NEWS

NAN Military Structure

• 34 Replies

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #15 on: <10-25-12/0420:38> »
Just a bit of extra military info:

According to the original Seattle Sourcebook, the UCAS nuclear carrier group based around the supercarrier Koontz was located at the Everett Naval Shipyard.

Also, there was a treaty between the 'City of Seattle' and the Salish-Sidhe Council Defence Force which allowed for repair and refitting of boats from SSC, mostly small 'cutters'.

There was tension because both the Aztechnology Tezcatlipoca and the Mitsuhama Izanagi warships wanted to dock at Everett and the UCAS Navy prohibitted corporate warships using their facility except in emergencies.  There are no indications what class the corporate warships were though.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <10-25-12/0640:36> »
I might not be remembering things very well, But didn't the NAN's shaman population take a hard hit per population after the great ghost dance? I seem to remember it was Thousands of Shaman that went out in a blaze lighting that off.

and the whole Amerind demographic problem is going to come back and bite them sooner or later. the PCC is going to have a BIG problem with that soon.
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <10-25-12/1006:27> »
In 2047 Yamatetsu, which had just become a AAA corp, had carrier battle groups. I think that says enough about who the real naval powers are.

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <10-25-12/1434:59> »
In 2047 Yamatetsu, which had just become a AAA corp, had carrier battle groups. I think that says enough about who the real naval powers are.
If you refer to Operation: Reciprocity, as far as the Aztlan SB goes, no. Yamatetsu had no combat units involved, all they did was to negociate with the Japanese military for some help.
Aztlan, page 45
When the planning and preparation for operation RECIPROCITY got under way, the participating corporations were: Ares Macrotechnology, Fuchi Industrial Electronics, Mitsuhama Computer Technologies, and Saeder-Krupp Corp. Renraku Computer Systems Shiawase Corp., and Yamatetsu Corp., provided logistical support and staging areas, though they did not contribute combat troops to the strike.
Under a cloak of secrecy, assets to be involved in the strike were assembled at three staging areas. Through the actions of Yamatetsu Corporation, pan-corporate seaborne assets were stagd at SITE ONE. [...] The naval assault element sailed from SITE ONE, disguise as screen vessels for a FORCE KWANTO carrier group conducing exercices in Map Sector 5137. [...]

>>>>([...] Took me awhile, but I managed to reconstruct how it came down. SITE ONE was Alameda, CFS - you know, the big Imperial shipyard? Somehow Yamatetsu managed to get permission for the megas to stage their ships out of the Yards there protected from prying eyes by the Imperial Marines. And that's what the FORCE KWANTO static is about. That's obviously the Imperial Japanese Navy. And Map Sector 5137 happens to be offshore from San Diego,  right on the edge of Aztlan's territorial waters. [...])<<<<<
- Arclight (23:31:19/5-11-56)
« Last Edit: <10-25-12/1613:10> by Nath »

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <10-25-12/1556:18> »
I stand corrected.

FuelDrop

• Omae
  • Popping stims, it's time to go to work.
« Reply #20 on: <10-25-12/1912:05> »
I once heard that IRL if one goes by boats alone (ie numbers) the tenth largest navy in the world is... Disney.
I doubt that they have any actual warships, though.
"When in doubt, C4" - Mythbusters. As true in 2070 as when it was first spoken.

"You're wearing WHAT?" - Group reaction when our street sam walked into a meet wearing light military armour.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #21 on: <10-25-12/1958:27> »
I once heard that IRL if one goes by boats alone (ie numbers) the tenth largest navy in the world is... Disney.
I doubt that they have any actual warships, though.

I bet the Shadowrun version does, though.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <10-25-12/2048:20> »
Disney's one of the real world companies I'd love to write more about, but, I really don't want  to get letters from Legal, you know? :) Coke, Pepsi, Monsanto, Kraft, Dole, Nabisco... believe me, there's some FUN there. A "Great Cream Puff War" between Hostess and Little Debbie wouldn't sell books, but, man, just thinking about it leaves me giddy. So, I'll stick to the made-up ones as much as possible.

But, chummer, if I thought I could get away with a pirate in teh Carribean calling himself "Captain Hook" who'd slotted a Personafix at Disney, commandeered a ship, and ran with it, I would *absolutely* do it.

I'm a giant nerd.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #23 on: <10-25-12/2326:59> »
But, chummer, if I thought I could get away with a pirate in teh Carribean calling himself "Captain Hook" who'd slotted a Personafix at Disney, commandeered a ship, and ran with it, I would *absolutely* do it.

Just remember - the Mouse doesn't own Captain Hook.  Even they use him with permission, and a chunk of change.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Parker

• Omae
  • Remember, can't spell damage without mage!
« Reply #24 on: <11-05-12/2208:37> »
Screw Hook!  I'd take Sparrow or Barbossa anyday for a Shadowrun pirate campaign.  A NPC modeled on either would be hilarious. ;D 
I'm not Mad...insane a bit...but not mmmaaaddd!
(insane giggle as lightning flashes and thunder rolls.)

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <11-06-12/0540:02> »
See also: The Gingerbread Man.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <11-06-12/1717:16> »
Gingey was badass.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <11-06-12/1944:44> »
Yeah, I'm still annoyed that Kane dissed him.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <11-06-12/2050:26> »
I'm pretty sure Kane killed him.

Black