NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1350 on: <09-16-13/0446:28> »
Happy with the result, Clem let O'Connor go. She then addressed Fionn "Don't even think about tracking us, Red."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1351 on: <09-16-13/0452:04> »
"Not sure I could if I wanted to, so long as you're in range of our concealment."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #1352 on: <09-16-13/1427:10> »
Johnny barely kept himself from physically stopping O'Conner when he attacked Red because he felt a little betrayed by the possibility that the psycho could be right. His face was a hard line though as he looked between the three of them. -This is professional? He's no better then a wild animal and she's barely holding his leash. She better know what she was doing or I'll make sure he'll learn a lesson he would never forget. If Red wasn't watching them before now he better damn well do it after this....Red wasn't spying on them before right? He's smart enough to not get caught... right?- Johnny looked down at the floor of the van and sighed letting the tension he was holding onto fall out of him in that breath before he looked up and grinned. -Is my stuff even worth this? I have got to get away from these people soon.-
« Last Edit: <09-16-13/1429:07> by irisheathen »
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1353 on: <09-17-13/1336:07> »
"Just wake me when we're there," Sammy said, too tired to take more action at the moment.  All she wanted was to wake up in her bed and realising that it was only a bad dream.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1354 on: <09-18-13/1754:31> »
Once Clem and O'Connor got out of the van, Fionn slowly slid down the wall until he was slumped down on the floor, releasing a weighty sigh.  "So a psychopath is fixing to kill me for something I didn't even do...  Now my day is complete."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #1355 on: <09-18-13/1901:41> »
"So you really didn't do it?" Johnny sighed relieved. " I'm not saying I would've blamed you if you had. O'Conner is a loose cannon who could get us all killed if we don't watch him. He's just lucky Clem stopped him when she did otherwise..." Johnny's smile widened and became more genuine. "Lets just say I like you a lot more then I like him. I got your back Red, especially if it means I get to punch O'Conner in the jaw." Johnny lightly sapped Fionn on the shoulder before relaxing back into his seat.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1356 on: <09-18-13/1914:13> »
"I promise you I did nothing of the kind." Fionn considered something for a second, before continuing.  "I'd rather it didn't come to blows or anything, but I appreciate the support all the same."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1357 on: <09-19-13/0313:07> »
O'Connor gave the van one final glare before taking off into the night. He mentally plotted a route that might be, somewhat, kinda safe. He called to Clem, "We''ll probably end up usin' all our ammo gettin' there. I've got twelve rounds left for the rifle. How much you got for the revolver?" He kept a eye out for threats, mainly ghouls, they'd hear any gangers well before they were spotted.

[spoiler=Knowledge: Redmond Barrens Area]
Redmond Barrens Area 4 + Intuition 3 - CM 2 = Pool 5
5d6.hits(5) → [2,4,2,1,5] = (1)

Edge to reroll misses
4d6.hits(5) → [1,5,5,1] = (2)

Total of 3 hits
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Perception]
Perception 3 + Visual 2 + Intuition 3 - CM 2 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5) → [6,2,2,1,1,5] = (2)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-19-13/0321:12> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1358 on: <09-19-13/0355:29> »
Clem looks at the gun, but she already knew she had 4 bullets left. "Four, omae, only four" she answers as she tucks the gun away. She follows O'Connor, keeping an eye open for any sort of threat or oddities there might be.

While walking with O'Connor, she took the opportunity to talk to him a bit. "Listen, I'm not good with people and I know it, but I also know neither are you. If you plan on staying in the game longer, you need to control your temper. Yes, the kid was spying on us, but there's nothing we can do right now to fix it. You need to work on your timing. If you act like a chimpira, the others won't hesitate to leave you behind, or worse. Did you see what the Chinaman can do with his fists? Were you not there when he exploded that wolf's head in the field?"

[spoiler]Perception 3 + Intuition 4 + Perceptive 2 + Actively looking 3 (12d6.hits(5)=3) no glitches[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-19-13/0402:56> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1359 on: <09-19-13/0506:39> »
O'Connor sighed, "I get it, okay? I did try to split away from Red without all that goin' down, but he...well I guess I don't have to retell it." O'Connor turned and smirked at Clem, "Does the big, bad chink scare ya? Johnny's a meathead that can only use his fists. If it comes to it, I'll take 'im down before he can even get near me. Hell, even if he gets close enough he won't be able to land any punches."

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1360 on: <09-19-13/0750:57> »
"Maybe with your gear, but right now we're naked. And by the looks of it you're still hurting, chummer" answers Clem. She takes a moment to let that sink in and before O'Connor answers, she says "Again, you need to pick your battles. "He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious" it's been said."
« Last Edit: <09-19-13/0757:50> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1361 on: <09-19-13/1213:51> »
This part of the Redmond Barrens is exactly the image people think of when the wasteland is mentioned in casual conversation.  The few folks you see on the streets have the desperate and hungry look to them that marks both predator and prey.  There are forms shambling about that make easy identification of even general metahumanity unlikely. In the early light of the new day, everything seems washed of any color or vitality.

O'Connor knows these streets well, and he knows the way to travel them.  Head on swivel, but never meeting the eyes of anyone unless it is to challenge, voice low, almost subvocal, weapon in plain sight.  He is a product of this environment, he would even be the pride of these streets if they gave the product of a devil rat's hindquarters.

He reaches the building that Darrel lives in, and just before he uncovers the secreted touchpad at the back door, he checks his surrounding one final time.  Clem sees him visibly stiffen, but misses the thing that catches his eye- the icy blue images of clenched hands on the jackets of three men stumbling away from them, several blocks away.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1362 on: <09-19-13/1943:46> »
[spoiler=Composure (3) Test]
Wil 3 + Cha 2 - CM 2 = Pool 3
3d6.hits(5) → [3,1,2] = (0)
[/spoiler]

A peculiar expression spread across O'Connor's face. His eyes filled with fury, yet a manic smirk formed as well. O'Connor unlocked the door, "Darrell said he left the guns in a box on the counter. Lock the door behind you, I'll be back in a minute." He headed after the three Azure Fists,a predator closing in on his prey, *Finally some stress relief. No Johnny to steal the kill, and no Red to interfere. Just me, the rifle, and three soon-to-be corpses.* After closing the distance to a few blocks, O'Connor took a knee, lined up a shot on the guy in the center, and fired.

[spoiler=Initiative]
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM 2 = Pool 9
9d6.hits(5) → [2,3,5,6,4,2,5,2,2] = (3)
Initiative Score: 12
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Longarms]
Longarms 4 + Agility 5 + Take Aim 2 - CM 2 = Pool 9
9d6.hits(5) → [6,2,6,3,5,2,6,5,5] = (6)
[/spoiler]

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1363 on: <09-20-13/0011:54> »
"Where the hell are you going?" asks Clem before going into the shop. She tries to spot the box in question, but also looks around for anything interesting there might be, especially weapons and ammunition.

[spoiler]Perception 3 + Intuition 4 + Perceptive 2 + Actively Looking 3 (12d6.hits(5)=2) no glitches[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-20-13/0245:54> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1364 on: <09-20-13/0243:58> »
Clem gets into the shop and looks for bullets for the Warhawk. She grabs a box of Ex-Ex for it and looks around for another weapon, spotting a SPAS. As the Ork takes the shotgun and puts it in the box with the other guns, she hears what is unmistakably a hunting rifle going off not far from her position. "What now?" she thinks to herself before grabbing a few boxes of shells for the shotgun, taking the weapon out of the box and loading it. As soon as she's finished, she runs outside, shotgun in hand, ready for any threat there might be.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix