NEWS

Lullabye & Goodnight (OOC)

• 437 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« on: <11-25-14/1932:39> »
Standard expectations : Stuff straight from the book:
Morality: While I think characters should have some disagreements over morality I'd like everyone to have the same general direction, being good. I don't want to deal with particularly evil, sick or twisted characters. Generally speaking characters should not want to leave a trail of bodies on every run. I don't expect everyone to run around with only non-leathal weapons, this is a dystopia after all, but whether it because a character wants to avoid drawing the attention of the cops, or because they feel every life is sacred, wonton killing has heavy consequences. This is just one example I"d like to avoid violent psychopaths for characters. On the flip-side and to a lesser degree I don't expect there to be many Paladins in the Sixth world. If you want to be one of those runners who's out fighting the good fight, that's great! But a character that's particularly preachy isn't gonna work well with the guy who's just there to get a paycheck. I don't expect all the characters to be best friends, but you have to have similar moral foundations in order to work with each other.

Racisim This is a big part of the Sixth World and I have no problem implementing it against you guys. And I suggest that you consider the prejudices your character might have. Whether it something as mild as thinking trolls are kinda freaky looking or that Sasquatches aren't people no matter what anyone says. Consider prejudice tied to ethnicity and gender as well. While never hitting a woman is chivalrous and great and all that, it does come with preconceived ideas. The same can be said for many ethnicity, the great ghost dance wasn't THAT long ago, maybe your character assumes all natives are magic, or maybe you have a native character who remembers that it wasn't that long ago that white-man called for the extermination of Natives and magic was the only reason it didn't happen. And as a game it's ok for your character to express in-character prejudices. However, there are two instances of Racism I don't want in our game. First nothing from players, simple as that. Racist OOC comments will make you not welcome in this game. Second is where it disrupts the flow of game overly much. An elf supremacist, might be fun to play, an elf hater might be fun to play. But, why are they in the same party together? And would they really trust each other enough to function,or stay together after this one job is over?

Violence I touched on this a bit with morality. But there are a few lines that need to go here too. Graphic detail is unnecessary. One can describe graphic violence without graphic detail and thanks to Hollywood I'm pretty sure most of us can picture something worse then what we could type out. Even then graphic violence should have an effect on a character, much like killing. It's one thing to see a guy take a bullet or a beating. But a character finding someone who had been tortured to death after several days will at the very least be making some composure checks.

Sexuality I've found that role-playing and being behind a character can be a great safe and interesting way to explore sexuality. I've also found a tendency for gamers to be very immature about it. So please feel free to make a character with an alternative sexuality. In a world of magic and crazy body modifications, of poverty and decadency, of virtual reality and survival, sexual freedom is pretty much the norm. However picking up a hooker on every other street corner, or trying to hit on every person you meet with a 6 charisma is annoying and slows down the game, so feel free to role-play the sexuality of characters with a few limitations. First no need for explicit detail, if that's what you want they have different forums for that. We're here to role-play not fap. Second there will be no IC Rape, not with force, drugs or mind control. Feel free to have it as part of your characters history but it will not happen IC. Third as with racism, I don't want to see any OOC homophobia, transphobia etc. If someone want to make an LGBT character go for it, no one here will give you drek for it, if they do they're out.

My thanks to Moneyspider for posting these excellent ground rules. While obvious to me, I'm very aware that without the obvious all sorts of drek hits the air circulation device.

Second. Players, please post your characters here, backstories and then sheets. I'd like characters only as the first 8 entries. I haven't had the time to go over them yet since I'm starting earlier than I intended so you might get a message asking you to change this or that, just bear with me pls.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Tamesh

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <11-25-14/2005:57> »
Here's Red, the group's elf Face.

I’m not about to give you some drek about how growing up was hard on me.  I’m not full of myself enough to think I didn’t have it easier than ninety-nine percent of the Sixth World. My parents were both Saeder-Krupp employees, cogs in the corporate machine, matched by some compatibility algorithm to encourage productivity and create talented offspring. Not long after, I was born. A bouncing elven bundle of joy allowed to grow up with her parents, not because anyone particularly cared, but because corp studies show that children raised in more traditional households are substantially less likely to cause trouble later down the line. I guess I’m something of an outlier.

It didn’t take long for my parent corp to notice me. Childhood assessment tests showed I had unusually high aptitudes for interpersonal relationships and critical thinking. Saeder-Krupp had just found itself a potential branch manager.  Some of my earliest memories involve how to look a person in the eye and shake their hand just right. How to conduct myself at a corporate dinner. How to technically tell the truth while actually lying through your teeth. At nine years old, I had a datajack drilled into my skull and was taught how to use it to look up the corporate bios of people I’d just met without skipping a beat in the conversation. Puberty’s weird for everyone, but doubly so when you’re having your pheromones genetically reconfigured to maximize attractiveness. But I’d be lying if I said I didn’t love every second of it. I never went to bed hungry. I was always told I was special and I was going to grow up to be really important. The twenty first century, and I was a princess in an ivory tower. Owned by a fucking dragon, no less. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
At 16 it was decided for me that I’d marry a man from a smaller engineering corporation to smooth relationships and maybe pave the way for a takeover somewhere down the line. I didn’t think anything of it. I’d spent my whole life doing what Lofwyr decided was best, and this was no different. He was fine. Still is. Nothing really wrong with him, and he has a pretty comfortable stack of creds to boot. I’d just never tell him how I spend my weekends.

It’s hard to tell when I started into the shadows. It’s not like I’d grown up secretly pining for escape from this life. And there was never some Hollywood moment where I saw a corp blow up an orphanage full of puppies and vowed to take a stand. It’s just that eventually things got… Boring. All the nuyen I could ask for, and I still wanted something else. So I started walking down backstreets, just to see what was there. Dressing down and showing up in dive bars. Showing up home late and telling my husband that work had been especially brutal. It was only really a matter of time before shit hit the fan, I guess.

The corps aren’t stupid. They have their cameras and their tracking chips and the rest. They knew what I was up to. They just didn’t want things to get out of hand. What was some Renraku salaryman going to do when he found out the Assistant Head of Finances for SK-Northeast’s Accounting Division spent her weekends off company property, knee deep in trolls and gangers and who knows what else? Nothing good was going to come of it. They just swept me under the rug. Suddenly my department was deep in the red. My performance reviews were coming up bad, and my marriage going mysteriously south really fast. I got demoted and relocated so many times I lost count. I knew what was going on. I’d become inconvenient. And I was so mad, too. That whole life they’d built up for me, they just took away as soon as I’d become a liability.

It’s not like I could have just quit. But I had a fat stack of creds saved up, and by this point I already knew who in the shadows was worth talking to. According to the records, Regina Flynn, former financial-runner-turned-wage-slave, died in an unfortunate mishap with the machinery on a poorly maintained warehouse floor. I don’t doubt some of the higher-ups know the truth, but it’s good enough for me. No one has to know where I came from. They just have to know, here, now, in the shadows, there’s The Woman in the Red Dress. Or Red, if you prefer. Every day, runners exploit what the corps have made, turning it back on them for profit. I just do it a little differently.

== Info ==
Street Name: Red
Name: Regina Flynn
Movement: 6/12
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 0
Public Awareness: 0
Elf
Composure: 11
Judge Intentions: 12
Lift/Carry: 4 (30 kg/20 kg)
Memory: 5
Nuyen: 5545 (1000 from Medium Lifestyle, 4d6x100: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4733702/)

== Priorities ==
Metatype: D - Human or Elf
Attributes: C - 16 Attributes
Special: E - Mundane
Skills: B - 36 Skills/5 Skill Groups
Resources: A - 75,000¥

== Attributes ==
BOD: 2
AGI: 3
REA: 4
STR: 2
CHA: 8
INT: 4
LOG: 2
WIL: 3
EDG: 2

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                   5.7
Initiative:                8 + 1d6
Rigger Initiative:         8 + 1d6
Astral Initiative:         
Matrix AR Initiative:      8 + 1d6
Matrix Cold Initiative:    4 + DP + 3d6
Matrix Hot Initiative:     4 + DP + 4d6
Physical Damage Track:     9
Stun Damage Track:         10

== Limits ==
Physical:                  4
Mental:                    4
Social:                    9
   Armanté Dress [+2] (Must be visible)
Astral:                    9

== Active Skills ==
Animal Handling            : 0                      Pool: 7
Archery                    : 0                      Pool: 2
Armorer                    : 0                      Pool: 1
Automatics                 : 0                      Pool: 2
Blades                     : 1                      Pool: 4
Clubs                      : 0                      Pool: 2
Computer                   : 2                      Pool: 4
Con                        : 4 [Seduction]          Pool: 12 (14)
Cybercombat                : 0                      Pool: 1
Demolitions                : 0                      Pool: 1
Disguise                   : 4                      Pool: 8
Diving                     : 0                      Pool: 1
Escape Artist              : 1                      Pool: 4
Etiquette                  : 5                      Pool: 13
First Aid                  : 1                      Pool: 3
Forgery                    : 1                      Pool: 3
Free-Fall                  : 0                      Pool: 1
Gunnery                    : 0                      Pool: 2
Gymnastics                 : 1                      Pool: 4
Hacking                    : 0                      Pool: 1
Hardware                   : 1                      Pool: 3
Heavy Weapons              : 0                      Pool: 2
Impersonation              : 1                      Pool: 9
Instruction                : 0                      Pool: 7
Intimidation               : 1 [Mental]             Pool: 9 (11)
Leadership                 : 5                      Pool: 13
Longarms                   : 0                      Pool: 2
Medicine                   : 2                      Pool: 4
Navigation                 : 0                      Pool: 3
Negotiation                : 5                      Pool: 13
Palming                    : 2                      Pool: 5
Perception                 : 3                      Pool: 7
Performance                : 0                      Pool: 7
Pilot Ground Craft         : 1 [Bike]               Pool: 5 (7)
Pilot Watercraft           : 0                      Pool: 3
Pistols                    : 6                      Pool: 9
Running                    : 1                      Pool: 3
Sneaking                   : 2                      Pool: 5
Survival                   : 0                      Pool: 2
Swimming                   : 0                      Pool: 1
Throwing Weapons           : 0                      Pool: 2
Tracking                   : 0                      Pool: 3
Unarmed Combat             : 0                      Pool: 2

== Knowledge Skills ==
Business                   : 4                      Pool: 6
English                    : N                      Pool: 0
Fashion                    : 1                      Pool: 5
Gangs                      : 1                      Pool: 5
News                       : 4                      Pool: 8
Sperethiel                 : 2                      Pool: 6

== Contacts ==
Grizz (3, 2)
Heinrich Jones (2, 3)
Nicholas Dawson (4, 5)
Nicole (2, 3)

== Qualities ==
Human-Looking
Low-Light Vision
SINner (Corporate)

== Lifestyles ==
Tanya White (Middle)  3 months

== Cyberware/Bioware ==
Datajack
Tailored Pheromones Rating 1

== Armor ==
Armanté Dress                       8
Armor Clothing                      6
Clothing                            0
Urban Explorer Jumpsuit: Helmet     2

== Weapons ==
Ares Predator V
   +Laser Sight
   +Silencer
   +Smartgun System, Internal
   Pool: 9   Accuracy: 7   DV: 8P   AP: -1   RC: 1
Combat Knife
   Pool: 4   Accuracy: 6   DV: 4P   AP: -3   RC: 1
Fichetti Tiffani Needler
   +Concealable Holster
   Pool: 9   Accuracy: 7   DV: 8P(f)   AP: +5   RC: 1
Unarmed Attack
   Pool: 2   Accuracy: 4   DV: 2S   AP: -   RC: 1

== Commlink ==
Erika Elite (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 4, FWL: 4)
Meta Link (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 1, FWL: 1) x2

== Gear ==
Ammo: Flechette Rounds (Holdouts) x50
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Heavy Pistols) x50
AR Gloves
Fake License (Pistol License) Rating 3
Fake License (Driver's License) Rating 3
Fake SIN (Tanya White) Rating 3
Flare Compensation
Glasses Rating 2
Jammer, Directional Rating 3
Standard Rope (100m)
Thermographic Vision

== Vehicles ==
Yamaha Growler (Off-Road Bike)
   +Sensor Array Rating 2

Grizz (Connections 3, Loyalty 2)
An orc bartender who works at Doyle’s, one of your standard shady saloons in Seattle. He’s not terribly bright, but he does hear some of the interesting and occasionally profitable things his drunken clientele tend to say when they forget anyone’s listening. Not that he really owes me anything, but I tip pretty well so I occasionally hear a couple second-hand rumors from him.

Heinrich Jones (Connections 2, Loyalty 3)
A dwarf that dropped out of school to become a surgeon now makes his living patching up folks on the street. He’s not the best at what he does, but he’s damn good at not asking questions and that’s more important than any fancy scalpel-work as far as I’m concerned. I’ve referred all sorts of clients his way, so we’re on pretty good terms. Good guy to know in a pinch.

Nicholas Dawson  (Connections 4,Loyalty 5)
A human who helped me out of SK. He’s still on the inside and doesn’t want out, but he’s one of the few who actually knows about me. We’ve known each other a long time, and he’ll keep his mouth shut, but circumstances as they are mean I don’t get to see him as often as I’d like. Still, it’s good to know a guy on the inside every  once in a while.

Nicole (Connections 2, Loyalty 3)
I actually don’t know as much about Nicole as I’d like. I don’t know where she hears the things she does, or why she seems to like me as much as she does, or even what her last name is. But I know better than to snoop around and find out something I’d rather have never heard. Unless the money’s right, of course. What I do know is that Nicole is a damn fine fixer, and she can tell me what the Johnsons need me to hear.

« Last Edit: <12-06-14/2231:24> by Tamesh »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #2 on: <11-25-14/2015:10> »
== Info ==
Street Name: Duckdown AKA Duck
Name: Huey Malcolm Shabazz
Movement: 10/20
Ork Male Age 19
Height 6ft4 Weight l84 lbs
Composure: 10
Judge Intentions: 10
Lift/Carry: 8 (60 kg/40 kg)
Memory: 9
Nuyen: 87

== Description ==
Skinniest ork you've ever seen, but he sure is pretty. Or rather, he would be if he weren't trying so hard to be ugly. He keeps his hair long and straight, but never washes it, so it stays ratty. He's got tattoos in Or'zet surrounding the port of his datajack that say "Truth is Freedom" and a nasty "get back" scowl on his face whenever he has to deal with "squares". Dresses in simple street clothes; jeans, pullover shirts with band names or anti-corporate slogans on them, and black combat boots. ALWAYS the combat boots. He's got a strong chin, high cheek bones, and large tusks. Despite how skinny he is, he's quite attractive for an ork.

== Background ==
Orks don't live near as long as the rest of you, so we live harder. We dance harder, we fight harder, we sleep harder, we dream harder, we love harder. It's that last one that's the most powerful, man. Love, duuuuuude, love. Love's how the ugliest smeltery worker you ever seen ended up pairing with the raging fire of a woman that is my mother. She's 46 now, older than most of us get, and the proud mother of 11 daughters and 6 sons. I still got three brothers out there somewhere. They're all grown and moved on, i think one of em joined the army or went to jail or something. I'm not really sure. Sisters, i got two left out there. As rough as life is for everyone, it's even rougher for us, and rougher still for our women. I can't even imagine what trolls have to go through. damn. can't even imagine... Anyway, my sisters Agatha and Theresa still live in town. I'm pretty sure neither of them are officially members of a gang, but they hang out with those guys ALOT. Agatha's 13 years old. She's an adult. I don't really give a shit what SHE does, but Theresa is still just a kid. She should at least TRY to go to school. At least till she hated it so much, she started acting out and getting into fights to get out of it. That's what i did. That's what you're supposed to do. That's like, what school is for, right man?

I used to be an angry little trog, y'know?

