NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #450 on: <02-25-13/0144:53> »
"I'm working on getting there, at least.  Trying to avoid sticking my head up too far until I've got some idea what's going on, ya know?  Good news is that I wasn't injured - and there's a few other people in the same situation, which just makes it weirder but seems to improve the outlook at least.  Hoping I can figure out what's going on now that I'm back to something resembling civilization, but the data's a little thin so far...  Has me thinking, though; think you can look into this quietly?  Don't go putting yourself out there or anything; I don't know what this is and do not want to be putting you at any sort of risk, but if you can get me any closer to some answers I'd owe you something fierce."  Fionn was hesitant to drag Jimmy into things when he didn't even know what was going on, but he didn't see much other choice.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #451 on: <02-25-13/0152:02> »
O'Connor occupied himself with his food, doing his best not to draw attention his way. He wasn't a smooth talker, and getting caught up in the conversation would snowball their deception in an instant. He stared lazily about the room, letting his thoughts wonder, How long is this shit gonna take? The sooner we leave, the sooner I get to kill the assholes that dumped us out in the woods..

[spoiler=Perception]
Perception (Visual) 5 + Intuition 3 - CM 2 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5) → [3,3,1,3,4,4] = (0)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <02-25-13/0156:08> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #452 on: <02-25-13/0159:29> »
"'Back to civilization', what does that mean?" Jimmy asks, then looks around "Not really sure I can help you there kid, like I said, I don't ask about stuff like that.  You gotta make a living, and I am chill with that, but I gotta do the same y'know?"  Jimmy looks seriously conflicted, he wants to help, but not sure how.  Bartenders hear things and know people, but they do not ask questions.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #453 on: <02-25-13/0214:41> »
"Woke up in a bloody dead zone - a distinctly unpleasant experience I'd love to never repeat."  He paused for a second; he didn't outwardly shudder in meatspace but in the Matrix his reaction to thinking about the experience was clear as day, but he composed himself and carried on.  "All I'm asking you for is to keep an ear to the ground; I can give you the info I've got on the others I'm stuck in this with, if you'll pass along anything you do hear.  If you don't want to get involved I understand, so if you'd rather not have that info I don't need to tell you."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #454 on: <02-25-13/0727:28> »
Lines across Ikari's brow creased and smoothed over with some effort as Clem closed the distance between them, but he listened before responding in like kind. He spoke normally, slowly turning his attention to anything reflective in the diner that might show more of the scene playing out.

"Sniff? Doesn't sound good ... if you can keep prison tats and chopsticks talking, we'll see what can be done."

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #455 on: <02-25-13/1211:06> »
Gently disengaging himself from the waitress, Sam smiled at her. "Sweetheart, you're a wonder. I wish I could stay and talk with you all day, but I'm afraid I've got responsibilities, and it looks like Rudy could use your help." He sighed. "I'd love to chat with him and get his story, but he's so busy...I know, where could I find Liam?"
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #456 on: <02-25-13/1216:00> »
Sammy gave most of the business cards to Fion.  Smugglers normally didn't have those, at least as far as she knew, which was not all that much, but still.
"No honest to god smugglers," she asked with a smile, "you know, who bring things and people from here to Seattle.  We can guarentee anonimity."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #457 on: <02-25-13/1537:28> »
Jimmy looks confused, "Kid I understand you woke up in a dead zone, but where?  Pass me the names, I'll let you know if I hear or know anything."

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #458 on: <02-25-13/1549:57> »
The individual getting eyed up Clem and Icarus, the later of whom is able to subtly alert O'Connor to his guest, eases into the booth behind the party and subtly taps him on the shoulder.  As tightly wired as the young man is, it is fortunate he was given the alert, avoiding any undo altercations.  "You look like you got an itch that needs scatching bro, you Hollywood types need something a little extra in town, we should talk.  Maybe you hook me up with the crew when things get moving?"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #459 on: <02-25-13/1556:52> »
"Out in the wilderness somewhere, couple hundred clicks away from Seattle.  Like I said, the whole thing is some fragging weird drek - kind of story that needs to be told over a couple pints.  As for names, I'll give you what I know - but in a couple cases all I really have is descriptions."  Fionn forwarded the details he had on everyone to Jimmy's link, sparse though they were in some places.

"Couple of other things I'm wondering, too...  Was I alone when I left on Sunday?  Noticed anyone pokingtheir heads around since then?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #460 on: <02-25-13/1723:23> »
O'Connor whispered back to the guy, "Yeah, sure. Lemme talk with my...colleagues here. I'm sure we can come to an agreement." He leaned in towards Clem and Icarus, "Guy's lookin' to sling to us."
« Last Edit: <02-25-13/1800:09> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #461 on: <02-25-13/1738:27> »
Clementine answered only one word. "Payment?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #462 on: <02-25-13/1747:31> »
On the Matrix:

"How are you getting back to the city?  Yeah this sounds like that kinda thing, you make it back by Friday I'll get my girl to do some corned beef and we'll hear it right."  He takes the names, scratches one or two things on a pad, then says "well I will my ears open, but you left alone and i woula said by now if someone'd asked."

In Yakima:

Alice says "Liam's usually at the Playhouse most days, he comes in for dinner and then Rudy and him walk back together once Mel and Flo take over.  Oh hey John!  I guess you heard, Samamntha Delavane's gonna make us all famous!"  She gets up to meet a man coming in whose look and dress make no question as to his job.  This is a cop, probably THE cop in town.

"Hey Alice, maybe you better try and clear out this crowd, fire codes and all,"  the officer looks over Torley and offers his hand, "John Running Bear, town constable and you are..?"

Over on the other side of the cafe, the dealer suddenly tenses up,  "Drek, gotta go, come by the Pow-wow later, ask for Eddie."  Then he slips out through the back exit

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #463 on: <02-25-13/1759:14> »
O'Connor shrugged, "Cash, I assume. The fuck else is he gonna take? Guy's prices are probably gonna be good. He's really just lookin' for an in with the crew for when filmin' starts." He sees the drug dealer make a hasty exit, and then notices the reason why, Aw, fuck.
« Last Edit: <02-25-13/1806:44> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #464 on: <02-25-13/1817:50> »
Upon seeing the obvious cop, Clementine whispers to Icarus and O'Connor "How about we go see what else the town has to offer?"

She then casually moves towards Fionn and the rest, saying "I think Karl found us some of the props we were looking for, but he's not sure he can keep it for long so we should go now."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix