Crossfire: A Virtual Run

• 204 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <07-17-14/1108:53> »
From www.shadowruntabletop.com:

Quote from: shadowruntabletop.com
The highly-anticipated cooperative deck-building game, Shadowrun: Crossfire, is currently on a ship heading towards US shores, our warehouse, and ultimately your gaming table in the near future.

In the meantime, we’ve got a Matrix job for the right runner. A runner like you!

We have hidden 15 PDFs across hobby news sites (some are relatively easy…some are gonna require serious skills to track down). Assembling those 15 PDFs will get you access to the 100+ cards, Character Cards and rules for the Shadowrun: Crossfire Demo Box. They’re all prepped and ready to print for those who are too anxious to try the game and do not want to wait any longer.

Now some of you may be tempted to go it alone…but like any good run, you may find a team effort is required to track down all the various urls…but unfortunately, at the end of the day, there can be only one….

Like any good Mr. Johnson, we’re not gonna send you into the shadows without a deal sweetner. Go to www.shadowruntabletop.com, log into the forums, and then take a look at the General Discussion section. There you’ll find a “Crossfire: A Virtual Run” thread. The first person to post a correct set of all 15 urls that allow the download of the 15 PDFs will win a Crossfire core box set. And not some time in the future. Ninety-nine percent of the shipment may be on a ship, but there’s one copy with a winner’s name on it right here and we’ll ship it straight to you. You’ll receive the game before anyone else!

And for those that don’t win … you’ll still have early access to a full demo version of the game you can be running until you can pick up the full game.

Watch your back, conserve ammo, and go out there to win that box!

This is the thread! Go out there, find the files, list them here, and the first person to post all 15 sites wins a Crossfire core box set! Get hunting and have fun!
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

khirareq

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #1 on: <07-17-14/1119:03> »
I don't know if this is a pdf, but it is a gameplay example:

http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/2014/01/crossfire-game-play-example/

Here are some character cards:

http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/2014/03/crossfire-character-cards/

There is actually quite a lot of stuff on the blog here.  Not sure if it counts!

liack

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-17-14/1121:18> »
I think they are meant as previews on other hobby site. An example of what to search for would be a nice touch.
Edit: Maybe down it to 14 pdf, the first shown as a preview of what to DataSearch on the Matrix

Mestopheles77

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <07-17-14/1132:12> »

steelynx

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <07-17-14/1145:28> »
How did you find that?

liack

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <07-17-14/1148:25> »

liack

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <07-17-14/1214:33> »

steelynx

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <07-17-14/1219:01> »
Wow! this won't be easy

liack

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <07-17-14/1227:30> »
Wow! this won't be easy
My guess, this was meant as one of the "hard ones".

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #9 on: <07-17-14/1231:08> »
How did you find that?
Really really quite sneaky: http://geekdad.com/2014/07/stack-overflow-search-pictures/
Hidden in the cover image of The Bear’s Sea Escape. That's nuts. This is going to be hard as hell.

grimjaws

• Chummer
SR1+ SR2 SR3 SR4++ SR5+++ h b++ B-- UB- IE- RN--- !W sa++ ma++ sh+++ ad+++ m+++ e- o++ t++ gm+ M- P-

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #11 on: <07-17-14/1253:58> »
Number 02/15 is here:
http://www.shadowrun.com/shadowrun-tabletop/2014/07/13/shadowrun-fifth-edition-one-year-anniversary/

Its the very small shadowrun logo at the end of the article.

Which links here. in case people have a hard time finding it.

I was kind of hoping this wouldn't be that tough. Like look for new articles, but nope. It looks like these pdfs can literally be anywhere.

Whatchamazog

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <07-17-14/1312:10> »
Ugh, we might need a plan.

So far we've got Geekdad and the Shadowrun.com

It looks like they were both published on July 13th, so it might be worthwhile to look for articles published on the 13th.

This looks really really hard.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <07-17-14/1314:08> »
Seriously, how are we actually supposed to figure that out?  I don't expect to win, but finding something would be fun.  Is there a trick to knowing what to click?
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Alkazar

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <07-17-14/1324:53> »
Keep an eye on the Shadowrun facebook page, geekdad publied an  article on the virtual run saying to be on the lookout for the shadowrun logo (the red snake)