NEWS

Wall running + Hang time combo

• 92 Replies

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #90 on: <01-29-15/1637:45> »
I'm honestly trying to picture a person running up the side of a wall, pausing to use hang time by attaching one or more limbs to the structure, and then taking off at a run again, and I just don't see it. If there was a ledge or something that would allow you to halt entirely then I could see this being possible, sort of like magic parkour, but with just using hang time to establish a hold and then continue on running? Nope, wouldn't fly at my table.

Wall Running and Hang Time to run up the side of a wall and hang on to the ceiling, though, would be entirely plausible.

The way I was seeing it, one would use wall running to get up the side of the building, use hang time to chill there for a moment, then jump to another area and use wall running there, then hang time, etc.  Like in Ninja Gaiden.  Going up the side of a perfectly smooth surface though starts to stretch the bounds of reasonable.  Still...  magic?
Yep, the first I'm totally on board with. The second? Not so much, even with magic. Climbing such a structure would be almost impossible (at least in terms of getting to the top) and would certainly take a lot more time. The more extreme examples showcased here reminds me more of Sonic the Hedgehog than anything.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #91 on: <01-29-15/1720:52> »
That's where the compromise I came up with comes in where your ability to do that is limited by the number of ranks in that power.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #92 on: <01-30-15/0151:43> »
I think there are plenty of suggestions and ideas regarding this combo now. We can all make up our own mind on how to use or not use them in our games.
Since I only have 0.5PP unused it will take a while before I could try this out.

Register