NEWS

Pixies and firearms

• 49 Replies

Ratboy

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <07-11-12/2059:35> »
When they fill all their Overflow and die they go "poof". No body.
Thanks!

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #31 on: <07-11-12/2351:29> »
I thought it was a disadvantage because they didn't get overflow.
P boxes fill, and the pixie goes poof.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #34 on: <07-13-12/2331:26> »
I have mentioned it before, but my Missions pixie made the mistake at one point of attempting to fire a Predator heavy pistol belonging to a downed team mate.

Do you know how incredibly easy it is to critical-glitch when you're rolling only 3 dice due to defaulting?

:)

After that firefight the team looked around and didn't spot their tiny companion, til a muffled, "Guys? A little help?" came from a hole in a nearby wall.

-k

_Pax_

« Reply #35 on: <07-14-12/0038:14> »
Plus, remember, they can easily buy their way to Strength 3 and Body 3, [...]
It just occurred to me:

Exceptional Attribute, and Metagenic Improvement .... a Pixie could have a 5 in one, or a 4 in both.  Pretty damned good, for a barbie-doll-sized critter ...!!

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #36 on: <07-14-12/0252:00> »
It just occurred to me:

Exceptional Attribute, and Metagenic Improvement .... a Pixie could have a 5 in one, or a 4 in both.  Pretty damned good, for a barbie-doll-sized critter ...!!

Actually, you can get Metagenetic Improvement twice, once for each stat, if you're going the 4/4 route. Way easier on the points, too, if you go with SURGE Class III.

After that, assuming your GM says it's viable, pop in a pair of Genetic Optimizations and they've got a natural limit of 5 and 5.
« Last Edit: <07-14-12/0254:52> by JustADude »
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <07-14-12/1419:24> »
It just occurred to me:

Actually, you can get Metagenetic Improvement twice, once for each stat, if you're going the 4/4 route. Way easier on the points, too, if you go with SURGE Class III.

After that, assuming your GM says it's viable, pop in a pair of Genetic Optimizations and they've got a natural limit of 5 and 5.

I think that's what he meant... with an attribute cap of 4 you can have 2 at 4 (you can only have 1 at maximum)
of course you can augment the 4/5 agility to 7 if you have an essence los anyway...
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <07-14-12/1433:12> »
or just go with a laser weapon?

And, a Redline Laser is the size of a laser pointer, right? That might be viable...

Can you give a quote on that size?
That'ld be indeed a viable option then... 7 agi a pixie sized laser weapon... no munchkin stuff still but a viable enemy still.
(exotic weapon and therefore no specialization, 7 agi max where other chars can have 13 means you lack 8 dice and have a forbidden weapon and do 1less P damage then SnS does S(e))

Kesslan

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <07-14-12/2242:02> »
The Redline is a typical pistol, not a laser pointer.

That said, if your GM allowed you probably could build one into something the size of a laser pointer but don't expect to get more than 1 or 2 shots out of it. They have battery clips for a reason after all and those only hold 10 shots to begin with.

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <07-15-12/1502:43> »
well you can external system your laser weapon magazin into a backpack... and the weight isn't the problem, only the size is so this should work with little problems

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #41 on: <07-15-12/1736:19> »
well you can external system your laser weapon magazin into a backpack... and the weight isn't the problem, only the size is so this should work with little problems

Could a pixie wear a backpack? Yea the wings aren't needed for flight, but they are still a sensitive part that are used to freedom of movement and really made to be restrained (judging from the picture). I can't see it being very comfortable.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <07-15-12/1739:21> »

Could a pixie wear a backpack? Yea the wings aren't needed for flight, but they are still a sensitive part that are used to freedom of movement and really made to be restrained (judging from the picture). I can't see it being very comfortable.

Considering all their stuff costs extra to buy, one would assume a backpack made for one would account for the wings.   ;)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Kesslan

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <07-17-12/2111:04> »
You could in theory make a backpack's straps so that they don't constrict the wings. Set it on a Y Harness frame rather than a double D ring setup along the back. That means the main straps run directly along the spine, in between the wings. The backpack would more than likely still prevent flight, but could at least be relatively comfortable to wear. With the right setup you could probably rig something up so that the top straps had a quick release, dropping the backpack down to the legs (Interfering with running etc at that point) but then allow the wings freedom of movement to fly off (At which point what does it matter if your legs are up against the pack). I'd make the assumption that the waist belt could probably hold it on though there would still be a risk of it slipping off, especially if it snagged etc (Such as if you glitch).

In the end it would really depend on your GM, but that kind of stuff I generally let my players pull off, even if I make them pay a little extra for it and/or jump through a few extra hoops to get it.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <07-17-12/2142:11> »
You could in theory make a backpack's straps so that they don't constrict the wings. Set it on a Y Harness frame rather than a double D ring setup along the back. That means the main straps run directly along the spine, in between the wings. The backpack would more than likely still prevent flight, but could at least be relatively comfortable to wear. With the right setup you could probably rig something up so that the top straps had a quick release, dropping the backpack down to the legs (Interfering with running etc at that point) but then allow the wings freedom of movement to fly off (At which point what does it matter if your legs are up against the pack). I'd make the assumption that the waist belt could probably hold it on though there would still be a risk of it slipping off, especially if it snagged etc (Such as if you glitch).

In the end it would really depend on your GM, but that kind of stuff I generally let my players pull off, even if I make them pay a little extra for it and/or jump through a few extra hoops to get it.

Emphasis mine.

It's already been stated that the wings aren't required for pixie flight, though going by what's stated, it may be slightly more difficult.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen