NEWS

Pain and Gain [IC]

• 504 Replies

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #45 on: <06-24-15/2132:45> »
Krestov's poker face seemed to be on point today as he nodded slowly to Sunkid, eventually giving a reassuring smile to the ork as he had the van pull over after a couple more minutes, opening the door.  "Very good then.  Sunkid know how reach us and other way around.  Will hear from us again."  He nodded his head to the older tusker as he departed, waiting until the door was shut and they were well on the move again before speaking up.

"Krestov friend find Scary Spice.  Geeked at harbor docks night before.  KE recover, Krestov have name of officer on case.  If drop me off when get to docks, can follow lead on own...thinking you three not want be near KE, da?"  The troll smirked dryly, straightening his back as best he can.

<<Officer O'Malley, thank you for info.  Next round Murphy's is on Krestov as promised>>

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <06-25-15/0407:11> »
Torrent raised an eyebrow at Krestov's suggestion.

"You really think I lack the confidence to plant myself among cops?Tsk tsk..."

[spoiler]If bnc informs the team about Scary Spice's hideout , Torrent will certainly suggest to assume the identity of  Scary Spice and visit Moma Chau's in case the man  had a stash there.[/spoiler]

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <06-25-15/0847:31> »
"Yeah. You'll be going to that party without a date, Krestov"

[spoiler]Slobbertooth would suggest to Torrent that the head of the hideout would probably be up on current events and would know that Scary Spice is dead[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <06-25-15/1711:12> »
<<@Team: I don't have any new friends in high places who can help here. I'll only be able to help with your basic footwork.>>

<<@Team> I don't have any friends at all.>

When Sunkid went off the van and Krestov shared the info the team, bnc is incredulous. "Why didn't you tell Johnson? I mean, we were to look for him und you knew he was deas? What's the point?"

After his response (which will surely be enlightening) bnc relaxes. "I wasn't idle in the meanwhile either. I raped his commlink and found the video call. With a little look-here-n-there I found the address of the place where Spicey Salsa or so called Sunkid. It's a stuffer shack to the west.
I also was able do dig out an... etablissment where Scary lived. We might find something there, too.
"Looks like we have some leads. And Scary had some lead..."

"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #49 on: <06-27-15/1857:08> »
Krestov raised a brow at Torrent's challenge, smirking ever so slightly.  "Your choice.  Options are options..."  On bnc's query, he glanced away a bit, his lips moving slightly as if he was doing his best to form his words to be the most clear.

"Death on news.  Possible he already knew.  If so, detail not important to Sunkid Johnson.  If not, bnc, you tell me.  How would ork like that react to owner of Sunkid stash murdered?  Like this, he won't try things his way and trust us to do job.  And that is it: his job giving us is to recover stash.  Job was not to recover partner.  Cold thought, da, but true thought."  His expression was grim, but he remained level as their hacker spilled her intel she picked up.

"Sound like we having two places starting.  Place of residence and KE Plaza.  I already say Krestov go plaza, maybe with Torrent.  Unless he want going with others to place Scary Spice stay?"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <06-28-15/0436:25> »
"I'd rather see Torrent go the his residence first. If KE gets aware of us, by whatever mistake, they might show up at the other place before we do."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <06-28-15/1643:14> »
"We've got two vehicles, we can go to two places at once, as long as someone doesn't mind riding tandem with me."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #52 on: <06-29-15/2023:23> »
"Three.  Mine is just in shop, heh"  With that cut in, Krestov could only give a nod at the advice.

"Plan set then.  Torrent go to abode with assumed Slobbertooth and maybe bnc.  Krestov go along only if requested, otherwise can be dropped off here and will wait to talk to KE until given light green, sounding good yeah?"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <06-30-15/0740:25> »
"Sounds like a plan. I guess that means we're taking the van."
« Last Edit: <06-30-15/0841:31> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #54 on: <06-30-15/0852:28> »
"We've got two vehicles, we can go to two places at once, as long as someone doesn't mind riding tandem with me."

"We can, Torrent, aka Slicey Spice, can't. But yeah, I guess that's a plan."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <07-01-15/0359:45> »
Murphy's Laws of Combat: 75. If enough data is collected, a board of inquiry can prove anything.

