NEWS

What to load into auto-injector?

• 38 Replies

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <02-12-15/0942:41> »
Oh, frag no! NO nanites, I've got enough voices in my head as it is, thank you very much. :P

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #16 on: <02-12-15/1514:37> »
Nope on the nanites as well, even if my current game is set in the 60's approximately. Have not used chems besides trama patches and stun-b-gone patches. But if I did crash would be the one I load for sure, maybe kamikaze.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <03-03-15/0708:13> »
can you really fill the auto-injector with trauma patches and stim patches?

is there really any way to heal yourself with auto-injectors?

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <03-03-15/1013:32> »
Psyche is a good choice too. Take it right as you cast spells to lower that pesky sustaining bonus :)
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Syntetesh

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <03-03-15/1534:25> »
Savior medkit from SR4 Augmentation :p (Cause I am the medic and don't trust others to stabilize me)

Edit :
@Saboto : It's a R6 nanite medkit with an additional +3 dice bonus for stabilize test
« Last Edit: <03-03-15/1537:49> by Syntetesh »

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #20 on: <03-03-15/1640:42> »
Don't use nanites in 5th. CFD is bad s#!t, Chummer. And that is the just the one of the bad issues in 5th with nanite tech.
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <03-03-15/1814:10> »
Don't use nanites in 5th. CFD is bad s#!t, Chummer. And that is the just the one of the bad issues in 5th with nanite tech.

As a GM, I completely disagree with this statement.  Nanites are your friends.  I'll bet you can find a hive at steep discount nowadays.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <03-03-15/1827:26> »
To be fair, nanotech does not equal absolute chance of infection. Some nanotech is infected, some isn't. The fluff in Stolen Souls definitely indicates that it's not a guarantee you'll get CFD if you've got nanotech. Not to mention that SR5 doesn't even have nanotech yet...

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #23 on: <03-03-15/1859:15> »
Lol, I bet you do, Kincaid. I will go with option of no thanks. Even if not all nanites are not infected, better not to take chances.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #24 on: <03-04-15/0001:01> »

As a GM, I completely disagree with this statement.  Nanites are your friends.  I'll bet you can find a hive at steep discount nowadays.

I actually have a street doctor, Dr. Nahoile, who'd be happy to handle implantation for any of Kincaid's referrals.  Oh, and NeoNET citizens get an even deeper discount, simply because most of the work is already done.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <03-04-15/0128:49> »
Psyche is a good choice too. Take it right as you cast spells to lower that pesky sustaining bonus :)
You still need to wait 10 minutes for the stuff beginning to work. So it's not that easy.

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #26 on: <03-11-15/2114:26> »
Hmm. Something alchemical, perhaps?
Straight reagents would probably be unhealthy, but it seems like there ought to be a way to put a magical heal or stabilize in it somehow. An Increase Attribute (Body) might be a good fallback as well.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <03-22-15/0727:43> »
Was thinking about putting this into the armor of my new PBP orc decker... but honestly for 5E, there don't seem to be many decent choices.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #28 on: <04-05-15/2334:54> »
Saline solution.

Gotta stay hydrated.

:)

-k

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <07-01-15/1641:36> »
Old thread deserving of some new comments.

Adding Guts to your quiver seems like a great idea, especially considering how potent fear effects are.  Dopadrine would be a welcome addition for the troll physad with a Shark mentor I play with.  (We needed him alive!) 

Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.