NEWS

Weapon Focus for Unarmed Combat?

• 45 Replies

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #15 on: <08-11-12/0341:16> »
Yeah, it's cheesy as heck, but it's technically legal.

I, personally, would fluff it out as special, ritually crafted "Magical Ninja Armor," which just happens to mimic the price and functionality of Full-FFBA, to make it sit better with myself.
If I went that way, I probably would to... Hmm, there really should be a 'custom look' option for armor & clothing like there is for weapons...

Completely Agree. The armour options are actually a bit bare, but custom look is a particularly striking absence.  I would just take the custom look option for weapons and apply it to armour, but the RAW gap is a pity.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

_Pax_

« Reply #16 on: <08-11-12/0346:53> »
I must say that Elemental Strike seems like a much better option; better AP (-3 vs -1/2 w/Element Effect) for less cost (.75 vs .5), at the cost of lacking in subtlety. Of course, "subtle" isn't really on the menu to begin with when you're hitting people hard enough to punch their heart out through their rib-cage.
  Why not get both?  "Half and then -3" sounds very, very nice ... doesn't it?

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #17 on: <08-11-12/0552:45> »
I must say that Elemental Strike seems like a much better option; better AP (-3 vs -1/2 w/Element Effect) for less cost (.75 vs .5), at the cost of lacking in subtlety. Of course, "subtle" isn't really on the menu to begin with when you're hitting people hard enough to punch their heart out through their rib-cage.

They're specifically listed as incompatible. Otherwise, yes, I'd be yelling "BLAZING GAUSS STRIKE!!!" every time I punched someone, and you know it!
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

valavaern

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <08-11-12/0959:51> »

They're specifically listed as incompatible. Otherwise, yes, I'd be yelling "BLAZING GAUSS STRIKE!!!" every time I punched someone, and you know it!
Elemental Strike and Penetrating strike also can't be combined with Distance Strike, so no BLAZING-GAUSS-DOKEN! either, sadly.

Also, the skill improving power has a sucky cost for combat skills.  :P
~~~~~
"Only two things matter: Force in as great a concentration as you can manage, and style. And in a pinch, style can slide." - Xykon
~~~~~

TheFinish

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <08-11-12/1002:13> »
You could take Way of the Warrior, if you're allowed.

Or some Martial Arts
"Pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind"

valavaern

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <08-11-12/1015:27> »
You could take Way of the Warrior, if you're allowed.

Or some Martial Arts
Took a custom way that I'm planning on posting here once I've ironed it all out... And some martial arts, too.
Also, while am I the only one finding it strange that Adepts can improve just about every physical aspect of their character... except their base movement speed?   There a run on snow power, a run across a parachute power, a run up walls power... but no 'run faster' power.  O.o
~~~~~
"Only two things matter: Force in as great a concentration as you can manage, and style. And in a pinch, style can slide." - Xykon
~~~~~

TheFinish

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <08-11-12/1021:32> »
That's because the designers obviously want adept to fight on rollerskates. With blades on the side.
"Pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind"

valavaern

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <08-11-12/1030:14> »
That's because the designers obviously want adept to fight on rollerskates. With blades on the side.
Of course!  Why didn't I see that before?  XD
~~~~~
~~~~~

Jackleg Rooster

• Newb
  • Five Point Palm Exploding Heart!
« Reply #23 on: <08-11-12/1813:59> »
Dude, nanotat focus. makes wherever you need it and they have to catch you to take it

valavaern

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <08-11-12/1924:22> »
Dude, nanotat focus. makes wherever you need it and they have to catch you to take it

Hmmm~ Kind of the idea I was going for with the boneblack tattoos (figure boneblack would be easier to enchant~).
~~~~~
~~~~~

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <08-11-12/2004:02> »
Especially if that boneblack is made out of reagents. So who is selling Dragon Bones and not afraid of those guys running around killing people with dragon items?

valavaern

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <08-11-12/2145:06> »
Especially if that boneblack is made out of reagents.
My thought exactly!  Also, I believe boneblack glows in the presense of mana fields, so whenever I 'turn on' killing hands, my tattoos glow.  >:3
~~~~~
~~~~~

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <08-11-12/2357:42> »
Also, while am I the only one finding it strange that Adepts can improve just about every physical aspect of their character... except their base movement speed?   There a run on snow power, a run across a parachute power, a run up walls power... but no 'run faster' power.  O.o
Yeah, nobody runs faster than normal anymore, except by haivng more initiative passes to spend doing the "sprint" action, ever since SR4 came along and made the speed the same for everyone of the same metatype instead of being based on an attribute. Increasing your Running skill for when you do that sprint action is the only way to run faster than other people, as far as I know.

valavaern

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <08-12-12/0111:42> »
Yeah, nobody runs faster than normal anymore, except by haivng more initiative passes to spend doing the "sprint" action, ever since SR4 came along and made the speed the same for everyone of the same metatype instead of being based on an attribute. Increasing your Running skill for when you do that sprint action is the only way to run faster than other people, as far as I know.
Raptor Cyber legs, Metagenetic Satyr Legs, and/or roller blades are the only things that increase your base speed... except of the 'Movement' spirit power, but no one has any idea how that thing actually works, so :/
~~~~~
~~~~~

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #29 on: <08-13-12/0254:55> »
Raptor Cyber legs, Metagenetic Satyr Legs, and/or roller blades are the only things that increase your base speed... except of the 'Movement' spirit power, but no one has any idea how that thing actually works, so :/

You forgot the Metagenetic power "Celerity".

So, in that vein, how would you add that up if you take Celerity, Satyr Legs, and Rollerblades, all of which add 50% to the base speed? I'm assuming 100% + (50% * 3) = 250%?
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me