NEWS

[Recruitment Closed] ShadowLand

• 55 Replies

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« on: <08-23-12/1410:05> »
Post Rate is once a week. (Or the GM gets to bot you if needed, or drop you.)
Theme is Runs Plus life between Runs. Location is Seattle, plus travel.

Post character concept, goals, BG, and desired themes in this thread. Standard 400 BP builds.
If you post a Character Sheet, please put it into a spoiler tag.

Recruitment will be open for at least one week from today. I will not be selecting players in the order of posting in this thread. So go ahead and post your interest regardless of previous entries. I will select preferentially for new players and ones not in currently active PBP games.
Once a group is selected I will start the OOC thread.

OOC Thread

Accepted
Necrogigas - Mr. Smith - Male Elf Face/Former Company Man - CS - BG
Ethan - Saint - Cyberarm Christian Theurgist Combat Mage - CS - BG
bmoham - Jack - Male Ork Hacker Adept
sway - Killer-B - Male Ork Street Sam
DiscoDwarf - HB - Male Hobgoblin Merc
WhackedMaki - Exile - Male Fomori Street Sam
Gaius - Jenever - Male Rigger

On Deck
All4BigGuns - Elf - Stealth & Combat
Kylen - Card - Male Human Smuggler Physad - CS - BG
Vinnmun - Allerd - Ork Mystic Adept - CS - BG
Father_twilight - Whisper - Male Human Physad
« Last Edit: <08-31-12/1613:30> by DireRadiant »

DiscoDwarf

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <08-23-12/1448:12> »
I am very interested in playing a game rather than GMing one for once, and this would be my first PBP game, though I'm on the waiting list for others (but none that is still recruiting, I'm just hoping someone drops out).  I am able to post a lot more than once a week and I'm rather familiar with the Seattle setting (speaking of which, is the game taking place before or after Brackhaven has won the election against Dzugashvili? Just so we know whether security is still run by Lone Star or by Knight Errant).

I'm fairly open to any and all character concepts, but I have a marked penchant for Adepts. I tend to build my characters with the idea that they should be doing more than just shadowrunning (and I've been known to force my players to take some Interest Knowledge Skills to reflect that their character do more than just kill stuff).

The character I would likely be interested in portraying in this game would be an Israeli born ork (hobgoblin if metavariants are allowed). He was trained partially by the MOSSAD to become part of the nation's special forces (if the same as real-world Israel, all citizen must take a 2-year military service). However, being nominally Jewish, as he is fond of saying, "Funny how 'chosen people of God' doesn't seem to apply when you're frakking ORK". Fed up with racial prejudice, he enrolled with one of Ares' subsidized mercenary forces, who was more than happy to have an additional heavy hitter.

After a year of service or so however, the youthful optimism wore off, and his dwindling Essence as he constantly strove to improve himself for the battlefield meant he felt more detached. With the detachment came a moment of zen-like epiphany, though he's more wont to say he just got fed up with it and decided to just "frag it". After a somewhat disastrous operation where most of his assigned squad was killed in the bombing of their vehicle. Being especially hardy, he survived but tossed aside his commlink and anything else that could be used to retrace him. Figuring the cybered ork had been taken away to a chop shop, the search for his body was short-lived.

Using contacts made along the way in his short mercenary career, he came to Seattle, where he hoped to establish himself in the Ork Underground. However, obtaining a fake SIN and an apartment were costly, and he no longer had access to his savings if he wanted to stay off the radar. Selling all the equipment he didn't need (who needs desert survival stuff in Seattle anyway?), he had no choice but to look for work, and there's only one thing he's really good at: busting heads, kneecaps and just about any other bone in a metahuman body.

More on his personality: A quick look at the average lifespan of an ork made me realize something: physically, they are probably mature around the age of 12. Thus, despite being a slightly experienced soldier, this character remains a kid. He plays Miracle Shooter (which doubles up as a training), spends money on music and sims (I always buy a bundle, and I may even pick specific bands from the Attitude book) and all-around isn't too aware of the whole dangers of his lifestyle, with some of the "magical thinking" of teens still left in him, thus making quite the thrill-seeker. He also has something of a problem with authority figures.

So let me know what you think about him. I can post a character sheet later or tomorrow if needed.
« Last Edit: <08-23-12/1450:00> by DiscoDwarf »

Scarecrow71

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-23-12/1530:58> »
I fully expect to not be included in the game due to the fact that I'm running one and playing in another, but I thought I'd throw my character in the ring just in case.