I was really into using my hands as a kid. I wanted to climb with em, and build stuff with em, and beat people up with em, and i got pretty good at doin all that stuff. But then, there was that one day. My mother was living with my late sister Monica's father at the time. I think his name was Terrance or Jessica or something. Probably not Jessica. Anyways, he played hardcore beebop jazz saxophone and me and him really got along well, unlike most of my mothers partners. He was a crazy guy, always tellin jokes, bouncin around, fidgeting with his fingers, come to think of it, that trog was probably a cokehead. Fraaaaaag. I always wondered why mom threw him out while she was pregnant. Ok, anyways, he comes home from a gig one night, late as shit, and he brings with him, into our living room, this nice lookin drumset. It was the shiniest thing I'd seen in my entire life, and long after my siblings had finished fighting over it and lost interest, i just kept banging on that thing for years. Nowadays, I'm just the best drummer in the plex. It aint no big deal, chummer.

I used to rock with El Chupacabracadabra. I don't know what bullshit the label made em change the name to. I don't listen to that pop drek, but you've probably heard em. I was the only ork in the group, and no one really understood the struggle but me, so once i started writing songs for em, we stared blowin up. Eventually, the type of guy i am got to be too much of a liability for em. See, in the music biz, you gotta be able to lie to people's faces and pretend to be stupid. That's how you get that nuyen. You make what the teeny-boppers wanna hear. Something to keep the little corp kids from realizing THEY are what's wrong with the world. Either that or tell the ghetto kids that they matter and not to sell drugs. I wouldnt do it. When i write a song, it's the chip truth. So, they got a record contract and replaced me with some dandelion eater. Changed the name and fired our dwarf manager, too. Name was T-Ball. Solid guy. Kindof a dork, but he was always straight with us. Dude always had our backs and they did him like that? Did me like that? Buncha squishes, with their frakkin squish bullshit.

I kinda lost my temper. I don't like to dwell on the old stupid days, but lets just say, some property was damaged, some charges were pressed, and i got arrested. Good thing T-Ball still liked me. He didn't have the connections to get the charges dropped, but he got em lessened and my time reduced. I did 8 months for destruction of private property and criminal mischief. I was lucky. They coulda got me for grand theft auto and attempted murder if they really wanted to be dicks about it. I'da probably died in there if they'da hit me with that. Prison turned out to not be so bad. It mellowed me out a lot. And not just cause i started smoking a LOT more zen. I also did a lot of soul searching and a lot of writing. If i could sing, I'd have an entire album ready to record.

When i got out, T-Ball tried to get me legal work, but between my new criminal SIN, my race, and the new pastime i'd picked up in jail, that never panned out. It dawned on me about five months after i got out that i was gonna have to make money on my own. I mean, shit, I'm gonna be 20 years old in four months. Almost over the hill, maaaaan. It's time I started actin responsibly. I'd met a few people who did a few things playing with 'chupa around town for all that time. Seems it's time to make some calls...

== Concept ==
Mad at the system, too smart for his own good, can't keep his mouth shut, ork from the streets. Reads too much to get fooled by the bullshit.

== Priorities ==
Metatype: B - Any metatype
Attributes: A - 24 Attributes
Skills: C - 28 Skills/2 Skill Groups
Resources: D - 15,000¥

== Attributes ==
BOD: 4
AGI: 5
REA: 5
STR: 4
CHA: 5
INT: 5
LOG: 4
WIL: 5
EDG: 5

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                   5.24
Initiative:                10 + 1d6
Rigger Initiative:         10 + 1d6
Astral Initiative:         
Matrix AR Initiative:      10 + 1d6
Matrix Cold Initiative:    5 + DP + 3d6
Matrix Hot Initiative:     5 + DP + 4d6
Physical Damage Track:     10
Stun Damage Track:         11

== Limits ==
Physical:                  6
Mental:                    6
Social:                    7
Astral:                    7

== Active Skills ==
Automatics                 : 5 [Submachine Guns]    Pool: 10 (12)
Computer                   : 1                      Pool: 5
Con                        : 3 [Seduction]          Pool: 8 (10)
First Aid                  : 1                      Pool: 5
Gymnastics                 : 1                      Pool: 6
Intimidation               : 1                      Pool: 6
Navigation                 : 2                      Pool: 7
Palming                    : 1                      Pool: 6
Perception                 : 5                      Pool: 10
Performance                : 5 [Drums]              Pool: 10 (12)
Pilot Ground Craft         : 1                      Pool: 6
Running                    : 1                      Pool: 5
Sneaking                   : 1 [Urban]              Pool: 6/8
Survival                   : 2                      Pool: 7
Swimming                   : 1                      Pool: 5
Tracking                   : 2                      Pool: 7
Unarmed Combat             : 5                      Pool: 10

== Knowledge Skills ==
Area Knowledge: Seattle    : 2                      Pool: 7
Gangs                      : 1                      Pool: 6
History                    : 1 [Oppression]         Pool: 6/8
Music                      : 3 [Goblin Rock]        Pool: 8 (10)
Or'zet                     : 3 [Streetslang]        Pool: 8 (10)
Politics                   : 1                      Pool: 6
Sprawl Life                : 2                      Pool: 7
Street Drugs               : 1 [Zen]                Pool: 6/8

== Contacts ==
T-Ball, my former manager.
 loyalty- 3 connections- 4
 kindof dorky, but he's a good guy. dwarf in his mid 50's with a twisty beard. Knows a lot of people you'd expect someone in the music biz to know.
Zipline, go-ganger     
 loyalty- 1 connections- 1 
 The ork widow of my late brother, Leonard. They had two daughters together, Melinda and Pharos, 3 and 5. She doesn't really like me, but she knows i'm good for my word.
Deen, bass player   
 loyalty- 4  connections- 1
 Troll woman I've been dating for the past three months. She's an INCREDIBLE bass player, and an uncompromising philosopher. She's a violent drunk though and sometimes, shit can get outta hand. She's had a rough life and sometimes she takes it out on me. I think i love her, but i haven't told her. I doubt she loves me, but what the hell do i know, right?
Alonzo Sandoval, Grassroots politician
 loyalty- 1 connections- 3
 There's not many out there who actually try to work within the system to make things better, and even fewer humans, but this guy is SOLID. He doesn't really like me, on account of my tendency to work outside the system, but he knows we've got the same goals, so we help each other out from time to time.
Nuts, Drug Dealer
 loyalty- 1 connections- 2
 This is the cousin of a dwarf named Fleeg that I met in jail. I promised Fleeg I'd play drums for his rap album when he gets out, but he's a lazy shit, so it'll probably never happen. His cousin Nuts gets good shit though.

== Qualities ==
Addiction (Mild) (Zen)
Low-Light Vision
SINner (Criminal) (Destruction of Private Property)

== Lifestyles ==
Drainpipe  1 months

== Cyberware/Bioware ==
Datajack (Used)
Smartlink (Used)
Spurs (Used)

== Armor ==
Armor Vest                          9
   +Fire Resistance 4
   +Insulation 5
   +Nonconductivity 4
   +YNT Softweave Armor
   +Biomonitor
Clothing ("Grey Hoodie, Yellow longsleeve, Jeans, Boots")                             0
Clothing ("Red Pullover, jeans, boots")                             0
Clothing ("3 torn up T-shirts, jeans, boots")                             0
Clothing ("Clean brown longsleeve, tan cargo pants, boots")                             0
Clothing ("Low end Brown suit jacket, tan turtleneck, dark slacks, boots")                             0
Helmet                              2
   +Respirator Rating 6
   +Single Sensor Rating 6
      +Cyberware Scanner
   +Vision Enhancement Rating 3

== Weapons ==
Ingram Smartgun X
   +Concealed Quick-Draw Holster
   +Flashlight, Low Light
   +Gas-Vent 3 System
   +Gecko Grip
   +Spare Clip
   +Spare Clip
   Pool: 10 (12)   Accuracy: 6   DV: 8P   AP: -   RC: 7
Spurs
   Pool: 10   Accuracy: 6   DV: 7P   AP: -2   RC: 2
Unarmed Attack
   Pool: 10   Accuracy: 6   DV: 4S   AP: -   RC: 2

== Commlink ==
Renraku Sensei (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 3, FWL: 3)
   +Satellite Link
   +Bug Scanner Rating 6
   +Tag Eraser
   +Sim Module, Hot

== Gear ==
Ammo: Flechette Rounds (Submachine Guns) x50
Ammo: Gel Rounds (Submachine Guns) x50
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Submachine Guns) x100
Contacts Rating 2
   +Flare Compensation
   +Vision Magnification
Fake SIN (Jerry Lewis, Disabled) Rating 1
   +Certified Credstick, Standard Rating 1
Jazz x4
Kamikaze
Moodchip
Zen x22

==Runners==
Arachnid
- About a month after I got out, Alonzo hooked me up on a hooding job, helpin out the neighborhood. Didn't pay much, but it paid well enough. Fuck the money though, that was the job I met 'Rack. The human is tough, smart, quick, and has all the same views about the state of the world as I do. The two of us became instant friends and partners and have been working together ever since then. In those 3 months, we've picked up about 4 jobs together and made a decent little profit as well. Just spent most of mine on the smartlink operation, though. I'll go to the wall for this breeder, fuck what anyone else says. He's good people and anyone who says otherwise gotta fuck with me, too.
Khali
- I've seen this elf around the sprawl here and there, and she dont seem like no corp spy. Dun really seem like she fits in as well as she wants people to believe though. From what I hear, she's down for the common man though, so she's probably cool.
Arc
- This little bad-ass came up in one of the roughest gangs in one of the roughest sprawls in the country, and she's still kickin. Fuck that, she's thriving. Ya gotta respect a gal that can do the things she can with a vehicle and still run a profitable side business as well. About 6 weeks ago, Rack and me needed a wheelman, and we reached out to her. I gotta say, I enjoyed working with her mean, over-tough little ass. I wouldnt mind making this partnership between me and Rack a trio, but why fuck with a system that works, right?
Red
- The slick socialite elf probably would have slipped under my radar if I hadn't seen her hanging out with Khali a couple times. One pretty female elf glok is one thing, but two of em starts to raise suspicion with this trog, wiz? Word on the street is that she's cool, but if she was a spy, wouldnt it be her job to make good and damn sure thats what the word on the street was?
Sky
- There's a rumor a lotta low level gangers like to toss around about some shapeshifter who infiltrates gangs and learns their secrets, sellin em to the highest bidder or whatever. Sounds like a bunch a bullshit to me, just some excuses lazy chumps like to use to cover their own flappin lips. The ones who really insist this shapeshifter exists call it "Sky."
« Last Edit: <11-25-14/2305:09> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <11-25-14/2041:46> »
Khali
METATYPE: ELF
B 5, A 7, R 3/6, S 5, W 5, L 2, I 5, C 3, ESS 6, EDG 3, M 6
Condition Monitor (P/S): 11 / 11
Armor: 15
Limits: Physical 7, Mental 5, Social 6
Physical Initiative: 8/11+4D6
Active Skills: Athletics Group 2, Automatics 6 (Machine Pistols +2), Blades 6 (8) (Swords +2), Perception 6 (Visual +2), Sneaking 6 (Urban +2)
Knowledge Skills: Area Knowledge: Seattle 2, Bars and Clubs 2, Gangs 1 (Ancients +2), Organized Crime 1 (Laesa +2), Parazoology 2, Tir History 1
Languages: English N, Japanese 2 (Speak +2), Sperethiel N
Metatype Abilities: Enhanced Senses: Low-Light Vision
Qualities: Adept, Allergy, Uncommon (Moderate): Silver, Bilingual, Mentor Spirit: Wolf, Prejudiced, Specific (Biased): Tir Elves
Adept Powers: Attribute Boost (2): Agility (8dicepool), Combat Sense (2), Critical Strike: Blades, Improved Ability (2): Blades, Improved Reflexes (3)
Gear:
   Armor Jacket
   Ballistic Mask
   Carol Danvers w/ Fake License: Adept (2), Fake License: Concealed Carry (2), Fake License: Firearms (2), Fake License: Swords (2), Fake SIN (2), (1 month) Squatter Lifestyle
   Casual Clothing
   Certified Credstick, Silver
   Certified Credstick, Standard
   Chisel/Crowbar
   Concealed Quick-Draw Holster
   Flashlight
   Forearm Guards
   Glasses (3) w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Thermographic Vision
   Lined Coat
   Magnesium Torch
   Meta Link Commlink
   Micro-Tranceiver
   Mottled Black
   Plastic Restraints x10
   Sony Emperor Commlink
   Telescoping Mirror on a Stick
   Trodes
Weapons:
   Remington Suppressor [Machine Pistol, Acc 7, DV 7P, AP -1, SA/BF, RC 3, 15 (c)] w/ Flashlight, Gas-Vent System (3), (60x) Gel Rounds, Laser Sight, (60x) Regular Ammo, Silencer/Suppressor, Sling, (6x) Spare Clips
   Combat Knife [Blade, Acc 6, DV 8P, AP -3]
   Katana [Blade,Blade, Reach 1, Acc 7, DV 9P, AP -3]
Contacts:
Mouse (Connection 1, Loyalty 2)
Nails (Connection 3, Loyalty 1)
Samantha McGowan (Connection 4, Loyalty 2)
Starting ¥: 890 + (2D6 x 40)¥

Note: I've noticed Herolab doesn't always list Martial Arts for some reason. This character has the Carromeleg style, and the Iajutsu technique. Same with Personalized Grips. All three of her weapons have them, so her starting nuyen will be 300 less than listed.

"People have no idea what growing up in Tir is like. My family... Look, you don't need to know about my family. The point is, it's all a lie. They rail about the megacorps and can't see how alike they are. You know what they decided would be good for me at six? Kendo. Seriously. How do you live with this level of denial? I lived the corp stereotype and somehow I was the only one who saw it. And it's supposed to be a place for elves right? Absolute drek. Sure, it's fine if you fit into their... social conventions or whatever. But their attitude towards everyone else? The only people that have treated me worse are the neighborhood drekheads here, but at least they call me keeb to my face.

When my Talent started to develop things got so much worse. The combination of hope and despair when my folks discovered that I was Awakened but couldn't manifest my talents outside my own body was sickening. Do you know what handling foci all day is like when you're allergic to silver? As if developing blisters on my hands was going to change my gifts. And they are gifts, dammit. I'm good. Really good. My instructors didn't like that either. Bunch of Hermetic garbage that did nothing for me. No, I can't see your astral nonsense. No, I don't care to. The teachers at the dojo were almost as bad. The bored little kid in the class turned out to be one of their better students, and that rankled.

Yeah, my sword's from Tir. What's your point? They can only use so many swords at a time and no one was using this one. They probably don't even miss it. No one complained when I took it, and I didn't stick around to see their reaction afterward. It's not like there's some guide tells you what to do when you steal a sword and run away. But if you know you can't make a living honestly, there's really only one place to go. I figured I was good enough to find some kind of work. Turns out, it's pretty hard to break into running when you don't know anyone. My nuyen disappeared quick, and I wound up living in a rundown tenement with a load of other elves. I took drek security jobs and managed to keep my head above water. But I didn't really figure out what I was doing here until I met Red.

I don't know what she was doing in that bar. Everyone knows that Rounders isn't a place for us. Maybe she thought she could pass, but she came out of the back door in a hurry, arm bleeding, with four big guys behind her. I can remember thinking that I didn't know a single elf that would help her, and that's when I knew that I would. It's not easy hiding three and a half feet of folded steel, but if you're going to try start with four drunk idiots with shitty vision, a dark alley, and a big trenchcoat. Red ran past me and I stepped out in front of the assholes chasing her. I can still remember the smell of them. I never learned their names, but I will always think of them as Onions, Sweat, Cologne, and Cigarette. Onions was right in front of me. I honestly don't remember what either of us said, but I swear I growled at him.

Onions wasn't dangerous anymore; he was prey. I could already smell blood before my sword left its sheath and opened him up from hip to shoulder. Cigarette swung a pool cue at me and I caught it on my sword. I spun around him and slashed at the back of his knees. Hamstrings or throats, disable or kill, it was completely different from my training but it felt... right. The last two were serious. Sweat and Cologne squared off with a knife and a pistol and flanked me. They said something then, but I was filled with terrible purpose and the certainty that I would only ever lose one fight. I laughed and charged at Sweat and his pistol.

I felt the round hit my side, but it hardly slowed me down. I took Sweat's hands off at the wrist, and was bringing the sword around to cut across his throat when the knife entered my back. The shock of it leaving was worse than its entrance and I tried to turn and swing at Cologne, but I didn't have any strength left. I hit the ground and snarled at him, begging him to get close enough for me to get my teeth at his throat. He stood above me and reversed his grip on his knife, then looked surprised as he took three rounds to his chest. It wasn't until I dropped that Red had a clear shot.

I don't remember much after that. Red says I was in and out when she drug me out to her car and drove me to Heinrich's place. All I can remember were the dreams. I met Wolf for the first time in that dreamscape. I finally knew why I felt out of place: I was missing my pack.

This block? It's mine. I lived here for years before I knew it. I never had a problem with the people here before. They were perfectly nice for a group of burnouts, addicts, and whores. But they had no direction. No purpose. Now I try to get them to watch out for each other. The cubs are always alert and watching for strangers, and the adults... I'm working on the adults. Don't get me wrong, not everyone's on board. But it's my pack now, they just don't know it yet."

Contacts:

Samantha McGowan (Fixer 4,2): It's always good to know someone who can get drek done, and Sam has that quality is spades. There aren't a lot of reputable retailers out here, so someone who will cut you a square deal is always a bonus. We're not close exactly, but we're both good for business and we know it.

Rabbit (Neighborhood Informant 1,2): I don't know how this kid knows what she does, and I'm not sure I want to. But if someone comes home drunk and roughs up the kids, Rabbit knows before the family does and knows who to come to. I've lost count of the number of problems I've headed off with my pack because of this kid's info. The best part? She works for candy and the occasional burner comm.

Nails (Ancients Ganger 3,1): Talk about lowest common denominator, Nails and I have an arrangement based solely on nuyen, Her club covers my pack's block and we occasionally swap favors. I help out when she needs some extra muscle, and I point her towards high-value targets that have become a problem for my pack. She knows better than to try to lean on anyone in my pack, and we don't try to take Ancients territory. So far, it's working out.
« Last Edit: <11-25-14/2104:08> by Landmine »
"normal speech"  thought  "Matrix"   "Subvocal"  "Foreign Language"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #4 on: <11-25-14/2218:34> »
== Info ==
Street Name: Arc
Name: Tessa Preishan
Human Female Age 21
Height 5'1" Weight 147 lbs
Composure: 6
Judge Intentions: 6
Lift/Carry: 7 (45 kg/30 kg)
Memory: 9
Nuyen: 260 + Starting nuyen: 3d6*60 720 = 980 nuyen.  Current total (2/6/15): 810 nuyen.

==Physical Description==
(pic in progress)
The first, most easily notable part about Arc (besides her short height) is her fairly tomboyish way she carries herself.  Her dark auburn hair extends just past her shoulders, usually kept in a ponytail or loose, the thick single-pane goggles she always wears keeping it out of her face.  Her eyes were a dark violet, the white sclera dotted heavily with apparent circuitry.  Combine that with the bits of metal plating around her eye sockets, and it's all to obvious her eyes aren't naturally her own.  Her naturally amiable, round face was only marred by a few scars, stories hinting at some rough past.

Although short, Arc is certainly stockier than most human girls her height, likely a result of an upbringing around Ork and Troll lifesyles.  Put the height and weight together, and she has certainly been referred to as a "tall dwarfette" on more than one occasion.  It is a rare occurence for her to be clean, scuffs of dirt, oil, or even scrapes dotting her exposed skin.  When at home, she is usually in a set of her mechanic clothes: thick shirt, coveralls, belts, and work boots.  Whenever else, she usually dresses comfortably: tanks, jeans, vests, and hoodies with sneakers.  She owns one plated vest from her gang days, the emblem of a wolf howling with a moon backdrop printed on the backplate, but has little reason to wear it unless she knows something will require it.

== Background ==
"They tell me there's a whole grand world out there, all sorts of different peoples and cultures, cities, countries, the like. I wouldn't know anything about that; Seattle's been my home all my life. Born to a couple corp parents that survived Crash 2.0? Not many could be so lucky, though it would seem I wasn't meant for that life either. I can't remember when it happened--I think I was 7 or 8 at the time--but the complex we lived in got wrapped up into some drek-all turf war. Fires started, bullets flew, building collapsed. I watched my dad choked to death, buried under rubble, my mother dragged away by a couple thuggy-looking orks. Last thing I ever legitimately saw, actually, was a pair of hands reaching to pull me out...big meaty ones too, that smelled bad, and then I must have blacked out.

When I awoke, the first thing I noticed was the blackness. And then the hurt. A click, and then I saw things again, though it was..different, like watching a trid. Focusing made me hurt, but I realized I was in some kind of room. There was blood, I think it was mine. Painful waiting passed, and then there was someone. A troll, big one at that. Introduced himself as Lupo, and that he ran some gang called Night Howlers. Fed me some sob story about his regret my family got pulled into this drek, and that my eyes got burnt up in the fire. I don't believe one bit of that, but as it were, he put in new eyes for me, and that meant I owed him. And so, I became a Howler slave, doing all the menial drek no one else cared for. It was not fun. Street living, feeding off of gang scraps, the beatings the legit members gave me. I learned young how to fight, how to shoot a gun, younger than most should be. I dunno if it was fate that turned me around, but a few years after my true talent was discovered.

I was good with machines: Weapons, cars, other drek. Lupo learned of it when I was playing with a bricked Honda and somehow got the engine working. Since I became useful, I got upgraded from "slave" to "member quality, but still a slave", seeing as I still had a "debt" to pay. I was still drek to them, but I served a purpose, and Lupo made sure to apprentice me under their mechanics, honing my talent. Once i hit 14, they actually brought me out for jobs, driving the getaway cars and working my magic with field fixes. Several jobs turned hairy, so it was lucky I knew how to work a wheel...if our opposition didn't geek me, the Howlers would have for my screw up. I even picked up a few ordinance tricks...gangs like explosions, so my favor went up in their books. Lucky me. Finally, when I hit 19, after a fairly succesful and profitable raid, Lupo gave me my freedom...though I feel like he wouldn't hesitate to put me in his debt again with a needed favor.

On my own, with what little cut I was given from the last job, I made my own life in the sprawl. You'd be surprised how easy it is to find work making discount repairs for the lower class. Before I knew it, I had my own flat, and a shop to do my work in. Did some digging, learned my past, discovered that my real birth SIN registered me a dead. Score one for investigative thoroughness, eh slitches? I knew a buddy from the Howlers that didn't hate my guts, and he hooked me up with a SIN to do work in. Then the work was coming to me, legit mostly, though I did become a bit of a hit with the local runners. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that I've integrated with the locals almost, but I know better. I was raised a Howler, though I do my best to keep that instinct down. I make sure to work and talk with a smile on my face. After the drek I've been through, what else can you do but be positive?"

== Priorities ==
Metatype: D - Human or Elf
Skills: C - 28 Skills/2 Skill Groups
Resources: B - 50,000¥

== Attributes ==
BOD: 4
STR: 3
CHA: 3
INT: 3
LOG: 6
EDG: 5

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                   5.8
Astral Initiative:         
Matrix Cold Initiative:    3 + DP + 3d6
Matrix Hot Initiative:     3 + DP + 4d6

== Limits ==
Physical:                  5
Social:                    5
Astral:                    6

== Active Skills ==
Athletics Group: 2
-Gymnastics                 : 2                      Pool: 7
-Running                    : 2                      Pool: 5
-Swimming                   : 2                      Pool: 5

