NEWS

New GM looking for runners for PbP [5E]

• 116 Replies

kalarin

• Chummer
« Reply #60 on: <04-30-14/0510:29> »
I've got the actual character building part of things done and the story written in my head, just need to finish writing it down.  It's been hard to find more than 5 or 10 minutes at a time to sit here today.  The whole shebang will be up tomorrow.

I definitely know that feeling! it's 9:00pm here, I'll be working a few hours yet. No worries, just post it up when you can. I have a bit of prep ahead of me before I'm good to go.
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <04-30-14/0545:44> »
I'll have a sheet and bit of story up later today, was just waiting for confirmation on which CharGen system would be used before I got into numbers crunching. I'll give a possible secondary role some thought when I get into skills allocation.
Giving a decker/rigger some (or a lot) leeway with regards to nuyen would be quite fair, I think.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <04-30-14/0553:24> »
I think that "Kitty" can function at least moderately well as a decker with standard street rules, it would not be a combat decker but that can be changed as time goes by, the character evolves etc etc, what i liked her most was the background, if the DM likes the concept/backstory and thinks that she can function appropriately in his campaign i would stand by the option to have her as an option for him to choose from. :)
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

kalarin

• Chummer
« Reply #63 on: <04-30-14/0624:13> »
@gazer Hmm I'm not sure that character will fit with the group I have in mind :( Do you have something a little less extreme? It looks like the group is filling fast. I'd probably run a max group of 6 players, preferably 4 or 5.

@Tiamut024 There are still potentially spots left if you want to throw a couple of basic concepts at me? Could make room for something awesome.

@reyjinn Even some B&E would be useful and easy enough with agility I'd imagine. It's only a suggestion to give you more things to do during the game.

@Celtibero I am not at all worried if you're not a combat decker, does the 5 extra karma for nuyen help at all? What about my previous comment about qualities?

Here's where we are at currently.

Submitted:
Celtibero: Kitty - Decker
SlowDeck : Trance Virgo - Hermetic Mage/Face
Poindexter : DuckDown -  Rigger/Face

In Progress:
reyjinn: Gunbunny/?
Tenlaar : Mage/B&E?

Looking forward to a good game :)

« Last Edit: <04-30-14/1553:16> by kalarin »
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <04-30-14/0657:54> »
Being a decker it helps her alot :) it gives the extra NuYen needed to have some of the basic equipment :D

ill clean the backstory later today, to fit the description (minor tweaking), but the idea is pretty much the same, she has taken some beatings from life, she tries to maintain a happy demeanour, she takes care of her friend (nearly a vegetable) that taught her the ropes (one of the reasons she left the Cereal Killers, ill include that in the background), she clings to her backpack as the only connection to the family she never knew, she has a problem with personal property (not entirely kleptomaniac, but she has no issues with stealing or taking advantage of other peoples property and/or cash, just a twisted sense of moral imo) and ofc she has that Hello Kitty compulsion.

All in all a good kid that takes advantage of any edge she finds, although she will not purposely hurt someone if she doesn't think they deserved it.

Possibly gonna take (if you're ok with it) the "Prejudiced - child molesters, people who take advantage of the defenceless, human exploitation/ radical" negative quality, as it surpasses the 25 negative karma, it would just stay at the limit (its for fluff reasons, i don't mind taking the drawback if it fits the character, but only if you're ok with that)
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <04-30-14/0704:19> »
damn forgot about the karma limitations :D reviewing the sheet et all
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

kalarin

• Chummer
« Reply #66 on: <04-30-14/0709:31> »
Being a decker it helps her alot :) it gives the extra NuYen needed to have some of the basic equipment :D

ill clean the backstory later today, to fit the description (minor tweaking), but the idea is pretty much the same, she has taken some beatings from life, she tries to maintain a happy demeanour, she takes care of her friend (nearly a vegetable) that taught her the ropes (one of the reasons she left the Cereal Killers, ill include that in the background), she clings to her backpack as the only connection to the family she never knew, she has a problem with personal property (not entirely kleptomaniac, but she has no issues with stealing or taking advantage of other peoples property and/or cash, just a twisted sense of moral imo) and ofc she has that Hello Kitty compulsion.

All in all a good kid that takes advantage of any edge she finds, although she will not purposely hurt someone if she doesn't think they deserved it.

Possibly gonna take (if you're ok with it) the "Prejudiced - child molesters, people who take advantage of the defenceless, human exploitation/ radical" negative quality, as it surpasses the 25 negative karma, it would just stay at the limit (its for fluff reasons, i don't mind taking the drawback if it fits the character, but only if you're ok with that)

No worries at all surpassing the negative qualities limit for fluff you're more than welcome to take this if you like.
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <04-30-14/0719:11> »
Decided to give him a BUNCH of secondary skills (2-4 points). Little bit of first aid, some social skills etc. So he can lend a hand in a lot of different situations but mainly he can pick up any weapon and use it to get you dead. Will post his sheet once I get on a computer.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <04-30-14/0726:48> »
"kitty" - rereworked sheet and street rules friendly i think

Metatype: D
Attributes: B
Magic: E
Skills: C
Resources: A

Body: 2
Agility: 3
Reaction: 4
Strength: 2
Willpower: 4
Logic: 6
Intuition: 4
Charisma: 3

Edge: 5

Limits
Physical - 4
Mental - 7
Social - 5

Codeslinger (-10)
Pistols 2 (-6)
Forgery 1 (-2)
Perception 1 (-2)
Contacts 1 (-1)

Dependents - close family/Samantha (friend) +9
SINNer (criminal) +10
Distinctive style +5
Prejudiced - child molesters, people who take advantage of the defenceless, human exploitation/ radical

Codeslinger (hack on the fly)

Active Skills

Athletics (group) - 2

Pistols - 2
Forgery - 1
Perception -1

Cybercombat - 5
Electronic Warfare - 4
Hacking (files) - 5 (7)
Computer - 5
Hardware - 3
Software - 3

Etiquette (gang) - 1(3)

Knowledge skills
English - N
Japanese - 5
Matrix security protocols - 5
Gang Identification - 4
Fences - 2
20th Century trivia (japanese - 1 (3)
Current simsense movies (Japanese) - 1 (3)

Jill C1 L4 - Cereal Killers ganger – Decker, ex-girlfriend
Yoshiro Matsumoto C4 L1 - Fencer, pawn broker – Yakuza frontman

Augmentations

Commlink
Cyberdeck (used)
Smartlink (used)
Image link
Datajack

Inventory

Microdeck Summit
Fake SIN (Rating 1)
3*Fake license (Rating 3) - Cyberdeck and prorgams, Firearm, drugs (medical prescription)
Dodge Scoot
1*Agent (Rating 3)
5*Cyberprogram, common use
6*Cyberprogram, hacking
Armor jacket
Jammer, area [Rating 3]

3*Psyche
1*Deepweed
3*Jazz

Ares Light Fire 70
Smartgun system, external
Concealable holster
30*Gel rounds
20*Stick-n-Shock
4*Spare clip

Sony Emperor Commlink

Lifestyle: Squatter 1 moth

Remaining cash: 220 NuY
« Last Edit: <05-01-14/2111:27> by Celtibero »
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Tiamut024

• Newb
« Reply #69 on: <04-30-14/0808:17> »
Street-Level play
• Modify the resources column on the Priority Table as follows:
• Priority A: 75,000 nuyen
• Priority B: 50,000 nuyen
• Priority C: 25,000 nuyen
• Priority D: 15,000 nuyen
• Priority E: 6,000 nuyen
• Karma: Each player receives 13 Karma to customize characters
(maximum of 26 Karma).
• Gear Restrictions: Device Ratings must be rated at 4 or less.
Maximum Availability is limited to 10 or less.
• Nuyen Restrictions: Characters may only convert up to 5
Karma into nuyen (10,000 nuyen).
• Follow all other rules for Character Creation/Advancement
as laid out in this chapter.

Are these the current rules? So only +/- 13 points from qualities? Will work on a character now! Probably a Street Sam

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #70 on: <04-30-14/1242:12> »

isn't everyone prejudiced against those types of people?

I think NOT being prejudiced against slavers and rapists would be a 9 pt NQ called "No empathy"
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <04-30-14/1249:06> »
well yes and no, while child molesters and abusers are reviled, not all forms are child abuse are on the hate list, take for instance kitty situation, most families that took her where just interested in the check at the end of the month, if one kid is good 10 kids are even better, being a dystopia the state closes its eyes (imo) even faster than it does today, as long as there are no great amount of complaints, and who is gonna complain? "Kitty" hates those types of situationm, at gunpoint if it needs be.

take another situation, using kids to sell drugs, commit robberies etc etc, while a gang of child criminals could be something she could ignore, a grown man taking advantage of those kids to further his goals would be something she would not ignore. and that would be the type of situation where some characters in the shadowrun world would not give a drek about.

edit: perhaps i should not have used the "molesters" in there, it was not the what i was trying to convey truth be told, hmm what would be correct term (according to this post/explanation)? abusers?
« Last Edit: <04-30-14/1252:18> by Celtibero »
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #72 on: <04-30-14/1257:02> »

No worries at all surpassing the negative qualities limit for fluff you're more than welcome to take this if you like.

I have an NQ to add to my character sheet ^^ I was going to add the Code of Honor NQ until I saw it was two karma over the limit. Adding it without taking the karma benefit fits Trance perfectly  ;D
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <04-30-14/1330:05> »
edit: perhaps i should not have used the "molesters" in there, it was not the what i was trying to convey truth be told, hmm what would be correct term (according to this post/explanation)? abusers?

Child exploiters.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #74 on: <04-30-14/1334:35> »
hating exploiters feels more like prejudice to me.
hating molesters felt more like common sense.

would this include prejudice against ad campaigns and marketers/toy makers/trid producers that use unethical marketing strategies to make kids buy shit?
their employees? would you be like peggy's artist friends from mad med that immediately look down on her when they find out she works for an ad agency?
I kinda like this the more i think about it.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english