NEWS

Puck's fate

• 80 Replies

Loki

• Omae
« on: <02-11-11/0025:01> »
In the Corp guide, the flavor story fills us in where the lil scamp has been since setting off after the discordians. Resting comfortably with the fine people at MCT, enjoying leisurely vivisections and brain probes that he wishes happened to his other end. My question is who the hells is Doctor Catherine Sharon? She obviously knows Puck well as she refers to him as her favorite pest or some such. Searched Shutdown and if she's there I missed her. Thoughts, theories, recollections?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <02-11-11/0808:42> »
I don't think we have more information, but I'll check my files when I get home (which reminds me that I have to get back to that project...).

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #2 on: <02-12-11/0623:55> »
There was a chapter opening flavor text with Puck being experimented on, and another technomancer, a deep-cover corporate one stumbling into him in a lab. I think that was in Corporate Sourcebook.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <02-12-11/1141:17> »
There was a chapter opening flavor text with Puck being experimented on, and another technomancer, a deep-cover corporate one stumbling into him in a lab. I think that was in Corporate Sourcebook.
Corporate Guide, p. 106, beginning of the Mitsuhama section.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #4 on: <02-12-11/1311:04> »
An obvious story hook. We love them, don't we? :)
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <02-12-11/1404:00> »
That's the story I was referring to.

Fortinbras

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <02-15-11/0224:03> »
I compiled everything I could find on the Pucker for FastJack and thought I'd share what I could about his disappearance.
Here is what I've got so far...

The last time we hear from Puck* was during Unwired. There he says he was tracking a group of AIs called Code Clan. Code Clan was connected with a technomancer cult called the Discordians, some of whom are former members of Ex Pacis. After that, Netcat says that Puck was offline for 5 days.

Next, we see the scene in Corporate Guide where he's being tortured and experimented on. This is relevant because the first time we saw Puck in Shutdown, this is what he was doing to others.

Then, in Feral Cities, Netcat drags Pistons to GeMiTo to meets with a gang called the Capotreni, who were the last people Puck went to see before he disappeared. The Capotreni seem somehow connected to technomancers. The German wiki claims they are a technomancer gang, but I can not confirm this.

Lastly, in Vice, Netcat and Pistons are in Afghanistan trying to barter passage to Kolkata in Bengal, India. This is of note because Kolkata(or Kolkota) Integrated Talent & Technologies was one of the hubs Winternight and Ex Pacis used to launch the Jormungand virus.
Earlier in Vice, it also notes that Friday, the only surviving Norn of Winternight, has recently escaped. Clockwork then spells it out that a psychopathic killer who used to run with Pax is on the loose and that Puck has gone missing while investigating Ex Pacis.

*Puck also has a comment at the beginning of Vice about high-tech arson. Considering there are not one, but two references to his disappearance later in the book, this would imply that all the info in Vice was compiled at different times.

Dr. Catherine Sharon doesn't appear in any other material I can find. She does have a first name for a last name, which is not to be trusted unless that last name is Wayne(John and Bruce.)
« Last Edit: <02-15-11/0227:06> by Fortinbras »
O, proud Death, What feast is toward thine eternal cell, That thou so many princes at a shot So bloodily hast struck?
Fortinbras- Hamlet. Act V, Sceen II

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <02-15-11/0432:37> »
I think Dr. Sharon's name is more in line with Ariel Sharon than the female first name...

Otherwise, useful info!
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <02-15-11/0804:23> »
I compiled everything I could find on the Pucker for FastJack and thought I'd share what I could about his disappearance.
Here is what I've got so far...

The last time we hear from Puck* was during Unwired. There he says he was tracking a group of AIs called Code Clan. Code Clan was connected with a technomancer cult called the Discordians, some of whom are former members of Ex Pacis. After that, Netcat says that Puck was offline for 5 days.

Next, we see the scene in Corporate Guide where he's being tortured and experimented on. This is relevant because the first time we saw Puck in Shutdown, this is what he was doing to others.

Then, in Feral Cities, Netcat drags Pistons to GeMiTo to meets with a gang called the Capotreni, who were the last people Puck went to see before he disappeared. The Capotreni seem somehow connected to technomancers. The German wiki claims they are a technomancer gang, but I can not confirm this.

Lastly, in Vice, Netcat and Pistons are in Afghanistan trying to barter passage to Kolkata in Bengal, India. This is of note because Kolkata(or Kolkota) Integrated Talent & Technologies was one of the hubs Winternight and Ex Pacis used to launch the Jormungand virus.
Earlier in Vice, it also notes that Friday, the only surviving Norn of Winternight, has recently escaped. Clockwork then spells it out that a psychopathic killer who used to run with Pax is on the loose and that Puck has gone missing while investigating Ex Pacis.

*Puck also has a comment at the beginning of Vice about high-tech arson. Considering there are not one, but two references to his disappearance later in the book, this would imply that all the info in Vice was compiled at different times.

Dr. Catherine Sharon doesn't appear in any other material I can find. She does have a first name for a last name, which is not to be trusted unless that last name is Wayne(John and Bruce.)
Very useful info.

As I'm going through my project and the info that Fortinbras sent on, I'd like to take a moment and open this up to anyone else out there: If you got a favorite character that you've been keeping track of like Fortinbras, and want to give an "old man" a hand, compile the info you got into a PM and send it over to me. My Shadowfiles are being based off of sourcebooks at this time, but even I can miss some stuff in my scans (after all, I am looking through everything). There's no real reward other than a byline in the files I'm compiling, but every bit of Rep helps you with the Johnsons. ;)

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <02-15-11/2227:43> »
Thank you Fortinbras.   :)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #10 on: <02-16-11/0955:54> »
I knew I know that name. Dr. Sharon - see Emergency: p.p10/11

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <02-16-11/2344:12> »
I knew I know that name. Dr. Sharon - see Emergency: p.p10/11

Awesome, thank you.

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #12 on: <03-22-11/1300:07> »
Also wish to add to that lovely summation that in Corporate Guide, the anonymous yak whose rantings formed up the corrupted file that was used to introduce MCT refered to the Rose Garden. At the end of that chapter, FastJack has worked his magic to clean up a small bit of corrupted data and it mentions the 'Silver Thorn', which would be Puck.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

SirDelta

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <06-14-11/1343:17> »

Now, I am really just making things up here, but what if Dr. Catherine Sharon is a post-Fading Pax?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #14 on: <06-14-11/1410:24> »
It will be interesting to see what's detailed about Puck in the upcoming Street Legends.