Aeronautics Mechanic       : 1                      Pool: 7
Animal Handling            : 0                      Pool: 2
Archery                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Armorer                    : 2                      Pool: 8
Automatics                 : 2                      Pool: 7
Automotive Mechanic        : 3                      Pool: 9
Blades                     : 0                      Pool: 4
Clubs                      : 0                      Pool: 4
Computer                   : 0                      Pool: 5
Con                        : 0                      Pool: 2
Cybercombat                : 0                      Pool: 5
Demolitions                : 2                      Pool: 8
Disguise                   : 0                      Pool: 2
Diving                     : 0                      Pool: 3
Escape Artist              : 0                      Pool: 4
Etiquette                  : 1                      Pool: 4  <--Bought with 2 Karma
First Aid                  : 0                      Pool: 5
Forgery                    : 0                      Pool: 5
Free-Fall                  : 0                      Pool: 3
Gunnery                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Hacking                    : 0                      Pool: 5
Heavy Weapons              : 0                      Pool: 4
Impersonation              : 0                      Pool: 2
Industrial Mechanic        : 1                      Pool: 7
Instruction                : 0                      Pool: 2
Intimidation               : 0                      Pool: 2
Leadership                 : 0                      Pool: 2
Longarms                   : 0                      Pool: 4
Navigation                 : 1                      Pool: 4
Negotiation                : 1                      Pool: 4  <--Bought with 2 Karma
Perception                 : 1                      Pool: 4
Performance                : 0                      Pool: 2
Pilot Ground Craft         : 5                      Pool: 10
Pilot Watercraft           : 0                      Pool: 4
Pistols                    : 3                      Pool: 8
Sneaking                   : 1                      Pool: 6
Throwing Weapons           : 3                      Pool: 8
Tracking                   : 0                      Pool: 2
Unarmed Combat             : 3                      Pool: 8

== Knowledge Skills ==
Architecture               : 1                      Pool: 7
Area Knowledge: Seattle    : 2                      Pool: 5
Engineering                : 4                      Pool: 10
Firearms                   : 2 [Design]             Pool: 8 (10)
Gangs                      : 2 [Seattle]            Pool: 5 (7)
Or'zet                     : 3                      Pool: 6
Sprawl Life                : 2                      Pool: 5

== Contacts ==
Lupo (2 Connections/1 Loyalty)
A hulk of a troll by every means of the term.  Chromed and quick, I've seen this guy take punches, bullets, and even a couple cars without an issue.  He runs the Night Howlers with a merciless fist and a severely twisted sense of a justice.  Being on his bad side is only slightly worse than being on his good side, and never let him do favors for ya, or you'll end up paying back much more in the end.  I have him to thank for my life, my eyes, and my gifts, and I'm in no rush for more of his 'generosity'.

Hrock (3 Connections/2 Loyalty)
While not a true Howler, this grinning drekhead ork smuggler does enough business with them to earn their respect.  He took a shining to me, and it's because of him I got less beatings than I was supposed to.  He's a slitch, but a good friend, and I owe my SIN and livelihood to him.  Whenever I'm in need of some exotic parts for a tough job, he's usually good on his word of getting something thrown my way.

Ralphie Mastch (3 connections/1 loyalty)
The epitome of sprawl sleezeballs, this guy seems to have fingers all over the place.  Runners find business with him, and occasionally jobs for me, when I rarely get the itch to stick my neck out.   Nah, his business needs runners, runners need working drek, and I make drek work.  It's what those corp-kids might call a "mutually symbiotic" relationship...or was it "marketing platform"?

== Qualities ==
Addiction (Mild) (Smoking):  Sprawl life gets everyone hooked on something eventually, and Arc is no different, enjoying a cigarette on occasion.
Juryrigger: Arc's natural gift with machinery, seeing as how she has managed to make working stuff out of drek on more than one occasion.
Quick Healer: The regular beatings Arc received with the Howlers trained her body to recover quickly.  She had little other option.
Social Stress: Burying the memory of losing her family and home, Arc will likely trigger flashbacks upon witnessing similar situations happen to others.

== Lifestyles ==
Ground-level Shop  2 months (Low w/ special work space)

== Cyberware/Bioware ==
Cybereyes Basic System Rating 1
   +Image Link
   +Smartlink

== Armor ==
Clothing (work clothes)      0
Clothing(street clothes)    0

== Weapons ==
Ares Predator V
   +Concealed Quick-Draw Holster
   +Spare Clip
   +Spare Clip
   +Spare Clip
   Pool: 8   Accuracy: 7   DV: 8P   AP: -1   RC: 1
Grenade: Fragmentation
   Pool: 8   Accuracy: 5   DV: 18P(f) (-1/m)   AP: +5   RC: 1
Grenade: High Explosive
   Pool: 8   Accuracy: 5   DV: 16P (-2/m)   AP: -2   RC: 1
Ingram Smartgun X
   +Sound Suppressor
   +Spare Clip
   +Spare Clip
   +Spare Clip
   +Spare Clip
   Pool: 7   Accuracy: 6   DV: 8P   AP: -   RC: 3
Shock Gloves
   Pool: 8   Accuracy: 5   DV: 8S(e)   AP: -5   RC: 1
Unarmed Attack
   Pool: 8   Accuracy: 5   DV: 3S   AP: -   RC: 1
Yamaha Pulsar
   Pool: 8   Accuracy: 7   DV: 7S(e)   AP: -5   RC: 1

== Commlink ==
   +Sim Module

== Gear ==
Ammo: Gel Rounds (Heavy Pistols) x30
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Heavy Pistols) x90
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Submachine Guns) x320
Ammo: Taser Dart (Tasers) x40
AR Gloves
Certified Credstick, Gold x2
Certified Credstick, Silver x3
Certified Credstick, Standard x5
Cigarettes (400 nuyen worth)
Chisel
Commercial Explosive Rating 5 x16
Crowbar
Datachip x10
Detonator, Blasting Cap x4
Fake License (Concealed Carry Permit) Rating 2
Fake License (Driver's License) Rating 2
Fake License (Explosives License) Rating 2
Fake License (Firearms License) Rating 2
Fake License (Restricted Cyberware License) Rating 2
Fake SIN (Lauren Summers) Rating 3
Flashlight, Infrared
Gas Mask
Goggles Rating 3
   +Thermographic Vision
   +Vision Enhancement Rating 2
Grenade: Fragmentation x3
Grenade: High Explosive x7
Headphones Rating 2
   +Audio Enhancement Rating 2
Micro-Transceiver
Restraint, Plastic x20
Security Tags x30
Slap Patch, Stim Patch Rating 4 x3
Slap Patch, Trauma Patch x2
Survival Kit
Tool Kit (Armorer)
Tool Kit (Demolition)
Tool Shop (Mechanic)
Trodes

== Vehicles ==
Ford Americar (Sedan)
   +Sensor Array Rating 2

« Last Edit: <02-06-15/1342:11> by SgtBoomCloud »

Tamesh

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <11-26-14/1803:57> »
Here's Red's contacts. Forgot 'em in the earlier post.

Grizz
An orc bartender who works at Doyle’s, one of your standard shady saloons in Seattle. He’s not terribly bright, but he does hear some of the interesting and occasionally profitable things his drunken clientele tend to say when they forget anyone’s listening. Not that he really owes me anything, but I tip pretty well so I occasionally hear a couple second-hand rumors from him.

Heinrich Jones
A dwarf that dropped out of school to become a surgeon now makes his living patching up folks on the street. He’s not the best at what he does, but he’s damn good at not asking questions and that’s more important than any fancy scalpel-work as far as I’m concerned. I’ve referred all sorts of clients his way, so we’re on pretty good terms. Good guy to know in a pinch.

Nicholas Dawson
A human who helped me out of SK. He’s still on the inside and doesn’t want out, but he’s one of the few who actually knows about me. We’ve known each other a long time, and he’ll keep his mouth shut, but circumstances as they are mean I don’t get to see him as often as I’d like. Still, it’s good to know a guy on the inside every  once in a while.

Nicole
I actually don’t know as much about Nicole as I’d like. I don’t know where she hears the things she does, or why she seems to like me as much as she does, or even what her last name is. But I know better than to snoop around and find out something I’d rather have never heard. Unless the money’s right, of course. What I do know is that Nicole is a damn fine fixer, and she can tell me what the Johnsons need me to hear.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <11-26-14/2236:13> »
Who am I? Do you really want to know?
Some know me as Miss Fortune, others Sir Prize.
I'm the shadows on the walls
The monsters they become.
The nightmare in your skull.
That ever creeping feeling that you're being watched, that you're enemies are closing in.

I am the Masquerade. The shifter, the snake in the grass, the watching in the weeds.

I wasn't always this, no. Some may not even remember. My familiy, my  life, my sorrow. I was young when it happened. My parents had gone on a trip, and then they where gone. They didn't return, dead or disappeared, while I waited and grew. Waited for them to return.

We where actually fairly wealthy, and as people around our mansion began to realize this, they would attempt to steal. Filthy burgles, never stood  much of a chance against a few looters attempting to pillage from my home. My family. It wasn't until Faux Paw appeared that I had run into trouble. Not from him mind you, but two others, two powerful mages who attempted to take a treasure within my families vaults.

Using magic they warped their appearance, to that of my parents. Oh happy day it was to come clashing down suddenly, When I could not help them get into the vaults, they had attempted to kill me. But they had not known before of Faux Paw being there, Temporarily defeated by my own skills, and he had come to help me, though I prevented him from taking the same treasure.

The two mages ran off, escaping after the treasure they were after was broken. It was after this I joined with FAux PAw, and he began to teach me more..

So why am I in the gangs? I've heard things along the way, that the mages might be somehow involved with the local gangs.. and some how the disappearance of my parents was not a accident. So I plan on directing the flow of the gangs within the city, to rise up with my own organization to go after the one that the mages belonged to.

skys sheet
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lRLa8ieQXDW4ylb81FALz_d0RbngsO5BEh_tcfQZV0I/edit?usp=sharing

Faux Paw is My guys mentor in the art of the phantom thievery, deception and guile, often kinda works as Sky's fixer or what not.

Innocent is a random guy off the street.
« Last Edit: <11-26-14/2246:14> by Triskavanski »
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #7 on: <11-27-14/0614:36> »
Ok, so this is Mike Tunstall, AKA Feathers. (so called because of his precious eagle feather brooch that he wears most of the time)
He's a 58 year old bloke who should be winding down for retirement, but lost his family home to a compulsory purchase order issued on the land for development of a housing estate and strip mall by a AAA. He took the case to court with his life savings and lost, losing everything he'd had and estranging himself from his sister.
Now homeless and penniless, he'd had to call on help from the Druid's circle. They agreed to put him up in a slot in a bunkhouse for persecuted awakened in the lower downtown slums. The security was good, as you'd expect, but the accomodation was spartan, clearly designed for short stays.
He'd been there a few months now, learning the neighbourhood and making a few contacts as he tries to rebuild his life.
He kicks back with deepweed and gets stimmed with pysche on occasion, especially when it all gets too much. The oppressive city air and the utter lack of nature drives him crazy, and he often takes the autobus out into the villages to escape and commune with his mentor, eagle.

Street Name: Feathers
Name: Mike Tunstall
Movement: 4/8
Human
Composure: 8
Judge Intentions: 8
Lift/Carry: 4 (30 kg/20 kg)
Memory: 8
Nuyen: 0

== Attributes ==
BOD: 2
AGI: 2
REA: 2
STR: 2
CHA: 3
INT: 5
LOG: 3
WIL: 5
EDG: 4
MAG: 7

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                   6
Initiative:                7 + 1d6
Rigger Initiative:         7 + 1d6
Astral Initiative:         10 + 2d6
Matrix AR Initiative:      7 + 1d6
Matrix Cold Initiative:    5 +DP + 3d6
Matrix Hot Initiative:     5 +DP + 4d6
Physical Damage Track:     9
Stun Damage Track:         11

== Limits ==
Physical:                  3
Social:                    6
Astral:                    6

== Active Skills ==
Alchemy                    : 5                      Pool: 12
Arcana                     : 3                      Pool: 6
Assensing                  : 5 [Aura Reading]       Pool: 10 (12)
Banishing                  : 5                      Pool: 12
Binding                    : 5                      Pool: 12
Computer                   : 1 [Matrix Search]      Pool: 4 (6)
Con                        : 3 [Fast Talk]          Pool: 6 (8)
Counterspelling            : 3 [Combat]             Pool: 10 (12)
Disguise                   : 2 [Costume]            Pool: 7 (9)
Perception                 : 3                      Pool: 10
Pistols                    : 4 [Semi-Automatics]    Pool: 6 (8)
Ritual Spellcasting        : 5                      Pool: 12
Spellcasting               : 6                      Pool: 13
Summoning                  : 5                      Pool: 12

== Knowledge Skills ==
Architecture               : 2                      Pool: 5
Area Knowledge: Seattle    : 2                      Pool: 7
Chemistry                  : 2                      Pool: 5
Gangs                      : 1 [Seattle]            Pool: 6 (8)
Magical Theory             : 2                      Pool: 5
Magical Threats            : 2                      Pool: 5
Or'zet                     : 2                      Pool: 7
Parazoology                : 2                      Pool: 5
Security Design            : 1 [Magical]            Pool: 6 (8)
Underworld                 : 2 [Drugs]              Pool: 7 (9)

== Contacts ==
Lil' Mik (3, 2) Ork; Pusher and dealer for the Ancients. Knows a few folk around and can generally point Feathers in the right direction. He calls Feathers "the old man" and has a bit of respect for him
Nbungu (3, 2) Human; Nigerian born mage. fled due to Islamic persecution of his awakened status. runs a talismongery in the lower downtown hub. Has contacts within the safehouse and makes use of the "talent" there for errands.
Lupo (1,3)
Prof (1,5)
Sarge (2,3)
Merin (2,1)

== Qualities ==
Aged (Rating 1)
Allergy (Common, Mild) (Pollutants)
Exceptional Attribute (MAG)
Magician
Mentor Spirit (Eagle)
SINner (National) (UCAS)

== Spells ==
(Tradition: Druid, Resist Drain with WIL + INT (10))
Chaotic World              DV: F
Create Ally Spirit         DV: Special
Detect Life, Extended      DV: F-1
Heal                       DV: F-4
Increase Reflexes          DV: F
Influence                  DV: F-1
Lightning Bolt             DV: F-3
Shapechange                DV: F-3
Spatial Sense, Extended    DV: F-1
Stunbolt                   DV: F-3

== Lifestyles ==
Druidic Lodge  1 months

== Armor ==
Ares Victory: Rapid Transit         9
Helmet                              2
   +Flashlight
   +Image Link
   +Micro-Transceiver

== Weapons ==
Ares Viper Slivergun
   +Concealable Holster
   +Flashlight, Standard
   +Laser Sight
   +Sound Suppressor
   Pool: 6 (8)   Accuracy: 5   DV: 9P(f)   AP: +4   RC: 1
Survival Knife
   Pool: 1   Accuracy: 5   DV: 4P   AP: -1   RC: 1
Unarmed Attack
   Pool: 1   Accuracy: 3   DV: 2S   AP: -   RC: 1

== Commlink ==
   +Sim Module, Hot
   +Trodes
   +Subvocal Mic
   +Fake SIN Rating 2
   +Fake License (Magic License) Rating 2
   +Fake License (Weapon License) Rating 2
   +Certified Credstick, Silver

== Gear ==
Binoculars, Optical
   +Vision Magnification
Deepweed x2
Earbuds Rating 1
Glasses Rating 3
   +Flare Compensation
   +Vision Enhancement Rating 1
   +Image Link
Magical Lodge Materials Rating 5
Medkit Rating 1
Psyche x2
Reagents, per dram x20
Respirator Rating 6
Spare Clip (Ares Viper Slivergun)
   +Ammo: Flechette Rounds (Heavy Pistols)
Spare Clip (Ares Viper Slivergun)
   +Ammo: Flechette Rounds (Heavy Pistols)
Tool Kit (Disguise kit)

Run rewards

Chapter 1 rewards:
14 karma
50k NY

« Last Edit: <02-25-15/1018:34> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #8 on: <11-27-14/0913:07> »
IC is up and Smiles, thanks lol. I assume you don't mean a literal nightmare? :-)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

SnowDragon

• Chummer
  • "I gag him and throw him down the stairs!"
« Reply #9 on: <11-27-14/2233:28> »
Idea Concept: Modern day ninjaish type. Stealthy climby uppy everything type. Stabby slashy. Pew pew.
Expanded concept: Second generation shadowrunner with a hatred for all things governmental and corporate operating under and being trained by a group/clan/cooperative by the name of White Serenity. Stealth infiltrator with primaries in lethal offense and magical support including healing, crowd control and astral options. Trains and strives to improve, but not to leave the home he's set up where he lives with the community.

== Info ==
Street Name: Arachnid
Human
Composure: 8
Judge Intentions: 8
Lift/Carry: 8 (75 kg/50 kg)
Memory: 6
Nuyen: 75

== Priorities ==
Metatype: E - Human
Special: C - Adept, Magician, or Technomancer
Skills: B - 36 Skills/5 Skill Groups
Resources: D - 15,000¥

== Attributes ==
BOD: 3
STR: 5
CHA: 5
INT: 3
LOG: 3
EDG: 2
MAG: 4

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                   6
Astral Initiative:         6 + 2d6
Matrix Cold Initiative:    3 + DP + 3d6
Matrix Hot Initiative:     3 + DP + 4d6

== Limits ==
Physical:                  6
Mental:                    4
Social:                    7
Astral:                    7

== Active Skills ==
Animal Handling            : 0                      Pool: 4
Archery                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Armorer                    : 0                      Pool: 2
Assensing                  : 2                      Pool: 5
Automatics                 : 0                      Pool: 4
Automotive Mechanic        : 1                      Pool: 4
Banishing                  : 3                      Pool: 7
Blades                     : 5                      Pool: 10
Clubs                      : 0                      Pool: 4
Computer                   : 0                      Pool: 2
Con                        : 0                      Pool: 4
Counterspelling            : 2                      Pool: 6
Cybercombat                : 0                      Pool: 2
Demolitions                : 0                      Pool: 2
Disguise                   : 0                      Pool: 2
Diving                     : 0                      Pool: 2
Escape Artist              : 1                      Pool: 6
Etiquette                  : 3                      Pool: 8
First Aid                  : 3                      Pool: 6
Forgery                    : 0                      Pool: 2
Free-Fall                  : 0                      Pool: 2
Gunnery                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Gymnastics                 : 2                      Pool: 7
Hacking                    : 0                      Pool: 2
Heavy Weapons              : 0                      Pool: 4
Impersonation              : 0                      Pool: 4
Instruction                : 0                      Pool: 4
Intimidation               : 2                      Pool: 7
Leadership                 : 3                      Pool: 8
Locksmith                  : 2                      Pool: 7
Longarms                   : 0                      Pool: 4
Navigation                 : 0                      Pool: 2
Negotiation                : 3                      Pool: 8
Perception                 : 2                      Pool: 5
Performance                : 0                      Pool: 4
Pilot Ground Craft         : 2                      Pool: 7
Pilot Watercraft           : 0                      Pool: 4
Pistols                    : 5                      Pool: 10
Running                    : 2                      Pool: 7
Sneaking                   : 5                      Pool: 10
Spellcasting               : 3                      Pool: 7
Swimming                   : 2                      Pool: 7
Throwing Weapons           : 0                      Pool: 4
Tracking                   : 0                      Pool: 2
Unarmed Combat             : 5                      Pool: 10

== Knowledge Skills ==
Area Knowledge: Seattle    : 4                      Pool: 7
Bars and Clubs             : 2                      Pool: 5
Security Design            : 3                      Pool: 6
Yakuza                     : 3                      Pool: 6

== Contacts ==
White Serenity Clan Master (1, 6)
White Serenity Datakeeper (4, 4)

== Qualities ==
Allergy (Uncommon, Severe) (Silver)
Ambidextrous
Magician
Prejudiced (Common, Biased) (Law Enforcement)

== Spells ==
(Tradition: Shamanic, Resist Drain with WIL + CHA (8))
Control Actions            DV: F-1
Heal                       DV: F-4
Ice Sheet                  DV: F
Improved Invisibility      DV: F-1
Mass Confusion             DV: F-1

== Lifestyles ==
Somewhere in the Verge...  1 months

== Armor ==

== Weapons ==
Colt Government 2066
   +Silencer
   Pool: 10   Accuracy: 6   DV: 7P   AP: -1   RC: 2
Defiance EX Shocker
   Pool: 10   Accuracy: 4   DV: 9S(e)   AP: -5   RC: 2
Grapple Gun
   Pool: 0   Accuracy: 3   DV: 7S   AP: -2   RC: 2
Sword
   Pool: 10   Accuracy: 6   DV: 8P   AP: -2   RC: 2
Sword
   Pool: 10   Accuracy: 6   DV: 8P   AP: -2   RC: 2
Unarmed Attack
   Pool: 10   Accuracy: 6   DV: 5S   AP: -   RC: 2

== Commlink ==
Sony Emperor (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 2, FWL: 2)

== Gear ==
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Heavy Pistols) x100
Catalyst Stick
Catalyst Stick x2
Climbing Gear
Fake SIN (Tolan Veneer) Rating 4
Grapple Gun
Spare Clip (Colt Government 2066) x20
Stealth Rope (100m) x4
Subvocal Mic

== Vehicles ==
Yamaha Growler (Off-Road Bike)
   +Sensor Array Rating 2

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <11-29-14/2041:07> »
I've also noticed that when one player is waiting on another to post it can really drag things down for them I want a group decision as to how y'all want that handled, and how long y'all consider reasonable to wait for a response. A 2/day minimum post was listed as a game req. for players to eliminate just this sort of drag.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #11 on: <11-29-14/2046:57> »
Here's how i think we should handle it if one player is waiting on another to post before they can continue. I say, Continue and let them catch up.

here's an example of how that would look.

We'll be using the names: Bill, Larry, and Gina.

Bills IC post: It's early morning when Larry shows up. Hopefully he's got those guns. "Good morning Larry, you got those guns i ordered?" (OOC bill knows he does and its just RP stuff asking.)

then Larry doesn't post for a couple days. Then Gina posts.

Ginas IC post: Bill had told me to wait until midnight to call him about the guns, so i gave him till 5 after and just came straight to his house to pick him up. BEEP BEEP "Hey Bill! You ready to go?"

Bills IC post:
Quote from: Gina
"Hey Bill! You ready to go?"
"Yeah sure, lets get outta here! need a gun? Larry came through like he always does."

THEN LARRY SHOWS BACK UP AND POSTS.

Larry's IC post:
Quote from: Bill
"Good morning Larry, you got those guns i ordered?"
"I sure do. Here, take em. I can't stay long. just came to drop off the guns. Later dude." Larry leaves the case full of guns on the table, then gets back in his car and leaves Bill to what he was doing.

See what i mean? As long as its just fluff type of stuff, it can all be handled though correct use of the quote function.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tamesh

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <11-29-14/2053:01> »
I've also noticed that when one player is waiting on another to post it can really drag things down for them I want a group decision as to how y'all want that handled, and how long y'all consider reasonable to wait for a response. A 2/day minimum post was listed as a game req. for players to eliminate just this sort of drag.

Sometimes schedules just don't mesh like one might prefer, or unexpected things just come up. By that token, I'm pretty understanding of delays when they do arise. I understand a minimum to keep things at a standard clip, but it's important to remember that sometimes reality can get in the way.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <11-29-14/2057:01> »
Bear in mind that as far as absenteeism is concerned I absolutely know we'll all need a bit of grace from time-to-time. What I want to know is how long you're willing to give each other and how you want it handled.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #14 on: <11-29-14/2117:37> »
My two Nuyen with this sitch:

Agreeing with Poindexter, the casual stuff can work, no problem.  With where we are now, not quite synced up but soon to be, pressing on and filling the gaps later I could see working for when the player is gone for, say, a day or so.  Even when we are synced up, carrying convos and such, legwork, planning, all that jazz, it isn't that much of a terrible issue with the time zone gaps.

In the intensive situations though...and ESPECIALLY if something like initiative passes and combat turns come into effect...with our situation with people around the globe, I can see how things would get tricky.  Luckily for us, it won't be so bad as our street-level initiatives /probably/ won't result in someone with 3 or 4 passes a turn.

My only input I can give is this: I know we are an RP heavy group, but if we do have to work something out with initiative that the stuff gets rolled up and posted on this thread, and kept updated as things change.  That way, now that we are beginning to understand each others' posting habits, we can sort of mesh into how to make our own turns work efficiently..and not act out of line with, say, a GM's post.

My take on it, anyhow~