NEWS

What to load into auto-injector?

• 38 Replies

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <07-01-15/1829:43> »
Incidently, you can load Steamers with inhalation-vector stuff. Not good for hitting other people with, but super-duper easy to dose yourself with Jazz or whatnot. (Surprised at how many people missed that trick.)

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <07-01-15/1939:05> »
Sure Wakshaani, if you want to go for the steampunk look. Pass, personally ;)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <07-01-15/1956:15> »
Heh. /dev likes teh Steampunk vibe, but they can be in other forms. Adding vents along the upper lip, for instance, gives you direct-feed Inhalers, while one behind each ear could give you a perfume dispensor for when you find out what someone's favorite scent is. You can also load 'em with scents to throw off tracking dogs, or with some kind of toxin that you feel more resistant to... the Iocane Powder Bearhug, in effect.

You guys are smart. I think you can figure out a dozen more ways to use the things. :D

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <07-01-15/2046:28> »
Heh. /dev likes teh Steampunk vibe, but they can be in other forms. Adding vents along the upper lip, for instance, gives you direct-feed Inhalers, while one behind each ear could give you a perfume dispensor for when you find out what someone's favorite scent is. You can also load 'em with scents to throw off tracking dogs, or with some kind of toxin that you feel more resistant to... the Iocane Powder Bearhug, in effect.

You guys are smart. I think you can figure out a dozen more ways to use the things. :D

I'm pretty sure it was in this forum that the utility of a generic guard dog was discussed.  Don't forget your olfactory signature, chummers!
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <07-02-15/1708:10> »
Now, where did I put my scent-masking cigarettes...

ughsoclever

• Newb
  • Not actually that clever
« Reply #35 on: <07-02-15/1755:39> »
I'm definitely gonna cook up some custom pharmacological fun for my dwarf street sam. But I think there's going to have to be a houserule about the "enhancements" adding +1 to the addiction threshold each. Having a drug with an immediate effect shouldn't need a threshold 5 addiction test, when kamikaze is only 3

Also, definitely getting some K-10, for when you're willing to have a very bad day to ensure someone else has a worse one.

Not really an auto-injector type thing, but NoPAINt also looks quite fun. Reminds me of the warpaint the vikings used to wear that turned out to contain small amounts of a natural compound analogous to PCP.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <07-02-15/1916:49> »
If you don't mind the distinct possibility of turning into a junkie that does runs to support your drug habit, I find speed balling Cram and Jazz for the +2 Rea, +2 IP is a decent choice.

Be glad you GM doesn't read the Drug Rules! That's to separate Addiction Tests that have to be taken each time one of them comes up... so 3 tests in total (1 Physiological & 2 Psychological) as well as taking 12S when you inhale Jazz. The new Drug Interaction Rules would be a little kinder depending on how you roll but using a Stimm or Trauma Patch would be Lethal within a pretty short time before a bad roll killed you.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <07-03-15/0008:10> »
Yeah, adding more ways to take drugs doesn't really help much when there's so few good options.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <07-04-15/2053:26> »
Yeah, adding more ways to take drugs doesn't really help much when there's so few good options.

Pharmaceutical Grade Kamikaze is a great choice now... hitting an Addiction Threshold of 2 should be pretty easy for any character that would want to take it. Adding Narco so you get a +3 Strength &
+2 Body/Agility/Willpower as well as only taking 4S with halved penalty times. Designer Grade shrinks that to 1/4 penalty times but it's not really worth the 6x cost since you should be long gone before you crash, & everything needs to be Designer Grade to get any benefit from that lethal Drug Interaction Table.

Register