NEWS

One handed assault rifle!?

• 48 Replies

Dylants

• Newb
« Reply #45 on: <02-22-16/0209:21> »
some people really are happy playing the "drooling couch potato" until combat comes up.

And yes, it drives me nuts as well....
We used to have a player exactly like that. Would show up, get his dice and sheet arranged, and then bust out Fruit Ninja or Angry Birds on his phone until he heard the magical words "Roll for Initiative".

I say used to b/c he eventually realized the rest of the group was rather cerebral and enjoyed the story side of the game instead of the "how many dice can I roll" side.

Well not everyone gets off on the same thing. I most enjoy character creation and planning phase. That is the most interesting for me. I don't less of someone who gets off on the combat. It's the risk and rush of defeating the opposition, it can be very appealing. Others just like the RPG aspect and that's okay.

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #46 on: <02-22-16/0216:13> »
Personally, I wouldn't allow it. The recoil would be insane and the gun would kick and flail wildly about. Certain weapons requiring two hands to use is part of weapon balance in Shadowrun. One option would be to have him play a Nartaki with ambidexterity, then he can carry both the shield and assault rifle.
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #47 on: <02-22-16/1207:50> »
It's gone past that point, Shadowjack.  Now it's an MMG with a mounted shield (which is completely plausible). 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <02-22-16/1212:13> »
Personally, I wouldn't allow it. The recoil would be insane and the gun would kick and flail wildly about. Certain weapons requiring two hands to use is part of weapon balance in Shadowrun. One option would be to have him play a Nartaki with ambidexterity, then he can carry both the shield and assault rifle.

Since he only needs one arm per shield I guess he could use the upper two for the assault rifle and the botom 2 carry a shield each.   ::)