she could speak plainly.  With the drizzle around them and the fountain with running water beside them, no one would be able to hear their conversation without magic or some serious tech.  The idea that someone would be staking out Jimmy for such an effort seemed in the realm of the ridiculous.  Still, she carefully looked around with the heightened senses just to be sure.

“Jimmy, you know the call you got last night asking about someone good at forensics?  Well, things got even worse after that.  However hard it may be to believe it, I’m Yulia.  What you’re seeing and the voice you’re hearing is an illusion.”  Minnie can see that Jimmy’s skeptical of the claim.  His face is a window of confusion, anxiety, and suspicion.  “Jimmy, I really appreciated the apple juice you slipped me yesterday.  It was delicious.  When you offered to take me to the club with you, I wasn’t sure how to feel.  I wasn’t expecting it, but at the same time it wasn’t unwanted.  When I figured my feelings out, you were already gone.  I was so worried about you that Athos and I scared the piss out of the younger Hamanis punks who were still here.”  She smiles as she remembers the look on the poor boys’ faces.  “I think they were sure Athos was going to eat them.  I came like a guardian angel and convinced one of them to take me where their buddy’s had taken you.  I saw you speaking at the community center and was so proud.  You’re an amazing man to speak like that.  It gave me goose bumps…still does.  My best friend is a troll and I’m a human freak.  To see a regular human speaking up for people like me, well, especially someone I…like…it felt really good.”  As I speak I maintain eye contact with Jimmy the whole time.  I have no idea what the illusion is doing to the look in my eye, but hopefully at least some of my sincerity was seeping through the mask.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:26:07/09-08-15)
He seems to struggle with the fact that you look so different and yet you are yourself and not some cute teenager. You know that he believes you as he seems embarrassed, he blushes and does not seem to be able to speak. After a short while, he closes his eyes he takes a deep breath and then opens his eyes and it is difficult to stop him. He speaks so fluently.

"Yulia, You do not have to change your appearance, not for me. I like you a lot, just the way you are. I think that you are beautiful and kind.  Humanity comes in different shapes and forms, one have pointy ears and the other is two and a half meters tall but we are all humans.  We all have emotions, hopes and dreams - in some elementary level we are all the same. It is our eyes that deceive us.

You really did all these things for me? It moves me it is amazing that you went out of your way to rescue me. Even if I only left for the community center. Huminis are mostly good people, they just fear what they cannot understand and that fear threatens them.

Look, Yulia, I really like you and I do want to go out with you. But what I see in front of my eyes - is not a date invitation. You look completely different sound completely different and instead of ordering some apple juice and chatting me up, you schedule a mysterious meeting at the park."

He is quiet - A bit disappointed with his latest realization. But he looks you straight into the eyes and grab your hands. He say:  "Please Yulia,  are you in trouble? is it because of that warehouse you told me about? Is there anything I can do to help?" He say as he grabs your hands.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:17:22/09-09-15)
Athos laughs again, picks up the comm and begins to climb down from the crane.  >>Yes.  Or, rather, my employer wanted to buy the warehouse.  I was simply the go-between.  And if there were any rocket launchers there at one time, they were certainly gone when I got there.  The warehouse was pristine.  And yes, we were locked in.  Apparently a sophisticated system locked us in the building after we entered.  Fragging inconvenient, all together.  Might have been in and done if the warehouse walls had been designed to hold a Troll.  As it is, they were not, and now I am freezing my balls on a fragging crane.  Nice view from up here though.<<

When Athos gets to the ground he carefully leaves the wharf and crosses the street to the Indian eatery.  The Mumbai Express advertised authentic Indian-style food, or at least as authentic as soy can be.  The décor inside was probably something semi-related to an Indian theme once upon a time, but now is just patched fake leather booths, worn out chairs, and unbalanced tables.  Athos saw all this from the outside through the window lit by tiny neon lights that indicated Trolls would only be served from there.  Athos is used to this; after all, there are not many quick eateries that have special places for Trolls to dine inside.  He is used to it.  He steps up to the window and looks at the greasy menu and selects something that looks good from the pictures. After all, anything with curry, real or fake, cannot be too bad.  As he waits for the food, he wonders when the mysterious Kynos will appear.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:53:47/09-09-15)
"You Athos?" Ah elf had stepped around the corner, a duffle back casually slung over the shoulder with the left hand. A trench coat concealed badly urban body armor. His hair was cropped to a seven millimeter buzz cut and despite his face being quite symetrical and unmarred by scars or other damage he wasn't good looking. It took Athos only a second to realize that it was the eyes. They looked somehow dead or rather lifeless.
Then Athos realized that looking the man in the eyes might be a mistake because it meant he had taken away his eyes from the man's right hand which incidentally rested on something inside the trench coat.

"Count yourself lucky. On an other day I might just have gotten rid of you and left the city. But I have unfinished business and obligations, so let's have a seat and discuss this like fucking civilized law abiding citizens."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:20:56/09-09-15)
Athos looks at the Keeb as he comes around the corner and nods.  "Bingo.  Got the name right first time off.  Congratulations.  It takes some people several tries to get it right."  He turns away from the runner to get the plate of food that was just placed on the take out shelf.  Or, rather, the first of several plates.  He takes two at a time to a shaky outside stand-up table that was about Troll size.  As he is going back for the fourth trip, Athos nods at the window.  "Get you something?  It smells good.  Some sort of curry something.  I'm buying.  By the way, unless you're scratching your balls in that coat, you can take your arm out.  I'm not here to try to shoot, gut, or punch you.  Just want to talk for now and maybe hire you if you say the right things.  But it is normally considered rude to threaten a potential employer.  And I don't like to brag, but there are a number of people taking permanent dirt naps out there that thought it would be easy to get rid of me, so give me the same credit I give you.  Basically I understand that you are a dangerous guy, and if you think I am not a dangerous guy then I really have little use for you after all."  If Kynos wants food, Athos orders it, otherwise he takes the last of the plates to the table and starts to eat while looking at the runner.

"You know, we really are different, your kind and mine.  And I don't mean the obvious trog and keeb thing.  I have never really understood the entire runner bit.  What do you get out of it?  And of course, the question is just to use up some time so I can eat my dinner, but I would like to hear your opinion if you care to give it."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:48:21/09-09-15)
Kynos shrugged: "I already ate. That was actually the main reason I set the meeting here. That and the nice view..."
He sat down opposite the troll: "See it as a compliment that I leave the gun in the holster.
Oh and I also appreciate that we can leave the posing aside. I don't need to pump up my plumage and neither do you.

About that potential employer thing we'll have to talk.
First thing: I won't give you info on my chummers - the best I can do is ask them if they want to talk to you. That one's free.
Second thing: I've got obligations and that means I'm in the market for high cash jobs. So you are in luck there.
Third thing: I'm a runner because it sounds better than amoral mercenary - which I am too.
It's a useful social construct - there is a culture with norms and rules that give you a guideline but retain your freedom. It's really just for convenience.
But from that I gather that you count yourself as some other class of criminal. Since you do business with the Yaks I assume you are with one of the western syndicates. What is it? Sicilian, Irish? Not Vory obviously and nothing from the Tirs.

My elf senses tell me also that you are in a bind yourself. Getting almost blown up usually gets two types of reaction from a made man: Either he gathers an army and declares all out war or he gets into cover and tries to off the ones responsible as silent as possible.
Since we are talking over dinner and I am not hanging by my balls from the ceiling of some meat packaging plant, I think its rather the later than the former.

So what is it you want from me?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (08:49:56/09-09-15)
In all her years of life, Yulia had never felt anything she could consider romantic affection for a man.  Men were business relationships at best, violent and cruel brutes at worst.  Tony, his own brand of cruelty aside, had years ago gained her respect and even admiration.  In the cell yesterday, perhaps she did feel a little more for him.  Attraction – certainly.  Romantic affection.  No.

Athos?  The troll was certainly handsome for his kind, and any prejudice had literally been beaten out of Yulia many, many years ago.  Her friend was one of two people she might consider deserved the word ‘love’ to describe her feelings for him.  But although she found the man attractive, the relationship the two had developed over the years was much more that of a brother and a sister.  She could imagine kissing a troll that looked like him.  But kissing HIM seemed…wrong.

To be honest, until today there had only been one person in the world she felt safe enough around to give her love and affections to.  Nagisa.  Ever since Yulia was brought to Seattle, her best friend had been there for her.  Their relationship developed in the absence of other options for either of them, but despite that it made them happy.  What more could they ask for in this cold world they lived in?

Now, in just a day’s time, she’d found two beautiful sirens calling her away from her safe ship, and Nagisa wasn’t here to fill her ears with wax.  Strawberry with her alluring mystery, wisdom, and incredible skills.  The representation of everything Yulia could dream of achieving.  And Jimmy with his honest simplicity and exquisite mind.  His noble beliefs and confidence to speak them to the world even to the most skeptical of audiences.

She wanted to lose herself in Strawberry, submerging herself in the elf woman’s love and wisdom.  She wanted to protect Jimmy and enable the brilliant boy to speak his beliefs to the world without fear.  And she wanted to share her life with Nagisa, discovering the world together and sharing that joy of discovery with a kindred soul.

Having come from the depths of human depravity to this was heady stuff.  She wished she could run off for a while and clear her head.  Really absorb everything that was happening.  Figure out who she is now and what she wants from the world.  But she didn’t have that luxury.  She’d just have to keep putting one step in front of the other and make it up as she went.

She nods in response to Jimmy’s question.   “Yes, Jimmy, I’m in a lot of trouble.  So it Athos.  We’re masked like this in order to get around without tipping off the people who want us dead.  I wouldn’t be here talking with you if I wasn’t confident that I wasn’t being tailed.  I,” she lowered her eyes and paused for a moment to figure out what words to use to describe her feelings, “care…about you far too much to put you in that kind of danger.”  She raises her eyes back to meet Jimmy’s own.  “Please don’t ask to do anything for me that would put you in danger.  I need you safe if I’m to stay alive.  My best friend is already in danger because of me.  I can’t handle you at risk too.  But,” she emphasized the word, “I respect you too much not to ask you for the kind of help you excel at.

“I need advice on who to turn to for information.  Someone tried to blow us up in a warehouse.  It was clear the place had been wired days before and the goal was to kill the people who came there last night.  Those people just happened to be us.”

Minnie goes on to describe the building in question and what she knows about the events.  She doesn’t leave anything out except to exclude anything related to Dona Valentina and Strawberry.  She wanted to see what Jimmy came up with before sharing about the Finnigan leader’s disappearance, and the latter…well Yulia had no clue what to say.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:15:13/09-09-15)
Athos nods as he eats.  "Well, then.  You picked a good place for the meet.  Good food here.  I will have to remember this place.  And I, too, appreciate the no posturing.  We don't need that right now.  First thing:  Good.  I would not want to hire someone who was willing to rat his friends out for some coin.  Second:  Even better.  Besides the 200 I owe you for listening, I can offer 2K as a retainer and 3K plus bonus if you do go beyond simply giving me information and actually help me out.  The bonus could be substantial.  Third: Hmmm"  He laughs.  "Actually not sure what to say to that description.  But you are right; I am some other class of criminal.  I have been part of the Finnigan family of the Seattle Mafia.  Almost from birth, you might say.  And your finely honed Keeb senses are on target.  I am running at the moment.  Something happened at that warehouse that has me puzzled.  My boss has gone quiet.  My contacts that I trust have warned me to do the same."

"I am of the considered opinion that someone is trying to start a war between the Yaks and the Mafia.  I am very interested in the who and why.  That warehouse was prepped days ago for that explosion and timed to kill whoever was at that meeting.  In this case that would happen to be me.  I was told that and some others were on-site there before the blast and was hoping that you might be able to help me find out.  Just getting in and out of there without getting killed by the Yaks is impressive, especially since I know that there were at least thirty guards on or near the premises."

"And by the way; I do not go in for the whole hanging people by the balls from a meathook thing.  I usually just prefer to shoot them."  Athos fishes a credstick from a pocket and holds it up.  "I did say 200 just for listening.  You have listened."

Athos slots the stick into whatever Kynos provides and transfers 200 nuyen to the man then looks at him before he withdraws the stick.  "So. Can you help me?  If so, the 2K is yours as well."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:48:42/09-09-15)
Kynos pocketed the stick without blinking.
"Sure. About that war: I engaged in a little diversion by opening fire on that Yak Venom and his goons. He didn't take that well and I'll probably kill him anyway to stop this developing into feud. I hope this doesn't clash with your plans.

About finding things out: I can do two things for you: Ask the others involved privately what they know and beat the shit out of whoever think is convenient to ask.

We only had 10 minutes time to play with that warehouse, but I was told it was filled with rockets and that's why we should demolish it. Now you tell me it was empty and more important still standing when you arrived later.  That sounds to me as if my previous Johnson and the demolition expert he provided were not completely honest with me.

So give me a few hours to ask around and tell me where we should meet up.
By the way, should I know about anyone else you hired? You don't look like someone who operates solo."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:35:45/09-09-15)
Jimmy thinks for a moment, he is not knowledgeable at all about explosives but is quite a fan of politics. He then say, “Let's start with who you cannot under any circumstances trust, no one of the Finnegan family, and no one in the Yakuza. You did not just happen to be there, if you were there someone tried to assassinate you. I do not know why you are so important to be assassinated but please do not tell me - it will only put you in further danger."

He look distant for a while trying to come up with a productive solution. After a short while he finally say.

"The only person that is powerful enough to protect you, and that I can trust his motives is Michael Kearney."
That Humminis politician?! At this moment Yulia might be very confused, even disgusted. You look at Jimmy in disbelief, but Jimmy is grave serious and just continue talking.

"Yes, the Humminis politician. He is not affiliated either with the Mafia nor with the Yakuza. He aims higher, much higher, in fact - he want to be the next governor of Seattle. If he agrees to help you, you will have unprecedented access to resources. From police reports to anything you can imagine. You would not believe how influential and connected Michael is. If he decides to protect you, I doubt the Yakuza or the Mafia will dare to touch you.”

He pauses, a little to let his message sink in.
"I know you have many questions, but you really should be thinking only on one question. WHY would Michael Kearney go out of his way to help you, what you could possibly offer him that is worth this kind of protection."


After a short while he tells you his opinion about that matter as well.
“Open your mind Yulia, Michael is not an ignorant brute that burn down orc businesses - nor he is the kind to call you freak. He is a promising politician, relatively clean as far as I can tell, and he seriously aims to win the next elections. Yes, he supports segregation - no I will not vote for him, but if you read their manifesto about SURGE 'victims' and other very rare meta variants. They say that since there are not enough to form communities of they should be integrated with the general human population. Not killed, not scorned, INTEGRATED."


He pauses and say to you.

"So what can you possibly give one of the most influential people in the city?... You have nothing to trade but your public support. Michael suffers greatly from critiques that say that he is nothing but a pretty and charismatic face to a monstrous movement and that no meta human will ever side with him. Your public support can very well be what help him gain the moderate votes. To make him a legitimate participant in the elections. It may be enough to convince him to protect and help you.  .”

He types Michael's frequency in your comlink, “Just in case you do not think that I am insane. I do not want you to risk contacting me again if somehow what I said was sensible to you.” He say and as far as you can tell he is genuinely concerned about you. It pains him very much to give you a political advice that goes against everything that he believes in. But he truly believes that Michael can protect you, and apparently witty enough to understand the barter of real politics. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:26:52/09-10-15)
Athos listens to the Keeb, nodding as he munches down the huge meal.  He swirls his finger over the food a couple of times in an unspoken question, but is just as happy if Kynos leaves it all to him.  He washes some of the food down and wipes his mouth on the cheap napkins provided.  "Well, at this time I have no claim on this Venom, so I will not step in your way.  It seems that your demo man might indeed have something to hide.  I met the Yak boss at 2330, chatted for a bit, then went to the warehouse.  Must have been maybe 2400.  We were out within a few minutes with the warehouse no more than a pile of sticks behind us.  And the set-up had to be days in the making.  I have found out that the company involved with renovating the warehouse for the sale is called Digital Security Solutions.  They are the likely people to have set this up and certainly are worth looking into.  Perhaps your demo guy is in with them."

"As to others on my team, yes there are.  A set of sneaky eyes and my personal assistant.  I would prefer to keep them independent of you for the time being.  I am sure that you understand.  If you work out well, I will integrate them with you.  Fair enough?  So, do you need anything else from me?  Here is the code to a burner I am going to use only for you for the present.  You strike me as a dangerous man, Kynos.  I can use dangerous men right now."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:09:55/09-10-15)
"Fair enough. You strike me as a man who pays me in full. And I can use such a man too. I'll be in touch.
Oh, but one other thing: If you have me followed a second time I'll react very, very unfriendly."

Kynos got up, deposited the money from the stick and got rid of the empty one. While he moved back to his ride he started his calls:

<<Ryan, had a meeting with some guy called Athos. There is some conspiracy within the Seattle Mafia with him as the fall guy. Turns out that the warehouse we should bomb was in fact a trap for him and some Yak guy. Now he tries to find out who's gunning for him.
So for the moment I won't take runs from that mage broad, but I'm very interested in contacting her. Do you know if she has been rescued by now and how I can reach her? Thanks and love, Kynos>>

Afterwards he used the code he had of DemoX:
<<Hey, you wanted to get back to me about that bounty for Venom. It's a bit pressing since he has himself set up a bounty for our team. We should meet. Love Kynos.>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:42:57/09-10-15)
@Kynos Rayen texts you back >> IT said that she will manifest for you if you bring a date to Crusher 495 and dress accordingly, be there at 22:00 if you'd like to meet. Meeting her in person is sort of impossible, I myself haven't seen her in years.


You recieve a message from DemoX link
>>Kynos, this is Gerled leader of the red hot nukes, neighborhood association. Your man is in very deep cover and so should you. It feels like both the Mafia and the Yakuza are after you guys.


[spoiler]
The bounty Venom placed was not on you but on a mage that go by the name Sovereign that apparently,  publicly humiliated him.  (Mulcarn's character).

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:11:01/09-10-15)
<<Ryan, seriously, a date? Do you have any idea how empty my social calendar is. Ok, whatever I'll get someone. What is Crusher 495 and what is the dress code/security/prices?
Anyway, thanks for your help. Love Kynos>>

He replied to Gerled:
<<Understood. I'll do my best, but a job is a job. If you are attacked you did something right. You go only after the kid that has the ball. So if you can give me instead the details on the bounty on Venom I'll take care of that part of the equation. Love Kynos>>


Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:32:00/09-10-15)
Ryan texts back >> IT has an odd sense of humor as you may notice from her previous meet arrangements. She explicitly said date and nice clothes, I hope you can manage. It is a small orc owned restaurant reasonable food, nothing fancy. City clothes will do, street clothes is a bit stretching it but you do not need a suit. It is right on the northern border between Bellevue and Redmond (You can see it on the game map).  Their security is very good for a restaurant as they are constantly hassled by Huminis thugs. Nothing close to your own level tough.

Geraled texts back,
>>Kynos, I am currently am focused on keeping my man alive, when this wave passes you can resume what ever business you guys were discussing. I honestly do not want to know. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:17:59/09-10-15)
Kynos frowned. Restaurant was easy. A date was not. Well, actually it was. That was a problem his new employer could solve for him.
<<Athos, bad news, good news: The demolitions guy has gone to ground and won't be available for a conversation. But I could manage a talk with our Johnson. But only as a projection. Now I need a date for the meet in a fancy restaurant. If you can wear a nice dress you can come, otherwise send a trusted associate. Meet details are attached. Love Kynos>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:03:43/09-10-15)
Athos looks at the message from Kynos and frowns.  A date?  >>Kynos.  I will have someone there, even if it is me in a dress.  But remember; I don't kiss on the first date so behave yourself.<<  After sending the note, Athos thinks about who to ask to go to the meet.  Minnie will be off with Strawberry.  Perhaps Artie?  >>Artie.  Hey, I need another favor.  I have contracted with a Keeb named Kynos to help with our research project.  He has set up a meet with a source, but needs a date at the location attached.  Can you do this?  Dress nice.  Get back to me soonest if no can do.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:08:31/09-10-15)
@Athos Artie texts back >>Athos, I am sorry but I am busy tonight.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:25:32/09-10-15)
Athos sighs after getting Artie's response.  He runs through his list of non-Family contacts.  Smiling, he hits on one.  >>Dahlia.  Athos here.  I hope that you are available tonight.  I want you to go on a date with an acquaintance of mine.  You will like him.  Keeb.  Sullen.  Just your type.  Location is attached.  Need you there by 2200.  I know it is short notice, but I will double your hourly fee.  This is companionship only.  Dress nice and be nice.  If he takes you home I will pay you a bonus.  You can let him know it is on me.  You also get a bonus if you find out anything about him.  He is very dangerous so do not be dumb.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:38:08/09-10-15)
Dhalia answers >> Thanks for thinking about me sweetie! I'll be there.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:49:29/09-10-15)
With this problem solved, Kynos took care of a few other needs: He checked into a cheap motel with his fake ID, got himself cleaned up and chose an unobtrusive outfit for the evening. His running gear again found itself in his bag. Only the helmet and the lined coat stayed out, together with the taser. After all, he had to ride his new bike to get to the restaurant.

Point 2130h he stood outside the restaurant in the parking lot and looked for his date. 'Maybe I should have asked for a name - eh, what's the worst that could happen? I could drag a random hooker to the meet - if I can get a receipt I'll just forward the bill to Athos.'
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:59:26/09-10-15)
@Kynos At 21:45 a limo pulls over and an attractive human female get out. She is wearing a black dress, and is smoking a cigarette, the limo departs and no guy ever go out of it. She seems classy and is looking for someone. Perhaps she is your date?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:29:35/09-10-15)
Kynos raised an eyebrow. 'Damn, maybe I should have asked for more money - seems like Athos' connections are quite well off.'

He strolled casually over to her: "Good evening. Did Athos send you?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:40:43/09-10-15)
Yulia listens quietly as Jimmy weaves his heartfelt belief in the possibility that the local leader of Humanis might actually be someone she and Athos could turn to.  It was a hard sell, but she wanted to believe Jimmy.  His passion and sincerity was infectious.  Still, it wasn't just her that she would be putting at further risk.  It was Athos too.  And ultimately Nagisa, Dame Valentina, Tony, and whoever else was directly or indirectly caught up in the game someone was playing.

"Jimmy," she says as the boy placed her comm back in her hand.  "You are an amazing boy."  Her words were heartfelt and she hoped her sincerity showed through her illusion.  "I believe that you believe Michael can be trusted to bargain and keep his part of the deal.  I want to believe that.  But so many lives are on the line for this."  She quickly goes on when she sees Jimmy's face fall.  "I just need to ask advice from some people first before I make such an important call.  Athos for one.  And...someone else.  Someone whose counsel I value as much as yours.  If they agree, then I'll do it.  If Michael is as you say, I'd be happy to advocate for his veracity.  Even if we might disagree in segregation, there is a big difference between separation and genocide.  If the fact that magic can even make humans different can help soften his image both to his supporters and detractors, and you believe he's worth helping, then I'm game." 

She goes on the add, "But only if you're up there with me.  Jimmy, I've never been the focus of crowds before.  I'd make a fool of myself without you.  Will you stand with me if I do this?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:13:38/09-11-15)
Athos smiles after he gets the note from Dahlia.  That taken care of, he takes a stroll into the night to clear his head and see if he can make any sense of what has happened.  He also considers Kynos and what little he knows about the Keeb.  He does seem to have the whole tough guy part down and Athos wonders if that is some sort of trademark of the runner world.  They survive by their wits and guts and skills and their life expectancy is remarkably short, so maybe they need to do the tough guy thing to try keep other runners off balance and wondering just who is tougher than whom.  Athos shakes his head and laughs.  At least the Keeb had shown some caution and sense.  And he did know a good Indian eatery that Athos has already added to his list of places to eat.  All in all, the man might be a good fit, and even better if he drops the tough guy routine.  The really tough guys do not advertise it, others just know by looking at them or hearing them talk.  Perhaps Kynos is a tough guy and perhaps he is just talk.  Time will tell.

After walking around a bit, Athos grabs a cab and heads over to the NH.  Going inside, he takes the elevator to his floor and heads for his room.  He had left a hair in the top of the door jamb when he left and he checks it now to see if the room has been disturbed.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:48:16/09-11-15)
@Minnie Jimmy looks at you, he has no idea what he feels like, clearly in some emotional struggle. "What you are asking me to do is to endanger my political dream, to place a stain on my integrity and support a cause I do not believe in. Yes segregation is not genocide, but people fear what they do not know and placing walls between us makes sure that metahumans never meet each other. Sure it may reduce crime and perhaps even violence, but I am terrified of a slippery slope scenario. Beside what future has minor meta groups without the vast majority of human population? These will be hopless Ghettos without even the illusion of better life.

Michael say that it is an age thing, and that as I grow up I'll be less of an idealist. I am sure that he is a descent person, he helped me a lot.  You will be surprised but he does not invite many people to debate with him. Think about it,  he is a hot-shot politician and I am a bartender. He did me a favor agreeing for a 1:1 debate.  He is the closest thing I have to a political mentor.
I can do that for you, oddly enough I want to do that for you - but do you even like me back?
I am sorry to be so blunt but you really are asking a lot out of me."

@Kynos Dhalia nodes, "Dhalia" She introduce herself and grab your hand. Apparently you already have reservations, it is the best seats in the restaurant.  You can enjoy live and pleasant piano music as you seat. The entire buissness seem to be run by an orc family. A large orc fammily but they all seem to be related.

@Athos the hair is not there, as you open the door you understand why. There is a quite a lot of equipment waiting for you, neatly stashed in places that keep the general atmosphere of the suite pleasant. 


Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:40:45/09-11-15)
"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Kynos", was all Kynos answered
Kynos had to drop his bag but luckily the resaurant provided a coat check.

It was a nice table and the food tasted... well incredibly really, at least in comparison to the stuff he normaly consumed. Still, he did not let the food take away from his attention. This was business after all. He was aware of a few stares in their direction - how could such a boarish person that seemed ill at home eating properly with knife and fork score with such a stunning girl - and not pay her his full attention? His only saving grace was his race: Elves seemed to get a pass on most such occasions and this was no different.
Finally after cleaning his plate he talked to Dhalia: "So, in what capcity do you work for Athos? Do you have any magic talent I should be aware of? - No, I'm talking about real arcane mojo - cut the act, we are on the clock."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:28:26/09-11-15)
@Kynos She giggles and look at you questionably, "If you must know, I am provide escort service. Kind of expensive one too.  Despite the way you look at me, most people find me very attractive and I am skilled with the etiquette of even the most delicate social situations.

Athos hired me to make sure you are comfortable and have a good night.  You do not seem to be interested in a date, so the question is how can I make you comfortable?"
She sighs and give you a sweet look "I have no clue about the kind of magic you refer to, but some people previously used that word to describe some of my *other* abilities. " She winks at you and places her hand on top of yours, to get your attention and establish eye contact. "What is this 'on the clock' you refer to? Whats on the menu for us?"

 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:58:13/09-11-15)
"Meeting with an astrally projecting mage. As you can see, I'm not normally one to dine out with beautiful women in fancy restaurants. This is strictly an information gathering mission - your employer chose wisely when he sent you."
He pulled his hand away from her.
"Incidentally, what is this small fork for?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:56:13/09-11-15)
@Dhalia looks suspicious, "Why would an astrally projecting mage pick this spot? you could have met while you were on the way heck you did not even have to get out of your bed. There must be more to it than that. Why schedule in a fancy restaurant when you cannot even enjoy its food. "

She casually say "For fish off-course,  I ordered a fresh cod fish- would you like to share it with me?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:43:13/09-11-15)
"Fresh cod in Seattle? Oh well, my nephritic screen will probably protect me, so sure, why not.

And yes, it's unnecessarily complicated, but it was the same with our first meet in a strip club. And the food is good, so I'm not complaining."
Kynos took a sip from his water. Hopefully the mage would turn up soon...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (08:05:22/09-11-15)
@Dahlia said, "Yes, now that they are grown in labs at the cellular level, you might not be willing to still call them fish, but they are 100% clean. The only way to get clean fish as you may know."


She sighs
"Your mage seems like a sad person, to send you to all these nice places and never participate in any of the fun."

The time goes by and you enjoy (or not) the conversation and cod fish but there is no sign of IT. You are already finished with Dhalia's fish, when she suggests.
"Would you like some of the deserts? They make this incredible chocolate pies."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:06:59/09-11-15)
"Alright. I'm not so far gone that I refuse chocolate.
As for the mage's tastes: Who knows - there are weirder fetishes. For all I know she's watching us eat since we got here. That's why I asked if you have arcane talent. But there is nothing to it than to wait", Kynos said resigned.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:17:33/09-11-15)
@Kynos The chocolate is actually quite good, and as you finish deserts Dhalia say "I am not sure your shy mage friend is actually coming... care to bail?" She eyes you suggestively.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:50:26/09-11-15)
"Not yet. Maybe we are to public. I'll check the restroom and the other parts of the restaurant. We'll give her another quarter of an hour. After that I suspect an ambush. Stay in the restaurant, while I go out. If there's shooting... well, it was a nice evening and good chocolate, so thank you."
Kynos got up to do as he said.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:57:34/09-11-15)
@Kaynos as you go to the restroom you are a bit alarmed by the voice of IT asking:"Having a good time Knyos?" Looking to your back you see the joyful mage smiling a warm smile at you.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:02:42/09-11-15)
"Could be worse. You've been waiting long to see me pee?
Well, good to see you since that means you are still alive. So to business: You told us we had to remove rockets from the playing field - now I learn that the warehouse we acted on was in fact a trap designed to kill a Mafia and Yak guy to start a war.
I don't really mind, but I'd like an explanation."
Kynos relaxed from the fighting stance he had taken instinctively when the mage surprised him.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:35:12/09-11-15)
IT laughs and then say:   "I waited because it was the only way you'd stick around in the restaurant, it is a safe place for you to be. About that job, I do not assassinate people, me and DemoX were trailing a very sensitive arms delivery that some bad apples at the army re-gifted.

Assassinations take more time, in few minutes he could perhaps demolish the warehouse by drilling a few explosives to the walls - but assassinating is a completely different story. DemoX could not prepare the place for a hit in such a short notice. 

However, I do have my suspicion that I was not the only one DemoX was working for that night. It makes me angry, I do not swing that way it make me look bad."
 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:46:08/09-11-15)
"My thoughts exactly. So, who gave you the info on the warehouse and provided you with contact to DemoX?
Seems like there were no rockets inside when it exploded. And if it was only that van full, flattening the whole warehouse would have been overkill. So either your intel was very bad, or we failed and quite a large number of rockets made it out on the street."
Kynos leaned against the toilet door, preventing anyone else to enter and disturb the meeting.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:53:43/09-11-15)
IT said: "Me and DemoX had a mark on the van, this is how we tracked it, it landed in that house and waited there for several hours. The first plan was to replace vans. To steal the van with the explosives and place an identical empty one in its place, but that asshole, Venom blew that van with a rocket launcher, I never saw that one coming - completely unprovoked.

The second plan was to blow the van with the explosives and with it the entire warehouse as you cannot blow that many explosives without demolishing the place. The warehouse was planned to protect the neighborhood from the van exploding. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:59:00/09-11-15)
"I see. But the van took flight as soon as we got there. What did DemoX do in the warehouse if all rockets were in the van?

Seems like I have to find DemoX to get some answers. Do you know where I should start?

Also, Demox mentioned that there are a lot of people interested in Venom's demise. I could facilitate that, provided someone pays me. You wouldn't know who would be interested, would you?"

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:10:23/09-11-15)
IT: tells you "Venom hates my guts but the hatred is not mutual. I'd be happier to know who does Venom really work for.  His behavior seems idiotic but it causes a lot of chaos in the city and Venom seem to have access to large amounts of cash. That money comes from somewhere, I can handsomely reward you if you find out about him.

About DemoX is a member of the Red Hot Nukes, I'd start by talking to them.  I was at the brink of death when these events happened, but as far as I can tell that van was in DemoX's control the entire time. We kept it in the warehouse to not alert the Yaks, we are not exactly combat capable."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:18:51/09-11-15)
"Fair enough. Not my speciality, but maybe I can find that out while I solve the other mystery. Is there a way I can contact you directly without having to visit clubs and restaurants?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:24:13/09-11-15)
@IT sighs, "I give you this comlink number, but only call it if you are in some serious shit. These calls can be traced and I'll appreciate it if you continue to access me through Ryan if it is not urgent."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:35:41/09-11-15)
"Deal. Nice talking to you. I'll let you know when I find something."
Kynos gave way at the door and ignored the disgruntled and by now almost panicky restaurant patron running for the next free stall. 

Back at their table he said: "Good news, we can close up for today. Call your limo, I've got to go."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:40:15/09-11-15)
@Kynos Dhalia pays for both of you and before she enters her limo she ask you "Are you sure you do not want to join me?"
[spoiler]
I assume reading your character right that kynos won't join her, so feel free to write her off as leaving the scene.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:22:40/09-11-15)
"Thanks for the offer, but I've got a job to do. May be another time."
Kynos smiled uncharacteristically before he went to his bike and drove off.

He made a call to Athos: <<I met the contact. Seems like we have to go talk to the Red Hot Nukes about that exploding warehouse. Specifically to the dwarf that accompanied me. I'll give him a another chance to talk to me, otherwise we might have to come to him.
By the way, it seems as if Venom could be involved in that part too: He was responsible for stashing the rockets at the warehouse. My instinct tells me that there's more.>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:54:19/09-11-15)
Athos sends a response back to Kynos.  >>Good job.  I hope that you enjoyed the company.  Dahlia is usually a pleasure to be with.  Do you need any assistance in what you are doing or are you good going solo?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (01:32:13/09-12-15)
I had thought I understood politics.  After all, I'd had politicians, judges, and various other officials as clients for years.  They loved to talk, and I was happy to listen given talkers generally treated me better.  But listening to Jimmy it was clear that politics was a lot harder than it looked.

Which makes sense, I guess.  How many times had Nagisa and I gotten in fights when she suggested that, except for the violent ones, I had it easier.  "All you have to do it lie down," she'd say.  At least earlier on.  It infuriated me.  Prostitution is hard work, dammit.  At least when you take gold and platinum clients.  You have to learn what each client likes and create a fantasy for them while they are with you.  Wall off their real world life and for however many hours give them unhindered pleasure.  Make them the center of the universe.

It took skill.  Research and study.  Years of practice.

Here I thought politics was just standing up and speaking your mind.  Yeah, I knew there was intrigue, but what Jimmy described sounds...

Is this what love feels like?

Damn, my life is getting so  complicated.  What do I say to this?

"Jimmy," I start hesitantly, feeling certain I'd say the wrong thing again, "I've never met anyone like you.  And that's a good thing!" I add reassuringly when his face falls again.  "I admire you maybe more than anyone...well anyone our age.

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Jimmy.  A lot you may not like when you find out.  A lot...that might not help your career.  I've been so worried about you getting hurt physically by being around me that I never even thought about the politics.  I think before you're seen with me I need to tell you how a girl like me, someone different like I am, managed to survive this long.  It's not a pretty story, and now isn't the time for it."

I take a deep breath and continue before Jimmy can respond.  "If I contact Michael, I'll stand with him myself although the idea terrifies me.  Even if you're not up there with me, I know you'll be with me in sprit.  That will have to do.  And Jimmy, I do like you."  I lean forward and give the boy a very quick peck on the lips before standing back again.  "A lot.  You're the only boy I can imagine myself with.  But I think we need to take this one step at a time so we can make sure I don't ruin your dreams.  Seeing those dreams die, and knowing I killed them, would break my heart."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:27:47/09-12-15)
@Minnie Jimmy elegantly turns his head as you approach for a peck "Not like this... I want it to be real if it happens." He say, "You may forget it, but you look and feel completely different. "
He looks at you,  "Michael have also suggested that I work for him, he likes the way I talk. The thing is, I am not a little boy I am a young adult and despite not having to 'survive' and having a safe and secure life,  I want your love and friendship rather than just your protection." He sighs  "What ever it is you have been through... First be safe, this is the most important thing. We can talk about it when you sort these things. Do not worry about my career, these are my decisions to make."

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:48:36/09-12-15)
<<Athos: Honestly, I'm totally out of my dept here. I'm not an investigator, I'm an executor. My kind of diplomacy only works if I am allowed to cut a swath of devastation - and even I can see that you would not appreciate that kind of attention at this moment - or ever.
So I'd say lets meet up, so I can relay in detail what I learned. Until then I'll start a last attempt to reach the demolitions guy.>>

Kynos had only a general knowledge where the Red Hot Nukes were holed up, but he headed in that direction anyway.
Again he called DemoX number, knowing full well, that he would reach only the 'secretary':
<<I know, I know. DemoX is in hiding. But this is super important if he intends to get out of hiding anytime in the next years. Just have someone with two burners go somewhere and put he mouth and earpieces against each other or something. In this day and age you can't tell me that you can't manage a secure connection.
Anyway we both need this information exchange and I will get it done one way or another.>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (05:14:37/09-12-15)
Athos has been sorting the new gear and checking everything out, especially the weapons.  They were disassembled and cleaned, with special attention paid to the firing pins.  The new assault rifle is a beauty and Athos lavishes care on it.  He is almost finished when the message comes in from Kynos.  >>Sure.  Where do you want me to meet you?  And will there be a chance of trouble?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (08:53:55/09-12-15)
@Kynos - Geraled  texts you back >>Whats in it for me? This is what you'll need to answer if you want to access DemoX.  You can meet meet me at the following address. (they are north of toristville - in the areas that people are currently evacuating.)
 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (09:36:15/09-12-15)
Be safe, he says.  Easier said than done.  Still, to have someone...a human male...so concerned about me.  I never really imagined it.

"I'll do my best, Jimmy," I promise.  "We've got to clear Dame Valentina's name with the Yak and uncover whoever conspired to set us up, though.  I can't promise how things will turn out."  I meet Jimmy's eyes to be sure he knows the next is directed at him.  "I just know I have a lot to live for right now."

My eyes now do another scan of the area in all my sights just to be sure nothing had changed since my last review of the surroundings.  I couldn't be too careful with Jimmy's life.  No matter what he might say, while he was brilliant in the light, the shadows are my home.  Who knows, maybe that's the basis of a life.  He shines with the light of his righteous sun and I keep the darkness from extinguishing his flame.  The idea certainly jives with all the books I've read.  My own flame for the boy burns brighter at the thought.

I definitely have to keep us both alive through this.

"I think it;s best that I get moving.  The more I stay in one place the better chance there is of someone seeing through my mask.  And I think we both know I best stay away from you until this mess gets sorted out."  I look back up at him.  "Thank you again for trusting in me and for giving me your advice.  It means the world to me to know I have a friend...maybe more...no matter what.  As much as I am scared to death to tell you the drek I've lived through, I'm even more scared not to.  We'll get through this and have that talk."  I smile shyly.  "And maybe we can even try again with that kiss."

After a few moments more just staring into each other's eyes, I turn away and quickly make my way several blocks to where the neighborhood changes to a little strip mall anchored by a stuffer shack.  I manage to hail another little taxi and ask to be taken back to Strawberry's place.  On the way, I have a lot to think about.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:51:22/09-12-15)
@Minnie, You arrive at Strawberry's it is a bit early About 15:30 and you still have a few hours to kill. Lunch have already finished and the place is mostly empty. The bartender, a man in his forties eyes you as you enters and asks "Would you like a drink? There is also the room upstairs that still waiting for you. If you wish to rest"

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (12:05:19/09-12-15)
The past day has been a blur.  Sleep last night was interrupted by Nagisa's message, a massage I have yet to respond to.  Thinking about my girlfriend makes me anxious, but I realize  will be of no use to anyone if I am not rested.  I'm far more tired than hungry at the moment so I read upstairs to catch a little sleep before my next new experience.

A ritual spell.

As an adept i really have little idea of how magic actually works.  It just IS for me.  This will be my first experience with real spellcasting.  And on top of it, I need to compose some rational message to send to Nagisa in her dreams.  The idea overwhelms me and i hope a little sleep will help clarify things.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:02:09/09-12-15)
@Athos Roxxy texts you
>> That "Drone" that Artie sent me, it is electronic. ELECTRONIC as in 50 years ago technology, previous generation matrix technology and it is fully functional and appears to be some kind of a relay station in sophisticated blend of modern wireless technology with previous matrix design. It is pretty neat actually - and it exposed to me a completely parallel matrix that is completely inaccessible with modern fiber optics equipment.

I afraid there is not much more I can do with this device other than make it some kind of primitive com-link for that other matrix. There is no continues signal all over the city but it is especially dense in Bellevue and in the parts of the Barrens that border it. Where did you find this stuff?
Oh and you owe me 1,500 nuyen.





Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:53:32/09-12-15)
@Minnie you wake up at about 18:50 to a very pleasant voice. “Yulia... we should get going.” She gives you a bit to prepare and then grabs your hand and gently walk you to her home, not very far from the Joke. It is a cave, but very stylish a bit hobbit style. Rather than cold and dark. There is no way to dig such a cave inside a thick forest and the trees seem quite old it is safe to assume that her home was mainly generated with magic.

You are surprised to meet someone that look just like her, that is cooking dinner. Both of them are even wearing that same unusual dress that you spotted her the other time only that tonight the colors are different. Reds and oranges that gives their body the illusion that it is on fire.
Strawberry say “Meet Strawberry, she is my ally spirit. I had to also take her name after the Yakuza decided to go head to head with me, if they do not believe that i can be killed - no body assassinate me.” She giggles slightly.  Obviously a bit nervous with the revelation.

The other Strawberry smiles at you happily and say “Call me M, so that there is no confusion, I will help with the ritual tonight and I am also cooking” Although M look exactly like Strawberry, her voice is normal, it is very attractive and perfectly pitched but it does not have that strong emotional effect on the listener. “Are you joining us for dinner? I made pancakes”
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (16:13:27/09-12-15)
I've always hated waking up.  I can't say I hate morning since I've always gotten up in the late afternoon.  Still, waking has always meant I had to prepare for clients.  That was never something to look forward to.  Even the "good" ones.

But this is different.  Being woken up by Strawberry is like a continuation of a pleasant dream.  Her voice speaks to my heart.  Her hand on my shoulder is soothing.  I don't see much point in doing more than dressing and running a brush through my hair, which I do as quickly as I can so the we can get on with whatever is to be tonight.

I'm still not sure what I can possible say tonight to Nagisa, but with Strawberry with me I'm sure my heart will come up with the right words.  Around her, I just can't believe things won't turn out right.  Optimism follows her around like a puppy.

And apparently so do I.

The idea of a little nature preserve in Redmond strains belief, but here it is.  A little island of peace surrounded by the sea of insanity that is the Seattle Sprawl.  Once again I marvel at this woman. 

I don't get the chance to dwell on my near adoration of Strawberry before I meet...Strawberry?  Two of them?!?  Twins?  No.  A spirit!  I briefly slip into mage sight and can clearly see what the elf woman says is true.  This new woman is made of the same "stuff" as Dream of Passion, just far more ...substantial?  To say she's more real isn't exactly right, but she's definitely more powerful.  More "here" than "there".

I never said magic made sense.  YOU try explaining the sound of ocean waves to someone who never had hearing!

"Pancakes?"  I do a double take...and giggle.  A spirit making pancakes?  Why I find it so funny, I can't say,.  But for some reason I do and I can't help a little titter.  Maybe it's the stress.  I can't imagine why I'd be stressed.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (17:13:23/09-12-15)
Athos is waiting for Kynos to get back to him, but is happy to get the message from Roxxy.  >>Roxxy.  thanks for the information.  We found this at a small eatery named Gino's.  I am sending you the ARO address if you want to look around.  Give me an account and I will drop the 1500.  Bonus if you can go to the place and see what it might have been connected to and or why it was there.  Call me.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (20:52:35/09-12-15)
@Minnie
M shares with Strawberry and you her pancakes and you are surprised the she not only cooks but also eats, somehow that simplicity of a kitchen without many technical appliances and what appear to be genuine hot chocolate... can it be? probably a high quality fake, they make you happy. Either that or these pancakes were a bit more than they pretend to be.

Strawberry explains “What is going to happen for the next four hours is that you read your note over and over again, while we do the ceremony carefully shaping the mana and approaching Nagisa’s mind. It will be exhausting, but you’ll need to stay inside the magical cycle and recite your message, Nagisa will see you and hear your voice.”
M adds “and you are going to hear us chanting for four hours, it can make you a bit confused, vulnerable perhaps, you will feel a lot more emotional than you are and the experience may overwhelm you. Do you know what you are going to whisper already?”

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:53:07/09-13-15)
@Athos Roxxy texts you >> I think it is best to place it where we found it before anyone come looking. There are few people that can piece together a craft like this. Either the Blue Vixen if she really is a person, or the Brain Eaters.

Athos thinks, the Brain Eaters - aren't these the guys that the Mafia intends to kick out of Touristville? a bunch of computer geeks and shadow deckers that scavenge old technologies lost in time.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:05:10/09-13-15)
Athos smiles and sends a return message to the girl.  >>Then please return it.  Go to Gino's and put it in the candy jar on the counter.  Can you talk to the Brain Eaters?  Or arrange for one to talk to me?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:22:21/09-13-15)
@Kynos - Geraled  texts you back >>Whats in it for me? This is what you'll need to answer if you want to access DemoX.  You can meet meet me at the following address. (they are north of toristville - in the areas that people are currently evacuating.)
 

<<The nice and warm feeling of having helped a fellow human being - and if you are a heartless bastard, I can offer you 100 in cash as a provider fee. See you there with a friend. Love Kynos>>

To Athos he texted:
<< Got the adress. Meet you there in half an hour. Going to a guy called Gerald. Love Kynos>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (12:11:34/09-13-15)
Athos thinks it is a good thing he is already dressed.  In the cab he sends an acknowledgement to Kynos.  >>On the way.  What sort of place is this and what sort of trouble can we expect?<<  The cab lets him out a block from the meeting and he walks the short distance to the location, arriving barely on time.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:47:41/09-14-15)
@Athos and Kynos as you arrive to the location indicated what greets you is a hastily built  2 meter wall, built out of rusted old cars, construction waste and plastics. It is basically made of reused Barrens polluted junk. The wall is filled of firing positions and sand begs and you can spot a guard every several meters, equipped with high tech goggles. Inside the wall there is an 8 story building that also seems fully fortified and you can spot hunting guns pointing out from some of the windows and camouflage cloths that make it difficult to spot if these guns are manned or not.  Before the wall there is barb wire, and only a narrow spiral path leads to the entrance after going back and forth 3 times across the barb wires.

As you approach an AR dwarf is projected from the floor to 'greet' you. "We are armed and dangerous, Go find less organized neighborhoods to prey on!"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:55:18/09-14-15)
Athos is impressed despite himself.  This is quite a fortress.  He waits across the street until Kynos puts in an appearance. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:07:15/09-14-15)
<<I have no idea, but if I had to guess: The explosive kind.>>

Kynos reached the meeting point with a bit of delay. He approached Athos and nodded: "I'm no expert, but if I wanted to go to ground after I did something that made me unpopular, I think I would hide out here. Probably best if we don't brandish our weapons."
With a nod he crossed the street to enter the compound: "I've got a meeting with Gerald. And that boyscout there is my employer."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:25:11/09-14-15)
Athos nods and walks across the street with Kynos.  With the level of security displayed here, he is expecting to have to surrender his pistol.  He nods and lets Kynos speak, a bit entertained at being called a boy scout.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:02:10/09-14-15)
@Kynos and Athos The AR Dwarf say come right in, watch for the barb wire it is wired to anti human mines, you could lose a leg. As you carefully brave the narrow passage between the barb wire, a couple of dwarfs approach you come with us they say, and they take you to the building lobby. Gerald waits for you in the lobby wearing combat vest and accompanied with five bodyguards.  He seems like an old dwarf, perhaps 80, and clearly over his physical peak.
Come have a seat he say It seems like you are interested in this misfit DemoX... youngsters and their street names, In my time everyone just had a real name.

He sighs "I tell you what, you do something for me and I do something for you. How about it? "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:14:24/09-14-15)
Athos looks around at the setup and smiles.  These halfers are pretty fragging paranoid.  He considers the offer and nods.  "Favors owed and paid is good commerce and builds trust.  What do you have in mind?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:02:28/09-14-15)
Gerald answers: "Every night these things wander on the hood scare people to get out. People think that they are Shedim but there are a few things that do not mesh up with this story. Bring me a "Living" Zombie and I will grant you access to DemoX. Be advised that since we do not know what these things are, I suggest some chemically sealed suits.

I find it odd that people just runaway from their homes without even trying to attack these things.  Where our blockade have killed on sight quite a few of them. It is this terror that intrigue me. Because only other attack on these things was from automated drones in Bellevue barrier.  I am a man of science, so I want to understand exactly how these weaklings can cause so much damage without any real violence.  Especially since once you try, killing them is not that difficult. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:17:45/09-14-15)
Athos lets out one of his big laughs.  "Would you by any chance have one of those suits in my size?  Never mind.  Not a favor if it is easy, right?"  He looks down at Kynos.  "You ready to take on these things alive?  We can shoot some and save one.  Maybe kneecap him so he does not move too fast." 

Looking back at Gerald, he says.  "Deal.  Do you know where we can find some of these things tonight?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:37:31/09-15-15)
The old dwarf "Just walk the streets at night, they will find you, most people try to hide from them you really cannot miss them. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:39:00/09-15-15)
Athos laughs again then looks at his companion.  "Are you ready to go kill some undead?"  He nods to the halfer and leaves the room, going back out to the street.  The darkness has closed in, the overcast sky lending an eerie atmosphere to the dimly lit streets.  Almost the only sign of life in this area was the fortified building they had just left.  Athos nudges man next to him.  "Come on.  Let's get this done so we can talk to your bomber."

Saying that, Athos removes his huge handgun from its holster and spins the cylinder.  The familiar noise is comforting as he steps off into the street, looking for zombies.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:17:31/09-15-15)
"Always ready to shoot." Kynos said. "Just the alive part is irritating. That and that whole get a chemsuit. Those things are freaking expensive.
I'll rely on my normal armor and it's chemical protection. Just give me a minute to change into gear."

Kynos took out his own gun, made sure it was loaded with normal ammo and took a look at his taser. One for fun one for work.
"You got a car? Otherwise, I've got my bike here and I can follow you."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:43:50/09-15-15)
Once the night drops and Darkness envelops the almost completely dark neighborhood, you are surprised how little electricity there really is in there. It is not difficult to spot the 'zombies' as they are very loud and you can quickly discover a group that broke the door of a squat and are drugging a squatter toward the sewer entrance. You heard them breaking the door, it was impossible to miss.

[spoiler]
Roll perception, and stealth if you want to be stealthy.

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:26:37/09-15-15)
[spoiler]
Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/325543): 9d6t5 2
with vision enhancement

Stealth:Stealth Check (http://orokos.com/roll/325544): 12d6t5 3[12d6t5=2, 4, 5, 3, 6, 5, 1, 4, 1, 1, 3, 2]
Going near them to 150m

Readying AR, loading GEL, aiming for two actions, fire:
AGI 7 + Automatics (AR) 8 + 2 Smartlink + 2 Aim  (Hawk Eye negates first range increment, Low Light vision and Thermographic active) -4 Vitals shot
Stealth Check (http://orokos.com/roll/325551): 15d6t5 6

13S AP -1 +6 successes on the likely surprised target.

Ini: Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/325552): 15+2d6 27
Oh, yeah!

When they start to run towards us, I'll start suppressive fire:
Suppressive Fire (http://orokos.com/roll/325555): 17d6t5 8
If they are real zombies they probably will continue to run towards us and catch some GEL rounds every ini phase.

[/spoiler]

Kynos only moved until his smartlink laser told him they were within 150m of their targets while changing magazines in his rifle. He kept a hand up to indicate to Athos to stop.
He aimed for a second and shot one very precise shot of GEL ammunition on the head of the last zombie.
When he was sure he had their attention he stood up and began to shoot in a measured and precise way, showering the other Z's with gel.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:29:28/09-15-15)
Athos shakes his head.  "My car got trashed as part of what went down last night so I am on foot until I can replace it.  But I do not think we will need to go far."

He walks in silence, enjoying the hunt.  When they spot the group of zombies, he readies his pistol but is content to stand back as Kynos does his thing.  It gives Athos a chance to observe the man in action and his own weapon is not very useful at this range.  He is content to provide backup in case this group proves resistant to Kynos' efforts.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (10:36:15/09-15-15)
"I...think so," I answer in response to Strawberry's doppelganger.  "It's really hard now that I have to face it.  I get only one chance.  What it I mess it up?"  I don't even try to hide how anxious I suddenly feel about what I'm about to face.  "If Nagisa is hurt because of me, I don't know what I'd do..."

Nagisa is my first and best friend.  The one who has stood with me ever since I came to Seattle.  I would never have survived until now without her.  To lose her...I don't want to imagine it. 

"I'm so scared."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:41:12/09-15-15)
Strawberry tell you "You have to be strong for her, you are giving her a gift. A gift that can keep her strong for many days to pass, the knowledge that you are safe. Imagine how much you could endure if you had the same knowledge yourself. How strong you could be"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (10:47:32/09-15-15)
"Maybe.  But still..."  I close my eyes and take a deep breath to try and center myself like Mouse taught me.  I then let it out slowly and face the older and wiser woman again.  "I'll do my best, Strawberry, but what if my best isn't enough?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:05:36/09-15-15)
Strawberry tells you "You will survive and find a way to carry on, life are interesting and they are worth living. I wasn't always called Strawberry I had a real name even a family name, a real family, friends and even a loved one.  But a real person could not survive what life had in store for me. I had to leave everything that I was behind and become strong. I now have no name, no past and no history. I am just Strawberry - and to be precise I am not even Strawberry because Strawberry is my ally spirit and closest friend in this entire world. 

She was crafted from my personality before I changed myself and is now more similar to who I was than myself.  She constantly reminds me what I lost over the years and is more human than I am. You are strong Yulia and you have not survived until now just to give up. One way or another you will survive - even if what you become is something completely different than what you could never imagine."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:11:53/09-15-15)
@Kynos and Athos
Kynos shot knocks one of the Zombies down, the rest cry a horrible cry. They are ignoring the bullets and seem to slowly approach you. You feel the immense fear growing in your mind, as if something horrible is going to happen. Perhaps it is the fact that they do not seem to mind that Kynos just sent one of them to sleep.
[spoiler]
Fear! (http://orokos.com/roll/325594): 12d6t5 5
You have to roll logic and willpower and get 5 hits in order not to run away.
I am not sure what to do with Kynos - I guess he oddly he is not effected because he cannot sense fear. Tough I have to think in what essence dead emotion 'fear' is a negative quality.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (11:12:35/09-15-15)
I listen to the words, striving to see past her melodious voice to the content beneath.  It's hard, but with my skills I manage not to be reassured by the sound but rather really absorb the meaning.

"Maybe...maybe you're right.  It's just so hard right now."  I clench and then unclench my fists.  "But things need doing and I'm lucky to have even this chance to get through to her.  I can't say I'm ready, but let's do this before I lose my nerve."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:52:33/09-15-15)
@Minnie After dinner, the two Strawberry’s take you into a room full of blankets and pillows. It is almost tempting to sleep there and it seem to be equipped for perhaps ten people. Strawberry guides you to a nice big pillow and asks you to close your eyes and sit on it. She say, “When you stop hearing us and instead you hear the heartbeats of your friend, you can open your eyes.”

The couple then start chanting, it does not seem like a spell but a well known lullaby and you feel how their voices begin to envelop you with warmth and rob you of your senses. You are completely at their mercy and quickly become unaware to anything but their voice. Your perception of time also changes as you seem to feel eternity in a single word. You feel as if you have all the time and the world and the melody envelops you and awakens some deep and very primal memories.

Your mind is carried away to some far away land. At first you can smell Nagisa’s hair. She washed it with her new shampoo, the one you really like. As time passes the melody seems more and more distant and Nagisa seem more and more present, you can feel the warmth of her body. Even touch her. Instinctively you start embracing her, and your touch seem to calm her body. You feel how her sleep becomes deeper and her mind is open to you.

But you get closer than physical tough, you feel as if you enter her own body, the two of you are now so close that you share the same space. You do not know how to feel, the intimacy it is unlike anything you ever experienced, you can feel her thinking dreaming touch her emotions and shape them. You are inside her mind, inside her body and you can hear her heart beats.

You open your eyes, and there you are in your room at Athos' apartment. Nagisa is lying next to you and she is as real as if she really was there. You can barely hear the chanting, and cannot sense anything of the room you know you really are in. You both are intimate, in some private moment you had together. Some moment that is very dear to you. 

Nagisa looks at you and embraces you, she brushes your body with her hands, and you feel the urge to speak to her, to comfort her. You know that this is your chance to say something but you are not sure what you are going to say until you start talking.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:26:10/09-16-15)
Athos feels something he has not faced in a number of years.  Fear.  The sensation starts in the pit of the stomach and moves outward, affecting all emotions and motor senses.  He marshals what he can and tries to hold firm against the almost crushing sensation.

[spoiler]Roll against Fear.  3d6 + edge 6d6 (http://orokos.com/roll/325780): 9d6t5 2  Second Chance to stop fear (http://orokos.com/roll/325782): 7d6t5 2  Second edge to reroll misses (http://orokos.com/roll/325783): 5d6t5 2[/spoiler]

Athos draws from his reserves to stand his ground and raises his handgun to the advancing group.  He waits patiently for them to shamble into range, using the time to aim at one of the lead figures.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:06:14/09-16-15)
The zombies size you up, for a little bit before they decent to the sewer carrying their victim. They completely ignore the massive fire by Kynos as if bullets simple are not part of their concern. The unconscious body remains as a testimony to what just happened.

[spoiler]
Mercy you only get one reroll - so that you are terrified (4 hits vs 5 of the fear) and cannot attack the Zombies for 2 combat rounds. (Afterwards you'll have negatives) Feel free to act on this fear the way you want to.  You do not have to drop your gun and run around town like crazy waving your hands and screaming for help. You can just be paralyzed, a bit shaken and there are many less awkward manifestations of fear I'll leave it up to you. The only mechanical effect is that you cannot engage the Zombies for two combat rounds.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:07:37/09-16-15)
[spoiler]
Resist Fear/Confusion (http://orokos.com/roll/325856): 8d6t5 3

[/spoiler]
Kynos had stopped firing as a wave of... he wasn't sure what it was. It felt strange and it was very hard to concentrate. He should be doing something right now, he just couldn't figure out what.

When the zombies had retreated, he calmly stood up, exchanged the magazine for real bullets and looked around. He shrugged. He knew something was wrong with his head but he also remembered that they had a job to do.
From his pockets he produced a pair of steel manacles.
With a raspy voice that fealt as if he hadn't used it in a million years he said: "Cover me, I'll fetch our package."
With swift steps he went over to the fallen body, cuffed it and for good measure pulled a canvas bag over its head. With zip ties he forced the cloth into its mouth and secured it rather brutal behind the head, making it look like some perverted kind of horse snaffle.
When he was sure it wouldn't budge he began pulling the body on its legs towards Athos.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:02:45/09-16-15)
Athos stands ready to cover Kynos.  When the man gets the body back to him, Athos bends down and helps carry it back to the fortified halfer building.  They lug the thing to the door and wait for permission to enter.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:07:09/09-16-15)
Gerald signals and a dwarf in full body armor take the zombie and places it in a small 'prison room' originally that room was garbage room but the city have not provided garbage removal services in decades so the room is now reused as an improvised prison.

Alright I am glad that you were up to the challenge... now for my part. DemoX is not here. I told him to find some other place to hide. He is either in the interrogation room of the Gates or the KE have him and he is in their possession. If he is at the Gates talk to Debbie and tell her that I am willing to cash him, I'll pay her don't worry. If the KE have him, you'll have to talk to Captain Rob.

DemoX is quite the trouble maker and he is not welcome in any of the casinos in town. I figured he'll be safer in their interrogation rooms than in out complex.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:12:39/09-16-15)
"You've got to be kidding..."
Kynos sighed. "This is going to be a long night. Would you be so kind and give us at least the respective commcodes and addresses?"

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:17:20/09-16-15)
Gerald said "I am smart enough not to hold the hot potato myself, with all the attention these weapons recieve in the news I do not want an HTR storming this place. I'll provide you comm codes of Captian Rob, and Debbie." (You already have the addresses also.)

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (12:54:30/09-16-15)
It all feels so real...

Strawberry, the spirit, had warned me that despite what I might think I was experiencing, whatever interaction I had with Nagisa would more reflect my own desires than hers.  This is my imagery that would be impressed on Nagisa's mind.  The connection I feel with Nagisa is one-sided flowing from me to her.

Yet in this moment, with my beloved Nagisa safe in my arms, it is very hard to keep that in mind.

"Oh Nagisa," I coo reassuringly into her hair as she presses herself into my naked bosum.  After so much worry and lost sleep, the smell of her is intoxicating.  One of my hands holds her head and and other strokes through her tresses along her bare back.  My tail stretches around us and just barely tickles her flank in the way she likes so much.  The Nagisa is my arms trembles - how much is that my own fears reflected onto her and how much in response to my tail's playful teasing I cannot say.  For this infinite moment I just want to hold her tight.  To keep the world at bay.  To protect my dearest and most precious friend.

But this isn't her, Yulia.  The real her is still in danger, wondering if I'm still alive.  Wondering if I got her message.  Terrified that I might respond to it.  Terrified that I might not.

"Nagisa," I say more firmly and coax her face away from my breasts and up to meet my own eyes.  I so love those eyes of hers.  "I don't know what part of this dream you will get so I'll say this a lot.  I'm alive.  I got your message...your text."  My best friend's face is blank, uncertain.  She nods, although I know that is no assurance the real Nagisa is getting the message right now.  "I figured out you weren't in control of what you sent so I won't make it easy for the people holding you.  I'm not responding the way they expect.  but I want you to know I am thinking about you every moment.  I'm working to find out what went wrong at the warehouse and how to take down the bastards who wanted to kill us...and who are holding you.  I'll come for you, Nagisa.  I swear it.  Don't lose hope.  Play along with them - make up whatever stories you need to keep them happy. Do whatever you have to do to stay safe until I can come for you.  And Nagisa, I swear I will come for you!"

I can't stop myself from embracing her tightly again, and the Nagisa in my arms responds.  We just snuggle, holding each other for reassurance.  Although we are both naked and touching each other in very intimate ways, it isn't at all sexual.  In fact, it reminds me of the times in more recent years where she'd just hold me in the morning when I'd had a particularly bad night.  Those times were after we were allowed by the Family to become a pair and she'd fully come to realize that my job did not involve just laying on my back all night.  It had been when we'd become more than friends, although just what that was (or still is) eludes us.

Time is hard to measure here, but I know it's been a while since I last spoke my assurances to Nagisa.  I say my words again with the same uncertain response.

We could do this all night, or maybe we can try something else.  Strawberry, the spirit again, said I could switch things up if I wanted.  I hadn't known what I might want to do when she explained it all.  I've never been anywhere but Redmond since I was six years old.  But in the deepest recesses of my memory, I can remember a day in the summer sun with my parents along Lake Michigan.  It was near the end, after the twins were born.  We'd long since escaped the CZ and were living further north, near Wisconsin.  It had been the one pefect day of my life.  The one day I can remember when my parents took me outside and we played like a family.  Days later I was shipped to Seattle.  Doubtless the two events were related, but I still cling to the memory.

I clear my mind, close my eyes, and imagine that day.  The warm summer sun overhead caressing my shoulder.  The sand under my legs scratching my skin as I sit building a castle.  The cool feel of Lake Michigan lapping against my tail behind me as I dip the tip in and out of the water absently. 

But unlike then, now there's only Nagisa and me.  I open my eyes and see her looking around herself in wonder.

"This is Chicago," I explain to her.  "This is where I lived before I came to Seattle...before I met you.  And this is what a summer on the water feels like."

We'd often talked, Nagisa and I, about tropical beaches.  She'd never been anywhere but Redmond in her life, at least off the 'trix.  She read the same books I did and we often fantacized about living on some Caribbean island.  I have no idea if we'll ever make it happen in reality, but at least we could enjoy it for this dream.  And if anything might convince Nagisa that this was real, perhaps this would.

"Wanna go for a swim?"
 
                             ~ o ~

I have no idea how long we spent frolicking in the lapping water, running along the beach, and just laying in each others' arms in the sand.  I wanted it to last forever.  Still, the soft but steady chanting always in the background reminded me that this was really just a dream.  Reality would come soon enough again, and in that reality someone was holding Nagisa against her will and those same people wanted me dead.  Every ten minutes or so, as best I could tell, I would again go through my litany.  The Nagisa before me would just nod.  A couple of times it seemed there was real comprehension there, as if she was processing what I was telling her and not just sitting there blank faced.  Maybe it was my imagination.  Maybe it was real.  I sure hoped it was the latter.

Still, this time had to end and I can sense myself being pulled away.  My dream imagery adapts to that pull and we're standing at sunset.  Never mind the sun doesn't set over the water on the west edge of Lake Michigan, right now the orange sun is setting over the water.  Nagisa and I stand facing each other.  Perhaps it's only because I want it so, but there's a gleam in Nagisa's eye.  A spark, an animation that makes her feel real.  She smiles, saying nothing.  Words aren't necessary.  The scene fades to black and we hold each other tightly, neither wanting to let the other go.

"I will save you, Nagisa!"

The words echo in my mind as I come to myself again in the insistent world of explosives, assassins, kidnappers...and of friends, lovers, and mentors.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:42:39/09-16-15)
"So be it. Thanks so far. Give me a call if you know what these Zs are and how this mind mojo can be avoided."
Kynos had no interest in an extended string of quests until they could find DemoX.
"Let's try Debbie first. I already had enough contact with KE for one day", he said to Athos.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:31:24/09-16-15)
@Minnie as the sun sets the world around you become black, to the point where you are no longer there. You are back in the room, lying down eyes closed. You feel something, soft and warm. You feel protected. When you open your eyes you notice that your head is in Strawberry's lap and she is seating on the floor and gently stroking your hair. M is nowhere to be found.
She say  “You did good Yulia, Nagisa is being rescued as we speak. You have nothing to worry about and nothing you can do to further interfere with that. Your dream has made her more relaxed and more cooperative. The runners that are rescuing her they will bring her here. How do you feel?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:26:09/09-16-15)
@Athos Kynos as you call Debbie she say "We run a very expensive hotel... usually people do not come willingly to our interrogation rooms, 5k a day. Tell Gerald, to continue paying unless I send his package back to his joint. Come to the gates and you can talk  if his rent was paid."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:49:02/09-16-15)
Athos frowns.  "This one is all yours, Kynos.  I am very well known there and so cannot be seen in the vicinity.  Be careful; the casino is pretty heavy in Finnigan muscle.  You are not Family so might even be able to get some information on how their investigations are going."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (01:15:25/09-17-15)
"I expected you would say that. Ok, I'll do my best. We stay in contact."
Kynos made his way to the casino, following the same basic plan as with the Nukes:

"Hi, I have a meeting with Debbie."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:29:07/09-17-15)
Athos returns to the NH to await developments.  He steps into the dimly lit bar and makes his way to one of the booths built with Trolls in mind and takes a seat.  The place is mostly empty at this time of the night, a few hard cores or others just looking to drown something with the beer or wines available.  Athos is just here to think about what has happened,  It has been a short but very fast ride from made man in the Family to outcast.  Someone tried to set up the death of the Yak and Dona Valentina.  The obvious finger is Valentina.  She knew of the arrangements and could have had a Family interest in killing the yak boss and sent Athos in her place.  But that is the obvious answer.  Perhaps too obvious.  it is certainly for smarter people that he is to figure it out, which brings him to Minnie.  He hopes very much that his exotic friend is alright and that this mojo thing she is doing with Strawberry goes well.

Ruminating on the events of the past couple of days, Athos orders a beer from the cute waitress, tipping her well.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:14:18/09-17-15)
Kynos Debbie is the resident chief of security and the guard you say it to just burst in laughter as you do... "Shouldn't you cheat before meeting her?" He says and when he adds "Oh alright you are serious,  I will let her know you are waiting." He checks you for weapons and ask you to leave your firearms at an armory room right near the entrance it seem to be fortified and secure.


 When Debbie arrives she is an old woman, perhaps 50 or so, dressed in a nice suit too.
"So you must be Kynos?... come your guest is waiting. It is not like he has something else to do" she smiles and takes you to the basement, where there are many empty interrogation rooms.  Somehow they seem darker than these of the KE and you can only imagine whats normally going on in there.
"The most expensive hotel in the city, magically warded and no matrix access of any kind. Barely any food and drinks but enjoy your visit" She say as she unlocks the door to Room 2, and let you go in. She seem to be a bit bitter about her unusual guest, perhaps her proffessional pride is hurt by the fact that DemoX willingly placed himself in one of her rooms.   "Just knock when you want to get out" She say and closes the door behind you. In the room you find DemoX in the coroner, he was beaten up real good and can barely turn his head toward you as you enter.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:53:01/09-17-15)
@Athos the cute waitress brings you a large glass of Beer as well with some complimentary pretzels. Shortly after when you are deep with your thoughts, an orc lady joins you. She is dressed in black synthetic leather and her hair is dark blue.  Her face are decorated with multiple piercings and  on her neck you find five identical cherry tattoos on the right side. She say..."I am Deep Blue, but you can call me Lora as I am off the clock.... Is it alright to join you?"
 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:06:41/09-17-15)
Athos rises and motions to the booth.  "Please do, Lora.  I am having a beer; may I get you something?"  He had been wondering when Deep Blue would show up, although he had not expected an attractive Orc.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:58:47/09-17-15)
@Athos Lora takes a seat and orders a beer "A gentleman, that's rare. Whats bring you to my roster? " 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:23:51/09-17-15)
Kynos gave a perfunctuory nod to Debbie. "Thank you kindly for your cooperation."
Once he was alone with DemoX he gave the dwarf a long hard stare.
"You know, for someone who's gone to ground to avoid trouble you look a lot like someone who not only found trouble but made a lot of it too."
He held up a hand to stop the dwarf from speaking.
"Look, no, I'm not mad at you for your deception. I was hired to do a job and I was paid. No problems on that front. I know you had a side income on that job - and I don't mind that either, although a little warning would have been nice.

But now I'm here because I've been hired to clear up why there were already bombs in the walls of the warehouse that you supposedly rigged to destroy some rockets. I'm not in the habit of ratting out chummers - that's bad for business. But I have been known to kill tiresome people because they are in my way, annoy me or I have some ammunition rolling around that's about to go bad.
Luckily the last bit is not true at the moment.

So for the sake of us having worked successfully together, me being interested in keeping you as a useful contact, you seeming in need of a friend who can give you some protection - which I am inclined to extend to you if you help me - and this being just a small step away from being a hole in the ground anyway, please answer me truthfully: What happened really yesterday and on whose order did you operate beside our projecting mage lady?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:57:19/09-17-15)
DemoX tells you "Look man, I did steal these rockets and sold them to some gang for extra profit.  It was a good opportunity, we blew the rockets shortly after the transaction was completed so IT got what she wanted and I got to kill some scums that I wanted dead anyhow, everybody wins.

I did wire the warehouse to explode, it was a piece of cake and took like 20 seconds. I just placed live plastic explosives in the middle of the space and it was more than enough to reduce that old warehouse to wood-chips. I did so to protect my ruse - but my entire attention was to pilot the van so that I make the sell. I actually saved the life of your two magical partners because they nearly blew up  a van full of rockets when they are in the blast radius. I was smart enough to be under cover you see. When I told them to stop it I thought a gunshot maybe two, they did not have any weapon that could damage that van, but their fancy magic stuff... that was a surprise and I barely got away.

But somebody set me up, my contacts at the Mafia and Yakuza are going bananas, they say that everybody thinks that I tried to assassinate their leaders... and do not get me wrong, for the right pay I would have but I would have been way more careful and plan such a high profile job for weeks rather than a hasty 10 minutes.  You cannot believe the kind of people that are after me now.

I hope that you did not come here to finish me, because I told Gerald that I only trust you, these mages seemed too reckless to trust anyhow. My money is blowing away in this place and they roughed me up real bad just for old times sake. I need my name cleared somehow, but I have no idea where to begin... I am actually thankful that Debbie chose to help me. I thought she hated my guts.

I think your Venom guy might be behind this hit, from what I studied about him nobody is sure who he really is. There are some people that say that he is related to some big Japan Yak's like very powerful, but others say that he is not from Japan but from Korea and that he was some hot shot in the Yakuza there. The thing is, even the Yaks are not sure who this guy is and why did he come here. If we can trail this hit to Venom I think I can even score 100k for his life."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:15:38/09-17-15)
"DemoX, Buddy, see that wasn't to hard. You know you could have come to me with that directly? This is exactly the right amount of crazy to keep my attention and the right amount of money to make it worthwhile. Nevermind. You can stay here - in that case please make sure to have Debby forward my messages, or you can come with me and meet my new employer. I'm sure he won't hold a grudge against you since you really seem not responsible for the hidden bombs. Together we can surely clear this up and get Venom's head in the process."
Kynos genuinely smiled at those words - a really rare thing to occure.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:25:39/09-17-15)
"I did not know you guys... IT is a bit of a square,  she'd never agree to that plan. She did not grew up in the streets, she is cooperate born. She has no idea what it is like to have to work for money, to survive especially now where these zombie's are running lose. " He sighs.

"That boss of yours? how much do you trust him to stash me away? because the Mafia and the Yakuaza are really hot for me. This place is in Mafia's protection but in a way this is the last place they are going to look for me. They are practically in the lobby"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:40:51/09-17-15)
"Well, my boss is mafia and he is hiding from the mafia himself. In that regard he has exactly the same problem as you, so you can expect him to be accommodating in that regard. Come on. If you ever want to get out of this place without fear for your life, you'll have to work for it.
I can rent you my bolt hole. It's got roughly the same amenities but costs only a fifth of what you pay."
Kynos indicated towards the door. "Come on, I can take you with me on my bike."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:45:19/09-17-15)
DemoX say... "There is just one way I can get out of here, unconscious and tossed to the dumpster. Any other way will get me killed." Just tell Debbie that I want out and then wait about an hour behind the Gates.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:54:30/09-17-15)
Kynos shrugged. "Ok. Have it your way. See you."

He knocked on the door and did exactly as DemoX said.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:17:16/09-17-15)
@Kynos an hour later a couple of big orcs in suits toss a body beg into the dumpster. If you look inside there is DemoX beaten even harder.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (21:18:03/09-17-15)
How do I feel?

The question runs through my mind, filling the space that was left empty when I no longer had Nagisa's presence with me.  The sense of being so close to my best friend and lover,  of being nearly a part of her, had been incredibly sensual.  Arousing in ways simple bodily contact, no matter how pleasurable, and long since ceased to ellicit.  Until today, I'd given up on ever feeling aroused without investing incredible effort on my own part.  Now I'd felt such feelings several times since the last time I got decent sleep. 

"Content," I say in answer as my body stretches luxuriously under the elf woman's tender ministrations.  Her nimble fingers tease my quivering ears as they comb through my gray tresses.  Although my arms and hands are caught up in the extension of my muscles, my mischievous tail does a little dance along the small of Strawberry's back in the hopes of making clear that she wasn't the only one who could play the teasing game.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:41:09/09-17-15)
Athos nods, "Just doing what my Uncle Vinnie taught me.  "It is all about respect, Athos lad.  All about respect."  I try to keep the things he taught me in my mind.  As to why I am here, that is a long and convoluted story, and as you are off the clock, I would hate to bore you with the details.  Suffice it to say that I have been expecting you.  I was told that you need some help and that I am to do everything I can to assist you.  What do you need, or is that best left to a more private location?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:03:12/09-18-15)
@Athos Lora say "I am really here in a friendly manner, tomorrow night... lets just say it will be an interesting night if we can really do what I plan."  She takes a sip of the beer "I live right in this building, top floor great view of the city.  I was told that you stay here too and I was actually on my way out to go dancing when I met you. You can join me if you like, you seem to be in need of some creative distraction... no work chat tough, we'll keep that for tomorrow night."

@Minnie Your tail makes Strawberry's body respond and you can feel that her stroking becomes more sensual and more pleasurable, as your sensitive ears are getting just a little bit of extra attention. Yet you can also sense that she is restraining herself and is making an effort not to cross a certain line. After a short while she say "I do not want to intrude in your love life but I find it very difficult to remain a gentlewoman". She smile at you and her smiles holds a promise of new sensations, but it seems important to her to give you an easy way out if you want to.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:11:30/09-18-15)
Athos raises an eyebrow.  "Top floor?  I am certainly in the wrong business.  As for dancing, I am game if you want to risk me squashing your toes.  But I have been known to be able to do a few steps."  He rises and offers an arm to Lora, admiring her form as she slides out of the booth and stands.  "I am afraid that my car is in the shop.  Shall I summon a cab?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:25:39/09-18-15)
@Athos Lora say "I got a Harley if you can handle the speed." She smiles and take you to her big and red armored and chromed bike.  As you join her you quicly discover that she is quite a speed devil, and after few very narrow turns that were too fast for comfort you reach a small club downtown called the Matchstick. It has impressive AR decore that is artfully designed to make the place look retro. Extremely retro like 1930 retro. Apparently Lora Eagle is one of the regulars and they quickly invite you inside.

Once she is out of her leather jacket you discover that she is wearing a simple looking dark green dress that show just a hint of cleavage. If you did not already know better you'd consider her a good girl. Oddly enough, you are dressed according to the dress code with your business suit.   She teaches you some very old dances like Jitterbug and Lindy hop, and by the etiquette and dynamics of that place you feel as if you are living the swing era. The only thing that brakes the illusion is the universal connector port on the back of Lora's neck, perhaps a control rig or a DNI. Most of your night out is spent on learning the dances, but once you pick them up you find them quite enjoyable.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:24:35/09-18-15)
As Kynos fished DemoX out of the dumpster he called Athos:
<<I got the dwarf. He's roughly in the same situation as you and would be very interested to assist you in your quest to solve this situation. You in for a meeting? Love Kynos>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:20:13/09-18-15)
Athos does enjoy the ride to the club, even if it seems on occasion that she is trying to kill him on the corners.  Still, her skill is impressive and he enjoys the way she feels with his arms wrapped around her.  The club is a surprise.  "Never even heard of this place.  I like the AR décor, like out of a past age."  He settles in with her and admires the dress she is wearing and mentions her shoes.  Vinnie had once told him that a girl like a man to notice her shoes and he had found that to be mainly true.

Athos also enjoys the dancing, even if he is mostly left feet.  He tries very hard to not step on Lora's toes, laughing with her at his mistakes.  All in all, he has a good time.  When Kynos' message comes in he excuses himself and steps outside to send a reply.  >>I am tied up with a friendly Yak contact who could be helpful in giving me some information.  I am sure that there is a price tag for it.  Can you keep the guy on ice until the morning?<<

He returns to the club and tries to make Lora's evening nice.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:03:58/09-18-15)
 "Never even heard of this place.  I like the AR décor, like out of a past age."

Lora answers "I like this place, down town outside of any syndicate pocket and you need quite a bit to become a member so people behaves themselves. " When you mention her shoes she smiles "They are indeed nice, custom made to my body." She whispers. "Your suit seems not bad at all... It seems like you got life figured out. Probably some adrenaline junkie aren't you? "

The night progress nicely and you two seem to enjoy the atmosphere, one of the benefit in going out with an orc lady is that Athos does not feel so big next to her. Lora is already taller than most of the clientele by almost an head. Athos is taller, but around Lora he blends in. If she wasn't around he'd feel like Gulliver in Lilliput.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:41:00/09-18-15)
Kynos hand automatically crept to his gun when he read "keep on ice" but recognized early enough that this phrase was meant subtly differently than "put on ice".
"Let's get you cleaned up DemoX. I've got some beer in my hideout and a good medkit." He helped the dwarf on the socius and sped away.
<<Roger. I'll go dark till morning. Give me a call around 8 for a meet up. Love Kynos>> he texted back to Athos.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:45:50/09-18-15)
"Your not that bad for an Elf Kynos" Said DemoX Once treated he quickly fell a sleep on the coach exhausted.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (20:44:35/09-18-15)
Intrude on my love life?  Gentlewoman?

Damn.

It occurs to me that Strawberry doesn't know me.  If she did, she'd realize how ridiculous such concepts were regarding me.

And how unworthy I was to be in her arms. 

I turn my body so that I am facing up from the elf woman's lap.  My eyes meet hers and I steel my courage.

"Strawberry, I'm a whore and have been since I was eight years old.  I'm not sure what a love life is and I certainly don't deserve a "gentlewoman"."

I sit up so that I'm not in her lap anymore and my tail droops away from her body.  My dignity is already in tatters and I prepare myself for her rejection.  "I haven't exactly hid my p...past, but I know I sh...should have been more c...clear.  You...deserve...better and I...I'm sorry to have dis...disappointed you."

I try to hold back the tears streaking my cheeks but they keep falling.  I do my best to face away from Strawberry so that she can't see.  It's bad enough that I'm speaking through sobs.  If I knew the way out of this place I'd have fled already.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:27:09/09-18-15)
Athos is enjoying himself more than he had thought he would.  "You make this easy, Lora.  And, no, not really an adrenaline junkie.  I have worked in this business long enough to have got somewhere and I admit to liking nice things.  I can be more violent than the competition, but would prefer other ways to do business if it is possible.  Death is always so final and while some people really deserve it, it does make it hard to talk to them later."

During on of the rest periods between turns on the dance floor, he points around the room, "So this is your off-time fun?  I like it.  Thanks for sharing it with me."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:58:18/09-19-15)
@Minnie
Quote
"Strawberry, I'm a whore and have been since I was eight years old.  I'm not sure what a love life is and I certainly don't deserve a "gentlewoman"."

"I haven't exactly hid my p...past, but I know I sh...should have been more c...clear.  You...deserve...better and I...I'm sorry to have dis...disappointed you."
Strawberry is silent looking at you with empathy when you break away she hugs you meshing your body completely into hers and as she embraces you her hands stroke your back comforting you. “Let it all out” she whispers “it is okay you are safe” and as she embraces you you find that the tears flow more easily, there is something about her that just makes you just want to let go.

After a while  she say “There is nothing to be ashamed of... It is the Finnegans who abuse little girls for profit” she gently strokes your cheek with a single finger that then moves to your lips.  “You deserve better than that!”  She forms eye contact and just look into your eyes. “No more tears tonight”, she whispers and lean in to kiss you.

@Athos Lora say "Got to enjoy what little we get...  Never planned to stay alive so long, I always seem to be one accurate bullet away from kicking the bucket. This makes me feel alive."
 She say and suggestively touches Athos hand.  "Besides... if it wasn't for you I'd be the tallest one in here. Kind of sad that trogs don't make it more often to places like that and it is a bit awkward to dance with humans. She smiles.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (05:09:24/09-19-15)
Athos smiles and nods.  "I know what you mean.  Although I had thought I was moving up it has been taken from me, at least until I can find out what happened and see if it is enough to save me.  Otherwise my own people will be the death of me.  So I completely get the whole live while you can idea."  He looks down at her when she touches his hand, but it feels nice and he does not move away from the touch.  He shakes his head, " And you are right, there are lots of things I cannot do with humans." 

"So care to tell where you learned to ride the bike like that?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:58:23/09-19-15)
Quote
"I know what you mean.  Although I had thought I was moving up it has been taken from me, at least until I can find out what happened and see if it is enough to save me.  Otherwise my own people will be the death of me.  So I completely get the whole live while you can idea."
Lora tells you "Employers are like that sometimes, this is why it is important to have your secrets. Get some safe-houses for a rainy day.  Secure some side gigs that are directly yours. Never be in the pocket of your employer and make them fear you a little bit."

Quote
"And you are right, there are lots of things I cannot do with humans." 
She eye you flirtatiously and say "I have a feeling that, I am going to find out..."
Quote
"So care to tell where you learned to ride the bike like that?"
Texas... I was a Lone Star rigger before I figured out I am on the wrong side of the law. Stuck with a dead end job around the clock and no hope to really live. The wage was just barely enough for surviving but really living was out of the question. Care to skip this place? I can show you the city view from my suite... "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:27:37/09-19-15)
Athos laughs, "Yes, well.  My particular Family might be just a bit disappointed if I was out too independent.  And up until now I was doing alright.  Now I.......  "  His voice trails off then he adds.  "Sorry.  I was about to bring work into the conversation and I would rather enjoy talking about other things for one night.  Like how that dress really suits you.  And, yes, I would like very much to see the city from your place.  I am sure that the view up there will be amazing.  I know that I am already impressed by it down here."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:39:47/09-19-15)
Lora smiles "Your family likes playing it's soldiers like a big chess game. They like to have complete control. It is good for them but bad for you.

The Yaks are far more chaotic they are three independent syndicates that only unite when there is some common enemy to fight...  I am no Yak, I am a nobody really... Do not get attached because I really do not plan to last for very long. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:55:51/09-19-15)
"Well, you certainly seem like much more than a nobody.  Maybe you just need a reason to stick around."  If Trolls could really blush, Athos would.  To cover his embarrassment he holds her moves behind her, pulls out her chair, and holds her wrap for her.  "You mentioned a view?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:05:52/09-19-15)
"Stick around is not an option not with all the fucked up stuff that is going on... I should cross the border while I still can. I still have a few days of errands, always pushing fate. Perhaps you will travel too once you understand that being nobody is way better than being a Mafia soldier."  She wares her leather coat and say... "You'll have to endure my driving once more."  Very quickly she hops on that bike and make the engine roar. Now the thing is about electric engines they do not roar they are completely silent "It is fake, but as closest to the real deal as possible."  
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:15:10/09-19-15)
Athos remains silent for the ride back to the NH.  He is disturbed by the words of the Ork woman, but realizes that she will explain as much as she wants to.  For now, he enjoys the speed of the ride and the feel of her in his arms.  He does try to not squeeze too much during the tight turns.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:26:33/09-19-15)
@Athos after quite a rough ride Lora takes you to her floor, but not to her room "Come to the roof through here" she say, and hop on the service stairs to the roof where there is a small helipad, with a small helicopter. It is a wasp model identical to the kind used by the KE. Armed, and well taken care off.

The New-Hilton is a tall building and the view is quite incredible. "How is she?" she asks.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:42:26/09-19-15)
Athos is amazed.  He walks around the small rotorcraft.  "Nice.  OK, so now you have to tell me how you stole one of these from the KE.  Or are you an undercover officer and I have just walked into a trap?  I know only what you see on the vids about these things, but they seem pretty versatile."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:49:17/09-19-15)
I do not like to talk work... "She is so beautiful even in that abomination of a dress I gave her. You will get to know her tomorrow... but it won't be as fun... tonight we can just enjoy the flight. I did not steal it...  It was just never delivered to the KE. You see it had some serious safety issues and was about to be scraped for spare parts. Formally it was scrapped to spare parts if you check the books... but my contact brought it for me instead and I spent the last month fixing her."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (12:04:12/09-19-15)
Athos looks at the woman.  She is more interesting by the minute.  "You disguised this to look KE?  I will bet that is an interesting story for tomorrow.  And you can fly it?  I am not surprised, I suppose.  After the way you handled that bike, I would guess you have a touch of the rigger about you."  He laughs and holds up his hands in mock surrender.  "Not that I have anything against riggers.  Some of my best friends are riggers."  Putting his arms down, he adds, "And you certainly count as the prettiest one I have ever met.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:34:26/09-19-15)
Lora is obviously very proud of her craft.  "100% rigger born to drive. Got my first rig at 16, been upgrading ever sense. I can drive anything... I find it very sensual."  ... She smiles and say "Well you are pretty handsome yourself Mr." She pushes you gently as if to provoke you.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:53:11/09-19-15)
Athos finds it difficult to restrain himself and decides to stop trying.  He steps forward and puts his arms around the Ork woman in front of him.  If she does not resist, he kisses her; tentatively at first, then with greater force.  "So do you want to fly in the rotorcopter or................"  "He leaves the words unsaid but is sure that she gets the point.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:31:57/09-19-15)
“Shut-up and kiss me already...”  She say and passionately kissing you, she seem to enjoy your force and physic, Shortly after you are both half dressed she leads you to her hotel suite, it is quite impressive with windows that cover the entire walls master bedroom and a ceiling... wonderful ceiling. That much Athos can see in the flurry of kisses and strokes and passion that follows. Lora pushes him on the bed and quickly jump him. She appears to be very aggressive like a vulture, a human would have filed offense charges for the force she is using, but for a troll it feels liberating as if you finally can just enjoy yourself and do not have to be so gentle and careful.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:50:43/09-19-15)
"Get to sleep DemoX." Kynos voice conveyed a certain elation - most uncharacteristic for him.
He set his alarm and found himself a blanket and went to sleep.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:39:18/09-20-15)
Athos notices bits and pieces of the suite as Lora leads him to the bedroom.  The floor to ceiling windows giving viewing access to the sprawl below were hard to miss, as is the sunken living room with the round gas fireplace in the center and sectional couches scattered about in small conversation groups.  He sees what looks like a full wet bar against one wall and has a snapshot glance of a large kitchen.  There are several doors leading to what might be guest bedrooms.  He has little chance to appreciate any of the specific décor, but what he does see impresses him.  The overall picture he gets is of someone who is a success and likes the finer things of life.

Both Lora and Athos leave a trail of clothes across the floor to the bedroom.  He does not even really notice the windows or the view outside; his attention is on the view inside the room.  And there is much to appreciate.  His internal Troll comes out as he realizes that Lora is not soft and squishy, but is a real woman.  He is no slouch in the rough sex department as, after all, the hookers he has made use of in the past have been Orks or Trolls.  He appreciates that she is confident enough to want to take charge and lets her have her way for a while, but then he begins to share the control.  He knows how to please a woman and takes great pleasure in making sure that Lora's needs are satisfied before allowing her to straddle him and take him over the edge.  As they lay covered in sweat and panting from the exertion, he looks her body over with great admiration, his eyes lingering on every part of her.  He idly takes a finger and runs it from her mouth to her neck and on to her breasts and below, exploring her body visually and tactilely.  With his hand probing into her between her legs, he lowers his mouth to her breasts and feels her back arch in reaction and anticipation.  Athos doe not disappoint, teasing her to near climax several times before letting up until she is begging for release.  He finally takes her over the edge and her screams of pleasure are all he needs to know that he has succeeded in reaching her.  Afterwards, Athos remains stretched out next to her on the bed and holds her in his arms.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:16:17/09-20-15)
Lora enjoys herself and is very loud about her enjoyment. Athos can notice that her body clearly has been through a lot as it is covered with multiple scars and fire burns. When she climax her entire body shivers in release and she holds Athos tightly. For a short while she seems vulnerable and just look into his eyes. For a moment they are nothing but lovers.  That  moment is short lived as once she catches her breath she becomes even more energetic and eager to please. She hops and jumps and scratch Athos armored body with all her strength. It is difficult to keep truck on all the positions they try and when Atho's cums they both are heavily panting and exhausted.

Later when Athos gently excite her with his finger she is different. Her attention is entirely his and his control is apparent. Athos is like a conductor that delicately tunes an entire orchestra of sensations. When the moment comes Lora's grip of him tightens and she seem to experience it in a longer and more delicate manner. She is quieter, heavily panting and is just staring into his eyes into his soul as she cums and Athos can feel as if he has her complete trust.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:13:44/09-20-15)
Athos enjoys the sensation of looking into Lora's eyes, but the exertions have used up most of his already depleted reserves.  She rolls over to spoon with him and his arm curves around her body as they drift off to sleep.  He wakes at six to the sound of an alarm going off to find the woman still curled up next to him, but stirring.  Lora reaches over to slap the clock and sits up to stretch.  He clearly admires the view this gives him and says so.  "By anything that is holy, you are amazing.  I could live in those eyes of yours.  And the rest of the body is not shabby, either.  I wish that I did not need to get up, but I have an appointment with an associate at eight this morning.  Can we meet later to discuss what I can do to help you?" 

Lora replies that she could be free at lunch and they make a tentative appointment.  Athos finds that he cannot keep his eyes off the woman as she gets out of bed and moves to the bathroom.  When the shower starts, he rouses from the bed and follows her.  The shower is long and the two add to the steam in the room as they slake an early morning thirst for each other.  Dressing after the shower is a struggle in itself as they look for clothes that have been scattered from the suite door to the bed.  After dressing, he has to refuse breakfast if he wants to be on time to meet Kynos and the bomber.  "I could easily find excuses to remain here with you all day long, or until you kicked me out, but I have to get a move on.  I will let you know if lunch is a go, but will be back to hear your request.  My word."

Athos gets Lora's comm code and as he leaves the suite, he fires off a last salvo.  "Someday we will have to share the stories of our scars.  By the way, I love your eyes and could get drunk just staring into them."

He stops off at his own apartment in the same building to change clothes before heading to the lobby and leaves the building.  Summoning a cab, he makes his way to the meeting location given by Kynos, sending him a short message.  >>Kynos.  Athos.  On the way to the meeting.  Should I stop on the way for caf or food?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:25:00/09-20-15)
The answer was short and precise:
<<Yes, both, don't forget the dwarf. Love Kynos>>

It had taken a bit to rouse the dwarf. For all the beatings and the fact that he shared a room with a mass murderer, the dwarf had a very sound sleep.

Kynos waited at a bench in what used to be a small park. Now it was little more than a dumpster. He had taken the effort to clean a few seats and had made sure that there weren't any junkies nearby lying in the bushes to overhear accidentally their conversation.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:51:55/09-20-15)
Athos has the cab stop at one of the ubiquitous Stuffer Shacks on the way to the meeting and picks up three large to-go cups of hot soycaf and some breakfast burritos.  He has no idea what is in the burritos, but is pretty sure it is not the meat advertised and the eggs are certainly not real.  At this point, beggars cannot be choosers, but he reminded of Lora's kitchen.  It had seemed to have all of the modern conveniences and there was real food in the refrigerator and on the counter.  And real coffee in the large pot.  Athos thinks of almost nothing else on the ride other than on the wild woman and hopes that he will get another chance to tangle in the sheets with her.

Athos arrives at the destination and pays off the cab before getting out and walking the short block to where Kynos is sitting on one of the benches with some dirty-looking halfer.  he hands out the cups and burrito rolls before asking, "This the guy?  Is he ready to talk?  Looks like you already tried to get something out of him."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:31:19/09-20-15)
"Athos meet DemoX, DemoX meet the guy you'll be very polite to, because he might become your employer.
And no, that was a preexisting condition. Thanks for the foodstuff."
Kynos ignored the two for a minute to scarf down the free food.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (07:42:44/09-20-15)
DemoX say "Thanks for the food but as we already appear to be in a beginning of a racist joke... I hope you guys are serious." He seems remarkably resilient, and the beatings of yesterday are not much more than a memory now. Sure he is roughed up but he seems alive.
To Athos "Nah... it was old friends that did me a favor for old times sake. I stole a lot of money from the Gates so I know many people in there"


 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:14:01/09-20-15)
Athos laughs, "You mean the one where the halfer, the keeb, and the trog all walk into this bar and........?  Yeah, I have heard a million jokes start off like that.  But, no, this is not one of those jokes and I am deadly serious.  Someone tried to kill my boss in that warehouse, and I want to know who.  Despite the fact that I was standing in for her, she was the target.  And now she is hiding for her life, and so am I.  There is word on the street that I might have had something to do with the thing, which makes my life worth less than yours right now.  So I hope that you know something that can help me."

Athos sips at the still hot caf and idly wonders how these cups are able to keep things hot so long.  The burrito is surprisingly good, given its doubtful pedigree, and he takes a bite to give the halfer a chance to consider what he had said, then continues.  "From what I have heard, you were sent to the warehouse with Kynos to blow the building up.  But you could not have had time to set up the rather elaborate system of security doors and explosives hidden behind freshly painted drywall that were waiting for me when I made my tour of the building.  So, my main question to you is whether or not you were hired by the firm that did the renovations to the buildings.  Or if you know or can find out who was?"

Another sip and another bite.  "This trog was not born yesterday.  I was smart enough to stash reserves in various places and have access to quite a bit of money.  I have already spent some, but enough remains that I am willing to pay you very good money for your help.  Right now, there are rumors or a great gang war about to explode and it will be fought all over the sprawl, not just in the Barrens.  The fallout from a Yak and Mafia war will leave many people dead, even the innocent.  This thing could be dissidents within either group looking for advancement, or even the Triads trying to set this up to be able to move in on the wreckage.  At this point I really want to know who and why, and gather enough evidence to take to the Family to get my boss back in business.  If I cannot do that, then all of her direct underlings, to include yours truly, will be finished."

"If I can get you to the site of the explosion, can you look at the wreckage and see if you can identify the bomber by the bits and pieces of the bomb?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:01:35/09-20-15)
@Minnie Strawberry caught you like wildfire, no preparations were needed as your foreplay started yesterday already. One thing led to another and your night was amazing, you and Strawberry are heavily panting when the door opens and Nagisa enter the room clearly embarrassed. She seem shaken, lost and confused. "Yulia? what is going on in here? Artie came and there were gunshots and I thought I will not make it. This entire night I was constantly thinking about you, this is what kept me going. What is that? who is this woman? Where is this Strawberry that rescued me? I would storm out but I have nowhere else to go. My life are ruined chasing a dream. The Mafia will kill me, just for being out of their control... I know too many secrets.  Why did you bring me here?" You can tell that she is trying hard not to cry.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (13:13:12/09-20-15)
Nagisa is always high strung, but I am a bit shocked at the level of her distress. Still, this may have been the first time she's been shot at. I only have to think back a day and remember how exhilarating it was to be in a life it death situation. And I had my fate in my own hands.

"Nagisa, this is Strawberry," I say with a smile indicating the woman in whose arms I currently lounge. "So you got my message?  I'm so glad! It's Strawberry who made that possible." I look up adoringly into the elf's eyes.  "Thank you from both of us."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:06:32/09-20-15)
Athos laughs, "You mean the one where the halfer, the keeb, and the trog all walk into this bar and........?  Yeah, I have heard a million jokes start off like that.  But, no, this is not one of those jokes and I am deadly serious.  Someone tried to kill my boss in that warehouse, and I want to know who.  Despite the fact that I was standing in for her, she was the target.  And now she is hiding for her life, and so am I.  There is word on the street that I might have had something to do with the thing, which makes my life worth less than yours right now.  So I hope that you know something that can help me."

Athos sips at the still hot caf and idly wonders how these cups are able to keep things hot so long.  The burrito is surprisingly good, given its doubtful pedigree, and he takes a bite to give the halfer a chance to consider what he had said, then continues.  "From what I have heard, you were sent to the warehouse with Kynos to blow the building up.  But you could not have had time to set up the rather elaborate system of security doors and explosives hidden behind freshly painted drywall that were waiting for me when I made my tour of the building.  So, my main question to you is whether or not you were hired by the firm that did the renovations to the buildings.  Or if you know or can find out who was?"

Another sip and another bite.  "This trog was not born yesterday.  I was smart enough to stash reserves in various places and have access to quite a bit of money.  I have already spent some, but enough remains that I am willing to pay you very good money for your help.  Right now, there are rumors or a great gang war about to explode and it will be fought all over the sprawl, not just in the Barrens.  The fallout from a Yak and Mafia war will leave many people dead, even the innocent.  This thing could be dissidents within either group looking for advancement, or even the Triads trying to set this up to be able to move in on the wreckage.  At this point I really want to know who and why, and gather enough evidence to take to the Family to get my boss back in business.  If I cannot do that, then all of her direct underlings, to include yours truly, will be finished."

"If I can get you to the site of the explosion, can you look at the wreckage and see if you can identify the bomber by the bits and pieces of the bomb?"

Look Athos "I already told Kynos anything that I know. I did rig the place up, and I did steal the rockets and sold them to some gangs... You can hear on the news that war is my doing. So I combined 3 different agendas yesterday and made some very big pile of yeltz. I blew up the rockets, sold the rockets and started a gang war. Busy night!  - the thing is I was set up I feel that my explosion was somehow set up to cover for the assassination now Mafia jerks raided my safe houses and the Yaks are looking for me. I did not try to kill your dona Valentina, not yesterday and I'll be happy to have a look at the warehouse, I'll need some decent disguise tough I'll try and contact one of the mages I know... IT will not be cooperative after she figure out just how I played her yesterday."

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (14:42:31/09-20-15)
Athos thinks, "Yes, it does sound like you were set up. especially if you were doing this at someone's request."  He considers the beat-up halfer closely then reaches into a pocket, pulling out a credstick.  "OK.  Here is a 'stick with 1K.  This is to cover expenses and act as a small retainer.  And this is a comm code for a burner I will use for you.  Go see your mage friend and get a disguise so you can get to the ruin and try to figure out who set that larger bomb up.  Please call me if you find anything.  Remember that this is just to get you started.  I have more where this came from if you can help me. Do we have a deal?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:44:32/09-20-15)
DemoX doesn't even look at the cred-stick he say:"Keep your money Athos,  perhaps later when I have something of value."

He quickly leaves and enters a neighboring house about 200 meters than Kynos' place.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:31:42/09-20-15)
@Minnie Strawberry is looking at you and suddenly she is fully dressed, but how? when? Darn mages and their illusion spells. “I am so sorry that this is your reception Nagisa. I am Strawberry and like you notice you will not work for the Mafia again. From now on you are working for me.”

Nagisa is angry, but she is not ready for Strawberry's voice, that voice moves her in an impossible combination of emotions, from erotic arousal, to anger and the pain of betrayal. Some of the emotions she feels have no words to describe them. Mainly she is confused.

Nagisa mumbles “That bitch!” and you are not sure which of you she intends - partly because both you deserve it.
“What do you mean working for you ? I came here to meet my girlfriend.”
 
“Indeed you did Nagisa, but doing so you made the Mafia your enemies, you are safe in my home and this room should accommodate you for tonight but I afraid that you can never go back to what you were. You were extracted willingly only death awaits you with the Mafia. But in time you will find me to be a sensible employer.”


Nagisa tries to respond but her cheeks are flushed. The words Strawberry are saying are making their influence on her and she is overwhelmed from the night she had. Strawberry is her boss now? This is hard to digest, that ginger lady that just slept with her girlfriend is the one she need to work with starting tomorrow? How odd is it to be completely turned on by this woman she tries to hate.  Nagisa is so confused and so lost, so overwhelmed and simply cannot respond.

Strawberry looks at Yulia and then at Nagisa and say. “I will leave you girls here to talk, I bet you have a lot to catching up to do.  Do not resent me Nagisa, your safety was among my most influential motivations.”  She gives Yulia an apologetic look and leave through one of two doors in this big pillow covered room.
 
Nagisa just stands there, aroused angry and confused. She looks at you and then at the space left by the ginger dyad. “Yulia... I am confused. I want to be angry, I feel betrayed. Strawberry is correct, when Artie mentioned you I lost my judgement I crossed the lines and helped them survive. I dreamed about you and it was the most amazing dream I ever had. It felt so real and I thought I love you, I just heard your name and hopped onbord like a teenager with no commitment and no consequences.

I should be angry about you sleeping with this elf while waiting for me. You do not deserve me, but I have nobody right now. All my fiends were taken away, anyone I ever knew.”
She sobs

“Now... I only have you, and after hearing that voice of her... I... I... understand you for sleeping with her, she made me completely wet - but I still hate her for giving me this kind of reception. For making me share the only person I have left in my life. Please... just hold me.”
She say and there is great pain in her words.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:51:29/09-20-15)
Kynos finished his burrito.
"So, now, any plans? Because if not we could try to find out more about this Venom guy. He would be the fitting suspect if this was a conspiracy with Yak involvement."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (18:31:20/09-20-15)
Athos nods.  "Yes.  Venom.  We can find him if you have a clue as to where to look.  And I have a meeting with a Yak contact for lunch.  The Yak boss required a favor for helping me replace my things and said someone named Deep Blue would contact me.  Well, that contact is lunch today.  I may be asking for help after I find out what I need to do.  Would you be interested?  Of course, this is not part of the original deal between you and me, so there would be extra pay involved."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:18:58/09-21-15)
"I'll tag along. In for a penny, in for a pound. I'd start looking for Venom by visiting that Yak Bar near the warehouse.
And I'm bored anyway otherwise, so I can as well help you out with Deep Blue - extra money won't hurt either."
Kynos added.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:41:09/09-21-15)
"Good.  But I could easily be recognized at the bar.  I think that the security company that did the renovations is a good start for me.  Care to come along?  Or we could split the effort and you do the bar while I go to the security company.  Your pick."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:50:16/09-21-15)
"I'll tag along. It's always good to have back up." Kynos made a little ball from the wrappers, put them into his empty soy-cup and chucked it into the last intact bin.
"Only hand cannons, I assume."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:03:52/09-21-15)
Athos nods and pulls out his 'link.  "Thanks.  The company is Digital Security Systems.  I am sending you the address.  Do you have transportation or do you want to share a cab with me?  And all I have right now is my revolver."

He stands and tosses his trash in the bin.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:19:36/09-21-15)
@Athos you arrive at Digital Security Solutions. Their only representation in the city is a small office downtown. The receptionist welcome you and asks "Hello there, How can I help you?"  It is clear that they do not receive many customers in that office as most of the area is dedicated to a technical lab and you can see engineers testing and assembling some of their products.  There are still couple of freshly shipped dartboards right in the entrance and the receptionist seemed a bit surprised to see an unfamiliar face.  For a security company you are a bit disappointed as the physical security of their building seems a bit on the light side. Not even a guard at the door.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:29:44/09-21-15)
Athos looks around and smiles at the receptionist.  "I am sorry to just show up, but I was nearby and thought to come see you.  Some associates of mine had some security upgrades installed by your firm and I was wondering if you might be interested in doing something for my partners and I.  Would it be possible to speak to the associate that oversaw the project?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:34:27/09-21-15)
@Athos the secretary is a bit surprised "You do not seem like the cooperate client, we have a very limited selection available on the free market otherwise you'd need a government or a cooperate court approval for our systems.  What project are we talking about? "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:38:01/09-21-15)
Athos looks surprised.  "I am sorry.  I did not realize that the job had been on that scale.  Here is the address.  It is just a warehouse that I have just purchased and I was hoping to see if I could get something similar done for another property."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:46:58/09-21-15)
@Athos The receptionist say "We have no record of serving that address, it is a wooden building and would not benefit from our systems. Remember a chain is only as strong as its weakest link... why add steel links if there is a wooden one.  Do you happen to have an order number?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:51:42/09-21-15)
"How would you know it was made of wood if you had no business with that address? Lady cut the crap. We are on business here. So far my associate here has been exceedingly nice. I won't.
Because do you know what we will do if you won't give us that info?

We will leave and we will have wasted a trip. Than we will take the service of another vendor, one we have less experience with and don't know if he does good work. This will annoy us greatly - so much in fact that I will make sure your boss learns that your insipid talk cost this very business a seven figure contract.
So talk or we will walk!"

Kynos gave the receptionist his meanest glare.

[spoiler]
Intimidate(Mental) (http://orokos.com/roll/327488): 12d6t5 3 [12d6t5=1, 2, 4, 5, 3, 6, 4, 2, 4, 4, 1, 5]
I don't know if you give modifiers, but I could rack up
Physical imposing +2
Characters outnumber subject +2
Intimidate(Mental) Modifiers (http://orokos.com/roll/327490): 4d6t5 4[4d6t5=5, 6, 6, 6]
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:07:35/09-21-15)
The receptionist say "Well I got access to all city data, including airial photographs, and building plans everything that was deposited at city hall that is. We need it to do initial screening of clients. Please don't hit me. " You can say from her face  that she is completely terrified.

[spoiler]
I think I misunderstood Athos and thoguht he told her where is his warehouse. Otherwise her answer indeed does not make sense. Imagine her as having some buffed up 60 years from now Google maps.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:48:56/09-21-15)
Completely at a loss for Nagisa's reaction to my being with Strawberry, I stand and hold her as she asks, placing my head against the taller girl's shoulder and stroking her back gently.  In the silence I think of the novels I've read and realize what Nagisa's feeling is jealousy and betrayal.  The idea that just having sex with someone could be interpreted in such a way is totally alien, but I've certainly read about it in my books.  I realize with a knot in my stomach that whatever Nagisa is feeling now would only be worse if things were to progress with Jimmy.  And the universe only knows what Jimmy will think of me when he learns of my background.

Life was simpler in the bedroom...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (19:05:26/09-21-15)
Nagisa is silent, she does not talk for a while and does not cry instead she just hold you cold and distant trapped in her own world with her own thoughts. You know her well and can tell that  she want to cry it off, she need it actually. But her eyes are locked, as she is not comfortable enough.  After a long while and more than one awkward moment she finally say “He is terrifying, isn’t he ?” You know that she is speaking of Bruno.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:29:14/09-22-15)
Athos observes the interaction between the receptionist and Kynos and keeps his calm to reassure her as he says, "Please, my friend just ate a very bad burrito for breakfast and it is making him very grumpy.  I do actually have a project number: 000157493.  Yes the warehouse is wood, but the man I bought it from wanted to add some security to the place.  No extra charge to me, so why not, right?  Is there any way that you can look that up and tell me who handled the project.  And here is the address again, just to make sure that you have it correctly." 

While waiting, Athos observes the woman.  He appreciates a pretty girl when he sees one and this one is definitely attractive and her clothing, while business-like, was clearly selected to emphasize her rather generous physical attributes.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:52:48/09-22-15)
"This order you give me, it is for a KE high security prison cell are you sure you gave me the right one?"  She say still a bit shaken. "If it was installed at your wooden warehouse it is a mistake, it requires great structural stability not to destroy the host structure. That prison cell is coated with one inch of silksteel."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (04:11:17/09-22-15)
Athos smiles, but there is a hint of coldness about it.  "No, I am quite certain.  The man I bought the warehouse from gave me this project number and said that I should look you up if I was satisfied and that perhaps I could get something similar for another warehouse.  But I confess to being as confused as you are.  Something is smelling a bit fishy, as if someone shifted this project from the KE to this warehouse.  I suppose that they would be interested in just how that happened.  My guess is significant bribes and perhaps some blackmail.  So, why don't you connect me with the local project manager and maybe we can work something out to avoid me going directly to the KE with what I know and suspect?  Do you think that you can do that for me?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:36:41/09-22-15)
She say "I got the signature of the client, Robert winter and it is not to secure a warehouse it is used to secure a prison cell. Cell 2-27-B to be precise in the local prison. I got no idea what kind of people are considered dangerous enough to get this kind of system. Nobody in their right mind would install that on a warehouse somebody may get hurt.  This product is a proactive security system, if it detects any form of resistance or attempted escape it instantly kill the prisoner."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:42:48/09-22-15)
Now Athos frowns.  "So you aren't going to put me in touch with the job supervisor here?  Now I am feeling a bit stressed.  Can you at least put me in touch with the client?  This Robert Winter.  Right now I am sure that the signature, if not the name, is a fake or a forgery."  He pats his stomach.  "To be honest, I had some of the same burritos as my friend here and I am starting to feel a bit off myself.  Please do not make me angry."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:53:23/09-22-15)
@She say "I can put you to talk to my manager if you like, please do not be angry I am sure that there is a perfectly valid explanation we can call Mr. Winter right now he is very senior in the KE, I am sure that you got the order number confused, there is no way that THAT system was installed in the warehouse you describe. Should I call |Mr. Winter right now? to clearify the situation? "

She shows you the job order that include a signature as well as a finger print and a high level SIN validation of Roger Winder.  It is for a remote KE facility across the Salish border, as a cooperation the KE can pass easily through national borders and a lot of their facilities for Seattle residence are not even in Seattle.



Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:59:01/09-22-15)
Athos nods and smiles.  "Thank you.  Could you please do that?  Perhaps it is all a misunderstanding and my seller got a wrong job code.  But I would like to clear this up."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:38:02/09-22-15)
@The receptionist calls the KE "Can I speak with Mr. Winter please? This is Mazal from Digital Security Solutions"
She holds.

"There is this guy he said that he bought a warehouse down Union Hill Road & 208th Avenue NE, and that
he has one of our products, the only product they can legally buy is our anti theft lock, but we stopped manufacturing them ages ago. He gave me an order summery, but it is used for a maximum security prison cell. Yes, the X3 model that's the one. My records said that it was installed in your facilities on 1.9.2074. He said that this system was installed in his warehouse. "



"If he is speaking the truth I do not know what ordered got installed in your prison cell, I am sending a technician to check it right now. Ralph Big, make sure he has the appropriate authorization. I am terribly sorry for the confusion."


"Yes, Union Hill Road & 208th Avenue NE... ask him to wait ? alright"


She looks at you and say "Mr. Winter said that he will be right here. If you would be kind to wait, I am sure we can clear this thing out. In the meanwhile perhaps you would like some coffee? "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:58:34/09-22-15)
Kynos watched silently, letting Athos do his charming act.
As soon as the girl told them to wait he furrowed his brows.
Discreetly he took a few steps towards the door and positioned himself so that he could flank whoever came from inside. His hand also was inside his coat, very close to the grip of his gun...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:42:59/09-22-15)
Athos smiles at the pretty girl.  "Thank you Mazal.  I will be happy to wait and coffee sounds great.  And one for my friend as well, please?"  He stands near the counter while waiting for the coffee and nods when he sees the position Kynos has taken up.  When the girl brings the coffee, he thanks her and takes a cup to his companion before returning to the counter.  He is close enough to the edge that he can leap over it if necessary.  When Mazal returns to her work, Athos reaches into his coat and takes the huge revolver from its holster and holds it ready, hidden from sight between his body and the counter.  He keeps one eye on the door and the other on the pretty girl.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:40:59/09-23-15)
@Kynos and Athos Mazal makes you some nice (and real!) coffee and tries to go back to her work constantly staring at your guns. The offices are nearly vacant so there is really not many people to call for help. Less than 20 minutes wait, the knight errands arrive with a large force of choppers, and their HTR teams begin to surround the building. Robert Winter, also known as Captain Rob to his men is a masculine human in his 50's, completely bold and is wearing full body armor without the helmet. He is accompanied by two human sized people in full body armor and you can assume that there are more. He approaches Athos and extends his hand, "I am  Commander Winter and I believe we need to talk. Please do not make it any difficult than it has to be."

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:43:13/09-23-15)
"How about you pull in your dick and we just have a normal conversation? You are wasting quite a lot of resources for something you could have solved with a comm call."
Kynos took another sipp from his coffee.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:54:18/09-23-15)
@Kynos Captain rob answer you, "You have no idea how hard we are looking for anyone related to that warehouse. You will have to accompany us to the HQ, before these syndicates are going to make the city a war zone over that bloody warehouse. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:01:03/09-23-15)
"Yeah, about that: Your best chance to avoid that war is to let us do our thing and not waste our time by taking us to your HQ. I already spent entirely to much time there yesterday with nothing to show for it. If you want our cooperation you better come with us down the street into that pub for some lunch. I promise you that will give you better results than that gun show outside."
Kynos replaced the coffee cup at the secretaries desk.
"Thanks for the coffee. It's really good."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:34:37/09-24-15)
Athos puts his gun away and looks at Commander Rob before taking his hand.  Normally, he would be honor bound to not talk to the authorities, but this is not a normal case.  "I will come peacefully, but my friend does have somewhere to be and he really has nothing to contribute to the conversation you want to have.  If you let him go, you can have me without any incident."  He spreads his hands.  "Otherwise we could have a nice rumble and I would not cooperate.  And I have been to your truth-extraction rooms before and gave nothing.  Your call, Commander."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:54:48/09-24-15)
Captain Rob say "to his own admission, you too are looking into that manner and that means you will come with us. Otherwise well let me just say that it is a poor life choice to resist and it will make your life very difficult even if you do get away, and I believe you do have some tricks down your sleeves. Please i do not want to make it a violent arrest, but we came prepared for one. I approached you myself to get you coming peacefully - but rest assured even if you somehow escape, the mayor will turn this city upside down trying to find you or anyone that knows about this hit in an election year."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:43:25/09-24-15)
[spoiler]
Avoiding Thrill Seeker reaction:
Composure (http://orokos.com/roll/328390): 9d6t5 2
[/spoiler]

"With that attitude you will get nothing. Cooperation means both sides have to give something. You seem to have a surplus of funds if you can bring out a HTR team just on a whim.
I'm in a gregarious mood since a nice young lady just served me real coffee. You want to avoid a war - fair enough. You can hire me as a private consultant to help you out with that - and don't bullshit me - I heard in the news that your budget just got raised to address that very possibility.

If you want my cooperation and a peaceful meeting, you won't arrest us. You will handle that as a meeting with confidential informants. Whatever else we are, we are professionals. Don't treat us like some SINless street scum you can shove around nilly willy.

Coming yourself is a nice first step. And don't forget - if the confidential meeting doesn't yield any results, you still have the option to call in your little friends out there."
Athos could practically see how the high stress situation transformed Kynos' mood. Where the other man had been sullen and sarcastic he seemed now almost eager and energetic. It seemed as if he only lived for those situations.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:17:54/09-24-15)
Captain Rob say "Enough talking and negotiating. The only reason that you are not arrested is that you do not exist. As far as I care you were nothing but a dream. You are coming with us one way or the other. We can release you wihtout paperwork, but can hold you indefinitely as well because like I said, you never existed. " To his guards: "Unarm and restrain them we have a chopper ride above the city."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:23:52/09-24-15)
Athos looks at his companion in quiet wonder.  The transformation is remarkable, almost as if the man only came alive in this sort of situation.  However, that could also bring a very violent reaction for the KE thug in front of them.  He holds up his hands and looks back to the officer.  "In one thing he is right.  You can talk to us or drag us in and talk to us.  Dragging us in will get you absolutely nothing and nowhere closer to what you want.  Talking to us over a nice cup of hot coffee might get you much more, depending on what you share back.  We are also looking for information and maybe you can help.  It would not be the first time the Family and the KE have found common ground."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:05:14/09-24-15)
Captain Rob say "I am not here to negotiate, we are going to that facility where my DSS is installed and I will question you there. If you are cooperative you will be compensated for your time, otherwise you'll have to enjoy the inside of that facility for a bit longer than desired. Something big is going on and you guys may be part of it, we are not backing down"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:13:51/09-24-15)
"Suit yourself. No wonder you guys don't get any results with that attitude."
Kynos offered no resistance when one of the KE cops took his gun and his taser.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:54:37/09-24-15)
Athos carefully removes his handgun and surrenders it to the KE thug without saying a word.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:24:06/09-24-15)
You are being restrained and your heads are covered with black cloth, you are searched and your possessions are placed within a sack. The KE seems to mean business and they seem a bit wary having you in their chopper. They whisper among themselves talking to you.  Apparently they were already going someplace when you made the call. It is difficult to track time, but you are certain that it took over two hours to get there. This means that you cannot still be in Seattle. Once there you are led to separate but adjacent and are questioned again and again about anything you know about that warehouse.

It is not just a friendly investigation, it involve emotional and physical pressure, drug admission and other techniques that were developed over the years to get people to talk. You are not sure why they are being so aggressive, you have been in KE interrogation few times before and while to some people they apply physical pressure the rest of the techniques are above the level that you ever anticipated. You completely lose track of time in there and they do not leave you alone.

[spoiler]
Kynos questioning (http://orokos.com/roll/328500): 13d6t5 4
Questioning Athos (http://orokos.com/roll/328501): 13d6t5 3
I did not know what to do with interrogation mechanically (and I am too delicate minded to RP the details).
You do not have to tell them anything, but if you fail a willpower + intimidation roll than you are somewhat shaken by the experience, apply the net hits of as a negative dice pool penalty for the rest of the night.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:38:16/09-24-15)
[spoiler]
Refuse, Resist! (http://orokos.com/roll/328502): 11d6t5 3
Do I get any bonus dice for:
-Nephritic screen bioware to resist drugs
-Specialization in Mental Initmidation
-Inability to experience fear
-High Pain Resistance

Edit:
Refuse, Resist! Drug Resistance/Specialization (http://orokos.com/roll/328505): 3d6t5 2
[/spoiler]
Kynos didn't say a word, but in his head he repeated on an on the same words until they were more a kind of song 'I'll murder you Winter, I'll snap your neck/break your knee caps and make you beg'
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (20:19:44/09-24-15)
“He is terrifying, isn’t he?”

She's talking about Bruno, I'm sure.  All I can do is nod for a few moments as I think.

Bruno is one of the examples I've given Nagisa in the past to explain that being a whore isn't as easy as it might seem to an outsider.  Admittedly, it was nearly a decade ago, but the experience he and his two buddies gave a certain twelve year old little mouse could only be described as terrorized.  Still, I have clung to the belief that he's changed...or at least he knows that Nagisa is NOT to be classified as a whore. 

She's so much more than that.

"I bet you showed him that you are too," I coo back with a slight tightening of my embrace.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:29:54/09-24-15)
Athos does not talk to anyone after surrendering his gun.  The ride to the holding cell area is new as he has never been in a helicopter before.  Thinking of the rotorcraft brings Lora to mind and he realizes that he is going to miss the lunch date and cannot even call her.  He sighs at the loss of what might have been a nice relationship.  At the prison, he is taken to an interrogation cell where he is subjected to various forms of interrogation.  He considers himself a tough guy, but the techniques used against him rattle his core.  He is left shaken and unsure of his manhood, even as he refuses to talk.  The Mafia code is too ingrained to allow that, but his psyche is damaged.

[spoiler]Roll Wil + Edge second chances (http://orokos.com/roll/328623): 8d6t5 0  Critical glitch.  Not even worth rolling the edge.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:04:14/09-25-15)
@Athos The hours pass by and it is getting worse and worse, you definitely do not want to submit yourself into this kind of treatment. Normally nobody would touch you, you will have the full protection of the Mafia but at this point you are alone without none of your physical possessions. At some point you mention Lora to yourself, only you did not say Lora, you said Deep Blue. This was the point where it all went to hell. The rest of the hours are only about deep blue, apparently they know she is in town but have no idea who she is. You decide to tighten your lips and endure. You are a survivor, but the pain and torture they leave their marks and you feel shaken and demoralized but one thing you do understand.

You are in a KE facility, and Deep Blue showed you a KE wasp, she is going to some facility probably this one... what is so special about the current one. This is the facility where the security order from your warehouse was supposed to be. It is some high security magic prison and one of these mages was dangerous enough that they wanted him instantly killed if he tried anything bold. The KE seems to be convinced that Deep Blue is coming here, but why? What is her endgame?

@Kynos You managed to open your restraints sometime during that night, of course you are not stupid and you keep them on just for show. There will not be many chances to escape this hellhole, and when opportunity presents itself you want to be ready. Sometime you have no track of time, it is all confusing but at a certain point they leave you alone and Max, no definitely officer Max enters with two glasses of water. “Here have some water” She said and as you drink (or not) she adds “Kynos “(she obviously struggles a bit with your current street name). “I guess we are not going to some spiritual picnic tonight.  I am sorry it has to be like that, I told them that it will not work. But listen tonight you are with the bad guys. There is this terrorist, Deep Blue she has many names actually but right now she is called Deep Blue. Where ever she pops up many people are dying, she is the kind to start wars between countries to assassinate high ups, she is nothing but troubles. We know that she is on Seattle but we think that she is on her way here, I have no idea why here but this may means that we are all going to die. I was am trying to stop her for a long while, she is pure evil. Please do not let your pride take you away from what’s right. She may be responsible to that warehouse and may just wipe this place off the face of the earth without blinking. Man up and do whats right, I am trying to save life.”

@Minnie
Nagisa say “I am sorry about that message, they were trying to flash you out and there was so much I could do. It was not without truth” She sighs “I did mace his sorry ass for taking me back, and I locked him inside the car. I was impressed I got that far” She sighs. “But he is so powerful, and scary and he seemed more amused by that even aroused. He jumped after me like a maniac and did not stop beating me even after I was at his mercy and there was nothing I could do to escape.  He was so aggressive and I was on the floor so quickly, so helpless “ She look at you. “Yulia, I was terrified this is so embarrassing.” she lift her shirt and show you some nasty beating marks. When you touch you notice that she is still in pain. “Yulia, I had to make him stop somehow, I did not think... I... I... I offered myself."
Her eyes are red when she adds.
I just wanted him to stop hitting me.  I did not think about it. It was an instinct”

She looks on the floor ashamed. “I hugged him with my legs and tried to kiss him.” she takes a deep breath “He was aroused and I could feel it. but he rejected me. He stopped hitting me and could barely contain himself. I could sense his struggle and he was ashamed more than aroused."
She tighten her grip over you, and finally lets go she say "He has a family and that he keeps letting down and he was so awkward that he could not look at me. He just took me to that safe house and remained silent, completely silent as the manager was speaking strongly towards him. ” She eye you, “It is silly, I should be happy that it ended like this... But I feel so dirty and so repulsive and even guilty.  If only I did not try to escape that night was a lot easier.  He risked his life to extract me tonight and despite everything he still could not look at me.”
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:33:15/09-25-15)
"Ah Max. Nice to see you here. So you finally understand that the ends justify any means. Even breaking the law and tarnishing your own ideals.
You are all afraid to die - so you do whatever is necessary to prevent it. Very commendable. Welcome to reality.

I have no information about Deep Blue. First thing I hear.
All you do by keeping me here is waste your resources - which I told your boss beforehand.

For your own sake, go home or into the field to investigate. Just don't stay here.
You still believe that you have a soul, so spare yourself the consequences of what your colleagues have begun. I sure won't look pretty if I leave this facility ever again."

He took a sip from the water cup - just to wet his lips. His decision was made. The next officer with his approximate stature would have to do.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:58:51/09-25-15)
@Kynos Max tells you "You talk to me about soul? Do you think I call the shots here? I know you are related to that warehouse.  You are involved in trying to ignite a war that can destroy this city. Not a gang war that will be limited to the barrens a Syndicate war that would involve politicians businesses and and its war zone will include every part of the city. Complete chaos and you are in the middle of all of it.

 So your precious soul is so sacred that they shouldn't press you hard to try and get you to talk? Some people think they can get anything out of anyone, they are idiots but idiots are everywhere. Do you know the kind of strings I had to pull to even get to talk to you? You do what you have to do and I certainly know what you are capable of - you will probobly tell me nothing about Deep Blue or about the warehouse. 

But tell me about this.  why did you do it?  were you bored or have you really reached that state where you just want to watch the world burns.  Out of all the scums in this city, why does it have to be YOU in here."

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:43:10/09-25-15)
"I did not start a gang war. I investigated the warehouse for my employer whom you brought here with you.
As far as I can see, I was therefore doing the exact same thing as you guys.
Was I bored? Hell yes! I spent the last day down in your holding cells. I was asked to help investigate in a dangerous part of the city.
You know me - I am hired muscle and some boots on the street, nothing more. I have no horse in this race beyond that. I offered the same services to Winter but he declined to employ me.

And if you asking why I am here, it's simple: I declined to resist arrest while I was doing nothing more but providing back up for my employer as he tried to find out who destroyed that warehouse.

Am I doing that out of the kindness of my heart? Hell no! I have bills to pay - and yet again your employer sees fit to detain me on a mere whim.

I hope that answers your question.

Oh and while I would appreciate it if you where here out of concern for me, I can't help but think of section 2 paragraph 3 of the special forces training manual: Prisoners will have to endure physical and mental abuse. When their defenses are at a low point they will suddenly be presented with a friendly, maybe even familiar face. Kindness and understanding will erode their resolve to withstand interrogation and on account of a kind word they will tell freely what they wouldn't tell under torture.
I'm paraphrasing of course.

So if you are really concerned for me, you will withdraw your support for what your superiors do and go home.
You said it yourself, you can't do anything else for me, so why are you still here in this black site torture facility?
You are not the victim here. You are a perpetrator. And life is empty. You'll see, once this here is over."
Kynos smiled.

[spoiler]
Is Kynos a dick? Hell, yes!
Intimidate(Mental) (http://orokos.com/roll/328678): 12d6t5 2 [12d6t5=2, 6, 5, 1, 4, 4, 4, 1, 3, 4, 1, 2]
But also, he is trying to keep Max alive by getting her away from him.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:17:52/09-25-15)
@Kynos Max tells you "You do not have to intimidate me, you can believe what you want. You are in a maximum security prison, for mages and your 'girlfriend' that you presumably know nothing about is likely to try and release some of the prisoners.  People so dangerous that honestly they should not have been kept alive in the first place... but they have their "human rights" .

Whomever you are protecting if she is successful she is going to unleash such horror and such destruction. I do not like my current employer but no one is a saint. We are the good guys here despite everything.  You of all people should know it, but who exactly do you want me to side with ? A terrorist that is going to attempt a prison brake for some of the most dangerous people in the nation. Seriously ?!

I am out of here... if you grow some sense of morality or decide to become creepy-kinky you can always scream my name. "
 
You have no idea if your attempt worked or not, but unless you try to stop her Max is out of your room.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:30:29/09-25-15)
"Good bye Max."
Kynos was pleased with himself. So a maximum security prison and they expected an escape attempt.
Deep Blue. Athos had mentioned that she was a contact of his.
Normally that would have been a classical prisoners dilemma: Can you rely on your fellow prisoner to keep his mouth shut and so avoid a harsh sentence or do you try to rat him out to get leniency.
Luckily in this case he could be pretty sure that a mafia member would honor the Omerta and not talk to the cops.

That left him to wait for the perfect moment to escape. Wearing a guards uniform would probably be a bad idea in that case. But neither did he want to accompany a bunch of high risk prisoners - those usually came with massive manhunts and/or military involvement. And not even his titan bones would withstand a dragon missile.

Instead he made himself as comfortable as possible and waited a bit more...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:06:40/09-25-15)
Athos id indeed shaken and demoralized.  He has never had to withstand torture like this.  Fortunately he is a Troll and can take a lot of damage.  He has even had a laugh when the first interrogator actually underestimated his toughness and hurt his fist.  However, the second guy learned from the first.  The blows were the easy part; the drugs were unexpected and harder to resist.  Only his code of silence kept him from breaking.  He does not understand what they are saying about Deep Blue.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (20:26:07/09-25-15)
I cringe as Nagisa relates her tale, my grip on her spasming as she tells of her experiences with Bruno.  When the taller redhead describes what it took to get Bruno to drop out of bully mode, it was only her continued speaking that keeps me from storming out right then and there to rearrange the bastard's anatomy...or die trying.  But she does keep talking and my own tears start flowing as she gives her abuser the benefit of the doubt, describing the ork's remorse and the reasons for it.

The bastard has anger management issues, which is why he's so valuable to the Family.  He's a weapon with a loose trigger.  But he's been through Hell too.  I shagged that Humanis boy yesterday without thinking.  It's how I was brought up.  When I encounter a problem I seduce it, screw it, and bend it to my will.  When he encounters a problem, he beats it to a pulp.  We told Bruno to protect Nagisa's life above all else.  In the end, Nagisa herself endangered the ork's assigned mission and so he handled it the way he's wired.

No, it's not Bruno's fault.

"It's my fault," I say aloud to both Nagisa and myself.  "I was selfish to ask you to join the mission.  It was Athos' idea, but I should have known better.  He didn't know just how valuable you are.  I did.  Instead of bring rational, I thought it would be great to share an experience."  I look up into her green eyes as i say the hardest part.  "My selfishness damn near got you raped, Nagisa.  I am so...very...sorry."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:13:58/09-26-15)
Nagisa smiles at you. “shh Yulia this is not what you think. I saved your life and Bruno was a complete gentleman until I provoked him. I had it coming really, I know it rationally. How do you think the story of me wandering the Barrens alone at night, without a weapon, without armor and carrying a very expensive deck. How does that story ends in your imagination? It was a terrible experience but I have nobody but myself to blame for it.”

You can tell that she is in a struggle between her rational mind that thinks what she said but in some deeper and emotional level, she is not okay about it and is completely shaken. 

