NEWS

New GM looking for runners for PbP [5E]

• 116 Replies

kalarin

• Chummer
« on: <04-27-14/2332:17> »
Hoi chummers,

I'm looking for a smallish team of players to run a shortish game (possibly longer depending on how well things go) and I'm gauging interest. I've got a bit of experience with tabletop games as a player in D&D 3.5 and 4E. I've also just started playing a Shadowrun 5E game which is a blast. I have very limited DM experience, having only run a few D&D one shots with friends.

I've played various RPG's in person and online using both voice and text. As my first PbP game I was hoping to jump in as a player, however spots seem to be very much at a premium here.

I'm looking for around 4-5 players, probably looking to run street-level and using only the core book as I currently don't have Run and Gun. There's also the added benefit of keeping things as simple as possible for me. Ideally I'd like at least a post a day, though I'm more flexible on weekends. Also players that at least know a little about the SR5 rules would be preferred, I'm still learning myself and it would be a great help to have a couple of players that are more experienced than I am if I have any questions.

Leaning more toward black trench-coat opposed to pink mohawk, my idea of an ideal run is one where no bullets are fired.

Post up your concepts and if there's enough interest I'll get something started over the next few weeks.

Shoot if you have any questions!

Edit:

Here are the rules we are using

Street-Level play
• Modify the resources column on the Priority Table as follows:
• Priority A: 75,000 nuyen
• Priority B: 50,000 nuyen
• Priority C: 25,000 nuyen
• Priority D: 15,000 nuyen
• Priority E: 6,000 nuyen
• Karma: Each player receives 13 Karma to customize characters
(maximum of 26 Karma).
• Gear Restrictions: Device Ratings must be rated at 4 or less.
Maximum Availability is limited to 10 or less.
• Nuyen Restrictions: Characters may only convert up to 5
Karma into nuyen (10,000 nuyen).
• Follow all other rules for Character Creation/Advancement
as laid out in this chapter.

The only houserule is that a decker or rigger can spend an additional 5 karma for nuyen

Current Interest: (Let me know if you think the role I've listed is incorrect)
Celtibero: Kitty - Decker
SlowDeck : Trance Virgo - Hermetic Mage/Face
Poindexter : DuckDown -  Rigger/Face
Tenlaar : Cheshire  - Mage/Illusionist
reyjinn: Slim - Gunbunny
Tiamut024 - Gunbunny
« Last Edit: <04-30-14/1911:30> by kalarin »
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #1 on: <04-27-14/2334:00> »
I'm in! I'll have a mage statted up quickly enough.

Depending on how many people are awake tonight, this may be filled by morning.
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

kalarin

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <04-27-14/2335:06> »
I'm in! I'll have a mage statted up quickly enough.

Depending on how many people are awake tonight, this may be filled by morning.

Wow! That was stupidly fast! I'll definitely keep you in mind. I'm more interested in character concepts at this stage, we can work out stats, etc later.
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-27-14/2337:04> »
I'm looking at the idea of a stealth mage who has Dragonslayer as a mentor spirit and a moral code related to not killing noncombatants. Definitely would have stun spells ready in case they're needed.
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-28-14/0004:41> »
I'd jump in as well.  I've been kicking around an idea for a mage myself that is made for black trench-coat that I should be able to make easily enough.  A dwarf who's mother was a student of literature.  She would often read her favorite book to him, Alice in Wonderland.  Regularly teased by children more interested in physical pursuits (and much larger!), he grew to idolize the Cheshire Cat and how easily he could vex anybody and escape danger.  It developed into a bit of an obsession and he went on to adopt the persona as his cover in the shadows - Physical Mask spell to make himself look like ol' Cheshire, primarily moving through a sustained Levitate spell on himself (Force 6 levitate moves at over 6 feet per second), and an almost short-sighted focus on illusion and manipulation magic.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

kalarin

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <04-28-14/0005:39> »
I'm looking at the idea of a stealth mage who has Dragonslayer as a mentor spirit and a moral code related to not killing noncombatants. Definitely would have stun spells ready in case they're needed.

Sounds like it could be a good fit. Do you have any experience playing SR5?
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #6 on: <04-28-14/0055:11> »
If there's still room, i'd LOVE to play!
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-28-14/0057:15> »
I was thinking of a young, idealistic musician, looking for ways to stick it to the man and make a decent living for himself.
Hadn't really thought of what role he'd fill, but i haven't made the character yet, so i could make him fill any role, really.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <04-28-14/0104:37> »
nevermind. i've started making him and he's an ork face.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <04-28-14/0117:08> »

Sounds like it could be a good fit. Do you have any experience playing SR5?

Playing? Not really. Single minor game outside of this site, but that group hasn't been able to meet again since then. We did prove that Exotic Weapon (Metahuman) is an overpowered skill.

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <04-28-14/0118:51> »
We did prove that Exotic Weapon (Metahuman) is an overpowered skill.

Ha.  Was it a troll swinging a dwarf?  Tell me it was troll swinging a dwarf.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <04-28-14/0122:06> »
We did prove that Exotic Weapon (Metahuman) is an overpowered skill.

Ha.  Was it a troll swinging a dwarf?  Tell me it was troll swinging a dwarf.

Sadly, not yet. The dwarf adept was knocked out by a lucky shot from an elf ganger. It was, however, a troll swinging an elf...

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <04-28-14/0127:32> »
Bah, silly troll.  Everybody knows dwarves have more muscle density.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

gazer

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <04-28-14/0304:50> »
I've got a human b&e that i have been wanting to play

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <04-28-14/0352:37> »
For street level I'd love to play a mundane gunbunny, probably human and not with any cyber (yet at least). Would need to give some thought as to whether he is an aspiring Street Sam or more of a merc.
Don't have much experience myself of shadowrun but that just means the gm can handwave some rules without protest ;)
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"