After the decision was made, the team split up.

Krestov made his way to the Knight Errant subsidiary. The customer entrance was a fortified gate system that clearly stated that all visitors had to leave weapons in a locker prior to entry. As soon as Krestov drew near, a nice looking, computer generated head of a caucasian looking women appeared on his AR:
"Good day to you citizen. How can Knight Errant - your primary security service provider - help you today?"

---

The brothel Moma Chau's didn't look like much: The walls were covered with graffiti, all windows had thick steel bars and wire mesh protection. A faded real life neon sign proclaimed "Girls Girls Girls" to the weary passersby.  In the matrix, the whole thing looked a lot more interesting: Despite having a severely outdated iconography, bnc realized, that the whole building had a level 6!!! host on the premise. Whoever entered here, could be very sure that his icons would not be visible from the rest of the matrix.

It was already 22.30h and a lot of foot traffic went to and from the building.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <07-02-15/1614:19> »
Slobbertooth walked up to the door, hiding his Ruger under his coat, and held the door open for Torrent .
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #57 on: <07-03-15/0320:35> »
bnc gives a sharple whistle as she takes a look at the host.
"They're serious, brothers. They don't want anyone to peek into their clients' business. Shall we first have a look with our meat eyes? And, who knows, maybe we find the opportunity to get a physical link, that might make it easier to dig out shit. I don't think it's wise to attack such a strong host at this point. A small mistake might cause alarm.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #58 on: <07-03-15/1116:45> »
Krestov was more than happy to comply with the no weapons policy the KE subdivision had in place, finding the mentioned locker and depositing his Ares Crusader, tagging it to his name before shutting the door.  Doubt things will go ugly, but I am still very much not defenseless.  As the troll approached, he could feel his chest tightening as he had to pause to catch his breath, eyes blinking twice at the ARO greeter.  The nationality changes, but the role is the same.  Morgan, no doubt.

Before responding, Krestov would take a moment to activate his direct neural interface, contacting the team's decker.

<<bnc, is Krestov.  Am at KE facility.  In case Krestov miss something, can have access to MARK what I see.  Work good, yes?>>

With that out of the way, he finally turned to Morgan.  "Request speaking Officer Sanchez, Office 322.  Regarding recent murder at docks.  Purpose: inquiry from acquaintance."  Without even thinking it, the troll stood up straight and brought his feet together, his right fist crossing onto the left side of his chest....a KE salute.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <07-06-15/0742:44> »
Knight Errant Subsidiary, 22:45h

It took the program a moment to parse the answer. For just a second a little icon flashed in the upper right corner of Krestov's vision. It was to fast to comprehend clearly, but it resembled a little bird.

"Detective Sanchez is on premise. Please move to the elevator and follow all AROs. Have a nice day and thank you for choosing Knight Errant."

Indeed several arrows appeared in Krestov's vision, guiding him toward an opening elevator. It created a narrow corridor and marked everything else as red territory with warning labels not to enter or risking severe responses.

It took the troll less than five minutes to navigate to a small office on the third floor. The ARO bade him to wait while one of the generic advertising spots of KE run as a sort of pseudo entertainment.
The light on the door handle turned green and Krestov was allowed to enter.

Sanchez was a small, but muscular man of Mexican descend. The man had cultivated a quite impressive mustache that went well with his receding yet still deeply black hairline.
He seemed to be surprised to see a troll enter his small office but nodded curtly:
"I understand you have information to that shooting on the docks? Please have a seat. Do you want some coffee or water?"
He indicated towards a small food processing unit in the corner.
"But first things first: Who are you and what is your relation to this situation?"

---

Moma Chau's, 22:50h

The inside of the brothel was a lot more tasteful than expected. The room was clean, the ventilation good and the walls were plastered with high quality reproductions of antique Chinese and Japanese art - mostly of the more explicit kind. A large troll with a very smart suit acted as a bodyguard for the elven hostess behind a podium. She wore a Kimono but otherwise did not resemble a geisha.
With a friendly smile she welcomed the new comers: "Welcome at Moma Chau's temple of earthly delights. My name is Delilah, how can I help you tonight."
« Last Edit: <07-29-15/0847:56> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Register