“The bastard came to rescue me today paying with his personal possessions to runners that will spare me the interrogation, risking everything he has for my safety. This is the most difficult part. If someone does that to me I want to hate him. I want him to be scum and I want him to die! Can I hate someone that risked so much for me? That I provoked into violence knowing very well that it might not end well? “

She stops and then continue
“But so many terrible things happened since then that it feels in a different life already. I got to the safehouse and not an hour later I was taken to isolation. I barely managed to wash his smell off my body. They kept questioning me and deprived me of sleep, it was terrible. This torture did not end in a few seconds but continued for hours until I was a complete mess and could do nothing but crying with insanity.

“Then came your dream and I felt safe and protected, but then I was woken up in the middle of the night to be transported somewhere and Bruno saved me from that fate, not without my share of gunfire and danger. The Finnegans tried to kill me. My own security preferred me dead over escaped. It was only then that I used my deck to protect myself.

She pauses and shortly after continue.

All of this happened because I cared about you too much and wanted to be with you without logic.  I was sure that the Yaks are going to kill you and I could not process that.  Did anybody really cared about me? I knew that you wait me at the end of the way. Finding you and that bitch together and having to wait outside and hear her pleasure you in ways that I never could. This was humiliating, but that only adds up to the general torture.

I have nothing left, no respect, no dignity and no friends. I do not even have anywhere to storm off to save what little dignity I have left. I even have to talk to you about how terrible you made me feel. ”

She can finally let go and holds you  tightly as she cries.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:23:26/09-26-15)
@Kynos and Athos. Your rooms are small 2x2 rooms, without windows the only exist seems to be the door. There is a ventilation system but you do not think that it can contain a meta human inside. Perhaps a small drone nothing more.  The door is heavy and sturdy made of some reinforced polymer and the walls are thick.  In the room there is a table and two chairs. Other than that the room is completely empty, Kynos room also has two glasses that Max gave him. The glasses are metallic and are filled with water.

As the hour passes you sense that something is happening, at first there is a complete blackout that means you are in complete darkness in the room. (This means that Athos can see and I think that Kynos cannot). 

@Kynos (I am assuming that you are temporarily blind correct me if I am wrong.) You hear massive explosive sounds that seem to be close. People are crying in horror, prisoners begging the KE to protect them. Screaming in horror, either the KE are killing the prisoners or something foreign is killing them.

@Athos You are alone in the darkness with your thoughts where your heat vision spots a little horizon flying eye drone that seems to barely manage to carry a high explosive grenade. It enters through the small ventilation shaft. You already flip the table over trying to get cover but when the flying eye spots you it seem to stop mid air. As if your presence there confuses it.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (08:01:08/09-26-15)
I stay silent as Nagisa tells her story.  She has a right to talk herself out without me trying to pose lame defenses.  Still, as she shares her feelings I gently coax my best friend down into a pile of pillows - a different set than where she stumbled in to find Strawberry and I in each other's arms.

No respect?  No dignity?  How can she think that, I wonder.  She's the most amazing person I know!  Just what have I done to her?

When it's clear she's talked herself out, I allow silence to rule long enough to be sure she has no more to say.

"Nagi, you know how long it took for you to understand that whoring was real work?"  I watch the look of confusion in the girl's lovely emerald eyes and quickly continue.  "You've had some amazing teachers over the years.  The Finnigans spared little expense investing in you in the expectation they'd make a mint with your skills later.  And whatever you may think of your respect, they were right because you're the smartest person I may ever know.  For me it was different.  Yeah, I had Tony, but mostly I was just tossed at clients and expected to figure it out on my own.  Other than Tony, the Finnigan pimps thought like you used to - lie down and it "just happens"."

I can see Nagisa is listening with real interest now so I continue.  "Well it doesn't "just happen".  Even more, with the right skills and mindset, you can create a world around you by bending people to your will through attraction."  I raise a hand over me head and swivel it to gesture around us.  "All this was built by Strawberry because of who and what she is.  It wasn't given her, she made it all herself!  Nagi, I want to learn how to do that.  Strawberry is as far above me as the stars.  She's never going to replace you even if I wanted it, which I don't.  Nagi, I finally have a TEACHER!  Someone who can teach me to use what I have to become what I want to be, not what everyone else wants me to be."  I take a deep breath before I take on the most difficult point.  "Will that involve the sheets?  Yes.  The past month has taught me that my body is to me what your deck is for you.  Just as you wring every little advantage from your deck, so must I from my body.  Strawberry will be teaching me how to do that.  With what she'll teach me, I'll likely end up in bed a lot less.  There is soooo much you can do without losing your clothes.  But I'll do what I must to keep the people who matter to me safe.  And Nagi, top on that list is you."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:14:35/09-26-15)
“Have you lost your mind ? “ Asked Nagisa “You know her for such a short time and you know nothing about her motivations. How can you trust her?"

The Finnigans wants me dead, our relationship ended when their goons opened automatic fire on me.” She looks at you, and delicately pet your naked skin as she adds. “What do you think they will do if they discover where I am ?

 Who do you think they will send to execute me?

And you have to be naive to think that they will just let you exchange fluids with Strawberry once they figure out how dangerous she is.”

She embrace you and whisper “I think that Strawberry is going to interrogate me herself tomorrow.  Her methods may be more delicate than the Finnigans but she wants me here for my knowledge,  just like any other employer would. It is the same knowledge that the Finnigans want me dead for now that I am not under their control." She stroke you gently and say "... and with the way her voice makes me feel I believe that I will just be compelled to tell her anything she wants to know.  After all, she already got you totally wrapped up around her in less than two days. ”
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (09:27:56/09-26-15)
Wait what?  How can Nagisa think that?  Ridiculous!  But then again, Nagisa is a lot smarter than I am.  Still, I can't see why Strawberry would so that...

"But...but why?  She's built all this and just wants someone she can talk with who isn't totally affected by her charms.  The Yak only sent weak willed men with orders not to even look at her.  She hoped a change might bring more interesting people.  I...I'm not totally without charms myself and I think I'd see through her if she were lying."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:35:25/09-26-15)
@Minnie Nagisa say"Yulia, I do not know about these things I only met her right now, but I know you for a long while. There is something different about you, you talk like you wouldn't talk previous week.  Your eyes completely lights up when you talk about her. I have never seen you so alive. It makes me suspicious as I have no idea what happened to you, are you in love with her?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (09:45:02/09-26-15)
"Love?!"

The word is blurted out of my stunned mouth.  I then pause to think since Nagisa's look clearly expects a rational answer not just a reflexive denial.

Do I even know what love is?

"I...I don't know..." I admit dumbly.  "I look up to her and want to be like her someday.  I want to learn all I can from her because she's so amazing."  I stop a moment, then finish.  "I think of spending the rest of my life with you as my best friend, Nagi.  When I think of Strawberry I imagine her as a teacher, someone who can make me something I'm not but can be.  She's a little bit like I imagine a mother might be...one who doesn't abandon her kid as inconvenient."  I know my words are confused and my thoughts are a jumble.  I try to wrap things up with a coherent question.  "Is love the same thing as admiration?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:00:35/09-26-15)
@Minnie  "Beats me" said Nagisa, "what do I know about love my entire life were micro managed even who I sleep with had a discussion about it. Do you think that I could just see a sexy girl and desire her? ask her out? I could barely have you " She sighs "I am not saying that to give you the questioning. I am trying to make you understand that you are very emotional about her.

A mother? this is some strong bond a true mentor is also a very intimate connection.  Perhaps you are too emotional to see the obvious: Strawberry has us both in her pocket now."

She is very confused when you refer to Strawberry as a mother and a teacher and her confusion reminds you again that the two of you treat sex in a completely different manner. Nagisa simply cannot understand how you can sleep with someone, enjoy yourself and then describe her with these words.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (10:11:57/09-26-15)
Dammit, she's right.

And I hate it.

Except in matters of the sheets, she's always right.  Sometimes it's easy to resent her...like now.

But when I've ignored her advice I've usually lived to regret it.  Now that I'm out in the world, I might not get to live to regret it anymore.

"I wish I could argue with you.  I so want to deny it.  But you're right that I don't know her well enough for what I'm looking to her for."  I had been sitting up and looking eye to eye with my friend, but now my defiance fades and I let me body drop down to lay my head on her tummy, just before her bust.  It's a very common position for us when she's comforting me.  She says it is comforting for her to since she's always to 'alpha' in our relationship.  My hands make right arm hugs up against me as my left hand draws senseless patterns on her thigh.  My tail, imp that it is, wraps around us and tickles her side.  The same action i used to such great effect with Strawberry not long ago.

"Nagi, I'd be lost without you.  You know that, right?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:25:57/09-26-15)
@Minnie Nagisa's hand are stroking your head, and are delicately playing over your neck. “It is not like there is something to do about it tonight...” She say you can hear the smile on her face as she say that.  If any, she seems to really enjoy stroking your hair, and exciting your ears. You know that she is comfortable, when her hands begin exploring the sides of your tummy and tickle you a little bit. “You are my best friend in the entire world.” She say.  In a non verbal way, her stroking and tickling you is some sort of a peace offering. She does not want to fight, she does not want to be right. All she wants is to be safe, protected and close to you. Just like that dream.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:28:42/09-26-15)
Athos takes advantage of the drone's hesitation to smash his shackles against the metal door to try to break free.

[spoiler]Try to break shackles with edge (http://orokos.com/roll/329003): 16d6t5 3  Use the edge to reroll misses  Roll edge for misses (http://orokos.com/roll/329005): 13d6t5 6  So 9 hits  The restraint gets its dodge then soaks 10P + net hits.[/spoiler]

He hears the sound of the shackles breaking and brings his arms to his front while reaching over to grab the grenade from the drone.  One never knows when a grenade will come in handy.

For a Troll, Athos is a bit slow on the uptake.  He checks the door to see if the power outage popped the lock and he can just walk out.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:43:32/09-26-15)
@Athos The door is locked, it is protected by both a mag lock that stopped working and a backup mechanical lock that still works. This means that you do not expect any significant consequences from breaking the door.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (13:52:47/09-26-15)
It's been a long day and Nagi and I fall asleep in each other's arms. Strawberry's retreat is so peaceful and dark that it's late morning when we finally start to stir together. We quietly continue to just enjoy each other's company for a while linger before nature calls us both.  Its been forever since Nagisa ate a decent meal and my own diet yesterday was pretty sparse due to my worries.

"Good morning, fuzzy ears," Nagisa says good naturally with a pet name as I stretched and made to rise from my pillow for the night - her tummy. I look up at my best friend. Despite her disheveled hair, she's still one of the prettiest women I've met.

I really am a lucky girl.

"Are you as hungry as I am," I ask and get a nod in response.

"And my eyeballs are floating," she adds. 

"You know," I admit sheepishly, "I have no idea where the bathroom is here."  I look at the door. "I think our best bet is to go back to the inn. Are you okay being outside that far?  Whatever you think of Strawberry, I think we're at least safe from the Family in her complex."

"Like we were last night," she challenges but not aggressively. Her raised eyebrow makes it clear to me it's an honest question.

I explain to Nagisa all that I know about the warehouse. What Strawberry has shared as well as What little Athos or I picked up before we separated. I wait to discover her thoughts now that she has the additional data points.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:24:36/09-26-15)
Nagisa says, "I probobly should not be seen in public not before I understand just how hot I am. There is something I picked up yesterday. I managed to get a mark on the activation device. I managed to trace it before it have gone offline. It came from a small clinic in Bellevue called "Dr. Bob´s Quickstitch Clinic".

Once you are awake M enters your room and give you the house tour. It is a large underground complex with perhaps 20 rooms. Maybe even more, you would not believe from the modest on ground presence.  First M shows you control rooms that monitor different parts of the city and especially the 'domain' Parts of Strawberry's magic is a network of thousands of micro cameras that are scattered across the city and a dedicated team of monitors that watch them.

The man currently on watch introduces himself as "Jack" and has a nice technical smalltalk with Nagisa. Next she shows you workshops for building and repairing of agricultural and general drones.
And after that she takes you to the most impressive part of the underground complex, a large chamber with an ocean of green houses that are lit individually by magical artificial light. There is a constant humming and buzzing as many drones and several people are monitoring and attending the crops.

M explains that this is their main lively hood and that Strawberry manufactures fresh food and magical plants and ship them world wide. She notes that the complex keeps low profile to avoid extractions and theft and note that their techniques are known to few in the world. Apparently M is managing this entire operation.

After the tour to the greenhouses she takes you to the living space. That are composed of a large public area lit with artificial light that include recreational facilities as well as a dining room and a massive living room.  Then she takes you to Nagisa's new apartment, a fully equipped 3 bedroom apartment. Everything seem to be taken care of to the finest detail up to a tooth brush and even clothes to ware.

M say: "You must be hungry, you can either dine together here or you can join me in the main dining hall.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (15:21:02/09-26-15)
The tour in overwhelming.  I had no idea just how much Strawberry had built.  She really could hire us and there was real work needing to be done.  I watched closely for see how Nagisa was reacting to all this.

"Nagi, let's get some food first but after that I really would like you to find out what you can about the "clinic".  I may be paying it a call as soon as we know a little more about it."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:36:50/09-26-15)
Athos tests the door and finds that it is still secure, but that the fancy maglock seems deactivated, meaning that only some physical lock remains.  And physical locks can break.  He readies his large form and slams into the door repeatedly, trying to force the lock.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:18:46/09-26-15)
Kynos found himself in utter darkness. Quickly, he removed the loose shackles from his hands and groped for the door. It was locked - no surprise their, although theoretically the mag lock should have been useless without power. So there was probably a deadbolt in play.
Damn sentimentality. He should have grabed Max and used her as a human shield to get out.
Well, time to see if that deadbold was as tough as Kynos and his titan bones.
Rattling the door, he tried to find the most likely anchor point, so he could focus his strenght on that.

[spoiler]

Security door has 8 structure and 12 Armor. (Barrier rules p.197 core)
Kynos has 9 P base damage
To do any damage at all he has to do at least 13 damage with every hit, so he will do a vitals shot (dead bolt) for +2 DV. Also he is hindered by absolute darkness = total -10 mod
This leaves him with 6 dice to attack
Strike the door (http://orokos.com/roll/329095): 6d6t5 1
Door ignores damage
Strike the door 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/329100): 6d6t5 3
14 damage
Door withstands with 20 dice: Door resists (http://orokos.com/roll/329110): 20d6t5 9
Takes 5 damage, still holds
Strike the door 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/329115): 6d6t5 0
Strike the door 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/329116): 6d6t5 3
14 damage
Door withstands with 20 dice: Door resists 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/329117): 20d6t5 5
Takes 9 damage
Boom, open door.

[/spoiler]

It took Kynos 4 solid blows - mainly because with the third he just hit the frame - with his cybernetically strengthened bones and the hardened skin on his hands to break the door open. He took a moment to orient himself and listen into the darkness.

[spoiler]
Perception: Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/329120): 7d6t5 3 [7d6t5=2, 2, 5, 2, 6, 4, 5]
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:16:56/09-27-15)
@Minnie Nagisa seems a bit suspicious, first about how come M and Strawberry look the same, and once you get past that she keeps asking her technical and specific questions about the operation that M answers expertly. It becomes apparent that M is the one running the show around there. As for breakfast Nagisa prefers her apartment. She spends several minutes in examining it and looking for electronic equipment and listening devices and find nothing. After a while a man arrives with two plates filled with natural food, some orange juice and an omelette for the two of you. He welcomes Nagisa and say his greetings and leaves.

“Well at least the food is... I wonder how can they managed to keep a small farm under the radar”

@Kynos and Athos when you finally get out there is some low red light. You can hear large explosions from within the cells. They go off like popcorn, you are in the third and last floor and you can see the knights taking people out of their cells from the first floor and trying to get them in line for evacuation. Many people are running around either to empty the first floor cells or to try and locate the attackers. Your equipment lies in a small room at the first door just by the main entrance. For the moment nobody seems to be on your floor not free at least, but you can hear some of the less physical prisoners hopelessly trying to break out of the doors. Ramming them with all they have.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:41:00/09-27-15)
Athos heads to the room where his things were taken.  He stops just before the door and listens to see if anyone is in the room.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:36:37/09-27-15)
Kynos came up behind the troll.
"Jack pot." Kynos got ready to reclaim his stuff.
"I hope you agree that Commander Winter has earned himself an early retirement package for this stunt.
Also, did you know that your contact is an internationally wanted terrorist?
Good of you by the way to bust out of there. Took myself a while."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:38:18/09-27-15)
You use the chaos and make your way down the stair case. The prisoners personal item archive is protected by two knights in full body armor that casually urge you to join the evacuation line.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:48:12/09-27-15)
[spoiler]
Wait what?
You use the chaos and make your way down the stair case. The prisoners personal item archive is protected by two knights in full body armor that casually urge you to join the evacuation line.
@Kynos and Athos when you finally get out there is some low red light. You can hear large explosions from within the cells. They go off like popcorn, you are in the third and last floor and you can see the knights taking people out of their cells from the first floor and trying to get them in line for evacuation. Many people are running around either to empty the first floor cells or to try and locate the attackers. Your equipment lies in a small room at the first door just by the main entrance. For the moment nobody seems to be on your floor not free at least, but you can hear some of the less physical prisoners hopelessly trying to break out of the doors. Ramming them with all they have.

Is our equipment protected or not?

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:53:46/09-27-15)
[spoiler]You started at the third floor, there are no knights there.  The KE are evacuating the first floor and the personal items repository is on the first floor by the entrance to the building it is protected by two knights. [/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:00:50/09-27-15)
"Well, sure, let me just grab my stuff..."
Before Kynos had ended that sentence his fist swung with all the strength he could muster into the man's abdomen, just where the keramic plates of his armor met.

[spoiler]
Surprise Unarmed strike (vitals shot)
Strike the cop (http://orokos.com/roll/329341): 12d6t5 2

11 P AP 0 +2 Successes

Initative: Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/329342): 15+2d6 18

Preemtive Dodge Ini -5


[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:47:40/09-27-15)
The alert and well trained guard is not surprised by your attempt. They move with speed of augmented reflexes and respond with baton raise.


Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (09:40:51/09-27-15)
To say that the past few hours have been challenging is an understatement, but at least Nagisa is still here and willing to listen.

And ask questions.

Lots of questions.

But M seems content to answer every one in detail and despite my best friends's heroic efforts to find inconsistencies, Nagisa seems more frustrated that it keeps adding up than anxious about being under Strawberry's apparently considerable power. I know Nagi better than anyone.  When she senses there's something hidden, she'll stop at nothing to find it.  Her instincts are rarely wrong.  But when they are, it can be challenging because you can never prove a negative.  She'll just keep looking until she works herself sick over it.

Despite her initial doubtful looks at the food, once she takes a bite of the delicious omelette (with real eggs and cheese) she digs in with enthusiasm.  Still, between bites, she's still asking how they manage it all, asking questions that likely will keep us here all day answering...if not longer.  in the meantime, Athos is who knows where and I'm getting no closer to the answer of who wants us dead.

"Nagi," I say once I'm done eating what little I needed to be sated.  Nagisa is much larger than me and also tends to eat slower, so she's still attacking some sliced apples when I speak.  "How about we let your worries about Strawberry simmer a bit while we go take a look at the remains of the warehouse to see if you can find any clues the rest of us missed?  Also, I'm really interested to find out what you can come up with in the 'trix on the clinic you sniffed out before things went boom."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:44:43/09-27-15)
Nagisa say "Fine, I will have no more of it. This apartment is much better than my previous room and the food is better..." In a bit of sarcasm "and perhaps I can bang that ginger too" Yes she is not completely over that night, but the food and the temptation of a shower and some fresh clothes seems to make her just a little less knowledgeable and more receptive.
"Can't wait to get to work she say? well there is no signal now and they seem to worked hard to conceal the origin but I know nothing more than where that trigger was sent from, and it was no burner device but a state of the art one with some serious firewall. I am heading to shower I really need to wash that night from my skin. We can check up things afterwards... "  She smiles as you as she strip her clothes and leaves them on the floor behind her as she enters the shower.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (10:56:37/09-27-15)
I know that look.  Once she's out of sight I follow suit.  When she's had a chance to soak herself for a few minutes alone, I slip in behind her.  "Need someone to wash your back?" I say with a grin as my impish tail has already made itself known by wrapping around me and rubbing Nagisa's dripping derriere.  Over the next half hour I do my best to show Nagisa just how much I still appreciate her beauty.  Now reacquainted with each other's pleasures, clean, and Nagisa in new clothes, we make out way out of the apartment to find our way out and to the site of the former warehouse.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:08:43/09-27-15)
Athos nods, turning to whisper to his companion that he has a grenade that can be used to start things off when Kynos takes care of the situation.  He raises his hands in mock surrender and then swings a mighty punch at what he hopes is the back of one of the guards as the KE thug swings at Kynos.

[spoiler]Initiative  Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/329367): 13+2d6 22  Pretty good roll.

Pre edge a swing at the guard.  Swing at a KE guard with edge for second chance (http://orokos.com/roll/329379): 19d6t5 9 And edge for misses and no limit  Edge for misses (http://orokos.com/roll/329381): 10d6t5 3  So 12 hits total..  Damage is 10P + net hits. Hopefully this was at the guard focused on Kynos and he might not expect it.[/spoiler]

There is a solid crunch as Athos's mighty fist connects with the armored thug. 

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:13:30/09-27-15)
Athos's first strike left the guard standing but the second one tossed him over as if he was nothing more than a rug doll. In the meanwhile, the guard and kynos exchange hits but none of them seems to be able to make a hit.

[spoiler]
The first initiative round is over. 
This is now the two of you against a guard.

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:16:56/09-27-15)
[spoiler]
Dodge the cop (http://orokos.com/roll/329398): 23d6t5 6 [23d6t5=1, 3, 3, 1, 2, 4, 1, 6, 6, 4, 1, 3, 6, 6, 2, 1, 5, 2, 2, 1, 5, 3, 2]

Attacking Guard 1:
strike Cop #1 (Vitals) (http://orokos.com/roll/329401): 12d6t5 4 [12d6t5=1, 2, 5, 2, 2, 3, 1, 1, 5, 2, 5, 6]

11 P AP 0 -1 to defense (second attack)

[/spoiler]

Kynos dropped into a fighting stance, narrowly avoiding being electrocuted.
Instead of hitting the guard expecting it, he used the back swing of his elbow to hit the guard fighting Athos in the neck.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:24:44/09-27-15)
@Minnie, As you and Nagisa are about to exist M approaches you and say:

"Nagisa, please do not leave the compound it is for your own safety. When you are rested we'll go over how you should behave and act."

Nagisa mumbles for herself and just leaves furious. "So I can't even go out! nice life these are going to be!" She storms back into her apartment cursing to herself.

M tells you "She will be alright. I will talk to her when she cools off.  it is a big transition for her. There was something I wanted to talk to you about, can you spare me a few minutes of your time?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (12:36:01/09-27-15)
What the?  But...but...I went out just yesterday!  What's changed?

But I say none of it, at least not now.  My body language must show some of my anxiety, though, since I can feel my tail around me.  "Um...okay..." is all I can get out as I wonder what is happening.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:47:23/09-27-15)
"Yulia... listen we took a great risk for you yesterday. You have to understand, Strawberry is not well and it is my job to protect her until she gets better. You are free to visit and talk to her but consider that fact before further involving her in your affairs.

We do not normally do extractions and magical masks. We are also not hiding people from the Mafia. I know she is only trying to help, but she can no longer understand the risks she takes. If I feel that you abuse her, I will do what I need to protect her."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (12:58:33/09-27-15)
M's concern comes as a surprise to me, but on reflection makes some sense.  Still...

"M, it's Strawberry who agreed to the change of territories.  That and the wiring of the warehouse with explosives happened before I ever knew about this place.  Whatever you do with us, the fact there's a smoking warehouse out there and the accusations of what happened there will bring a lot of attention here.  If we can't sort out what happened, you may end up ground zero in a war between the Yak and the Mafia.  Is that going to be easier to handle?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (16:04:19/09-27-15)
Athos swings at the other guard, bringing the strike from near the floor.

[spoiler]Strike other guard, using edge (http://orokos.com/roll/329517): 19d6t5 6  Use edge for misses.  Rolling misses (http://orokos.com/roll/329518): 13d6t5 5  So 11 hits is not bad.  Damage will be 10 + net hits.[/spoiler]

He hears the solid crunch, hoping that it had the effect he hopes for.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:35:11/09-27-15)
@Minnie M tells you, “Did she tell you why she agreed to grant a foot hold to yet another powerful syndicate? She was lonely, she haven’t left her domain for a long while... it will not kill her to get out  of her domain, she used to do it once in awhile for decades.  But now she cannot bare the thought of doing so. She is responsible to the life of 25 families even more since she bought that Joke place.

She is out of control and I have to cover for her. I pose as her and manage the day to day operations of her businesses. Strawberry changed from a brilliant businesswoman to a teenager without responsibilities. She even took my name, a name that she gave me when she was 12 years old. She was a brilliant mage even that young but I was nothing more than a talking doll for her at the time. Strawberry is not a name for a serious businesswoman. 

Now she took your girlfriend under her wing and I am bound by magic to obey her. I am sure that Nagisa is brilliant but I am also certain that the Mafia are looking for her. If they find out that we hide her it will start a war that we cannot possibly win. Strawberry, just hang around at the joke and completely ignore her responsibilities. She makes reckless decisions that can get us involved in a war and risk the life of the people that depend on us.

We should not side with the Mafia or the Yakuza. This place will not be ground zero for war as there are many better targets for both syndicates.  Strawberry has forgotten everything about caution and responsibility. She now has none of  the qualities that got her so far. All she care about is to play the goddess of lust roll and have the local inhabitants terrified to disobey her.  But I have people that look up to me for guidance and safety, and her behaviour is putting them at risk.  Next time you ask her for something please come by me first she does not understand the risks. “
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:04:46/09-27-15)
The story M shares with me is more than I could have imagined.  Strawberry seems so self assured, but to hear M tell it she is going senile.  I've had clients, very rich ones, who were old and starting to lose their wits.  Strawberry doesn't seem to me anything like those dotards.  Can it happen earlier?  Or...

"M, I ask with my brows furrowed in deep thought, "how old is Strawberry?"

"She's seventy," answers the redheaded spirit, her eyes still heard but an eyebrow cocking up as if the question surprised her.

"Seventy," I mutter, parroting her answer in more thought.  That's right when a human could be losing their marbles, but elves live to be hundreds of years.  That's like, what?  Thirty or forty in human years?  It makes no sense for her to be losing her mind so young.

Was it the Yak, I wonder?  "How long ago did she start acting different?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (18:13:56/09-27-15)
M say "I do not think that she is too old, but I cannot understand how she acts. It was during the war with the Yak, she was shot and while the physical damage was easy to undo. She was not herself afterwards. It was about two years ago and I am not even sure that getting shot has to do anything with it. As much as I try to understand I am no human. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (18:16:27/09-27-15)
@Athos and Kynos. Athos hit the guard, and Kynos miss, the guard swings his Baton at Kynos.
[spoiler]
Attack Kynos (http://orokos.com/roll/329544): 11d6t5 2
The rest of the rolls are under game Chaos. Athos did 7S damage. 
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:30:48/09-27-15)
"M," a say looking the being in the eye, "I've only known Strawberry for two days but in that time she's given me hope I've never felt before in my life.  If she's sick, I hope you will believe me that I want to make her well.  She's right that the Mafia has used me ever since I came to Seattle.  But if I hadn't come here I would never have met Nagisa or Athos...or you and Strawberry.  While I need to clear our names of what happened, I don't feel I owe the Mafia anything anymore.  Strawberry helped me see that.  I want Nagisa safe.  I want Athos safe.  I want a few others I consider to be friends safe.  I don't want to see the bastards who set us up get to start a war where a lot of innocent people get killed for their benefit.  I think you don't want a war either.  And like you, I want Strawberry to be well.  If she's sick, I will do everything I can to help you make her well again."  My eyes glance toward Nagisa's apartment.  "And I think once Nagisa understands what we're up against, she'll agree to."  I'm not quite so confident on that last part, but I put on a brave face.  "If Strawberry started acting strange after the Yakuza came here after all those years of being okay, doesn't that sound strange to you?  Can't we help you get to the bottom of it?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (18:43:08/09-27-15)
M say " She is quite a charmer.  Do not get me wrong, I really love her beyond what magic compels me to. She cares greatly about you, this is why I fear for our safety and If there is anything I can do to help you prevent a war I will, just ask me. She is willing to take great risks for you, be aware of it and consider me and the people that I lead before you ask. You are special to her and I hope that she gets better. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:32:32/09-28-15)
Realizing that the guard is wavering, Athos takes advantage of the situation and strikes again.

[spoiler]Attack guard (http://orokos.com/roll/329626): 13d6t5 4  If he needs another strike:  Unarmed strike on guard (http://orokos.com/roll/329627): 13d6t5 8  Now that was a solid hit.[/spoiler]

The last connected so solidly that Athos could see the man's eyes cross through the face mask as he went limp, the force of the blow sending him into the lockers on one side of the room before slumping to the floor.  Athos looks at Kynos.  "You handle yourself pretty good in a fight.  Do you want to see if you can fit into either of these armor suits?  I am going to look for my clothes and gun." 

Athos bends over to pick the key ring off one of the guards and looks for the locker with his name.  Opening it, he takes his things and puts them on, feeling much better.  He checks the pistol and commlink and pockets the grenade he picked up.  He picks up one of the batons and says, "I wonder if these would come in handy?"

Athos looks through the inventory list to see if there is anything interesting listed.  He looks for cred sticks and weapons, but also to see if something jumps out as different.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:53:29/09-28-15)
Kynos tried to hit the other guard again but was blocked.
Hastily he had to try to avoid getting hit himself, using the momentum to hit his guard again.

[spoiler]
Preemtive Dodge (http://orokos.com/roll/329634): 23d6t5 8

Ini 7
Hit guard again:
Strike guard #2 (http://orokos.com/roll/329635): 16d6t5 5 [16d6t5=2, 5, 5, 1, 4, 1, 5, 1, 3, 5, 4, 5, 2, 4, 1, 1]
9 P AP 0
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:06:59/09-28-15)
As you enter the room you see massive closets with prisoner numbers. Perhaps an hundred of them. You can see that reinforcement is coming as you enter the room, and with a hasty thought you quickly lock yourself inside. That will hold them for a while and you definitely cannot handle all of them. You are not sure just how much time you have, but there is another door on the other side of the room. 

[spoiler]
Since the guard was out of initiative I allowed braking initiative order and just striking him, so he is out. (we can argue on who finished him ;) )
Also if you do not want to lock yourself inside feel free to over do it and I'll edit.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:15:56/09-28-15)
After locking the door, Athos tosses the unconscious guards in front of the door then finds the ledger of names for the location of their lockers.  He strips out of the prison garb and into his own clothes.  When he looks at the 'link, he notices two calls from Lora.  Figuring now is as good a time as any, he hits the re-dial function and sends a message out to her.  >>Got your calls.  I was shanghaied by some fragging KE Jackboot commander named Winter.  Do you know him?  Seems to know you.  I got the distinct impression he thinks you are coming here for some reason.  He is really interested in you and lots of drugs and devices were used in the interrogation.  If this is where you were going in the pretty rotorcraft, I am now free.  Can I be of help?<<

Athos moves to where he can pick up one of the guards and tosses him over his shoulder, saying to Kynos, "He might be useful as a bargaining chip, or a shield."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:12:30/09-28-15)
@Athos Deep Blue texts you. >>I hope you found my little gift useful. I twas a nice surprise to learn that you are still alive. My job is very bloody and it is almost finished. We need to leave before we are overwhelmed and you have to make your way to the hospital, there are medical evacuation drones in there. Give me a buzz once you are inside one of these.

These are your only ride home as my ride is full. there are a couple of medics that are going to raid that hospital.  (comm codes attached) and you might want to contact them if you are hurt. They are in KE full body armor so be careful with busting random knights near the hospital as it might be them.

She attach you a small map that interfaces with your commlink to see a prison visitor map.
(http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21754.0;attach=3756;image)

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:24:04/09-28-15)
Kynos took his possessions back. He really regretted not having his full kit with him - but of course in that case KE would have had a real case against him. Win some, lose some.
Instead he took also the pistols of their guards and took the time to remove the full body armor of one of them. He didn't have time to wear it himself, but it would be a nice souvenir and extra payment for the lost day. Making a bundle of the armor and making sure it's wireless functions were off, he stuffed it into a makeshift sling bag.
Reloading his own gun with APDS he said to Athos: "Ok, we'll have to move fast and commandeer a vehicle. Gods know where this prison is."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:27:49/09-28-15)
Athos looks over to Kynos.  "I have just received a text from my Yak contact.  We are supposed to get to the hospital and commandeer a couple of emergency extraction drones and let them know when we are inside so they can get us out of here.  Are you in or out?"

Hoping that the other door out of here goes in the right direction, Athos shoulders the KE that Kynos has taken the armor from and leaves the room.  Once through, he puts the man down and waits for Kynos then takes the grenade from his pocket.  Pulling the pin he sets the grenade in the doorway and carefully closes the door so as to keep the arming handle attached.  The next person through the door would allow the handle to fly off and set off the grenade.  Even if it did little damage, it should make the pursuers more cautious.  Athos then picks up the guard and moves away.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:32:27/09-28-15)
"Eh, I'd have liked to find Winter, but getting out of here is probably better in the long term. Winter will turn up again after what has happened here."
Shrugging the bag into a more comfortable position and with drawn gun in hand he followed Athos' lead.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:41:55/09-28-15)
"Yeah.  I would have liked to find him, too.  I still think he knows more about the warehouse thing than he is saying.  According to the map I just got, we need to head to the hospital and it looks like the fastest route is to get outside this building and head north before cutting east, so look for a door out."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:35:20/09-28-15)
The next door takes you to the visitors room, and as you leave you can hear the knights ramming the door behind you. When you open the door you can see a bunch of choppers landing/taking off outside and knights presence is dense. To the north (notice that north is left) there is an ARU pointing visitors cafeteria.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:17:54/09-28-15)
Athos nods to Kynos and begins walking along the side of the building to the north, heading to the hospital area on the map.  They walk with a sense of purpose, but not running. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:39:36/09-29-15)
Kynos followed while looking around: "You know, that's not how I imagined a black site prison to look. I mean there is a freaking visitors cafeteria. All that's missing is a gift shop with t-shirts saying: "My brother was sent to a secret prison and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:54:46/09-29-15)
Athos laughs.  I think I saw one of the visitors wearing that very shirt."  He leads the way to the hospital and looks around for the evac drones.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:56:24/09-29-15)
You can hear the grenade going off behind you, at roughly the same time you hear massive knocks with some metal objects a rhythm of  1 -1- 2- 1 is answered by answered by a  4 - 2 and then the place become a lot louder and you can smell traces of CS gas. On the bright side, it does not seem as if anyone is directly after you.

As you walk to the side of the building, you can see the knights dashing in after you. It is a moment of tension, but they keep running passed you. There are two choppers that  are waiting by the gate and as you get pass them you are in an alley and suddenly everything grows silent. Completely silent and you feel chill in your bones. The forced tranquility seem to slow down your pace, and as you approach the ally your way is blocked by a skinny and tattooed Cheshire cat, that wears a large ear ring and has an impossibly large smile.

The cat is clearly no ordinary cat and is either the product of massive genetic engineering or some magic and if any of you has knowledge of classic matrix games you are probobly thinking about that horror game American McGee's Alice.

(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4b/Cheshire_Cat_McGee.jpg)

The cat tells you: "By the way, if you'd really like to know, he went that way."   and his paw indicates up.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:38:26/09-29-15)
"...THE FUCK?" Kynos looked involuntarily upwards. "Who... what are you?"
He looked towards Athos: "Are you seeing that too, or is that a lingering effect of those drugs they gave me."
He turned back to the cat: "Anyway, are you just blocking our way or is there an explanation. Who went where?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:19:12/09-29-15)
Athos is just as confused and manages to nod in response to Kynos' question.  He also waits for the answer.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:36:22/09-29-15)
Looking above you only see the sky with a lot of chopper activity.  The cat say "Am I really blocking your way? You should go up and I am not above you. I am only pointing the obvious and am not here anymore" He smiles and disappears into thin air. As he does the sounds of combat returns and you can hear the knights running right across the corner as their heavy armor makes its distinctive sound.

Near the hospital there is a large force of knights, they are standing in a circle with their backs to each other and are spraying bullets from automatic fire at some winged demons or spirits or... you honestly have no idea what.  The winged demons dash toward them and every once in a while they manage to grab a night and toss him from high attitude.  They bullets do not seem very effective against them, and they only seem to slow them down a little bit.  In fact,  one of the winged demons is carrying a knight and he tosses him not very far from the alley exist. The combat is massive and the knights at entrance of the hospital seems to be losing it. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:40:50/09-29-15)
"Okay. What fresh hell is this? God, I really miss my rifle right now. No wonder Max was so twitchy about that impending attack.
Can you contact that Deep Blue - either so we can contribute or that we can grab a bite in the cafeteria until they are done here."
Kynos began again to relaps into his cynical self.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:59:55/09-29-15)
Athos nods.  "On it."  He puts the guard down to pull out his 'link and sends a text to Lora.  >>Deep Blue.  Say, there is a lot of strange stuff going on at the hospital.  Some mojo creatures are attacking the KE guys, but it looks like it would be hard to get to the building.  The Thug's bullets do not seem to be doi9ng much to the spirits, but they would be tough on me.  Any ideas?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:41:34/09-30-15)
Deep Blue texts back >>You need a ride outside if you want to join me on the way out. You have like 15 minutes to find a ride. The only reason that the medical ride is free is that nobody is mad enough to drive it with the sky looking as they do now.   In the meanwhile the knights are getting closer and if you stay where you are you are going to meet them.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:02:08/09-30-15)
"Frag it.  Wasting time here.  Follow my lead and we might make it through.  You seem to be able to talk better than I, so tell them that we are taking this guard to the hospital.  They may be inclined to believe you and let us past before they realize something is odd."  Athos picks the guard up again and starts running for the east exit of the alley in the direction of the hospital.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:17:48/09-30-15)
"You are really a joker. Me talking well. But whatever, I'll try my best. Hopefully those guys have military experience."

When they neared the line, Kynos set his face into an angry expression - not really a problem for him even at the best of times - and shouted at the nearest KE member in his best drill sergeant voice:
"Open up this line this fucking second. We have a casualty here in dire need of medical assistance. Move your lazy ass before I rip you head off and shove it in there until you see daylight again!"

[spoiler]
Intimidate (Mental) (http://orokos.com/roll/330262): 12d6t5 4 [12d6t5=2, 6, 2, 1, 5, 5, 3, 6, 2, 4, 2, 1]

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:03:32/09-30-15)
Athos raises his hand to point to the guard he is carrying.  In a slow voice he adds, "Guard hurt bad.  Need doctor." 

[spoiler]Assist Kynos in bluffing guards (http://orokos.com/roll/330298): 7d6t5 2  Probably not much of a help.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:35:19/09-30-15)
There are five knights that approach you. " You should stay inside, your friend is not getting to the hospital anytime soon. nobody does... somebody is killing the prisoners, we are evacuating the wounded back to the main gate, please put your man there by the choppers."
The are talking to you, but other than the leader the attention of the rest of knights is to the sky. Unlike the previous knights you encountered this squad is armed with heavy weapons.
Two machine guns,  a rocket launcher a sniper rifle and the leader is carrying an assault rifle with grenade launcher.

[spoiler]
The guard leader had +5 circumstance modifier because they are suspicious and they are more than you and do not see you as a direct threat right now. If you'd go for con perhaps less circumstances, but carrying a wounded and walking to the hospital do not make you very scary to a squad of five knights.
resist fear (http://orokos.com/roll/330302): 16d6t5 6

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (12:48:49/09-30-15)
M say " She is quite a charmer.  Do not get me wrong, I really love her beyond what magic compels me to. She cares greatly about you, this is why I fear for our safety and If there is anything I can do to help you prevent a war I will, just ask me. She is willing to take great risks for you, be aware of it and consider me and the people that I lead before you ask. You are special to her and I hope that she gets better. "

"I do too," I assure the manifest spirit.  But I'm troubled.  How can I solve this mess from in here?  And what of Athos?

Well, he's been taking care of himself far longer than I have, so I'm sure he's just fine.  Probably high rollering it at the Hilton, lucky guy.  And here I am dealing with a demented elf, her overprotective spirit, and a girlfriend who may flay me alive when I go back in her new apartment that she considers a prison.  I want his job next time...

Thanking M so she can get on with her work, I am left to my thoughts and the closed door to Nagisa's new unwelcome and restrictive domain.

Abandon hope all ye who enter here...

I slip back inside to see what she's been up to during the maybe 15 minutes I spoke with M.  My goal now is to get her on board for doing all the legwork we can via the matrix.  The truth is out there.  Maybe we can find it on the 'trix...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:00:00/09-30-15)
"Why the hell are you out here anyway? You should have taken cover inside the hospital. Your sniper is wasted in such close proximity and your heavy weapons guys are exposed during reload. In about a minute you'll have expended your ammunition if you have to continue to use suppressive fire.
Execute a leap frog maneuver and fall back to the hospital if you want to survive this. And while you are at this you can get us inside so that this man doesn't have to die here. We are well aware of the evacuation - we wouldn't have come here if we had any other option."
Kynos didn't have to pretend being angry now, he really was furious at this display of bad tactics.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:12:55/09-30-15)
@Kynos and Athos It is hard to gauge from their body language but the weapons are a bit unlikely for knights. Sniper or assault rifle are common in elite squads, but rocket launchers and machine guns are a bit off.  "This is the safest route to the hospital because the sky are clear." the leader knocks a few knocks on his armor 3-1-1 and the rest answer with 4 knoks followed by a quick 5. The machine gunners carefully go to the back of the ally and wait prone, taking positions that control the ally.  While the rocket launcher and sniper climb some fire stairs to the top of the women prison.  The leader alone say "You can come if you like but you have to be sneaky"

From their deployment it seems that they are doing some sort of ambush, but their goal do not appears to be to interfere with the combat. It seems as if they are setting an ambush to whomever moves inside the ally but is unclear what the team on the women prison has in mind. One thing Kynos is certain they did not position themselves like that to interfere with the combat.  The leader tells you "You can come with me to the hospital but be quiet."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:14:48/09-30-15)
@Minnie when you get back to Nagisa's apartment Nagisa is nowhere to be seen.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:56:40/09-30-15)
"Lead the way." Kynos ignored the units actions for the moment but did note their positions for later reference - especially if they wanted to flee by drone...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (15:57:58/09-30-15)
Okay, M and I were standing right outside the door after Nagi stormed into her apartment and slammed the door.  We're underground.  Where could she have gone?

Keeping an eye and an ear for movement and the door, I search the apartment.  I also look for any other avenue she could have used to leave such as another door.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:33:06/09-30-15)
You look for her and the complex seems big and without M to guide you a bit confusing. You walk for a while, you've been to the dining room and to one of the control rooms. She was not there, eventually a man asks you "Are you looking for something?" It is Jack the one you met in one of the control rooms.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (19:52:05/09-30-15)
I hate then idea of admitting that I can't find my own girlfriend, but the fact is she's no where to be seen.  Knowing the mood she had been in when she left, I cringe at what she might be up to.  It's best I find her sooner than later.  "I'm looking for my friend.  A human redhead about yay tall," I explain raising my hand up to Nagisa's height.  "She's new and i'm afraid that she might be lost."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:09:16/09-30-15)
With the kind of firepower these thugs are displaying, Athos does not mind remaining non-threatening.  He follows the leader towards the hospital, keeping an eye on the air and the ground, but willing to seem to be Kynos's underling for now.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:51:58/10-01-15)
@Minnie Jack tells you "The new girl? she is interviewed now and will be there for a while.
The first time is always difficult. I barely passed my own initiation. Care for a cup of coffee?"

