NEWS

Augmented Attribute Maximums and the Increase Attribute spell

• 48 Replies

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #45 on: <03-10-15/0215:00> »
How do you always get those direct comments, Namikaze? :)

Anyway, of course the term was not well chosen with a chapter in Street Gear named "Augmentation". Maybe they should change it to something like "Implanted Augmentation" or something like that.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <03-10-15/1044:30> »
Just thought I'd pass along some info I got from Bull (who doublechecked with Jason):

"Augmented" is a global term to mean "Anything that boosts your stat above it's normal skill".  Probably not the best term for it, to be honest, since "Augmentation" in 4th ed referred largely to cyber/bio.  <shrug>  Anyway, it was designed to cap out stats a bit and put some emphasis back on natural stats again.

It was mainly a policy meant to fix an issue in 4th ed where a human could have a 1 natural, but still reach a 9 max attribute by slotting enough crap in place.  Which felt very weird and wrong.

Cool. I basically agree with the reasoning and its how I've played it. I thought it silly to say the only thing limited in a cyberpunk game was cyber, and assumed the limit was meant to be universal.

Ah auto-corrupt how you haunt my typing.

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <03-10-15/1504:34> »
Just thought I'd pass along some info I got from Bull (who doublechecked with Jason):

"Augmented" is a global term to mean "Anything that boosts your stat above it's normal skill".  Probably not the best term for it, to be honest, since "Augmentation" in 4th ed referred largely to cyber/bio.  <shrug>  Anyway, it was designed to cap out stats a bit and put some emphasis back on natural stats again.

It was mainly a policy meant to fix an issue in 4th ed where a human could have a 1 natural, but still reach a 9 max attribute by slotting enough crap in place.  Which felt very weird and wrong.

Huh, vindication.  Thanks for getting it from the source, and passing it along even though it contradicted your previous position. 

Drax

• Newb
« Reply #48 on: <03-11-15/1428:31> »
This is great information and addresses all of my questions about how to interpret and apply the rules concerning augmented stats.

Thanks all!