NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #420 on: <02-20-13/0137:53> »
"Let's just grab something to eat, maybe some fuel if we need it and get out," Sammy said, "And yes, I know a masking spell.  I don't think it's useful right now, as I can't do it for the entire party.  Look, there's the restaurant.  It might be a bit early, but I suggest we grab something to eat, just because you might never know when will be the next time.  It might also give Fion the time to put some feelers out and right after dinner I'll hop over to the warehouse to see if something has changed in the meantime."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #421 on: <02-20-13/0140:06> »
"I don't think it's smart to just tear out of here as fast as possible.  We do have a fragging border to worry about."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #422 on: <02-20-13/0151:16> »
"I have an explanation as to why we're here," Sammy suggested, "should anybody ask, we're a film crew looking for some nice spots to shoot a new movie.  That can explain why we're just stopping in town for something to eat before leaving again.  Those advance crews have to find locations as quickly as possible."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #423 on: <02-20-13/0203:13> »
"And when they check SINs?  Whipping up some fakes would take months at best, and that's for a far better forger than I."
« Last Edit: <02-20-13/0209:43> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #424 on: <02-20-13/0620:00> »
Clem pulled in at the restaurant. "I like miss Levine's suggestion. Let's get something to eat while we can. It'll give Red some time to do his thing and it'll also make us look like normal tourists." Clementine turned over and said to Fionn "We can bring you something if you want to stay in the car."

When they left the Jeep, Clementine took O'Connor aside. She had been around a lot of addicts in her days and knew withdrawal could jeopardise the whole operation. "If you can try to keep it under control until we get back to civilisation, I'll help you score some stuff. But just keep your mouth shut until then. Deal?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #425 on: <02-20-13/0624:58> »
"I'm perfectly mobile, don't you worry about that."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #426 on: <02-20-13/0936:36> »
Looking around at his companions, Sam said, "Ok, before we get out, I think we all need to acknowledge some basic facts. Most of us don't fit here. Looks, mannerisms--we're used to the big city. I know I can find out information that'll help us, but not if we look like a big, threatening group of out-of-town goons. Sammy's idea is a good one; make sure you do a lot of looking around as if you're trying to frame shots and such."

[spoiler]Edited to remove my lingual mistake.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <02-20-13/1049:54> by Thvor »
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #427 on: <02-20-13/1138:30> »
After the little speech he had received from Sam he was still slightly confused. He thought he had been trying to send the same message but maybe he hadn't said it the right way. As soon as the talk turned to stopping and refueling Johnny spoke up "I used to be a stuntman for trid actors so I've actually done exactly what Miss Delavine is proposing and it seems like a decent cover story. But we don't have anything those crews would normally carry. Also I was just wondering without comms how are we gonna pay for the meal and gas? " Johnny's criticism didn't come across haughty, merely confused.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #428 on: <02-20-13/1624:53> »
"Thanks for the concern an' all, but I'll be fine, Clem. I can get me own stuff once we're back in the city, just focus on gettin' us there. Right now, my biggest problem ain't getting a fix, its that mouthy lil' ginger prick. We need a second car, cause I'll end up killin' 'im at this rate."
« Last Edit: <02-20-13/2113:54> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #429 on: <02-20-13/2257:58> »
Rudy's Diner is a typical greasy spoon Americana eatery, which takes you all a second to realize that makes it something of a novelty in a small villiage deep in the back country of the Native American Nations.

The staff has 'costuming' that continues the act, looking for all the world like rejects from every flatscreen sitcom from the last century.  The cook has a porkpie hat and a greasy t-shirt and the two waitresses smack gum and are all big hair and bigger cleavage.  Outside of those three individuals, you are the only non-Amerinds of the 30-odd occupants.

"Laage Paaty?  It'll be be sec honey, and 20 pacent tip added to da bill." says the blond as she meets you at the door.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #430 on: <02-20-13/2312:53> »
As they walk through the door, Sam says loudly to Sammy, as if continuing a conversation from outside, "...yes, Ms. Delavine, I know the last town was a disappointment, but I'm sure you'll love this one. Yakima's got character you can't fake on the trids, you know?" When the waitress steps forward to tell them to wait, he glances at her in a "don't interrupt, this is important" manner, then does a double take and looks more closely at her. "Wow. I mean, look at this one, Sammy. Would you expect to find such natural carriage and grace just anywhere? What's your name, sweetheart?" He deliberately stares full in her face, not even glancing down to see if she's wearing a name tag.

[spoiler]
Not sure what all rolls to make to carry this off, but I'll take a swing at the obvious ones. GM, feel free to ask for others as you see appropriate.
Con: 13d6.hits(5)=5
Bonus dice from teamwork & Sammy's reputation: 7d6.hits(5)=2, total of 7 hits.
Perception (visual), checking out the waitress: 12d6.hits(5)=2 (initial glance)

No glitches.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <02-21-13/1113:02> by Thvor »
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #431 on: <02-21-13/0154:21> »
Sammy followed Sam into the diner, looking around checking out the place.  While doing so, she also checked if anybody was paying close attention to them, above what they would to a group of non-amerinds.  She also gave the diner a glance in the astral.
"You might be right," she said to Sam, "we can have something come out of the kitchen while we are eating.  I know Bill said he didn't want animals, but maybe we can convince him to change.  A couple of Barghests jumping on the counter would look impressive, don't you think?"

[spoiler]
charisma 4 + con 3 =7 (7d6.hits(5)=3)
That's 6 dice from me: 3 from my roll, plus as Crossbow said, 3 from my fame

perception:
intuition 3 + perception 2 + looking specifically 3 =8 (8d6.hits(5)=4)

astral perception:
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=1)
[/spoiler]

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #432 on: <02-21-13/0257:47> »
"Yeah, bring the camera drones in from underneath for a low shot...  What to do with the lighting gets to be an interesting question."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #433 on: <02-21-13/1347:52> »
"My name is Alice sweetie." is all the the waitress can get out before a commotion comes from  behind the counter. 

"OMIGOD! SAMANTHA DELAVINE IS IN MY DINER!" the cook bursts out of the kitchen, literally bouncing his way through the tables.  The hat is gone and mean jowls chewing a cigar a moment ago is lost in beaming face of a worshipper meeting his deity.

"Omigod, omigod, they are not going to belive this at the playhouse, they will just DIE, you were so good as sevelda, that was just CRIMINAL that they gave it to that bitchy old elf, (Nathaniel, take your coffee to  the counter, Vera, bus these tables NOW!) what are you doing here? omigod i hope you will be here for the show, Liam will just be SOOO good as Puck you have to see him!...."

Sammy is grabbed by both hands and dragged through the restaurant to a recently vacated table with an adjoining empty booth and is sat down and joined by the cook, there is plenty of room for the rest of you.
« Last Edit: <02-21-13/1437:34> by Crossbow »

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #434 on: <02-21-13/1444:58> »
Sammy followed the guy to the table, signaling to the others to follow.  Not that she had much choice in the matter, but this was hardly the first time it had happened.

"We're not here specifically for the show, but what show," She asked.  If she could keep him going, maybe she could find out what had happened in the world in those two-something days they were out.