NEWS

[SETUP] the Mafia Affair

• 72 Replies

Scarecrow71

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <09-04-12/2224:45> »
Seems like Whisper and Brass Tacks have some stuff in common.  Especially the mafia angle. Bit you want to take out The Nose so I don't have to pay him back, I would be indebted to you!
I could wile away the hours conversing with the flowers
Consulting with the rain
And my head I'd be scratching while my thoughts were busy hatching
If I only had a brain...

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

dashifen

• Chummer
« Reply #61 on: <09-05-12/0940:12> »
Great!  I now have all four characters :)

I will be converting them onto sheets for my own reference tonight and we can probably get started tomorrow.  From the above conversation, it looks to me like you'll all be meeting for the first time when you meet with Mr. Johnson, is that the case?  Maybe you've crossed paths or maybe you've heard of each other (I'm not a fan of the reputation scores so you can just choose whether or not you have) but it's a new team.  Is that correct?

@Scare Crow - for the purposes of the scenario, Tony the Nose is attached to the larger Ciarniello syndicate. Do you consider Brass Tacks to have built up some trust in the syndicate over his 7 years of working for them, or is he still considered an outside that's working off his debt? 

@Gustovness - Maybe it's up there and I missed it, but why is your dude turning to shadowrunning?  Money?  Fame?  Boredom?

@All - I'm going to use Ciarniello as the primary syndicate for the scenario.  This keeps Whisper's past ... "entanglements" ... with the Gianellis as something to consider but nothing that needs to be specifically focused on.  The scenario was originally set in Philadelphia (since I lived near there at the time I wrote it) so I'll just be transplanting it and changing some of the names around to make it line up with the canon syndicates in Seattle.  I still reserve the right to add NPCs into the syndicate hierarchies that may not appear in canon materials though.  So don't run off to Seattle 2072 the second I name a name since it may not be in there :)

Kotori (PDF, Vehicles, Chummer)

Scarecrow71

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <09-05-12/1028:46> »
Whichever organized outfit you think is the best for BT to be associated with, that's fine with me.

I'd say he's built up some trust with Tony and his lackeys, but in the organization overall...not so much.  He's largely dealt with Tony and his hirelings, and while not completely oblivious to the rest of the syndicate, he hasn't dealt much with them.  I see him as being in that grey area between being part of the crew and still being on the outside paying off his debt.  And he's not dumb enough anymore to cross anybody that Tony tells him is part of the club, if you know what I mean.

As for knowing each other, I'm going to assume that I've at least heard of Whisper, considering we are traveling in the same circles (relatively speaking).
Consulting with the rain
If I only had a brain...

Father_Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #63 on: <09-05-12/1130:47> »
Works fine for me. :)

And I am fine with Brass Tacks and Whisper being aware of each other, just likely wouldn't have much of a relationship with him yet. More of a "Hey he's someone I may be able to use/work with to accomplish my goals" sort of awareness.

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <09-05-12/2317:15> »
sorry I have not posted much lately, been a little busy gettin ready for college. I should have char backstory posted by tomarrow hopefull as I hit a "writers block" as it were when I tried to flesh out the concept/idea.
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

dashifen

• Chummer
« Reply #65 on: <09-06-12/0835:42> »
College is important.  Grades > Gaming, IMO.  'Course, I work for a University, so I might be a little biased. 

This is a good moment to ask another question:  what's everyone's availability?

I'm going to be most available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm Eastern time.  That's when I'm at my desk during the day and so I can quickly respond to posts (I have the system notifying me of new ones) throughout the day.  I might be sporadically available on the weekends but since I'm not tethered to a computer for 8+ hours a day then, it's often the case that I'll be getting back to you all either later in the day on Sat./Sun. or on Monday morning.

At the moment, I have no major vacations scheduled for the next few weeks but if I have to disappear for some reason, I'll do my best to let you all know.

Scarecrow71

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <09-06-12/0936:06> »
Dash, I'm pretty much like you.  Tied to my desk M-F, 630 am - 4 pm Pacific, with sprinklings of availability at night and on weekends.  And I've got 2 laptops going - work and personal - so unless I'm on a call, I can pretty much respond to anything right away.
Consulting with the rain
If I only had a brain...

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <09-06-12/0943:01> »
Why Gust is running the shadows:

Gust has always been a "button down shirt and tie" kind of guy.  He went to college and got his degree in electrical engineering in order to land a good job.  He didn't fall directly into the shadows.  He took up martial arts and weight training as a teenager to defend himself from bullies and gangers.  This transitioned into a appreciation of the UFC, where he met like minded fans, which led to one of those fans offering him a job as a bouncer at a night club.  Gust was trying to expand his horizons and venture out of his comfort zone.  Also, the school debt that loomed over him was enough incentive to land a part time job.

When he lost his full time job due to down sizing, his only source of income was from the bouncer gig.  The next natural evolution was to make the best out of the last source of income that he had.  A low level security guard at a place of accepted vice like a night club can be a gateway into the underworld.  All Gust had to do was ask his head of security, Bear, to hook him up with any side work that he might know of (head bouncers are real life fixers), and pointed him in the direction of the rest of you guys.

Gust doesn't know any of you.  This run is most definitely putting him out of his comfort zone.  He's here out of desperation, needing the money to pay off his legal debts (he doesn't owe any criminal elements) so that he can live that high end life style that was promised him at the start of college.

Vacations:

I actually have a few vacations coming up. 

End of Sept - first week of Oct, I'll be flying back home for my best friend's wedding.  I should still have access to the internet but I will be less active. 

Nov I'm going with the family to Disney for a week.  One post a day minimum is guaranteed, however.

End of the year, however, I'm going to South Africa and I'm told internet will be a rare luxury.  I know it's a long way away, but I figure most people's availability will drop off around the holidays as well.

I'm frackin' stoked for this!!!!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <09-06-12/0944:56> »
Oh, and I work from home so I'll be able to contribute at any time of the day, on any day.  I'm an internet junkie, so I should respond quickly 24/7
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <09-07-12/1728:04> »
So will the IC and OOC threads have the same name as this one? and when are we expected to start?
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

dashifen

• Chummer
« Reply #70 on: <09-10-12/0901:11> »
We start soon.  Today or tomorrow.  The threads will be named [IC] the Mafia Affair and [OOC] the Mafia Affair.  I just have some more notes to make re: your contacts and then I'm good to go.

dashifen

• Chummer
« Reply #71 on: <09-11-12/1106:08> »
I reviewed characters last night and this morning (at work; I'm a bad person) and found one that was slightly incomplete and another that was more seriously broken.  If you don't know what I'm talking about then you're probably not one of the players who needs to do a little tweaking.

Also, in light of the fact that I just spent about 2 hours at work messing with SR characters, I'm not going to get the IC/OOC threads posted until about 5:30 PM Eastern time.  But, I'll get them up then and we'll get things started.

dashifen

• Chummer
« Reply #72 on: <09-11-12/1919:03> »
OOC:  http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=8585
IC: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=8586

We can keep using this thread for character questions if anyone has them, but otherwise, we can take it mostly to those two.  Once this thread dies off, we can abandon it complete.