NEWS

New GM looking for runners for PbP [5E]

• 116 Replies

kalarin

• Chummer
« Reply #45 on: <04-29-14/1723:24> »
My biggest issue at this stage is that no one is interested in playing a Rigger or Decker, which I can understand due to the decrased nuyen. I'm wanting to run a lower level game with characters that are new running the shadows, not one where characters are decked out with up to 450k+ worth of augmentations and gear.

I'm happy to run ABCDE if that's what people want... I just feel anyone running a nuyen heavy character will be heavily gimped so I thought the alternative attribute array would make these characters a little more appealing.

Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <04-29-14/1739:27> »
in Kitty's backstory she is heavy in debt with the Yakuza, that was one of the explanations (even if it becomes a drawback to the player/character) i was going to use for her equipment.
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

kalarin

• Chummer
« Reply #47 on: <04-29-14/1909:07> »
in Kitty's backstory she is heavy in debt with the Yakuza, that was one of the explanations (even if it becomes a drawback to the player/character) i was going to use for her equipment.

Did you use street level rules for this character? Cerebal Booster 2 is avail 12 and a good chunk of your starting nuyen
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <04-29-14/1915:11> »
no, i pretty much copy pasted it at the point where i had left her, the character can be tweaked to fit in street lvl, also the backstory might change somewhat to reflect that, but the concept is pretty much the same, what are your thoughts/opinions on her?
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <04-29-14/1938:29> »
My biggest issue at this stage is that no one is interested in playing a Rigger or Decker, which I can understand due to the decrased nuyen. I'm wanting to run a lower level game with characters that are new running the shadows, not one where characters are decked out with up to 450k+ worth of augmentations and gear.

I'm happy to run ABCDE if that's what people want... I just feel anyone running a nuyen heavy character will be heavily gimped so I thought the alternative attribute array would make these characters a little more appealing.

Yeah, I think the normal street level rules are pretty brutal towards nuyen heavy builds while being very forgiving for magical characters. Street scum rules offer more parity, I think.
Seems like the majority of the potential players in this thread are partial to ABC though.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <04-29-14/1958:48> »
Using ABCDE rules for a street campaign

"kitty"

Metatype: D
Attributes: B(20)
Magic: E
Skills: C
Resources: A

Body: 2
Agility: 3
Reaction: 5
Strenght: 2
Willpower: 4
Logic: 6
Intuition: 5
Charisma: 3

Edge: 5

Limits
Physical - 4
Mental - 7
Social - 5

body 1-»2 (-10)
Str 1-» 2 (-10)
Codeslinger (-10)
Analytical mind (-5)
first aid 1 (-2)
Pistols 2 (-6)
Perception 1 (-2)

Dependents - close family +9
SINNer (criminal) +10
Distinctive style +5

Codeslinger (hack on the fly)
Analytical mind

Active Skills

Athletics (group) - 2

Pistols - 2
First aid - 1
Perception -1

Cybercombat - 5
Electronic Warfare - 4
Hacking (files) - 5 (7)
Computer - 5
Hardware - 3
Software - 3

Etiquette (gang) 1(3)

Augmentations

Commlink
Cyberdeck (used)
Smartlink (used)
Image link
Datajack

Inventory

Microdeck Summit
Fake SIN (Rating 1)
Squatter
2*Fake license (Rating 3)
Dodge Scoot
1*Agent (Rating 3)
5*Cyberprogram, common use
6*Cyberprogram, hacking
Armor jacket

Jammer, area [Rating 3]

Ares Light Fire 70
Smartgun system, external
Concealable holster
30*Gel rounds
20*Stick-n-Shock
4*Spare clip

Sony Emperor Commlink

Remaining cash: 45 NuY

« Last Edit: <04-29-14/2004:04> by Celtibero »
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #51 on: <04-29-14/2050:24> »
Runner Name: Trance Virgo

Priority system
A - Magic (Hermetic mage)
B - Skills
C - Attributes
D - Race (Elf)
E - Resources

Attributes
Body - 2
Agility - 3
Reaction - 3
Strength - 2
Willpower - 3
Logic - 6
Intuition - 3
Charisma - 5
Edge - 1
Essence - 6
Magic - 6
Initiative- 6

Qualities
Mentor Spirit (Dragonslayer) (-5 karma)
Allergy (Grass) (Moderate) (+10 Karma)
Code of Honor (No karma benefit; taken for RP purposes)

Active skills
Arcana 5
Assensing 6
Astral Combat 4
Banishing 4
Binding 5 (free)
Etiquette 3
Negotiation 4
Perception 3
Pistols 3
Sneaking 4
Sorcery (skill group) 5
Summoning 5 (free)

Knowledge Skills
Matrix Games 2
Native American Chants 3
Parageology 5
Popular Trids 3
Quick Home-made Cooking Recipes 2

Languages
English N
Sperethial 3

Lifestyle
Low (1 month) ¥1000

Gear
Magical Lodge Materials (Force 4) (used to create a magical lodge in her living room) ¥2000
Renraku Sensei ¥1000
Armored Vest ¥500
Colt America L36 ¥320
- Concealable Holster ¥150
- Spare Clips (9) ¥45
- Gel rounds(110 rounds) ¥275

Leftover Cash
¥710

Spells
Ball Lightning
Stunbolt
Stunball
Heal
Detect Life, Extended
Improved Invisibility
Physical Mask
Silence
Armor
Mana Bolt
Power Bolt (5 karma)
Mana Barrier (5 karma)

Bound Spirits
Earth Spirit (owes 3 services)

Contacts
Mini Boom (Fixer) (Connection 4, Loyalty 1)

History

Trance was one of the lucky ones; born to runners who actually were making a name for themselves, she was apprenticed to a hermetic friend of their's when she Awakened. For the most part, her life consisted of growing up, learning spells, arguing with her parents like a teenager would, being a brat towards her mentor on occasion when not running errands for him or learning magical power, and arguments with this strange voice in her head that insisted she actually go out and fight a good fight.

And then came her 18th birthday. A run had apparently gone wrong; she returned from gathering some magical supplies for upgrading her mentor's circle to find the shop on fire and her mentor gunned down. She rescued what she could of his library, but most of it was lost to the fire. Another check found her parents had suffered the same fate, leaving her without a home. She grabbed a bag her parents had asked her to put together, lamented her foolishness in not putting more of it, and fled to a different part of the city to start over.

She has almost no money, her fake SIN has been burned, her allies are dead, and her only contact is a fixer she met last week.

Morals

Even though she doesn't have a code of ethics she officially ascribes to, Trance does have certain boundaries she does not cross. She refuses to kill noncombatants or kill when it is not necessary. To her line of thought, an unconscious guard is less of a problem than a dead guard. She also refuses to harm children, and will not accept a job to get more employees for a bunraku parlor. However, it is possible she would ignore all of these restrictions if the victim was involved in killing her parents...
« Last Edit: <04-30-14/1428:49> by SlowDeck »
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <04-30-14/0010:30> »
My biggest issue at this stage is that no one is interested in playing a Rigger or Decker, which I can understand due to the decrased nuyen.

Yeah, it's just too brutal on them.  For a decker,  you either have to take resources A to afford the first or second best deck with 17-25k left over, or resources B just to afford the cheapest deck with (literally) 500 nuyen left over.

If somebody was willing to take the role, I wouldn't feel slighted at all for them to get a free deck as a legacy item that doesn't count towards their resources.  Matrix stuff is really the one area where I have focused little of my attention, I'm a magic man.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #53 on: <04-30-14/0121:15> »
i can totally switch over to the rigger if no one else wants it. I might even could keep the concept the same.
Hell, i MIGHT could even keep the face role too. Only thing is, i'd have to either go "get away driver" or "aerial overwatch" for the rigger bit. probably won't be enough money for both.

I LOVE riggers.

ok, been workin on him and i can sorta make him work, sorta.
I think i can make him work well if ya lemme do another 5 karma to money.

mind if i do?
« Last Edit: <04-30-14/0155:35> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #54 on: <04-30-14/0203:56> »
I know I'm not the GM, but I'm actually curious. I've been unable to get a rigger build to work at that amount. Even if you can't do it for this game, could you PM me the build?
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #55 on: <04-30-14/0208:36> »
Well, he aint pretty, and he aint got a weapon, but i made him work.
he'll be much better if i can get that extra 10,000...
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

kalarin

• Chummer
« Reply #56 on: <04-30-14/0336:02> »
I've got about an hour before I have to get back to doing some work. I'll read through the comments now and post some feedback.

Well, he aint pretty, and he aint got a weapon, but i made him work.
he'll be much better if i can get that extra 10,000...

As we're going ABCDE I think that's a fair compromise. I wouldn't mind a decker doing the same also.
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <04-30-14/0343:57> »
I also meant to ask, where is the story going to be located?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

kalarin

• Chummer
« Reply #58 on: <04-30-14/0450:21> »
@Celtibero Keen to have you play, I like the backstory. Is the augmentation portion removed now you're more limited in resources, or did you want to change it slightly? I like that you're playing a decker, I know it's challenging with reduced nuyen.

The only other thing that sticks out browsing the character sheet is that street runners only get 13 karma to start with a max of 26 with negative qualities. As I said to Poindexter I'm also happy with you spending an extra 5 karma for nuyen, though it may be tough being over already.

@SlowDeck Keen for you too. Always good to have some magic. You've left me pretty open with the character concept too which may be fun. Also decent stats for a face which is useful. 

@Pointdexter Rigger? Awesome! interested in the face portion too. Post up the character and backstory and I'm sure I'll be keen for you to join us. 27 years RP experience is a little intimidating! As I said I'm a new GM, though I'll do my best to run a fun game.

@reyjinn A little muscle is always good. I'm hoping for a game where shooting is more a last resort, a secondary role may give you more options. Post up a character sheet and story and I'll give you some feedback.

@Tenlaar I'm still interested to see the character sheet for your backstory. I'm a little hesitant on 2 mages though I do want B&E. As for location I'm want to keep the game rather localised to start, I was thinking of just sticking with Seattle as I don't really see much need to move the game elsewhere.

Also I would like to say that I'm interested in running a game where you're generally working toward the same goal. I don't mind conflict, just not interested in players ruining the experience for other players.

Also for those that have pbp experience, do you have any advice on running a smooth game? I see there's normally an IC and OOC thread, I'll likely use Invisible Castle for dice rolls. Anything else?

It will still take me a bit over a week to re-read the rules, sort out what I want to run and get organised to start. I still have a fair bit to learn.
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <04-30-14/0506:33> »
I've got the actual character building part of things done and the story written in my head, just need to finish writing it down.  It's been hard to find more than 5 or 10 minutes at a time to sit here today.  The whole shebang will be up tomorrow.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral