NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #375 on: <02-16-13/1304:51> »
Johnny re-situated himself in the back end of the vehicle. "I know Kung Fu and I'm a great dancer." He tried to find a semi comfortable position in the cramped space "But besides that I used to be a stuntman for trids."
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #376 on: <02-16-13/1337:15> »
"My ability to do my job relies, in no small part, on information.  You can't set up decent overwatch if you don't know where the threat is likely to come from.  Security holes come from places you'd never expect.  Given that the alternative could easily get us all killed, well...  I don't bloody well think I'm being unreasonable.  And that's not even mentioning the fact that such minimal information is going to make finding out what's happened to us that much harder.  I need to be able to look at the movement of enemies, find correlations, and a whole hell of a lot more that simply can't be done blind.  If I have to burn my time building a profile first, that is going to cost us.".  Fionn was entirely matter of fact about this, forcing himself to hold back the anger that had, in no small part, driven his earlier tone.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #377 on: <02-16-13/1423:01> »
Johnny sighed "And we were wondering how we ended up in this situation to begin with." Johnny sat up "The old man had a point, if we don't try to get along then we might as well go our separate ways when we make it back to Seattle. We don't trust each other and some of us don't even like each other but we're stuck so we need to get over it." He looked at O'Conner "O'Conner we don't see eye to eye but that doesn't give me the right to make judgements about you. I said something stupid and I'm sorry. We don't have to like each other but if you all want the frackers who did this we are all gonna have to get over our egos and distrust."
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #378 on: <02-16-13/1451:11> »
O'Connor waved away Johnny's apology, "Whatever man. Long as you ain't a high-and-mighty prick, we don't got beef. As for me, I'll try to contain my awesomeness."
« Last Edit: <02-16-13/2018:43> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #379 on: <02-16-13/1943:57> »
Folded in the middle of the SUV, Sam let the voices flow around him, not really listening to the conversations. Ah, that's better, he thought to himself. It was the same group he'd been with the previous day, but they were all in a small environment, not focused on running, and the vitality of their emotions showed in their voices, filling a need that the coffee had only served to accentuate.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #380 on: <02-17-13/1914:27> »
"Simple to say 'get along', but 'how' seems to be the point we haven't hit. We could use a compromise before we reach an understanding ... not blind-siding the group with baggage or enemies, and metaphorically washing your own bowl come to mind."

Wouldn't hurt any to take that last one literally, too, Ikari thought to himself.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #381 on: <02-17-13/1944:09> »
"I think playing to our strengths would be better for group dynamics, personally" said Clementine. "For example, if you're good with the Matrix, then take care of Matrix tasks for the group, while someone good with mojo will take care of the mystical stuff. Or if someone cooks breakfast for you, washing their bowls. Metaphorically." Clementine was a little surprised she had to explain that one to a Japanese of all people.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #382 on: <02-17-13/2010:59> »
"At the same time, though, we should pay some consideration everyone does or does not have; for instance, obviously the Matrix is my domain.  But I've also studied a good deal on the awakened world.  And I know precious little of battle tactics."  Fionn paused for a second to consider his phrasing.  "It would be best that we defer to the judgement of the expert in a given field, though at the same time others with some knowledge of the area might have some contribution to make.".  He stopped for a second, to consider whether or not his next point needed to be made.  Given the walking bruise's attitude, I should probably mention this - hopefully the others aren't too offended by it.

"We would be wise, as well, to set some boundaries.  For example, and I bring this up only because I know others in our line of work have different notions on this particular line, I do not kill.  I do not take any work where people will be killed in process of its completion or as a consequence.  I very much prefer if the people I work with aim to minimize such 'collateral damage',"   The cavalier way that some people referred to people who died just because they got in the way came out like a curse.  "And if we're going to function as a team, well..."  He couldn't quite find the words to finish his point, causing him to trail off and leave it just hanging in the air.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #383 on: <02-17-13/2058:27> »
O'Connor laughed at Red's pacifistic notions, "Then I guess you're never gonna get any work in the Shadows, Red. The world of crime ain't the place for pussies that can't handle a little bloodshed. And what do think our endgame here is? Just askin' the assholes who did this to us for an apology? I plan on sending a lot of bullets down range at 'em and anyone else standing between me an' them."
« Last Edit: <02-17-13/2111:43> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #384 on: <02-17-13/2128:05> »
Taking another softened bean out of a small pack he had split from the food stocks last night, Ikari replied, "Clem, there will never be a point where I want you to cook breakfast for me."

Half amused by her apparent inability to grasp her kawaru status, he simply ignored the rest of Clem's reply.

"Non-lethal makes for a good ideal. As do the boundaries mentioned. I won't promise to never kill anyone, but it won't be the first choice."

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #385 on: <02-17-13/2206:24> »
Clementine rolled her eyes in disbelief. "Better to let this go, this guy clearly has no concept of teamwork" she thought to herself. Right about that time she took a left at the dirt road, indicating they were on the right track to Yakima.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #386 on: <02-17-13/2245:55> »
"Imagine you wouldn't know this, O'Connor, but it's been my experience that there's plenty of work for those who know the meaning of restraint.  When they want deniability, there's nothing better than when noone can say for sure anything even happened.  Way I hear it, you get a rep for being a thug, that's all you'll ever be hired to be - strikes me as a good way to get dead.

"And if I've been able to get work just fine with my rules being what they are, might be its your notion of the shadows that doesn't fit."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #387 on: <02-17-13/2316:20> »
O'Connor shook his head at Red, "You said you don't take work if people have to die during a job, or will die because of a job. You actually think there's any work in the shadows that doesn't involved someone dying at some point? People get killed gathering the info Johnsons' use to set up runs, runners gotta kill a bunch of people to get the job done, and the corp that gets hit "retires" their security chief when the dust settles. No matter how ya look at it, any run ends with people dead. As for me and my rep, I am a thug, its all I ever was and all I'll ever be. And as for dying, I don't fear the Reaper. Long as the fight is a good one and my opponent is a better killer, I'll be happy. Though there are a bunch of people I plan on killing before I get offed myself."
« Last Edit: <02-17-13/2322:59> by Necrogigas »

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #388 on: <02-17-13/2335:39> »
"That happens to be a load of bollocks.  And I may not be able to predict every consequence, but I sure as hell keep control of the ones I can.  And any runner worth the name doesn't have to kill a bunch of people to get the job done.  That's the province of dumbass gangers who want to pretend their runners.  I might be new to the shadows, but they've been a part of my life whether I wanted them to be or not since I was nine.  Wager I've got a better idea of how the game works than you do."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #389 on: <02-17-13/2359:44> »
"For someone that has known the game since they were nine, you're pretty mouthy in front of a man who just said he has no problems killing people to get where he needs to go, Red" observed Clementine.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Register