NEWS

[IC] Honest to god milk runs, Part 3- (Wreckanize Rale)

• 99 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #45 on: <04-06-15/2248:00> »
Viso tilts his head as he considers the Ork's plan. "Driving through at high speeds seems a little," he pauses for a moment, "suspicious, don't you think? I like the idea of gathering some intel before we go in, but perhaps something a little quieter? We don't want to spook the guards before we even hit the place."

He nods at the plan. It was simple, and probably would work. "3 guards shouldn't be too difficult to take down, and we are on a clock. Perhaps I can have a little chat with one of them when we enter, so that we can have him open the door for us? It will be simple enough to get rid of him if he refuses to cooperate." He glances at FP and Byte. "What do you think? I'm pretty sure I can convince him I'm there to try the merchandise, and that will get us in without having to break any doors or windows. Failing that, we can always go back to a smash and grab."

Nevyn

• Chummer
  • We are all ready to be savage in some cause
« Reply #46 on: <04-07-15/1036:09> »
Nah man, I looks like an Ork GoGanger, from Red Five or even 'Grub force'. I'll go past at 'normal' speed with a recording device da' way they're less likely to be suspicious. Be'er than going past slowly, rubber necking the join'.
speaking out loud
matrix actions/communication
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering

8-bit

« Reply #47 on: <04-07-15/1044:55> »
Nah man, I looks like an Ork GoGanger, from Red Five or even 'Grub force'. I'll go past at 'normal' speed with a recording device da' way they're less likely to be suspicious. Be'er than going past slowly, rubber necking the join'.

Viso thinks back to One67 explicitly wanting them to not disguise themselves as gang members. Still, this is only for reconnaissance; when we hit the house, we'll be undisguised. It's got to be a common occurrence, we should be fine.

Viso shrugs. "Sounds like a plan. Shall we get going? I don't think we can plan any more without some more information."

Byte

• Newb
  • Some say I'm crazy... I say I'm fun.
« Reply #48 on: <04-07-15/1244:04> »
Byte keeps quiet, his expertise being in the Matrix, not the meat. "Wired doors no prob. Might even pick physical locks. Byte glances in his small pack on his hip, R6 Auto Picker and R4 Maglock Passkey. Should suffice for garbage dealers. "B&E pick and pass... If guard doesn't have key(s). If all else, Ork can smash... Or we blow it.

Byte drifts back off into his own world, always listening.
"speaking out loud" (Red)
<<matrix actions/communication>> (Green)
thought (Blue)
astral (Maroon)
subvocal/whispering (Orange)
non-english (Brown)
Rambling

Nevyn

• Chummer
« Reply #49 on: <04-07-15/1835:53> »
Let's do it.
speaking out loud
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering

Byte

• Newb
« Reply #50 on: <04-09-15/1109:32> »
Byte grabs the com provided by One, "Lemme see..." Byte then finds an address and picture of the target, "Dunno if dated, but got pic, sec." Byte then closes his eyes, giving off the impression he's digging through his own com. Byte does a quick search for images near the target area and scans through until he's found 3 pictures he feels might give a better idea of the place.

"Dunno if enough, but got visuals." Byte sends the pictures to FP and Viso. "Could sneak east. Distract or hop fence. Backdoor faces west. Can hack-or-pick if no guard. It becomes obvious that Byte is used to sneaking around rather than fighting at this point, but he still attempts to offer direct ideas as well. "Or simple smash front, flank rear. If not full frontal."

After sharing his thoughts, Byte goes quiet again, his social discomfort beginning to show. Talked too much...
thought (Blue)
astral (Maroon)
non-english (Brown)
Rambling

Nevyn

• Chummer
« Reply #51 on: <04-09-15/2328:43> »
Eifer of you guys know d'is area? The locals ain't likely to be defensive are dey?

I ain' gonna drive frough, these little stree's are to narrow and dere's no chance we'll get frough unno'iced. I'm up for going in 2 handed, me as your
, he points to Viso, protection. But and if dey aren't set up for that kinda transaction then they are not going to be friendly and we'll have little warning of pandemonium. He separates all of the syllables. When that happens we have to act quick and all we have in reserve is little brother here, pointing to Byte.

Most importantly we need a good exit strategy: I got a place so if we can we get to Kings Road by zig zagging east til we reach it. Kick down Kings Road all the way to the River, swap to the 228, cross the bridge, get off on Atlantic Boulevard heading West. Back over the river on the Fuller Bridge, get off on 15 going south and then meet up at the Florida state college. My safe house is 5 minutes from there. We'll hole up there, see what we got, take what you want and sell the rest to the chummer, split the proceeds 3 ways. Byte, I'll give you the knowledge how to get in, in case we don't make it.

Sets up email to send from his comm with delay by 1 hour. PGP key for this encryption is "allUrBases", get it?
« Last Edit: <04-10-15/0015:02> by Nevyn »
speaking out loud
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering

Byte

• Newb
« Reply #52 on: <04-13-15/1424:29> »
Eifer of you guys know d'is area? The locals ain't likely to be defensive are dey?

"Still new. Dungetoutmuch." Byte is obviously busy in his own AR, as his speech is quickened and slanged.

When that happens we have to act quick and all we have in reserve is little brother here, pointing to Byte.

"Armed, but nogood. Byte then rambles to himself as he continues his little adventure. could cover fire? or flank. maybe point blank. harder miss. pistol, low dps."

Byte, I'll give you the knowledge how to get in, in case we don't make it.

Sets up email to send from his comm with delay by 1 hour. PGP key for this encryption is "allUrBases", get it?

Byte suddenly stops walking, pauses, then looks at FP. "No one dies. Perfect score. Byte gains a cocky smirk, sounding like he's talking about a Matrix Game. "Short term mem. bad. Tell me code after win, wiz? Byte then continues walking.

After some time, Byte starts to subtly laugh to himself, his adventure in the 'trix seeming to go well.
« Last Edit: <04-13-15/1426:01> by Byte »
thought (Blue)
astral (Maroon)
non-english (Brown)
Rambling

Nevyn

• Chummer
« Reply #53 on: <04-15-15/0940:23> »
[ooc]Assuming that we're at the place where Marcus left his bike.[/ooc]

Ok - we go over there, li'le bruvver, you drop off at 3rd and Engle and hike up to the back of this place and get a view on a back window. Viso and me'll ride up to the fron' door posing as buyers. I'll pu' my gun in sigh' but holsdered. Viso can you hide yours? We'll go in and then take out who we need to. I got my duffel bag so will carry wha' we can ou'.

Viso - if you think its going souff menshun the Naval yards at Maypor', like that's where we'll be selling or some how. I'll do de same.

Byte, I'll comms you the momen' shi' hits the fan. Then you take this flashbang,
he gives him one of the flashbangs, and throw it at the base of the outside, he looks at Byte, its got to go on the outside of the window. This should orient the bad guys at the window. Wait till its blown and then hoof it to the bikes and start them up.

We're going.
He mounts up and starts the engine.
speaking out loud
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #54 on: <04-20-15/1854:39> »
Viso hopped onto the back of the ork's bike.  A sissy bar made it easy for him to hold on without having to put his arms all the way around the ork's large frame.  Leaning back would keep them cool and mitigate any... discomfort.

"Alright then, all set, let's get going."
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Nevyn

• Chummer
« Reply #55 on: <04-21-15/1337:50> »
Marcus leads out. Heading to the point where Byte is going to drop off.
speaking out loud
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering

Byte

• Newb
« Reply #56 on: <04-21-15/1635:18> »
Byte arranges to be able to reach his destination. (Dunno if the Bike sits 3 or I got mine to go. Just gonna assume I got mine for now.)

Once at his destination, Byte continues to put the finishing touches on his backdoor. <<@FP, Viso [Byte] Yo, hacked home. Locks no prob.>>
thought (Blue)
astral (Maroon)
non-english (Brown)
Rambling

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #57 on: <05-06-15/1830:30> »
[Traphouse, Westside, Jacksonville, CAS. April 13th, 7:42am 2076]

Byte can't taste or smell anything anymore except for that damned swamp air. It's in his lungs, his hair, his clothes; it's covering him in a thin film it feels like. There's just so much damn vegetation back here and so many mosquitoes, his expedition around the back of the house has resulted in more than few bites, scratches, and various types of stickers. He comes around the rear of the crappy, paint flaking house and can almost imagine how it must have looked fifty years ago. At one point in time, this place was beautiful. It was somebody's dream come true. Today, there's a skinny gaunt featured human woman in a skimpy black dress getting ready to blow a human man in a synth leather jacket out behind it. She's on her knees, and he's just about to whip it out and get to business when Byte comes through the foliage around the corner, and into the backyard to join them.

"Aay! Git th'fuuk outta hahr, faggit! Th'seer aint no threeway, GIT!" Slurs the man in a heavy local dialect while angrily waving his hand at you, shooing you away.

---------------------------------------------------

FP is quickly noticing that, not only is he the only ork here, but he's the only non-human he can see. The hard-luck denizens of the ghetto look and some even stare at the large ork in the leather jacket and army fatigues, walking with his middle-class corper looking friend. Viso is rather pleased with the situation though. FP, looking like a bodyguard, only makes his ruse more effective. As the pair approach the house, it begins to look more and more bleak with every step. There's crap everywhere; broken bottles, plastic wrappers, empty poppers, even the occasional good old fashioned needles in the street, the yard, even up on the porch, you both notice as you approach the front door. There's two hungry looking humans, a male and a female with dirty clothes and gaunt features, one carrying a sleeping baby, shuffling about near the house, as well as a third up on the porch, talking to the two large armed men standing on either side of the open front door. They both wear bluejeans, white wifebeaters, and cowboy boots, but one of them has a green bandana tied around his head. They both have large pistols stuffed into the front waistbands of their pants.

[spoiler]FP and Byte, Gimme one roll each, either etiquette, Street drugs, sprawl life, or gangs. The further left the skill you roll, the fewer hits you'll need, As well as the rolls for whatever the hell else yall feel like. I spose Byte, go head and gimme whatever rolls you'd like to do as well.

Also, if anyone's packing any heat they're trying to hide, gimme one palming roll for each piece. People are scopin ya now, wiz?[/spoiler]

"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #58 on: <05-07-15/0210:39> »
Viso does his best to play the role of someone who's a little bit nervous, but acting like he's not nervous at all.  A guy from the richer part of town trying to fit in locally so he can score his drugs and get the hell out.  As he steps towards the porch, he tosses his chin up.

"Yo, chummers," he says, his smile a bit unsure.  "What it is?"

He stops when they turn towards him, his eyes dart pointedly to the guns in their waistband.  "s'cool, yo.  I jus' heard I could find a little fun in this neighborhood."  He brushes his thumb across his nose.  "N'aw mean?"

He looks back at F-P, as if to make sure the work is still there, then turns back to the men on the porch, reassured and smiling.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Nevyn

• Chummer
« Reply #59 on: <05-07-15/0959:44> »
Marcus, now in full FP mode, is looking around, acting like an intimidating body guard hired for the day. He is standing one step behind and on the side with the most threat of Viso. As Viso is talking, FP is looking left and right and checking out threats around them. If he sees anyone, other than the guards, looking at him he will smile briefly and then move on.

When the guards look at him he will move his jacket aside to show his gun.
speaking out loud
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering