NEWS

Puck's fate

• 80 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #30 on: <06-15-11/1138:55> »
'Raku is a JapanaCorp, it's not like they need Human Nation Hooks in them to have heavy Anti-Metahuman "Leanings"...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <06-15-11/1300:58> »
Granted.  Which reminds me, we haven't heard as much from Yakashima for a while.

But I hope Puck escapes or is rescued, so we get to hear how he was grabbed.  Wonder if Clockwork was involved . . .

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #32 on: <06-15-11/1345:48> »
If he was, I think FastJack found the person whose junk needs punching.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <06-15-11/1724:24> »
'Raku is a JapanaCorp, it's not like they need Human Nation Hooks in them to have heavy Anti-Metahuman "Leanings"...
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Though, yeah, Yakashima is the really big HN supporter.

Renraku is also doing some funky genetics work towards the 'Awakened gene' (Corporate Guide, pg 146).  Now this may be motivated by the desire to hork up their magical capability, but given the Japanacorp mindset, I'm inclined to think the goal is to turn the gene off, so that the 'good old days' can come back.
Their escaped AI created the first bioengineered Awakened creature (Leeches). It would stand to reason that they might be one step ahead in the aftermath.

But I hope Puck escapes or is rescued, so we get to hear how he was grabbed.
Well ... Wait for Street Legends.
« Last Edit: <06-15-11/1726:46> by Crimsondude »

SirDelta

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <06-15-11/2030:31> »
But I hope Puck escapes or is rescued, so we get to hear how he was grabbed.
Well ... Wait for Street Legends.
[/quote]

Please tell me he's still alive.
That dude is one of my favorite characters in the setting.

CyberNed

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <07-02-11/0104:34> »
I'll be honest, I don't know all about Pax et al. other than what I've read in SR4, but the Pax = Sharon connection is a pretty interesting theory. Certainly explains how he ended up from being on the trail of one and into the hands of the other. 'Course they (Puck and MCT) could have both been looking for the same thing and crossed paths...

Good lord, if JJ Abrams really wants to mindscrew people, he should forget about Lost and Alias and all that and just do a Shadowrun TV show... There is just no end to the unresolved plot points in this world  :P

Flawless resume :)

Was this meant to be mind-heard in the voice of Shao Khan? Because that's totally what I got from it.
"Hi, I'm TV's Cyberned. You might remember me from such Exciting shadowruns as 'BTL? WTF!' and 'One, Two, Three, Four, I Declare a Gang War'...

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <07-02-11/0214:18> »
You shut your mouth! Don't ever mention that name.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #37 on: <07-02-11/0724:01> »
You shut your mouth! Don't ever mention that name.

Which one...Shao Kahn? :)

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #38 on: <08-16-11/0019:42> »
No. JJ Abrams.  ;D
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #39 on: <08-16-11/0733:32> »
Ironically, you put Lost and Alias together and all you're missing is Elves & Dragons. ;)

Oh, and Puck's write-up in Street Legends was great!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #40 on: <08-18-11/0759:40> »
Here's a bit of Fridge Horror for you.

Before Street Legends, it was never made clear whether Puck was a Technomancer or not. What if his time on Dr. Sharon's/Pax's table "re-awoke" his abilities?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #41 on: <08-18-11/0952:12> »
Is that a confirmation that Dr. Sharon is Pax?  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <08-18-11/1010:29> »
Oh, and Puck's write-up in Street Legends was great!
You mean the fiction, which casually mentions that Deus and Pax are still around like this was totally uninteresting news? Or the shadowtalkers, who totally fail to recognize the resurrection of several Megahitlers wort of evil -- except for Slamm-0!'s shout-out, apparently the guy whose GF just toured the world to save Puck now wants to feed him to Deus. Or maybe the stat block representing some dude who has read a bit about AIs (Knowledge skills: AIs 3, Urban Brawl 3) and neither has the implants of a White nor the Essence hole from plucking them out?

Besides those errors, I also was a bit disappointed because I was hoping we'd finally get more on his fate than just one small hint at a time...oh well, one day he and Netcat will hopefully tell us what the hell happened...

@CR: Not in Street Legends IIRC

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #43 on: <08-18-11/1205:09> »
Is that a confirmation that Dr. Sharon is Pax?  ;D
Confirmation on the speculation that she may be Pax?

Yes. ;)

Teiran

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <08-18-11/1212:16> »
You mean the fiction, which casually mentions that Deus and Pax are still around like this was totally uninteresting news? Or the shadowtalkers, who totally fail to recognize the resurrection of several Megahitlers wort of evil -- except for Slamm-0!'s shout-out, apparently the guy whose GF just toured the world to save Puck now wants to feed him to Deus.

Two things stand out to me here. 

This wasn't one of the "Fiction" sections detailing events in the world.  This was a write up by Icarus about Puck, which makes all of this section shadowtalk.  Thus, everything in the entry on Puck is opinion or second hand conjecture, not solid honest fact.  All of the character write ups in Legends contain a bias, just look at how Mika and Ma'Fan snipe at each other in their entries.  That's half the fun, you're not sure if what is being said is true, it's about telling a good story. 

And two: nobody is surprised by Icarus claiming that Pax and Deus are still alive because it's simply not news to the people of Jackpoint. 

Everybody knew Pax was probably still alive, she dissapeared after the Crash 2.0, and no body being found almost always means 'not dead' in the 6th world. 

Lots of people also suspected that Deus was still alive too.  They say as much when AIs began popping up all over the Matrix in Emergance. 

You only have to look at some of the discussions taking place between players on this forum for evidence that these two evils returning isn't news.  People have been theorizing that Pax is Dr. Shannon or Deus being the annoymous poster, or even the Horizon Consensus

Or maybe the stat block representing some dude who has read a bit about AIs (Knowledge skills: AIs 3, Urban Brawl 3) and neither has the implants of a White nor the Essence hole from plucking them out?

Now these are probably an actual flub in proofing.  The otaku had datajacks, and while it is possible to repair essence loss now I'm not sure Puck would have bothered.  Still, it doesn't change anything about the stats of puck as a technomancer.  Nor, honestly, does the low AI knowledge skill.  (Though given how idiotic Puck has been about AIs in the past you could almost argue he's not exactly an expert on them.)