NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #390 on: <02-18-13/0008:41> »
"One thing you'll learn about me, Clementine - takes a good deal more than that to scare me.  Couldn't have managed this long otherwise."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #391 on: <02-18-13/0018:11> »
"If a job doesn't require a lot of people dead, then it ain't a job I'm needed for. An' maybe ya do know more 'an me Red, I don't really give a shit though. I don't see how the knowledge of a weakling pussy like you could ever be useful to me. As for Clem's remark, Red, I don't have any plans of killing you as of right now. It'd be way too easy, no fun at all an' just a waste of time an' ammo."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #392 on: <02-18-13/0018:54> »
"It might take more than that to scare you, but it usually takes less to get hurt" answers Clementine.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #393 on: <02-18-13/0100:02> »
"Is that so...  You may not like the Matrix, Clem, but you'd be wise to respoect it's power - and not to foreget the power it grants its children.  I've seen worse than him in my time, believe you me.  And as for your 'point', O'Conner, it's one thing to need muscle, it's another thing to need corpses.  Or have you really never heard the term 'less-than-lethal'?  End of the day, bodies just bring a lot more trouble.  I'm inclined to guess you haven't been in the game very long, eh?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #394 on: <02-18-13/0211:12> »
"People, can you please cut the philosophical discussions," Sammy asked, "if I want those I can go back to college. I would suggest we keep the killing to a minimum, even if it's only to have people to interrogate afterwards so we can find out what the frag has happened.  But Fion, there will be times when it's unavoidable.  You might not like it, and I don't really like it all that much either, but stop whining about it before it happens.  But I would like to ask all of you to at least try to minimize the bodycount before we know what happened to us."

"Second to the right," She added to Clem.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #395 on: <02-18-13/0247:01> »
"Got it" answered Clementine to Sammy. "I'm with miss Delavine on this, I'd prefer not to kill unless we absolutely have to. But don't fool yourself, Red: if we have to, we will."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #396 on: <02-18-13/0251:05> »
"I did say minimize, did I not?  I'm not unrealistic; should it come down to it, I'd probably rather kill than be killed myself.  I'm talking about when there's other options; I get that sometimes there's no other way.  Fair enough?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #397 on: <02-18-13/0306:36> »
"I can live with that. I'd rather incapacitate than 86 someone anyways."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #398 on: <02-18-13/1234:48> »
O'Connor shook his head, exasperated, "Fine, whatever, I'll leave a few alive so we can torture 'em for information, but better believe that once they ain't usefully no more, I'm puttin' bullets in their skulls."

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #399 on: <02-18-13/1245:36> »
The road into town becomes more civlized as you go, the endless trees give way to side roads and occaisional gates, and the main track becomes gravel then merges with honest blacktop asphalt.  As you come down off the last mountain you see a broad plain stretching below.  The tiny nexus of humanity below is a welcome sight,   Welcome back to the world, chummers.  As you close with Yakima, the strongest transmitters start to reach electronic fingers toward your tecnomancer friend.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #400 on: <02-18-13/1531:06> »
"D'ya just not grep how the whole 'team' thing works, mate?  You don't get to set the rules on your own or just do whatever the fuck you want, because your actions effect us all.  And it's startling to look like you're outvoted."

Fionn felt the gentle hum of information in the back of his mind again, as welcome as air to a drowning man.  His eyes went a bit wise, and a smile crept up towards his eyes.  He had to fight the urge to just dive into full VR the moment he felt the connection, seeing the wisdom of taking it a bit slower.  "Oh, thank the spirits, a bloody signal at last."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #401 on: <02-18-13/1640:49> »
O'Connor sighed, "I already said I'd leave some alive for information. What more do you fuckin' want, Red?" He started grinding his teeth, Dammit, how many more hours am I gonna be stuck in a car with this dipshit? I could really, really, really use some Zen right about now, to pass the time. Maybe I will end up killin' Red, if only to put him out of my misery.

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #402 on: <02-18-13/1743:46> »
"You found a signal, Red? Good! Now point us in the direction where we need to go next" says Clementine to Fionn. She was somewhat relieved to be back to civilization. She really wanted to take a long bath, and have a drink, and relax at home, and read a book. Ah! How she missed her books!

But before any of that, she had to find her stuff, find out who had hired this team and finish this job. Knowing herself, there were credits at the end of this journey. Much needed credits.

Clem drove towards town, careful to respect traffic laws, speed limits and all. She didn't want to raise any unnecessary suspicion.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #403 on: <02-18-13/1845:03> »
Finally, Sam had had enough of the bickering. He turned to Johnny and said, "Hey, calm down. Different people have different standards. You found it odd that I didn't appreciate being out in the green frackin' wilderness, but we didn't fight about it, right? We're all in the same messed-up situation here, and we all want to get back at the guys who did it to us. Just, not everyone is a warrior. Honor that and be done."

Turning to Fionn, Sam switched to Sperethiel. "Hey, it's great to have morals and all--and I definitely hear you about jobs which don't leave a string of obvious murder victims being harder to trace back to the Runner. But there's always time for compromise. Did you mind that the barghest died yesterday, rather than ripping our throats out? I sure didn't. Unexpected situations always seem to come up, and if you're unwilling to accept even the possibility that something--or somebody--might need to die in order for you to keep on living, well, sorry, but that's life.
« Last Edit: <02-19-13/1552:54> by Thvor »
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #404 on: <02-18-13/2215:02> »
Fionn turned to reply to Sam, pointedly doing so in English.  "I do believe I covered that well enough already, mate.  And when we're all trying to clear the air and get onto the same feed, seems clear we should all be using a properly common tongue.  Tensions are running high enough without everyone having little side conversations that noone else can understand."

Fionn put his hand up for a pause for a moment while he searched out a road map of the area and began figuring their position to get an idea of the right way to go, and checked on the date and time.  "Looks to be Tuesday, seems I lost about two thirds of a day.  Give me a minute on direction, with this little signal it'll take a bit of time to triangulate a position.

"As for you, O'Connor, you didn't say you'd leave them alive.  You said you'd just delay murdering a few.  So what I fucking want is for you to actually say you'll practice some restraint and not kill when you've got another option - if you won't do it for any other reason, at least consider that we don't need that kind of heat.  End of the day, though, some folk talk, others do; might be you want to pay some mind to which category you want to fall into."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Register