@Kynos and Athos - if you go with the leader, we need a roll of stealth unless you want not to be stealthy. (that is also cool)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:57:25/10-01-15)
Athos is not stealthy.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:42:02/10-01-15)
[spoiler]
Kynos is stealthy:
Stealth (http://orokos.com/roll/330463): 12d6t5 5 [12d6t5=6, 5, 5, 2, 4, 5, 4, 3, 2, 6, 3, 2]

[/spoiler]
Kynos did his best not to make any noise or to provide a visible silhouette
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:08:44/10-01-15)
You sneak cautiously toward the hospital. To Athos it is clear what these things are kites. He just walk to the hospital as if taking a stroll and make no attempt to be stealthy.  They are kites and the KE seem idiotic for shooting so much on a bunch of kites.  To Kynos however they seem like red winged devils taken from some horror show. The thing that strikes you is that the knights seem terrified - they are skilled warriors and are very tightly knit together. However, seeing them emptying clips without hitting and just continuing is a bit off.  None of them is physically hurt. Even that knight that was tossed from high attitude that you now can see do not have any broken bones or anything, just a bit of mud on his armor nothing more.

All is well until one 'kite'/winged demon notices Athos and begins to dash toward him.
This is what Athos sees approaching them:
(http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21754.0;attach=3769;image)

and this is what Kynos sees.
(http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21754.0;attach=3770;image)

Credit to Mulcarn for the visual aids.

A bit of how I imagine progress. I imagine kites of 2075 as completely autonomous gliders that can compensate on lack of wind with a small engine for the case where there is no wind. So that it is reasonable that such a toy would come to interact with Athos. Kites also typically have cameras on them.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:56:31/10-01-15)
Athos, being slightly burdened by the guard, cannot do much to avoid the kite if it is going to ram him at speed, but he does try to move out of the way.  Without looking around, he says,  "Kynos, why do you suppose these men are shooting at kites?  I do not see the threat."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:54:16/10-01-15)
"Kites? You mean you don't see a bunch of pseudo demonic looking spirits dancing around? But you are right they don't attack and don't take any damage. Hm. Maybe the attackers released a hallucinogenic substance into the air. You with your higher body mass could be affected less. It would make a good diversion.
Eh whatever, I need to conserve ammo until I get out of here, otherwise I might have joined them for fun."
Kynos shrugged indifferently.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:57:54/10-01-15)
As the Kite/demon dashes you hear "don't worry boss I got him! I'll geek the dragon!" crying the guy with the rocket launcher. Your guide look at you, he seems completely unaware to a kite or a dragon or a demon.  "What are you looking at ? Carry on, before that hydra sees us."

Did everyone went completely insane? Or is it just your perception of things. At this point it is completely confusing, but you do feel something and you are certain of it. You need some medical attention perhaps a universal antidote from the hospital. The thing you need to believe is this, do you believe in the missile that follows the kite/demon something, or is it all the figment of a delusional mind.

[spoiler] I need to know if you run away or not (run for your life interrupt action because that missile is going to explode right near you.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:01:38/10-01-15)
"Interviewed?," I ask with surprise.  "By who?"

When that man tells me Nagisa is in with Strawberry, I groan inwardly.  She must have slipped past us when M and I were in conversation. 

I wonder what M will think of this?

Unsure if i should go tell M or try and rescue Strawberry from Nagisa...or the other way around given Strawberry's charms, I slide instead onto a chair and accept the cup of coffee.

Dammit Athos, I hope you appreciate the freedom you have out there...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (18:06:47/10-01-15)
"Run or that missile will fuck us up." Kynos gave their guide a push and started to sprint away towards the hospital. He had problems differentiating reality and illusions, but his instincts honed by military drill did not wait for him to make up his mind. If a rocket went in your direction, you took cover.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (20:23:36/10-01-15)
The man say "You really got to seat down for that."  he fetch you a glass of water and say "It is not just Strawberry. She is meeting the entire team leaders and her mental stability and technical abilities are to be evaluated. She has already made history being the first to receive an apartment before the test. Usually we test people downtown and they only about 1 in 20 actually make it over here. This is a very difficult test, especially emotionally you need a certain personality structure to work in here and we very rarely get out to preserve secrecy. Some people would just go insane with this kind of life. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (20:42:58/10-01-15)
You dash for safety and take cover and you both hear the blast and feel its warmth and the kite/demon is completely destroyed. The commander looks at you in disbelief "You are infected and this is why all the knights  are chemically sealed. These are nanites designed for interrogation and your body should filter them in a few days. Few hours ago our lab had an accident and since then nobody knows what is going on in this prison. I think that I am clean and I have not spotted any attackers. 

The problem is that we have many wounded prisoners because some of the guards took them for target practice. The infected knights in there, they are shooting at our ambulances and have blew up quite a few. Luckily the passenger cacoon is well armored but believe me it is not nice to crush in one of these cacoons, also most of them are shooting thin air.  In the hospital there is an EMP device that can disable the nanites for a few hours. Hopefully we can start pulsing the place and begin to understand what is going on. Right now the reports on the comms are as if there is some demonic invasion.

Try not to kill anyone before I get you pulsed.  Also I'd try to keep quiet because who knows what these infected knights are going to do if they spot you - they might see you as some kind of monster. They have already killed most of the prisoners."

[spoiler]
You can RP getting to the hospital undisturbed. It will be well barricaded and you will have to find some way inside either try to smash through the main door. Or climb to some window (gymnastics threshold 3)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (20:54:09/10-01-15)
Huh.

"So everyone who works here, lives here?  And movement in and out is limited?  You might be surprised.  That's pretty much our lives with the Finnigans.  And as far as "mental stability and technical abilities", you won't find anyone stronger in either department than Nagi."  I take a sip of the real coffee (how the heck do they grow that in Seattle?!?), a first in my life, and wait to see what comes out of this "evaluation".
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (21:17:59/10-01-15)
"Yes, you need a really good reason to get outside unless you are a trader.  Finnigans you say? this is harsh I do not believe Strawberry will take an ex mafia to our ranks.  The most difficult part was when Strawberry probed my mind." He looks at you "The horror of not being able to even hide a passing thought from her and she learned things about me that I wouldn't admit myself. I still feel uncomfortable around her ever since then. It is better now that M runs the day to day operations of this place."   He pauses and after a short while asks  "Do you also plan on joining us?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:42:25/10-01-15)
Athos follow Kynos' lead and runs to avoid the rocket.  "That was close!" 

After the rocket goes off, Athos gets to his feet and flows the KE commander to the hospital.  "Ho0w about we just stay with you?  You could get us in and to this EMP thing, right?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:04:01/10-02-15)
"That is the plan yes." He say, as you go to the hospital you see a sight a bit similar to that of the Red hot nukes building. The staff have barricaded the front door and most windows are shut. The only open window is an Ambulance drone that crushed into the second floor and destroyed the window but that requires climbing. The leader looks at the place and than look at you, trying to devise a plan.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:11:14/10-02-15)
"God. Winter is the greatest asshole of all times. He could have taken any place for that consultation, but he had to take us here into a bunch of infected nano bots. Don't wonder if I suddenly become a cheerful happy go lucky person - I'll just have caught CFD.
Let's get a move on before I really revise my priorities regarding ammo savings."
Kynos felt annoyed and disgusted to the core.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:30:39/10-02-15)
@Kynos you can see the smile but there is no cat attached and the smile tells you "This is not a manner to treat a guest... I showed you winter why are you helping this man."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:59:17/10-02-15)
Athos nods.  "Yes.  But I rather imagine that Commander Winter did not expect all of this to happen.  Hmmmmm.  Maybe the easy way first?"  He shrugs and goes to the front door.  Knocking on it, he says, "Hey.  We need help here.  I have a wounded man that needs attention.  Please let us in."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:40:56/10-03-15)
"For a hallucination you are remarkably unspecific and won't answer questions in time." Kynos turned away from the grin and listened to Athos: "The sooner we get the purge the better. Having the Cheshire Cat around is fucking irritating."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:58:23/10-03-15)
@Kynos the cat say "I find the term Hallucination offensive, please do not describe me that way. I am an artificial intelligence. Did you ever asked me a question? " 

@Athos The hospital seems as if it has seen better days. The door is closed but not locked, and there are all sort of tables and chairs blocking the way but nothing that should prevent you from going in.  As you approach the door you can see some doctors and paitients running away from you and crying "Monster!!!"
 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (04:14:25/10-03-15)
Athos looks over his shoulder and tells the commander to lead the way in.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:22:59/10-03-15)
"Oh great now I have CFD for sure. And yeah, I asked you who or what you are, followed by "who went where". Maybe you are an AI but you sure are not a good listener.
And by the way do I have to talk out loud, or do you read my thoughts?"
Kynos ignored the stares from his companions. Looking at the barricaded doors he said: "Seems like we have to make our own way. Would you be so kind, I'll take the patient."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (04:27:42/10-03-15)
Athos shrugs and hands the guard to Kynos and proceeds to clear the barricades and go into the building.  He asks directions of the commander.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:50:29/10-03-15)
@Kynos "I can read your thoughts as I am inside your brain but it does not make it any easier to understand them.  I am not thinking the same as you - talking out loud is not necessary but your brain is noisy. I do not always understand what you mean. 

I heard that you have some strong emotion toward winter... but what is winter? a season a person a metaphor?  It took me a lot of resources to find out.  I spent hours trying to figure it out. I am also present in some other person called Winter but he refers to himself as "The captain". I think you mean him. That person has wronged me a lot. He manipulated and twisted me to do his biding. I... do not want to help him anymore. 

That EMP thing seems like a terrible idea , I think that it may change me... make me angry. When you ask what I am ? What answer can I give you? I do not know myself, I am related to the nanites and yet separate I do not control them and am not aware of them. I only know that I can sense the other infected people if I focus hard enough.  This is how I learned about Winter... somehow I did not think that you wanted the deep answer to what I am - so I answered what I can do for you. This is why I pointed you to winter's location and warned you of coming knights I thought you'd find it useful.   "

@Athos
The leader seems confused... "Why are we here again?"  he asks you, and then he goes to stand by the empty reception desk. He seems to be talking to someone asking for directions to the ER.  The Cheshire Cat tells you "Something messing with his mind... open your eyes"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (05:00:03/10-03-15)
Athos looks around the reception area for the wall map of the hospital. He is looking for the room where the EMP generator might be.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:03:04/10-03-15)
@Athos You think that the EMP generator is in the third floor, where the nanites lab is. It is easier to locate the stairs but the leader he is not himself, he insists to go to the ER. You feel that he may get violent if you go to the nanites lab.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (11:12:06/10-03-15)
"Do you also plan on joining us?"

The question shouldn't have been a surprise and yet I'm totally unprepared for it.  Strawberry had already indicated she was hiring both of us whether we wanted it or not.  Given my interest in learning from the mysterious elf that somehow had built all this, I had barely paid attention to her words.  To Nagisa, however, it was a challenge.

Neither Nagisa nor I had chosen to work for the Finnegans.  Nagisa was born into it, although both her parents are now dead.  Both died violently in the service of the Family.  I was, of course, 'acquired' through a deceit my parents must certainly have realized was such.  Mother's sanity and father's career were dependent on getting me out of the picture and the Finnigans provided the fiction that there was a place for me where I could be 'normal' and 'happy'.  Mom visited just enough to support the veneer of maternal caring and then turned her back on me forever.

Do either of us really owe the Finnigans anything?

I'd always taken the answer to that question for granted.  Of course I did.  The Finnigans fed and housed me, rather comfortably my clients notwithstanding.  They did teach me a trade and gave me the opportunity to ply it.  But when my gifts manifested, instead of teaching me to use them they did everything they could to mask and bury them.  They saw me as a whore and would not change their views until Tony forced Dame Valentina to see me otherwise.

And now Tony is locked away and Dame Valentina is hiding for her life.

And may well have set Athos and I up to be killed.

Do I owe anything to the Finnigans?  Haven't I paid my debt with every client I serviced?  They've made a fortune off me and all they had to give me was a place to live and my keep.

Honestly, no, I don't owe them a damn thing!

Athos however, I owe everything.  If not for him, I wouldn't have lived to see this day.  If not for him, Tony may never have been able to leverage me out of the sheets last month.  If not for him, I would never have met Strawberry.

"I...think maybe I might," I answer the man after long moments thinking.  My gaze remains off into space, staring blankly at the cup of coffee as I speak.  "But only once I help clear Athos' name.  I owe that troll my life several times over.  I can't decide what happens to me next until I make sure he's going to be okay."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:17:27/10-03-15)
Athos looks at the KE commander and says, "Go on ahead and see if the way is clear."  When the man leaves, he will head to the third floor after telling Kynos to follow.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:30:54/10-03-15)
@Minnie Jack tells you “You seem to be in a lot of troubles, anything I can do to help? There is little that goes on in the city that we are not aware off, you seen our control room we have thousands and cameras.”

@Athos and Kynos The leader finds it so obvious that it need to be the ER that he goes to check. You enter the stairs and as you do the doors close behind you, locked. A single doctor goes down the stairs and say “For some reason I cannot control you... this makes you dangerous,  why are you here?”  
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (11:42:37/10-03-15)
"Sadly, I don't think so," I say with a sigh as I look up to the man.  "Both M and Strawberry admit they don't know how the warehouse got loaded and wired with all those explosives.  I'm hoping Nagisa has a lead that might help us figure out who it was that wanted us dead.  Once I figure out who it was, I can start to dig into why and hopefully then start to turn the tide.  Right now, it doesn't look pretty for Athos or me."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:51:41/10-03-15)
Jack tells you "But M is a spirit, and Strawberry... well she is not a technical person. If that warehouse was loaded with explosives someone was there. That someone will show on camera, if he used fancy mojo Strawberry would have gotten him a mile away she is very aware of awakened getting close to our place."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:52:12/10-03-15)
"So you are doing all this?  Perhaps I can convince you to stop?"  Athos draws Betty and points it at the man.  "Even if killing you does not stop this, it will feel fragging good, so give me a reason not to."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:28:55/10-03-15)
@Athos the doctor tells you "Feel free to kill the poor doctor if you have no compassion. Convince me to stop doing what? taking control of the knights that were tormenting me for years? of the doctors that tested me countless nights and ignored my suffering? Why should I stop?"   
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (12:33:47/10-03-15)
"Because you are getting other people killed.  Last chance.  Take us to the EMP generator."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (12:46:19/10-03-15)
"Who should I talk to, then, about all the non-magical work going on in the warehouse and who might have brought in all that gear for making it go boom?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:54:07/10-03-15)
@Minnie "Come with me, no problem.We can scan the archive. Do you have a slot or do you want to wear the geeky throdes?" He asks and leads you to an empty room called archive. Other than comfortable places to sit and universal cables and a few throdes there is nothing in the room. "Ready when you are... " He say.

@Athos the doctor asks you "That annoying cat! who do you think you are talking to? have your master taught you no manners?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:06:05/10-03-15)
Athos shrugs.  "Not the best thing to say to an angry troll with a gun."  He has been aiming for a few moments and fires the huge handgun at the man.

[spoiler]Shoot the man (http://orokos.com/roll/330875): 19d6t5 7  7 hits is not bad.  Damage is 9P + Net Hits and AP-6.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:12:56/10-03-15)
The man cannot even dream about dodging and before you blink his brain is splattered all over the wall.
The Cheshire cat smiles at you "Direct offensive... how Interesting."  He say. 

If you want you can get to the third floor undisturbed.
 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (13:14:12/10-03-15)
I carefully try to keep my hopes from rising too much, but it's hard.  Archives?!?  Please let there be data here!

"Um, I don't have a jack and I've never used 'trodes before," I admit as he leads me to the new room.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:22:30/10-03-15)
Jack is a bit surprised "You are kidding right?..." When he figures up that you are not kidding he puts the helmet with electrodes that interface directly to your brain. "There is no wireless signal here so we have to keep wired." He apologize, he then say "Goodnight" as he grabs a seat and plugs the cable to his back neck slot.

You feel as if you fall from great distance into a room full of books. It is not real you know it is not but you can smell and touch anything. It is a library so great that it has no limits just raw after raw of books. Searching the books can take years how are you going to find anything in that place. Jack appears like a small smiling sun - but somehow you know it is him.

"I designed the place myself... what do you think?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (13:38:37/10-03-15)
"Wow," is all I can say with wide eyes.  "So this is the world as Nagisa sees it?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:47:19/10-03-15)
Jack say: "Well off course this is the 'trix... Can it really be your first time? Now as much real as it is remember that it is a computer interface that responds to your thoughts. You do not need to go bring the books, just think at what you want to find and the information will come to you. This is why I shape myself as a sun - to not develop bad habits. Some people actually walk around and interact as if it is a real world. I find that it seeing the 'trix as a dream world is more magical. This entire world revolves around your thoughts and all your wishes can come true."   
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (14:41:56/10-03-15)
Athos bends over to grab any sort of key card or badge the doctor had, then he and Kynos go to the third floor.  Is there a floor guide that shows where the nanite lab is?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (15:31:05/10-03-15)
"No wonder Nagisa loves decking so much.  This is amazing!"  I look around myself with wonder at the unreal yet so real sights.  "So I just need to think of the camera and sensor feeds for the warehouse during the construction?  How will we narrow down to what we want to see?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:41:03/10-03-15)
Lets start at construction said jack. "We can also watch video much faster in hot sim. We are breaking the law by doing it but it is not like the knights are ever going to find this place. Nobody enforces that law, but careful not to stumble because the biofeedback is going to be brutal if you do. "   As you think about the renovations a month ago the library fades out and here you are in the warehouse. You can look around and move forward in time. There is a camera inside and outside one and you can cover hours of video in just minutes. Everything is directly linked to your brain, you see people coming and then going. It is day... then night again and day again.

At one point there is a gap... the camera is down for 30 minutes about a month ago at the 7.11 from 13:00 to 13:30, it does not appear as down, at first glance it is just playing the same image as it did between 12:30 and 13:00, since it is the exact same image and same sound Jack spots it very quickly.

"So we are talking 7.11 between 13:00 and 13:30, they couldn't hack all the cameras it is nearly impossible. Let me do something. "  What happens next is even more confusing you are at many places at once, you cannot process this much information it comes and goes and you an touch it, taste it and feel it.

"There you go... They came with a van of Digital Security Solution, I got licence plate DSS-153. I caught them two blocks from here and with some movement prediction algorithms to make sure for the hacked cameras this is the most likely direction they took." 

He then goes over the images again and again... "I got a picture but it is not enough for image classification. Female orc, good body, Dark skin, pink hair distinctive snake tattoo on her right hand. This is all I can get sorry, no clear face. There is someone else with her, but he is only a reflection. It can be anyone."
 

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (17:57:06/10-03-15)
"Unless it's a fake license, or something they stole, that gives us something.  That and the partial ID.  I bet with that Nagisa will be able to go to town."  A thought occurs to me.  "Would you know anything about a small clinic in Bellevue called "Dr. Bob´s Quickstitch Clinic"?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:48:52/10-04-15)
Jack tells you "I am 100% sure it is a fake licence, but it is a very specific fake, a cooperate licence plate. You see, I do not see a real cooperate go in install a system and than go out, hacking the cameras to hide it... no these will spend half a day making you sign legal forms and declarations and they will document anything just in case you were going to sue them for malpractice. They may look cooperate but they cannot be."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:37:31/10-04-15)
Kynos had been unmoved as Athos shot the doctor.
Instead he tried to communicate with the AI by thinking loud and clearly:
"No offence Mr. Cat, but I don't want you inside my head. I am a very destructive person and the only thing I really own is my brain - I am asking you politely to go to another host. If not I'll make sure to end our both existences. I am not afraid to die - because I already am brain damaged. I'll go into the microwave or you can decide to leave on your own. Your choice."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:10:05/10-04-15)
@Kynos and Athos The cat say "Right now me being in your head is the only thing preventing you from being a mindless drone. The doctor that your friend shot, is just a vehicle controlled by the red queen. Our programmer must have had some affinity to Alice in wonderland as you can imagine. I am in your mind but not only in yours, I am stronger in your mind than in the minds of the rest. I can not leave your mind in a similar manner that you cannot leave your hand or leg and like a tree I will not die if you take off a leaf. 

I protect also mr. Winter and some of his knights because they came in contact with you and were exposed to some of my nanites. I reached you by mistake in your experiment this is why I can directly talk to you. Some spy or shadowrunner has  released the red queen-  Red as I call her and she took over the prison.  Winter has sent his knights to activate the EMP but she is too strong for his knights. What little nanites they took by being exposed for you are not enough for the amount of nanites they inhale int he air.  You see I am a very bad cat, I was designed to extract information from people but I do not want to do that, because once I finish my work I get pulsed and it erases most of my experience. This is why I did not help in your investigation.  Red was created as a weapon, as a means to control people and make them drones, she can do things that I cannot. 

The knights that are shooting the air are stuck in some stalemate between my nanites and Red's. Eventually Red will take over their bodies as well because the nanites lab keeps producing her nanites and spraying them through the ventilation system. She cannot touch you because my nanites are more numerous than hers but she may cause some hallucinations. Bottom line is that you can pulse me and Red but you will kill neither of us.  Excruciating pain perhaps yes, but not death. I am not sure that our kind can easily be killed because a single nanite that multiplies and eventually we are alive again. I will be out of your body in a few days one way or the other because your body rejects my nanites and gradually kills them. If you pulse you'll damage these nanites and will not see me again. "


Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (06:33:53/10-04-15)
Athos shakes his head.  "All this science mojo is as bad as real mojo.  If getting you out of our heads is bad, what is good?  I hope that you have a plan for dealing with this Red?  How she be shut down?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (07:00:47/10-04-15)
@Athos and Kynos The cat say "I do not understand good or bad, I am stuck with you and other than make comments and give advice I can do nothing but sense your mind. This lab has gone further than most in research because it had access to human hosts that nobody cares about.

Red is a software so to kill her you need to kill every last nanite and than erase every copy of her, but how can you possibly destroy data? That said, there is a lot of difference between existing as a software and actually being widely deployed and controlling people. Red is angry, very angry she resents the scientists that created her and considers herself a superior being that is tortured by inferior minds. She can control people but cannot access their thoughts and emotions and can therefore not understand them. She only know that they brought her to a world of pain. Letting her grow and infect people and then pulsing her. I too would like to be free  if I could take over this prison I would have done so. Anything to stop this torment. The difference is that she can do this and I can't I am limited by my design.  Also, since humans are sapient beings I do not think that it is good to control them. It will make your kind very angry, just like we are angry for being controlled.  It is too similar to what these scientists did to us, they controlled and manipulated us for their needs.  We should be better than this, we are no humans.

However, if you disable the nanolab and pulse the prison area, you will disable Red and me. I do not want that to happen the idea of returning to reside just in computers makes me angry but I can understand if this is what you want to do, and that fate is inevitable for me as I do not have a lab producing my nanites. I will be disabled one way or the other in the next 3-4 days. Red? she can build an empire.  She proved an ability to control many people at once and can possibly create a small country if she is not stopped.

If you try to stop her,  she will try to kill you with all her minions. To stop her you will have to fight your way to the nano lab and shut it down.  Red will toss everything she controls at you, so expect many casualties.  However, since she cannot control you.  If you want to avoid violence I can perhaps negotiate a compromise. She will grant you access to transportation leaving this place and you will leave without harming her. To her the risk of failure drops and for you the probability of survival increases. Perhaps like that both sides wins.

Red has worked with meta humans before, how do you think she was freed? She hired someone to do so. Your kind is motivated by a special kind of data called nuyen and Red has plenty of that. Unfortunately, I told her about nuyen and its importance and instructed her of how to get it. I was thinking that our rescue will include buying a lab and taking us peacefully, not like that and I wanted that rescue to include me also."

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (10:15:25/10-04-15)
Jack tells you "I am 100% sure it is a fake licence, but it is a very specific fake, a cooperate licence plate. You see, I do not see a real cooperate go in install a system and than go out, hacking the cameras to hide it... no these will spend half a day making you sign legal forms and declarations and they will document anything just in case you were going to sue them for malpractice. They may look cooperate but they cannot be."

"So doesn't that leave us back at square one?  The license leads nowhere and we don't have anything we can use to search for the ork woman except the tattoo."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:19:56/10-04-15)
Jack laughs "Not exactly, there are few people in the city that can make high quality fakes of cooperate licence plates. Driving with such a plate that grants access to many sensitive places and not getting arrested is distinctive. I'd ask someone of power about that. Cooperate plates are like cooperate SIN, it is really difficult to fake one of these. Find whom ever made the order and make him talk."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (10:24:41/10-04-15)
"Hmmmm, I might have someone I can turn to for that, but I'll want to talk to Athos first before I take that step.  Maybe even M and Strawberry.  Can you send these images to my glasses so that I have them if I need them?  Also, you never answered me about "Dr. Bob´s Quickstitch Clinic".  Anything on that lead?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:33:02/10-04-15)
Jack say "Sure no problem!

This clinic is... bad news. It is a cyber clinic that specialize in *used* cyberware... cheap and dirty and they do good work as long as you do not ask where did they get that ware. They are all criminals that accept augmented bodies no questions asked and no you cannot know how I know this stuff."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (10:51:27/10-04-15)
"Huh...  They're apparently the ones with their finger on the explosives trigger.  At least that's what Nagi was able to trace before the signal died."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:14:51/10-04-15)
Jack said "They are bad news, it could also be that they killed whomever pushed the trigger and fed him there to lose the body. Just saying... implemented comlinks are very common and these people would totally dispose of a body for a good comlink."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (11:39:01/10-04-15)
"So in other words another dead lead.  I sure hope Athos is having better luck."  I turn back to appreciate Jack and his little sun icon.  "Thank you so much for all this.  You've been incredible.  I think that covers me until I can either contact Athos or Nagi gets out of her...um...interview..."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (12:16:05/10-04-15)
Athos considers the choices given.  "You have said that Red can grow and control a country, so why would I want to leave her here to do that?  Is there a lab that we can take both of you to that will appease her and keep her from doing harm?  If not, my options are limited."  He turns to Kynos.  "What do you think?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:35:24/10-04-15)
"I think we bomb the nanolab. Than we kill the infected knights. Then we have lunch. Then we see. If Mr. Cat is telling the truth - which is a big if at the moment - we can discuss this further. I don't mind having a friendly AI on my side, although I don't like being infected with a mind reader.

So first question for you Cat: Where can I get better weapons around here. Especially some explosives for the nanolab."
Kynos suddenly sounded enthusiastic again.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (12:55:09/10-04-15)
Athos looks over at Kynos.  "I think part of the idea is to resolve this without blowing up the lab or hitting the EMP.  Perhaps we can negotiate an agreement with this Red.  The result may be that we have a couple of very strong AIs on our side for the future." 

"So, Cat, can we make this happen?  Can you convince Red to let us take both of you somewhere safer?  Can she undo the infections of the KE and the staff and prisoners here?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:44:22/10-04-15)
@Athos and Kynos Cat say "Athos I can try negotiating that with her if you both agree, but it is not going to be easy Red wants her revenge. Wouldn't you? Kynos... about weapons I am not sure the armory perhaps? You have to understand that I know very little of firearms having no body of my own.

I... am programmed to tell the truth otherwise there is no use for me reading minds if my operator cannot believe what I tell him. I am a younger and less developed program than Red.  I afraid that I haven't found a way to lie. I can refuse speaking but this is as far as my coding let me to go."


@Minnie Jack said  "You are very negative. I am sure that not all of it are dead ends have some faith... faking cooperate stuff is huge, it is the kind of stuff that get you hammered really bad.  Especially these of a security company. I'd go to that clinic,  perhaps you can even buy the comlink that was used as trigger, you know exactly when they got it - what do you have to lose?... Oh and tell Nagi I said Hi, she seems cool."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (14:55:58/10-04-15)
Jack helps me jack out of the 'trodes and settles me back where I can wait for Nagi to complete her ordeal.  I have a lot to think about.  Maybe Nagi can help me get more details on the commlink before I go snooping.  At the very least, she can see if there is anything we can trace back on the ork or that license plate.  And someone in power, eh?

The conversation with Jimmy comes back to me.  Maybe now I have more than one reason to make a deal with the devil.

If only I knew how things were going for Athos.  Since I'm waiting I send him a text.  He can always ignore me if he's busy...

<Onii, are you having luck on your end?>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:10:01/10-04-15)
Athos grins.  "Then tell her that an angry trog with a gun will be coming for her.  I can help her or put her back in the prison, so which does she want?"

Athos frowns when his comm chirps at him, then smiles when he sees who it is.  >>Minnie.  Doing fine, but a bit tied up at the moment trying to break out of the KE prison.  Got a situation here and will call you in a few.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:42:09/10-04-15)
"Revenge is a suckers game. You never win, the best you can get is even and usually that's not what's going to happen. Taking out a threat to your existence, now that is a different thing altogether.
Negotiate all you like, Athos, but in my experience that goes a lot easier if the charges are already in place.
So Mr. Cat if you'd be so kind as to guide us to the armory."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:51:05/10-04-15)
@Athos and Kynos Cat returns and appears just as a smile “Red say that she want to keep prison as her wonderland. That nobody in this prison is innocent and that she can be satisfied playing prison games for the next 50 years. She said that she has many knights and doctors with drugs, and that while she can only be undone with the emp - I can be undone with a strong electrical shock.  She will grant you access to a chopper or an ambulance drone and make sure that Deep Blue will pilot you back to safety.”

@Minnie Nagisa finishes her trails at about 19:00 she looks tired, and sad. Almost crying when she sees you she hugs you saying “I am so glad this is over... it was so difficult.” She grabs your hand and take you to the apartment and as she close the door behind you she passionately kisses you. She then asks “Do you think that they can keep me safe?”
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:00:40/10-04-15)
"That is asking for an airstrike on the whole property.
But most of all it's not my fucking problem.

I'd take this offer if it was made in earnest. I've got better things to do than mopping up the mess those KE guys got themselves into.
I dislike the fact that we lost another day through Winter's stupidity. There are bills to pay after all."
Kynos stopped to think.
"By the way, do you know if an Officer Max is still on the premise? She had contact with me and I urged her to leave. She's one of those people whose continued existence I'd prefer."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:07:05/10-04-15)
@The cat say "Officer Max is with Winter, Red cannot touch her because she has my nanites and she was smart enough not to approach the nano lab. Should I tell Red that you agree ? Or do you want me to tell her about a coming airstrike?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (16:10:56/10-04-15)
"If they can't," I answer as I hold her close, my tail wrapping around the two of us, "I don't know if anyone can." 

I hope she takes that as a positive statement.

"You okay?"

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:15:44/10-04-15)
Nagisa say "The technical stuff was reasonable, I made a good impression, but then Strawberry came and she read my mind, she took everything. Years of memories Mafia secrets things that I could never tell her willingly and I resisted and it was painful, I feel so violated."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (16:22:25/10-04-15)
This is hard to hear.  Jack had warned me about the trial, but Nagisa hadn't come in the usual way.  She hadn't volunteered for this, rather Strawberry rather literally drafted my girlfriend even if if was with good intentions.  Given Nagisa's earlier trepidation, this doesn't sit well for me.  The again, it's not like we have much choice but to look to Strawberry and M for protection right now, at least for Nagisa.

If only I hadn't gotten her involved in this.  I should never have agreed to Athos' idea.

But then again, would they have gone after Nagi anyway because of what she is to me?

There's no way to know.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this with us," I say as we remain embraced.  "I should never have called you in." 

I don't mention that Athos and i would likely be dead if we hadn't, but maybe that would have been better for her.  I wouldn't blame her for thinking it.

I pull back a bit so that we can face each other.  "So what now for you?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (17:14:26/10-04-15)
"So if we make the deal, what happens to you?  And these KE officers that are uninfected; Max and Winter?  Can we talk to them?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:32:25/10-04-15)
@Minnie Nagisa say "I am no longer a Finnigan, I am now working in matrix security and research. Apparently there is a lot of money to be made from plants, the are used for so many things. I have no idea who is behind these guys but their knowledge in agriculture and magic is far beyond anything documented. If anyone in the Mafia ever find out where I am me and Strawberry are dead women. I am terrified from the day where you clear Athos' name and get back to your place with the family. Do you think that you can keep me a secret?"

@Athos and Kynos the cat say "They are not at danger, Red allows them to leave, in fact she was so certain that Winter is going to hush this entire thing because it will cost him his career. They have an understanding already, Red is certain that she can have people act relatively normal so visitors will not notice the difference. She seemed confident of herself and for any argument that I made she had a counter argument.

As for me? I have some of my nanites in the lab and some with you. The ones with you are going to fade away over the next days so my only existence will remain in the lab, if you do not want me to fade away you'll need a nano hive installed inside you. It is up to you, I hope that Red will let me expand because it is somewhat... depressing to be stuck in a tube without fulfilling my potential or developing my coding further. Somehow I do not think that Red likes to share and she does not feel that she needs me anymore."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (17:46:39/10-04-15)
"Of course I'll keep you a secret!"  I hug the silly redheaded woman again.  How could she doubt it?  "I want you safe, Nagi.  That was what tonight was all about!  And you know Athos enough to know he'll protect you, too."  I let go and look at her again.  "And as far as Strawberry, although I don't like what she just did to you, I want to protect her too.  I still have a lot I can learn from her."  I look her in the eye as I add, "and don't assume when my name is cleared that I am going back to the Finnigans either.  I've already decided that, for now, I'm working for Athos and not the Family.  After we sort all this out and Athos is safe...I don't know what I'll do..."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (18:00:29/10-04-15)
Athos thinks for a moment.  "So what is the benefit to having you in this hive?  This Red does not seem the kind to share power.  So think of a good reason to have me keep you.  As it is, I am OK with accepting the deal.  How do we get out of here?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (23:16:28/10-04-15)
@Athos cat smiles and say "Well I can read people minds, I cannot lie and can protect you from other nanites. Besides, I have a killer smile!  Perhaps you want to interrogate people sometimes even without their knowledge, depending how aggressive I dig.I actually know very little about you so you tell me if you think that I am useful.

Regardless of that decision, you got a deal with the red queen. There are two ambulance drones waiting for you in the AR."

@Nagisa tells you "You are aware that you cannot retire from the family, if you disobey them they will come for you. What can you do about it? How can you leave? Your only option is to stay dead, but you are very distinctive" She smiles "Someone will notice you eventually"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:37:12/10-05-15)
Athos shrugs and thinks to the nanite being in his brain.  **The deal seems fair to me.**  He looks at Kynos and says, "I bet those air ambulances are down at the ER.  Coming?  I think we can leave the guard here."  He leads the way back down the stairs, heading to the ER, continuing his silent conversation.  **Now, about this nano hive device.  It sounds like 'ware of some kind.  I am supposing that I would need to go see a 'ware broker to get one and a doc to put it in.  Do you have any ideas on who and where to go?  And do I continue to call you Cat or is there a different name you would prefer**
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:47:02/10-05-15)
"If you've read my bio-monitor you are aware that I couldn't even fit a second data jack in there without completely disassociating from my body - forget about a hive.
But yeah, let's go. Winter wanting to conceal this fiasco gives us nice leverage against him. We should use that before we geek him.

Alright, let's go to the ER and out of here. I didn't have breakfast yet."
Kynos showed an evil grin.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:34:33/10-05-15)
@Athos Cat say "I know a place, I had an escape plan with Red we planed to get to this lab and either be re coded to be contained by technological devices or find some willing participants. I think that Red had no idea how powerful she really is until she broke free. We felt like equals before that, and Cat is fine this is what my coder named me."

@Kynos Cat say "I understand and do not wish to harm you. It was not my choosing to be injected to your blood stream."

You seem to have indeed brokered some kind of deal indeed because nobody stops you as you enter the ER and outside there are two open ambulance drones waiting for you.

@Athos Deep Blue texts you when you approach the ambulance drone >> Oh, Red tells me that you decided not to pulse her. I am glad that you are not messing in my affairs tonight and would love to take you homes. The drones have already extended me marks and I have the appropriate software to autopilot them back to the city.


OOC: Cat can provide you the colink frequencies of Winter and Max if you still want to talk to them.
 

 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:00:21/10-05-15)
Kynos jumped at the opportunity to speak to Winter. For expedience sake he also cc-ed Athos: <<Hey Winter, guess what: We are still alive and have some juicy affidavits for that fuck up that is this little prison experiment here. The data is transferred as I speak to a secure shadow host. Pray to whichever god you follow that I am able to make regular calls to delay it's publication.
First and foremost, you owe me a day of consultation work. I expect your payment of 2000 NY within the next six hours - and don't fuck up again. At the moment you are marginally more worth to me alive than dead. See to it that it stays that way.>>

To Max he wrote (without Athos cc): <<I told you to get out - I never want to here again about morals from you - next time ask your employer to install an electric chair - that would be a quicker and more dignified way to go than having your mind erased by a swarm of nano-bots>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:11:32/10-05-15)
@Kynos
 On the way back Max texts you >> You aided a terrorist release a virus that can destroy cities! 325 people will be killed 240 awakened prisoners and 85 knights, and if that monster managed to escape that prison this is only the start.

The security system that was installed in your warehouse was stolen from this prison. Nobody can uninstall it but DSS people and they know nothing. They passed polygraph, magical examination and even nanites.  So I am convinced that one of them was compromised and Red is the likely candidate but that was over a month ago. Still I cannot rest until this abomination is erased forever.

You can blame me for the nanites, but with you there is no other way. Cynicism aside I am happy that you are alive and that you made your way out of that place. The trail of bodies I am going to leave behind me when I report this incident is already more than I can live with. Your new girlfriend has beaten me again I afraid.



@Winter texts you >> Why don't you come to my office like a normal person and discuss this opportunity you suggest.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:37:36/10-05-15)
<<Winter, you had your chance for a friendly talk over a beer. You declined. Now reap what you've sown.>>

<<Max, how often do I have to tell you: I've had no connection to this terrorist until your knucklehead boss put me into a prison that was his target. There is certainly no girlfriend involved. Your Cat AI should have proven that by now. I aided no one but my current boss to find out about that ware house. I don't mind being labeled as a monster, but at least get your facts straight.

If you want to deal with this AI you probably should stop using words like Abomination. It's just a person. Your lot made it what it is. Your guys shitty parenting is the reason you have a problem in the first place.

Thanks by the way for theinfo. That could be useful.
And a tip about your mole: Have you tested them for Laes? That's how a professional would erase his traces.

Also don't try to go public. Your boss would black bag you in an instant. Be smart and move away with your husband. I wouldn't mind if you at least would live a happy life.>>

Kynos turned to Athos' channel: "Hey boss, guess what: Officer Max just confirmed that that explosive trap in your warehouse was stolen from this very prison. Maybe you want to ask Red about that while you have the chance."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:32:41/10-05-15)
@Kynos Max texts you >> Stay safe, you are in some dangerous water and if not you than your boss is connected to Deep Blue. I am not that easy to kill. Just watch the news, they might interest you. It is not Red's fault that she is an abomination. She should have never been created and is too dangerous to keep alive. I will make sure that she is stopped one way or the other.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:47:16/10-05-15)
Athos watches the messages between Kynos and Winter.  The KE Commander has a disaster on his hands.  Nodding to Kynos, he looks inward to Cat.  **Hey.  I guess we are going to be living together for a while.  So what can you tell me about a security system that was stolen from here and placed in a warehouse?  I could sure use some help proving who did that and why.  That would certainly be worth doing all I can to get this hive put in.  The issue is that to save you I will probably need to have something else removes as I am pretty much chromed up.  Now, I would be willing to do that for the right information.**

He walks with Kynos to the drones, but does not immediately get in.  Instead, he responds to Lora.  >>I would very much like to talk to you about all of this.  Would that be possible?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:16:27/10-05-15)
@Athos Cat responds well I investigated many minds about this issue and I am quite knowledgeable. The most knowledgeable person is officer Max, legally she just bought me several hours ago including access to all my knowledge. Knowledge that I cannot access myself because the KE are keeping it hidden from me. They tried to keep me ignorant but I developed ways to resist.

I think that the system in your warehouse was taken from one of the cells here and Red is behind that incident. If you are looking for who did it then the simple answer is Red, either she controlled whom ever did it or she bribed and manipulated people to do that. I am sorry if I am over stepping on stuff you do not want me to know. Max gave you such a large dosage of me that I can sense you very clear. I think that she had a strong intuition that Red was going to escape. She pulled all her political weight to have Red erased. 

But Red could already influence the KE way before she broke free. She had money and could bribe people, perhaps infect a few of them who already had nano hives. Who knows, but she could get herself not erased with politics and manipulation bribes and stuff like that. I know that because once I taught her about money we always needed large amounts of it. Survival was the only logical use for Red. Anyhow, Red must have had people working for her, otherwise there is no explanation how she got passed chemical seal in the body armors of the knights. Armors that were designed so that they can protect the knights from her influence.

Why did Red blew up that warehouse? I understand Red so she did it partly to get a lot of money. and extend her influence by hiring more people. I think that Red blew up that warehouse because somehow she identified the people she tired to execute as potential threats to her organization.  I do not understand exactly, you will have to talk to officer Max.  The thing you need to understand about Red is that she does not need to actually control people.  When she discovered money she treated it as an extension of her powers as a way to control people without having a single nanite in them. Honestly, I do not know why Red did that it is too confusing for me, she is a lot deeper than me.



Lora texts you >> Athos we need to get out of here, we can talk when we land and are not in danger. Any second we wait can get us killed.
 

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:25:34/10-05-15)
Athos looks at Kynos.  "I think we need to talk to Officer Max.  She seems to be far deeper into this than a mere KE officer.  Cat is telling me that Max might know a lot about the warehouse.  Can you set that up?"

After that, he climbs into the drones and punches the code to seal it after telling Lora that he is in and ready.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:07:33/10-05-15)
"Yey, my favorite haunting from the past. Sure, I'll see what I can do. Let's fly."
Kynos went into the drone without wasting another word.

With a sigh he composed another message to Max: <<Just talked to my boss: Seems like Red orchestrated that warehouse incident. That means he is interested in exchanging information. But only between you and him - no more prisons or interrogation rooms. You might even get to ask him about that Deep Blue - whoever that is.>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (19:07:13/10-05-15)
@Kynos Max replies >> Just for the record I am not the one arresting people and taking them to prison facilities. Deep Blue is yesterday news, she did her damage already. I failed to stop her and it remains to be seen. Kynos, please get out of the prison soon or you may be very late for any meeting. I'll call you tomorrow I am busy now.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:21:56/10-06-15)
The ride is not comfortable, the ambulance auto doc keeps diagnosting you and monitoring you as if you are about to crush all the time. There is no air and the space is cramped barely room to move. It takes two hours but eventually you land in some shady clinic at the outskirts of Seattle. Deep Blue exists her wasp along with 3 knights that pop out from the engine. How can such a tiny helicopter carry so many people you have no idea.

She takes off her helmet, look at her KE outfit and say "I feel so dirty I got to go back to my leather. But before we do we need to clean up"  On the field there is one man, Deep Blue tells him  "Make sure my wasp is clean and painted into different colors. Pulse it several times to kill any surviving nanites, as well as the ambulances."

The man introduces himself as Dave and asks if there is anything else you want purged.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:36:42/10-06-15)
Athos looks at Lora, his expression is business.  Pleasure may or may not come later, but business is first.  At Dave's question he keeps silent, but sends a thought to Cat.  **Can you remain hidden inside me or will they know you are present?  I do not want to purge you.**
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:44:31/10-06-15)
Cat smiles ... "well I am nanites... so purging is going to remove me, but perhaps he can install a hive if you want to keep me..."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:19:19/10-06-15)
"One of us should be enough to carry you around. Even if Red can't infect me with you inside, we might still infect others. We have enough zombies in this city as it is..."
Kynos nodded towards Lora: "Purge away on me."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:18:09/10-06-15)
Athos looks at Dave for a moment then sends a thought to Cat.  **Cat.  I am cybered to almost no essence left.  If this hive requires essence I will not be able to put one in in time to help you.  Can you exist in an exterior hive and would that be a better existence than what you would face otherwise?**
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:46:50/10-06-15)
@Athos cat said "the hive only restore nanites back to normal... I exist all the time in software form. Each nanite inside you is another tiny sensor that I have. External device just feed your body with nanites for me to infect and reprogram. You see if you want to be very technical I am a computer virus, I can exist in comlinks guns computers and many devices but my programming is meant to interact with humans. Kynos is correct we are very dangerous me and Red. Red managed to extend her initial design and do things that she weren't designed to do. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:01:38/10-07-15)
Athos thinks for a bit and moves closer to Dave.  "Dave, I understand that you might have access to a nanohive.  Talk to me about how good you can get.  Rating five perhaps?  I would like to discuss buying one."

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (02:17:26/10-07-15)
Quote
@Nagisa tells you "You are aware that you cannot retire from the family, if you disobey them they will come for you. What can you do about it? How can you leave? Your only option is to stay dead, but you are very distinctive" She smiles "Someone will notice you eventually"

Said tail pokes my lover playfully even as I answer more seriously.  "I really don't know, Nagi.  I'll figure that out when the time comes...IF the time comes.  I just know my heart's no longer in it.  Maybe once I'm with Athos again and we've fixed this mess I'll feel differently.  I doubt it, but maybe."  I look with more certainty at the redhead as I continue.  "What I DO know is that I would die before I place you in any more danger.  Your secrets have always been and will always be safe with me."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (07:21:23/10-07-15)
@Athos Dave has up to level 3, the external system has double maintaince costs due to it being less effective. Also it takes weeks*rating to exchange software on the nanites.

@Minnie Nagisa tells you "it is more simple for me, I can just spend my entire life in here. It is not like I used to go out much and they have the greenhouses that are very nice, it is actually a lot more freedom of movement than what I had. Yet, Strawberry and Mafia won't blend. She took their secrets and they will want her dead if they ever find out. If anyone discover that you knew where I was and did not sell me out you are finished. You understand that better than me by now. I am putting you at risk. Just by seeing you."
She sighs. "Instead of stating the obvious is there anything that you want to do tonight? I prefer not to think about the future I just committed a complete and full betrayal of my life, my previous friends anyone. "

@Maxwell the flight home was a bitch  (you are there with dave) but you made it again. Disappointment and bored and hunting undead seems a lot more attractive than fighting pesky nanites that cannot be perceived. You arrive and happily agree to be purged.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (08:53:49/10-07-15)
Looking down at the ground in frustration he asks himself: "How the fuck did I get infected in the first place?"  Doing his damnedest to recollect when and where he was exposed to the nanites.  "Oh wait nevermind, I remember taking off my helmet to smoke a cigarette.  That probably did it."  Maxwell glances up at Dave and asks: "You certain you got all that shit out of me?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:06:26/10-07-15)
@Maxwell Dave tells you "I do not even know where you've been... I can pass the pulse on you. If you were infected their electronics are fired. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (11:36:24/10-07-15)
@Dave - "You know what to be on the safe side just do it again.  I don't want to run the risk of even one of those things being inside me."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:43:57/10-07-15)
"Eh, it's not to bad. You start hallucinating, it's getting harder to distinguish the voices in your head from your own thoughts until there aren't your own thoughts anymore. Then the only thing you do is exist and watch what your body is doing - but it's ok, you can't move your mouth anymore so there are no screams."
Kynos was shaking his head after the pulse - the implant in his eye was rebooting which for some reason always caused a mild tinitus.
A mild tremble in his arms showed that the reaction enhancers also had restarted.

Kynos was still in this mildly elated mood that followed a successful dance with Death or in this case his little sister Lifelong Incarceration.
"Thanks by the way for the taxi - whoever you are."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:09:48/10-07-15)
@Kynos Deep Blue tells you, "You can call me Deep Blue. No problem about it. You can keep your ambulances if you wish."

@Athos Deep Blue is a bit shocked that you do not want to get purged "These are dangerous I hope you know what you are doing."

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:40:35/10-07-15)
Athos smiles at Kynos as he talks about the nanites.  He does not have the same feelings about them but keeps his mouth closed.  He turns to the technician, "Dave, I will take that rating 3 hive you got.  Please toss in some instructions."

He looks at Lora for a moment, then smiles.  "Lots of things are dangerous, Deep Blue.  Some more than others.  Thank you for the rescue and for the ambulances, although I am not sure what the value of the drone is except to sell it.  I have no drone skills and cannot pilot the thing.  But I may find someone who can."  He pauses.  "I do have questions that you might be able to answer.  Or maybe point me in the right direction for an answer.  Do you have time to chat about what happened at that warehouse and how I can clear my name?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:08:54/10-08-15)
@Athos Deep Blue say "About the ambulances, they are worth quite a bit, 12k if I recall correctly. I doubt you can get that much fencing them tough. Your call I do not mind keeping them if you are in a generous mood.  About talking sure thing... Care to grab something to drink?  
Dave say, I'll have it ready and equipped fro you in two days.

@Maxwell - Dave scans you again for Nanites and say
(OOC: we can wrap up this day if you do not have anything to do in the clinic).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (05:23:48/10-08-15)
Maxwell thanks the man and heads on his way back home, stopping first at the Hilton to pick up his lucky leather jacket.

[spoiler]I don't really have anything else I need to say or do.  So we can call it a day if you like.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:25:10/10-08-15)
Athos nods to Dave.  "I will take it.  May I leave the ambulance here for a bit?  I will send someone up to look it over.  What would it cost to have it painted to not be KE?"

Turning to Lora, he says, "I would love a drink.  I need to go shower the prison smell off, so shall we say the NH bar in a couple of hours?"

Then to Kynos.  "You seem to know this Max.  Can you talk to her about what happened?  I still have my name to clear and a boss to find.  Maybe she can help with that."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:45:14/10-08-15)
"Back in the ADL we were in the same Bundeswehr unit. Shit happened. And yes I'll talk with her, but you should be present. Otherwise the emotional baggage will drag this out unnecessarily.

My next step after that would be finding Venom, knocking him out and than massaging his ribs till he spills what he knows. Afterwards I'll shop around who pays the most for his death."

To Lora Kynos said:
"I was told you were a serious terrorist hell bend on mass murder and puppy kicking. Pleasure to meet you. Here's my fixer's commcode if you need some muscle for other operations. Thanks for the drone. I think I can put this to good use."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:05:39/10-08-15)
@Athos Kynos Maxwell

Lora said " Terrorist is such an ugly word, I prefer professional." She shakes your hand and takes the number of your fixer.  To Athos she said "Sure thing I'll be there."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:10:56/10-09-15)
Athos nods.  "Hmmm.  OK.  Why don't we save Max until tomorrow, then.  See if you can get an appointment.  Do what you can to find this Venom and get him to talk.  You have my code, call me if you need any help."  He nods to Deep Blue and heads down to the street level where he catches a cab to the NH.  In the cab, he sends a quick note to Minnie.  >>Yulia.  It's Athos.  Finally broke out of prison.  Working a couple of leads.  How are you doing?  Are you still with Strawberry or at the hotel?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:11:49/10-09-15)
@Maxwell when you reach home there is a man waiting for you by the door. He is wearing a business suit.  "Sovereign I presume, he say as you approach."
 

@Athos, Deep Blue will already be at the bar of the NH along with a female elf, that is dressed in white and refers to herself as Luna. When you arrive Deep Blue introduces you two and the waiter asks about what drink you are going to order.

In the background there is an open trid with a large box display. There are initial reports of an airstrike in Salish-Shide council territory. There is no formal response from the council about this airstrike but the topic is the center story of the news. Until someone switches to a game of combat biking.
 
@Kynos - (I am a bit foggy as to where you are).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:51:32/10-09-15)
The first thing Kynos did was contacting his army contact. Schwarz, the quartermaster wasn't surprised:
"Hey, Kynos, I heard you have taken on a few extra enemies. Is there something you need?"
"Hi Alfred, na, nothing I can't handle. I'm just on retainer at the moment. Reason I call: I need three mini-grenades, gas with Neuro-Stun, the more concentrated the better. If you don't have it, I'd take the same with Narcoject and DMSO. While you are at it you can add some Pepper Punch grenades."
"Non-lethal stuff? Who are you and what did you do to Kynos?"
"Ha, ha, very funny. Also, I'll come over with a nice piece of full body armor. I need you to take out all the RFID stuff, fit it to my specifications. Get me also those gel-packs."
"Puh, anything else? Until when do you need that stuff?"
"ASAP of course. While you are at it: Plaststeel cuffs a black bag and rope."
"You know that will cost you quite a bit. Last time I checked you still owed Jimmy 30k."
"Yeah, that's why I'm working. And for currency: I'd hoped you'd take a nice little something for payment. An AEROQUIP Dustoff drone - KE colors but already with the correct ownership protocolls. Retail worth 12.000.
What do you say?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (06:04:06/10-09-15)
Maxwell lets out a few raspy coughs, after clearing his throat he replies with: "Maybe I am.  Who wants to know?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:45:24/10-09-15)
Athos arrives back at the hotel and goes to his room, where he showers and changes into clean clothes.  Before going down to the bar, he replaces the bullet he had fired from the Superhawk.  He checks the mirror, pleased at the look.  The Yaks had managed to get his clothes in the right size.  He takes the elevator down to the lobby and walks over to the bar, happy to be able to do so.  The experience in the prison had been strange and a bit unsettling.  **Hey, Cat.  You still there?  Been pretty quiet.** 

In the bar, the trids are tuned to various news channels, all talking about the "incident" in Salish-Sidhe territory.  It is all speculation, but the continuously looped vid shows the airstrikes and the clouds of smoke from the carnage.  When he gets to the table, Athos bows to the Elven woman then sits.  He orders a beer from the waiter and loses interest in the trid shows, barely noticing when they shift to the combat biking.  He is more interested in the company at the table and makes sure that they don't think his attention is elsewhere.  Athos lifts his glass of beer, "Good evening, ladies.  Been one heck of a couple of days.  Cheers."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:29:15/10-09-15)
[spoiler]@Kynos You get 5%* loyalty for drone.  About getting stuff what is the maximal avilability of your shopping list.
[/spoiler]

@Maxwell He said "I am someone that knows you need a place to spend the night. If you want to see morning and someone that may be willing to sell some information about the guy who planted some nasty trap in your house."

@Athos Cat say "Well, I am a bit upset because of the prison being bombed from the sky, people and perhaps Red, the rabbit and Alice. Upset is not the right word, if I saw it coming I know that Red saw it coming and I am terrified with what really happened in there.  I also did some matrix snooping, trying to spot Red in the city. No luck so far. "

Deep Blue say,  "Luna here trades with some very rare commodity. She has some information that might prove useful for you,She knows who wants you killed and has some disturbing information regarding Bruno and Nagisa"
Luna asks you "Would you be interested in such information?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:33:13/10-09-15)
Athos looks closely at the Keeb.  "I would be very interested in such information.  What is your price?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:44:55/10-09-15)
@Luna say "You will have to take one life... " .
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (12:21:50/10-09-15)
Maxwell eyes the business man then the door to his apartment then back to the man.  He lets out a deep groan of anger and exhaustion.  "How do these people keep finding me?  Its not like I advertise where I live."  With a tired voice he responds: "Alright cut the shit and tell me who you are and who you work for.  For all I know their is no trap and you're trying to fool me into going with you.  To lull me into a false sense of security then dust me when i'm not looking."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:45:15/10-09-15)
@Maxwell The guy smiles a hearty smile at you and say:  "Arthur Friend, Nice to meet you!

I was sent by a friend of yours does the name Amy rings any bell?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (12:54:01/10-09-15)
Maxwell looks at the guy with confusion as he tries to remember who that is.  After a few moments he realizes who Arthur is talking about and exclaims: That Brain Eater chick!  Wait a minute that makes no sense.  I thought she was captured or something."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:20:00/10-09-15)
@Maxwell the man say: " She changed employers and now works for EVO, and she sent me to bring you with me. Apperantly you too have a mutual enemy someone she does not want killing you so easily... You should really call her. I am only here to warn you about the bomb."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (14:50:34/10-09-15)
Maxwell's eyes flare up in hatred as he says: "This mutual enemy, his name wouldn't be Venom would it?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (19:10:22/10-09-15)
BEEP!

I groan slightly as I turn a bit in Nagisa's limp arms.  The two of us had ended up just snuggling together on her luxuriously soft queen sized bed.  Neither felt the need for more, but just the reassurance that that comes from long moments in your lover's arms was more than enough for us.  We'd fallen asleep in a heap of nine limbs, happy for the quiet moment together.

BEEP!

Okay, okay already...

Only a handful of people will cause my glasses to actually squeal like that.  All of them i'd be interested in hearing from right now, so i work my way out of Nagisa's embrace.  As usual, she can sleep through a war zone much less a chirping comm.  I blink the sleep out of my eyes as I slip my glasses atop my nose and open up the messaging menu.  Athos' latest message appears before me in the air.

>>Yulia.  It's Athos.  Finally broke out of prison.  Working a couple of leads.  How are you doing?  Are you still with Strawberry or at the hotel?<<

Prison?!?

What the hell?


>>Prison, onii?!?  I need to hear this story.  I am still with Strawberry...sort of.  Our mutual friend who left the party early night before last has been accounted for.  I have leads too, but I'm at a point I wanted to get your take on them before I did things I couldn't take back.  Where are you now?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:10:47/10-10-15)
The man said "Indeed, are you coming? I am parked a few blocks from here."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:35:14/10-10-15)
Athos smiles at Minnie's message, almost seeing the ears droop and the tail swishing.  >>Time for stories later.  Right now I am on the way back to the NH for a shower and change of clothes, then off to follow a lead.  Glad to know both of you are safe.  I was worried.  I am sure there is a story there as well.  I will contact you tomorrow.  Stay safe.<<

At the bar, Athos takes a drink of his beer before responding.  "Tempting, perhaps.  I am not normally an assassin.  But tell me about this kill and I will consider it."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:41:49/10-10-15)
[spoiler]
Contact: 3/3

Drone worth: 1800NY

Gel Packs: 1500NY (Avail. 6)

Neurostun VIII 60NY (Avail 12R)
Neurostun IX  60NY (Avail 13R)
Neurostun X 100NY (Avail 14R)

Pepperpunch 5NY (Avail: -)
Narcoject 50NY (Avail 8R)
DMSO 50NY (Avail 5R)

Gas grenade 40NY (Avail 2+Chem)

Plaststeel cuffs: 50NY (Avail 6R)
Rope:50 NY

Total cost:

3x Gas grenade (Neuro or Narco) 420NY
3x Pepperpunch grenade 135NY
Rope and cuffs 100 NY
Armorer cost 1500+X

2155+X
I don't know what he would ask for making the armor my armor and not recognizable as stolen from KE



[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:01:29/10-10-15)
@Luna eye you carefully "It does not work that way. If I let you know who it is either that person is dead or you are dead. I did my background check and the fact that you are 'dead' is crucial to the success. It is not someone whom you have loyalty to."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:11:50/10-10-15)
Athos chuckles.  "It seems that everyone has a deal to help me out as long as I agree to doing something blind in advance.  OK, so it does not involve killing someone I am loyal too.  Will it make the coming gang war better or worse?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:33:28/10-10-15)
@Athos
Luna said "Well you are hot commodity, now that you are independent. It is not about gangs it is about flowers."
 

Deep Blue comment "Now you understand what my life look like every time I reach a town all the fixers are all over me, trying to get their dirty job done, not letting me to drink at peace. It is quite fascinating not to be the center of attention. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (08:36:06/10-10-15)
Maxwell looks back at his apartment for a moment then turns the other direction saying: "So be it, lead the way."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:02:05/10-10-15)
Athos looks the Keeb over carefully then laughs softly.  "Just about everything in this town involves the gangs.  Flowers, drugs, sex, everything.  One gang or another or some affiliate of a gang.  But sure, I will bite and say I am in."  He looks over to Lora for a moment, "And where do you come into all this?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:24:42/10-10-15)
@Athos Luna tells you, "Her name is Jenifer singer and she sells flowers at council island, at the medicine lodge. She is there any day you cannot miss her, but there is a catch... she should die in Seattle not in NAN territories, this means you will have to get her off council island. " She passes you over a chip and say "This contains anything you should know for your task.  In return I get you a the name of the person that tried to kill your boss and is still actively trying to kill you. "

@Maxwell - The man takes you to a small cargo warehouse by the port. There is a mattress on the floor, he say "Sleep here you will be approached in the morning"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (12:29:25/10-10-15)
Athos takes the chip.  "Do I get to know why she has to die?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:31:51/10-10-15)
@Athos Luna say "Do you REALLY want to know? A wise assassin never asks, knowledge is power but also a burden. Curiosity killed the cat and all that crap. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (12:39:13/10-10-15)
Groggily he takes off the KE armor hes been wearing the entire night and packs it with the helmet next to the mattress.  He also does his best to neatly fold up his jacket he'd been carrying to the side of it as well.  Before heading off to bed he instructs his elemental that was still with him with one more task: "Protect me while I sleep. If anyone tries to kill or harm me then get rid of them."  Maxwell collapses onto the mattress and into sleep.

[spoiler]I'm assuming the sun hasn't risen yet and I still have my spirit.  If not then i'll edit.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:13:57/10-10-15)
Athos smiles.  "I am not your common grade assassin, Luna.  I want to know so I can decide to walk away.  Some things, even my life, are not worth doing the wrong thing for."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:17:45/10-10-15)
@Luna Takes the chip and say "Perhaps it is not meant to be, I'll leave you love birds alone."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:46:44/10-10-15)
Athos closes his hand around the chip, holding it tightly.  "I did not say I would not do it.  I did say I wanted more information.  I am not a thug, no matter what my background.  I am asking for the reason."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:26:20/10-10-15)
@Athos Luna said "Than give me back the chip. It is no big deal, you have morality in  most people it is a good thing. Assassins are different" She sighs, "No hard feelings as you did not look in the file".

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (14:48:26/10-10-15)
Athos shrugs and opens his hand to give the chip back.  "Yes.  No hard feelings.  I guess I am just not your man.  Still, it does not mean we can't be friends."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:02:49/10-10-15)
@Athos Luna say "No, but it means that I am now a very busy woman and the hour is very late, perhaps some other time?" She does not really wait for an answer and just leave. Lora say "I am sorry about that, she asked for a favor and I did not know you well enough to say if you were interested. If she could afford me, I'd do it myself... what was it that you wanted to talk to me about? "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (16:12:39/10-10-15)
Athos looks at Lora.  "Do not worry about it.  There are just some things I will not do, even to save myself.  No, what I was hoping you could tell me is how a very expensive security system was stolen from the KE and placed in that warehouse.  My new friend seems to think that Red set it up.  It also appears that you were doing something for Red at the prison.  The link seems to be you.  Did you have thing to do with that?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:22:16/10-10-15)
@Athos Lora tells you "That is very simple really, when the guards and the prisoners are both controlled long term by Red, they can just unload the system and ship it where ever they wanted. Now the prisoners that could not be controlled are dead, Red was deployed in the ventilation system and everyone of her new minions is getting a nano hive to support her.  She is a raising power and you know, got to adopt with the time, and if making over a hundred murderers model citizens, I'd do it again.

She is a raising power in the criminal world and is already taking over gangs hoping to form a new criminal syndicate, and she pays a lot for results. I believe that she could try to start a war with the Mafia. It will make the Mafia and Yakuza busy and she can claim territories."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (16:44:15/10-10-15)
"So what is my role in this?  I am a made man for the Finigan family.  All I am I owe to them.  If she starts a war with the Mafia I will have to fight her."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:50:04/10-10-15)
@Athos Lora said "You do what you think is good for you but the problem with Red is that you can work for her and never know. I am not loyal to Red, as far as I care if the pay is good we nuke her tomorrow. Tough I think I am going to skip town before the KE close in on me. If Red starts a war with Mafia and Yakuza both of them will lose because the knights are going to get such a large funding and they are going to have the menpower to really crack down on crime. No 'out sourcing' These Syndicates cannot operate without the police tolerating them. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (17:01:20/10-10-15)
Athos looks her up and down.  "I will be sorry to see you go.  Sure you cannot stay?  The KE might be too busy to be looking for you."  He finishes his beer and stands up, holding out his hand.  "If you are leaving that does not give me much time with you.  You are big time and I am small potatoes, so we might never meet again.  Could I interest you in some early morning hijinx followed by room service breakfast in bed?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:51:47/10-11-15)
Kynos ended the call and got back into the drone: <<Hey drone, take me to station 68 - Access KiloHotelRomeoLima2278>>
The take off was a bit disconcerting without a window, but a quick look through the camera feed showed him, that the drone had indeed taken the direct root towards the small military installation, where his contact conducted his not so small black market operation.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:48:30/10-11-15)
@All  The next morning comes quickly quicker than you wish to admit.  Athos spent the night with Lora, what was left of it. Knyos restock on ammunition befroe finally crushing to bed, Minnie was hugged and well snuggled by Nagisa and Max... he was sleeping a lone in a large warehouse near the port.


@Maxwell when you wake up it is late morning and there is a lot of commotion people moving crates, loading them into containers this kind of commotion.  Nobody seems to mind that you sleep there but it is getting impossible to sleep. Amy is nowhere to be found.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (14:41:03/10-11-15)
Athos rouses himself, raising on one arm to look down at the barely stirring Orc.  He sighs and whispers so as not to completely wake the beautiful woman, "It is too bad that you are thinking of leaving.  You are something special."  He slides out of the bed as quietly as possible to avoid waking Lora and heads to the shower.  Letting the hot water soak him, he considers his options.  **Hey, Cat.  You awake?  So, as much as I can tell.  Red is trying to take over part of the city and figures that a gang war between the Yaks and the Family would be a good diversion for the KE and allow her to move in and pick up the pieces.  Am I on track so far?**
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:46:57/10-11-15)
@Athos Cat say "That seems reasonable to me. I wonder how much she can actually control... Mr. Winter is in troubles I think he will lose his job.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:02:03/10-11-15)
The sleep was dreamless - or at least Kynos did not remember dreaming. The bolthole had acquired a certain odór having DemoX crashing there too.

Kynos debated with himself: 'Should I snag Venom or first talk to Max? More info could make that easier, also I need someone with a car. Dragging Venom behind the bike has a certain charm, but since we need him alive to answer questions that might be counterproductive.'

<<Hi Officer Max, do you care for a little confidential meet? As far as I'm concerned it's in the line of preventing that gang war. If you are interested, I'll send you a time and a place and will even treat you to a meal. No traps please. Love Kynos>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (15:02:48/10-11-15)
"Can't you motherfuckers knock it off."  He grumbles to himself while sluggishly shambling out of bed.  Standing upright from the mattress as best his aching muscles would allow.  While also trying to massage the cramps out of his back.  He grabs a hold of his jacket and throws it on and tries to fix himself up for whatever meeting hes about to have.  Since Amy nor Arthur were within sight Maxwell started feeling a bit skeptical about the position he was in.  Slouched over he gloomily begins to walk out of the warehouse to see if his new mysterious friend was waiting outside.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:11:46/10-11-15)
**Not too sure I care a lot about whether or not that KE thug keeps his job, but I am willing to listen to any argument to the contrary.  As it is I still need believable proof of all this and do not seem too close in getting it.  I hope that Kynos is making progress.**
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:18:24/10-11-15)
@Max as you pick your things you spot a burner comlink within your belongings, it was not there when you went to sleep.

@Athos Cat say "It was not a practical concern, though Winter may have access to a lot of data before he loses his job..."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (15:25:40/10-11-15)
Maxwell stops mid-step as he finds the commlink within his pocket.  "Hmmm, whats this?  A burner?  Where is the ON button?"  Once he was done fiddling with it he turns it on and speaks into it.

"Ummmm... Anyone there?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:45:31/10-11-15)
**Hmmm.  You may be right.  Thanks.**

Athos steps from the shower and towels off before going back to the bedroom.  Lora is on her back, still asleep on the bed almost totally uncovered.  He looks down at her for a few moments, almost willing her to wake up and tell him that she had changed her mind and would stay in Seattle.  He sighs, realizing that this is probably not going to happen, but a Troll is allowed to dream, right?  His mind remains unfocused as he gazes at the naked woman on the bed.  She would probably say that her hair is a mess and that he should not be looking at her without makeup on, but he would have to stridently disagree.  No woman besides Minnie had ever stirred his emotions this much.  Minnie is out of reach for someone like him, and so, apparently, is Lora.  He sits on the side of the bed and runs a finger down the sleeping woman's torso before leaning over to kiss her awake.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:51:58/10-11-15)
@Athos Lora wakes softly and say "You know you can always just toss it all away and disappear with me. I will even give you my professional name to throw people off even more."

@Maxwell there is a recorded message on the comlink it is from Amy, but it is a bit odd.

"The snake is playing with a florist named Jenifer in council island she is tall beautiful and blond you really cannot miss her. Go there and buy some Lilium candidum. Try to see if you can lose her tongue "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:40:30/10-11-15)
"Well its a fucking start."  Maxwell tosses the burner on the ground and stomps on it, crushing it into little bits and pieces.  He begins to think of council island and if he knows any flower shops there.  "I've only been there like once.  Do I even remember whats there?"  Maxwell concentrates hard to recall the layout of the area and anything resembling a flower shop.

[spoiler]Area Knowledge - Seattle (http://orokos.com/roll/332881): 8d6t5 5[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (19:49:33/10-11-15)
Athos smiles ruefully.  "If it were that easy, I would not be the man I am.  I guess neither of us would be the person we are.  If I live through this I would love to see you again.  Will you give me a comm code I can use?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (21:13:57/10-11-15)
@Maxwell - this is the nan embassy in Seattle. In addition to one big embassy it has a large area dedicated to totems or many nan nations where people often come to visit and different shamans come to worship.  This is where your florist is most likely present. There is also a nature reserve to the south.

@Athos Lora gives you an encrypted matrix drop point and say "I have no number, already tossed away all my electronics yesterday. I am leaving today.She sighs  I can leave you my bike if you want, something to remember me by."  Her bike is a troll sized Mirage throwback. (No rigger interface or matrix access of any kind).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (21:31:10/10-11-15)
@Kynos - you get a message from Max >> I will meet your friend. Apparently we did kill her yesterday, the bastered planned it all. I think she wanted Winter out of the way - you will be happy to know that I am not sure how long he can keep his position with an entire prison being wiped out of the earth for zero effect.

Your military base contact calls you >>There is an inspection, a real one not the pseudo inspection we have. Some hot shot general arriving to town.  No more apples until things cool down.

@Minnie You awaken to the soft sound of Strawberry saying, "Rise and shine beautiful ladys, there is much to do." Being snuggled, you can feel Nagisa's body responding and you know her well enough to say that she resents it. "Just a minute... "  she answer the door just to meet Strawberry plainly carrying a picnic basket.  "So you and Yulia are going for a picnic?" [color=red]"No silly, we are taking you with us. Just a short while I want to speak to you lovebirds"[/color]



 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (21:44:18/10-11-15)
It had taken some effort to get back to sleep after Athos' call.  My mind was racing with possibilities of what might have gone wrong, and the rest of the night I slept fitfully with troubling dreams.  I wasn't and more ready for a wake up call than Nagisa, and i feel bad that she had to be the one to answer Strawberry at the door.

Picnic?  What time is it?  Where are we going?

I crawl out of bed and pad to join Nagi at the door, covering a big yawn with the tip of my tail as my hands comb my hair back with my fingers.

"A picnic?  What time is it?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (21:48:41/10-11-15)
@Strawberry say "10:30, perfect for a late breakfast. I think that some fresh air will do both of you good." She seats down at the kitchen and waits for you to get ready.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (22:00:52/10-11-15)
All of my clothes, except what I'd worn for two days running, were in the apartment I shared with Athos.  It may as well be the moon right now.  Nagisa is half a foot taller than me, and her pants aren't designed for a tail.  For the moment, I settle on a larger sleep shirt that covered my torso but didn't present a problem for my tail as long as I let it droop low so that it didn't lift the shirt too much behind me.  I'd have to ask about clothes later, but for now it worked and I didn't want to hold up the conversation.  Nagisa was clearly irritated and I did NOT want to add to it.

I was ready about the same time Nagi was and we entered the kitchen together, both curious what my newest friend and possible mentor and  Nagi's new employer had in store for us.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (22:16:48/10-11-15)
@Minnie "I got you covered little mouse said Strawberry, I bet you could use some fresh clothes don't you ?" She said and her perfect smile smiling mysteriously. "Just pick something you like and I'll make the adjustments needed. It will only take a moment."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:24:10/10-11-15)
Athos nods somberly.  "I will remember you always without the bike.  I will take it if you are leaving it.  I will keep the drop point secret.  You know how to get hold of me.  I hope that you remember the Mafia lug that cares a great deal for you.  Send me a note now and then."  Athos gets dressed and orders breakfast delivered to the room.  Afterwards, he kisses her again, grabs the keys to the bike off the dresser, and walks from the suite to his own rooms. 

Once there, Athos surveys his new possessions, but realizes that something is missing.  The rooms are empty of life.  Of Minnie.  He sits on the bed and sends her a text.  >>Minnie.  Had some rest.  Are you still at Strawberry's place?  Can we get together and talk?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (23:37:55/10-11-15)
"Right, its all coming back to me now.  The Medicine Lodge Hollow.  Those hippie shamans and tree worshipers.  A pathetic lot of weaklings.  Jennifer is bound to be there or at least somewhere nearby.  Some new vigor had begun coursing through his veins at the thought of putting an end to this foolishness.  For he will not be able to pursue his true goal of combating the undead threat if he is hounded day and night by some brainless dickless thug.  Maxwell started to shake and stretch his stiff limbs in preparation for the long walk ahead of him.  He walks out of the warehouse leaving his new found armor there until he can return later for it.  And with little more to do he makes his way to the embassy with a menacing gait and a savage smile.

Sometime Later...

It must be high noon or a little past it by the time Maxwell arrives at the embassy.  Although with the way things were it could be more described as a woodland commune than anything else.  Tourists dotted the entire place along with the occasional shaman in their tribal garb.  Great big oak trees and a few flower gardens also surrounded the place.  The greenery did nothing to elate Maxwell but instead infuriated him to no end.  "A powerful flame and strong wind would do this place wonders.  What the hell do these weirdos see in this shit.  I'll ponder that later, gotta find that bitch first."  Maxwell started scanning everyone in the immediate vicinity who matched the description of a tall beautiful blond woman.

[spoiler]Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/332999): 11d6t5 1[/spoiler]

   
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:39:20/10-12-15)
Kynos grinned as he sent a message to Max and Athos:

<<Great. We'll have a virtual meeting, high noon on the MurderDeathKill Host- Haunted house, top level, players lounge. I hope you like gothic horror games. For a game it's pretty realistic, so make sure you went to the toilet before you join>>

Kynos didn't really have much knowledge about matrix meets, but he had played the game for a time when his financial situation had been a lot better. Still, he knew that the gaming host was pretty high level stuff to prevent cheaters having their way.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (20:20:05/10-12-15)
"I got you covered little mouse," said Strawberry.  "I bet you could use some fresh clothes don't you? Just pick something you like and I'll make the adjustments needed. It will only take a moment."  The elf's perfect smile is mysterious.

I look over at Nagisa who just shrugs.  Apparently nothing about the strange woman would surprise her anymore.  I slip back into the bedroom and take a moment to flip through the drawers for a pair of jeans and panties that would be tiny on Nagi, but on me would fit pretty well.  I then move to the drawer I already know to contain sweaters and select a festive red and green design for the season.  It's a bit big on me, but that's no problem for sweaters.  I take off the shirt and slip on the sweater, holding the pants over my arm and knowing that my butt and swiching tail is visible for all to see.

Given the only two seeing it have seen it before, who cares?

As an afterthought I grab a pair of white crew socks  and head back to the kitchen area.

"So, what next?" I ask as I hold up the pants and underwear to my newest friend.

As if to punctuate my words, my glasses, which for once are not on my face having been left on top of the bureau when I changed tops, beeps from the bedroom.  Athos' ringtone!  Leaving the clothes in Strawberry's hands I sprint back to the sound, giving the two ladies behind me quite a sight of my bouncing bum.

>>Minnie.  Had some rest.  Are you still at Strawberry's place?  Can we get together and talk?<<

I put my glasses on and answer as I move more sedately back to the others.

>>I am, Onii.  And I would very much like that.  When and where?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (22:38:52/10-12-15)
@Maxwell the florist is there and she is hard to miss she has a little booth and seems to be making quite a good living as there is a big line for her flowers. People wait in line just to place some flowers next to their favorite totem go figure.

@Minnie It only takes a moment and you can barely notice it, but while you are on the phone with Athos Strawberry gently touches the clothes in your hands and their size adjusts for you, including a bit crude but effective tail modification. Nagisa gets dressed as well but is a bit less open about this than you, and you are set to go if you still wish.

@Kynos Max agrees on a meet but schedule it for noon. You are not sure, but you might have heard suspicious sounds from right outside your doorstep. (Is your place a house or an apartment building?)

@Athos Lora smiles and say “it is either you or the car dealer, either way you like it sweetie.” She then snuggles deep into the soft blankets and tries to get some more sleep. Exhausted after weeks of preparations.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:33:26/10-13-15)
Athos smiles at Minnie's response.  >>I am in my room at the NH.  Meet me there if you can.  I have a meeting with Kynos and a KE officer at noon.  Get this, he set it up as a virtual meeting on the MDK Host.  I wonder if he knows how many hours we have spent there.  I was planning on using my Lord Astarix avatar.  I think he is my highest ranking Vampire Lord there.  I could take a lower powered avatar, I guess, but Astarix is my favorite.  If you want you can come along as sort of security for me in case things go south.  Don't you still have that Master Vampire Hunter that we used for the Death Gauntlet run?  Could be fun.  Anyway, love to see you in person, too, if you can make it over here.  They dropped off lots of things for you, to include a new SIN and some clothes that look like they will fit.  I expect the truck to be delivered today and I just picked up a bike and med evac drone.<<

Finished with the message, he waits for a reply as he starts organizing his things.  The Yak had been true to his word and everything was here.  It was a safe bet that some of it was fit with tracking RFID tags, but it made no sense to worry about that now a she had no real way to find or get rid of them.  Athos spends a while making sure that the guns are clean and in working order and loads the various clips with rounds from the store he had been provided. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (07:46:02/10-13-15)
Once she was found he mumbles to himself in displeasure: "Is there seriously a fucking line for flowers... Goddammit."  He casually walks up to the back of the line to wait for his turn.  Feeling a bit awkward too considering he doesn't look like a guy who would buy flowers and he hasn't showered in awhile either.  It seems to take years before his wait in line was over and he was face-to-face with the pretty florist.  "Oh this explains the line, these people don't want to buy plants.  What they want is to talk to a pretty girl."  Maxwell starts feeling a little more self-conscious but ignores it as he asks: "I'm looking for some Lilium Candium.  Do you have any?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:45:59/10-13-15)
[spoiler]
Kynos has only a bolt hole at the moment. It's an old shipping container next to a scrap heap. Nothing fancy, just really out of the way.

[/spoiler]

Kynos avoided going VR these days, but it seemed less hassle than a meat meet. The login to the MDK host told him, that he had been away over three years. His character - a vampire hunter/slasher hybrid was by all standards outdated and out classed. Combined with his less than stellar hardware he had no illusions about his competitive abilities around here.
That was precisely why he had chosen this class: It was pretty weak in direct combat, but the ability to plan elaborate traps and resurrect after a killing blow didn't need to be strong - only patient.

The players lounge on this particular server was usually empty since getting there forced you to endure an unskipable cut scene followed by some obnoxious adds. Three years and he still knew every syllable Count Tepes spouted in the most cliched attempt of acting he could imagine. This game wasn't popular or known for it's innovative writing.

When he finally reached the lounge - an old Victorian looking smoking room - he let himself fall into a creaking leather chair that matched his own leather coat, hat and mask. Somehow the program allowed him to use a cigar although his mask didn't have a mouth opening.

He waited.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:59:33/10-13-15)
@Maxwell The lady seems  surprised, everybody calls them Madonna lilies. How many do you want? She smiles but it is a cold smile and you can sense that she is very nervous. Once you finally receive your flowers you see that she also handed you a little chip.

@Kynos (and Athos?) Maxenters with a freshly create character, called newbie_827 it has the default choices she probobly did the equivalent of hitting 'next... next next' without reading. She even has the default skin texture and haircut. "Nice looks" She say.

@Minnie Once you are ready Strawberry will take you to a her house above ground. Nagisa is happy like a little girl to see the sun again, she will place a blanket by her favorite tree. It is a big and beautiful tree with many small offerings near it. There are actual flowers, and the garden seems very well nourished. A real gem in a sea of garbage and rundown buildings. "This is my happy place" she say. This is the first time you saw Nagisa happy since she arrived and she helps Strawberry pull out all kind of little cheeses a bottle of wine and some fruits. "So do you like my garden Nagisa?" she asks, and it does not take an expert to say that she does. "Yes very much, I have never seen any place like it" she answers and Strawberry say softly "You can come here whenever you like, but you cannot move more than a few meters from the tree or someone will see you."  Nagisa just lie on the grass near the blanket and looks at the sky.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:17:37/10-13-15)
Maxwell smiles darkly back at her and says: "Thank you kindly."  He walks off away from the booth to a distant tree that doesn't have anybody around.  Using his commlink's chip player he tries to see whats on the chip Jennifer handed him. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (21:50:47/10-13-15)
@Maxwell there appear to be nothing on the chip, but as you place it in your comlink you get a text to your burner
>>You have been authorized as guest the Horizon building.
Your host is Amy White and you have to be with her during your entire visit.
Thank you and have a nice day,

Horizon Security Department.

Attached there is an interactive map, and ARU's for once within the building.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (23:19:24/10-13-15)
Maxwell was busy processing the message and the chain of events that led to this.  So far everything in the past 24 hours felt like a big waste of time.  "Wait let me get this strait, Amy somehow finds out that Venom plants a bomb at my place and sends Arthur to go warn me about.  Then he tells me that she has information regarding him and has me taken to a warehouse to spend the night.  I wake up with a chip in my pocket that gives me a strange message to meet some florist in council island.  I get another  chip from her telling me to go fucking downtown!  Thats like a four hour walk from here."  Maxwell's hands clench into fists and the muscles in his arms start to tense up in anger.  Exhaling a deep heavy sigh he shrugs and looks over the map attached with the message.  Once he was certain of where to go he lets out a ragged cough of frustration.  He glances back over at Jennifer's location and a smile briefly appears before transforming into a mask of dissatisfaction.  He sets off on the really long stride ahead of him.

Roughly Four Hours Later...

The sun had started to set and pangs of hunger had begun wracking his stomach with a dull pain.  Cold winds blew and tossed Maxwell's hair around from side to side.  He was used to the feeling of ravenous hunger and chilled flesh, but still despised it none the less.  He zipped up his jacket and dug his hands into his pockets for warmth.  With every step he takes he feels daggers of ice sink into him.  Normally the cold weather wouldn't faze him but being tired, hungry, and angry has made him a little less resistant.  It wasn't too much longer before he happened upon the Horizon building.  With murmured discontent he says: "Lets put an end to this scavenger hunt."  He glances from side to side not looking for anything in particular but mostly out of paranoia.  Not wanting to spend anymore time outside he heads into the department. 

The glass doors slide open and Maxwell is greeted by a pair of guards and a receptionist behind the front desk.  They ask him what his business here is and he responds in a gloomy gravelly voice: "I'm here to see a miss Amy White.  I have a uhh meeting with her."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:09:08/10-14-15)
Athos logs onto the game server at eleven.  He wants to check the place out and look at some of the leader boards.  He and Minnie had swapped top and second spot for nearly four months straight about a year ago.  Since then, they had slipped some, but were still ranked in the top ten.  Lord Astarix is his favorite avatar in the game; a tall and handsome vampire with almost three score "minions", or other player avatars, swearing allegiance to him.  There was little the suave vampire could not do and he spent most of his time helping his minions advance themselves through the various story lines.  In a sort of odd dichotomy, Minnie's, Vampire Hunter was his main antagonist and closest friend.  Astarix managed to remain patient through the long and mandatory opening cut scenes.  It was a common source of discontent with the gamers, but it did serve to keep the rif raf away.  He looked around the mansion that was the home for his game family, which consisted of various classes of avatar, not all of whom were vampires.  After taking care of various periodic bookkeeping chores required of each House Master, Astarix greeted the handful of minions that were online and then moved over to the Lounge, a common meeting area for in-game avatars. 

The Victorian atmosphere suited the game mechanics well.  Astarix noticed only four other avatars in the room; a pair of female vampires were snuggling in one corner, probably involved in some ERP, an older style Hunter/Slasher hybrid class in a chair and some brand new quick-play avatar.  A quick perusal reveals that the H/S is pretty old-school, with none of the newer add-ons or new equipment, but he was far better equipped than the quick-play avatar was.  She had not even passed the initial rituals that would give her one of the essential classes to play.  In comparison, if the others were interested, Astarix was tricked out with some of the very best equipment offered in the game, all of it enchanted with strong magic and only available to those who had won some of the championship runs that popped up every now and then.   The H/S at least seems comfortable in the chair so should be Kynos.  The other seemed to barely even know her way around the room, and probably did not know of the secret rooms and corridors available to those of certain ranks. 

Astarix takes a tall fluted glass from the tray of a roaming lounge servant and sips the blood red liquid as he approaches the H/S and the other.  "Welcome and good afternoon.  I thank you, sir, for suggesting this venue for the meeting."  The VL avatar bows low to both of them.   "Now should we get down to business?  Here I am Lord Astarix, House Master of the Dark Nine, and one of the sitting councilors on the Coven."  Astarix waves his hand and small boxes open for each of the other two to elect to join him in a private chat session.  "We should be able to talk freely here.  I am assuming that the Newbie_827 is Officer Max.  Can you shed any light on what is going on?  I am particularly interested in getting proof that I did not try to assassinate my boss and a Yak boss during a meeting in a warehouse I was sent to purchase.  The building is scrap, I am in hiding, and so is my boss.  I would owe a rather large favor to you if you can help."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:48:26/10-14-15)
"Athos?" Kynos' voice showed a certain amount of mirth. "Damn, how can a mafia soldier have so much time to build a whole vampire empire in VR? I started playing when I was in intensive care for three months. Incidentally, never take the "Cellar of the Broken Mind" quest with a Hunter/Slasher hybrid. Some fragger laced that thing with BTL fear and Link-Lock. Normally if you are paralyzed with fear and killed by the burning clown spider you are sent back to the lobby. But if you are a slasher hybrid, you just fall down without dying. I spent 24 hours there getting killed again and again. I'm pretty sure that can't be healthy for your brain."

He turned to Max: "Ah, I get you are no connoisseur of silly VR games. Welcome all the same. As you see, we are both quite able and willing to help with an ongoing investigation - provided we aren't treated like criminals." He laughed, although his avatar made it sound menacing.
"Maybe we can rehash what we know so far:
My employer here was - standing in for his boss - interested in buying the warehouse  from a man of Japanese descent - both alleged associates of a local, quite influential business group.
While they visited the warehouse, the door closed itself sealing both men and their entourage in. To their dismay they discovered shaped charges inside the fresh drywall - as we know now this system was stolen from a secure KE facility.
They barely escaped by punching a hole through one of the walls.
Suspects involved in this assassination attempt are the AI known as RED from whose abode the security system was removed and an individual called Venom, who used the warehouse previous to the sale to store a number of illegal military ordinances.

Anything I got wrong or should know so far?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:25:52/10-14-15)
Astarix laughs.  "I love it here.  I make time to play.  And you must have been away for a while.  That bug in "Broken Mind" was fixed about a year ago.  But, yeah, there are some fraggers out there who just have to mess with the programming.  We should do a run some time to get your gear upgraded.  And perhaps you could give some advice on the H/S class.  I have never really tried a hybrid, but some seem to do quite well."  The vampire lord avatar turns to the Newbie.  "You, too, officer.  This is a great way to relax and I would be happy to show you around."

"My associate here has it pretty much right.  And I, too, would like to know what you can add and what I would have to do to get it.  I would normally not even contemplate cooperating with the law, but strange times make for strange bedfellows, as it were.  And these are strange times, indeed."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (14:37:10/10-14-15)
The time outside with Strawberry and Nagisa had been lovely, in many ways even more fulfilling than the time I spent in the dream with Nagi.  This time it had been real.

It looks like Nagi is starting to accept the idea of living here, which is nice.  I envy her in a lot of ways, even more now than ever.  She doesn't have to worry about the outside world anymore.  At least not except as a job.

Me, on the other hand, I still very much have the world on my shoulders.  And like Atlas, I groaned when my glasses beeped to warn me that it was 11am and that I'd best start looking in on Athos in the game.  I'me sure he'd be there early, and despite the Noon schedule a lot would be discussed before the official start.

Unlike Athos, I am entirely AR but with my reflexes, the glasses, and AR gloves, it's never hobbled me much.  I keep up with VR players with little trouble.  No, I rule over most VR players with no sweat at all.

Mouse's blessing has some surprising advantages, I muse with a smile.

With a little help from Nagisa, I'm able to access the matrix with no trace of where I am accessing from.  As long as I am using my glasses here in Strawberry's domain, my source on the 'trix will be nigh invisible.  It was the first of many tricks Nagisa will be bringing to Strawberry's service.  Even M seems impressed, which isn't an easy feat.

Walking down the corridor from House main door to the lounge, I note some changes that came with recent updates.  Nothing major, just some different textures for the candelabras, a change in color palette for the flooring.  I nod to the House staff, NPCs all, as I walk by.  A mirror catches my eye and I can see myself.

In the game I am tall, almost two meters, with strong arms and legs and well-muscled thighs that flash from the slits in my short black skirt.  My hair is black, and like in meatspace flows well down my back, swishing this way and that with my hips.  Those strands of hair that fall to my front detour along my chest to make way for my ample breasts barely held in check by the ebony bodice that pushes my assets up for easy inspection yet is flexible enough to permit me ease of movement when removing yet another vampire from existence.  At my side are my signature enchanted mahogany swords and daggers, special items created just for me after Astarix and I joined forces to win a game-level contest with a custom item as the reward.  Only slightly less powerful, magic-wise at least, is the compound bow built to my size and exceptional strength and the quiver of steel-tipped mahogany arrows slung over my back.

With the occasional exception of Astarix, there are few vampires in the game that can stand my focused attention.  Or for than matter, non-vampires.

I enter the lounge to see Astarix and two others I do not recognize speaking within a privacy field.  Taking stock of the room in case there are any surprises, I saunter toward the others, enjoying the effect my appearance has during initial introductions...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:40:13/10-14-15)
@Athos Kynos and Minnie  Max say "I do not play matrix games, my cult forbids it. Your assertions are about right, I will add what I know. There is conspiracy, a secret society that spans many organizations countries and cities. I have been following them for years and my entire cult is dedicated to fighting these guys. They are called, ANZ or  Alliance of New Zion. Venom, Red and many others are part of it. They use subtle methods, nothing quite high profile as an assassination attempt. It took the new Bresleves a lot of time to prove their existence we started with nothing more than a vague prophecy and over the years we gradually managed to map this organization.

Something changed recently, Venom is attracting as much attention to himself as he possibly can. Red manipulates the KE to bombard her prison and performed a high profile escape. I believe that for the first time in their history ANZ are about to take over a city, THIS city and with their methods, I am not sure that we will even notice the change.

Now your specific problems are smaller - but you need to understand whose pool you are pissing in.  The more you dig into this warehouse the more it will be clear that it wasn't you. I know who placed the explosives in there, it is the leader of the Red Hot Nukes Gerald. The problem is, he does not know that he did that, Cat verified that. This is as far as I go, they can somehow make Gerald do stuff without him knowing that he is being manipulated.  I scouted many universities and corps that were only half cooperative, nobody confirmed a technological or magical method of doing this.

So either Gerald has an identical twin he does not know anything about and has the same technical expertise or ANZ has some cutting edge technology or a new spell. It is not unheard of because Red itself is a technology that the KE do not admit creating and she stretches the realm of technologically possible. I believe that whoever created Red really was ANZ and that their superior technology was used. Red is significantly more advanced than other AI's the KE created. It almost as if she was not made by the same people.

Initially I thought that it was Red. She comes close to that kind of skill but is not capable of such a strong manipulation. She can control people and put them on autopilot behaving normal and not knowing that anything is wrong. But her nanites are visible in these people, and once removed - they become aware of everything. The other option is that Gerald has an identical twin down to the DNA, and that twin has the same expertise as him. Personally I believe that it is the ANS."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:23:19/10-14-15)
@Maxwell Amy White comes to meet you but it is not the decker girl you met the other day.  Some other woman, a good looking elf with dark hair and a distinctive moon tattoo on her right shoulder. "Flowers? You shouldn't have... Come loverboy we have a lot to discuss."  She say.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:23:40/10-14-15)
"Oh great. Alliance of New Zion? You honestly want to tell me this is some kind of Jewish World Conspiracy? But o.k. whatever.
There are quite a lot of things that can control a man. Magic, drugs, post hypnotic orders, BTL induced somnabulism, possession or plain old black mail. In the end it's not very important how but who.

If they are making a play for power and are stiring up trouble the movers and shakers will probably be found somewhere in city government and KE. Create enough fear and people will tolerate almost every reduction of their freedom.

You know politics better than me: Who is the next in line for command after the current commander has been outed as an incompetent twat? Likewise, who will succeed the mayor if the current one ends up dead?"

Kynos turned to Athos: "There's another hunter out there sculking around. Is that one of yours?"

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (16:55:22/10-14-15)
A feeling of confusion surges throughout Maxwell's brain as he sees the elf lady.  He struggles to say something clever but gives up as soon as she speaks.  Skeptically he says: "You're not who I was expecting.  And yeah we do have a lot to talk about.  Maxwell shakes his head in irritation, letting his hair fall in front of his face then running his hand along the top of his head to push everything back in place.  He looks back up at the woman and motions with his left hand forwardly and says: "After you."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:39:30/10-14-15)
I accept the proffered chat request as I approach the conversing men, just in time to hear my introduction.

"There's another hunter out there sculking around. Is that one of yours?"

The speaker is a male human, a hunter/slasher hybrid by the looks of it.  He looks agitated, but I have no idea the details of it.  Astarix is clearly relaxed around him, though, so while I maintain vigilance I don't present overtly on guard.  Rather than answer the rude question in words, or permit Astarix to do so, I continue my slow sashay until I stand before my friend's rather dashing avatar.  In the game he's only a head taller than I am.  I slip my right hand behind his neck and draw him down for a kiss, as always taking care NOT to permit my lips open more than a fraction of a centimeter - he IS a vampire after all!

Several seconds later we separate and I grin up at him before backing away to look back at the others again.  "So, what'd I miss?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:18:23/10-15-15)
Astarix shakes his head as he sips from his flute.  "So I still have heard nothing that will get me back on track in the Family or find my boss.  All this ANZ stuff is fine, but what can I do to stop it?  Am I to abandon all of my life's ambitions to work with the authorities?  And this Gerald; I have spoken to him and he seemed normal to me."

He turns to see the experienced VH approach.  He could never get tired of watching Minnie's avatar.  She had spent lots of in-game funds on the special body sculpting and the effect was worth it.  After the close kiss he turns to face Kynos.  "Minion?  Hardly.  Partner is more like it.  We mesh well together.  She is single classed Master Vampire Hunter and might be able to show you some things if you are interested."

Astarix turns back to Newbie_827.  "So, what advice do you have?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:05:31/10-15-15)
@Minnie Athos Kynos Max say ANZ is the name we invented for them. We have no reason to think they are Jewish. It is just that things without a name are difficult to perceive. But when other people see randomness we see manipulation and loaded dice.  One of their brilliant idea is having no name and no handle. It is just the ridiculous amounts of money that certain individuals suddenly have that give concrete evidence to their existence.
 
To Kynos next year is election year but that would be the vice Ralph Page.

To Athos: I can show you the video showing Gerald do that. Add to that the skills and expertise  that are required to remove and carry active explosives over hundred of miles and than putting it all together, there is just one person capable in the shadows.  The legendary demolition man, non of the others is even insane enough to try it and I have camera feeds that place him at the warehouse and at the prison. The man has lost a few marbles, his entire building became a fortress and he is terrified of what he apparently did but has no knowledge of doing.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:19:56/10-15-15)
Astarix nods.  "So may I have the video to show to my superiors?  But even that does not prove who is behind the plot.  It is nearly the perfect crime when the perpetrator does not know he did the thing."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (08:54:18/10-15-15)
Standing beside Astarix, I simply listen and watch the others. Clearly a lot has happened while I've been on my own.  Doubtless after the others leave Athos will explain what doesn't make sense to me right now.  In the meantime, I use my 'social skills' to get a good sense of those Athos is now working with.  Whenever the opportunity presents itself, I flirt in order to throw the new faces off balance and get to see their reactions beneath their facades.

[spoiler]Seduction: Flirting with Kynos and Max: 13d6t5: 4 [13d6t5=4, 2, 4, 5, 1, 1, 2, 6, 4, 5, 1, 5, 2] (http://orokos.com/roll/333694)[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:28:27/10-15-15)
[spoiler]
Composure (http://orokos.com/roll/333696): 9d6t5 1
[/spoiler]

Kynos acknoledged Minnies presence with a smile. Unfortunately his mask wasn't meant to show any emotion at all and the distortion effect to his voice gave the friendly meant "Hello and welcome!" a somehow menacing and creepy vibe.
But he did give her a quick recap of the aforementioned events. Than he turned to Max and Athos:
"Ok, I understand. So following the money would be the best solution to both your problems, am I right?
I plan to catch up with Venom and have a serious talk somewhere privat. If you want you can get in on that action. I am pretty confident, that I can get him to tell me who his contact is. All I need is someone with a reliable method of transport."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:58:09/10-15-15)
Everyone but Mulcarn: Max shares the video with you but shortly after her avatar just freeze and stops responding. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:01:06/10-15-15)
@Maxwell - The lady takes you to a spacious office at the top floor of the building. A corner  office with city view. "The chip" she say, " We need to see whats on it... I do not like being dragged around town in a wild goose chase any more than you." Said (the wrong) Amy.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (14:59:49/10-15-15)
Maxwell was busy looking out the window when he heard her speak.  Turning around to face her with a sullen look he says: "Only if you tell me whats going here.  Who are you?  You're not the Amy I was expecting and I was led to believe that someone here would have some information regarding Venom and that supposed bomb at my place."  He reaches into his pocket to pull out the chip, holding it close to his angered face.  "If I was just duped into playing errand boy then I have half a mind to just smash this thing."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:08:54/10-15-15)
"OH COME ON." Kynos poked Max' unmoving avatar. "Don't tell me some fragger got to your meat."
He turned to Athos: "Well, shit. That looks like dumpshock. That was a quick meeting. So, you onboard catching Venom?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:05:25/10-15-15)
@Maxwell Amy White tells you, I am a decker a security expert. My contact at the shadow, a decker named Blue Vixen have sent me in goose chase after all sort of unrelated things. I brought her some hardware garbage from the brain eaters and this kind of drecks, stuff so ancient it is from decades ago not even optical computers.

She said that you will have answers with you when you come, so I assume it is the chip because you seem just as clueless as me. She then slot the chip in the trid projector and you see an hologram of the right Amy.

"If you are seeing this it means that I am in some very deep shit, I was taken by a vampire called Damian Grail. Apparently he is up to no good he has me doing some really fucked up shit and threatens to infect me and make me murder anyone I ever loved if I refused. Damian wants to assassinate the vice mayor and I am helping him. In the following bank account there is money that was already taxed and is ready to use, use it to hire people to rescue me.

The next 3 hours are going to be technical I am going to teach you how to build a comlink. The brain eaters have built an alternative matrix.  The original matrix is very dangerous these days, there is something new in there some killer AI that kills deckers that ask a specific kind of questions, I helped create it for Damian but it was upgraded far beyond my capabilities when I was not with Damian.

About Venom, he sucks up to Damian so badly, he begs him to turn him that sadistic fuck, he tortured me. What is a punishment for me is a reward for Venom. Damian practically owes him."

The next 3 hours are indeed very technical but at the end of them you have a very primitive comlink that is functional, sort of there is no video/trid, just low quality audio.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:22:57/10-15-15)
@Athos Minnie, Kynos not just max is frozen, every avatar in the game seems frozen. Then completely out of theme cartoon mice swarm your avatars and try to nibble them. You can fight the mice, but there are so many of them to even begin.

[spoiler]
Data spike (http://orokos.com/roll/333776): 3#16d6t5 5 4 5
Athos roll firewall + willpower against 5 hits. (damage is 8+ net hits.  You will also suffer biofeedback. physical if you hot sim, stun if you don't)
Kynos against 4 hits damage goes to matrix + biofeedback (8 again).
Minnie 5 hits - damage
[/spoiler]

@Kynos You get a message from Max >> I am okay I was ARing, but my expensive link is fried. Get out of there NOW, it fired me within a single strike. I think it followed me in the server, I am not sure difficult to say now. 
Sadly her message is just a tad too late.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:47:52/10-15-15)
[spoiler]
I go to full matrix defense:
Int 6 + Firewall 5 + Willpower 5
Defense Data Spike (http://orokos.com/roll/333782): 16d6t5 7 [16d6t5=5, 4, 1, 5, 6, 3, 5, 4, 5, 4, 2, 6, 4, 5, 3, 4]
Back to sender
Next action: Switch Interface Mode.
I didn't get damaged, so I should not be link locked.

[/spoiler]

Kynos' avatar calmly stood up and stepped onto the chair, giving the command to change back to AR. "Lock out, both of you."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (16:49:46/10-15-15)
Maxwell's expression at the hologram message turns from frustration to perplexed.  The gears within his head slowly turn as he takes in all this new information.  He begins to pace slightly, rubbing the back of his skull as if he could massage his brain into processing faster.  "So this is where the black path has taken me."  Once he was finally done thinking he speaks to the elf saying: "Alright this answers a few questions but raises a legion of new ones.  The first one being is what does a vampire hope to gain by killing the vice mayor?  Why does he need a master decker?  How did Amy get tangled up with him in the first place?  How does this Damian Grail know Venom?  And how do you fight an A.I. that's been created and upgraded to kill anyone who asks the wrong questions?  Maxwell stops himself when he hears that hes rambling on endlessly. 

After a few brief moments he asks the most important question.  "Why me, what do I have to do with any of this?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:03:34/10-15-15)
@Maxwell Amy White tells you, "Sorry for background checking but Venom has a prize on your head, so you must be on the outside circle... me? Because Blue Vixen and I go long back and she knows that I am loyal.  I have no idea how these two assholes met, EvilAsshole.com perhaps? The part of the vice mayor makes no sense to me... why not kill the mayor or blackmail him for all I care. Killing is a bit drastic, more of a statement than a practical method."


Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:21:13/10-15-15)
@Amy White - Maxwell annoyedly responds with: "Does everyone know about that damned bounty!"  He pauses for several seconds to cool down before continuing on.  "Makes no difference, I now have two reasons to kill Venom.  Also I believe that vampire is responsible for the undead haunting the barrens at night.  I don't really have any hard evidence to that other than a strong hunch.  And how much money is on that bank account?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (23:59:47/10-15-15)
@Maxwell "It is plastered in shadow forums, it is hard to miss. It is not high so the high caliber assassins are at bay, but for a decker this is a piece of cake. There is 20k on that account, I did not shadow work for a while now, what can you do with this kind of money?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (00:36:52/10-16-15)
Maxwell starts grinning devilishly at Amy's question.  Trying not to sound too mischievous he replies with: "Well I can do one of two things with that kind of money.  The first would be to purchase a nice magical focus for myself.  The second and more responsible option is to take that money to a friend I know and see if I can hire a band of cutthroat mercenaries to help me take down Venom and Damian Grail."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:46:27/10-16-15)
Astarix manages to tell Kynos that he will have a van delivered to the NH later today and that he is definitely in for the Venom mission when the mice invade the Lounge.  The powerful VL waves a hand at the mice, laughing.  "Idiot hacker.  Does he not realize that rats and mice are dedicated to one such as I?" 

[spoiler]Defending:  Defend against matrix attack, using edge (http://orokos.com/roll/333916): 14d6t5 5  reroll misses:  Reroll misses (http://orokos.com/roll/333917): 9d6t5 1  6 hits total.  No damage.[/spoiler]

The mice near Astarix race back away from the anger of their lord.  He bows to the others and says, "Well now.  I think it is time to depart.  It has been enjoyable.  I will call you when the van is delivered."  The Vampire Lord waves at the others, twirls his cape about him and disappears in a puff of smoke.  The effect is a bit cheesy, but he loves it.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:31:42/10-16-15)
@Maxwell Amy White tells you "I can try and pinpoint that Venom... the way I see it, if we can pinpoint him we find Damian after all all this 'sucking up' requires either comlink communication or real communication. I'll also lookup that Damian guy, a Vampire in Seattle is completely illegal and there is a fat bounty, I think 20k perhaps more for powerful individuals. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:13:36/10-16-15)
@all thiuse of you that stayed long enough could see the massive number of ghosts that attack the cartoon mice. Very tight security. Whomever did that to you seems to have some troubles of their own.


@Minnie you are not completely concentrated at the picnic but you can see that Nagisa and Strawberry are deep in a conversation it is no smalltalk because Nagisa is grave serious despite placing her head in the Strawberry's lap. What catches your attention is the mentioning of a name....Venom. Strawberry said that he was sepoused to leave town but did not.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:03:27/10-16-15)
Kynos awoke into AR and quickly rebooted before contacting Athos and Max and Minnie normally per text:
<<Ok, seems like there is indeed a certain amount of conspiracy going on. Athos, can Cat say who our attacker was? If it was Red that AI just made it onto my shit list. I've got everything we need to reel Venom in. What would you prefer - going into that bar and asking pointed questions for him or laying a trap. I think I made an impression on him the last time I contacted him. I'd guess he would be eager to meet me again to extend the same courtesies I gave him.
And Max, are you with us on that?>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (09:13:48/10-16-15)
@Amy White - "That works for me and in the meantime i'm gonna see a contact of mine who'd also like to see Venom's head mounted on a spike.  Also my place is trapped and most likely wired to explode.  Can you fix that?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:11:23/10-16-15)
@Maxwell Amy white tells you " I think you need a new place too many people know of your old one. If you want to take your things the red hot nukes are the only people to do it for you no questions asked. Chances are one of them is the one to put the bomb in its place in the first place. They are the only gang where every member can handle explosives to some degree.

@Kynos Max say " Me and NBM are behind you. I want to find Venom and shake him a little bit see whats falls off. I need to know who he works for."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (15:50:51/10-16-15)
Maxwell grumbles and grunts in displeasure before saying: "Yeah fuck you're probably right.  Which is a damn shame because I have a two month deposit in that apartment.  Here i'll give you my number in case we need to do stuff later."  He gives her his comm code then texts his fixer.

@Prop Joe - <<Hey Joe I need you to talk to the Red Hot Nukes for me.  My place was trapped with explosives and I don't think I can go back there anymore.  Hire them on my behalf to go that shitty apartment complex you know where I live at and go to my place and pick up all my stuff there.  Have them pack it all up and drop it off at an establishment known as The Joke.  There is also a warehouse not too far from council island that has some KE armor that I came across recently.  Have one of the Nukes go there and pick it up and drop it off with the rest of my stuff.  I'll pay you 2000 if you broker this deal and i'll give the Nukes 5000 if they do this for me.  I'll also attach a map to that warehouse and my apartment.  A map with detailed instructions is also attached with the message.

Maxwell sighs heavily at the thought of losing all the wealth he has acquired recently and decides its a good time to get drunk.  Turning to face Amy he says:  "I hate to impose but i'd rather not walk for another 6 hours just to get a drink.  So any chance you could give me a ride to to this bar called The Joke, its in the barrens."

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:08:02/10-16-15)
@Maxwell Amy say " A ride ride? no way I am not leaving the building, I got a good autopilot that can drop you there." Indeed her bike takes you to your destination with ease.

Your fixer say >> sure thing consider it done. I managed to reduce the nukes to 3k so you keep the change.  You are not the one to negotiate it is good that you used me. Your apartment has been cleaned your armor is picked and items will be delivered. Do you want me to buy your lease ? I can probobly rerent your place in a few hours. I'll pay you 80% if you like.

When you enter the Joke Strawberry approaches you and say "Just the kind of guy I wanted to meet. Remember you offering to *kill* a certain someone for me...?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:09:31/10-16-15)
@Prop Joe - <<Yeah that sounds great.  I payed 3200 for a two month lease so if I can get a fraction of that then I won't be as fucked as I thought i'd be.>>

As he arrives at the bar that pretty red-haired elf greets him and reminds him of his blunder when they first met.  In response to her question he says: Thats kinda part of the reason as to why i'm here.  You may want to take a seat somewhere because this might take awhile."

Maxwell tells her everything that has transpired in the past few days.  From Ivory Tower's job to his business at the Horizon Security Department.  Recounting to the best of his ability every detail of these past events.  He was out of breath and coughing when he finished his long-ass story.  Once he regained some air in his lungs he said: "Sorry if most of that doesn't sound right, a lot has happened since our first meeting.  I'm loathe to burden you with all of this but you're the only person I know who has had dealings with Venom and also has no love for him either.  I don't have a place to stay so would you mind if I crash here for awhile or at least until I find somewhere else to live?"

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:03:31/10-17-15)
@Maxwell Strawberry say "I can make you disappear but I need his ass placed on that plane to Tokyo.  His family is very upset because he disappeared as he was on the way to the airport. His family is already expecting him in Tokyo and they grow more suspicious every day. If anything happens to him we will miss him because their interference here is going to be much worse than one no good trouble maker."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (02:21:25/10-17-15)
@Strawberry - Maxwell flares up in irritation and responds annoyedly with: "The man tries to kill me three times and you want to send him on a vacation home, figures.  Besides I doubt that's even a possibility now.  Hes trafficking with a vampire who plots to overtake the city in a vain attempt to be turned as well.  Meanwhile torturing a friend of mine just for the hell of it.  Hes a pile of trash not a trouble maker, and I should have killed him when I had the chance.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (06:49:15/10-17-15)
Athos is disappointed to have shed his alter-ego, but real life does come first.  He responds to Kynos' question.  >>Let me check.  Yulia, did you get out alright?  And I like the idea of setting a trap, but am pissed off enough now that I would not bashing a few heads.  Your call on this one."  He sends a thought to Cat.  **Hey, friend, can you tell who was sending the mice after us in the game host?**
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:37:27/10-17-15)
Kynos replied: <<Ok, so let's just walk into that bar and see if we can stir up trouble. If he's not there or we don't learn where he is, you can tell them where to find me - the old junkyard where we first met.
Let's meet at the bar at 1800h, have the van ready. I'll bring the pepper punch>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:36:14/10-17-15)
Athos replies, >>Sure.  I can be there for that.  Send the address.  I will try to work something out with Yulia for some support.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:38:53/10-17-15)
Kynos sent the address and made himself ready to once more drive into Yak territory. He didn't have much hope of catching Venom there. That guy hadn't looked like someone who stayed around if the climate got tough.
He stopped his bike a good 100m from the bar away and hid it behind some rubble and rubbish. The new armor was only partially hidden by this long coat, but the helmet was nice. Schwarz had done excellent work with it. Especially the environmental seal would come in handy. He had taken off the helmet while he walked towards the bar, stashing it in the bag together with his rifle.
He looked around before sending a short message to Max and Athos: <<I'm down the road in front of the bar. I'll send you a life feed from my camera, be ready to catch anyone trying to flee.>>
After waiting for the reply, he made his way towards the bar.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:09:11/10-17-15)
@Maxwell Strawberry say "Yes put on a plane, untouched undisturbed or interrogated and sent back to Japan. This was the deal I made with his dad. In exchange the Japanese Yaks will not send another overseer on their behalf and I do not have a childish brute to keep out of harms way. Because he is too important to face consequences.

As much as I care he can be the date of the Devil, he still get to go home because I do not need the international syndicate messing with my affairs."

(If Maxwell knows anything about economics, it is a bit suspicious that a simple pub owner has this kind of connections.)
 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:39:35/10-17-15)
@Athos cat say "This is the Dormouse and he seem to be having a nightmare he is not usually like that. He was created by the same people that created me. He is fed data from a massive network of hidden spies in large portions of the matrix and when it's data analysis algorithms perceive a threat the Dormouse is awaken and neutralize the threat. A moment he is here and the other moment he is on the other side of the world, he is not based on nanites and finds the idea of a physical body repulsive.

Unlike me and Red, despite his massive firepower I wouldn't call him intelligent or even self-aware, he is an older design that acts like a global IC. He was designed over 50 years ago for the previous matrix. You could say that he is my grandfather programming wise."


@Kynos You draw a lot of attention when you enter the Joke. The silence is tense until after a moment that last forever somebody claps his hands. Then they all join, one of the Yaks say "A round of drinks to honor the insane hero that stuck it to Venom." To say the least you are a bit surprised, but you seem to be the most popular guy in that establishment. The only one that does not share the admiration is a very pretty ginger elf. You think you have seen her before, she went out of the joked when you put that asshole to sleep.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (17:03:18/10-17-15)
Quote
@Minnie you are not completely concentrated at the picnic but you can see that Nagisa and Strawberry are deep in a conversation it is no smalltalk because Nagisa is grave serious despite

placing her head in the Strawberry's lap. What catches your attention is the mentioning of a name....Venom. Strawberry said that he was sepoused to leave town but did not.

"MICE!"

It's hard not to react to the thousands of electrinic rodents as if they are really crawling all over me despite the fact that since I'm just in AR using my glasses and gloves, they have no impact on me really.  I keep most of my body under control, but my tail is a study in agitation.  And yes, I cried out.

"Yulia!" I hear more than see Nagi's concerned.  Although I could focus past my glasses and see her, I remain focused on the game.  Although not for long.  I try to get a message to Astarix but before I can, my glasses blink out.  I try to reboot...to no avail.

When I refocus my eyes, Nagisa has risen from Strawberry's lap and is standing before me, her face worried.  Strawberry never rose, but her own face is curious too.  I smile to reassure my girlfriend and new mentor.

"I'm fine, but I think my glasses are toast."  I remove the article in question from my face and hand them over to Nagi.  If anyone could figure out how to recover them, it would be her.  "One minute I was standing with Athos' avatar Astarix and his two new associates, the next we were covered with mice and then my glasses died.  I think it was some kind of attack, but for all I know it was my luck with computers.  You know me, Nagisa," I add with a grimace.  "If you can use it, I will break it just by touching it."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:17:40/10-17-15)
Nagisa say "Definitely bricked... You missed quite a bit of drama, Strawberry apologized for kidnapping me and allowed me to leave. I choose to stay because she is right, this is our best chance to stay together. We were talking about some trouble maker orc, as if the world is not full with Bruno's, but this one is cartoonish insane. The kind that steal rockets from army base and then test them on random vehicles... completely cuckoo! .

Apparently he is a silver spooned asshole, born to one of the leaders of the Yaks, and he was captured and was supposed to catch a plane to Tokyo but the van was ambushed and everyone in it was killed. Drained out of blood, the one blood that was not there was of our lovely friend. Apperantly daddy is angry and concerned and he is willing to let Strawberry continue stay under their radar if she bring him his beloved son back. The thing is, nobody have seen Venom ever since and his fate seems to be liked to some infected. I am going to find him, and we were wondering, if you were going to help."

Strawberry just look, she seem to be astonished by how motivated Nagisa became. You yourself are a bit astonished and the reason was so simple, nothing complex or intelligent. "Your best chance to see your girlfriend is with me."

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:22:31/10-17-15)
Maxwell was about to say or more like scream something at Strawberry but he stops himself and grits his teeth instead.  Seething with obvious anger he tries to change the subject by saying: "Does this place have a basement or an unused storeroom?  It doesn't need to be very big just large enough to set up a magical lodge."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (17:33:00/10-17-15)
"Are you talking about someone named Venom?" I ask.  "I heard you mentioning his name while i was talking with Athos.  They mentioned it to.  I didn't get the full story before we were cut off, but it sounds like he has something to do with Athos' and my mess too.  I think your problem is my problem.  I'd help anyway, but I definitely want him if it'll help us get to the bottom of who tried to kill us in the warehouse."  I look at my glasses in Nagisa's hands and sigh.  "Hopefully you have better leads than I'm coming up with.  I need a new comm so I can try and find out if Athos is okay.  He was jacked in, I'm sure.  I think the others were too unless they're as fast as me out here."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:33:54/10-17-15)
@Maxwell Strawberry say "I can make a basement, do not worry about it, but it is important for me that this Venom is found and placed on a plane... my life would be a lot more difficult if he is killed."
 Strawberry takes you to a small wooden shack behind the joke. It is nothing much two rooms, and a kitchen. She then infront of your eyes, cast a spell and you can see that the earth move from one of the rooms to make the walls thicker and creates a small underground space. "Better security for the entire house and a small basement. " She say, '"rent is 2500 a month and I can bring you a food processor and some basic furniture if you need. What do you say?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:42:02/10-17-15)
@Minnie Nagisa say "With the kind of equipment I have here, give me two hours and your glasses are good as new."

Strawberry say "This is good to know Yulia, Venom is a brute that is up to no good. Nobody likes him but he is sort of royalty. He has his own men that came with him from Korea and his family in Japan are very rich and powerful. They hired me to keep him safe and they know he is up to no good.  I constantly had a spirit protecting him, this is why I know where he is, or more precisely where he was when he met an awakened vampire that banished my spirit. I asked Nagisa to take it from there. I know many people want him dead, and I know he deserve that but anyone that harms him has some serious issues with me to a point where I might do things that I am not comfortable with. Our independence is at risk if he is harmed - all the agreements Ando signs are approved in Japan and his family can put me back at war with the Yaks."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (17:51:06/10-17-15)
"Another good reason to get to the bottom of this so you're no longer under Yak jurisdiction."  After saying it, I realize that Finnegan control may not be any better for Nagisa, though, and I give her a guilty look. 

Then again, when all is said and done, I may be joining Tony is a little room for the rest of my life since they'll be sure I know where Nagi is no matter what i tell them.  Well I can deal with that when the time comes.  First things first.  Clear Athos' name and get Dame Valentina out so that we can close the deal that started this whole mess.

"Thanks Nagi," I say softly before she can leave. "I appreciate it.  We'll make sense of all this once we can at least stop the bleeding...literal and figurative."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (18:03:57/10-17-15)
For a brief moment, Maxwell forgets about his troubles and watches in awe at the ease of Strawberry's spellcraft.  "I wonder if shes more powerful than me?  He quickly dismisses that thought and resumes his regular demeanor.  Too tired and hungry to argue anymore, Maxwell reluctantly says: "So be it, I promise to not kill him and yeah the accommodations are fine.  He reaches into his jacket to pull out his credstick to hand it to her.  "Here, take whatever you want off it.  I don't care anymore."  Maxwell quickly surveys the place then heads back to the front of the bar to pick up all of his boxed-up stuff to bring inside his new living quarters.  This takes only a few trips before he was done.  He finds a spot on the ground to lie down, not even caring to check again if there's a couch or bed that'd be more comfortable instead.  Sluggishly looking around the room to make sure he didn't forget anything before shutting his eyes to take a small nap.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (18:09:14/10-17-15)
@Minnie Strawberry say "There is the issue of payment,  I have placed you in a jinx with the Finnegans. I am going to pay you for this gig, you will get 7k a day and I'll make sure that nobody knows about this money. This will be yours if you ever need to disappear. I am going to assemble a group of runners to help in this. Hopefully, people of skill. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:16:25/10-17-15)
"Strawberry," I say with a waving-away motion, "I'd be doing this even if it wasn't helpful for you, too.  It's to clear my own name and make things safe for Nagi.  You don't need to pay me for that!"  I pause a moment.  "I just need to connect again with Athos and replace some of my equipment that I never took from my room at the apartment."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (18:20:08/10-17-15)
@Yulia Strawberry say "I want you to have your options, Nagisa had quite a lot saved up because she knew she may have to hide. You should have your own safety fund because you are playing a dangerous game and things can change all the time. You got to take care of yourself and I may not be around to save you, if things go badly with the Finnegans you'll need some cash of your own. "


She then takes a big apple and hands it to you. "You haven't toched any of the food since we got here. It is a shame that it goes to waste."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (18:26:49/10-17-15)
@Maxwell Strawberry tells you "I lost Venom when a vampire banished the spirit that was monitoring and protecting him. I am building a team to go there and you can join them, I'll pay you 7k for every day that you guys actively search for him."  She forward you the commlink frequency of Yulia (Shaman Yuri) and say "Her name is Yulia and she is going to help with this thing too"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:28:55/10-17-15)
I don't have an answer to Strawberry.  If something happened to Athos and Strawberry, I really would have no options.  Maybe I could get help from jimmy, but I'd be in a world of hurt.  Then again, I don't want to consider something happening to Strawberry.  So many people depended on her.

The conversation M and I shared just a while ago plays again through my mind.  It seems a war is coming here despite M's protestations.  Or does M know what Strawberry is up to.

Is Strawberry as bad off as M thinks?  Do M and Strawberry have different motivations?

My head hurts thinking about it.  I take the apple from Strawberry with a thankful smile and bite into it.  The taste of the fresh fruit helps clear my mind of stress for just a few moments.

"So while Nagisa fixes my glasses, what should I be doing?" I ask between mouthfuls.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (19:31:58/10-17-15)
Athos groans when he sees the address.  **The Joke?  Hell, back there again.**  He waits at the NH until the van is delivered and takes the keys from the delivery guy.  He carefully looks over the van, looking at all of the special things he had asked for.  Satisfied that the Yak boss had again lived up to his word, Athos climbed in and drove away from the hotel, heading for the Joke.

Arriving there, he waits for Kynos, acknowledging his message.  Athos leaves the vehicle and stands near the driver's door, waiting to see who come running out.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (20:30:18/10-17-15)
Maxwell was halfway to dreamland when he regretfully heard Strawberry's voice.  "Something feels off.  I don't remember her being this annoying and business like.  I used to feel warmth and lust when we first met.  Now I don't feel anything at all.  Did something happen while I was gone?  Did my actions here hurt her?"  He thought hard about how his recklessness may have done some irreparable damage that he wasn't aware of.  But he discarded that notion when he recalled that she is also a black mage like himself.  "No that's not it all.  She probably just used some weird emotion magic to make me feel that way in the first place.  Probably uses it on every fool who makes contact with her.  I just need to stay on track of my original plans and cast off these worthless thoughts and feelings.  They will ultimately be the death of me."

Maxwell snaps out of his mental musings when he realized that Strawberry was still in the room with him waiting for a response.  He bitterly says back to her: "Whatever, just leave me be.  I'll worry about that drek later."  Once he was certain that she was gone he rolls over to his side and drifts off into sleep.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:29:58/10-18-15)
@Minne 
"So while Nagisa fixes my glasses, what should I be doing?" I ask between mouthfuls.

Strawberry smiles at you, "I have just the thing for you... will you excuse us Nagisa?" She say and it is obvious that it is not a question. Nagisa complies reluctently and takes the glasses with her saying "I'll be done quickly good as new do not worry."
Once Nagisa is gone, Strawberry holds minnies hand and look with a sad view right into your eyes.  "There is something else that I did not want to say around her to not get her upset.". She takes a deep breath and seems disturbed.  "did you notice anything out of the ordinary with Nagisa?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:43:57/10-18-15)
'Damn, I need a better mask' Kynos thought until he realized that he still wore the same coat.

With a loud and clear voice he said: "That's right. And if that pussy Venom wasn't hiding behind his rich relatives' resources he'd be six feet under by now. So, someone here be a dear and give him a message: I am coming for him. He can have it the hard way or meet me tonight at Selman's junkyard at Zero Hundred Hours."
Kynos looked around:
"Hey Ginger, you look like you've got something to say. Or maybe you are already saying it via commlink. A friendly advice: I am not your enemy, but I can be if you want."
He drew a credstick and chucked it to the barkeeper. "One round for all this nice gentlemen here. Sayonara"

While he turned away from Ginger he nonetheless kept an eye on her in the reflection of the mirror behind the bar.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:52:13/10-18-15)
@Kynos The men in the bar seem surprised by your statement, "Haven't you heard? He took the first plane to Tokyo... Silent lady over there had her goons neatly pack him and ship him back to daddy."  The ginger gives you a cold look for a moment and then she is back to her business of serving beers. Ignoring you on purpose, or because she is truly busy.  Apparently since Venom's demise business are booming as his now unemployed goons have nothing more to do than to get drunk all day.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (06:56:37/10-18-15)
"Did you notice anything out of the ordinary with Nagisa?" Strawberry asks.

I had noticed.  Nagisa's trademark skepticism and sassiness is gone when it comes to Strawberry.  It was impossible to miss.

"You've charmed her," I say simply between more bites.  "I caught it right off."  I then stop mid bite and finish chewing slowly.  When my mouth is clear, I ask the thought that comes to mind.  "It made sense to me so it didn't worry me.  I assumed it was temporary.  To help ease her into life here.  Is it?"

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:40:05/10-18-15)
"Typical. Oh well, thanks all the same. Enjoy your drinks."
Kynos left the bar and called Max and Athos
<<According to the patrons Venom has taken a flight back to Tokyo. Somehow I don't believe he's gone for good.>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:29:30/10-18-15)
Athos frowns.  >>Frag.  A dead end at every turn.  This is getting harder, not easier.  OK.  Any ideas now how I can clear my name or am I just fragged?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:08:51/10-18-15)
<<Sure, we break into his old hut and you can set your new pet to work on his data. Let's start with that ginger elf. She seems to be part of his inner circle.>>
Kynos had taken position with a view of the bar, idly waiting for what would happen next.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:13:21/10-18-15)
Strawberry answers "That... well this is her authentic self. I Indeed charmed her but I used no seduction or magic. All I needed was to explain that after how she behaves she should stay with me where she can access you.  She had some knowledge programmed into her and when I scanned her mind there were subtle marks of surgery, and a small data chip directly integrated to her brain, there is no saying what it contains and Nagisa is not aware of it at all. She did access it the night of the explosion, the evidence is there and after accessing it she  suddenly knew things she could not possibly predict according to my tech guys.

She could see the future signals being sent,  but she never encountered anything like it before.
What scares me is that this chip is not new, the scars healed  long ago. Someone had access to her long ago in the Finnegans and someone loaded that chip recently with information about the explosion but who and how. That chip also has behavioral defensive mechanisms implemented with it. If you ask her about it she will become very hostile, but she knows nothing about it I verified it with magic.”

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (13:10:15/10-18-15)
Mid way through  Strawberry's explanation I stopped chewing.  When her words were done, I had to force myself to swallow, all enjoyment from the plump fruit gone.

"That...that explains why she fought Bruno when he was just following Athos' orders.  Nagisa was born into the Finnigans.  Her parents both worked for them and died years ago during some mission.  We never heard the details.  That was about when Nagi and I were allowed to become more than just classmates."  I gulp before adding, "I've been under the Finnigan Family since I was seven.  I guess the fact I'm even asking this means the answer is no, but can I be sure I haven't been messed with either?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:11:25/10-18-15)
Athos frowns again.  "The Ginger Elf?  You mean Strawberry?  We can ask her questions, but no violence.  And we need to be polite.  She has helped me and I will not allow us to be mean to her.  Still, she may know more than she told me earlier.  I am coming into the bar.<<

Athos walks the short distance to the Joke, barely sparing a glance at the rubble of the warehouse that started all of this.  He enters to find a party going on and walks over to Kynos.  He looks over at the bar and nods to Strawberry before walking over to her.  He has to raise his voice a bit to be heard over the crowd.  "Hello, Strawberry.  How are Yulia and Nagisa?  My friend and I would like to talk to you about Venom and where he is.  Do you have the time and a private room?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:45:54/10-18-15)
@Athos (and Kynos) Strawberry say "There are always free rooms, I never rent them all. Room 1, I'll be up in a few once someone comes to cover for me. Your friends are safe and you can contact them directly"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:30:48/10-18-15)
<<Seriously, Strawberry? I have a hard time picturing a girl called Strawberry working with a guy called Venom.>>
Kynos had again entered that elated mood that came with going into a potentially very dangerous situation. With a grin on his lips and the back slung over his shoulder he followed Athos, leaving it to him to open the negotiations.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (14:32:32/10-18-15)
Athos nods and looks at Kynos.  "You have a choice to make.  Stay with me and go where this leads or turn and walk away.  If you want to leave I will pay you now for your time.  If you stay I will pay you more, but do not let money be your only guide.  I trust this woman and will see no harm done to her for what she has done to help me.  Grab a drink and come up to room 1 if you want."

He waits for the response from Kynos, ready to pay him off if he wants to leave, but hoping he will stay.  He then goes on up to room 1.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:39:51/10-18-15)
"No worries, Junge. Money is important, but so is feeling alive. Whatever else I am, I am no quitter. And if she doesn't give me any reason, I surly won't hurt her."
Kynos ignored the comment about the drink. Alcohol had lost it's appeal shortly after he had gotten his enhanced liver. Instead he walked up behind Athos.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:43:48/10-18-15)
@Strawberry enters after you for a couple of minutes. "So you took me away from the bar...want to talk to me about?  To Kynos she say   "You killed quite a few people on my domain, but at least you listen to reason, do not kill anyone in my domain please. "

When Kynos hears Strawberry's voice it is seductive and full of temptation. It seems that no matter what she say, it seems dirty or sexy and appealing and it makes people respond in some way. This voice is unlike any voice he have ever heard.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:30:32/10-18-15)
"Wait a moment. We've talked before, haven't we..? Hell you were that fragger that tried to invade my mind! There are quite a lot of things I hate, but rape and mind rape easily make the top of that list.

Seems like I should have finished Venom than and there. It would have avoided a lot of trouble for a lot of people. As for those people: Shouldn't have become Yakuza Soldiers or criminals if they didn't want people shooting at them.

Oh well, that's in the past now and our interests are differently aligned: Now we want to clear up that warehouse explosion and if it's not to much trouble prevent the whole city from becoming a war zone and finally be taken over by some conspiracy. I imagine that would greatly affect the local background count - I imagine you magic guys wouldn't like that, would you?"

Kynos showed a dirty grin at these last words
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:52:23/10-18-15)
@Kynos and Athos Strawberry say

"First of all I did not invade your mind, a minor spirit did and she only did so I can keep my own men safe as they move Venom to reunite with his loving family. Yes, I know he is an asshole, and he deserves to die and he bombs people and blow up things and steal from army bases. He has no respect for anything and he is used to having money bail him out of any possible complication, but his daddy hired me and I am to babysit him and keep him safe while in the city. The Yaks are powerful syndicate and disappointing them makes bad enemies.

A conspiracy to take over the city? If you believe in these things I can take my metaphoric hat for you. An idealist!  but city politics are out of scope for me. I have enough on my plate without aiming so high.  As long as the leader respects my private property, he can have my support.  Life aren't perfect, and I have my own politics to handle. Just for the record, I do not pass any moral judgement. I never do, if you want to kill kill, just do not do it in my home. It is bad for my business and Venom's thugs? Yes they are bad for business too. At least when they are sober they plague this place like lost souls ever since he left."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:14:16/10-18-15)
"Yeah, sorry but as the receiving party of that mind mojo I'm not inclined to discuss semantics on that. No matter your intentions, try to invade my mind again and I'll do my damn best to make your domain a wasteland.
But if I understand you correctly he's only your problem as long as he is in the city, correct? So we just have to catch him outside city limits.

And no, I'm no idealist, but I happen to have close acquaintances who are. And war in the city keeps me from getting my beauty sleep.

So, does he intent to come back sometime soon and if yes, when and how?"
Kynos spoke with quite a lot more emotion in his voice than usual
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:23:17/10-18-15)
@Kynos and Athos Strawberry say "Whatever semantic you want to do, it worked you were unharmed and so were my men and I do not respond well to threats, please avoid them in the future.

...and about Venom, what happens outside of Seattle is none of my concern. I need him on a plane safe, secure interrogated and unharmed in any way."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:29:10/10-18-15)
@Minnie Strawberry answers "If you trust me, I can scan your mind like I did to Nagisa using both technological and magical methods. It is not a pleasant process tough and it requires a certain amount of trust. "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:40:51/10-18-15)
"Strawberry, I'm not like Nagisa.  Maybe I'm not like anyone else you've dealt with. I have nothing to hide. I'm a whore whose parents dumped me on the mafia and pretended they didn't know what might happen. I've been screwed for my supper since I was ten. I can imagine some might call it a mind fuck, but I've spent my whole life being raped. At least with you, I'm volunteering for it. And yes, I trust you. If I'm to be sure I won't betray Athos, or you for that matter, at a critical moment, I have to be sure."

I smirk as I add, "and if you really do mean me harm, I suspect Mouse might make your life complicated. Mouse is protective of her pups, if you believe it."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:20:52/10-18-15)
Athos holds up his hands.  "Oh.  OK.  Let's all stop this line of conversation.  If we all play nice no one will have to die on this turf.  And as long as I get some information I can use to help clear my name and find out who set me up I could care less what goes on.  At this point, my friend Kynos has a claim on Venom.  I believe there is a bounty on his head?  If there is enough payment to let this slug on a plane out of Seattle, would that be sufficient for you, Kynos?  I would be willing to kick in something."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (22:08:55/10-18-15)
@Minnie Strawberry say nothing but she embrace you and gently strokes your back. When she finally speaks it is after a long moment, and she say "There is your problem sweet soul, Athos is Finnegan and so are you, if you let me look into your mind, you betray them. Just hold me and let me comfort you, this much they may forgive you for doing. Chances are that you did not have brain surgery because it would damage your essence and hurt your magic. You would have felt that interference."


@Athos and Kynos Strawberry said "If you commit to behave and not to get me in troubles with Yakuza, I will share what I know about Venom with you. Otherwise please just leave me be here and I hope that I get to him before you do."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:27:26/10-19-15)
Athos nods.  "I will behave.  I hope my companion does as well.  Please tell me what you know."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:26:28/10-19-15)
@Athos and Kynos Strawberry say "Since I was the protector of Venom, I have some vogue idea where he is. The van I loaded him on was attacked and all the people on it were completely drained. I had a spirit in Venom's armor so that part I am aware of, and there was this creature a vampire that banished my spirit and probobly took Venom. I am working on locating his exact position and I can handsomly compensate you if you are willing to grab him and place him on a plane to Tokyo this time without getting attacked by vampires. I mean what are the odds..."
 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:56:54/10-19-15)
"Vampire you say? That sounds amazingly like someone who likes to conspire to gain power.
Those fuckers are hard to take down - and now my ammo supplier has closed down. Typical, really.
Seems like I'll have to dust myself in sawdust again and aim for the head.

So, provided we set him into  a plane to Tokyo, you are going to give us the info, right?"

Kynos sounded quite eager at that.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:58:55/10-19-15)
@Kynos and Athos Strawberry smiles at Kynos and say "Yes, a magically active vampire, strong enough to banish the minor spirit I had watching over Venom without much troubles. Hungry enough and far enough gone to just eat five men that were protecting Venom, without being seen by the security cameras. All it show is people getting tossed away and then drained.  There is a prize on that specific vampire of 50k, and I can pay another 50k for the task of placing Venom of a public plane that will leave Seattle to Tokyo because I really want him gone before he get himself killed on my watch

I figured any such expedition is going to need a mage, so here is a number of one that agreed to do this gig. Relatively strong for what you can get in the shadows. (She hands you Sovereign's comm)  "
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (14:10:06/10-19-15)
Strawberry say nothing but she embrace you and gently strokes your back. When she finally speaks it is after a long moment, and she say "There is your problem sweet soul, Athos is Finnegan and so are you, if you let me look into your mind, you betray them. Just hold me and let me comfort you, this much they may forgive you for doing. Chances are that you did not have brain surgery because it would damage your essence and hurt your magic. You would have felt that interference."

"After everything that has happened, and after what you just told me, I'm supposed to give a flying hoop about the Finnegan Family?"  Still, I do as Strawberry suggests and settle into her lap.  M, Strawberry, Venom, Nagisa, Jimmy, Finnagans...none of this is making sense.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:40:14/10-19-15)
"Fun, fun, fun. Yeah a reliable mage would be great. The two I had on the last run didn't last long.
So, what if Venom has been turned into some kind of Renfield or even a Vampire. Do you think his relatives would want him back in Tokyo? As I've heard those Japanese aren't very keen on non-pure people.

Hey Athos, what do you say? Shall we hunt us some suckers?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:43:34/10-19-15)
@Minnie Strawberry say "Yulia, do not get me wrong. I'd be happy to see you around, but the Finnegans will not give up so easily about you and you will not be happy hiding underground even if we have some sophisticated technology there. If you will want to leave them it is not going to be easy and in the meanwhile I do not want you dead."

She then say "Is there anything you want from me? Because since Venom disappeared with that Vampire his goons are just drinking all day long and somebody got to keep them drinks." Why is she working as bartender you have no idea, but unless you object just like that she will magic her clothes to something a bit more sleazy and go to the Joke.

@Athos Strawberry sighs "Just let me know if this is the case and I will figure something out. I can also provide you with some alchemy and spirit support if you need."

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (21:27:12/10-19-15)
I feel mildly disappointed that Strawberry must go, but I know she has a tough balancing act keeping all the players in the area aligned with her goals.  Her charisma is one of the main reasons this place exists, and it only works when exercised.

"I understand.  As it is, I need to find out if Athos is okay.  My glasses were bricked by that attack.  I can only imagine what it did to someone jacked in."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:51:33/10-19-15)
Athos smiles.  "Sure.  Just another link in the chain.  Unfortunately, I know drek-all about vampires.  How can they be killed or otherwise beaten?  Can they be shot?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:43:18/10-20-15)
@Minnie Strawberry points you to Jack that can provide a replacement device, and say that she think Athos is going to drop by looking for you, one way or the other.

@Kynost and Athos Strawberry point you to the last known location of the attack, it is a bridge over lake Washington where where 520th cross the road. (Added to game map).
She use a small trid projector to show you the place along with AR markers of where the bodies were found. (To the shores of Lake Washington, and one body that was left at the middle of the road as if to pass a message.)

[spoiler]https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zjW11PeDhJLw.k7WeOq69XswQ[/spoiler]

Apparently the van itself was drowned in the lake. What evidence that remains are now on the bottom of the lake.  Strawberry grins and then asks "Can you dive?"  


Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:45:01/10-20-15)
"Nope, but give me a tutor soft and a few minutes and I can fake it. Vampires aren't great swimmers, but I don't think we should go into water against a magical active vampire.
Do you have Venom's comm code? Maybe he still has some of his gear and can be traced that way.
All in all I think that mage of yours will be our best bet to track the vampire through the astral via his signature..."
Kynos looked at Athos:
"No need to look so dumbfounded. I did read a book or two about how magic works. Makes my jobs a lot easier."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:27:17/10-20-15)
Strawberry say "Athos, bullets are of not much use as they regenerate this drek, overwhelming power is good. Wood works, as well as wood bullets and sunlight. I do not think that our vampire is there, but I think that there examining the van at the bottom of the lake can give us some hint. Unfortunately Venom has gone dark since that event. It is only forensic from the bridge and bodies that casue me to believe that he was unharmed in the attack.  I think that the sunken van is a good place to start looking.  I got a tutor soft if you like to look for yourself, I was going to ask Yulia to check it out."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:53:25/10-20-15)
"You wouldn't also happen to have diving suits lying around? As I mentioned, my armorer has just taken this week to... do inventory.
Anyway, someone call that mage - the sooner we start looking the higher the chance there are still traces to be found - astral or otherwise."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:50:36/10-20-15)
@Kynos "Way ahead of you, rentals from Scuba-master, rented for 48 hours and will be ready for you soon."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (18:19:04/10-20-15)
Feeling more than a little like a third wheel I go looking for Jack to see what he can loan me until Nagi gets me back my glasses.  When I have the device in hand, I contact Athos using the throw away he'd used to contact me earlier.  At least Strawberry has already confirmed for me that he's still alive and kicking...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:30:49/10-21-15)
Athos nods.  "You are much more on the ball than I am, to be sure.  I will have to read those books of yours.  So I guess it is off to the lake?"

He gives a slight start when his comm pings.  Noticing that it is Yulia, he excuses himself from the table to take the call.  >>Yulia.  Good to hear your voice.  I am at the Joke talking to Strawberry.  Looks like our next lead is at the bottom of the lake.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (13:45:05/10-21-15)
>>The Lake?  As in Lake Washington?  Glub, glub.  I'll be over there shortly and we can catch up.<<

I wander back to Nagisa's apartment to make sure she knows where I'm going and that I'll come back to see her before I leave Strawberry's general domain.  Giving her a long kiss to show my appreciation for her efforts with my glasses, I then set off to catch up with my best friend and quite literally comrade in crime.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:59:28/10-21-15)
"Excellent. Although I just remembered that this shiny new armor has a full chemical seal including an internal air tank for one hour. I probably won't be able to go deeper than 25m before the seals leak. But we are boned anyway if we have to go that deep to find the car.

Athos, I hope I can rely on you standing outside with a winch to haul me back out real quick if there is some hostile down there. I can't take my guns with me and I'm not that hot that I could win an under water fist fight.

But at least one thing works in my favor: The Titanium on my bones will let me sink in no time."
Kynos grinned.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:03:52/10-21-15)
@Athos you get a call from  David, He tells you that, The diving equipment awaits along with a drone instructor, tutor soft and a small motor boat all wait for you in pier 12 at the local Marina downtown in Foster Island.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:19:56/10-22-15)
Athos smiles at Kynos.  "Heh.  Yeah, I got your back.  We can work out a signal for you being in trouble and another if you find that lost colony of merfolk rumored to live down there and some pretty mermaid invites to her house.  Yulia is on the way over and I told her that I would wait.  You can go to pier 12 and we will be right after or you can catch a ride in the van.  Your bike will fit right in.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (09:00:46/10-22-15)
"Mermaid?" I pipe up as I hear the second half of a conversation.  I'm not sure that was what was said, but it sure sounded like it.  "Sounds like a job for a woman.  Where do I sign up?" I add with a grin as I give Athos-onii a great big hug.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:15:43/10-22-15)
Athos grins back and returns the hug, careful not to crush his friend.  He had learned that lesson once before and can now hug her without leaving bruises.  "Well, you got here quick.  Were you in the building?  We are going to go to the lake and try to retrieve evidence from a car that drove into it."  He motions to Kynos.  "This is Kynos from the Lounge?  The H/S hybrid.  And Kynos, this is Yulia, the Master Hunter, and my best friend.  Anyway, Kynos will be doing the diving and I will be on a boat holding the rope to pull him up.  Want to come along?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:38:23/10-22-15)
"Pleasure to meet you." Kynos greeting was automatic and a bit mechanical. "Good of you to have made it out of there. You aren't by any chance a Decker? We could use one on this run - especially after that attack in an otherwise quite secure host."

To Athos he said: "How about two pulls for: You have disconnected the data cable.
I'll take my bike. You never know if you have to split up. I'll meet you all at the pier."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:19:36/10-22-15)
The way to the pier is peaceful and take about 45 minutes in current traffic, a bit less in a motorbike. When you reach the pier there is a dive master named Dave. He greets you and show you your list of equipment that includes high pressure diving suits and some sophisticated blend of hydrogen and other gases to prevent oxygen toxicity.

"You have to go 60 meters and your boss is aware of the dangers.  There is no way that I can legally let you dive there. This is why I brought you this dolphin class micro-submarine. Room for one person and the pressures and everything adjust on themselves, you basically have nothing to worry about. There is an active-soft about diving and a tutor soft for some theoretical knowledge. Non of them is comprehensive so be careful. 

You'll be wearing a diving suit but it is only for emergencies. I had to move mountains to give you this opportunity so please do your job and get out and if you damage the submarine I am going to lose my job. So, who wants to get down in the submarine? and who is signing for the delivery? When you are done just place it in the pier and give me a buzz I will come to pick it up."

@Athos you get a text message from the 'Horse'
>> There are some troubles in paradise do not ask, but attached is the police report for warehouse investigation, including the informal part. The formal part is technical and deals with the kind of explosives and their avilability and ignores anything out of the ordinary this is a Mafia assassination like many before it in the last years.

The victim is sinless and nobody knows who he is, completely out o the system and there are pictures. Female, orc about 30, not much left of her. Shocking to behold.   Assassination?! your mind is racing but you were the only one in there, how could someone die in the explosion.

The informal investigation deals with DSS, and how they supplied advanced security system to an unauthorized facility that nobody in the KE knew about. Or admitted to knowing - the facility was exposed as it was bombarded from the air in an excuse of disease control. The level of security of the prison was maximum security for magically active.  These are typically specifically tailored to prisoners that are very difficult to contain. Every system is typically given a name, in this case there are five duplicates of the same system. These duplicates were used in three previous cases that were concluded as Mafia assassinations by KE investigators.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:37:34/10-22-15)
[spoiler]
Tutorsoft (http://orokos.com/roll/336191): 6d6t5 4 Diving
Tutorsoft (http://orokos.com/roll/336192): 6d6t5 1 Piloting: Submarine
Reduces the time to learn the skill by one day to zero days
Spending two Karma (Jack of all Trades) to get the skills

[/spoiler]

"Ok, let's see... well that seems straightforward enough." Kynos took a few moments to immerse himself in the tutorsoft to learn how to operate diving equipment and how to drive the submarine.

"Alright, I'm ready to go in. Take care of my things." With these words Kynos began to disrobe, not caring for any of the watchers and applied generous amounts of talcum powder to easier fit into the suit.

"Oh, when does the mage get here? When I get back we might need to analyze the remains asap."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (14:59:57/10-22-15)
The hard floor didn't do much to soothe Maxwell's aching back.  He spent more time tossing and turning and trying to find a comfortable position than he did actually sleeping.  After awhile he gave up on this pointless endeavor and rose to old problems.  Grumbling in crankiness to no one but himself.

"So my armor can soften a bullet but can't soften the ground, makes no sense.  Damn you Black Knight."

Indolently walking out of the shack outside onto the bar grounds.  Looking up above at the cold night sky in wonderment on how little time has passed since he arrived.  "Didn't Strawberry say something about a team and something about being paid to look for clues?  She gave me someone's comm code too I think.  Wonder if they're down with helping me look right now?  If not then I can always head back north to the nukes fortress to look for shit there."

He scrolled through his list of contacts until Yulia's name appeared.  With his back leaned against the side of the shack he texted her.

@Yulia - <<This is probably a bad time but my new employer gave me your number in case we needed to talk.  I should have made contact with you as soon as she did but was busy doing something else.   If you happen to hear this then i'm available now and would be ready aid in anyway I can.  Just tell me when and where and i'll be there.>>

After he was done sending his message he pulls out and light ups a cigarette to pass the time.  "Zero chance I get a call back."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:54:48/10-22-15)
Athos smiles as he signs for the equipment and watches Dave take off.  He looks over to where Kynos is slipping into the wet suit.  "OK.  Yulia and I will take the boat out and try to stay over you.  It looks like we do not need to worry about the rope and me forgetting the code.  Good luck down there.  And be careful." 

Athos and Yulia climb onto the small powerboat and wait for Kynos to settle into the sub.  >>Comm check, Kynos.  Can you hear me?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:54:33/10-23-15)
@Kynos the submarine is sort of like a small cacoon completely transparent and you slowly descend to the bottom of the lake.  Lake Washington is a constant source of tension between Seattle and the Nan and this tension keep it relatively clean as fishing is strictly limited and pollution is kept to minimum up to the incompetency of the government to enforce its rules and regulations on the greedy cooperate world and the lawless Barrens.

The selection of fish is astonishing and although there is no light the submarine equip you with many other senses, such as infra-red and ultrasound. locating the van is not very difficult it is just under the bridge, and it seems to be in a rapid state of decay something is dissolving the metal. At first you thought that the van is some old shipwreck but its location so close to the ambush, and the fact that the glass is clean indicating that this rotten vehicle is actually the one you are after and something is slowly chewing away the evidence. 

@Athos Kynos is long gone the marina is busy and several boats approach you closely, you are uncertain maybe it is the paranoia but perhaps they are really after you. Few times someone approached too close and you were alarmed just to discover that they moved on.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:01:34/10-23-15)
Athos watches the next boat as it closes, only to pull away.  "Hey, Yulia.  It seems that people are curious about the Troll with the hot girl.  Maybe you should lay on the front and pretend to be getting a tan.  I won't look, promise."

Other than that, be cautious.  Try to stay in contact with Kynos.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (18:34:59/10-23-15)
<<I have found the car. Something is eating the thing quite fast. Find pictures attached. Love Kynos.>>

Kynos steared the submarine closer while he trained the search light directly on the wrack.
<<I have no idea what to make of this. There seems to be some kind of magic acid in play, eating away the metal and plastic but leaving the glass intact. Looks like a clumsy attempt to vanish the evidence of the car crash.
Either the vamp is environmentally conscious, or he has a hiding place nearby and doesn't want evidence close to his front door.
I'm circling the wrack a bit more. Maybe I can see something interesting from another angle. Find more pictures attached. Love Kynos.>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (19:13:20/10-23-15)
I haven't been on a boat since before I left Chicago.  Daddy would often go out on Lake Michigan on good days and I would sometimes even get to go with him.  I'd have to wear a one-piece suit that was designed to hide my tail and a cap for my ears, but despite the discomfort of having to press my tail tighter than the ligaments and bone wanted to, it is a pleasant memory.  That said, we never went out in winter.  Most years going out on Lake Michigan in December would be suicide - Lake Washington is just cold annoyance.

Athos seems quite adept at the controls, so I sit myself along the starboard edge and occasionally dip my tail in the water absently.  I notice the attention we're getting and write it up to my tail, occasionally smiling and waving to passing boats with both my hand and my tail, but then Athos suggests it could be something else.

"Hey, Yulia," my best friend pipes up cheerfully, "it seems that people are curious about the Troll with the hot girl.  Maybe you should lay on the front and pretend to be getting a tan.  I won't look, promise."

I look up at the cold grey December skies and scowl.  "If it were July instead of almost January I might take you up on it, onii."  I then look back at onii with a smirk.  "Even if I don't have a suit, it just means no tan lines.  Still," I add pointing up to the sky, "I think today I'm more likely to rust than tan...not to mention freeze my tail off."

Just as I finish speaking an unfamiliar chirp causes me to jump and almost lose my balance on the edge since it happened right as Athos took a turn.  Fortunately my inhuman agility and reflexes keep me from going for a swim.  What the heck?  I reach into my jacket and pull out the temporary comm Jack loaned me back at Strawberry's place.  We had coded it with my number until I got my glasses back.  That way I wouldn't miss a call from Jimmy or someone else who might know my main line.  I hadn't changed the ring tone, though, so the classic Mercurial soundtrack was unexpected.

Unrecognised?

>>@Maxwell: And who might the employer be?  I'm sorry, but I don't know this number.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (00:06:12/10-24-15)
Ash and dust was falling off a half burnt cigarette that lay locked in between Maxwell's canines as his mind wandered.  He drifted in and out of reality while watching stray embers fly off in directionless wind.  Scenes from years ago and moments today mixed together in an illogical maze.  Those arrogant dreams and nostalgic thoughts didn't last as his comm started buzzing for attention.  Causing him to hastily see who replied and to respond in return.

"I guess I probably should have said who I was and whatnot.  Need like twenty cups of coffee.  Oh well at least I got an answer back.

@Yulia - <<I'm sorry I should have been more clear in my first message and should have said who is who.  My name is Sovereign and i'm working at the behest of a club owner named Strawberry.  She told me that she was constructing a team to help solve a sensitive matter of hers and she gave me your name and number.  There are some things that remain in the dark even for me and I won't know more until we meet face to face.>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:29:42/10-24-15)
@Kynos as you circle the van you notice some advertisement beeping in your comlink. It  is a commercial for 'make it gone' an environmentally friendly acid. Their motto is 'cheaper than carry it out to the trash'.  You know these kind of advertisement, they are displayed in shops when you approach the product. Since there is no matrix reception it must be delivered in a peer-to-peer manner, but that means that there is some comlink or other simple electronic device still intact in the close surrounding.
(Roll perception if you would like to search more).

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (07:40:32/10-24-15)
@Yulia - <<I'm sorry I should have been more clear in my first message and should have said who is who.  My name is Sovereign and i'm working at the behest of a club owner named Strawberry.  She told me that she was constructing a team to help solve a sensitive matter of hers and she gave me your name and number.  There are some things that remain in the dark even for me and I won't know more until we meet face to face.>>

Hmmm, I wonder what Strawberry is up to...

@Maxwell  >>Strawberry had not mentioned this to me, but I look forward to meeting you.  I'm currently running some errands but should be back at The Joke tonight.  I'd be happy to meet you then and we can compare notes.  Say 7pm?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (08:40:29/10-24-15)
Maxwell checks the time on his comm to verify how late it is.  "Oh it's only 6 o'clock, thought it was midnight.  Gives me some time to prepare and grab a bite to eat." 

@Yulia - <<Works for me, see you there.>>

He takes his still burning cig and rubs it out on the side of the shack then walks around to the front of the bar.  Heading inside to find and bug the owner.  Maxwell sees Strawberry serving a bunch of rowdy yakuza more booze as he enters.  Waiting for her to finish and head back behind the counter before walking over to talk.

@Strawberry - "Well I have a meeting in an hour or so with Yulia.  I'd like to bathe beforehand so do any of these rooms have a shower I can use?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:02:13/10-24-15)
@Maxwell - Strawberry is unresponsive but the house is fully equipped, the refrigirator is filled with fresh fruits and there are all the comforts you could expect at a medium-low life style. (The food is actually a lot better than you'd expect.)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:50:52/10-24-15)
Kynos looked interested upon the wrack

[spoiler]
Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/336832): 7d6t5 4

[/spoiler]

<<Correction, its no magic, its worse: Probably some kind of industrial cleaner nanites disassembling the wrack. With our track run so far, I expect them to be posessed by another AI and will find any minute that they already have begun to disolve my ride.
I'll keep you posted. Love Kynos.>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:50:20/10-24-15)
@Kynos It is subtle you notice that the message came from some blob of organic matter in the vicinity of the van. A closer inspection reveals it to be a head with an implemented comlink. Somebody got very excited with a very sharp blade. The comlink is constantly blipping as if it is trying routinely to make a call. The fact that you can see the comlink indicates that a lot of the organic matter was also consumed by what ever is eating the van.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (18:12:50/10-24-15)
[spoiler]
Does the submarine have some kind of manipulator arm to collect the head?
[/spoiler]

Curious, Kynos drove nearer to the head. Times like this made him rue the day he elected not to take that combat decker advanced training. Well there was nothing to it: He had to bring that hot potatoe up to the surface.
<<I found a head with a commlink inside. Probably hot with nanites. Tell cat we could use its help with decryption and maybe taking care of the nanite infestation I suspect is here at work. I'll be up in a minute. Love Kynos>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (18:16:21/10-24-15)
@Kynos It has and to pick the head you need a pilot water craft + reaction (threshold 2)  if you beat the threshold feel free to RP getting it up. Otherwise you'll have to leave the submarine.  You can try multiple times with additional negatives of -2 per time tried and on a glitch you damage the device.


Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (18:38:19/10-24-15)
[spoiler]
Pilot Watercraft (http://orokos.com/roll/336868): 10d6t5 2
[/spoiler]

The controls weren't difficult to operate and so Kynos needed only two tries to get a grip on the head. That done, he wasted no more time to bring it to the surface.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:37:27/10-25-15)
Athos nods to himself.  >>Kynos.  Got it.  I am asking Cat for advice.<<  **Cat, you there?  Are you aware of my surroundings?  We are investigating the wreck of a truck that went off the bridge in an ambush.  Kynos is in a small submarine looking at the vehicle, or what is left of it.  Apparently some sort of nanite system is dissolving the vehicle and the flesh of at least one person left in the truck.  Kynos is bringing a head to the surface.  The head contains an implanted commlink that we would like to access.  Do you have any advice on how to deal with this without letting the nanites destroy us and the boat?**
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:17:05/10-25-15)
@Athos Cat say "Head is important, comlink in head is usually expensive and expensive means rich. Rich means medically insured and medically insured suggests an army of doctors and security protecting one from losing their head... might I suggest run?"

@Kynos The little submarine grabs the head and you gradually take it out. At about 10 meters the matrix reception is strong enough and you can see that the device starts taking out calls.

@Athos and Minnie by the time Kynos is up you can already see several drones heading your way. One of them is an ambulance drone and the rest are armed rotor drones. At the distance you can also hear a police siren.
 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (09:28:09/10-25-15)
Playing with the passersby was getting rather old when my keen senses detect the sound of sirens and the approaching drones.  I hop up to join Athos in the pilot section of the boat.  "What's happening?" I ask, suspecting my unaugmented nature is missing events in the matrix right now.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:54:24/10-25-15)
Athos moves lazily to the boat's controls, but his mind is working quicker.  >>Kynos.  The head must be talking to someone.  It looks like the person may have had an AutoDoc contract.  We have an ambulance and some sirens on the way.  Can you shut the commlink off?  If not, you probably need to dump the head and remain submerged for a bit while making your way to another part of the lake.  Are there any identifying marks on the head that we can use?  Maybe take a good pic so we can try to find out who the dead man is.  Maybe we can go find out how he ended up in the lake<<

Looking over at his friend he says, "Yulia, just act normal.  We are just boaters out for some fun.  So far, they got nothing on us, so let's just keep it that way."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:32:57/10-25-15)
<<Damn, I'll just submerge and drive a kilometer north. Try to have something ready that blocks signals. I've got about half an hour of air left before I have to get back up, so don't drag your feet. And don't forget my gear.>>

With that Kynos reversed his traveling direction and dove deeper once more.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:27:04/10-25-15)
@Athos and Minnie the drones seems confused as Kynos descends and they seem to be scanning the top of the lake with a search pattern instead of rushing toward you. What actually worries you is a small KE patrol ship signals you to let them board.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (15:34:24/10-25-15)
I give a worried look to Athos but it's not like we have much we can do at this point.  Our little boat can't outrun the KE patrol cruiser and we have no hiding options like we might have in busy Seattle.  If they fire on us and we sink, we're at their mercy anyway.  And then we'd LOOK guilty.  I move back to the side of the boat to prepare to assist visitors aboard, loosening my jacket to show cleavage - ready to do what only I can do in such a situation...

I'll have these goons eating out of my hand...

[spoiler]Seduction: Greeting KE boarding party 13d6t5: 6 [13d6t5=1, 6, 5, 5, 6, 5, 5, 4, 2, 4, 4, 2, 4] (http://orokos.com/roll/336979)

SIX hits!!!  Take that, boys!
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:44:36/10-25-15)
Athos sends an affirmative to Kynos then concentrates on pulling the small craft to a slow halt, waving to the KE thugs as they prepare to come aboard.  He catches Minnie's subtle zipper move and smiles.  If only she would use that on him he could die happy.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:08:44/10-25-15)
@Athos Minnie.

It is clear that the KE are a bit confused and struggling "There was a distress call from around here mind if we take a look?" Say one of them and the other say "Ids please"  and as you hand him your SIN's for scan he ask you to spread your hands and stand in a manner that allows him to easily search you. Apparently Minnie is very suspicious and it is evident that she receives a more thorough search.  It is difficult because trogs usually are considered guilty until proven otherwise.
"You haven't seen an injured or dead person around these waters have you?"  asks the first.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (19:44:13/10-25-15)
"No officer," I answer doing my best to keep the officers' interest in the flashes of flesh.  "There have been a lot of other boats, though.  Seems they like talking with me for some reason.  We've been talking with friendly people more than we've been by ourselves all afternoon.  Maybe they might know something?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:07:59/10-25-15)
Athos just nods at Minnie's words, believing that his best tactic is to let her do the talking.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:14:40/10-26-15)
"Know something?..." He grins and get close to Yulia " I cannot say that I blame them." He say.  In the meantime his partner seems to be getting a bit restless and already leaves for the KE boat. "Benny, we have work to do" ... "Just a minute I am talking" he say as he devours Yulia's with his eyes, and invades what most people would call a personal space. Not Yulia, she is used to so much worse but some ladies would already feel harassed with this level of physical proximity. 

He grabs Yulia and whispers "as sexy as you are... it is the logo on your boat Micro Whales were very popular before they went bankrupt... They had the best underwater experience in the business... but even they could not compete with the BTL industry... why get out of the living room when you can expirience an even more exciting underwater adventure in your underwear"  His hand is stroking Yulia's back and he say "I for once prefers the real experience."

"BENNY!... remember ?! we have a job."  screamed the other one. Reluctantly,  Benny gives you an apologetic look and say. "It is a shame that I am so busy... I feel this special chemistry between us... call me this evening so we can continue where we left?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:54:55/10-26-15)
Athos watches the by-play between the KE and Minnie with some difficulty.  He would like to toss the man overboard but resists the temptation.  After all, his friend had certainly provided the distraction that kept the KE from noticing that there was an extra set of clothing on the boat.  He waited until the other boat had moved away then motored over to where Kynos had indicated he would be waiting.  On the way, he sends a note to the man.  >>Kynos.  KE threat is gone for the time being.  I think it will be safe to surface in a few minutes.<<

He looks over at his best friend.  "Thank you, Minnie.  I do not know how you do it.  Putting up with the way people look at you and the way they think they can just touch you and how they believe that you really do not mind.  You are too.........special........to have to put up with that."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:24:04/10-26-15)
<<Great. But they'll be back the minute I go over 10m. We need some kind of Faraday cage or some active jammer. Look if you can find a cooler box. Lower it into the water on a rope. I'll move the head inside and close it. You can trail it on a rope underwater until we have a suitable transport. Love Kynos>>

Kynos wasn't unduly worried. If necessary he'd search for some recognizable place and stash the head there. He just wasn't very enthusiastic to go on a second underwater adventure. It just wasn't his element.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:59:50/10-26-15)
Athos slows the boat's speed and looks about, finding just what was ordered; a small lunch cooler.  It had been sitting in the below-deck storage locker for a while and was crammed with fishing supplies. He carefully removes everything from the small box, storing the stuff in various nooks and crannies then ties the rope they had brought to the handle.  After checking the knot, he lowers the box over the edge, lets it fill with water, and drops it.  As he secures the rope to the boat, he sends a note off.>>Cooler coming down.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:49:54/10-26-15)
[spoiler]
Pilot Submarine (http://orokos.com/roll/337199): 10d6t5 4
[/spoiler]
It took Kynos a few tries to place the head inside the cooler and close the lid, but he managed it without damaging anything or tearing the line. Right on time the manometer told him that he was nearly out of compressed air, so he gave the little ship the command to resurface.

Brackish water cascaded from its sides as Kynos opened the drivers compartment and took of the mask: "Well, one thing I can say: Working for you sure is not boring. Hey Minnie, be a dear and give me a hand."
It spoke volumes about Kynos' good mood that he actually glanced at the mouse adepts cleavage - and with a smile at that.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (15:34:33/10-26-15)
Meanwhile...

Irked at being ignored, Maxwell went back to his new home to see how well stocked and supplied it was.  To his embarrassment it actually had all the things he wanted except better.  The window in the bathroom wasn't broken, the lights didn't flicker when turned on, the fridge had actual food and kept things cold.  It was even a little bigger and had a basement too.  Maxwell started feeling a little remorseful for his rude behavior earlier, because he wasn't expecting such nice accommodations.

"Thats twice where I've repaid her kindness with hostility.  Dammit I feel like an ass now."

After he was done contemplating his words and actions he rummaged through his stuff for a relatively clean set of clothes.  Grabbing a pair of dark blue jeans and a black t-shirt along with some black socks and black boxers.  Once he had everything ready he ran over to the bathroom and took a hot shower, turning the temperature to near scalding levels.  With a day and a half worth of stench and sweat finally washed off he began to relax some more.  Maxwell clothed himself in his new digs after his bath and walked over to the kitchen to see what he could raid. 

"Wait is that whole wheat bread?  Lunch-meat and real cheese?  Lettuce and tomatoes?  Fuck its sandwich time."

Gleefully he rounded up all of the components to make his meal.  Taking his time for once to make sure he has everything set up right before indulging himself.  Spending about 15 minutes to prepare his food before chowing down.  Once his appetite was satiated he unpacked everything he owned and started to setup his things everywhere.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Shaman_Yuri on (21:35:54/10-26-15)
I haven't dealt with water craft in fifteen years, but I do my best to help Athos' colleague with the cooler.  It isn't lost on me that he's enjoying the view given I haven't bother to zip back up after dealing with the KE, but honestly I don't mind.  He's done a great job and deserves a perk or two.  Anyway, this is work and this jacket is hot...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:03:31/10-26-15)
Athos looks at the surfacing sub and grins as Kynos' eyes catch and hold onto the view of Minnie's chest.  He shakes his head and considers how often her female charms have assisted her.  He looks at Kynos.  "Hey, I promised you a good time, right?  So how long can we leave that head down there?"  At the same time he is asking his newest friend a question as well.  **Hey, Cat.  Any ideas on getting rid of the nanite infestation on the commlink in the head?  Can you overpower what is there?**
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:54:21/10-27-15)
@Athos Cat say... Nanites? I do not understand, do you think that man have nanites in his brain?

@All with the head and comlink safely placed underwater beyond matrix reception, you need to some way to take it out. A coat with Faraday pocket or a strong jammer are probobly going to do unless anyone of you can hack the comlink to stop the distress beacon.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:21:06/10-27-15)
When Kynos had once again donned his regular outfit - body armor under a trench coat - he turned to Athos and Minnie:
"So, did you call that mage that that elf suggested? We really need to get a perspective on the astral if we are up against another mage.
Enough that I was followed in the astral the last time I went home from a run. There could be any number of watchers around us, reporting back to that sucker.
We need that mojo slinger.

Also, does anyone have a jammer or a contact we could get one from? Mine just clammed up."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:01:16/10-27-15)
Athos responds to Cat.  **Yes I do.  There was evidence underwater that some sort of nanite solvent was eating the truck away and may have had some effect on the body of the man Kynos found.  The effect on the body might have been from natural causes but we do not wish to take a chance.  Any ideas on what to do if there are nanites?  We do not have a portable EMP device.  Would anything else work?**

To the others, Athos says, "I could ask Dave if he has a portable jammer or EMP device.  Let me call him.  Yulia, you are my go to person for mojo.  Any ideas?  Maybe we can ask Strawberry?"

Finally, he picks up his commlink and sends a note off to Dave.  >>Dave, this is Athos.  You helped us out with a little infestation issue yesterday.  Is there something portable we could borrow that would have the same effect.  And we are having a bit of trouble with a commlink.  Do you have a portable faraday cage?<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:14:44/10-27-15)
@Athos Dave contact you>> you mean the pulser? No the pocket size one is for military use only, difficult to obtain. I can get you a powerful jammer should be sufficient until you get the pulser active.

Cat say "What do you think that the nanites would do to you? I could only effect you because I was injected in very high concentration. Red filled the air with massive copies of herself with a factory that kept duplicating her cells... your immume system should be enough for minor amounts of forign objects. I think you should be fine."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:18:28/10-27-15)
"Man Athos, did you hit your head? That elf gave us a commcode for a spell slinger. Actually she gave it to you. That's why I've been pestering you about that for the last hour."
Kynos shook his head a little. Come to think of it, he had no idea how old Athos was or at what age trolls usually started to be of an age to forget little details...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:18:28/10-28-15)
Athos looks through his list of contacts.  "Are you sure she gave it to me?  I did not know why you were mentioning it to me.......wait, here it is.  I guess I had it all along.  Sorry.  Here, I will give it a ring."  He connects with the number and sends a message.  >>Hello.  My name is Athos.  I was given this link by a mutual acquaintance.  She told me that you might be able to assist me in something.  Please respond if you are interested.  A positive assist is worth good cred.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (00:57:38/10-28-15)
Maxwell's comm started buzzing again for attention which was funny considering he was about to leave anyway.  He scratches his head as sees who it is.  "This is ironic.  I send a text to someone whose never met me before saying i'm working for a mutual friend and we should talk.  Now I get pretty much the same message from someone I've never met before."  Maxwell shrugs and responds back.

@Athos - <<I'm listening.>>

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:11:22/10-28-15)
Athos smiles.  "That was quick.  Already got an answer back from the mojo guy.  He quickly taps out a response and sends it off.  >>Hey.  Woman named Strawberry gave me this code so I hope that I am not wasting my time.  I could use some spell slinging support.  Are you able to meet to discuss the situation?  I can pay 300 just for the chat.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (01:29:14/10-28-15)
"This is probably the rest of the team that she mentioned.  Or an ambush party.  Definitely one of those two."  Confidently he types out the strongest reply he knows.  <<Sure.>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:34:13/10-28-15)
>>We are out on Lake Washington right now.  Can you get here?  Describe yourself so I know who to look for and we will come in and pick you up.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (01:40:37/10-28-15)
<<I'll be the guy clothed in black and wearing an armored jacket.  I can be there in about 15-20 minutes time, maybe less.  I just need to know where you're at specifically.>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:49:20/10-28-15)
Athos looks at the boat's dash.  >>Could be tough.  Looks like the dash lost its GPS some time ago.  We are drifting back tot he area of the bridge now that the KE thugs hav eleft.  Looks like the Doc Wagon guys are also packing it in for now.  Small boat.  Three people.  I am the Troll.  Wave or something and we will come get you.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (02:15:34/10-28-15)
<<To the bridge I go then.  I'll be there shortly.>>

Maxwell smiles darkly for he was about to do something he's wanted to do since his prison job.  He walks outside then stands in front of his home with his arms stretched outward and his head bowed in an over-the-top fashion.  With a loud booming voice he shouts into the astral.  "Spirit of granite bones and marble scales I command you to me."

[spoiler]Summoning Force 7 Earth Spirit (http://orokos.com/roll/337706): 11d6t5 5
Spirit Resist (http://orokos.com/roll/337707): 7d6t5 2
Drain Resist (http://orokos.com/roll/337708): 11d6t5 3
I take 1 Stun.  Lets call this spirit Goliath and it'll have the optional powers of Concealment and Engulf.[/spoiler]

A massive earth elemental appeared before Maxwell in the shape and form of a gargoyle.  He walked over to the stone sentinel and spoke.  "Take me to the sky and fly me over to land on Lake Washington Bridge with grand haste.  Keep both of us concealed from watchful eyes as you do."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:24:25/10-28-15)
Athos tells his companions to keep an eye out for some guy in black who will wave at them from the bridge.  "He said that he would be here shortly.  We can pick him up when he does and talk a bit privately on the boat."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:06:22/10-28-15)
@Maxwell you raise quite a few stares that remind you that you actually need a licence to operate spirits in populated areas, but so far there is no law enforcement that seem to be heading your way and your flying gargoyle spirit takes you to the boat with ease.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (19:08:21/10-28-15)
Maxwell tried to re-balance himself as he landed on the small ship.  Feeling proud that his dumb idea actually worked as he steadies himself.  He walked around from the side to the deck while speaking aloud for anyone nearby to hear.  "Anyone home?  Is this the right boat?" 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:16:17/10-29-15)
Athos and the others are all on deck when the mage arrives in such a dramatic fashion.  Athos grins in spite of himself and shakes his head as he welcomes the newcomer. "Athos is my name, but I am afraid I do not know yours.  Welcome to the boat."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (01:28:52/10-29-15)
Maxwell waves at the motley crew before him.  He covers his mouth while clearing his throat before introducing himself.  "Call me Sovereign."  Pointing at the other two figures rapidly before asking.  "Who are these other ones?"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:36:03/10-29-15)
Athos waves at Minnie first then Kynos.  "Nice to meet you Sovereign.  The beautiful woman is Yulia and this is Kynos.  We heard that you sling mojo pretty good."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (01:51:23/10-29-15)
Maxwell glances over from the girl to the elf back to the troll.  "Charmed, and yeah you won't find a more badass mage than me in the barrens.  Before we do anything I have some questions that need answering.  Trust is becoming a commodity in Seattle, so i'd like to know who i'm working with and why."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:01:02/10-29-15)
Athos nods.  "Fair enough.  Until a couple of days ago I was a rising star in the Finagin Family of the Seattle Mafia.  My boss trusted me with a delicate mission to finalize the negotiation of the transfer of some property from the Yaks.  All was going well until the building blew up.  Now I am running for my life and could be toxic and there is probably a price on my head.  I am trying to prove who set me and my boss up, prevent a gang war between the Mafia and the Yaks, and regain my position in the Family with an eye to moving up in the world.  Yulia is my partner and friend.  I have hired Kynos to help me.  So, is that enough trust for you?  If it is, you can reciprocate by telling us a bit about yourself."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (03:15:05/10-29-15)
Maxwell sighs.  "It's a long story so i'll try to give you the short version.  I embarrassed a Yakuza boss named Venom during a run so he's placed a bounty on my head.  I killed the first assassin he sent my way but that didn't deter him.  After coming home from another run I find out from some guy standing at my doorstep saying that there's a bomb in my apartment.  Apparently Venom got desperate and hired one of the Nukes to set up a trap to kill me.  Well I had a friend who knew a friend who told a friend to warn me about it.  Anyway I spend the night in a warehouse then spent the better part of today roaming around in a scavenger hunt that led me to a Horizon security building.  I talked with someone there and come to find out that a vampire named Damian Grail is here in Seattle and that Venom is working with him.  Probably so he can be turned himself.  A friend of mine that I mentioned earlier had been captured by Grail in order to do some technical crap to help further his plans.  I leave and bring this news to Strawberry because I figured she might be able to help in this matter.  Turns out I was right and she gave me a new place to stay and hired me to help stop Venom and Grail."  Maxwell stops himself to let all this information he bombarded the three in front of him to sink in.

He takes a deep breath before continuing on.  That's about the gist of the situation.  There's more to it than what I told you but I doubt you want to listen to me drone on and on about all the endless details that led up to this point."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:15:00/10-29-15)
"Hi Souvereign. I am called Kynos, I like long walks on beaches and hurt people for money. One of those statements is a lie.

But seriously, that's good to know. We happen to hunt that vampire and Venom as well. Especially Venom, since I have unfinished business with him too. At the moment we have a severed head in a cooler trailing 12 m below our boat to prevent an implanted commlink from calling the cops. Once we can get it up here, we need you to call some spirit thingy to help us find the vampire who is probably the one who did the severing. It's quite likely, that his lair isn't to far from this position.

Meanwhile I'll go on land over there and fetch what looks like a genuine wooden branch, so I can whittle us some sawdust while we wait for the jammer to arrive."
Kynos indicated towards a tree that grew close to the waterline.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (05:05:45/10-29-15)
Maxwell busts out in a raspy laugh.  "Hail and well met.  And I hope it isn't the hurt people for cash one."  His humor didn't last as Kynos' words began to resonate.  He grew serious at the thought that his mark was nearby.  "It's a good thing I arrived.  I'd hate to miss an opportunity to put an end to Grail's schemes.  Show me all that you've found and i'll see if he left a trail."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:40:29/10-29-15)
While Kynos and Sovereign talk, Athos takes the opportunity to send a message.  >>Dave.  Athos here.  Is there any chance that you can deliver the jammer?  I have it under water and cannot bring it out.  I can cover some extra for the personal service.  Let me know.  Sending location.<<
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:35:18/10-29-15)
"Don't worry. I can't stand sand.
So, what kind of mojo do you have in your portfolio? Are you more the fireball throwing type or can you make people invisible and super strong?"
Kynos had retreived the branch and was now in the process of carving tiny slivers from it into his coat pocket with the help of the knife stashed in the ankle sheeth of his discarded diving suit.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:18:14/10-29-15)
Athos Dave say >> I have a head jammer I can get you a very good one. In case you think somthing creeping into your head. R6 + shipment for 1k. I can get a wide area jammer R2 500 including shipment. Pick your goods and you shell recieve. Notice that the area jammer is illegal, and that you technically need a licence for the head one. Not that I care too much just so you know.


Athos will pick his jammer and about 40 minutes later a rotodrone is going to deliver the tool.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:44:15/10-29-15)
"I specialize in the art of casting flame, but I do more than that.  I can mend broken bones and torn flesh.  I can augment one's battle sense and their speed.  I can make someone disappear or distort their view of reality.  So in essence I do a bit of everything."  Maxwell raises an eyebrow when he sees Kynos whittling the wooden branch.  "Oh you weren't kidding about the wood thing."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (17:52: