NEWS

[OOC] TriSeq Runners, Private Military Campaign Adventure

• 548 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #135 on: <03-03-13/0950:09> »
I'm kind of running out of steam at this point. Omeed doesn't have any opinion on a land versus sea approach; sea would be better, if doable with the time alotted, but for the most part he's leaving it to the tech-inclined people. He wants to get boots on the ground and start assensing random squirrels.

I'll chime in IC if he has something useful to add to the discussion, though.

QFT :D I agree!

Also HydroRaven, I'm not entirely sure we'll find a petrol station out on the tundra, so I hope the planes carry enough fuel! ;)

Obviously no petrol stations out in the tundra, but if we have to carry extra fuel on board and stop for manual refueling, it could potentially compromise a speedy getaway/chase.

In any case, I'm probably overthinking this  :P
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #136 on: <03-03-13/0958:31> »
Sorry guys but i can not get my head around why we need teams?
we have a crash side to investigate - more precise find a black-box and see if the cargo is there, if not then looking if there are tracks that we can follow.

What is it exactly that you want to comb the forest/mountains for? why the whole discussion? any military unit would know that they are stronger in a group then in small groups, if we need to comb the forest then many individuals would make more sense, if we expect enemies, then spiting up is a very bad idea. the exception would be scouts, who are sneakier and might get more benefits on their own as in a group - as Thrass so beautifully explained.

Sorry if i make my Char a D**k in IC, but he has the same mindset as me, and i hope i explained his views correctly.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #137 on: <03-03-13/1023:01> »
well we dont have exact GPS of crashsite.
we have, As far as I understand and I may be wrong, coordinates of last transmission. Descend trajectory from this point may be kilometers long, so two teams would have better chance if we follow this trajectory from both sides, looking for actual crash site. Like searching in "extended order".
Also. being able to locate both mission goals at once, in case one team searches for crash site and other for SAM batery, may descrease our exposure to extreme environment and hazard of detection, since we can halve the time. Also allows us to disable SAM before our aircrafts came for pickup...
One more reason I can see is that we are 7 man/women + drones, warforms etc. That is far more than just shadowrun team on average, and with redundant specializations we are to be able to work if split with no risk, since 4 people in the SO team is more than enought IMO.

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #138 on: <03-03-13/1034:30> »
Sorry guys but i can not get my head around why we need teams?
we have a crash side to investigate - more precise find a black-box and see if the cargo is there, if not then looking if there are tracks that we can follow.

What is it exactly that you want to comb the forest/mountains for? why the whole discussion? any military unit would know that they are stronger in a group then in small groups, if we need to comb the forest then many individuals would make more sense, if we expect enemies, then spiting up is a very bad idea. the exception would be scouts, who are sneakier and might get more benefits on their own as in a group - as Thrass so beautifully explained.

Sorry if i make my Char a D**k in IC, but he has the same mindset as me, and i hope i explained his views correctly.

If we ever need to split up quickly it's only good to know who is on which team and not discuss while all hell breaks loose.
I and my character too are against splitting up, but if necessary better not discuss it when you need to do it.
It should be a yes or no decision once on the battlefield, not a let's discuss who goes in which team.
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #139 on: <03-03-13/2029:57> »
okay, you're all wrong my gender/sex is clearly stated in my tagline, more or less.

The operation time of the Tilt rotors is 27 hours, that's with their improved economy, 2 spare fuel tanks, and sun cel. So, they could in theory they could idol indefinitely, but the daylight hours are much much shorter and dimmer where you are, so the opperation time is probably closer to 18 hours.

The tail vehicle with the smaller sensor package and smaller weapon payload carries 4 Hussars.

I would recommend that your teams opperate close to eachother, as I don't believe the riggers should have any reason to leave their vehicles. With signature masking 6 and chameleon coating the vehicles should be able to sneak by just about any remote sensors, and even most people. You should be able to locate the crash from the comfort of your vehicles well enough and use them for insertions initially.

I have not put in their sensor packages as of yet, they got deleted by mistake.

and again I'm sorry I haven't been too available, some real life plans have kinda fallen through so I've been away from wifi among other things, good news is, my husband is finally feeling better.
I appreciate you all discussing your plans while I'm away though.
[spoiler]
Evo Orderly (Medium)
   +Electromagnetic Shielding Rating 6
   +Gecko Tips
   +Mechanical Arm
   +Mechanical Arm
   +SunCell
   +Walker Mode
   +Medium Drone Sensor
      +Camera, Trideo Rating 6 [T-Ray, Ultrasound, Vision Enhancement 3, Vision Magnification]
      +Ultrawideband Radar Rating 2
      +Radiation Rating 4
      +Radio Signal Scanner Rating 6
      +Directional Microphone
   +Medkit Rating 6
   +Tag Eraser
TR-73 (Transport Plane)
   +Additional Fuel Tank
   +Additional Fuel Tank
   +Amenities, Middle
   +Ammo Bins
   +Armor, Normal Rating 20
   +Chameleon Coating
   +ECM Rating 7
   +Extra Entry/Exit Points
   +Extreme Environment Mod
   +Improved Economy
   +Improved Sensor Array
   +Improved Takeoff and Landing Level 2
   +Interior Cameras
   +Lock-On Countermeasures
   +Manual Control Override, Drive-by-Wire
   +Passenger Protection Rating 5
   +Rigger Adaptation
   +Signature Masking Rating 6
   +Valkyrie Module
   +Weapon Mount (Normal, External, Fixed, Remote)
   +Weapon Mount (Normal, Internal, Flexible, Remote)
   +Weapon Mount (Reinforced, Concealed, Heavy Turret, Remote)
   +Extra-Large Vehicle Sensor
   +Rocket: Dagger Anti-Tank x20
   +Vehicle Missile: Saab-Saaker AIM-27 Sparrow Hawk Rating 4 x6
TR-73 (Transport Plane)
   +Additional Fuel Tank
   +Additional Fuel Tank
   +Armor, Normal Rating 20
   +Chameleon Coating
   +Drone Rack, Large
   +Drone Rack, Large
   +Drone Rack, Large
   +Drone Rack, Large
   +ECM Rating 7
   +Extra Entry/Exit Points
   +Extreme Environment Mod
   +Improved Economy
   +Improved Takeoff and Landing Level 2
   +Interior Cameras
   +Lock-On Countermeasures
   +Manual Control Override, Drive-by-Wire
   +Rigger Adaptation
   +Signature Masking Rating 6
   +Weapon Mount (Normal, Internal, Flexible, Remote)
   +Vehicle Sensor
Wuxing Hussar (Large)
   +Chameleon Coating
   +Extreme Environment Mod
   +Hovercraft Upgrade, Add-on
   +Retrans Unit
   +Signature Masking Rating 1
   +Weapon Mount (Reinforced, External, Turret, Remote)
   +Clearsight Rating 2
      +Copy Protection Rating 2
      +Registration
   +Covert Ops Rating 4
      +Copy Protection Rating 4
      +Registration
   +Defense Rating 4
      +Registration
   +Large Drone Sensor
   +Maneuver (Wuxing Hussar) Rating 4
      +Registration
   +Targeting (ITS Gonryu) Rating 4
      +Registration
[/spoiler]
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #140 on: <03-04-13/0354:02> »
@Aryeonos

You said that the small things we do not have to worry about like ammo and that sort of things.

What will be the game-play version of acquiring spec equipment for a certain mission? for example parachutes or some skill-soft? some weapon mods that are not included in the standard gear?

Also do we have some fly-spies, dragonfly drones for the mission?
RainDragonBar

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #141 on: <03-04-13/0506:25> »
I understand that imaging this verbal exchange as an hour long meeting is supposed to make participants look like idiots, isnt it? It takes you three minutes to read the whole thread. Now translate it to tempo of the speech and dni messages. In this manner, you are not insulting characters, but players, who are just trying to keep thread alive. On the other note: I know our characters are much better trained and capable of dealing with situation. I dont understand why you use this argument to eliminate roleplay. Since we can as well say this for every situation that happens ingame. In fact, you are right. Just tell me when roll is needed and what are dp modifications. And later, send me some karma. Since everything else we do here is far beyond my RL expertise, and as such I would just let Nina act as she considers appropriate.

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #142 on: <03-04-13/0631:34> »
I understand that imaging this verbal exchange as an hour long meeting is supposed to make participants look like idiots, isnt it? It takes you three minutes to read the whole thread. Now translate it to tempo of the speech and dni messages. In this manner, you are not insulting characters, but players, who are just trying to keep thread alive.

On the other note: I know our characters are much better trained and capable of dealing with situation. I dont understand why you use this argument to eliminate roleplay. Since we can as well say this for every situation that happens ingame. In fact, you are right. Just tell me when roll is needed and what are dp modifications. And later, send me some karma. Since everything else we do here is far beyond my RL expertise, and as such I would just let Nina act as she considers appropriate.

1)
We were handed briefing materials, that include maps, descriptions and other aims of the mission, flight plans ect
To have look at it takes time to discus it as well, and 1 houris a approximate time i feel like they had spent there, not speaking but there. of course it might be shorter or longer depending on who spoke and how much how thick the Briefing documentation was.
It is my assumption of the situation, and you have yours,sorry that my assumption lets you feel insulted.
will try not to RP my chars boredom so much in the future.
2)
Yes a Former UCAS officer, a loner, a silent type who dislikes chit-chat, see how much you have learned about my char in a few sentences.
I play my char and you play yours, part of this thread is held alive because we are disagreeing. Might i remind you that we will have our first real mission together and we might have lived trough training together, but that does not mean we work like a well oiled engine. and this put's it to the test and states it in the beginning. We do not have so much information on the crash, but we can use what we have to make RP.

My char is just pointing out the obvious, a plane crash is not something you have to look for in a forest, like a rabbit hole or tracks of wild animals,we are looking for a plane crash.
You like youtube,right? use it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRd6X7Nv98o - Smolensk crash, the plane we are looking for is 2 or even 3 times bigger and armored for firefights, it will definitively leave a bigger crash site. more easy to locate.

I do a lot o research to make my chars believable and to see what they would have seen. I am not limiting Roleplay, I am adding my voice to it,whatever it might be telling that this is a thing we do not need to spend time on and we could concentrate on different more pressing matters, like our equipment layout, what are we taking with us shotguns, automatics, snipers, what roles we will take on the group. this is a part of the discussion i thing we can move on, not fighting over were we land an how the 2 groups do things - CO decides that, in our case the GM

And, by the way, the briefing has eneded:
[spoiler]
This mission is going to test your ability to investigate your situation and act on an informed decision in a timely manner, so let's get to work."
[/spoiler]
We are free to RP the whole 6 hours before the planes depart, we can go to the recreation area and keep talking in a more comfortable setting, we can get our gear ready and still contact Vissei or our CO to put a question forward. we can keep on speaking in the briefing room as well.

@Sichr
Lately I feel hostilities coming from you toward me. I play Red, just as you play Omar, they both have a lot in common, but i never felt that this dragged the role-play down, in all truth i enjoyed the Disagreements as it gave space for a lot more emotions and story to be had in IC. even though Sam would have liked to taser Omar a few times to improve his manners.

If you want me to drop out of this game, just say so directly and i will do so, because i am tired of these attacks on me. and maybe then you will not push for two groups.

Kouryuu out for the day.
RainDragonBar

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #143 on: <03-04-13/0733:09> »
Now you are wrong. Im just having fun discusing possible approaches while we had to wait. You know that im pro-active player and this helps me keep warm, even when it is a bit outside character (that cyberpsychosis dont make nina ideal for social roles :) ) and as I understat it may look as chitchat it alowed us to put on our characters skin and keep thread on the front page. About those RP comments, I just got the feeling: such questions are waste since it is on briefing materials or our characters know bettes so there is no need to ask :p one of my favourite Murphys law aplied: better asking stupid questions during briefing, than solving stupid mistakes/problems during execution.
As for hostility, ok. Imo if we can find gentlemen's agreement that past should remain in the past, it would be better. I do offer handshake and peace-pipe.
Imo Ive "samed" you enought with this planning :D

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #144 on: <03-04-13/0913:01> »
@Aryeonos: Glad to hear your husband's feeling better. Thanks for posting and letting us know what is up. Just out of curiousity, do you have a preferred pronoun we should be using?

@Kouryuu: Regarding the whole "plane crashes are easy to spot" thing, that's true... from the sky. But I have been assuming we wouldn't be flying over the probable crash site because of... you know. What happened to the last plane to do so. Spotting the actual crash site from the ground (or a low enough elevation where we're practically at the ground) might be harder. But I dunno. I will admit to not knowing a whole lot about plane crashes.

Regarding just scouring the pennisula with micro-drones... that's a real good idea. I think Red should bring it up IC (if he hasn't already). Something like that wouldn't occur to Omeed because he's magically-inclined, so tends to forget about technological solutions to problems*. Just like I'm sure magical solutions to problems wouldn't occur to non-magical characters often.

Still though, I suspect if we say, "Why don't we just use drones?" our CO's response might be something like, "Because I have a highly-trained squad of mercs in front of me that cost enough nuyen already." But I'd say it's at least worth discussion.

*That, and he is very much the FNG in this operation (or at least that's how I'd like to play it, as it meshes so well with my OOC newbishness).
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #145 on: <03-04-13/0920:49> »
I wonder about weather conditions in those two days. Since tha crash site is posibly only another snowhill around :P

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #146 on: <03-04-13/0940:23> »
Guess we had the same idea, Sichr
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #147 on: <03-04-13/1350:05> »
I was reading this threads from my phone and I had to run up to the cafe up the street just to make sure you didn't tear each other apart! IC hostility is fine, but just understand it's role play, don't take it personally.

@Bewilderbeast
I'm touched you would ask, I've tried using hir or shi, though the words irritate me they are the only literary examples I've come across in english thus far. I suppose if I use them enough or find better ones it'll stop phasing me. But if it's easier or more comfortable for any of you, you can just use him, his, he, so on.

@Everyone
I've got some contacts for everyone I'll jot down here in a second that you can contact while on base or over satcom when the situation warrants.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #148 on: <03-04-13/1358:54> »
Those pronouns... I played on a MUD at one point where one of the coders was always going off on people for not referring to them using those. It got annoying...fast.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #149 on: <03-04-13/1409:12> »
like I said, whatever is easier or more comfortable for you.

You guys did fine in the briefing, you all touched over allot of important points that are worth considering, just remember them when you get to the crash site.

Feel free to wander around the base or ask me where there is to go in OOC if you like, you'll never know what you can do till you ask!
« Last Edit: <03-04-13/1455:33> by Aryeonos »

Register