I've included his backstory and concept in the character notes.  He's a hacker/face, and he's ready to earn some creds.

As for me, my posting availability is far more than once per week.

EDIT:  Character Removed.
« Last Edit: <08-27-12/1338:47> by Scare_Crow »
I could wile away the hours conversing with the flowers
Consulting with the rain
And my head I'd be scratching while my thoughts were busy hatching
If I only had a brain...

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-23-12/1546:21> »
No involvement in current games, on the wait list for Scare_Crow.

Awakened Concept: Cyberarm Mage

1) Christian Theurgist Combat Mage. Perfunctory melee skills, can shoot an assault rifle, and sling a spell. Disillusioned with faith. Can be with or without a Mentor Spirit (was thinking Adversary or Dark Goddess or something equally... unclean). Spirit Bane (Beast).

2) Bad Rep, Big Regret. Just another Street Shaman, an English Druid actually... who lost his arm and his team months ago. Rumours say he got partially eaten by a dragon. But he just fled when things got bad, summoned a spirit to take him away and left his team to die. Or so the story goes.

Mundane Character: Courier

Primary purpose in life is to use the skimmer discs on his feet to do crazy acrobatics. Shoots an arrow pretty well. Takes delivery jobs, charges extra for pick-up (especially if he has to BnE). Has old school lock-breaking skills, new toys, and modern spoofing abilities.

For the Awakened character I'd like to explore a bit of religion and magic, redemption and even forsaking the faith. For the Courier, who lives paycheck to paycheck, I'd like to explore the consequences of living a hard and fast life.

Kozak

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <08-23-12/1634:47> »
I'm definitely interested.  I'm already involved in one PBP, but it's just not enough to sate the thirst.  I'll post up a sheet as soon as I get one ready.  A quick question though, which books are open?  Just the core, or can we go nuts on options?  Also, I'm probably going to roll a Gunman on this one.

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
« Reply #5 on: <08-23-12/1653:30> »
Kozak, I have most of the books so no real limitation there. I will not be using karmagen though.

Kozak

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <08-23-12/1719:20> »
Fantastic.  I'll get on the creation ASAP.

vinnmun

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <08-23-12/1720:37> »
I guess I'll toss in my two cents of a character in this mix.

I like all the settings in Shadowrun, but like any kind of mystery and hardcore on the awakening side of things.

[spoiler]https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwZujFMYroA9dTZlNERUT0k0a2M[/spoiler]
H0llister - Demo Team

Red: Matrix
Blue: Speech
Green: Thought

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <08-24-12/0139:08> »
Character: Jackson "Card" Hart
Archtype: Smuggler Adept, hand to hand expert, Triad Member, local bouncer
Themes: Foregnier in the Triad with high connections, Delivery boy, "I will not strike the first blow, but I will strike the last"
Goal: Live long, pass on the wisdom his Grandfather gave to him, be the first known North American to hold high level leadership in the Yellow Lotus Triad. Keep his mechanic and best friend out of the shadows.

Background: [spoiler] Jackson grew up on the wrong side of Downtown Seattle as a kid. When the crash happened, he was lost in the chaos, being on a school trip. His SIN erased, he was kicked off the bus, being told only students could be there. Wondering the streets, almost dropping to hunger when an old chinese man offered him a deal: He'd feed the boy, and give him shelter, so long as he ran an errand. Gladly accepting the offer, young Jackson ate up and ran off with the package, never knowing what it was, even to today. Thus began a long career as a courier for the Triad, earning him respect among some of the higher ups. Officially, he now works the North Seattle routes, living in Everett proper. Effectively the 'manager' of his branch of the front business "Express Bike Delivery Group", Jackson does a lot of the jobs that come in, and business is good. He knows now that old man got him a good jumpstart into the shadows, and does what he can to pay his respects now, almost 20 years later. The real pay isn't that great, but he makes a lot of nuyen with shadow deliveries for his real clients, the Triad. He does do some other work for various corps and businesses, but he hasn't run against his loyalty yet, having earned a place in the Triad. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't yet work directly with his savior and "Grandfather", Linh Wai, but for a local underboss, Yung Ling, but he's doing his best to work as quickly up the ranks as a non-chinese can, and is helped by his Awakened status, being an adept.

