NEWS

Weapon Focus for Unarmed Combat?

• 45 Replies

Makki

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <08-13-12/0308:18> »
Yeah, nobody runs faster than normal anymore, except by haivng more initiative passes to spend doing the "sprint" action, ever since SR4 came along and made the speed the same for everyone of the same metatype instead of being based on an attribute. Increasing your Running skill for when you do that sprint action is the only way to run faster than other people, as far as I know.
Raptor Cyber legs, Metagenetic Satyr Legs, and/or roller blades are the only things that increase your base speed... except of the 'Movement' spirit power, but no one has any idea how that thing actually works, so :/

You forgot the Metagenetic power "Celerity".

So, in that vein, how would you add that up if you take Celerity, Satyr Legs, and Rollerblades, all of which add 50% to the base speed? I'm assuming 100% + (50% * 3) = 250%?

exactly. 25 m/cr *250% = 62.5 m/cr

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <08-13-12/1406:27> »
If I went that way, I probably would to... Hmm, there really should be a 'custom look' option for armor & clothing like there is for weapons...
It's specifically said in Arsenal that as long as GM allows it, the modification rules can be used for anything, so i just use the weapon one for armor.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Ympulse

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <08-13-12/1420:10> »
going by Hero Lab, Satyr Legs/Celerity/Skates comes out to 118m for running speed.

Hmm.. drive-by slasher....

blackangel

• Chummer
« Reply #33 on: <08-13-12/1518:12> »
How does the movement power work ? will a force five spirit multiply your movement by five ?
"No one is more of a slave than he who thinks himself free without being so." GOETHE

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #34 on: <08-13-12/1631:34> »
How does the movement power work ? will a force five spirit multiply your movement by five ?

Unless your Body is more than 5, then it multiplies by 2.5, up to Body 10. Then you're just too heavy for it to lift.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <08-20-12/1256:49> »
On topic for the weapon focus, how about a set of items that would be worn. They would all have to be worn for the the weapon foci to be active. For enchanting they would be considered one item, so if one piece of the foci got lost the entire set is useless untill it is found again. The items can be of almost anything that fits your charachters paradigm.

Solomon

• Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <08-20-12/1308:04> »
What about enchanting your whole cyberarm to be a weapon focus?

_Pax_

« Reply #37 on: <08-20-12/1334:14> »
Honestly, Hardliner Gloves or Brass Knuckles should work fine.  Most games classify those sort of things as "unarmed weapons" (oxymoronic as the term is), anyway.

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <08-20-12/1415:19> »
Honestly, Hardliner Gloves or Brass Knuckles should work fine.  Most games classify those sort of things as "unarmed weapons" (oxymoronic as the term is), anyway.

These would work fine for someone that strictly uses punches for thier unarmed, but not so well for martial arts that incorporate other types of strikes. When it comes down to it, it's a bit of fluff and some handwaving as to what to use, imo.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #39 on: <08-20-12/2034:11> »

These would work fine for someone that strictly uses punches for thier unarmed, but not so well for martial arts that incorporate other types of strikes. When it comes down to it, it's a bit of fluff and some handwaving as to what to use, imo.
If you really wanted to, you could enchant a steel toed boot as a weapon focus. Of course, you'd have to enchant and bond each boot separately, but there's an option.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #40 on: <08-20-12/2248:53> »
Great, now I'm reminded of a character that had pink combat boots with neon green laces.

(One unit I heard about had Pink Combat Boots to show how well they shined them during Basic.  I told that to a punker player, and he jumped on them immediately.  Of course, someone doubted his sexuality immediately after he came out with them, and red became a much more predominant colour.).
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Redmercury

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <08-27-12/0230:59> »
You could always be a drake adept and forget about the weapon foci. +2 damage from natural weapons and you're dual natured. Although I admit being a small dragon does lack subtlety.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #42 on: <08-27-12/0525:19> »
You could always be a drake adept and forget about the weapon foci. +2 damage from natural weapons and you're dual natured. Although I admit being a small dragon does lack subtlety.

Shame you can't apply the Drake template to a Pixie.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Charasanya

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <08-27-12/0757:44> »
Shame you can't apply the Drake template to a Pixie.
Sure you can:

;D

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #44 on: <08-27-12/0824:54> »
Ok, you get a +1 just for kawaii-ness.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters