NEWS

[IC] Virtual Underworld 93

• 3498 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1470 on: <04-10-12/0904:05> »
>>>>>[Indeed. Of course, when I first came to Seattle, people thought I was soft, too. Something about being an elf and a nobleman on the run. Then I had a spirit possess me and cut a troll in half with my sword. That talk stopped fairly quickly after that. Like I said, sometimes visible gestures of force are more persuasive than any amount of true power. That's part of the problem the technos have, I think. Too few people understand their power, and it doesn't serve them well in the meat, unless they have drones to call on.

With this Legion group making a play in North Am now, it might be worth seeing if I can't make contact with them. Having pissed off hackers on your side is a good thing, in my book. And I'll admit I'm a bit sympathetic to them, being a mage. And if they're butting heads with Horizon, that's going to mean a lot of work in the meat for those of us who want to take on such jobs.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (09:03:23/04-10-74)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Morg

« Reply #1471 on: <04-11-12/1141:19> »
>>>>>[Hi all it is good to be free. I have a question what is Assets Inc?]<<<<<

--Morg (11:33:23/04-11-74)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1472 on: <04-11-12/1143:55> »
>>>>>[Now there is a name I haven't heard in quite some time. Even dead dragons can weave their webs.]<<<<<

--Kusanagi Motoko (11:43:23/04-11-74)

My Characters

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1473 on: <04-11-12/1249:37> »
>>>>>[As am I Morg As am I. You make a great point Iceblade.]<<<<<

--Marak (12:49:23/04-11-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought
Hello mon come on and letd get dis party started no

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #1474 on: <04-11-12/1254:54> »
>>>>>[Assets was one of the premier shadow teams back in the late fifties and early sixties.  The leader of Assets, an adept named Ryan Mercury (aka Quicksliver), was rumored to have been trained personally by the wizworm and had strong..ahem..ties to the Draco Foundation through it's first and current chair and former UCAS VP Nadia Daviar. Rumors indicated they were the Foundation's lead strike team and worked exclusively for them to further the Foundations (read Dunkelzahns) various goals and agendas. However, the team seems to have disolved after Crash 2.0 and the assasination attempt on Daviar. Whether this is true or some kind of smokescreen has yet to be determined. What is known is that Mercury and Daviar have have parted ways after Daviar's reappearance and Mercury has been sighted with a new group and persuing a new agenda that is not necessaraly the same as the Foundations. Again, if this is part of an elaborate cover or operation, no one is saying. That's the short version. Why do you want to know?]<<<<<

--Bravo Six (12:33:43/04-11-74)
« Last Edit: <04-11-12/1440:34> by Mystic »
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Morg

« Reply #1475 on: <04-11-12/1311:25> »
>>>>>[Bravo I was just talking with a suit from the Draco Foundation about my debt and the name came up in conversation.
Marak...I didn't get to ask you before I woke up. If it's alright can I be there for the funeral?]<<<<<

--Morg (13:13:33/04-11-74)
« Last Edit: <04-11-12/1317:39> by Morg »

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1476 on: <04-11-12/1313:56> »
>>>>>[I see no reason why not. You were a friend of his. And since I also now have the same kinda 'debt' with them. It seems we maybe working together...maybe. Who knows what this guy has planned eh.]<<<<<

--Marak (13:13:33/04-11-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1477 on: <04-11-12/1327:03> »
>>>>>[Few escape the dragons claws, once they are caught within them. You will be paying those debts for a long time yet.]<<<<<

--Faust (13:26:32/04-11-74)

My Characters

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1478 on: <04-11-12/1418:29> »
>>>>>[What kind of spirit was it?]<<<<<

-- Chrona (19:17:52/04-11-74)

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1479 on: <04-11-12/1432:23> »
>>>>>[They never told me Chrona. Maybe Morg could tell ya?]<<<<<

--Marak (14:38:33/04-11-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #1480 on: <04-11-12/1446:09> »
>>>>>[Working for the DF, eh? Could be worse. They tend not to screw you over automatically and are are generally on the level and pay very well, at least they've paid me well in the past. Granted, I was very clear about our relationship. Still, there is a reason they pay well, their jobs are not for the faint of heart. Keep your eyes open and get as much intell as you can.]<<<<<

--Bravo Six (14:45:53/04-11-74)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Morg

« Reply #1481 on: <04-11-12/2015:06> »
>>>>>[They said it was a great form shadow spirit Chrona. For some reason shadow spirits would rather chat or use me as thier tool instead of drain me to death. The DF think it could be an advantage, I must do this to set things right...Oh I patched things up with Ogoun and I learned he was my true guide all this time]<<<<<

--Morg (20:15:03/04-11-74)

DaveB

• Newb
« Reply #1482 on: <04-11-12/2018:06> »
>>>>>[A little late to had to the "making an impression" discussion but I'll add something anyway. Smiley always said to me that my best weapon is my reputation to get what or where I want. A weapon that needs to be sharpen and soaked in blood, tons of it, to be effective. I've discovered, as Smiley taught me, imagery is what makes an impression. If my name or the image I'm projecting is not enough to scare off people, a real display of abilities is what does the trick. The more brutal, the more violent, the more disturbing... The better. Just last week back, I had to see someone hiding in an old housing project. I walk the front door and these four guys try to stop me. I blew out of my hand one of my special powder mix in the face of the three guys on my left. When they started bleeding through the eyes, nose and ears than started vomiting their liquifying organs in front of me... I made my point and the fourth one got out of the way as fast as he could. Smiley seems to favor a similarly bloody method. He is fond of ripping one's throat with his bare hand and throwing the larynx on the other side of the room. And he's doing it so fast that he doesn't get a single drop of blood on his fingers. I've seen the effectiveness and so as Mister Wolfgar and Mister Card. As effective as ork axe skull splitting.

Oh, Mister Card... thinking of me hm? Think about this one... If I offer you a drink, will you drink it?

And now the real reason why I'm posting here. Smiley left me a note saying "Gone on vacation! Somewhere hot and humid, back in a few!". I thought it was one of his lame dirty jokes or something... But no! Here he post about going in hell itself, armed to the teeth with a bunch of mercs. Does anyone has any idea what the hell he's doing there? For him to go there, it must involves a lot of money and can't augur anything good.]<<<<<
       -- Autumn (20:17:13/04-11-74)
« Last Edit: <04-11-12/2025:41> by DaveB »

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1483 on: <04-11-12/2038:26> »
>>>>>[ Liquifey their what! Jeez lady I'm sure there are other ways to show people your serious. Autumn is it ? As for who your looking for...never heard of him.
Morg hey have you heard if we're on the same team or whats going on. I keep gettin its need to know and I don't . Meh all I know I'm ready for work. With them or in the 'shade' ;) ]<<<<<

--Marak (20:38:03/04-11-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1484 on: <04-11-12/2101:52> »
>>>>>["With me a change of trouble is as good as a vacation." --David Lloyd George

And Card, if Autumn offers you a drink, go ahead and drink. If she's going to kill you, not taking the poison won't matter.

Autumn, I've seen the crime scene photos of some of your work. Cost me dinner at Dante's with a lovely little thing in KE's evidence locker. Anyways, I've seen enough to know Smiley's been training you well.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (21:01:34/04-11-74)

My Characters