Jackson does know that his family is alright, and that they miss him dearly, but he hasn't revealed to them that he's still alive yet, doing his best to insulate them from his new, shadowy work. Another person he does the same with is Lucas Yang, a Chinese orc who serves as Jackson's best friend, house sitter, and most importantly mechanic. Lucas knows there's something fishy with Jackson's work sometimes, but has come to believe that if it was to threaten him, Jack would say something to warn him. His girlfriend has other thoughts, thinking that he shouldn't be wasting his life in northern Seattle as a lowly bike mechanic, dealing with lowlifes who do nothing with their lives. Thanks to this, the two visit the local mechanic and bike themed bar, The Crank Shaft, often for brews and bullshit. The insulation is helped by the fact that Lucas only knows Jackson by the fake name of Roan, though even the slightly thick headed orc thinks somethings up with that name, given that he doesn't always answer to that, and twitches when he hears the typical "hey Jack!" line, such as when something's pissed, as though trying to prevent himself from answering it.

Last but not least is the woman who keeps Jackson's body fixed up, Miss Maggie. An ex-doctor for Doc Wagon, she helps out who ever she can, one of the few people outside of Wai that Jackson trusts in the underworld.

[/spoiler]

Known Background: Jump into the Virtual Underground '93 pool, and check out their Street Legends thread. Iceblade did a wonderful work up on the kid.

Character Sheet: http://coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=7729

To be edited with his history color coded to show what's harder and hardest to know about him.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <08-24-12/0735:53> »
Street Alias: Mr. Smith

Archetype: Face

Background: Mr. Smith is a down and out former company man for Horizon. With a tarnished rep in the corporate world, only the shadows offered him a chance for gainful employment. He's taking his first steps into the shadows, and he might be in over his head. Mr. Smith is a negotiator first and foremost, he prefers nonviolent resolutions to confrontations.

Goals: Find a way to rebuild his reputation so he can get back into the corporate world, preferably with Horizon.

Character sheet including detailed background and minor background of contacts (Formatting is off due to Google docs' lack of support for multi-column format.)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15qIV7avJTW2nE8xC8EsjOMV5K-4YXtN3ov1669O2GsM/edit
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
« Reply #10 on: <08-24-12/1150:17> »
Thank you all for your responses so far. I am reviewing as your submissions are posted. I will have some follow up questions.

Recruitment is still open and will remain so until at least August 30th.

DiscoDwarf

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <08-24-12/1418:05> »
Well, here's my character, nothing fancy.

[spoiler]== Info ==
Street Name: HardBoy
Name: Hershel Böhmer
Movement: 10/25, Swim: 5
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 0
Public Awareness: 0
Ork (Hobgoblin) Male Age 14
Height 1.97m Weight 128kg
Composure: 6
Judge Intentions: 4
Lift/Carry: 15 (120 kg/80 kg)
Memory: 8
Nuyen: (4D6 x 100)

== Attributes ==
BOD: 7  AGI: 5 (7)   REA: 3 (5)   STR: 6 (8 )
CHA: 2  INT: 2          LOG: 4        WIL: 4           EDG: 1

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                   2,11
Initiative:                5 (7)
IP:                        1 (3)
Matrix Initiative:         7
Matrix IP:                 1
Physical Damage Track:     12
Stun Damage Track:         10

== Active Skills ==
Armorer                    : 1                      Pool: 5
Automatics                 : 3 [Assault Rifles]     Pool: 12 (14)
Blades                     : 4                      Pool: 11
Climbing                   : 2                      Pool: 10
Clubs                      : 4                      Pool: 11
Dodge                      : 2                      Pool: 7
Electronic Warfare         : 2 [Communications]     Pool: 6 (8 )
First Aid                  : 2                      Pool: 6
Flight                     : 2                      Pool: 10
Gymnastics                 : 2                      Pool: 9
Infiltration               : 3                      Pool: 10
Perception                 : 2                      Pool: 7
Pilot Ground Craft         : 1                      Pool: 6
Running                    : 2                      Pool: 10
Survival                   : 1                      Pool: 5
Swimming                   : 2                      Pool: 10
Unarmed Combat             : 4                      Pool: 11

== Knowledge Skills ==
Arabic                     : N                      Pool: 0
Bars and Clubs             : 2                      Pool: 4
Combat Tactics             : 3                      Pool: 7
English                    : 4                      Pool: 6
Gaming                     : 2                      Pool: 4
Gangs                      : 3                      Pool: 5
Hebrew                     : 2                      Pool: 4
Or'zet                     : 2                      Pool: 4

== Contacts ==
Arcturus, the Rat King! (Pet rat)
Mahuta, gang leader and landlord (3, 3)
Turgan, Ork fixer (4, 3)

== Qualities ==
Distinctive Style
Fangs
Guts
Martial Arts [Krav Maga] (2)

Addiction (Mild) [Betel]
Implant-Induced Immune Deficiency
In Debt (5,000¥) (Owed to Mahuta's gang)
Low-Light Vision
Poor Self Control (Thrill Seeker)
Poor Self Control (Vindictive)
Records on File (Ares Macrotechnology)

== Lifestyles ==
Ork Underground "Waterfront"  1 months
   Comforts:      Low
   Entertainment: Low
   Necessities:   Low
   Neighborhood:  Low
   Security:      Middle
   Qualities:     Hasty Exit [2LP]
                  Security Conscious [2LP]
                  Green Plan [-1LP]
                  Network Bottleneck [-1LP]
                  Poor Condition [-1LP]

== Cyberware/Bioware ==
Attention Coprocessor Rating 3
Auto-Injector (Reusable) Rating 1 (Loaded with Guts)
Bone Density Augmentation Rating 3
Damper
Ear Recording Unit
Muscle Augmentation Rating 2
Muscle Toner Rating 2
Spatial Recognizer
Wired Reflexes Rating 2

== Armor ==
--Fashion--
6 Tees urban fashion (Horizon)0/0
Beaux Retail casualwear (Mitsuhama)0/0
Victory (Ares)            0/0

--Armor--
Chameleon Suit            7/5
   +Gel Packs
   +Nonconductivity 3
   +Shock Frills
   +Thermal Damping 3
Form-Fitting Full-Body Suit6/2
   +Chemical Protection 3
   +Fire Resistance 3
   +Thermal Damping 3
Ballistic Mask              2/1
Leather Jacket            2/2
SecureTech PPP Armor (Ensemble)2/4
Vashon Island: Synergist Suit Jacket (Ensemble)5/3
   +Concealable Holster

"On the Job" Armor set (B 16/I 13) - Chameleon Suit, Form-fit, Securetech, Mask
"Meeting Johson" Armor set  (B13/I 9) - Form-fit, Securetech, Vashon Island
"Everyday" Armor set (B 8/I 4) - Form-fit, Leather Jacket
*All set values calculated by Chummer.

== Weapons ==
Ares Crusader    DV: 4P   AP: -   RC: 5
   +Concealable Holster
   +Shock Pad
   +Smartgun System, Internal
   +Electronic Firing
   +Gas Vent 2
   +Sound Suppressor
   +Trigger Removal

Ares HVAR   DV: 5P   AP: -   RC: 9
   +Shock Pad
   +Sling
   +Smartgun System, Internal
   +Stock
   +Chameleon Coating
   +Extended Clip
   +Foregrip
   +Gas Vent 3
   +Smartgun System

Fangs    DV: 5P   AP: -   RC: 0

Monofilament Sword   DV: 7P   AP: -1   RC: 1
   +Personalized Grip, Melee

Unarmed Attack   DV: 6P   AP: -   RC: 0

== Martial Arts ==
Krav Maga
   ++1 die on Called Shots to disarm
   +Ready Weapon as Free Action
Blind Fighting
Finishing Move
Watchful Guard

== Commlink ==
Hermes Ikon (R4, Sy4, F4, Si3)
   +Novatech Navi
   +Armor Case Rating 3
   +Hardening Rating 5
   +Customized Interface
   +Suite: Pro User [Analyze 4, Browse 4, Command 2, Edit 4]
   +Encrypt Rating 5 [Copy Protection 4, Registration]
   +Decrypt Rating 3 [Copy Protection 3, Registration]
   +Optimization (Decrypt)
Novatech Airware (R3, Sy3, F3, Si5)
   +Iris Orb
   +Trodes
   +Hardening Rating 5
   +Environmental Resistance
   +Suite: Basic+ [Analyze 3, Browse 3, Command 1, Edit 3]
   +Encrypt Rating 3 [Copy Protection 3, Registration]
   +Miracle Shooter
   +Virtual Person
   +Virtual Surround Music x100
   +Wall Space
   +VR Game x5
   +Sim Recording x10

