« on: <04-30-15/1031:51> »
Away from book

Reaction cyberwarw not wired reflexes

Does it stack with adept version of wired reflexes

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-30-15/1052:48> »
No.  Adepts get a power called Improved Reflexes.  While this is, in some ways, functionally the same as the augmentation Wired Reflexes, it's a separate thing for the purposes of the rules.  Also, the power's description specifies that it does not stack other increases to Initiative.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-30-15/1137:52> »
On phone

Was refering to how the reaction cyberware that costs about 15k interacts w/mystical wired reflexes

Also fairly certain they dont stack...but want to make sure and make sure we r on same page
« Last Edit: <04-30-15/1139:23> by JmOz01 »

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-30-15/1140:07> »
Right, my point is there isn't something called mystical wired reflexes.  There's something called Improved Reflexes.  The distinction matters because the wireless bonus from Reaction Enhancers only works with Wired Reflexes, which is a very specific piece of cyberware, not a catch-all phrase for various things (spells, adept powers) that add to your initiative in a similar fashion.

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-30-15/1207:54> »
Improved Reflexes stacks with Reaction and Initiative increasing augmentation. Only augmentations cannot stack with other reaction-based augmentation with the exception of Reaction Enhancers and Wired Reflexes in wireless mode.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-30-15/1301:54> »
Improved Reflexes stacks with Reaction and Initiative increasing augmentation. Only augmentations cannot stack with other reaction-based augmentation with the exception of Reaction Enhancers and Wired Reflexes in wireless mode.

From SR5

"the increase cannot be combined with other technological or magical increases to Initiative."

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-30-15/1352:45> »
Improved Reflexes does not stack with Wired Reflexes' Initiative bonuses. It does stack with it's Reaction bonus, though (although that's not a good deal). It also stack with other increases to Reaction. This probably also increases Initiative (since it's not an Initiative bonus, but a Reaction bonus, and Improved Reflexes does not address Reaction bonuses - and Reaction increasing initiative isn't a magical or technological increase itself), but there's debate on that.

Wired Reflexes also stacks with increases to Reaction or Initiative that aren't Augmentations, unless they specify that they don't stack with other bonuses themselves (like Improved Reflexes does, for Initiative).

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-30-15/1418:31> »
Improved Reflexes does not stack with Wired Reflexes' Initiative bonuses. It does stack with it's Reaction bonus, though (although that's not a good deal). It also stack with other increases to Reaction. This probably also increases Initiative (since it's not an Initiative bonus, but a Reaction bonus, and Improved Reflexes does not address Reaction bonuses - and Reaction increasing initiative isn't a magical or technological increase itself), but there's debate on that.

Wired Reflexes also stacks with increases to Reaction or Initiative that aren't Augmentations, unless they specify that they don't stack with other bonuses themselves (like Improved Reflexes does, for Initiative).

I would be cautious about this reading.  It's understandably tempting to parse differences between augmentations and enhancements, but I'm not entirely convinced that if those differences exist that they're applied consistently throughout the text.

Reaction enhancers state, "Reaction enhancers are incompatible with all other enhancements to Reaction."  Improved Reflexes does add to Reaction and what an enhancement is, precisely, is a little vague.  But if we accept that Improved Reflexes is an enhancement, they would not stack.  The text of Improved Reflexes is less clear, since it refers to "this increase" as being incompatible with technological increases to Initiative and there's been much discussion about Initiative vs. Initiative Score vs. derived attributes already and it's not clear if "this increase" refers to the power as a whole or the increase in dice and Reaction as separate things.

I can say that the general intent is that initiative increases are generally intended to be siloed--cyberware, bioware, adept powers, Health spells all representing distinct ways of achieving the same effect.  The RE/WR wireless interaction breaks that rule at the cost of wireless vulnerability. 

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <04-30-15/1551:41> »
While Improved Reflexes might or might not be compatible with other increases to Reaction (but not Initiative), Reaction Enhancers are not.

SR5 p. 455 Reaction Enhancers
Reaction enhancers are incompatible with all other enhancements to Reaction, including wired reflexes.

So no, you cannot benefit from both Improved Reflexes Adept Power and Reaction Enhancements Augmentation at the same time.

SR5 p. 421 Incompatibility
When two items are incompatible ... you cannot use the effects of both items at the same time. If one item of gear says it’s incompatible and the other doesn’t, they’re incompatible. You can have both items if you want, you just have to pick what piece of gear to use at what time.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #9 on: <04-30-15/1705:48> »
I read this as not 'stacking'.  You can HAVE Reaction Enhancers AND Improved Reflexes.  You'll take the higher of the two in each place.

Reaction Enhancers 3 and Improved Reflexes 1 will give you +3 Reaction +1d6 Initiative.  It's a horrible way to go about doing things, of course.

The only time you can stack Reaction Bonuses is when using Reaction Enhancers and Wired Reflexes in Wireless Mode.

The only time, as far as I can tell, that you can stack Initiative Dice is the Increase Reflexes Spell and Drugs, these being the only two sources of Initiative Dice increases that don't specifically mention that they won't combine.

Based on your House interpretation, Wired Reflexes won't combine with any other Augmentation, so your GM might rule that it can stack with the Increase Reflexes spell or Drugs.

For Missions play, I believe Bull has ruled that ALL increases are 'augmentations' whether they are called that in the book or not (so from Spells, Ware, and Drugs) so you cannot combine any Initiative sources.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <04-30-15/1710:16> »

From SR5

"the increase cannot be combined with other technological or magical increases to Initiative."
This one is from Lightning Reflexes, which leads me to believe that you can combine Improved Reflexes with drugs.
This quality is not cumulative with any other Initiative enhancement, be it technological, chemical, or magical.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <04-30-15/1714:07> »
Honestly, I think that's really evidence that people became more aware of drug-stacking questions as later books got released.  That is totally a guess, but you can detect certain shifts in language as the product line developed.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-30-15/1739:03> »
I don't doubt it - Missions doesn't differentiate, which is a good baseline to check for abusable options.

Still, for the risk of eventually burning a character, I'd rather see some incentive.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <04-30-15/1924:43> »
I don't doubt it - Missions doesn't differentiate, which is a good baseline to check for abusable options.

Still, for the risk of eventually burning a character, I'd rather see some incentive.

Outside of Missions, I don't think there's been any word on drug stacking.  I allow it simply because I'm the GM so I know the downsides will be enforced.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #14 on: <04-30-15/2325:06> »
Reaction cyberwarw not wired reflexes

Does it stack with adept version of wired reflexes
Assuming you mean the Cyberware "Reaction Enhancers" & the Adept Ability "Improved Reflexes" ........

Then No.  See Xenon's quote below.

While Improved Reflexes might or might not be compatible with other increases to Reaction (but not Initiative), Reaction Enhancers are not.

SR5 p. 455 Reaction Enhancers
Reaction enhancers are incompatible with all other enhancements to Reaction, including wired reflexes.

So no, you cannot benefit from both Improved Reflexes Adept Power and Reaction Enhancements Augmentation at the same time.

SR5 p. 421 Incompatibility
When two items are incompatible ... you cannot use the effects of both items at the same time. If one item of gear says it’s incompatible and the other doesn’t, they’re incompatible. You can have both items if you want, you just have to pick what piece of gear to use at what time.