NEWS

[IC] Virtual Underworld 93

• 3498 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1440 on: <04-02-12/2312:30> »
>>>>>[Before the revolution, I'd had the opportunity to go backstage to see Maria Mercurial, Grim Aurora, and Deirdre, when they were doing concerts in the Tir or Seattle. Rank and its privileges, you know. All three were excellent shows, and the afterparties!

As for what I listen to now? Those three are still on my list, and I took Xerena, the starlet, Wolf, and his apprentice out to Malek'thas to see Darkvine play one of his shows the other night. I've also traveled to see Ahi and Ar Canan in concert. But I tend to listen to classic rock when I want to relax, though there are times when playing an old crooner makes the ladies melt. Xerena especially loves it when-- OW! What you do that for? -- Sorry, Xerena just went a bit crazy and hit me for no reason.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (23:12:21/04-02-74)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #1441 on: <04-03-12/0015:37> »
>>>>>[ You dont give a lady's secrets away Ice, its not a wise thing to do. Marak, dont expect DIMR to call you back. They called me. Thankfully i hadn't left Seattle yet. I'm heading your way now. ]<<<<<  --Wolfgar(23:13:45 /04-02-74)
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #1442 on: <04-03-12/0132:00> »
>>>>>[That old dude Ozzy is pretty awesome. I personally think he puts most bands today to shame, outside of like, Mercurial. I'd say something about Smiley's and Xerena's, but I haven't seen them play, so I might take this chance for at least Thanks for Coming Out. Not like I have a lot going on on Friday.
 I got a few other bands that didn't really get main stream, so it's actually fairly unlikely you heard of them. Helps that they haven't played since the 30s or so.]<<<<<

-- Card (00:30:20/4-2-74)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

shrike

• Chummer
  • The rep is dead. Long live the rep.
« Reply #1443 on: <04-03-12/0136:14> »
>>>>>[Darkvine, Mercurial, Concrete Dreams, the Shadows, Deirdre and Jetblack. I met Deirdre back in '63 right after she released Aitiu. There were rumors circulating that she was High Prince Surehand's daughter. Smelled like a smear campaign to me, although there did seem to be a resemblance. I like an old band called Metallica also. Thanks for the invite, and put me down for the show, Smiley.]<<<<<
     -- Shrike "Cogito ergo iugulo" (00:34:32/04-03-12)
Imar heron. Imar raen. Imar semeraerth. Imar milessaratish. Miriat tela li? Thiesat tekio tore li?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1444 on: <04-03-12/0710:20> »
>>>>>[The rumors about Deirdre and the High Prince were going on well before the revolution, but they got stronger when Charisma Associates, presumably as part of the deal that got the Princes to leave without any real fighting, picked up Deirdre, and gave her a big push. She is a very talented woman, regardless, and I do agree with Shrike that she bears a strong resemblance to the High Prince. Even if you aren't fortunate enough to speak Sperethiel, her songs are simply beautiful.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (07:10:34/04-03-74)

My Characters

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #1445 on: <04-03-12/0946:35> »
>>>>>[Nice to see that people still appreciate classics around here, uncle of mine who's only semi-retired likes old country songs and his "apprentice" loves classic Rob Zombie. He even names his T-birds after Zombie songs. Both love to hack comm-channels and blast their favorites. Yeah, music is big in my family; you either learn to play, sing, or shoot...often all the above.  If not for a twist of fate, I would have likely pursued a music career myself. I still have an old 2005 Gibson, named Gwen, that belonged to my great-grandfather, a blues player from 'Nawlins. Got it for him after he lost his 1955 Gibson was lost in a fire. Only got to play it once before he died, but boy did he, just enough to learn her name. He fought in the Vietnam war back and playing was the only thing that kept him sane when he came home, accoriding to grandpa. Even after all these years, Gwen still sings like an angel, provided she likes your soul. Maybe we'll get to play again when I'm done here. Would be nice. ]<<<<<

--Bravo Six (09:46:34/04-03-74)
« Last Edit: <04-03-12/1055:17> by Mystic »
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1446 on: <04-03-12/1132:46> »
>>>>>[Classical Rock and some of it's derivatives.  Like Classical Metal.  Love Black Sabbath.  Sorry folks, out at sea and Matrix Connections are wonky at best.]<<<<<
       -- Money Johnson (11:32:18/04-03-74)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1447 on: <04-03-12/1238:54> »
>>>>>[Hurry up he's throw some major firepower at me now!!!! Ju ju and the lead kind. I used my last nades and claymores . A doss just this side of touristville went boom.Tried to fireball me they drekhead ghoul lovin bastardo. Mon lets get dis perdy sarted . Wher de reggae beats mon. I tink Morgzilla be brought friends both real fleshy types and spirits. No fair I got a panther with his name on it.....................]<<<<<
       -- Marak (12:32:18/04-03-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought
Hello mon come on and letd get dis party started no

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1448 on: <04-03-12/1839:21> »

>>>>>[Right To DIMR and the people that helped in any way. Morgzilla is being carted off by them as we speak. Now to life going normal, well as normal as it can get for people like us .]<<<<<
       -- Marak (18:32:18/04-03-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1449 on: <04-03-12/1846:54> »

>>>>>[But living in the orc underground I'm hearing a lot of Trogg rock, reggae and from Granny Grimm what she calls opera and jazz.]<<<<<
       -- Marak (18:47:18/04-03-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #1450 on: <04-03-12/2317:28> »
>>>>>[Alright, Morg is locked behind some serious wards while the DIMR people take a closer look at him. The bad news is, is that it is a spirit possession, the good news is that they think they can get him cleaned up.]<<<<<

--Wolfgar (10:15:45/04-03-74)
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1451 on: <04-04-12/0007:02> »
>>>>>[Now I know how it feels to be bait. I don't like it . ANd i never got to play with the panther assault cannon . Nice and sleek .Lovely . Now what lol.]<<<<<

--Marak (23:06:45/04-03-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1452 on: <04-04-12/0101:23> »
>>>>>[Just possession, then? That's better than I expected. I'd thought the fool had made a pact with the spirit, which would be far harder to dissolve. Marak, being bait is no fun, I can attest to that. But the fact that you're alive to not like the feeling means you're better off than most people who get in that role, especially the ones that got the role thrown on them. Now, mundanes are naturally limited in what they can do to people who are possessed. If you come across the situation in the future, there are two things I'd suggest. The first would be keeping some SnS or APDS ammo on hand, depending on whether you prefer pistols or heavier weapons. Either one stands a decent chance of getting through all but the most powerful spirits' resistance to nonmagical weapons. If that doesn't work, just hit the thing, as hard as you can. It might not make sense to someone who isn't up on magic lore, but the emotion behind the attack can affect the spirit. Of course, unless you're very strong-willed, then you're not likely to land the blow. But it is better than nothing.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (01:01:01/04-04-74)

My Characters

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #1453 on: <04-04-12/1126:31> »
>>>>>[Just wish they let me keep the Panther. Oh well . But looks like they want to put me under 'observation' because of events. It was the only way to get KE to back off. sigh]<<<<<

--Marak (11:01:01/04-04-74)
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1454 on: <04-04-12/1132:51> »
>>>>>[The Draco people have a good reputation. I'm sure the only thing they will ask of you for keeping the Knights away is to find some artifact for them. That is the big craze now, yes?]<<<<<

--Wyrmtongue (11:32:23/04-04-74)

My Characters

Register