== Gear ==
-Carried-

-MOSLTOV-
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Machine Pistols) x80
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Assault Rifles) x310
Ammo: Stick-n-Shock (Assault Rifles) x60
Ammo: Suppression Rounds (Machine Pistols) x80
Autopicker Rating 6
Betel x20
Biomonitor
Gecko Tape Gloves
Glasscutter
Glue Sprayer
Handheld Sensor
   +Ultrawideband Radar Rating 3
   +Radio Signal Scanner Rating 6
MCT Gun Pit
Scent-masking Cigarette x12

-Medical Pouch-
Inhaler x5
   +Psyche
Guts x10
Slap Patch x5
   +Long Haul
Emergency Field Dressing x10
Medkit Rating 6
Trauma Patch x3
Stimulant Patch Rating 5 x5

-Worn-
Earbuds Rating 3
   +Audio Enhancement Rating 3
   +Select Sound Filter Rating 3
Contact Lenses Rating 3
   +Image Link
   +Vision Enhancement Rating 3
   +Flare Compensation
Goggles Rating 6
   +Mark 74 Smartlink
   +Vision Magnification
   +Image Link
Fake SIN (Abraham Arens) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Wired Reflexes) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Chameleon Suit) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Ares Crusader) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Monofilament Sword) Rating 4
MOSLTOV
Micro-Transceiver Rating 4

-Butt pack-
Glue Sprayer x2
Betel x50
Dry Lubricant x10
MCT Gun Pit x2
OXSYS Artificial Gill
Respirator Rating 6
Survival Kit

-Home-
Small Rodent (Rat) - Arcturus the Rat King!

== Vehicles ==
Horizon-Doble Revolution (Enclosed Monocycle)
   +Anti-Theft
   +Morphing License Plate
   +Motorcycle Gyro Stabilization
   +Smart Tires Rating 1
   +Smuggling Compartment, Normal
   +Spoof Chip
   +Vehicle Sensor

== Description ==
Even for an Hobgoblin, HB is on the tall side, taller than even the average ork, though he retains his metavariant's slender build (most of his weight actually come from his implants). To his black eyes and pointed chin are compounded "typical" Jewish features, with an aquiline nose and deep orbits.

HB dresses casually while not "working", wearing either hoodies and jeans or baggy cargo pants and vests painted with the name of one of his favorite bands. A healthy sense of paranoia means he usually wears those over his form fit armor. When he finds the air a bit chilly (which is often, considering his origins), he also adds his leather jack, conspicuously free of anything that could resemble a gang ID.

== Background ==
Hershel is an Israeli-born hobgoblin. He was trained partially by the MOSSAD to hopefully become part of the nation's special forces (in Israel, all citizen must take a 2-year military service). He even agreed to undergo some implant surgery to try and keep up with the Adept-heavy elite of the Israeli Intelligence agency, boosting his reflexes to superhuman levels. However, though he was nominally Jewish, as he is fond of saying, "Funny how 'chosen people of God' doesn't seem to apply when you're a frakking ORK". Fed up with racial prejudice, he enrolled with one of Ares' subsidized mercenary forces, who was more than happy to have an additional heavy hitter.

After a year of service or so however, the youthful optimism wore off, and his dwindling Essence as he constantly strove to improve himself for the battlefield meant he felt more detached. With the detachment came a moment of zen-like epiphany, though he's more wont to say he just got fed up with it and decided to just "frag it". After a somewhat disastrous operation, most of his assigned squad was killed in the bombing of their vehicle. Being especially hardy, he survived the crash and managed to sneak away, though he tossed aside his commlink and anything else that could be used to retrace him. Figuring the cybered ork had been taken away to a chop shop, the search for his body was short-lived.

Using contacts made along the way in his short mercenary career, he came to Seattle with the help of smugglers, where he hoped to establish himself in the Ork Underground and live a "normal" life. However, obtaining a fake SIN and an apartment were costly, and he no longer had access to his savings if he wanted to stay off the radar. Selling all the equipment he didn't need (who needs desert survival stuff in Seattle anyway?), he had no choice but to look for work, and there's only one thing he's really good at: busting heads, kneecaps and just about any other bone in a metahuman body.

== Concept ==
HB is a mercenary, and thus he has a wide array of skills that are useful on the field of battle, including knowing the basics of healing wounds, surviving in a hostile territory, repairing arms and armor, jamming enemy communications, being sneaky and, of course, killing stuff.

HB is more of a close-combat specialist. His Hobgoblin sense of honor demands that he takes it "up close and personal" whenever possible, and over time he's had himself implanted with the ware needed to survive long enough to reach his opponent then have enough strength to drop him.

== Notes ==
More on his personality: A quick look at the average lifespan of an ork made me realize something: physically, they are probably mature around the age of 12. Thus, despite being a slightly experienced soldier, this character remains a kid. He plays Miracle Shooter (which doubles up as a training), spends money on music and sims (I always buy a bundle, and I may even pick specific bands from the Attitude book) and all-around isn't too aware of the whole dangers of his lifestyle, with some of the "magical thinking" of teens still left in him, thus making quite the thrill-seeker. He also has something of a problem with authority figures.

Fun fact: his nickname "Hard Boy" comes from the initials on his helm (HB) and the fact that he is indeed rather hard to kill. The nickname was coined by some of the mercenaries he worked with, and he nows carries it to remember them. [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-02-12/2324:53> by DiscoDwarf »

Father_Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <08-24-12/1627:02> »
Well I am currently in one game about to begin, and on a waiting list for the other which is about to begin. But if I happen to get the spot I would love it, I can easily post once a week, and probably more then that. The character I would use would be my cov ops/B&E style character.

[spoiler]
Name: Richard Trelone
Alias: Whisper
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Nationality: American (mixed Germanic/Italian lineage)
Lifestyle: Middle
Karma Spent: 0
Physical Description: 6' tall with black hair cut short and a permanent 5 o'clock shadow, brown eyes, and normal workday clothes, Whisper looks just like a hundred other people you meet on a daily basis. The only possible feature that would catch your eye would be a large ropey scar across his throat, if his throat was ever visible. He always takes care to wear a hankercheif or high collar shirt, something to cover that scar. A side effect of this is that his voice is raw and scratchy, and requires a conscious effort to push beyond the level of a whisper as Richard has refused to let doctors simply repair his vocal chords. 
Personality/background Whisper is a child of the shadows, he always sits with his back to the wall or else facing a reflective surface, his eyes never stop casing a joint once he enters it and he is always coiled on the inside, ready for a sudden burst of movement. Yet he makes a conscious effort to always look relaxed, normal, and completely part of his surroundings. He has become so good at it that it is hard for anyone to pick him out of a crowd. He feels fierce loyalty for anyone he works with, and hates traitors with a burning passion. He holds a special place in his heart for small children, especially little girls, to such an extent that he refuses to ever endanger them in any way with his actions on a run.

When Whisper was young he worked for la familia in L.A., as was a family tradition. His father had been a member of the syndicate, and his son had followed in his footsteps. Whisper found out at a young age that he had a gift of silence, he could sneak into places his father only dreamed of and it made him a natural born burglar. He lifted precious stones and secret documents with equal ease for the mafia, until his sister came of age and his father was informed that she was being "honored" with a position in one of the Gianelli's brothels. Whisper immediately snuck his family out of their home, and using all of his skills at subterfuge hid them away in an out of the way location, thinking they were safe he returned to L.A. to face down the bosses, hoping to make a deal of his services in payment of his family's debt for their betrayal. He was subdued upon reaching the meet and then dragged back to his home, he had been followed to his hideout thanks to his sister, she had called a friend to let her know she was safe. Whisper watched as the house went up on flames, and he heard his parent's cry's for help just before the knife slid along his throat, and then he saw only black.

He awoke a week later with a local hermit sitting over him, his hands aglow with healing magic. He learned that the hermit had found him moments after the mob had departed and had barely managed to stem the blood flow and save his life. A search of the ruins revealed only two skeletons, meaning his sister had not died in this fire. Since that day he has kept his eyes incessantly peeled for news of his sister, and held a private hatred of the Gianelli crime family, though in his professional life he never let any hint of his past identity arise.

Attributes

BodyAgilityReactionStrength
35(7)5(7)2
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
EdgeMagic/ResonanceEssenceInitiative
235.610(12)

Positive Qualities
Adept
Catlike
Blandness
Double Jointed
Negative Qualities
Poor Self Control: Compulsive, OCD needs to ensure all gear is cleaned and prepped at least twice before leaving house or embarking on mission, cannot stand things being out of place
Moderate Allergy: Silver
Lost Loved One: Sister
Big Regret: Failing to be there when his family was killed by the Vory, and not knowing what happened to his sister after that attack.
Incompetent: Archery
Incompetent: Leadership

Active Skills
Electronics Skill Group2
Stealth Skill Group4
Climbing4
Blades3
Etiquette1
Escape Artist1
Pistols6
Throwing Weapons2
Perception2
Exotic Weapon(mono filament Garrote)3
Knowledge Skills ( [Logic + Intuition] x 3 free points)
Security System Design4
Mafia4
Classic Literature3
Security Tactics3
Language Skills
EnglishN
Italian4
Japanese3

Adept Powers
PowerCostNotes
Improved Reflexes 23+2 reaction/IP

Cyber/Bioware
BiowareEssenceCostNotes
Muscle Toner.416,000¥

Gear (150,000(16,000 in Bioware))¥)
Glasses Rating 4(Flare Compensation, Image Link, Low Light, Smartlink)775¥
Contact Lenses Rating 2 (Thermographic, Vision Enhancement 3)500¥
Chameleon Suit (Thermal Damping 6, Nonconductivity 3)12,500¥
Lined Coat700¥
Victorinex Memory Knife1250¥
Morrissey Elan Holdout450¥
HK Urban Fighter w/silencer1900¥
Thermal Smoke Grenade x3105¥
Flash Bang x390¥
High Explosive Grenade x3135¥
Mono filament Garrote2000¥
Hidden Gun Arm Slide350¥
Concealable Holster75¥
Spare Clips 4(holdout)20¥
Explosive Rounds 10x10 bullet sealed clips for Urban Fighter1000¥
Regular Rounds x4080¥
Glasscutter10¥
Appraisal Tool Kit500¥
Operations Cleanup Kit500¥
Fingernail Data Storage200¥
Ballpoint Microtransceiver(Rating 6)3,000¥
False Bottom Attache Case300¥
Autopicker (Rating 6)1200¥
Cellular Glove Molder (Rating 3)600¥
Chisel20¥
Keycard Copier (Rating 6)1,800¥
Lockpick Set300¥
Maglock Passkey (Rating 48,000¥
Sequencer (Rating 4)800¥
Mini Welder250¥
Wire Clippers25¥
Plastic Restraints x10010¥
Fake SIN (Rating 4 x3)12,000¥
Fake License (Rating 4) x4 (2 Journalist ID badges, 2 fake Private Investigator Liscenses)1600¥
Hermes Ikon Commlink(Iris Orb Operating System)4,000¥
Subvocal Microphone50¥
Micro transceiver (Rating 6)1200¥
Tag Eraser150¥
White Noise Generator (Rating 6)300¥
Micro Sensor (Microphone) x10500¥
Micro Sensor (Camera) x5500¥
Micro Sensor (Radio Signal Scanner rating 6) x5900¥
Gecko Tape Gloves250¥
Respirator (Rating 6)600¥
Grapple Gun500¥
Catalyst Stick120¥
Stealth Rope (1,000 meters)850¥
Climbing Gear200¥
Rappelling Gloves70¥
Medkit (Rating 4)400¥
Trauma patch500¥
Latex Face mask x52500¥
Disposable Syringe x10100¥
6 Doses Narcojet400¥

Contacts
ContactC/L
Fixer (Tankz)3/2
ContactC/L
Mafia Capo (Vinnie the Hammer)4/2
ContactC/L
Blogger(Corporate scandal/gossip) (Charlotte Evans)4/2

Build Point totals:  405 = 400 + 35 - 30 (210 Attributes + 148 skills= 358 - 5 Qualities= 353 + 17 Contacts = 370 + 30= 400)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-28-12/1756:05> by Father_Twilight »

Kozak

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <08-24-12/2122:55> »
Well, it seems I'm the weak link here.  In that case, feel free to take my name out of the running.  It's a nice even six players without me, so it's okay.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <08-24-12/2241:59> »
Considering throwing something in for consideration here. Things have calmed considerably in my life for the time being, so the once per week posting shouldn't be too much of a problem now. Working on one with combative ability and some stealth ability at present. Just need to finish it off and get some kind of skeleton of a background into it (prefer more skeletal backgrounds in most cases and letting the details fill in as play progresses).
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen