NEWS

Puck's fate

• 80 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #15 on: <06-14-11/1828:57> »
Dr. Catherine Sharon doesn't appear in any other material I can find. She does have a first name for a last name, which is not to be trusted unless that last name is Wayne(John and Bruce.)

Now, I am really just making things up here, but what if Dr. Catherine Sharon is a post-Fading Pax?

oh fuck...eee..forgive me...Puck

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <06-14-11/1926:03> »
Dr. Catherine Sharon doesn't appear in any other material I can find. She does have a first name for a last name, which is not to be trusted unless that last name is Wayne(John and Bruce.)
Now, I am really just making things up here, but what if Dr. Catherine Sharon is a post-Fading Pax?
OK, that scares even me.  And would be right up her alley, too.  ESPECIALLY if she didn't go Technomancer!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #17 on: <06-14-11/1949:50> »

Interesting theory, and I'm certain that Pax is still out there somewhere. But given her pre-Deus life, it's unlikely that she could've gotten doctored up quickly enough to sign on with a coporate techno-hunt, even allowing for her wanting to even deal with a corporation in a somewhat sane manner. Before Crash 2.0, Pax had well degenerated into a full-on dissonant otaku. Not something you can just drop to suit a cover story (much like expecting a toxic mage to simply give up their toxic nature in order to hide better).
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #18 on: <06-14-11/2001:56> »
Whose to say she gave it up?

The Rose Garden sounds right up her kind of insane...  And having papers that prove you're a doctor are easy enough to get if you know how, and Pax never was a stupid person at all...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <06-14-11/2337:24> »
Interesting theory, and I'm certain that Pax is still out there somewhere. But given her pre-Deus life, it's unlikely that she could've gotten doctored up quickly enough to sign on with a coporate techno-hunt, even allowing for her wanting to even deal with a corporation in a somewhat sane manner. Before Crash 2.0, Pax had well degenerated into a full-on dissonant otaku. Not something you can just drop to suit a cover story (much like expecting a toxic mage to simply give up their toxic nature in order to hide better).
That can all be explained away. However, an alias is an alias, and does not necessarily mean that just because she is "Dr. Sharon" means she's a doctor.  I think any medical or doctoral-level qualifications are subsidiary to the actual knowledge Pax could bring to the table.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #20 on: <06-14-11/2354:43> »
And it doesn't say what she's a doctor OF, either, does it?  She could have the equivalent of a Doctorate in Mathematics.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

SirDelta

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <06-15-11/0004:10> »
So, I just kinda threw that out there.  Can you guys explain what exactly it would mean if she is Pax? (I know who Pax is, I just can't see her motives and such.)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #22 on: <06-15-11/0019:21> »
It means that the Rose Garden is run by Crazytown, Population:  Pax.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <06-15-11/0032:35> »
It also means that MCT is putting their money on a horse in a race no one wants to be run.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #24 on: <06-15-11/0103:33> »
It also means that MCT is putting their money on a horse in a race no one wants to be run.
To be fair, MCT is putting their money on a whole RACE TRACK that no one wants.  Just so that they can be the ones that control it (Or so they think.).

Ares seems to be doing the same with Insect Spirits.  And don't even get us started with Aztechnology.

Evo's backing of Transhumanism can be seen the same way, < Obi-Wan >from a certain point of view< /Obi-Wan >.

We don't know what Horizon's deal is (If it even has one!).

S-K, well, is a Dragon.

NeoNET is searching for a new name.  :P

Renraku is still reeling from the PR Flack of the Arcology deal, and having it seized by the UCAS using Eminent Domain (You better believe the other Megas aren't letting them live that one down any time soon!), and is probably still experimenting around with AIs.

Wuxing appears to be working with trying to get the ultimate in Geomancy, Feng Shui, and other assorted magical power lines.

Really, only Shiawase seems to not be holding the "Idiot Ball" when it comes to the overwhelming power bit (NeoNET trying to get the penultimate name that will make it the most powerful Mega, apparently.).  Of course, they had a dead man on the board for a few years which might explain a few things...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <06-15-11/0105:17> »
I don't know. The kami spirit stuff in Corp Guide has potential.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #26 on: <06-15-11/0134:00> »
To be fair, MCT is putting their money on a whole RACE TRACK that no one wants.  Just so that they can be the ones that control it (Or so they think.).

Ares seems to be doing the same with Insect Spirits.  And don't even get us started with Aztechnology.

Evo's backing of Transhumanism can be seen the same way, < Obi-Wan >from a certain point of view< /Obi-Wan >.

We don't know what Horizon's deal is (If it even has one!).

S-K, well, is a Dragon.

NeoNET is searching for a new name.  :P

Renraku is still reeling from the PR Flack of the Arcology deal, and having it seized by the UCAS using Eminent Domain (You better believe the other Megas aren't letting them live that one down any time soon!), and is probably still experimenting around with AIs.

Wuxing appears to be working with trying to get the ultimate in Geomancy, Feng Shui, and other assorted magical power lines.

Really, only Shiawase seems to not be holding the "Idiot Ball" when it comes to the overwhelming power bit (NeoNET trying to get the penultimate name that will make it the most powerful Mega, apparently.).  Of course, they had a dead man on the board for a few years which might explain a few things...

Flawless resume :)

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <06-15-11/0310:09> »
Renraku is also doing some funky genetics work towards the 'Awakened gene' (Corporate Guide, pg 146).  Now this may be motivated by the desire to hork up their magical capability, but given the Japanacorp mindset, I'm inclined to think the goal is to turn the gene off, so that the 'good old days' can come back.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #28 on: <06-15-11/0429:36> »
a "cure" for the oni?
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <06-15-11/0754:45> »
A "cure" for anyone who isn't baseline mundane human, I'd guess - except for maybe a 'select few'.  I never heard of anything like Human Nation hooks into Renraku before though, and I can't see Ryumyo allowing it to happen.