NEWS

Monofilament Whips!

• 126 Replies

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <10-23-13/2055:31> »
sorry, I meant on a monowire :P
They're not exactly going to sell monowire in unattached lengths, are they? How would you pick it up?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #16 on: <10-23-13/2149:33> »
They do, actually. It is used as a security feature in many places. And you need special gloves to pick it up without slicing your hands.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #17 on: <10-23-13/2240:53> »
they actually sell it buy the roll!

like you would fishing line or chicken wire.....

and yes you need specially designed gloves to manipulate it.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <10-23-13/2308:28> »
They do, actually. It is used as a security feature in many places. And you need special gloves to pick it up without slicing your hands.
What I should have said is that it's going to come spooled or in some other neat, contained measure. You aren't going to buy it direct from the seller in tangled heaps or in free floating random lengths. That would be stupid.
« Last Edit: <10-23-13/2310:06> by Novocrane »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <10-23-13/2315:08> »
Of course. But you can buy it in coils of a certain length, and then cut it as needed to stretch across an alleyway, for instance. Personally, I prefer to put it at mid-shin height. Slices the legs so they can't run, and leaves them alive, so you can question them later if you need to.

My Characters

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <10-23-13/2323:34> »
Of course. But you can buy it in coils of a certain length, and then cut it as needed to stretch across an alleyway, for instance. Personally, I prefer to put it at mid-shin height. Slices the legs so they can't run, and leaves them alive, so you can question them later if you need to.

PLEASE!!!

that is no where near as entertaining as "Go-gang head basketball".... where you see if you can get the detached head to bounce into a pothole after the go-ganger runs into the mono wire stretched across the highway at 80KpH...   ;D

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <10-24-13/0016:51> »
Yes, but I prefer more practical methods. You can't get as much information out of a corpse. And if someone's chasing me, I'd like them to be alive long enough for me to very slowly and carefully get all the information I can out of them.

My Characters

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <10-24-13/0058:39> »
Yes, but I prefer more practical methods. You can't get as much information out of a corpse. And if someone's chasing me, I'd like them to be alive long enough for me to very slowly and carefully get all the information I can out of them.

fine.

but, I am changing your name to "No fun Mirikon"    :P

WrongConcept

• Chummer
  • "This demonstrates my stupidity"
« Reply #23 on: <10-24-13/0957:20> »
Now i wish a Monofilament Net to trow at my enemies all Gladiator Like
"Welcome to the Shadows... We bake cookies on tuesdays and prepare for mass murder on saturdays, we do rest at sundays to start murdering on Monday... WHY?! my thats a stupid question, because mondays suck!" -Mad Gunner Brian

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <10-24-13/1013:23> »

fine.

No, no, no. You clearly don't know how much fun a proper interrogation session can be. Adding in some psychological torture while you're at it can really improve results. Plus, the 'cleaners' prefer to take the 'pigs' while they're still warm. Still Shedim about, afterall.

My Characters

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <10-24-13/1711:58> »

fine.

No, no, no. You clearly don't know how much fun a proper interrogation session can be. Adding in some psychological torture while you're at it can really improve results. Plus, the 'cleaners' prefer to take the 'pigs' while they're still warm. Still Shedim about, afterall.

"Hi, I will be conducing your interrogation today. Today we will be using a blow torch, a rat, a metal pail, and a bag prunes. Do you wish to tell me anything before we get started?"

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <10-24-13/1842:41> »
See, now you're getting it!

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #27 on: <10-25-13/0116:04> »
Biggest dick thing you can ever do? String a piece of it across an alley while your buddy is being chased by go-gangers. He knows to duck, they don't.

Plop.
Even worse, string it at KNEE HEIGHT for, say, your average Ork.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

WrongConcept

• Chummer
  • "This demonstrates my stupidity"
« Reply #28 on: <10-25-13/0914:32> »
Biggest dick thing you can ever do? String a piece of it across an alley while your buddy is being chased by go-gangers. He knows to duck, they don't.

Plop.

You guys are just plain evil
"Welcome to the Shadows... We bake cookies on tuesdays and prepare for mass murder on saturdays, we do rest at sundays to start murdering on Monday... WHY?! my thats a stupid question, because mondays suck!" -Mad Gunner Brian

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <10-25-13/0950:15> »

Plop.

You guys are just plain evil

Comes from boring bus, plane, and car rides.... I use that time to come up with shocking imagery to stop my players from sleeping at night...