NEWS

Deep Black Sea [5e OOC]

• 485 Replies

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #465 on: <06-15-15/0956:45> »
I agree that Masking might be the most useful for your character, though I don't think deepweed should be a long-time solution.

by the way, I reread deepweed. If I didn't miss anything, it only forces Awakened characters to astrally perceive...

By the way, team, I haven't yet found any good ways to spend either Karma or Nuyen. Basically I'm saving Nuyen to buy a control rig and karma to improve Intuition. Does anyone have any ideas for smaller acquirements? I'm all ears
So we have these heavy weapons that no can use reliably.

Maybe, while waiting to get a control rig, get a drone that could actually use them?

Also, @Jack: I had some questions in my shopping list post that I would like to have answered before we go too much further forward.

Addendum #2: I might also switch from 1 power point to masking. Not sure yet.
« Last Edit: <06-15-15/1113:04> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #466 on: <06-15-15/1520:56> »
Questions
 - What attachment locations presented in Run n Gun (side, stock, etc. ) are available to SMGs?
 - How much extra am I going to need to pay in order for Kazuya (Conn 3 Loyalty 4 fixer) to get the Yamaha Raiden? It will only have 2 more dice than a rating 12 item, so I figured in my calculations that he would need to be able to buy 1 more hit (4 dice)  to guarantee a success, which would be a 100% (25%/dice) increase in price on the Raiden.
 - Question about Full Body Armor: Were the rules int he core rulebook replaced by the rules for Corp Sec and Mil-Spec armor in Run & Gun

-SMGs have all locations since they share a size category with carbine versions of assault rifles.
-Since I'll incorporate that purchase in the opening of the new story, you won't have to pay extra money... 8)
-No, Full Body Armor is still a very distinct concept to those two armors. For one thing FBA can be sealed but is not hardened armor. As a trade off it has no gear access to decrease weapon draw to a free action.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #467 on: <06-15-15/1604:34> »
@Squirreldude:   dude....you're my hero XD. I can't confirm availabilities, but if that could be pulled off, it'd be perfect.  Jack, my wishlist for FBA can be replaced by the Sleeping Tiger/Business Longcoat combo :3

I'll refine my list tonight when I can look at everything.   ...do we want someone with heavy weapons as a skill?...I can go as high as 2 with what karma I have left...

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #468 on: <06-15-15/1839:34> »
@SquirellDude

While Masking is really useful it is far more important for infiltrator/sneaky characters Imho.

@GM

Can we buy positive qualities? (Cost : karma X2 ?)
I'd like to buy agile defender down the road...

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #469 on: <06-15-15/1849:27> »
-Since I'll incorporate that purchase in the opening of the new story, you won't have to pay extra money... 8)
I'm guessing that will be the same as with the Full Body Armor I put in a request for. I'll take the extra cash I put aside for those palm greasing payments and put those somewhere else more useful.

I'm greedy, sue me.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #470 on: <06-15-15/2159:07> »
Alright, did my numbers and checking.  ...I think Krestov is a saver..I added a couple things, so please ping me if I can't get it before the next run. here is what I got...

[Spoiler]Current ammo/Supplies
For the Crusader, 9 rounds of regular ammo were spent, which will be replenished (18¥).  Total 240
40 rounds of gel spent, not replenishing.  Total 240
80 rounds of APDS untouched.

40 taser darts for the Pulsar, untouched

For the Alpha:
84 rounds regular, buying 3 clips and bullets (total 267¥)
84 gel
84 fletchette
84 Ex-Ex

1 trauma patch spent, replenishing with two more, total 4 (1,000¥)[/spoiler]

Karma Spending
5 Karma toward learning Taekwondo technique Counter strike
A small network of traditional Taekwondo schools still exists in the Seattle area (true story irl, I'm part of it). one of those would be more than happy to accept a 1st Dan black belt for a couple weeks of training, troll or no.

Cash Spending. (Funds pre-spending 60,035¥)
3,250¥ towards rent for the month
1,500¥ for martial art training
2,700¥ for chameleons suit (thermal damp 4)
285¥ for aforementioned ammo
12,000¥ for a HD Scorpion (trading in Yamaha Growler, can't remember what sell price would be)
2,500¥ for a deltaware datajack (Avail 10)

Remaining nuyen: 36,800¥

Immediate wishlist

Sleeping Tiger attire (visual...I dunno): 13,500¥, avail 8
- wanting to throw on chem resist 5 and nonconductivity 5 for Total of 2,500¥ more
Business Loncoat: 2,300¥, avail 10
- throwing on fire resist 4 and shock frills for  1,250¥ more
(Note on mods: not a requirement, and not strict.  Troll ain't picky)

Synaptic booster...rating 1 is nice, rating 2 is awesome(realistic goal), rating 3 is "troll will submit body As plaything".

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #471 on: <06-16-15/0235:20> »
Don't worry, those wishes above availability 12 will be addressed IP in your shiny new IP Thread "Pain and Gain" ;)
talk think matrix

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #472 on: <06-17-15/0624:33> »
60.000  ¥

I'm going to spend a good chunk  of these for a new Chameleon Suit and a Ballistic Mask because I want to look like this :

-Chameleon Suit + Ynt Softweave (total Capacity 13) + Ruthenium Polymer Coating (Rating 4)
with Fire resistance 3 , Nonconductivity 3, Thermal Damping 3, Quick Draw Holster = 26,575  ¥ , Availiability 14R
(assuming I can find Ruthenium Polymer Coating: Availiability 16F)

-Ballistic Mask  with Smartlink,Image Link, Vision Magnification, Thermographic Vision,Commlink(bought separately *),Trodes,Micro Transeiver (I wanted more things but availiability skyrockets if I put YNT Softweave and vision enhancements) :  Availiability 18R, cost  3.025 ¥

-*Commlink : Transys Avalon = 5.000  ¥

-Executive suit + YNT Sofltweave  with Thermal Damping 2, Concealed Holster  :5.150 ¥ ,Availiability 16

Total Cost 39,.750 ¥
I'll spend some for rent and some more for Ammo.
« Last Edit: <06-17-15/0626:19> by Sabato Kuroi »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #473 on: <06-17-15/1712:16> »
@Jack: Is it possible to remote control the heavy armor? Which skill would I need to control it?
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #474 on: <06-17-15/1748:23> »
Nope,

the heavy armor has no gyroscope or other hardware necessary for a walker drone.

Beside: I thought you removed the actuators?
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #475 on: <06-17-15/1908:59> »
Figured out what I was going to do with that extra cash from not needing to pay double. I put it into the Full Body armor and helmet, making them both Softweave. I'm only filling out the space on the helmet for now. I'm going to leave the armor's 7 spare slots open for later.

I posted the changes to the wishlist at the bottom of the character sheet on in the Pain & Gain OOC thread, and made the appropriate changes to the Nuyen totals.

Also, Volker/Sabuto, are ya'll going to post character sheets in the Pain & Gain OOC thread because I don't want to have a bunch of game discussion breaking up the character sheets because I'm weird like that.
« Last Edit: <06-17-15/1914:15> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #476 on: <06-17-15/2213:14> »
Also, Volker/Sabuto, are ya'll going to post character sheets in the Pain & Gain OOC thread because I don't want to have a bunch of game discussion breaking up the character sheets because I'm weird like that.

Not weird.  Courteous :)

@Sabato:  I will do everything in my power NOT to call Torrent Zer0 if you start that look XD

@Volker's queries about stuff to get: haven't looked at Data Trails yet, but i've been hearing decent stuff in the decking realm (decent read: mixed opinions), might be worth checking.  Otherwise, considered a 'runnin' outfit made with Fresnel fabric?  From what i read, it's a little clunky to use, but works well with compensating Noise?  I dunno, you know how relatively derpy I am with decking stuff :) just a thought.

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #477 on: <06-17-15/2336:16> »
Yeah, I'd recommend something made out of Fresnel, like Boomcloud suggested. In terms of cheaper stuff that a decker should be good with and/or want

- Bug scanners. Jammers, and other communication interference equipment.
 - Agents and other software to do your dirty work on the Matrix for you
 - Headphones and Goggles to improve perception and style
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #478 on: <06-18-15/0454:45> »
@Squirell
As soon as our GM confirms which of the things I ordered can be found, I'll update my character.
I'll go and reserve a spot for a post

@Sgt
:D

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #479 on: <06-18-15/0607:33> »
Yeah, about that: Getting your stuff is the aim of this little operation. You can write it up with a little tag *available soon*  ;D
talk think matrix