NEWS

please tell me I am wrong about cyberlimbs, these rules can not be this stupid..

• 48 Replies

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #45 on: <07-29-13/0725:07> »
[quote="Page 175 (emphasis mine")]Recoil is the effect firing a gun has on the weapon and the wielder. Muzzle rise, wrist strain, body shifting, and other factors caused by repeated firing of a weapon are all factors in recoil.[/quote]Sounds like even a full cyberarm might average out with some of your other bodyparts to determine your free Recoil Compensation, actually - plus for the bigger weapons, you'll need both arms.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <07-29-13/0754:00> »
Not sure how you fire a [hand]gun - or what you think will happen when you pull the trigger - but when I am at the shooting range I absorb the recoil with my wrist (or actually, since I am not a product of Hollywood nor do I have Human Maximum Strength, I hold the gun in my right hand while pressing it into my left).

Recoil is the effect firing a gun has on the weapon and the wielder. Muzzle rise, wrist strain, body shifting, and other factors caused by repeated firing of a weapon are all factors in recoil.

btw - 3 seconds between each shot (which would be one semi-automatic shot every action phase for someone like me that does not have wired reflexes in real life) is more then enough time to compensate for the recoil from your previous shot. The main reason why it build recoil in SR5 is probably just a game mechanic to indirectly buff Single Shot weapons...

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <07-29-13/0756:43> »
btw - 3 seconds between each shot (which would be one semi-automatic shot every action phase for someone like me that does not have wired reflexes in real life) is more then enough time to compensate for the recoil from your previous shot. The main reason why it build recoil in SR5 is probably just a game mechanic to indirectly buff Single Shot weapons...
Actually the writers are adamantly claiming that shooting in SA in every pass doesn't build up recoil as the other single action you use in the pass resets the recoil.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #48 on: <07-29-13/0800:12> »
LOL!  I thought the rules where stupid in 4th also. House ruled it, but they where a little easier to find the rules, also they where more clear.
Well, apparently the original poster is a long-time fan of the Shadowrun setting and this thread is not about trying to figure out a rule, but simple to complain about that rule. I left this thread open because there's been a LOT of great discussion on it throughout (shout-outs to A4BG, Mäx, Xenon, and ZeConster!), but I'm closing it now since the arguments are getting circular.