NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #210 on: <02-04-13/0513:05> »
"hey guys," Sammy said when she arrived with Coyote.
"Sir," she added to the indian, while doing some assensing.

[spoiler]
assense on the indian guy
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2)
[/spoiler]

"Quit it, both of you," she said to Conner and Fion, "I don't care what, just stop it.  We will need everybody if we're getting out here.  And maybe Fion doesn't have many useful talents as of now, but was soon as we're back in civilisation, that'll change quickly enough.  We will need him if we're going to get even with the people who did this to us."

"So how are things down here," she asked next while taking some stew.  Coming from a poor part of town, she was used to eating undefined stews, although she must admit it had been a while.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #211 on: <02-04-13/0705:29> »
Blackeagle and the coyote spirit look at each other again, with the human giving a look of amusement, and the spirit giving a shrug and a yawn as it settled back down to nap. 

The Amerind then turned back and said “You are welcome to the blade; the pelt really isn’t mine to give anymore.  Ask the owner...” indicating Johnny, “he made the kill.”

“Since it is fairly obvious that you kids are new to the game, I have to ask, even if half of you are elves, have any of you ever heard of laes?”

[spoiler]Assensing results: He appears to be a mundane to you[/spoiler]

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #212 on: <02-04-13/0825:21> »
Sam looked up from his stew, which was surprisingly good. "Those flower necklaces island natives used to put on visitors? Sure, though I always wondered if they were less honorary and more 'if we need someone to sacrifice to the volcano, this guy goes first'. But I don't see any islands around here."
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Gorean

« Reply #213 on: <02-04-13/0927:04> »
No Sam, that's something else.

Mr Blackeagle is talking about laés. Which is a drug that the Tir uses to frak with the memory of anyone they catch border jumping.

Heron gives a slightly embarrassed shrug. I know a guy who knows a guy, if you ever have a blind date that you wish to forget.

Heron seems to ponder his bowl muttering something, Of anger spoken and desire revealed, On thy future I bring fear and grief, before continuing in a normal voice.

That means we, either as a group or individually, got caught by the peace force somewhere we shouldn't have been. So they dumped us here, without our stuff. So from that we can infer we were carrying stuff that we shouldn't have had either so they got a little cute and took it all.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #214 on: <02-04-13/1029:39> »
Ikari looked around at each of the others as they spoke and argued, gauging whether they might remember anything.

"I worked a guy over once with something like that. We pulled as much information out of him as we could in an hour, then started again - clean slate, better con, until we were told it was enough. I don't know how they use it in the Tirs, but on a scale of 1 to 10, it's not a good way to hail a taxi."

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #215 on: <02-04-13/1038:36> »
No sense of humor, that one, Sam thought to himself. Ah, well; can't please everyone, I guess. Smiling at the tall mage, he said, "Oh, that. Yeah, it's one of the things you need to watch out for in the clubs. But I don't think it could've been used on us to make us forget an entire Run--it only works on short-term memory. Don't know about you, but my Runs are generally a bit more thought-out."

Sam then turned to the clothed Amerind. "Thanks for the stew, friend; I didn't know these dogs would taste this good. If you're interested, I know several high-class restaurants in town that could use a good cook; I could put a good word in for you when we get back. And if you're looking for laés, rather than dropping oblique hints about how we got out here as my friend thinks, I know a guy who could hook you up easily enough. By the way, call me Torley."

[spoiler]
Sam's trying to feel out the 'Rind with his light conversation.
Judge Intentions: 14d6.hits(5)=3
...well, that could've rolled better. :P
[/spoiler]

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #216 on: <02-04-13/1248:29> »
When they arrived in the clearing Johnny settled into a sitting position on the outside of the group with his legs crossed reminiscent of a meditation pose. He listened to the bickering with a bored expression as he tried to relax. He would wait for everyone else to get some stew and cut from the fur before he'd get up. After the effects of the drugs were explained Johnny realized it was the only thing that made sense but it didn't matter as much as getting to the lodge. Johnny looked to their host "I believe my companions have over looked a few pleasantries. My name is Johnny and while we seem to be in a most uncomfortable situation you have seen fit to help us. And for that I thank you sir, but if I could ask you a few questions as to who you are and why you are in this locale I would be even more grateful.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #217 on: <02-04-13/1331:31> »
"That would explain a lot of things," Sammy said, referring to the Laes, "still doesn't answer the question why?  Not that you would know that, sir.  Of course, if you do, I'm interested."
She had taken a spot not far from the stew, but she wouldn't go to the pelt.  She'd rather not wear something where probably not all fleshy parts of the dead animal were completely removed.  She'd rather stay naked and besides, there wasn't enough for everybody.  She could wait until they found some real clothes.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #218 on: <02-04-13/1613:19> »
"You can ask what you like, whether I answer or not will be my call."  Blackeagle said as he gathered up the used dishes, "Why I am up here is easy, because normally there isn't anybody else around.  You folks showing up made me curious, and after I watched you for long enough and realized you were probably not dangerous, I figured you might could use some help."

Getting up and getting his waterbag from his pack, a large bladder that looked like the stomach of some animal, he settled back down to clean up the collected dishes.  "I never saw you before I came across you leaving the clearing back there, but I am familiar with what the elves do with tresspassers, I read about it on Shadowland back in the wired days.  Problem is that happened over by Portland, there aren't any pointy earred settlements out this way, so now you got me curious as to what you got yourselves into..  If there is gonna be a lotta naked amnesiac pinkskins getting dumped in my valley I may just have to find a better neighborhood."

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #219 on: <02-04-13/1625:18> »
Sam smiled. "Well, now we have some common ground. Seems all nine of us want to know what the hell a bunch of "amnesiac pinkskins" are doing traipsing through the woods naked and how to prevent that...situation...from continuing. Problem is, eight of us are a little, um, under-equipped for any sort of extended information-gathering exercises. So, I propose a deal: you provide us anything you can that might help us in our current situation--somewhere we might get some gear, anything you can think of that could help us find the people who dumped us, and so on--and in exchange, we do what we can to make sure the bastards don't do this again."

[spoiler]Crossbow, let me know if you want a roll for this.[/spoiler]

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #220 on: <02-04-13/1731:19> »
"Well, no offense meant towards your hospitality, but I'm sure we'd all very much like to find out the mac soith who did this, and get back to Seattle.  Would you know anything about points nearby for Matrix access, or the hunting lodge we found through astral scouting?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #221 on: <02-04-13/1752:48> »
Elves, Tir Tairngire, Laes... Nothing sounded familiar to Clementine. The memory loss made sense if laes had been involved. But that would mean she had been running with this group, and it had been a very short run from meeting the Johnson to getting drugged. She decided that the best way to get more information about this was to get in contact with the person who had set her up with the meeting in the first place. But that meant finding a Matrix signal. Red might come in handy after all.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #222 on: <02-04-13/2019:32> »
As he considered the implication of the whole group having been dosed with laés, other possibilities occurred to Fionn.  Is it possible that getting us out here was their entire goal?  There's a hunting lodge, but only a live-off-the-land sort who apparently hasn't seen anyone else here for some time.  Could this have been designed to help someone find him?  Maybe this valley had another use before he decided to make it his home...

And if someone's kidnapping runners like this, could this have anything to do with what happened to Maeve?

As all this ran through his head, he examined the remaining barghest hide to consider what he might be able to do with it.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #223 on: <02-04-13/2124:43> »
"I appriciate your offer Torley, and I may take you up on it someday, but I think the first thing we need to worry about is getting you all home, or more immediately, out of my valley."

Blackeagle scoops the last scraps of stew onto the plates of the folks still eating and washes out his pot.

"That lodge is mine, you can squat there for the night if you like, but there ain't much there for you.  There is a truck there that someone can take into Yakima, near there is the closest your otaku is to getting back online."

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #224 on: <02-04-13/2143:16> »
"Well, you have been out of it for a while.  'Otaku' isn't really the term anymore.  The abilities I have now are somewhat different than the ones I had when I was younger - I have it on good authority that we wouldn't have been able to access the wireless 'trix with what we had back then; our power has changed somehow.  And not every otaku became a technomancer, nor is every technomancer a former otaku."  He paused for a second, something else occurring to him.  "And if you've been out long enough to still be using the term, how is it that you're not taking note of the fact that I lack a datajack?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites