NEWS

Pain and Gain [OOC]

• 616 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #210 on: <12-22-15/0113:16> »
Well, from my side, there will be a hiatus - both IP and OP
March 2016 will be the earliest, I'll start a new story.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #211 on: <12-22-15/0500:52> »
Well, from my side, there will be a hiatus - both IP and OP
March 2016 will be the earliest, I'll start a new story.

Oh that's a bummer.
I really enjoy your GMing and this particular group.

When (And if) you return please e-mail me : forfingon@msn.com

PS:Can you spread some karma our way before you go?

@Volker

I'm willing to continue as long as there is a group and Jack.I really enjoy playing with you guys :)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #212 on: <12-22-15/0545:34> »
Don't worry, I'll not abandon the forum. But I need a bit of a breather before the next big run. (Stay tuned for "Panzerknacker")

If you are interested, I could run a little side quest in regard to Slobbertooth's killer hunt in the meantime.

Since there will be a pause I'll up the karma reward considerable.

You all receive:
20 karma
400.000 NY in goods and favors for the whole team (I assume you are ok that Krestov gets the lions share with his expensive bioware)
Contact: Scary Spice (Fence/Smuggler incl. cyber/bio ware) L4 /C5

Krestov may gain:
Contact: Detective Sanchez (KE Officer, incl. murder & organized crime : L1 / C 3
talk think matrix

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #213 on: <12-22-15/0628:36> »
I'll gladly help Slobbertooth if he decides to look for the killers.

I guess this means we also got the gear we wanted after Deep Black Sea?

I'll probably spend my Karma for a qi focus tatoo or a second initiation grade...I guess I have some time to decide.
« Last Edit: <12-22-15/0631:51> by Sabato Kuroi »

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #214 on: <12-22-15/0752:56> »
I'm obviously up for hunting for the killers, and would like to continue playing with you folks. It's been fun. Ya'll split up the 400k however you want, I made my choice to get information rather than gear this time. We still have plenty of other stuff.

I'll probably spend Karma on
 - specialization automatics (assault rifle) and automatics 7 (21)
 OR
 - If the GM would allow it, I would like to take an Adept Way: Warrior, and get discounts on powers Improved Ability, Combat Sense, and either motion sense or rapid draw.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #215 on: <12-22-15/0814:59> »
Sure, knock yourself out ;D

But I really, really, really recommend that one of you gets Adept Assensing and spends at least one skill point on assensing.
A ki-focus tattoo is cheap and very affordable karma-wise. It's the bare minimum to avoid hostile spirits from the Astral.
talk think matrix

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #216 on: <12-22-15/0829:42> »
In my defense after Deep Black Sea  I was between the masking metamagic and a Qi Focus tattoo with the Astral Perception power and you convinced me to take the Masking metamagic :P

We may have to buy some deepweed ...?

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #217 on: <12-22-15/0841:37> »
I'll need to look into it. I've never really had the firmest grasp on the game's magic system, or more properly I've never been great at estimating the karma prices for the stuff. Makes it hard to plan a character. Also just remembered that I'll probably need to spend some karma on the equivalent to handle animal skill (for the new team member),  and on the heavy weapons skill (for that new grenade launcher), so I'll need to see what I can do with "only" 21 Karma.

Oh, and about that dog. Male or female and has it been snipped? If it's Male, I'm naming it William, and if it's female I'm naming it Zelda.

I'll make a giant list of things we should fence to get some extra cashflow. I think we still have an Ruhrmetal HMG sitting around.
« Last Edit: <12-22-15/0856:31> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #218 on: <12-22-15/0850:45> »
I just made some calculations.

I got 21 karma

I wanted a 2nd Initiation grade(16 karma) and a qi focus tattoo with improved ability sneaking 2 (  6 karma - discount from the invisible way) .....got to find 1 more karma, so SquirrelDude  let's get started with that manhunt shall we?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #219 on: <12-22-15/0906:29> »
It's a nice, healthy three year old bitch, neutered, and with an earchip that proclaims her name to be Li.

@Sabato
Yeah, but in this story you missed a lot of details that assensing would have revealed easily. (Most important the nature of your Johnson)
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #220 on: <12-22-15/1006:54> »
A complete list of everything we have that needs to be fenced or have karma devoted to being proficient with them, pricing when available (Away from books).

Weapons
2 AA-16 Shotgun (2/external smartlink, personalized grip, gas vent III, foregrip, ammo skip)- 3000¥ each
Either HK Urban Combat - 2300¥   OR   bnc's Ingram Smartgun X - 800¥
22 Ares Alpha clips - 110¥ Total
Ruhrmetal SF-20 HMG - 19,600¥
2 Experimental Laser Weapons (Ares Lancer MP Laster Rating 3) Detailed here - ??¥ << Need some GM adjudication here.
2 Ares Alpha Assault Rifles w/out Grenade Launcher - ??¥ << Need some GM adjudication here.
2 Colt TZ-120 SMGs - 660¥ each

Magic Equipment
Force 6 Sustaining Spell Foci (Healing) - 24,000¥
Force 6 Sustaining Spell Foci (Manipulation) - 24,000¥

Commlinks
Slob's Sony Emperor (Rating 2) - 700¥ : Might as well use the Rating 5 ones that the Triads left us
Krestovs Renraku Sensei (Rating 3) - 1000¥

Electronics
2 modified Glasses -3,150¥ each
2 Trodes - 70¥ each
2 Biomontors - 300¥ each

Clothing
2 "well used" Executive Suites - 2,000¥ each
The Hardened Mil-spec Armor from the first run that bnc repaired - ??¥ << Need some GM adjudication here.

Vehicles
Either GMG Bulldog Step Van - 35,000¥ : We should pick one or the other.
or
Black Rover 2072 - 68,000¥

Contacts gained:
Dr. Schmitt Con 6/Loy 3
Hank the Janitor Con 3/Loy 2
Marcy the Security Spider Con 2/Loy 1
Sunkid Con 7/Loy 3
Scary Spice Con 5/Loy 4

And yes, as far as I can tell, we still have those absurd laser weapons that none of us can actually use. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I figure we keep the weapon foci (knucks) and give them to Krestov for when he needs to punch ghosts, if they can even fit in his hands. If not, Torrent might want them. Slob already has magic fists.
« Last Edit: <12-22-15/1821:30> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #221 on: <12-22-15/1133:44> »
@Jack: can I get a confirmation on the rating and grade o synaptic boosters that were procured?  I could deduce myself I I had book access, but not sure ^^; thanks.

@all: I m fine with continuing at a later time.  March '16 is perfect as I will be finishing another term of school.   I'd gladly help Slobbertooth, if Krestov's pending vat job allows it.

As for anyone else continuing or retiring, it is up to them.  I respect all decisions as you all are cool people :)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #222 on: <12-22-15/1136:28> »
You really can take your pick regarding quality and level of your gear, as long as you stay within the mentioned price range.
Scary calculated with Alpha Grade Synaptic Boosters Rating 2, same for the control rig
talk think matrix

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #223 on: <12-22-15/1439:16> »
That is fair, and I can look when I get home if I wish for modifying that to anything else (doubtful.  Initiative of 10+3d6 is pretty darn fast for a troll)

While I haven't heard arguments about "lions share", I can give assurance that this covers Krestov'vs needs for quite some time.  It is appreciated :)

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #224 on: <12-22-15/1954:17> »
This is the gear I wanted after Deep Black Sea

60.000  ¥

I'm going to spend a good chunk  of these for a new Chameleon Suit and a Ballistic Mask because I want to look like this :

-Chameleon Suit + Ynt Softweave (total Capacity 13) + Ruthenium Polymer Coating (Rating 4)
with Fire resistance 3 , Nonconductivity 3, Thermal Damping 3, Quick Draw Holster = 26,575  ¥ , Availiability 14R
(assuming I can find Ruthenium Polymer Coating: Availiability 16F)

-Ballistic Mask  with Smartlink,Image Link, Vision Magnification, Thermographic Vision,Commlink(bought separately *),Trodes,Micro Transeiver (I wanted more things but availiability skyrockets if I put YNT Softweave and vision enhancements) :  Availiability 18R, cost  3.025 ¥

-*Commlink : Transys Avalon = 5.000  ¥

-Executive suit + YNT Sofltweave  with Thermal Damping 2, Concealed Holster  :5.150 ¥ ,Availiability 16

Total Cost 39,.750 ¥
I'll spend some for rent and some more for Ammo.

I guess I could use some more Nuyen for a thing or two (for example a qi focus) but I've saved  most of my share  from our previous mission so I'm sure I can manage if I decide to do some extra shopping